The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-23-2003, 11:37 PM   #41
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Physics Professor Butterbur strikes again. Yes, the third cousin of Barliman the Innkeeper, 84(not 78) times removed. He was teaching us anew about Kinematics, when he started teaching about deriviation and integration. Hey, Mr, this is Physics, not Calculus! I ended up saying, "You don't say..."

Later days! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
->Elenrod
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 03:13 PM   #42
Lady Snickerdoodle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Lady Snickerdoodle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I don't get it... what's Kinematics? And how would Butterbur know it? Anyway, I feel very sad because yesterday I asked my friends a completely hypothetical question. What would I look like with plastic surgery elf ears? They couldn't stop laughing for 9 minutes. I timed it. It is my fate to be misunderstood... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2003, 05:56 PM   #43
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Gandalf once stopped for me at a zebra crossing. I think he thought me strange the way I stared as I crossed the road. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2003, 05:59 PM   #44
Lady Snickerdoodle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

hahaha!
Old 11-24-2003, 08:13 PM   #45
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
I don't get it... what's Kinematics?
Kinematics have something to do with force and motion.

Quote:
And how would Butterbur know it?
I don't know...but he's not the Barliman Butterbur...just some random descendant.

->Elenrod
Old 11-25-2003, 02:31 PM   #46
Lady Snickerdoodle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

I feel enlightened. yay. I saw someone in town wearing a Frodo Lives t-shirt.
Old 11-25-2003, 05:08 PM   #47
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

Quote:
I feel enlightened. yay. I saw someone in town wearing a Frodo Lives t-shirt.
Gotta get me one of those...

I was at a Music Festival yesterday and today, and the way it works is that (monday) we sang and then the adjudicator comes onstage to give a few pointers. Our adjudicator I swear looked just like Hugo Weaving. His facial expressions down to the veins on his forhead. It was weird, really weird, because he emphasided the right words and had the same nose and everything. Actually, he looked more like Agent Smith than Elrond because he had the bad combover, but Hugo Weaving clone...I think so.
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 10:48 PM   #48
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

This university is infested with LotR characters! My Speech Communication professor is Ioreth-not a descendant, mind you, but the Ioreth of Minas Tirith. Why she's here is beyond all my reckoning.

Anywhen, she keeps on talking to us about her cousins(not from Imloth Melui, though), family members, random friends...you get the drift.

->Elenrod(I need a new college)

[ 11:53 PM December 02, 2003: Message edited by: Nilpaurion Felagund ]
Old 12-03-2003, 09:22 AM   #49
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Pipe

When I was in High school there was this exchange student from somewhere in the middle east, I think, He looked just like Pippin! He was in my Sinor English class for a whole of dfive minutes, but I kept running into him all the time and I was not stalking him, we just happened to have the same lunch.

Now in College I tend to do lots of stalking in the parking lots, TVI turns people into vulchures, circleing and stalking.

There's a guy in my theatre class the is called by Mr. Bloom, he sits up front so everytime my British theatre teacher says Mr. Bloom I have to look up. But it's not The Mr. Bloom, just some guy at TVI. It's realy rather anoying because it bothers me for a few minutes and I start to loose track of the lecture.

Also, in my interpersonal communications course, there's a girl,a woman realy, that is so much like a Hobbit that yesterday I started to call her Hobbit girl.(she always brings food) I just couldn't remember her name because she just started to sit at the same table in class. I told her to come to the BDs for the name generator, I wonder if she will see this post...

" What will make this class more enjoyable?" says the instructor.

" Pizza, " says Jennifer, the Hobbit girl. The others around the room start to laugh our heads off.

" We need to start calling you Rosey Cotten," I say.

" Why, " she says, " what does that mean?"

"She's a Hobbit." I say, " what are you doing after class?" she ignors me." Hey, Hobbit girl, Laughter from the lady between us.

" What?" says Jenn.

" What are you doing after class?"

"oh," she says, " haivng a smoke and going to class."

"Okay," I say.

She gets my pic for the school pic and I give her the www.barrowdowns.com on a piece of notbook paper.

[ 10:23 AM December 03, 2003: Message edited by: Annalaliath ]
Old 12-03-2003, 12:03 PM   #50
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

I got a Frodo Lives hat the other day! And this random old lady came up to me, and asked if Frodo was a relative of mine who had a terminal disease or something. The poor dear actually thought that I was wearing the hat to celebrate the fact that he was alive! I managed to keep from laughing until she left, and then my brother and me burst out laughing. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] It was absolutely hilarious!
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 03:06 PM   #51
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

Well, I'm pretty much positive that my Algebra teacher is actually Morgoth in disguise with all the insanely hard tests he's been throwing at me.

And something completely unrelated to what's above: I was taking a quiz in World Studies today and one of the answers to a multiple choice question about some particular quote (it had to do with the English Civil War) was "Aragorn said it to Legolas and Gimli while preparing to chase Saruman's Uruk-Hai army." Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised.

(Note: My World Studies teacher always puts an "impossible joke answer" on one of the multiple choice questions, and it just happened to be LOTR-related this time.)

[ 4:10 PM December 03, 2003: Message edited by: Meneltarmacil ]
Old 12-03-2003, 03:47 PM   #52
Lady Snickerdoodle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Quote:
Well, I'm pretty much positive that my Algebra teacher is actually Morgoth in disguise with all the insanely hard tests he's been throwing at me.
but aren't all Algebra teachers morgoths in disguise? It's like they have their own race, descended from the dark lord...
Quote:
I got a Frodo Lives hat the other day! And this random old lady came up to me, and asked if Frodo was a relative of mine who had a terminal disease or something.
that is sooo funny!!!

oh no, I just came back from this writing club at my school, and I forgot to start a LOTR discussion... I don't know exactly why I would, but I was thinking maybe they would sympathise with my obsession more than my other friends...
Old 12-03-2003, 09:29 PM   #53
Peralkarwen Aramacil

Sting

I know some guy who met Sean Astin at an airport. Yah. That's about it...except that I saw some guy who looked a whole lot like Aragorn(like the spitten image of him) and I followed him around in the mall because Aragorn is my favourite character, and then I found out it wasn't him when I asked him for his autograph...I felt really dumb...oh well...*sighs*
Old 12-04-2003, 12:45 AM   #54
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

but aren't all Algebra teachers morgoths in disguise? It's like they have their own race, descended from the dark lord...
...and doing everything in their power to bring him back from the Void! I knew it! I knew it all along!

->Elenrod, conspiracy theorist.
Old 12-04-2003, 01:27 AM   #55
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
Yesss... i know of one. We call him.... ASSSASIN, although he is a chemistry teacher. Chemistry my a$$! He is trying to forge another ring...

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 10:08 AM   #56
Lady Alasse
Wight

Lady Alasse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My hair looks like Eowyn's (A little bit) If I don't blow dry it and then I sleep on it wet. The only problem is I have brown hair, not blond. I've worn it that way a couple of times, but it gets tangeled to often if I wear it down.
He teacheth my hands to war; so that a bow of steel is broken by my arms.-II Samuel 22:35
Lady Alasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 10:49 AM   #57
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

I don't know what's wrong with me...I'm seeing Hugo Weaving look alikes everywhere!!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I went to see my doctor(whom I've neglected for the last 8 years) and he's a new doctor whom I've never met, except for the fact that he's kinda bald, he's another Hugo clone. I think I'm going crazy.
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 02:29 PM   #58
Lady Snickerdoodle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

hehe... its an Elrond Mafia...
Old 12-04-2003, 02:55 PM   #59
Lady Snickerdoodle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Quote:
I saw some guy who looked a whole lot like Aragorn(like the spitten image of him) and I followed him around in the mall because Aragorn is my favourite character, and then I found out it wasn't him when I asked him for his autograph...I felt really dumb...oh well...*sighs*
hehe what did he say? If I were him I would have signed anyway...
Quote:
...and doing everything in their power to bring him back from the Void! I knew it! I knew it all along!
speaking of which, my algebra teacher quoted something from LOTR today... He said he knew a lot by heart. Ha! Not so good at maintaining their disguise, are they?

[ 3:56 PM December 04, 2003: Message edited by: Lady Snickerdoodle ]
Old 12-04-2003, 08:11 PM   #60
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Quote:
I don't know what's wrong with me...I'm seeing Hugo Weaving look alikes everywhere!!!
*In Neo voice* The Program Elrond has grown beyond your control. You cannot stop him...but Elwing can. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Quote:
quote:

speaking of which, my algebra teacher quoted something from LOTR today... He said he knew a lot by heart. Ha! Not so good at maintaining their disguise, are they?
Of course...they're little Morgoths, remember?

->ELenrod
Old 12-08-2003, 04:39 PM   #61
Enorëiel
Wight

Enorëiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Last week at school they had the 'Battle of the Bands'. I didn't go (personally I would like to keep my good hearing) but was informed that the lead singer of one of the bands looked like Sam. This has got me totally weirded out now, trying to imagine Sam as a lead singer of a rock band [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] ...

Whoever said "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.
Enorëiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 07:08 PM   #62
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

I saw a Legolas look-a-like today , but only this one had dreds. I almost fell down the stairs.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 9:48 AM December 09, 2003: Message edited by: Annalaliath ]
Old 12-08-2003, 07:45 PM   #63
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

One of my best friends went to Comic-Con this summer, and met the entire cast of LotR. She gave me this FotR pin that Andy Serkis gave her, so now I have a relic! I treasure it, always.

I saw another Legolas-lookalike at school today. The only difference was that his blond hair was in dreads and they were up to his collar bones, instead of being as long as Legsie's. Let's just say, I was drooling over him, and staring so much that I nearly crashed into a row of lockers.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Old 12-08-2003, 09:04 PM   #64
Lady Snickerdoodle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Legolas lookalikes are so great aren't they... so much fun to stalk around stores and stuff. *muahaha* someone that i passed in a stairwell at school every day looks like an elf. Not like any particular elf, just kind of tall and graceful and radiating elvishness...
Old 12-09-2003, 03:02 AM   #65
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

2 sightings this week.

1. I was at basketball and i said to my mum, "That guy looks like Samwise Gamgee" and my mum says to me "His name is Sam. But i know it wasnt Sean Astin becuase this guy was like 15 years old.

2. Just today i was catching a bus with my little cousin and when we were getting on the bus he says "Gandalf" and pointed at the bus driver. And ive gone "woah" the guy looked like Ian McKellen it was spoooooky.

BTW AinaserkewenI love your sig!

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 12-09-2003, 09:18 AM   #66
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Well, this Legolas look-a-like had long dreads, like the fifth person I saw with them that day, but they were all bound up in a blue bandana and they were probably down to his waist. So, here I am, walking in chunky black heals, walking down stairs, wearing my old WWII trench coat, and trying to look reagle and stuff. And I almost trip and almost fall down the stairs. Kinda like the father of one of my old RP characters...
Quote:
Many see elves as beutifull and full of grace. This time he wasn't. He was coming down the steps from thier home in the trees and missed a step. He fell the rest and when he reached the bottum he got up brushed himself off and kept walking. Until he was behind a tree beside her and then he started laugh. Of course he didn't know she was there, until she started to snort and laugh. He was embarrased to no end.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:04 PM   #67
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Sting

The other day at a Basketball game I saw a guy who looked exactly like Ian McKellan. It was scary. Even one of my friends who has never seen LotR [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] said so.

Not all Algebra teachers. I like mine. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 08:39 PM   #68
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Does seeing an Orthanc-lookalike everytime you go to school count as a sighting? Or do I need a Saruman to go with that?

-&gt;Elenrod
Old 01-28-2004, 08:51 PM   #69
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

You get extra points if you get a Saruman look-alike to go with it. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2004, 09:01 PM   #70
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

What points? If it's that darn Ruritinarian economy point again, I'm going to barf all over the deck...place...thing...

Anyway, the Saruman-lookalike is coming...wait, that's Santa up there!

*grabs a megaphone*

Hey, Father Christmas! Holiday's over!

->Elenrod, in need of new glasses.

Last edited by Nilpaurion Felagund; 02-13-2004 at 12:50 AM.
Old 01-29-2004, 01:54 AM   #71
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Our new school year started two days ago and there is a new teacher who looks like an orc, seriously guys!

But the most shocking thing ever, at my brother's athletics last weekend i saw a woman who looked like Grima. I have had nightmares all week.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 01-29-2004, 09:30 AM   #72
Angry Brandybuck
Haunting Spirit

Angry Brandybuck has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

This isn't really about a person I saw but oh well.

I went on tour with an orchestra I play in to Germany for a week. One afternoon, after a night drinking a very nice beer called Erdinger, and this wierd blue stuff that dyed the inside of your mouth, and another half dozen or so beers in the morning, My friends and I were walking around some German town with a wierd name when something stopped us in our tracks.

There, right before our very eyes, set into the wall of a building, was a small (no more than four foot) door, perfectly round, painted dark green, with a big brass knob in the middle.

After much theorising about what it was for etc. we decided that the only feasible reason for it being there was that there was a family of hobbits living in the building and, to stop from getting homesick, they had turned it into a Hobbit-Hole type place.;
Old 01-29-2004, 11:32 AM   #73
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

Everdawn: *shudder* I didn't think it was possible for a woman to look like Grima! I feel so sorry for her!

Angry Brandybuck: Perhaps the reason that you saw the Hobbit hole was that you had been drinking all that beer and weird blue stuff that dyed the inside of your mouth. The latter isn't exactly something that seems safe for consumption. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-30-2004, 01:09 AM   #74
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Very true Finwe. In fact, I think it's the same hallucinogen hobbits use to create the illusion they call "The Shire"...

The Shire is everywhere...it is all around you...you cannot escape it...mwahahahaha!!!
Old 01-31-2004, 08:28 AM   #75
Angry Brandybuck
Haunting Spirit

Sting

You may be right about that. I did have a photo of me stood next to the door with my knees in my shoes (so that I appeared to be a Hobbit!) but I can't for the life of me find it. If I ever do I shall return and post it triumphantly saying something like "You doubted me, you said I was just some drunk who imagined things, but HERE is the proof!"

If I can't find it you may find me at the nearest instituion/AA meetings.

I have yet to find out what the blue stuff was, but I'm going back this year and I may find it again, watch this space!

Just a quick EDIT to say that something I just remembered as soon as I'd clicked on 'Post'. At Reading Festival last year, I was wondering around the campsite with a group of friends at about 1 or 2 in the morning (a common past-time at rock festivals). We had just run away from a group of naked men calling thmselves the 'pornographic spree' when we ran into a short, dumpy man with tousled brown curly hair and a beard. He told us his name was Bilbo and he was going on a quest.

Bizarrely he also ran a 'Sock Exchange', basically meaning he just collected socks and kept them tied to a piece of string around his waist. You could swap various things with him for socks, definitely one of my most surreal experiences.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 9:35 AM January 31, 2004: Message edited by: Angry Brandybuck ]
Old 02-03-2004, 06:44 PM   #76
Lady Snickerdoodle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Wow, angry brandybuck, that is one of the weirdest things i have ever heard. And being registered at barrowdowns, i have heard a lot of weird things... *grins weakly as bders advance menacingly* hehe, jk guys..

Anyway. I saw this one guy who had a gandalf beard. But the likeness stopped there...
Old 02-04-2004, 10:04 AM   #77
Angry Brandybuck
Haunting Spirit

Sting

I just regret that I didn't get a sock off him. I'm going back this year so I'll hunt him down (I'm sure Gollum'll give me a hand) and steal a sock, precious.

This isn't really related but my friend is making jewellery for his DT project and he made two rings of power; one is the ring of Ugly Girl Attraction and the other is the ring of Drink Destruction.

Putting these rings on can have disasterous consequences.
Old 02-06-2004, 10:15 AM   #78
Lathriel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Wandering through Middle-Earth (Sadly in Alberta and not ME)
Lathriel has just left Hobbiton.
My dad had a friend from Holland who came to visit us for a few days. He brought his son who also brought a friend. The friend's name was Wiebbe but he looked exactly like Pippin. That day we went and saw LOTR:ROTK and it was kinda funny having a guy who looked like Pippin watching that movie!
Too bad they didn't stay for a few more days.
I would have loved that.
Old 02-07-2004, 03:18 AM   #79
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Quote:
Does seeing an Orthanc-lookalike everytime you go to school count as a sighting? Or do I need a Saruman to go with that?
I see the exact building everyday, when I'm walking from building to building or strolling in our so-called school that's actually a prison. But when I first saw it, I was reminded of Minas Tirith, because it is white. Maybe the Saruman who lives there is Saruman the Black. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I also saw someone standing in front of a restaurant in a mall who I thought was Gimli, but he had white beard. Turns out it was a small statue of Santa. (I think that one's too late... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] )

Finally, my brother Nilpaurion can do a great Gollum impersonation. Sorry to give you away, Nil. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 09:11 PM   #80
Mithisilien
Haunting Spirit

Mithisilien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

OK, this may all sound a little crazy...

This is kind of a backwards sighting. My friend informed me that we go to high school with Elijah Wood's cousin. I don't know his name. (this may or may not be true, I have yet to meet him, but..) one of her other friends was walking down the street with another friend, and they thought they saw him. It turns out it was really Elijah Wood. Of course this is probably a rumor [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] . But some stuff that I KNOW is true-- One of my close friend's name is Arwen. Another friend has an uncle Aragorn, who knows a man named Gandalf. My freshman year I went to a summer choral program, and I walked around a corner and almost walked into Elrond- it was really just a boy who looked exactly like him. I mean EXACTLY. Heh.