User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2003, 07:17 AM   #81
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Lyra- can you check your PMs, please? And I agree with the detailed outline...would make sense!
Old 09-07-2003, 07:32 AM   #82
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Lyra,

Pio is away on a very short trip. I don't know if she has computer access but she should definitely be back by Monday.

I checked the list of Shire games, and the ending date isn't up yet.

However, I know the game was slated to run 6 weeks from the opening date. Since it opened on September 3, that would make the ending October 15.

But you do need to check with Pio before finalizing your deadlines. (Not that anything is ever 'final' in the Shire!) This is only a estimate based on eyeballing the calendar. There could be some slight variance to that.

Cami/Child
Old 09-07-2003, 10:50 PM   #83
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Niluial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Niluial Send a message via MSN to Niluial
Ring

Hi Guys

I am having a bit of a family crisis and I am rushing off to England tonight! I’ll only be back on Friday but then I am going on a camp for that weekend. I am going to PM me post to Lyra or someone sometime in the week… just telling you all!

Niluial
Old 09-08-2003, 12:26 AM   #84
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Lyra

I generally like to let games close on a weekend.

So, this game started on 09/03. It is scheduled to end on Sunday, 10/19, midnight. Pacific Time, U.S.
Old 09-09-2003, 06:28 AM   #85
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Nil (when you come back) I hope you don't mind me using Niluial a little in my post!

Durelin (if you're out there) this would be your cue... Don't make me start calculating your toh!
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 09-09-2003, 06:40 AM   #86
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ring

Hi I just popped in and taking a break. I have almost finished my post (too busy right now). Lyra go ahead use me in your post, I love being mentioned [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]… and that goes to all of you lol!

Nilly
Old 09-09-2003, 07:37 AM   #87
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Ok I posted my reply. Lyra just PM me if there is something wrong with it. I am a little stressed at the moment and it might not be my best but I did try!

Oh and what’s this 28th of October that everyone has on the top of their posts?

~Niluial
Old 09-09-2003, 09:22 AM   #88
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Niluial

Here's the outline of the game that Lyra made. Since it happens over the course of just about a week, she'd like the date put at the top of your post to indicate what day of storyline you're posting for:

25 October- this is when Burzdol, Elven Warrior and *Arwen*'s posts are set but before the actual game will start.

26 October:
  • Bill meets his men in Bree, gets them to start walking to the Shire and sets off on a horse himself.

I will write a very short post for Bill setting this up. One very short paragraph. The evil men will NOT being writing for this period of the game- this is still prequel.

27 October- Imladris and Arvedui's posts are set, in the evening.

28 October: THE GAME STARTS
  • Paladin's announcement
  • Paladin's interviews- Nil, Durelin, Manan and DEOR's posts
  • The Shiriffs are briefed- Child's post
  • The men reach the edge of the Shire

I'll do one more short paragraph for Bill as he instructs the Shiriffs- including telling them to go and watch the Tooks (covert surveillance) and wait for the men who will meet them there.

29 October:
  • The Resistance mission pack
  • The Shiriffs travel through the Shire, camping near Great Smials in the evening
  • The men travel through the Shire, but don't reach the Tookland

30 October:
  • The Resistance mission set off in the morning, heading through Green Hill Country towards the Shirebourn
  • The watching Shirriffs are sure they're up to no good and follow
  • The men continue their journey- wreaking as much havoc as they so wish. They reach the Tookland and can't find the Shiriffs. It's up to Burzdol and Arwen what they do!
  • Both the resistance and the shiriffs camp near to the Shirebourn for the night

31 October:
  • At some point in the day the resistance spot the shiriffs. They have a confrontation, during which Josh tells them what they're doing- he wants the shiriffs to join them. Only Hob does. The others dash off to find the men.
  • The men do whatever it is they're doing. Perhaps terrorising the Tooks? That would be the right area.
  • The resistance camp near Longbottom. Everyone else camps wherever they are (?)

1 November:
  • Trading day for the resistance and Sophia.
  • The shiriffs find the men. They set off after the resistance.
  • The resistance camp near Longbottom. Perhaps on Sophia's farm? The men don't let Olo and Brass camp. They walk through the night (which serves them right [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] )

2 November:
  • The resistance know that Olo and Brass will come after them and decide to set off straight across country.
  • However they've only gone a few miles when they meet the men (and an exhausted Olo and Brass). They are forced to fight, but manage to escape.
  • They continue to the Tookland- the men and shiriffs can do as they like from now on!
  • Since they're keen to get home, the Hobbits keep walking and reach Great Smials at the same time as Pippin- about midnight

November 3:
  • Pippin, with Josh and Hob (Falco, Dury and Tim will have to decide), go off to fight the battle of Bywater at dawn
Old 09-09-2003, 09:32 AM   #89
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Nil- You're post is fine. It clashes with what I said, but I'll edit mine. I can't do it right now- so for the next couple of hours could everyone please ignore the fact that Niluial is in two places at once?
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 09-09-2003, 11:05 AM   #90
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Oh Lyra I am so sorry about that. I didn’t even notice! I edited my post and tried to make it fit in, I hope it is ok. You might want to change your post a bit but I am no longer in two places at once (well kind of).

Thanks Pio I understand now [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Niluial (I'm not all here, troubles take you to a different place, dont they?)

[ September 09, 2003: Message edited by: Niluial ]
Old 09-09-2003, 01:18 PM   #91
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

You didn't have to change it Nil, I didn't mind editing [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ! Anyway, I'm going to change what I have to now. I hope everything is OK soon.
the Forbidden Link
Old 09-14-2003, 06:31 AM   #92
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Lyra,

Shall we move the action forward to October 29? Or are there still folk who need to post for the 28th?

Are we still waiting on Burzdol and on Arwen's revised post?

I'm assuming we'd normally wait for you to tell us when to go forward on the discussion thread itself...is that right?

Cami

[ September 14, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 09-14-2003, 10:54 AM   #93
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

Sorry I haven't been posting, but high school is *insert profanity here*

So, I will hopefully get Dury to talk to Paladin so we can move on...

I'm so sorry!!
Old 09-15-2003, 01:59 PM   #94
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

I'm really really sorry everyone. I've just started work and I get so exhausted that my bedtime is getting earlier and earlier... On the plus side it's only for another two weeks and then I'll be a student. And from what I've heard they don't seem too exhausted!

Yes, moving on would be good. In fact I think we should make it official that a game day lasts a real week. So on a sunday evening the new day will start. Does that suit everybody? That means that this day will last 6 real days instead of 7 but I think we could deal with that, right?

I'l;l put up a save spot on the thread, if there's any loose ends for the 28th they can go there. Just put up your posts on the discussion thread. I'll do a sort of vague ending to the resistance meeting but if anyone wants any details changed that'll be fine.

Just to add: I promise to be around properly in future! Plus, where are our evil men? Come on! Post!

Any posts for the 29th can start now, or anything from late at night would be fine too.

NILUIAL: I hope that's OK. Perhaps Josh could see you at breakfast?

[ September 15, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
the Forbidden Link
Old 09-15-2003, 03:19 PM   #95
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dûm

Burzdol has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

sorry everyone, my computer has been so messed up lately. i couldn't get on the internet, and i apologize deeply for that.

could someone fill me in on the dirction of the game?

[ September 15, 2003: Message edited by: Burzdol ]
Old 09-15-2003, 03:59 PM   #96
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Quote:
NILUIAL: I hope that's OK. Perhaps Josh could see you at breakfast?
No problem [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]! Just a question but do they have lights in middle earth? If not I’ll fix it up in my post lol
Nilly

[ September 15, 2003: Message edited by: Niluial ]
Old 09-16-2003, 12:54 PM   #97
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Nil, bedroom lights does sound a bit odd... could you say the windows were lit up, perhaps?

BURZDOL: It is the morning of the 29th of August (in the game). You are travelling through the Shire with Assiram and Ahriman. Feel free to do what you like about going after Hobbits, meeting Bill or anything else evil that you choose... Please see the detailed outline if you haven't. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
the Forbidden Link
Old 09-16-2003, 01:00 PM   #98
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Quote:
Nil, bedroom lights does sound a bit odd... could you say the windows were lit up, perhaps?
Hmm… I thought it sounded odd! Windows were lit up it is…
Old 09-16-2003, 09:43 PM   #99
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Will the evil hobbits and bad guys have at least one post to seal their fate? I ask this because on the last day you have it as the good guys going bravely and nobly going into battle and not a word about the bad guys.

Old 09-17-2003, 09:56 AM   #100
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

I only put that because I didn't know what to do for you. The Shirriffs could have a change of heart and become good. Or not, up to you! The evil men could go off to fight too, or run off. It's completely up to you, basically! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
the Forbidden Link
Old 09-17-2003, 11:06 AM   #101
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

I was thinking more of a poetic justice for that disgusting Olo. I think I'll have him killed. <grins evilly> [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

"Of course, it wasn't until after that we knew we need Bootstrap's blood to lift the curse."

"That's what you would call ironic."

Something to that affect, like being slain by the bad southern men. Bwahahaha

Old 09-20-2003, 04:32 PM   #102
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

DEOR: Could you take out the word store? I mean they probably had some sort of shops in the Shire, but I don't think that really fits!

Burzdol: You're supposed to be in the Shire. Could you change the Prancing Pony to the Green Dragon please. I'm going to post as Bill saying they're there. I've decided Bill is going to come with you for at least part of the time as you seem to be on your own now.

Nil: I hope that's OK. You choose if you want to find Tim. What do you think, Manan?
the Forbidden Link
Old 09-21-2003, 04:54 AM   #103
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Well as most of you know I am a Law Student. I am finally writing my final exams and then I’ll get my degree (finally a Lawyer). This next week I shall be writing my final exams. They are very important to me and I feel going on the internet will distract me from my studying and I might end up not passing. So I shall not be on for about a week and a half.

Lyra Could you maybe just include me in your posts and maybe just make it as I am still part of the game.

And could other people maybe just add me in your posts... Niluial can’t just suddenly disappear [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]. It would be highly appreciated!

Thank You
Niluial

P.S. Wish me luck!
Old 09-21-2003, 06:51 AM   #104
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Niluial,

Good luck! If you get a chance, check your pms.

Cami
Old 09-21-2003, 12:57 PM   #105
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Good luck, I'll do that and hurry back... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] !
the Forbidden Link
Old 09-22-2003, 09:25 AM   #106
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

OK everyone, it's about 5PM on the 29th. Later I'm going to post for nightfall. I'll put up a save post again, if anyone needs it. Then we'll go on to the 30th.
the Forbidden Link
Old 09-22-2003, 11:21 AM   #107
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Lyra,

I did a save for the Shirriffs arriving in Great Smials before you turn the clock forward. If any other shirriff wants to paste something in that box after the game moves on, just leave it on the discussion thread and I'll put it up.

I expect to write a post to Hob late tonight.

Also, Niluial and I exchanged pms and I will be posting at least once this week for her character. You're still welcome to include her in your own posts.

Cami

[ September 22, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 09-22-2003, 11:25 PM   #108
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Shiriffs:

In order to set up camp, I had to use Olo and Brass. If you'd like me to change anything, let me know...

Cami/Hob
Old 09-23-2003, 06:02 PM   #109
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dûm

Burzdol has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I don't know who the other henchman are. Could someone please tell me?

Burzdol
Old 09-24-2003, 12:05 PM   #110
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Burzdol

I am going to take over the missing writer's (Elven Warrior's) character, Assiram, who is one of Bill Ferny's Henchmen.

Please note that I took that second post of yours - where you talk to Bill Ferny in the Prancing Pony - and I edited in to your First Post because it fits in better there.

I will be doing a series of posts to get the Henchmen where they need to be. They will be up by tonight very late. Please take a look at them tomorrow:

--- September 04, 2003 11:51 AM - under *Arwen*'s blank post

--- September 17, 2003 10:11 PM - under your now blank post that I moved as I said

--- September 22, 2003 05:01 PM - under Lyra Greenleaf's blank post

Please feel free, Burzdol and *Arwen* to write posts for those saved places also if you wish. You can put them on the Discussion Thread and I'll put them up for you.

These posts in the SAVES will bring us up to the "October 30th" series of posts that need to be done - and I will do a post for that day tomorrow.

That post will be about finally reaching Tookland, roughing up Hobbits on the outlying little farms we pass through, trampling through gardens, throwing newly washed clothes on the clotheslines down in the dirt and trampling on them, letting the pigs and goats out of their pins, killing a few chickens, etc.

The henchmen are getting madder by the minute because those stupid Hobbit Shirrifs aren't there to meet and help us.

Can each of you start working on a post about terrorising the Hobbits who live just west of where we're camped? Maybe each of you describe one of their little farms we've come to and how we wrecked it.

You can put those posts up right after my post I will do for "October 30th" (I have a Save up for it now on Page 2 of the Game.)
Old 09-24-2003, 12:19 PM   #111
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Elven Warrior

This is to let you know, since you have not posted to the game or responded to my PM's, that I will be taking over your character, Assiram, and posting him for the Henchmen in the remainder of the Game.

An questions you have concerning this - please PM me.

~~ Piosenniel, Shire Moderator
Old 09-24-2003, 12:56 PM   #112
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Lyra - Your mailbox is full.

Please clean it out as I need to contact you on a number of things.

Cami, Shire Moderator
Old 09-26-2003, 05:58 PM   #113
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Yo, ho, me hearties! I'm going away for a week next Monday. I'll try and post for Olo during the week but I make no promises.

Old 09-27-2003, 01:16 PM   #114
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

I am SO SORRY! You have my undying apologies, but I am only just getting settled into high school. Yes, I'm a stinky little freshman. Still, I think I can start posting much more often, hopefully starting this week.

Here's a post to go in one of the 29th saves. I hope it works.

Fingering his empty pipe, Dury unconsciously stroked the curly-haired form curled up in his life. Mirda watched him with a frown. She had been overjoyed that Dury was willing to aid her family, but after she had heard the dangers…and after she had seen her husband's face… She watched him with a sympathetic frown. In the hearth, the fire was burning low. Mirdy should have been in bed hours ago, but if Dury was to leave the next morning… Soft but firm footsteps announced the arrival of Dora. Even at only four years, the little hobbit took being the oldest seriously, and was constantly wishing to help. Most times it was quite helpful, though she could go too far. Dury looked up to smile at her. Dora flashed him a smile back, though that quickly turned into a yawn.

"I'm sorry, muffin. I'm keeping you and Mirdy up."

Glancing down at the two-year old on his lap, Dury's smile widened.

"Well, I'm keeping you up. Off to bed now, I'm only to be gone for a few days."

"Five, da!" Dora exclaimed indignantly. She really was a lot like her father, though her mother was doing well in straightening her out.

"That's not so long. You know very well your mother can take care of you, and I expect you to take care of Mirdy."

"O' course."

"Off to bed now." Dora began to move, but then hesitated. "Give me a hug then."

She threw her arms around him, though careful not to jump on Mirdy. Then she picked up the sleeping hobbit-babe, and went slowly to their room, constantly looking back at her father. Dury could have sworn he saw her wiping her eyes, and he frowned.

"Will she be alright, Mirda, dear?"

"You know your daughter."

Dury grunted. "I suppose your right." He paused to put his pipe down, finally, and then looked up at his wife. Her eyes glistened, but not with their usual happy light. "But will you be?"

"Of course," she said, then laughed. Dury was glad to hear that. "I sound just like little Dora."

Dury smiled once again. "I'll be back soon. I know you girls can manage five days."

"You had best, Dury Greenhand, or I'll give you a reason not to!"

Dury rose from his chair to embrace his wife. She did not cry, and he was proud. He was much relieved, too. He felt a lump rising in his throat. Why had he even insisted on returning home for the night? He had said his good-byes before, hadn't he? Now he had a long way to go in the morning, and was going to cry and make a fool of himself. A hobbit had to be strong in front of his wife. Grasping for control over himself, Dury let go of his wife. Looking her in the eyes, he forced a smile. When he finally got into bed, he felt tremendous relief at having gotten through his farewell. Little did he know that the next morning would be as much a struggle.

Thanks! And, again, I am really truly deeply sorry! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2003, 02:30 PM   #115
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Durelin

Thanks! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Your post is up in one of the '29th Oct SAVES' [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2003, 02:43 PM   #116
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

I hope nobody minded the references to Lotho and Lobelia. If it's too much a problem just let me know.

Old 09-28-2003, 09:38 AM   #117
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Imladris,

Sounds good to me!

Thanks Manardariel! I've just pasted up your post in one of the open October 29th spaces.

Cami
Old 09-28-2003, 11:36 PM   #118
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Durelin (and everyone),

Since we need to get the game rolling this is what we've done after speaking with Lyra:

1. I've edited my own two posts so Durelin's discussion about Cami possibly coming fits in just fine. Cami does end up going off on her own to find Hob... We shall see what happens with that...

2. I've edited the meeting place in your own post. The Three-Farthing Stone lies north of Tookland and the band is heading south. I substituted an imaginery landmark just east of Tukborough called the "trysting tree", not far from the main roadway.

In my own post, I also said their route will be through Pincup and then south to Longbottom. (Lyra, If this isn't right, I will edit.)

3. I also erased Durelin's OOC notes since the questions were dealt with.

4. The hobbit band has is now on the road, heading east and then south. Any of the hobbits can and should post about their journey on November 30.

5. Once Hob and Arvedui quit arguing about women, the Shirriffs will be hot on the hobbits' trail.

6. According to Lyra's outline, both the Shirriffs and hobbits will camp near the Shirebourn River tonight, which is slightly east of Pincup.

Cami
Old 09-29-2003, 03:55 AM   #119
Arvedui III
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arvedui III has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arvedui III
Shield

I am really, really sorry, but since my computer's being encredibly stupid, it's goin into the shop tody, and my posting powers will be limited at best for a week. Could the sherrif just keep mentioning Brass in their posts, or better yet, if someone would be willing to post for Brass, I would be very grateful.
Child: Just forget my post reguarding the conversation with Brass and Hob. Sorry about that.
Thanks and sorry,
Arvedui

[ September 29, 2003: Message edited by: Arvedui III ]
Old 09-29-2003, 05:31 AM   #120
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Hey everyone. Sorry I've been a bit lax recently, but I should be OK now. I'd like to welcome yet another mod to the game [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] .

Arvedui: Just do your best.

Child: They'll be going around, not through Pincup but the route's OK. Could you please either put your post after mine, or mine before yours, since yours will have the Hobbits already on their journey. Thanks [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] .
the Forbidden Link