Silmaril

Go for it, chica!
Old 09-24-2002, 06:34 AM   #162
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Cimmerian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cimmerian
Sting

Right, the scattered have regrouped. Bulvard, Culloth, Harolas, Gwyn and Tumnaooriel will try to rescue Elwyn, Elanor and Ransom.

Anyone heard from Aosama, Ransom and Ain???
Old 09-24-2002, 11:59 AM   #163
Carnëiach
Haunting Spirit

Carnëiach has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Carnëiach
Eye

ive seen ransom definitly on The Audience With The King and Picnic At The Bonfire Glade, but nothing from the others
Old 09-24-2002, 12:03 PM   #164
Ransom
Wight

Ransom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Ransom
Sting

I'll post something later today. My bad.
Old 09-25-2002, 01:55 PM   #165
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Elenna has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elenna
Silmaril

Help! Rescue me!

And enjoy this moment, people. I don't do the damsel in distress thing often!

Where is Viking? He and I have a plot...
Old 09-26-2002, 08:40 AM   #166
Aosama, the Wandering Star
Wight

Aosama, the Wandering Star has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well, I'd a posted, but I don't know where I am. Am I captured too? *is clueless*
Old 09-26-2002, 08:47 AM   #167
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Read! Read! Read! Aosama!
Lady Gwyn has been mentioned in recent posts.

Nice backstory hint, Nev. I love it.
Old 09-27-2002, 11:59 PM   #168
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Great going so far, but this tale lacks a serious element of evil. Someone should play the evil characters. Someone good at role playing baddies.

Ransom, nice new armour. Your descriptions are perfect. Beware the Chaos Warrior ! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-28-2002, 10:40 AM   #169
Ransom
Wight

Sting

I was thinking Death Knight myself. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Few things:
First:Anyone know Calixto's stats? All I could find was that he was an elf archer/warrior. Perhaps we should nail that down.

Second: We should figure out how an elf is commanding orcs. Necromancer? Linch? Puppet?

[ September 28, 2002: Message edited by: Ransom ]

[ September 28, 2002: Message edited by: Ransom ]
Old 09-28-2002, 01:26 PM   #170
Carnëiach
Haunting Spirit

Eye

well i was thinking he was in league with the evil sorceress who was messin with bulvards mind earlier- either that or hes the actual sorcerer who joined aronjas mind and bulvards.

Calixos stats...hmm...well, we need someone fairly striking, just so he'll make a good baddie...i dont think we need someone to play him- if so, Nev, thats definitly your score, Thrakatburz is the best baddie ive seen yet.
Old 09-29-2002, 09:31 AM   #171
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Amen! If we can reincarnate Thrakatburz, let all goodies tremble!

Maybe the Crimson Sword gave Calixto power over orcs and such. That would work if we can't get Thrakatburz.
Old 09-29-2002, 10:45 AM   #172
Ransom
Wight

Sting

Who's Thrakatburz? He certainly sounds interesting. *rubs hands together gleefully*

Evil sorcress? The more the merrier. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2002, 10:49 AM   #173
Carnëiach
Haunting Spirit

Eye

Thrakatburz is female, Ransom. Shes a twisted devious sorceress who really can be one complete b- well, one completely not nice person...and shes the best baddie Ive seen. She was played by Nev on the rivendell thread; its on Page 5.

Could we actually be having Thrakat, or someone like her?

Has anyone seen Ain? She hasnt posted for pages.

[ September 29, 2002: Message edited by: Carnëiach ]
Old 10-01-2002, 09:45 AM   #174
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Some excellent gameplay going on between the captured three. Too bad I am not getting the proper respose from the other players to launch the rescue. Bulvard is still unstable, and I am practically playing Culloth'spart all by myself now.

Aosama, Nevtalathiel, Viking, Ain, Arwem Baggins should get into the game full time for us to get things moving at our end.

There is still a lack of a decently evil character here. I don't agree that we should bring in Thrakatburz here. I get the idea, Elenna, but I don't think it would make this game better. We all know what Thrakat is all about.

To instill the element of evil, I have decided to take over Calixto's character and play it as a newer, more potent evil. I have a plan here. All in favour say yea!
Old 10-01-2002, 09:48 AM   #175
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

That sounds good. Whoever I apparently hate could just be an old nemesis now working for Calixto...
Old 10-01-2002, 10:45 AM   #176
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nevtalathiel has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

Thrakatburz really wouldn't work if she didn't have someone to *cough* with (honestly I have a cough...really). Calixto doesn't really seem like her type [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] I think I'm finally getting to grips with Tumnaooriel, I think the challenge of writing her and and Thrak and all the other things I'm doing would be too much (flattered as I am [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]). Bring it on Cimm!

Damn! Now I've read it, I really wish I could play the character! I'm really looking forward to this-it'll be great!

[ October 01, 2002: Message edited by: Nevtalathiel ]
Old 10-01-2002, 12:29 PM   #177
Ransom
Wight

Sting

I vote for Cimmerian! Now which hole do I punch and how hard? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I'm currently re-thinking Ransom's past and his personality right now. I'll put up a slightly revised history in a few days. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Have fun!

-Ransom
Old 10-01-2002, 12:51 PM   #178
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Looking forward to reading it, Ransom.

And I've thought up a REASON why I hate this woman so much. Read on, my companions!
Old 10-01-2002, 01:59 PM   #179
Carnëiach
Haunting Spirit

Eye

oooh Elenna has a fancy reason! Im afraid all my plans ran out about a page ago. Come on, spill, youve got me interested now!

Quote:
I have a cough honestly
yeah nev i believe you..no really...my my isnt that a pretty pink elephant on a bycicle...

Cimm, please dont make Calixto a straight out and evil Azruk character- his evil goes far deeper, into the realms of subtlty, betrayal, integrity and good looks being used against people (this isnt just a chance to love yourself cimm!). No offence, you really are a fab baddie, i was just sayin.

Nice to hear Ransom like torturing his enemies...everyone needs a hobbie i suppose...*backs away slowly...*

I reeeeeeeeally need a plan...
Old 10-01-2002, 03:17 PM   #180
Ransom
Wight

Sting

New profile (rough draft):

Name: Ransom DeViolana

Height: 5' 7"

Home: None

Description: Dark, piercing eyes peer suspiciously around, flickering from table to table. The dark black cloak that normally obscures his face is flung back, revealing short cropped, dark hair and a deeply tanned face.

Weapons: Serrated bastard sword Ancalagon, poleaxe Ancalagon’s Claw

Armor: Suit of blackened plate mail w/knives, fleshooks, and various barbs protruding

Clothing: Dark leather shirt, green pants, well-worn boots, belt with assorted bags and pouches.

History:

Ransom DeViolana was born in a frontier settlement slightly to the west of the Firien woods, in the Duchy of San’diros. The area was well known for the unusual occurrences and assassinations, and the local governor, Lord Schrader, established an investigative official on staff. Ransom’s father, Sato DeViolana, was one such Inquisitor, specializing in the investigation of witches and assassinations. Lord Schrader was a harsh man, but an extremely capable leader. He did not wish for trouble with witches, and generally offered them two opinions: a peaceful existence with a large subsidy from the governor or death. Sato DeViolana generally spent most of his time traveling, hunting down any witches and attempting to convince them to live peacefully. Ransom’s mother was a healer and a priestess of Esta. His only other family was his older sister named Vaira.

Ransom’s early childhood was generally peaceful. His father taught his young son the art of warfare, for the office of Inquisitor was an inherited position. His mother died when he was eight. A nine-year-old Vaira generally cared for Ransom and her father afterwards. At the age of thirteen, Ransom officially became his father’s apprentice. Vaira, a talented healer in the tradition of her mother’s household, became a priestess of Nienna.

Four years later, Sato was killed by a witch who refused to desist from harming a nearby village. Ransom thus received his father’s office. His first act was to hunt down the witch. This was accomplished in record time, and the offending witch’s head mounted on a stake above Lord Schrader’s fortress. It was during this time that Ransom discovered Ancalagon.

Lord Schrader died the next year, and his elder son died when ambushed by orcs. Thus, the mantle of leadership passed to his second son, High Inquisitor Cross. Cross was a brilliant administrator and, unlike his father, a kind man. The Inquisition disappeared at his command, going underground. They worked in the shadows, ensuring the general peace of the area. It was during this time that Ransom was loaned to the late King Rafflensher the Thirteenth for a short time.

That winter, a force of orcs lead by a mysterious elvish figure sacked the temple-town that his sister was serving at, as well as stealing a shipment of gold mined in the mountains. Vaira was captured and sold. The orcs were ambushed by a small force of Cross’s personal guard under the command of Ransom. Over a hundred orcs were killed. Vaira could not be found.

Cross granted Ransom’s request for leave, allowing him to search for his sister. It took him two years to hunt down her down, locating her in an Easterling settlement to the east of Dale. Ransom, with the help of a few good friends, attacked the settlement and put ever free man in the town to the sword. The slaves were freed, and Ransom took her sister back to his home. She had been beaten and scarred by the ork in more ways than one, and she died the next year.

Rumors of elves commanding orcs trickled back to San’diros, where Lord Cross once again gave Ransom leave to pursue the matter. And so, Ransom traveled back to the lands of King Rafflensher the Thirteenth.

Personality:

Ransom is generally cool and blunt. His service in the Inquisition has taught him the art of dealing with people, and the correct application of force. He values his friends and allies above all else. He worships Mandos and Nienna, and strives to uphold their beliefs. While some consider him cynical and harsh, Ransom actually dislikes causing undue amounts of pain.

The Inquisition on a whole seeks to treat witches with respect, and Ransom generally follows this policy. To him, his responsibility is to protect both the witches and the general population. For him, witches are no different than the general populace. Happy witches are peaceful, helpful witches. Unhappy witches lead to general destruction, mayhem, and death.

While Ransom does know the more brutal methods of torture, he seeks to cause as little permanent damage as possible. A little pain mixed with the illusion of kindness does far more than pure pain. He does not delight in the death of his enemies, nor in causing them physical pain. The one exception are orcs, who he views as little better than animals and only worthy to be cleansed. Anyone trading with or leading orks share in their fate.

Comments? Criticism? I got a bit of my insperation from the Warhammer and Warhammer 40K wargames as well as assorted RPGs I’ve played.

Bit of explanation. I'm trying to give Ransom a bit more character depth then he has right now.

Elenna- Do you want Ransom to adopt a "I-hold-you-punch" attitude toward our new captive? Or a "just-wait-until-Elwyn-gets through with you" attitude?

Carnëiach-Up to this point, Ransom did not know Elanor was a witch. Overall, I don't think his interaction with Elanor will change much. He's just not going to reveal his general background in the near future. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Edit: Further notes on Religion in San’diros and the Inquisition. Found when cleaning computer drive. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

The people of San’diros believe that the Valar are angelic servants of a single, more powerful god. Thus, they worship or pray to different Valar according to their personal situation. For example, Aule will be worshiped by craftsmen while Este is worshiped by healers and the sick. Mandos, Tulkas, and Orome are popular with soldiers, while Nienna is worshiped mainly by the Inquisition. A system of Valar-specific priests staff small parishes in the counties of the duchy, in addition to reporting any uprisings, assaults, or strange occurrences to the Inquisition.

They believe that Saurun rebelled against their god and that the orcs are those deceived and twisted by his power. The Inquisition supports this theological view, as it is rather useful for directing the rage of the peasants toward useful targets or inspiring soldiers to greater bravery. Anyone found trafficking with servants of the Evil One or plotting with his servants are usually subjected to a long and painful death at the hands of a veteran Inquisitor. For them, absolution for the fallen and lost only comes through death.

The ascendance of High Inquisitor Cross to his father’s position heralded an unprecedented expansion of the Inquisition beyond its original goals. Under Lord Cross, the Inquisition has grown beyond his father's investigative agency into the spheres of religion and the military. Cross granted the Inquisition several garrisons of troops. These troops, publicly Cross’s personal guard, were trained to combat all manners of internal and external enemies. As noted above, the Inquisition also receives some information from priests, though it prefers to stay out of theological matters. The actual number of inquisitors is small, for the High Inquisitor chooses only a small number of loyal individuals.

Cross’s expansion of the Inquisition’s power benefited San’diros as a whole in addition to giving him much more control over internal politics. Internal strife is almost non-existent, and trade with the more populated regions of Gondor to the south and Rohan to the north west have generally enriched the small population. Orcish raids, once a disastrous seasonal occurrence, now break against the highly trained troops of the government.

However, the nobles of the land objected to the Inquisition’s broad power. Some even attempted to rebel. Most of these rebels lost the support of their peasants, and were quickly crushed. A small handful retreated into the mountains, launching occasional raids on San’diros. The Inquisition responded by labling these nobles heritics and gathering forces to launch a decisive assault against the rebels. Back at home, the constant political battles between the Inquisition and the nobles have clamed somewhat in light of the recent stife.

[ October 03, 2002: Message edited by: Ransom ]
Old 10-01-2002, 04:05 PM   #181
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

How about a "just wait" attitude at this point. I'm madly searching my brain for some good support for my hatred.

But since Ransom knows what Elwyn is like angry, he probably has a bit of pity for the poor evil chick.
Old 10-01-2002, 07:24 PM   #182
Ransom
Wight

Sting

Ransom is waiting for your decision. And he's currently not feeling much pity. He views her as an abomonation that needs to be cleansed. Maybe that'll change by the time Elwyn is done with her. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2002, 04:02 AM   #183
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Elenna, I didn’t mean to step on your toes. I just felt that this tale needed a genuine baddie. Let me a few days to come up with Calixto’s true colours.

Carn/Aman, I am going to enjoy exploring my evil instincts to the deepest levels here. Azruk’s character was a mere babe compared to what I have in mind for Calixto and his alter ego.

Nevta, I am quite relieved that you have declined to play Thrakatburz here, it wouldn’t do. Besides there is a lot more to explore about Tumnaooriel... and Bulvard.

Ransom, it’s nice to know that the AwwtK project is working for you, but to be reading all that detail.... yawn. I liked the earlier version better.
Old 10-02-2002, 12:03 PM   #184
Carnëiach
Haunting Spirit

Eye

nah i like the new draft, give him a break cimm. Youre usually a stickler for detail too. Im just not sure about the whole "die witch die" thing...Ransom did i mention how much i love your armour?

Azruk seeming nice? Oh dear god. Alter ego? Hey its worked for me and nev, sounds good.

Oh, does anyone know how I can get my old account back? See, the BW said hed send me my password and hasnt. grrr. Elenna; ure a mod- can you get my password?
Old 10-02-2002, 01:49 PM   #185
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Nope - that's administration territory. Try Mithadan.

And Cimm, I wasn't mad at all. I tremble with fear at the very thought of a more evil Azruk. Do you want me to delete all the witch stuff? I was actually thinking she could be an evil minion...
Old 10-02-2002, 09:47 PM   #186
Ransom
Wight

Sting

Perhaps we should think of a name for this elf. Calling her “unamed/angry/annoying/evil female elf” does get a bit tiresome. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Hmm…we probably should find a way to expedite the process of get Bulvard and co. into Calixto’s fortress.

Cimmerian-I know I have a tendency to get wordy and long winded. My sincere appologies for any psycological or physical injuries incurred during the bordem of reading my history or any related incidents. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Best of luck on creating a truly devious Calixto. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Carnëiach -Ransom’s (and the Inquisiton’s) experience is that any witch can be quite a pain to fight when backed into a corner. Easily doable for a experienced Inquisitor, but not desired. They’ll only kill a witch who blatently attacks/backstabs/murders their neighbors despite bribes, land somewhere else, etc. Peaceful/friendly witchs are generally left alone to their own devices, and sometimes even protected. So, Elanor has nothing to fear from Ransom. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Anyone who consorts with orcs/Mordor/evil/The Necromancer, Saurun, etc. are labled heritics and abominations for their (percieved) crimes against the Gods and the state. Not exactly accurate or fair, but extremely useful for whipping up troops.

[ October 02, 2002: Message edited by: Ransom ]
Old 10-03-2002, 12:34 AM   #187
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Elenna, don’t delete anything. That part gives the story more depth. I am devising a plot to link all the evil events together (did that sound right?) Since you’re playing the new evil woman part as well, do post a bio on her here.

Aman, Azruk was a straightforward, honest baddie. He believed in what he did. Could you PM me what discussions you had with Arcanjo? And what your plans are about the mysterious archer and the sorceress? PM me!

Ransom, right! I have already locked horns with the senior long-winded posters here… and lost. Let’s not do that anymore. I’ll give your new bio another, more patient read. Heretics? Inquisition? Whipping up troops? Hm, political intrigue! Bring it on!
Old 10-03-2002, 02:19 AM   #188
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Aravelenon’s Bio –

Elf wizard.

Dark eyes and hair.

6’6 tall

200lbs

Thin and wiry in appearance.

Dressed in long, flowing robes. Can disguise himself as anything/anyone.

His motives and agendas are fueled by his lust for power and glory under Sauron.
He is aided by an army of uruk hai, orcs, trolls and warg. His strength lies in his power of casting illusions. Some very tangible illusions too.

Nashburz is the commander of his orc army.

7’ tall, around 400 lbs.
Armour and weapons forged in Mordor.
Carries a massive cleaver sword. An Azruk wanna-be.

The people with Bulvard - get in the game, please!
Old 10-03-2002, 09:50 AM   #189
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

OK - here's a bio for the witch:

Name: Her real name isn't known, but everyone calls her Dark Flame. Elwyn knows who she really is...

Weapons: Magic and fire.

Appearance: Black hair and dark eyes. Same height as Elwyn, and approximately the same build.

History: Who she was before she began to terrorize the small village of Silverwood isn't known. One day she came out of the forest and began to set houses on fire, demanding that all the villagers worship her as a goddess. Elwyn was passing through, and tried to do something, but she was badly burned trying to save two little boys who were actually SET ON FIRE by this witch.

Obviously they have a past. It'll come out later.
Old 10-04-2002, 11:04 AM   #190
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

White-Hand

Ok, ok Cimm, I'm gettign in there, sorry, I've had a busy week, please don't hurt me! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Hopefully I'll have some time to catch up over the weekend, maybe even see people online (it has been far far too long) and next week shouldn't be so bad (famous last words [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] )

Aman, Mith was the one who helped me get my password back, try him he was very helpful.
Old 10-05-2002, 03:27 PM   #191
Ransom
Wight

Sting

We're moving along. Yipee!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Elenna-Ransom shall be interested to discover what happened to Mithwyn. Very interested. A professinal matter. Valar help the poor woman. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Cimmerian-Would Aravelenon have any other illusions besides orcs? Like traps, infinute coridors, etc?

[ October 05, 2002: Message edited by: Ransom ]
Old 10-06-2002, 11:59 AM   #192
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

All will be revealed in due time, but guesses are welcome! And Elwyn, as far as she knows, is the only one who knows Flame's real name.

Harolas might know - if you want him to, Viking, PM me.
Old 10-06-2002, 01:26 PM   #193
Carnëiach
Haunting Spirit

Eye

Cimm- what do you mean about discussions i had with Calixto? When? Im looking forward to this baddie, hes coming out evil Thrakat style...

Ransom- glad to hear it. The hate issue with witches; that was reeeally worrying me...now i can get back to my plans of annoying the heck out of all who stand in my way to conquer the world...oh no wait, wrong RP [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Nev and Elenna- thanx, ill try mithadan. Are mods not administators as well? As well, i though they came together...
Old 10-09-2002, 05:01 AM   #194
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

I developed Aravelenon from a character out of my own fan fics. Muah hahaha

Ransom – The entire situation the captives are in could be an illusion, then again maybe not. Heh heh!

Elenna, cool character there. Hm, why must Harolas get all the luck, ‘ey?

Nevta, I understand completely. I’m pretty tied up IRL this week too.

Aman, didn’t you once mention that you had an exchange with Arcanjo? Anyway, I want to know of your plans regarding the evil characters. Maybe we can combine forces.

I vote we kill off all characters, whose owners haven’t responded in the last few weeks. Any one agrees?

Culloth bites the dust soon. I take it upon myself, and more heartbreak for Bulvard.
Old 10-09-2002, 10:00 AM   #195
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Well, I thought Bulvard was still getting over his dead wife. But if you think he's over her... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

And killing some people off sounds like a good idea. Mithwyn would be more than happy to kill Culloth.

[ October 09, 2002: Message edited by: Elenna ]
Old 10-10-2002, 06:05 AM   #196
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

heh heh, i was hoping shed go soon. And Mithwyn v Culloth would be just perfect...

im sorry cimm i have only a few snippets of various plans so im havent really got one i can share with you- if u have a plan, thad help me big style! sorry
Old 10-10-2002, 06:07 AM   #197
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

OH, and as u will have noticed, Amanaduial is back on the scene! I can only use her from the school account at the moment tho because of my unfairly lame computer, but im working on it.
Old 10-10-2002, 12:39 PM   #198
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

I'm goign to be away from home for the weekend (family wedding I'm not allowed to go to-stupid school), so no internet for me, I'm afriad [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2002, 01:05 PM   #199
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Shadow_Staar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Shadow_Staar Send a message via AIM to Shadow_Staar
Sting

Hey hey...ok welli talked to Elenna, and she said she needed someone to play her sister, so i am willing to do that...that is if u all dont mind???
Old 10-10-2002, 01:17 PM   #200
Ransom
Wight

Sting

Alas, schoolwork is increasing like entropy. I'll try to post later this afternoon.

Cimmerian-Go ahead and remove a few characters. Perhaps an ambush by orcs to bolster Calixto's claims?

[ October 10, 2002: Message edited by: Ransom ]