Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2002, 03:22 PM   #281
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

*just checking*: OOC:
Menil, have you read Mith's last post? (above)? You may have a long wait.
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 06-15-2002, 04:34 PM   #282
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Sam woke up and stretched. He felt very rested--it was nice to have had a dreamless sleep.
He stared at the bunk above him for a moment, letting his eyes clear. He could hear his daughter's breathing above him.
Turning his head, he saw Frodo sound asleep.

Sam:Ah, Mister Frodo, if only you could stay that way 'til all this is over.....
Glancing up, he saw that Stacey was gone.

Sam: Hm. I hope she just went for a walk... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

He got up himself, going as quietly as he could out the door.
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 06-15-2002, 10:02 PM   #283
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Frodo woke, He looked at Prim and Sam. He smiled. Sam had a tendency to make a whistley sound when he slept. Frodo knew, however that if he told Sam he would be embarassed more than would be thought possible.
Frodo wondered what happened to Stacey, and what had happened to the copy of the Silmarillion he had given C7A.....
Old 06-15-2002, 10:06 PM   #284
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey walked along the deck. The Elf lady was stll at the wheel. She would have said something, but she was one of the reasons Stacey felt so awkward on this trip.
She looked ahead. Where exactly were they going....?
Old 06-15-2002, 10:08 PM   #285
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

As he was going out the door (read the last page, Mister Frodo), Sam thought he heard someone stir. Looking back, he saw Frodo sitting up.
Sam: *whispering* Mister Frodo, sir? I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-15-2002, 10:09 PM   #286
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

OOC: Oop. What Sam was doing was just above. Agh...don't mind me..... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-15-2002, 10:36 PM   #287
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

"It is all right, Sam. I was awake already. Where are you going?"
Old 06-16-2002, 12:34 AM   #288
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Child was sitting at her desk reading the copy of the Silmarillion which her cousin Frodo had so kindly given to her. She was half asleep and half awake, studying famous voyages and battles which had taken place on the Sea. Angara lay curled at her feet.

Like Birdie, Child also felt sad when she looked at Tuor and Idril. But her sadness was not in seeing the two eternal lovers so obviously enraptured with each other. She did not begrudge them that happiness. For, in that realm, Child had her own sweet memories.

Instead, she thought what would happen at the end of battle. For these two would be allowed to sail back to Elvenhome, those distant green shores with beaches of white sand and pure light. And, although she would never say it to Idril's face, she knew that Tuor, like Child, had been a mere mortal. Sometimes, things just didn't seem fair.

She, instead, would be getting back to reality--lots of mailbags to deliver, hungry mouths to feed, a hobbit house that was a bit small for too many little hands and feet. It was a great honor to be the widow of one who had stood up to fight and die in the Scouring so many years before; his name was even inscribed on the Shire rolls.

But Child had found herself after death residing with her children in the Barrow-downs, and she still had no idea where her dear husband had gone to after his demise. Perhaps, if she could go back to Aman, she could beg an answer from one of the Valar. But this seemed highly unlikely. Chubby, three foot hobbit matrons did not get to make voyages to the Undying lands. Only Bilbo, and Frodo, and Sam had done that, and they did not realize how lucky they were!

They might lose, it is true, but Child refused to think of that. Indeed, if they lost, the ones she most worried about were Samwise and Frodo. She was very glad Bilbo had chosen not to come on this trip!

These blue wizards weren't stupid. Surely they knew the tales of the Ringbearers, and what they had done. They would just love to get their evil talons back into those who had done so very much to defeat the Shadow.
The names Rose and Bird and Pio were probably nothing to them, but Sam and Frodo were another story.

Child knew there was nothing she could do to help Rose or Mith, but perhaps she could do something for Sam and Frodo. Child now remembered what Idril had said, that she wanted to speak with them. At first Child thought that had only been a matter of courtesy. Now, she was not sure. For she had noticed a very strange look in the eyes of the Elven lady.

She truly wished Sam and Frodo would go to her, or at least write her a letter, since that proud Elf was unlikely to go banging on their cabin doors. So Child decided she might have to be the one banging on doors. She wrote out the following note, and on the outside of the envelope wrote: Miss Stacey, Personal and Confidential----

Dear Miss Stacey,

Please do not let Samwise and Frodo see this. I am relying on your disgression.

We are going to battle the blue wizards, which may be a thing of much peril. I am quite certain, both from my study of ancient lore and some things which the Lady Idril intimated to me, that Samwise and Frodo are in particular danger in this undertaking. The Blue Wizards would love to have two heads of the Ringbearers to display on their palace gates. Excuse me, Miss Stacey, but I have to speak the truth.....

I believe that the Lady Idril may have something which would be of aid to Sam and Frodo. Is there any way that you could get one of them to pay a visit to her cabin? If not that, if they are too shy, at least have them write to her for aid and advice. Miss Idril has powers just as great as the Elf Galadriel, and I feel in my heart that she could help protect them.

Again, I rely on your secrecy in this endeavor. Your dear hobbit friend, Sharon Goodchilde, aka Child

Child went down and tacked up this note on the outside of Samwise's door.
Old 06-16-2002, 02:12 AM   #289
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

The sea was unnaturally still. The gentle waves rolled up against the side of the ship and broke against it like puffs of thin smoke. Bird and Pio stared over the rail at the place where Rose had entered the water. The surface was innocent of any disruption. The water had swallowed her up and it was as if she had never been.

Pio could see that Bird was considering going in after her again. She laid a hand on her arm to catch her attention. 'Let her go, Bird.,' she said gently. 'She has her own doom to master or be mastered by.'

Bird gripped the handrail tightly and then let go. Her hands fell to her sides, and she rubbed her hands lightly on her thighs breathing deeply. 'What shall we do?'

'I''ve found maps of the region in Mith's quarters,' said Pio, 'though they are vague at best as we head farther south and east. I want to speak with Tuor about how we should proceed; and I want you to tell him of your conversation with Ulmo. Perhaps if we put our heads together we can figure out how to do this "surrender" ploy and make it turn to our advantage. I was considering that if we tempted them with a "hostage" as bait, it might be easier to get them here. My problem is that I really know nothing of their capabilities, or how we might counter them.'

'Should we bring the others into this planning process?' questioned Bird. '& what about Idril, you seem to have left her off your consult list?'

As if stormclouds had suddenly obscured the sun, Pio's grey eyes darkened. 'Yes, the others need be there, too. One of them must be the "hostage", the willing sacrifice, if it should come to that.' '& as for Lady Idril,' she measured out her words in even tones, 'it would be best if another companion consult with her.'

'What's up with that elf?', wondered Bird, watching Pio as she returned to the cat to retrieve her maps. Her glance strayed to the upper balustrade, where Idril stood next to Tuor their fingers entwined. He was smiling gently at his Lady, but her attention was fixed on the small figure retreating across the gangway and seemed sorrowful.
Old 06-16-2002, 04:33 AM   #290
Veritas
Wight

Veritas has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

It seemed that the Hobbits didn't need any protection, so Veritas was a bit bored.
She walked to the upper deck and looked out over the sea and sniffed the sea air. Wonderful.

Her mind was ful of thoughts, she was worried about the end of this adventure. She had been scared with Morgoth, but in a way, it was fun. This was different, it looked like more was in the game. She sighed and wanted to walk away, but when she turned around, she saw in the cormer of her eye someting. With a jump she was by the ceiling again. She saw a bird in the sky, praying above the ship. Then suddenly the bird dived to the ship and landed on the deck. It was a hawk, a small one. Veritas walked towards him and the bird hopped on her arm.

"What are you doing here? On full sea? Aren't you far from home?" She caressed the bird over his head. He looked at her, and their eyes crossed. Then the hawk flew away. Veritas gazed at him for a long while, why couldn't she just fly away, back home...

She felt strange after this adventure, could it be that the bird was from the Blue Wizards, or from the Valar. Maybe Manwë had send him. Veritas felt confused and went to the Hobbit cabins to think for a while.
Old 06-16-2002, 06:26 AM   #291
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The waiting is the hardest part, thought Birdie. Then she sequed into "An American Girl", and shook her head in irritation. She wished she'd brought a radio.

The Storm Attack had played itsself out, and since then everything seemed to have come to a standstill. Was the storm just the Wizard's way of showing us what they were capable of? Had it driven the ships in some direction known only to their enemies? Birdie knew nothing charts and sextants. But since Tuor had found them, he must have some idea just where in Middle Earth they were.

If the storm had only been an opening gambit for the Wizards, it had done real damage to the adventuring party-goers. Mith and Rose were lost. Birdie had the feeling they were not dead, but nothing had been seen or heard from them in hours. How long could a person swim around down there without help...or fins?

Child had been holed up below most of the night, pouring over the Silm and other volumes found on the ship, trying desperately to find something in the histories that would help them. But there was nothing in the Books about the Blue Wizards. Nothing! They had arrived on Middle Earth, and the East had swallowed them for centuries. What could the scholarly Hobbit possibly find about them?

But now they were back, seemingly writing their own history, and it was definitely not Canon.

And what of Pio and Idril? Pio acted like she didn't - well - like Idril. What could possibly drive a wedge between the plucky Elf woman and The Lady of Gondolin, who was so beloved of the Valar that they had allowed her husband the blessings of the Undying Lands and made her son a constellation? Pio should practically be worshipping this Legend of the First Age, but instead she was barely tolerant of her.

"Go not to the Elves for advise..." ran through Birdie's head. It seemed to be a true, but not very helpful old saying. Not at the moment, anyway.

Birdie looked down at the waves, and almost felt her spine tingle where a few hours before a proud grey dorsal fin had sprouted. Up until now the little crebain had been Birdie's favorite form to assume, but now she had developed a sea-longing of her own. She thought about slipping over the side and swimming off into regions unknown. But now was not the time. The only help that form would give them now is if it would allow her to hunt for Mith and Rose, but the sea had swallowed them, and wandering through that vastness below to search would be folly. Perhaps the Mer-Man would grace them with some answers.

Birdie propped her hands in her chin and looked out across the sea at a full moon rising. Birdie started to sing in a soft, absent-minded voice. But oddly, it was not a sea shanty that came to her, but the words of an old Hobbit walking song:

"One morning very early,
In the pleasant month of May
As I walked out to take the air,
All nature being gay;
The moon had not yet veiled her face,
But through the trees did shine
As I wandered forth to take the air
On the banks of Brandywine.
Old 06-16-2002, 08:09 AM   #292
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rose followed the shadow but was going to need breath soon. She was trying to not be seen by whatever it was.

"Are you just trying to drown?" Rose turned to see a green face looking at her. It was a mer-man. Rose tried to talk but all that came out of her mouth were bubbles. "Here. You don't have to hold your breath anymore."

Rose took a small breath and found that he was right. She was able to breath freely. "Thank you. Who are you?" The mer-man smilled then said.

"You oviously won't be persuaided to go back to the ships. So do you want to help Mithadan?

"Of course" Rose replyed.

"He is captured by one of the Blue Wizards. I can help you a little. Now follow me."
Old 06-16-2002, 08:49 AM   #293
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Not sure what else to do, Stacey went back to the cabin to see if any of the Hobbits were awake.

Coming closer to room 7, she thought
she heard Frodo and Sam's voices.
Stacey:Good, they're awake. What's that?

She saw something attatched to the door. Tugging the paper off, she saw it was addressed to her: Miss Stacey, Personal and Confidential----

Stacey:Strange.....

Upon opening it, she read:

Dear Miss Stacey,

Please do not let Samwise and Frodo see this. I am relying on your disgression.

We are going to battle the blue wizards, which may be a thing of much peril. I am quite certain, both from my study of ancient lore and some things which the Lady Idril intimated to me, that Samwise and Frodo are in particular danger in this undertaking. The Blue Wizards would love to have two heads of the Ringbearers to display on their palace gates. Excuse me, Miss Stacey, but I have to speak the truth.....

I believe that the Lady Idril may have something which would be of aid to Sam and Frodo. Is there any way that you could get one of them to pay a visit to her cabin? If not that, if they are too shy, at least have them write to her for aid and advice. Miss Idril has powers just as great as the Elf Galadriel, and I feel in my heart that she could help protect them.

Again, I rely on your secrecy in this endeavor. Your dear hobbit friend, Sharon Goodchilde, aka Child

Stacey: Hm...well, both the little guys sound like they're awake, so here goes...

Slipping the note into her pocket, she opened the door.
Old 06-16-2002, 12:29 PM   #294
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

On the main deck of the elven ship a large table had been hastily set up. The crews and captains of the ships were all gathered on deck, looking at the maps that Pio had laid out. Tuor scrutinized one tattered map closely and drew the crowd's attention to a certain location on it. He circled the area surrounding it with the tip of his knife.

'This is where we are presently.' He pointed to an area fairly south of Umbar. 'And this is where we need to be.' He indicated a route around the cape that lead into the Inner Seas.

'Where would be a good place to launch our operation?', asked Child, who was eyeing the maps with a somewhat proprietary air.

Tuor indicated a place where the elven ship could anchor and the other ships would be hidden behind an outcropping of cliff that edged into the sea.

Bird came closer and looked at the route that Tuor had marked. 'Looks do-able.' she said. 'But what I'm wondering about is this whole "hostage" thing. Who's going to do this?'

Pio looked at Tuor, and then back at Bird.

'It has to be Frodo, Bird.', she said. 'And Sam.'

[ June 17, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 06-16-2002, 02:28 PM   #295
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Sam and Frodo were still talking when Stacey came in. Sam looked up.

Sam: Miss Stacey, good morning! You gave me a bit of a scare, there.

Stacey smiled apologetically.
Stacey:Sorry.

Primrose woke up then.
Prim: What's going on? Papa?

Sam: I'm right here, Tiny Rose.
He looked at Stacey again.
Sam: You looked as if you were thinkin' about somethin', Miss Stacey.

Stacey thought some more.
Stacey: Eh...Sam, you and Frodo know the Elf Lady, don't you?

Sam nodded, feeling embarrassed again at having forgotten.

Primrose piped up then.
Prim: Oh, Papa, could you take me to meet her? It would be like meeting Galadriel almost. Please?

Stacey blinked.

Sam: Why sure, Tiny Rose, I don't see why not. Mister Frodo, would you come with us?

Stacey blinked again. How simple had that been?
Stacey: Eh...good idea. I'll go with you another time--no offense to the Lady, but she makes me a tad uncomfortable.

Sam: [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Why so?

Stacey: Well, unless I've counted wrong, I'm the only human on this ship--at least without some kinda magical powers-- and she's not only an Elf, she's...er, royalty. I mean, I feel out of place, but she really makes me feel out of place.

Sam: Well, all right. What do you say, Mister Frodo? After we freshen up shall we go?
Old 06-16-2002, 03:09 PM   #296
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Rose and the merman were following the shadow underwater. It seemed to be tracking the the ships.

Rose was lagging. "Hurry up" the merman called back to her.

"It's my dress. It's not exactly easy to swim with it." She finnaly got fed up with this and decided to pull off her under skirts leaving only the top one. She was now able to swim better.

And perhaps her friends would not mistaken the white as sea foam. It might be a sign to them that she was still alive.
Old 06-16-2002, 03:15 PM   #297
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

"Of course I will come. First I should dress up a little I suppose"
Old 06-16-2002, 03:38 PM   #298
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Sam: Wonderful.

Prim: YAY!

The two scurried off to get ready, and Stacey breathed a sigh of relief.
Old 06-16-2002, 04:33 PM   #299
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Tuor and Idril sat on the bunk in the cabin, their arms entwined about each other's waist. They bent close and whispered in each other's ear

"Idril, Idril, it must be the two of them. There is no choice. They will come to speak with you. They are the Ringbearers, humblest and yet highest of all. You must tell them the Shadow will return to all of Middle-earth unless they will take up this burden."

"But, Tuor," and she was weeping, "So much has been asked of them. Why can it not be someone else. If it must be a hobbit, there are others on board with the blood of the kudak"

"No, Idril, for none have their heart and their soul. So it was decreed in the Halls of Manwe so many years ago, and even higher than those halls, but we may not speak of that. The other kuduk must help them. The strange one named Rose swimming in the Sea, and the silver-haired scholar who thinks deeper than she seems on the outside. But Frodo and Sam alone can be the bait, they who once dwealt in the Uttermost West."

Idril bowed her head and wept, "Yes, I will do it."
Old 06-16-2002, 04:37 PM   #300
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Rosseiliantiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Rosseil watched as Pio waved, then dissappeared into the water.
"Oh dear, I think Pio's gone after Mithadan. Really, the way everybody's going into the water, you'd think it was the place to be!" excalimed Celeae exasperatedly.
"Really, you were given ears, but you never use them! LISTEN and you would know what was going on!" said Rosseil, even more exasperatedly.
"Oh. Sorry."
"Oh, really!"
Old 06-16-2002, 06:27 PM   #301
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

ooc : Don't you know? The water IS the place to be. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Of couse if you've been in it as long as I have you're forced to like it.::

The merman was bringing them closer to the shadow. But what would they do? Rose didn't even know what it was. Her last words to Child as she lept off the boat had been "I'm gonna help Mith." If she went back as a failure then she would never be trusted for large tasks again. Or worse, if she didn't return at all...........but she wouldn't think of that.

Somwhere just into her feild of view she saw somone swiming toward her. "Pio!" Rose cried out. Her shout signaled the ominous shadow and it started towards her.

Oh no. She tried to swim away. But unfortunatly doggy paddles don't get you very far very fast.

[ June 16, 2002: Message edited by: Rose Cotton ]
Old 06-16-2002, 07:31 PM   #302
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Sting

(O.C.C. - OK, everybody back the boat up! Pio is not - repeat - not in the water. She was last seen on the deck consulting with Tuor and Idril about the fake surrender and hostage-taking of Frodo and Samwise. Rose is in the water. And Mith is in the belly of a whale, or submarine, or something, with the Blue Wizards.)

--------------------------------

After the council had broken up, and Tuor and Idril had gone below to speak to the Hobbits, Birdie wander off to the rails and went over the plan in her head again and again.

It was desperate and fool-hardy, and she was still amazed that the Numenorian had ever agreed to it. And yet what other possible solution could there be? It had taken stealth to defeat the Dark Lord. It would take the same to defeat this latest enemy.

Birdie looked around at the sailors preparing the small flotilla for departure to the Inner Seas. It suddenly occurred to her that most of the new crews were strangers to her, and a sickening thought poppped into her head. The Blue Wizards had tricked them all before by assuming the forms of Cirdan and Legolas. They could be on this boat again this very minute! From the oldest mariner to the rosy-cheeked cabin boy, everyone here was under suspicion. Birdie supposed it was even possible that her dearest companions could be someone other than they seemed. When Pio had climbed out of the sea onto the Catamaran, had it been Pio? Was Rose, (whereever she was) still Rose? Was Child, Child?

Bird stamped her foot in irritation, trying to drive such thoughts from her head. Such thinking could lead to madness! She could only comfort herself with the thought that Idril and Tuor had the wisdom and far-sightedness to see through such trickery.

Birdie looked down in the water, and caught a flash of white floating on the surface. It was not sea-foam, and she looked closer, following the white, waving patch on the waves.

Suddenly she gasped, and grabbing a gaff-hook, lowered it over the side and snagged the object before it passed away to the stern. She pulled a sodden mass up to the rail, and flipped it onto the deck.

The wail floated over the waves, and down to the cabins, shocking the other passengers out onto the deck. They stood agast as they saw the skin-changer hunched over a white, soggy bundle, gripping it in her hands and sobbing.

Birdie held up a piece of white, ruffled fabric, dripping with sea-water. "Rose's petticoats! Rose's petticoats! A shark must have gotten her! She's dead!"

[ June 16, 2002: Message edited by: Birdland ]
Old 06-16-2002, 08:56 PM   #303
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Sam came out of the washroom in his waistcoat and vest.
Sam: Do I look all right, Miss Stacey?

Stacey: Absolutely, Sam.

Primrose came out then, in her knee britches and blouse, (as she had shed her skirt long ago) but her long curls were brushed.
Prim: Can we go now, Papa?

Sam grinned.
Sam: Not yet, Tiny Rose. We need to wait for Mister Frodo.

Suddenly, though she wasn't sure why, Stacey got a sick feeling in her stomach.
Stacey: Lord, whatever happens, please protect these little guys....
Old 06-16-2002, 10:46 PM   #304
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

"Hmmmm......" came the sound from the other room "Sam, have you seen my mithril circlet? Oh! Wait, here it is." Frodo came out dressed in what he had worn for rhe first day of the party. He adjuster the dwarf-necklace and looked in the mirror. Frodo tossed his head to get the hair out of his eyes and set the circlet on his head.

"All right, I'm ready"...
Old 06-17-2002, 12:38 AM   #305
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

The discussions had lasted long into the night. There was little time for sleep. Just before dawn, the ships would be moving into position.

Idril would be at the helm of the elven ship with the companions on it. It would be her who would contact the Ithryn Luin and arrange for the 'surrender of the hostages'.

Pio had gone back to get the catamaran in order, taking Veritas with her. They had both said their good-byes to the companions remaining on the elven ship. Each hoped it would not be their last.

Once aboard, Pio gave orders for the helmsman to steer a course for the quadrant Tuor had marked. She knew Tuor had said he would be the lead ship in, but Pio wanted to be in that position in the event that her friends needed her aid quickly. She and the helmsman plotted their route by the stars, and set sail. 'Hold her steady,' she said as she turned to go to Mith's cabin, 'but call me at the first sign of any problem.

Veritas followed her into the cabin, and closed the door securely. 'Why did you want me to come over here?' she asked. 'I wanted to stay with everyone else.'

Pio sat her down on the bed and handed her a slim, silver case, and an innocent looking silver box.

'What's this?' said Veritas, turning them over in her hands and inspecting them.

'"This"', said Pio 'is Mith's PC and the REG. That is, the latest version of the REG... with some modifications, courtesy of the Dwarves of Erebor. It operates in two modes: true random events with double-encrypted password protection; and instruction guided under which it accepts instructions from only designated persons, in this case Wight and Mithadan.'

'And you want me to what . . .?', said Veritas, 'perform a freaking miracle?!'

'Yes, if that's what it takes! Do your wizard thing and work some of your computer magic. I need those two up and running by the time we get in position.'

No further words were needed. Veritas had opened the screen to the PC, and her fingers flew in a DOS incantation. Images and binary sequences flew across the screen. Her eyes were on fire with the excitement of the chase.

Pio left the cabin to go check on some last minute preparations she had set in motion with her crew. She closed the door on Veritas, smiling as she recognized the final phrase of her opening spell - Te gek!

[ June 17, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 06-17-2002, 04:48 AM   #306
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

ooc: Thanks for clearing that up Birdie. So Pio stays on the ship and I make some loud noise and get the attention of the.....whatever it is.::

Rose didn't have a chance. She called for the aid of the merman but he was nowhere in sight. She wondered if he had gone for help. Then she followed Mithadan into the jaws of the shadow.
Old 06-17-2002, 07:35 AM   #307
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Idril sat on her cabin bunk. She could hear Samwise and Frodo coming down the hall, approaching the door. The Lady said a short invocation to the Vala Ulmo to whom her family felt a special tie and who guarded over those who went upon or under the waters.

Idril was shaking. She was no Gandalf, only a mere Elf. Was she right to ask these two to put themselves in jeopardy once again?

Suddenly, from nowhere, an answer came creeping into her head. "You do the bidding of the high ones. The great Shadow can not be defeated without the consent and the sacrifice of these, the smallest and simplest of Eru's children. You are right to ask, and they have the freedom to say yea or nay."

"But know this Idril, without their taking up this burden, there will be no victory, and the Light will be swallowed up."

Child was in the corner of the room tending to the personal needs of Lady Idril as she did every morning. She truly could not tell what was happening, but she knew that some high thing was passing over their heads and perhaps into their hearts. She had read and studied so many stories, but she knew this was different. For this was real. It involved her and her dear friends. She breathed a silent request to the great lady Varda, and begged her to keep Samwise and Frodo safe.

Then, suddenly, a knock, and the room door slowly opened.

[ June 17, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 06-17-2002, 08:40 AM   #308
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Mithadan swam in dark dreams of terror. Voices spoke in the midst of images of evil, cajoling him, making promises, and seeking to compel him to accept a role in great deeds. His dreams roamed through visions of fire and smoke into which were woven images of him assuming a mantle of great power allowing him to order the world as he saw fit. "You will be our greatest servant, and to you will be bestowed the greatest gifts and power; none may withstand your hand or your sword..."

The sword... Among the images of evil and chaos came another vision, clearer than the others. A man stood on bright shores under a blue sky. His foot rested on a gangway to a fine ship and he wept openly. Many fair people stood before him. He somehow recognized many of these persons... there were Elrond, and Galadriel with Celeborn, and Pengoldh and an old man dressed in white robes. From the waters next to the ship rose another figure dressed in silver mail like the scales of fish and a cloak of mixed colors of white, grey, green and blue. A mist was wrapped about him through which the sun shone creating rainbows on all assembled. And though Mithadan could not hear the words, he knew the watery figure was giving his blessings to the man and his house. Resting a hand on the man's head, the figure held out the other in which was grasped the hilts of a sword on which many runes were written. In its pommel was set a single great pearl. The man placed a hand on the pearl and raised the other to the West. His mouth moved and he bowed his head as if he made some pledge to the Lord of the Waters and the West. With a smile, the figure set the hilts in the hands of the man and the pearl glowed bright as the Lord of the Waters sank again into the sea...

The vision disappeared and was replaced with the dark dreams and voices. Within Mithadan's head the pressure grew greater. He shifted restlessly and his hand slipped to his side and touched something cold and round. He made his decision...

He woke in a strange vessel. Above him stood a man clad all in blue. Mithadan's hand rested on the pommel of the ancient sword. He rose with a face both grim and fierce. The figure beside him said "Arise Lord Mithadan. Great deeds lie ahead and it is now time to earn your rewards. See! We have a guest for you to welcome."

Mithadan turned and saw a small, bedraggled figure huddled on the floor. He nudged it with the toe of his boot and, with a toothy smile said, "Hello Rose. Welcome to the beginning of a new age."
Old 06-17-2002, 10:32 AM   #309
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Frodo took a deep breath and knocked on the door. He heard what sounded like Child's voice bid them enter. Frodo entered with Sam, the others were behind.
Frodo took a deep breath and bowed low to the lady
"Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo" he said and spoke a few more things in Elvish. Then in the common language he said
"Forgive me, Lady, for my Elvish is not good."
Old 06-17-2002, 11:57 AM   #310
Veritas
Wight

Veritas has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

ooc: Pio, Te Gek, are you dutch speaking? ::

Veritas' fingers were flying over the keyboard, and her eyes couldly hardly catch up with the tempo of her fingers. After she set up a program which could translate the REG language to the common language, she made a link to the REG. With a flash a lot of signs were surfing over the screen. She waited a few minutes until the transmittor had translated everything.

"What is this?" A lot of signs were standing on the screen, but it didn't make any sence...

"Damn you!" Veritas hissed. She walked to the other edge of the cabin and looked again to the laptop "Stupid thi.. Hey, what's that?" From a little bit away she could see a pattern in the signs: It was a map. And she had seen it before. It was the sea they were sailing on.

She walked to the laptop and reprogrammed something... there, she changed the signs into a real map, and she could see some things moving, the two ships, and something else, another ship was sailing towards them!

"By the power of the Valar, what is happening here?" And Veritas walked out of the cabin, looking for Pio.
Old 06-17-2002, 01:54 PM   #311
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Rose found herself wet and salty lying on the floor of a dim chamber. There were two others in the room. A man in blue. One of the Blue Wizards? and.."Mith" He was lying on the floor near her.

"Silence" The wizard commanded. He looked at Rose and his gaze froze her heart.

Mithadan stired and got up."Arise Lord Mithadan. Great deeds lie ahead and it is now time to earn your rewards. See! We have a guest for you to welcome." the man said to him. Mith looked at Rose with a grin that was worse then the Blue Wizard's stare.

"Hello Rose. Welcome to the beginning of a new age." She was terrified and couldn't get up from the floor.

"Mithadan" she whispered.
Old 06-17-2002, 03:05 PM   #312
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

The Lady Idril nodded and accepted with grace the greetings of Frodo and Samwise. Then she turned with equal charm to the little Primrose, and spoke with her at length and in grave courtesy. She presented Primrose with fine Elven toys and showed her into a small room nearby, so that serious matters might be addressed.

Now, Idril looked directly into Frodo's eyes, and even past them, gently touching his fea with her mind. She smiled again, and then extended her arm, placing her hand within his.

"Whatever sadness has brought us together on these shoals, I do not regret our chance to meet after so many long, silent years. For time passes but slowly within the mountains of Aman, and your presence, Ringbearers, is sadly missed. And I speak for many who cherish you and the memory of our time shared on those silver shores."

"We pray that you have found peace and hope in the strange path you have taken which wound you back once again to the lands of Middle-earth, and even to the Barrow-downs. But perhaps, not so strange. For only one who dwells within Arda may face the lengthening Shadow that grows within the heart and dare to challenge it."

"Tuor and I have received the blessing of the great ones to lead this flotilla against the combined strength of the wizards in blue, maia with evil hearts who would rise again in the path of Sauron and corrupt this age and those that follow. For there will and must be a great battle to throw down the ships and armies of the enemy.

But ships and swords and hearts brave are but one path to defeat the powers of evil. Other secrets there are that must be looked upon face-to-face, secrets that go beyond the realm of fighting and extend into the fea itself. And these can only be met by those who dwell within Arda, for they are secrets whose first hint lay in the great Music."

Idril sighed deeply, "Just this day, I have seen a deeply troubling vision. I know that, in recent years, the people of the Downs dwelt in peace under the leadership of the Barrow-wight, a great and wondrous change from the conduct of those lands in ages past. For surely, you remember how evil once lay there."

"The vision I have seen is of one mariner from the Barrow-downs, a descendent of Earendil who goes by the name of Mithadan, not evil in himself, but drawn to the Shadow by a strange power that the two wizards have learned to control. Also in the Dark Lands of the Shadows, I have seen the little hobbit Rose, but she still holds out against the Dark. Now if this Mith remains set on his path of darkness, the Barrow-downs will fall and all around it, till the foundation of the world itself crack."

She continued, "For a thing, both hideous and strange, now seems to be happening. In the past, however hard the forces of evil have tried, they could not compel minds who had shut against them. But now, it seems, this may be changing. They are learning to pry open the minds of Man and Elf, even the unwilling, to place their control upon the fea."

Samwise looked up with fear in his voice: "But, how may this be so? For even as Ringbearers we were able to fight long and hard against the hand of evil which tried to reach within our mind."

Idril looked down again and silently shook her head, "We are not cetain, but this may be a part of the nature of the Seventh Age itself. For people in that modern time no longer sense the reality of evil, and laugh at such things as child's play. And many of their number say with certainty that goodness is one thing in one age, and something quite different in another. And a man may never know right from wrong, but can only judge from his situation. Indeed, some say the soul is made up of a bit of the Light and a piece of the Dark, and that these should dwell together."

"But, in so doing and thinking in just the small things of their daily lives, they may begin to forget how to recognize and fight the Shadow. And all their computers and their REGS, in which they take great pride, give them no protection from the subtle human heart."

She turned now and held out the Phial of Galdriel to Frodo, that precious splinter of the Silmarils which had remained in Aman these many years after the final voyage West. "You will need this," she said.

"For you two, bearers of truth from a different time, a world that understood fear of the Shadow, must look into the face of the two wizards who have so taken on the allure of the Seventh Age. You must speak true words to them and show them the light of the Phial. For their power is not yet as great as that of Sauron, and they may still be halted. And it is possible that we may use a ploy which Tuor and Birdie and Pio have devised. You will be given as hostage bait, perhaps to retrieve the unfortunate Rose."

"For we do think that the little ones --such as yourself and Child and Rose-- are not so quick to fall under this lie. For, as simple children, you see good as good, and evil as evil. Indeed we have hopes that Rose may be able to resist the wizards as the mighty Mith was not."

"What say you now, Ringbearers? Will you help us, though the path be hard and uncertain? For, in truth, athough you have died once, there is a death which goes beyond all death, that which leads to the void. And, in truth, I can not promise that you will return."

"I wish there had been another way, but there is no other. Only a kuduk may approach this pair and hope to keep their fea. And, because you are the Ringbearers, they will see you as great prize and perhaps become too greedy and careless."

Old 06-17-2002, 03:37 PM   #313
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Frodo stared at the light of the phial, The light of Earendil, bearer of the last Silmaril. Frodo realized that he held the light of a Silmaril, the light of the trees of Valinor, in his hand. A small tear slid quietly down his face. He nodded slowly and silenty as he stared. Then he turned to Sam and said

"Sam? Are you ready for another adventure?"
Old 06-17-2002, 03:45 PM   #314
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Child sat silently at Idril's feet with a page and a quill upon her lap. For she was doing as Idril had instructed her: to take down the words of the Lady, and the response of the Ringbearers in turn. And her hand flew across the page, for she scarcely dared to think of the actual meaning behind the words.

Idril turned away from Frodo and Samwise to give them time to speak with each other.

Now, Idril turned to Child. "I also have need of your services, little scholar and friend of Rose. For someone must be sent with the Ringbearers. The blue wizards will think you come to escort Rose home. For they see no value in either you or she, as you are small and have no great name or power in the world. And this is especially true, since you are women, and they have little understanding of such things."

"But you do have a certain power which goes far beyond them. For both you and Rose are to witness what happens inside those armored walls. And you are to remember it and never forget. And when you get home, and my vision shows you may well get home, you will write down the meaning in a tale. In this way, all who read it may ponder its meaning, and understand that the tale did not stop with the Third Age, but still goes on, even today."

Your presence should also please your friend Rose who, I fear, will go through grievous times. Try to help the Ringbearers, but only if they ask it. And remember that you are quite small in a very big story, but there are many others who are small like you, but who have good hearts. You are there to learn and grow and write down the magic for them to share. For all the bravery in the world does little good if others do not see and share it."

Child sat stunned and then responded, "Yes, I will do as you say."
Old 06-17-2002, 04:49 PM   #315
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Meneli, not being a leader, is looking around to see what to do with her children and their armies.

"What wouldst thou have me do with these?" she asks everyone in general.
Old 06-17-2002, 06:02 PM   #316
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Sting

Birdie wiped her nose on her sleeve (she was glad The Lady Idril was not around to see that!) and tried to concentrate on what she was doing.

She had been relieved when Idril had assured her that Rose had not died in the sea. But then even more upset to hear that the little halfling ("silly twit" as Birdie thought of her now) was also in the hands of the Blue Wizards.

And Mith! What were they to do about Mith? Birdie had fought against the specter of Maeglin with little compunction. But Mith was family! OK, a sometimes overbearing, snobbish member of the family, but family none the less. Could she really draw a weapon against him?

Everyone on board was waiting to hear the results of the Lady and Child's meeting with the Ringbearers. Birdie had no doubt that they would accept the roles of pawns in order to lure the Blue Wizards into the "trap". She just doubted more and more that the trap could possibly work. "Cockamamie!" her ol' Beorning foster-mum would have called the whole thing.

"Cockamamie," Birdie whispered to herself. She was beginning to wish she had never repeated to the others what the Mer-Man had told her.

Birdie tightened a endless series of rigging for the twentieth time, and vowed she would never go to sea again on a vessel that was not fully manned. The work was tedious and exacting, and her hands were blistered. Bird was learning more and more about how to keep a vessel under full sail - and hating every minute of it.

"What wouldst thou have me do with these?"
Meneli halloed from her ship.

"Play them a hornpipe!" Birdie muttered under her breath. Then with a sigh, she turned to Meneli and her kin and halloed back. "Prepare to set sail! We go to the Inner Seas!"
Old 06-17-2002, 06:45 PM   #317
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Sam's jaw dropped. He shook his head until every curl on his head bounced.

Sam: NO! Why does it have to be both of us! I can't see Mister Frodo hurt again, my Lady, I just can't abide it!
Old 06-17-2002, 07:08 PM   #318
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

"You look frightened." laughed Mithadan."You need not be afraid. Can't you see what could be before us. If we were to join with the powers of these wizards we would surly fufill our wildest dreams."

(Mith: If this is not what you would actually have said I am terribly sorry)

Rose sat horrified by these words. Did he mean what he was saying? Or was he controled as she had been by the REG. She couldn't tell. "Mithadan, you don't mean that." She spoke as if she wanted her words to be heard by only Mith but she knew that the man in blue could hear every word. "How can you trust in this evil? I almost helped the destuction of the world once. I will not do it again."
Old 06-17-2002, 07:10 PM   #319
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Frodo looked at Sam, and smiled. Frodo than turned away, for he was what he called "suspended between laughing and weeping" and he was. Crying and laughing at the same time. He then turned and embraced Sam with a huge squeeze and said.

"Oh Sam! You are too much! But we must not abandon out friends now must we?? I mean poor Rosie! And Mith!".....
Old 06-17-2002, 07:14 PM   #320
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Sam stamped his foot like an angry child.
Sam: It's not that, Mister Frodo! Why does it always have to be you! *Turning to the Elven Lady* Please, Ma'am, why does Mister Frodo have to go! Wouldn't one of us be enough!?
He was ready to burst into tears.