Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2006, 11:02 AM   #201
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I was starting to think the same thing, Fol.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:08 PM   #202
Noinkling
Wight

Noinkling has just left Hobbiton.
Fine with me if time moves on
Old 09-24-2006, 12:18 PM   #203
Lilly
Haunting Spirit

Lilly has just left Hobbiton.
That will be ok with me - my little family will be leaving anyway that coming day.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:39 PM   #204
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I'll put up a closing post for Rhys and Tanni for this 'evening' at the Inn.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:20 PM   #205
Tam Lin
Pile O'Bones

Tam Lin has just left Hobbiton.
Done, too.

Noinkling, we can just handle any 'conversations and impressions in retrospect the following day if need be.

Last edited by Tam Lin; 09-24-2006 at 01:25 PM.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:28 PM   #206
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Undómë has just left Hobbiton.
Question

So, is the Inn going forward just a day or will it be more?

Rowan, can of course, move on to any time.
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 09-24-2006, 01:32 PM   #207
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I have nothing planned, so we can just go to the next day so that people who have characters staying just one night will have more time to write, if they so wish.

I still need to hear from Boromir and Farael. Is it alright with you two if we go to the next day?

-- Folwren
Old 09-24-2006, 04:13 PM   #208
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Well, the ball is on Boromir's field... I'm fine if he decides to call it a night.

Boro feel free to say that both headed out to their rooms after your answer
Old 09-24-2006, 04:48 PM   #209
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Folwren, I'm fine with moving on to the next day.

Thank you Farael, I'll get a post up where Robby and Edric go up before the end of today.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:13 PM   #210
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Alright, excellent. Thanks, everybody, for getting back so quickly. I think I'll move time forward tomorrow, then. But if anyone who hasn't said anything here yet has an objection to that, please say so, and I can wait on it.

-- Folwren
Old 09-24-2006, 11:42 PM   #211
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
I've done a brief wrap-up post for Tollers and am looking forward to a new day.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:52 PM   #212
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Oh my goodness! I totally forgot! I'm so sorry. I'll try very hard to get a post up this evening still. I'm so sorry. Oh golly. My cheeks just got very hot.

I'll have a moving time forward post sometime this evening if all goes my way.

-- Folwren
Old 09-27-2006, 12:57 PM   #213
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Volo, your post belonged with the previous evening, so I've moved my post and the next day is begun.

It's morning now, everyone.

Weather is fair. A nice wind and large, fleecy white clouds blowing over head.

-- Folwren
Old 09-27-2006, 01:02 PM   #214
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Um yea, sorry (again, I really tend to mess around a lot), just thought that this could have been posted there... Well, now I'll know how this works better.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:06 PM   #215
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Folwren,

Could you check your pm's. Thanks.

Tevildo
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.
Old 09-29-2006, 02:03 AM   #216
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

I said there was a hole in the part of the High Hay located not too far from Stock. I hope this is alright. I have an atlas that shows the hedge extending up that far north.
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:58 AM   #217
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Oh, lovely, gents! Quite a wonderful plot twist here, Forest elf. I haven't had a chance to read everyone's posts since the wolves attacked, but it's looking good! Don't die anyone, please.

-- Folwren
Old 09-29-2006, 09:20 AM   #218
Volo

I made Colren (who is Naren to you btw) be the hero, fe:s post just asked Colren to come and it wen't well with his "history" you don't know yet.
Old 10-01-2006, 07:25 AM   #219
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Please may I introduce to the good folk of the Golden Perch Inn:

Lily Bunce
Hobbit
Age 28
Itinerant farm labourer

Lily was born in Hardbottle, of unremarkable yeoman stock. As a child, she was befriended by the considerably more aristocratic offspring of the North-Took clan who lived nearby. A pretty, good-natured little thing, she was petted and made much of at Took Hall – in fact, as her mother said worriedly, her head was thoroughly turned by the stories of adventure she heard there. Young Lily became discontent, finding her family and village life humdrum and unexciting. Full of dreams of a glamorous future, she left home at an early age. Alas, poor Lily never found any fame or fortune in the Shire; instead, she has scraped a living going from place to place looking for seasonal farm jobs. Her bonny youthful bloom vanished during years of hard work in the open air – she is sturdy, sunburnt and weather-beaten. Still, despite everything, Lily retains an endearing quality of cheerful optimism. She also retains one dream - that some kind lady or gentleman, in one of her places of work, might find the time to teach her her letters.

Lily will shortly be making her appearance at the Golden Perch. Unfortunately I am finding the Downs slow as molasses in January today, I'm not even sure if I'll manage to get this post up. I'll get something on the main thread as soon as technical problems allow.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:29 PM   #220
bill_n_sam
Animated Skeleton

bill_n_sam has just left Hobbiton.
Hello to all! I hope my first post was OK.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:31 PM   #221
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Kath..are you able to post or do you want me to get the Cirs started on the day?

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Old 10-03-2006, 02:35 PM   #222
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

bill_n_sam

That was a nice post.

However -

Please put up a Character bio for your character on this thread. You really needed to have done that before you posted to the Inn.

Please do one now, and post it before you do any more writing on the Inn thread.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the form:

Character Description Form for the Inn

Each player in the Golden Perch will need to submit a brief Character Description form to the Inn’s Discussion Thread. It can be submitted at the same time as you make your first post to the Inn Thread.

Posts for characters who do not have a Character Description put on the Golden Perch Discussion Thread will be sent back to their writers. You may of course repost once your character’s description is on board.

Please use the following form.

~*~

NAME:

RACE: (Only those character types listed by the Innkeeper will be acceptable: Hobbits, Men, Elves, or Dwarves. NO Orcs; Easterlings, Southrons, and any other men of an evil race; Animals - as main characters; or Any other creature or persons not mentioned in 'Types of characters allowed')

WEAPONS: (No magical, super-hero, mithril weapons. Just good solid Middle-earth weapons and armor only that is appropriate to the race of the character and the time period. Hobbits, for example, do not have swords or armor)

APPEARANCE:

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: (No half-Elven characters. No mixed-type characters. No super-heroes. No assassins. No one all powerful, martial arts proficient, or having any magical traits. Just regular characters with normal abilities for their races only)

HISTORY: (Can be as brief as you wish)

~*~ piosenniel, Shire moderator
Old 10-03-2006, 02:37 PM   #223
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I am able Mith but if you would like to be the annoying little brother please go ahead.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:39 PM   #224
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
I am able Mith but if you would like to be the annoying little brother please go ahead.

Well I probably won't be around until Thursday now..... so I leave it up to you if you want to post before then.- I can be annoying anytime -which Cir will be the grouch I wonder?

Old 10-03-2006, 02:45 PM   #225
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Ok Mith, I'll get a post up now.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:16 AM   #226
Volo

Hmm... You should read the posts more carefully. There were four wolves that attacked the village and only three that were killed/chased out. I didn't mention the fourth, it seems that it's still in the stable. :/
Old 10-04-2006, 08:40 AM   #227
bill_n_sam
Animated Skeleton

Piosenniel - I'll get a bio up as soon as I'm able, probably not before Friday. Sorry, I didn't realize I should have put one up.
And I changed my IC post to take out any reference to the number of wolves involved.

Last edited by bill_n_sam; 10-04-2006 at 08:49 AM.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:45 AM   #228
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Was that directed at me Volo? If so, note that I wrote 'thinking the danger past'. Cir doesn't know what happened so she assumes it has been dealt with.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:49 AM   #229
Volo

No Kath, it's rather to Farael, but also everybody else, just that there is a wolf in the stable still by my understanding, unles we want to just leave the whole episode at that...
Old 10-04-2006, 09:53 AM   #230
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Ah ok, well I'm sure Mith's Cir can have fun dealing with that.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:55 AM   #231
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I'm so far behind on my RPG writnig it isn't funny. I'll try to get a post up on the Perch today.

Welcome, bill_n_sam. I really liked your first post and am looking forward to seeing your Character Description.

-- Folwren
Old 10-04-2006, 01:01 PM   #232
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
No Kath, it's rather to Farael, but also everybody else, just that there is a wolf in the stable still by my understanding, unles we want to just leave the whole episode at that...
Well, my bad Volo but the scene looked rather dealt with, although I did not keep the tally of the wolves killed/driven out. I'll be more careful next time around, but perhaps you'd consider editting your post to make the fourth one go away? or perhaps he's hidden in the barn, looking for another opportunity to pounce on his pray.... that's up to you all guys to deal with as you wish, Robby will want nothing to do with the action, other than writing about it after it's all done (and safe).
Old 10-04-2006, 01:05 PM   #233
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I think it's fine, what's been written. I've gone on. The general populace think everything's been taken care of, and if there's one wolf still lurking about, that's fine. He can come into the light later. I thought Cir was going to take him down or something. . .

-- Folwren
Old 10-05-2006, 10:11 PM   #234
Strider
Newly Deceased

Strider has just left Hobbiton.
Forgive me for the change in subject, but might I interject with a few questions? I've been absent from the BD for too long and from the roleplay for even longer. I posted once or twice in The Green Dragon, but my contributions never amounted to much. What ever happened to The Green Dragon, and is this its novel equivalent?

xStrider

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT

Strider - please check your PM's

~*~ piosenniel, Shire moderator

Last edited by piosenniel; 10-06-2006 at 01:44 AM.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:20 AM   #235
bill_n_sam
Animated Skeleton

BIO for Rusty Smallburrow

Here is the BIO for Rusty Smallburrow:

name: Rufus "Rusty" Smallburrow

race: hobbit

weapons: utility knife, like a hunting knife, and a stout walking stick/staff, a bow when needed

appearance: typical middle age hobbit male, about 3 1/2 feet tall, a bit of a belly, dark brown curly hair, brown eyes, wears knee length breeches, shirt, vest, jacket, no shoes, pointy ears, neither handsome nor ugly (as hobbits go)

personality: generally good natured but can be a bit officious and self important when it comes to his role as shiriff. likes to wander around the area and gossip, flirt with the female hobbit servers at the various inns, likes nothing better than to spend an evening chatting, drinking good beer and singing. Is suspicious of strangers somewhat, at least those not of the hobbit variety

history: born and raised on a farm near Stock. Applied to become a shiriif seven or eight years ago. Single, no children, lives by himself at the local holding place (ie hobbit jail) which, as it never gets used as such, he lives in the one "cell" which he has decorated and made very cosy for himself. He hopes he will never have to detain anyone for then he'd have no place to sleep.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:36 PM   #236
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

Thanks, bill_n_sam! I've put the link to your character bio on this thread's first page.

~*~ Pio
Old 10-06-2006, 01:44 PM   #237
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Ah ok, well I'm sure Mith's Cir can have fun dealing with that.
Hmmm well I am not sure he has the nous to track a wolf alone and I doubt that he would have the heart to kill one in cold blood ... are all wolves in Middle Earth inherently evil?

Old 10-06-2006, 04:47 PM   #238
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
Hmmm well I am not sure he has the nous to track a wolf alone and I doubt that he would have the heart to kill one in cold blood ... are all wolves in Middle Earth inherently evil?
You'll have to decide all those questions, dear. If you want a tame wolf, have one. It's not very likely. Of course, he doesn't have to be inherently evil. I imagine. Just somewhat.

You can do what you like. If you don't want to go hunting down a remaining wolf, I think everyone's posts are general enough, we can say they all were driven off. Can't we?

-- Folwren
Old 10-07-2006, 01:46 AM   #239
Tiffany Aching

Hello! I’d like to introduce you to my gentle-lady Hobbit:

NAME: Miribelle Rushybanks

RACE: Hobbit, mostly of the Fallohide strain

WEAPONS: She carries a rather large carpetbag she made herself - one with a variety of necessary objects, large and small, tucked tightly within. ‘One never knows when a mathom might be needed!’ is her thought It could hardly be called a weapon, but were she to swing at someone and her bag connect soundly, the poor ‘someone’ might feel as if they had the stuffing quite thoroughly knocked out of them.

APPEARANCE: Tall and slender, carries herself with a certain authority. Fair skin, pale blue eyes, graying honey blond curls held back from her face with a dark blue and green striped gross-grain ribbon. Favors dark green skirts with a navy vest and crisp white blouse beneath.

PERSONALITY: Reserved; appreciates good manners and all those sorts of things that make easy a social interaction. Respectful of others; she expects the best of others and for the most part is not let down. Has a good sense of humor, loves a good joke or even the good-natured prank. She’s a gentle-lady Hobbit with sure sense of herself, of her expectations, her strengths, and of course her short comings.

HISTORY: She is a spinster, both by the fact she has never married and because her life long occupation has been centered about the spinning of wool and the weaving of fabrics. Her fabrics are much prized by the local community of Stock.

She ran a Dame School for many years for the neighboring children. But these later years she has devoted herself fully to her spinning and weaving and has opened a small fabric shop in the village where she offers for sale or barter both her fabrics and those of other weavers in the community.

Old 10-12-2006, 08:23 PM   #240
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Welcome aboard, Tiffany. Glad to see you here.

I willl not be around much until Monday evening, everybody. I'm sorry I haven't posted (Dick wasn't directly called for any answers, I don't think), but I will plan to get a post up come Monday. Until then (and after then, too), have fun!

-- Folwren