The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-15-2007, 09:01 AM   #321
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Hackles were up, beards were stiffened and waggling, toe-hair was especially curly - finally, a promising lynch candidate.

"No no!" cried Voloin. "I'm the Seer!"

"Uh, no you're not," said Orilin.

"I'll PROVE it!" snarled Voloin. From his party jacket he whipped out a small bottle, emblazoned with a skull and marked in several distinct runes to be 'Poison'.

"And what is that supposed to prove?" snapped Anguirelshield.

"That you're wrong, and I am the only Gifted left in this hall." Voloin looked them all in the eye. "Do you want I should drink this?"

"Yes," said everyone.

"Er," he said. "You want me, your Seer, to drink this POISON?"

"Yes," they said again. "Votes are irritractable, after all."

He began to sweat. "Fine," he said quietly. "You'll be sorry." With a swift movement and a fierce grimace, he downed the bottle in one gulp. Then he exploded.

You thought dwarves were hairy - well, you've never seen a were-dwarf. He clawed at the sky and screamed out his rage at Orilin (especially), and charged. But before he got there, the eyes melted out of his skull and he dropped dead.

"Baruk Khazad!" they all bellowed in joy, though not one of them had to raise an axe. "For the Shire!" "For the Carrock!" "Edro, Edro!"

Living:
Beornomien
Valier the Grey
Meneltarbo Baggins
Thorin Angurielsheild
Runi son of Bjarne
Orilin
Bifur Fegalund
Bomburlass

Dead:
Eomi of the Rohirrim (Innocent), beheaded on DAY one
dwancing spawn of fundin (Twin), beheaded on NIGHT two
Nari (Twin), died of sorrow on NIGHT two
Gloanna (Innocent), hung on DAY two
Farael the Deathless (Protector), crushed with a hammer protecting his choice on NIGHT three
Kathin (Hunter), lynched on DAY three
Bofgrod (Innocent), taken down with the hunter on DAY three
Dori88 (Innocent), dismembered on NIGHT four
Voloin (Werewolf), took poison and melted his own brains on DAY four

Surprise - it's NIGHT five! Wolves may start regrouping. I need names please from them, and also from the Seer if you wish.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:33 AM   #322
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Despite the precautions they took, Orilin was found dead the next morning, most of her face clawed away. They burned her body also, and also used the same "She was a burned dwarf" quote when she was asked of.

But when the fire died, they found in her ashes two stunning blue gems.

"Her eyes?" they said incredulously. "If we ever get home, we're going to start a worldwide search for Seers! And...well, um, ask if we can have their eyes.........no, nevermind."

Living:
Beornomien
Valier the Grey
Meneltarbo Baggins
Thorin Angurielsheild
Runi son of Bjarne
Bifur Fegalund
Bomburlass

Dead:
Eomi of the Rohirrim (Innocent), beheaded on DAY one
dwancing spawn of fundin (Twin), beheaded on NIGHT two
Nari (Twin), died of sorrow on NIGHT two
Gloanna (Innocent), hung on DAY two
Farael the Deathless (Protector), crushed with a hammer protecting his choice on NIGHT three
Kathin (Hunter), lynched on DAY three
Bofgrod (Innocent), taken down with the hunter on DAY three
Dori88 (Innocent), dismembered on NIGHT four
Voloin (Werewolf), took poison and melted his own brains on DAY four
Orilin (Seer), defaced on NIGHT five

DAY five has begun, please discuss the implications of this.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:46 AM   #323
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
How regrettable. Now let's get down to SLAYING WOLVES!

The obvious puzzle of today is the guilt or innocence of Beorn.

Less obvious is the hunt for possible low-key wolves.

Durelin gave it as her opinion that our remaining foes were Menel and Valier. I suspect the former but not the latter. What do others think?

(I will elucidate in time, I'm rushing now, hence the terseness...)
Old 01-16-2007, 09:56 AM   #324
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
For a second I had forgot that you are a known innocent. . . .I can't belive that neither you, boro or Nogrod are furry.

anyways after yesterdays events I am inclined to belive Menel to be a wolf, for the same reasons as me and Durelin stated yesterday.

Valier, Nilp and Holby I am very nervous about. . . .I simply do not know what to think, personaly I am inclined to suspect Valier above the two others.

Untill I have looked into Lommy's posts of yesterday she is the one I am least weary about. But that can change. . . it is nothing, but a gut feeling.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 10:14 AM   #325
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne
For a second I had forgot that you are a known innocent. . . .I can't belive that neither you, boro or Nogrod are furry.
I can. Sod's Law dictated it...
Old 01-16-2007, 10:33 AM   #326
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I remember a time when Boro was a wolf and was killed by the Seer, he used his last words to confuse the village. He mentioned myself (fellow wolf) and an Ordo, I believe Volo has done the same here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
That's nasty even for a wolf...
Rune, Holby, what are you doing? Think first and vote after... No sense trusting the "Seer" this much... Even the Seer shouldn't be fully trusted. Even if there are no wolves around.
I believe either one or both of these are a wolf. Volo's a smart guy and I am sure he was trying a bluff, perhaps even a double to help his remaining friends.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:47 AM   #327
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Valier would you mind explaining to me how Volo's last comment makes you think?

For me it neither incriminates or clears anybody, but maybe it is just me that is dumb.

What is the bluff? You see, I need to know what the bluff is to know what the dubble bluff is, otherwise I cannot form an opinion of what you say.

Anyways I have to go, I won't be back for another 8-10 hours.

Old 01-16-2007, 10:54 AM   #328
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Ok well we can assume that most of the stuff Volo said was lies, but I am sure he slipped in the names of his fellow wolves so that we would just think he was talkin crazy or look another way. He mentions You Rune, Menel, Holby and myeslf, saying don't die. and To Lommy he says she is Innocent. I am sure he mentioned at least one wolf to try and save them. I say double bluff because I think he may have mentioned both, but who it is....I am unsure. I will be helping today as much as I can and I swear we will catch us a wolf.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:11 AM   #329
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

Well, my suspicions mainly lie with Lommy, though Rune is also on my list.

Lommy acts really unsure of herself, which is believable for someone who's only wolvish ancestor was a Fenris Wolf. She's joined all the major bandwagons as well.

However, yesterDay's events give some reason to doubt that she is a wolf, Mainly, Wolf-Volo's proclamation that she'll die toDay for being innocent. This seems a little odd, but he was posing as the Seer at the time. Does anyone else have any idea what he meant by that?
Old 01-16-2007, 11:44 AM   #330
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Ok well I have brought this down to this....
I think Lommy and Holby to be innocent. Holby I have thought so almost well....blindly from the beginning. That is probably not good, but I can't help it, she just gives me that feeling. Lommy has been suspicious what with her attack on Ang and her voting, but after reading through her thoughts seem innocent, she seems to have been thinking along the same way I was. I didn't suspect Volo nearly at all and I was seeing things about Ang that looked wolfish. If these two are the last wolves....cudos

So that leves Rune and Menel, and well Nilp. Rune has been, well I've thought suspicious all along. He just doesn't sit right with me. He may be pushing a fellow wolf out into the spotlight to save himself. Menel mildy suspects Rune, but wants to lynch Lommy. looks good for him. Nilp if you are a wolf....I will be thoroughly upset.

I think the wolves are going to pull out all the stops, even attacking each other. And I do believe that Volo left us with at least one of his partners names in his "don't die " list.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:49 AM   #331
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

So Ang...being the only proven innocent, what do you think? This is getting down to the line and I want to save this village. Who do you think we should lynch?
Old 01-16-2007, 12:08 PM   #332
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

What do I think?

I think you're not going to get much out of me for another half-hour, while I finish an essay on Pluto and Proserpina. Keep arguing; it'll give me stuff to look at when I come back.

Shame...I rather wanted to rule Rune out, but his last post is screamingly suspicious...over-touchiness and then departure. But I'm not at all certain he's a wolf. I don't think, Valier, that he and Menel plausibly could be...but maybe that's what Menel wants me to think. Would someone look at the behaviour of these two towards each other this game? That would be useful.

For now:

I suspect Bomburlass, Beorn, Menel and Rune in varying degrees.

I don't suspect Valier or Nilp, though I will consider the late Seer's arguments against Valier, who was to be her next dream.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:08 PM   #333
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Hmmm. Very quiet.

Does no one out there want to come and play with Uncle Thorin? Hmmm?

The consensus (and we all know how much I like the consensus, boys and girls) seems to favour Menel...

I'm still extremely fond of the idea of Bomburlass being lupine. Her behaviour has been so immaculate, in a muted way; so understated; in need of correction WITH AN AXE.

The earliest legends of Holby's wolvishness show her behaving like this. Also, she apparently missed a choice piece of banter I chucked her way earlier. Either over-cautious...or she didn't see it, probably more likely.

Holby? You around? I want someone to throw anvils at!

Yet I agree she's something of a shot in the dark.

Beorn...I'm not so much suspicious of her, as desperate for her not to beat me as a wolf. That would be ringingly unfair. So I'm tempted - as she was about me - to lynch her anyway...

You know, I'm probably the most irresponsible Proven Innocent Sage you lot could have have got landed with.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:18 PM   #334
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

Well, you can go ahead and vote for me if you absolutely must, but it isn't going to help you at all.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:06 PM   #335
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Well I don't know what to think at this point but I am leaning towards Rune. It's awfully quiet around here.......Where is everybody? It's getting fairly late here and I will have to vote tonight before bed. I'm going to look back at the Rune/Menel interaction.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:15 PM   #336
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Well I have found that Rune thought Menel to be innocent in the beginning and then he changed his mind and thinks he is a wolf. Menel has been suspicious of Rune for quite awhile. Both were suspicious of Ang. They have had little direct interaction though.....but both have talked alot about the other. Could be a major bluff with the two "fighting" and getting one of them killed hoping the other can make it to the end?
Old 01-17-2007, 12:04 AM   #337
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'm convinced my school supports my werewolfing in some sly way... Today my psychology teacher wasn't present and she had left us riduclously few exercises to do and I finished them in less than 15 minutes... And dashed to the school library to play werewolf.

Well, it's pretty silent here. I'm rather confident the remaining two wolves are now trying to escape attention. So, lynch the silent ones? Jokes aside, I think everybody who wants the village to win should speak up (otherwise we can't distinguish the goodies from the baddies) and I'll be personally after everyone who isn't speaking up. (Yes, I'm afraid, it's in the genes...)

I agree Menel is suspicious, but of the others I won't say anything before rereading their and Volo's posts on the thread. (I'm off to that next, because without doing it I doubt I can be of any real assistance to the village...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang
Beorn...I'm not so much suspicious of her, as desperate for her not to beat me as a wolf. That would be ringingly unfair. So I'm tempted - as she was about me - to lynch her anyway..
Haha, I guess I deserve that opinion from you, but, I assure you, you don't have to fear that... at least in this game.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 12:11 AM   #338
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Oh, and Valier, I'd leave interpreting Volo's words aside... He might have said anything about his fellow wolves and I hold it very unprobable we're ever going to figure out who's his fellow wolf by reading his last words. I mean, he could say his fellow wolf's guilty in his opinion to bluff, say they're innocent to double-bluff, or leave them unmentioned in hope that they escape our attention... He could also name an inncent guilty to bluff, or innocent (to double-bluff) or leave unmentioned in order to think us he's shielding them. Or he could be doing all this in quadrupule-bluff -level. So, basicly anything, and probably, (yet not certainly) all these strategies mixed.

So I'd really rather concentrate on other things, Valier, no offense...
Old 01-17-2007, 12:27 AM   #339
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Well I am off to bed right away and I am still no wiser on what to do. So if we lynch an Ordo today and one goes over night we end up with 2 wolves/4 Ordo's still not bad but then tomorrow is going to be hell. I really want to catch us a wolf today but everyone is so quiet.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:48 AM   #340
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

It's 1:30 am here and I am tired. Let us cross our fingers we get a wolf.

++Rune son of Bjarne
Old 01-17-2007, 01:20 AM   #341
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Rune seems innocent. Him saying Menel's the only one who feels innocent is hardly a wolvish thing. I don't think a wolf would say that about a fellow, and I also think that a wolf wouldn't say that at all: that declaration sounds a bit weird and it caught quite many people's attention. Also, the wolves don't think anyone particularly less suspicious than others so they have to fabricate it all... Why deliberatedly make up just one who looks innocent, since talking about just one person's innocence gets attention? I can find only one sly reason... Maybe Rune was trying to hint he was the seer having dreamed of just Menel this far and making it clear in case he would die next night (a rather jumpy seer), to prevent people from voting/suspecting him? That would be very clever from a wolf. Because of that Menel-comment I thought he might be the seer and did just as described above: did not concentrate on him. Wolves are looking for seer hints, so I find it weird Rune isn't dead yet. Or then he's a wolf (or Menel). Now I honestly don't know myself what I'm after with this mess, but I guess it's something like: "Rune is most probably innocent based on that comment, but might also be a very cunning wolf".
Otherwise he seems pretty genuine.

Menel, on the other hand, flip-flops and changes suspicion as the public opinion changes. He agrees with almost every major suspicion in the village. (Says me who's joined every lynch-bandwagon in this village this far. ) But he's different (than me): he agrees with many different major suspects every day and very rarely has anything more original to say... Also, Menel has suspected Rune quite strongly. This combined with Rune's Day1 "Menel seems innocent" makes me think they surely aren't both wolves. If Rune is, Menel isn't. If Menel is, Rune isn't. I find the latter quite possible. (And of course there's the chance that neither is a wolf.)

Nilp's post 245 makes me quite convinced of his innocence. He makes a case against Volo and votes him and sounds very genuine in his other sayings too. He also suspected Volo quite strongly yesterday before Durelin came out. I doubt a wolf would do anything like that when they were so close to a win by numbers.

Holby is worrysome. She avoids interacting with others and mostly posts statistics that make her seem helpful. She very efficiently keeps herself suspecting only me (as a major suspect) and voting me. Not very open-minded thinking and nicely makes her more difficult to track and also makes her to provoke less gurdges () and to get less attention. Also manages to avoid analysis by not joining bandwagons. On the other hand, I'd like to emphasise this, the last time I played with her, she was evil, and a lot more jumpy than now. She's either innocent or has learned something or I'm less perceptive than last time. But I guess I'm leaning to agreeing with Ang about her.

Valier is like a kitten. She has huge innocent eyes and a cuddly fur, but you should not forget she has claws too, and very sharp and long ones! I mean, she seems pretty innocent, but I've been wrong about her many times enough to know what she's capable of. (I'll never forget the game where Wolfier killed me instead of a known innocent Nogrod, because she feared that if I was alive, I'd get her lynched, and made the whole village crazy and confused by that kill, and, in the end, won the game.) So, she seems innocent, but that doesn't necessarily mean she is innocent. I'll concentrate on her more tomorrow if we fail today.

So, order of suspiciousness
Menel
Holby
-------
Valier
Rune
Nilp

Oh, and it doesn't matter anymore, but I think I just found out about the wolves noticing spawn was a twin, if killing the twins was their aim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
Another name I feel evil is Filia, she hasn't said anything interesting, except that she doesn't trust Duriel. Her vote for Gloanna came straight after Dancing Dwalin's post about Gloanna. As if they're a team...
But as I said, it's of little worth now that Volo's dead and we can't lynch him anymore, except the worth that I feel really keen and perceptive right now!

edit: xed with Valier x2
Old 01-17-2007, 04:07 AM   #342
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

I'm not, I've decided going to attack Beorn on this, my last day.

It would essentially repeat my tactic of confronting my loudest potential foes, Bofgrod and Nori, which turned out so disastrously. The omens are not good. I feel there was good intent in the thoroughness of the case against me Beorn delivered.

Neither will I vote for Valier. Her early incompetence strikes some kind of chord with me, as I was pretty useless early in this escapade too, and I think her examination of Volo's posts is a typically forthright move she would employ as an innocent.

I regard Nilp as practically a proven innocent. Because of this I would really like to hear his opinions.

This leaves Bomburlass, Menel and Rune. I am quite intrigued by the idea of the latter two, after all, working together, which Valier suggested - they never really cemented their words against each other with actions, and both did fan the flames of the feud between me, Bofgrod and Nori. Yet Runi in particular was so brazen about doing so that I am leaning towards his innocence more than Menel's.

I am increasingly sure that Bomburlass has reverted to her most traditional wolf style. In the very earliest games, she had some wolf outings where she kept hold of her nerves, was almost invisible and remained unspotted. I believe her continuing absence and failure to respond to my needling is deeply incriminating.

I will probably vote for Bomburlass but may, partly due to the opinions of our late Seer, compromise if a lot of support materialises for Menel.

All innocents - please avoid retaliation for votes cast against you and vote for who you genuinely think, in light of your opinions, mine, Durelin's before she died, is a wolf.

Conserve your votes and choose wisely. And please, talk to me ! I am currently a very lonely King Under the Mountain...
Old 01-17-2007, 04:12 AM   #343
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

I am back. . .

Sorry it took so long, but when I made my way to my fathers house after work last night (2am) I found that some crazy new security had been installed and I had no means getting past it. anyhow now I am on an internet cafe and ready to contribute.

Well, about my question to Valier, I was afraid it might seem wolvish. I decided that I could not be botherd by this, as I did not have the faintest idea what she ment. And I think that I earlier told that I would always have to leave for work a few hours after game start. . .

My major problem with this game is that I cannot remember how Valier normally behaves. . . I have this image of her being very productive and with well founded theorys, but maybe that is just my imagination. I just things that she klings an awfull lot to straws. . .like the thing in Volo's post, she uses it as an argument, which seems very weird to me.

anyways I am around now. . .

Old 01-17-2007, 04:14 AM   #344
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Rune, I wonder if you could tell me what you think of Menel and Holby?
Old 01-17-2007, 04:18 AM   #345
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
And please, talk to me ! I am currently a very lonely King Under the Mountain...
Hear, hear! Do as he says!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang
I will probably vote for Bomburlass but may . . . compromise if a lot of support materialises for Menel.
I could say it the other way around: I will probably vote for Menel, but may compromise if a lot of support materialises for Holby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang
I regard Nilp as practically a proven innocent. Because of this I would really like to hear his opinions.
Nilp, I'd like to hear from you too, especially of who you suspect and who you think innocent. (And yes I know you have problmes with getting online.) That'd clear my picture about you.

Anyway, I will be away for a few hours soon, but then I'll be back and around to the deadline (unless some RL catastrophe summons me away from the computer).

edit: xed with Rune and Ang. Glad to see people around!
Old 01-17-2007, 04:22 AM   #346
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne
My major problem with this game is that I cannot remember how Valier normally behaves. . . . I just things that she klings an awfull lot to straws. . .like the thing in Volo's post, she uses it as an argument, which seems very weird to me.
I think that "clinging to straws" is perfectly normal Valier behaviour. But it doesn't make her innocent...
<- for werewolf and werewolf logics in general
Old 01-17-2007, 04:24 AM   #347
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

I could. . .but I really don't have much to add on Menel, since yesterday.(I have nothing to add)

At first Menel gave me that good feeling of innocens, because he seemed down to earth and resonable. That slowly changed as the days progressed, but I did not have him as a main suspect until yesterday. It really struck me as a clear sign of Wolvery the way he has been playing, singling out one person to be the main suspect and hardly say anything about any other player. This way he leaves next to no trace that could lead us to his fellow wolves. One could object and say that he is now suspecting Lommy, but he only did so after this theory was mentioned and only when Durilin told him that he made a better case against Lommy than me.

Menel will be the one I wish to lynch today. . .(unless somethind radical changes)

Let me read through Holby's posts before giving you my thoughts on her.

Old 01-17-2007, 04:32 AM   #348
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

One problem, for me, with voting Menel is the question of lynching Bilbo as Thorin. I mean, Thorin practically lynched Bilbo after the Arkenstone business and it didn't do him any good...I am, of course, prepared to put this superstition on one side, but I would still rather vote Holby.

It's interesting how all the main narrative characters, except Balin I suppose, have proved so survivable.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:32 AM   #349
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Maybe it is me that is not able to detect any of Holby's major posts, but she seems to have been very absent of late and the posts I have found says pretty much nothing.

She could be wolf going below the radar, but there is nothing that screams wolf to me.

This is my list as it is now:

Meneltarbo Baggins
Valier the Grey

Bifur Fegalund, Bomburlass
Beornomien

Old 01-17-2007, 05:35 AM   #350
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

I forget. . .when is the deadline?

I was wondering if I had time to leave this internet cafe and get home to my own internet in time to vote. . . for some reason the thought of using money sitting here waiting for the deadline.

Old 01-17-2007, 06:02 AM   #351
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

I'd vote in time for about three o' clock GMT, Rune.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:07 AM   #352
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

And He Goes For The Tripple. . .

Sorry for the many posts. . . .If nothing happens the next 30 min. I will vote Menel and leave and hopefully be back an hour or two before deadline, but I cannot say for sure.

Anyways if anybody is online, please say something!v (otherwise I will make a fourth post)

EDIT: Cross posted with Ang

Last edited by Rune Son of Bjarne; 01-17-2007 at 06:16 AM.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:47 AM   #353
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

So nothing has come up . . . . Menel, is still my main suspect so he shall get my vote.

I know that Ang would rather vote Holby and I can understand why, both Ang and Lommy has brought up good points about the "flying under the radar" theory and I promise to take a good look at her tomorrow. Right now I have to go with my guts and my small theory.

I guess my list is more like this now:

Meneltarbo Baggins
Valier the Grey
Bomburlass

Bifur Fegalund
Beornomien

anyways got to vote. . .

++Meneltarbo Baggins

Old 01-17-2007, 07:03 AM   #354
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Have we and the wolves killed off all our voting scribes? Or are they not just around?

Valier -> Rune
Rune -> Menel
Yet to vote: Anguirel, Holbytlass, Meneltarmacil, Nilpaurion, Thinlómien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune, about Holby
she seems to have been very absent of late
That was wonderfully phrased! And true, too. Holby? Where are you?
Old 01-17-2007, 07:10 AM   #355
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Bomburlass will probably slope in, bleary eyed, and mumble "I was having the most wonderful dream..." before DEVOURING OUR FLESH.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:16 AM   #356
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
Bomburlass will probably slope in, bleary eyed, and mumble "I was having the most wonderful dream..." before DEVOURING OUR FLESH.
Well, I got the impression she was the person most into eating in your company, Lord Anguirelshield, so maybe that's just logical...

I find it funny that in these five days, she has written 15 posts, which means 3 posts a day (admitted we haven't heard of her yet today), while Anguirel, having the most posts, has written 51 posts... about 10 per day!
(Nilp has written even less than Holby, but in his case you can only blame the conditions, or so Nilp has us believe! )
What I'm trying to say? Well, nothing, except it's no wonder she has mostly flown under the radar with that kind of posting statistics.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:19 AM   #357
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Silmaril Once more unto the breach . . .

I did boast it would take but one Wolf exposed, and I could get them all. Unfortunately, my boast is ill-founded. I base my deductions on past voting records, trying to see whether a proven Wolf tried to save someone from the noose or push someone into death. From that I can see who's guilty or innocent, more or less. For what a Werewolf fears above all is dying; he fears it even more so than an ordinary villager.

In this game, however, we had nothing but bandwaggons. And bandwaggons hide these crucial clues from me. Therefore, I will treat the bandwaggoners as suspect.

DAY 1: Eomer bandwaggon (ordo)

Who voted? Volo (wolf), Nogrod (ordo), spawn (ordo), Lommy (unknown)

Well, the only unknown left here is Lommy, and her vote tells us nothing. She and spawn cross-voted for Eomer's killing vote, which would go against her if a wolf was in danger--unfortunately, all second-placers (spawn, Kitanna, and Farael) were proven innocents.

DAY 2: Kitanna bandwaggon (ordo)

Who voted? Nilp (unknown), Menel (unknown), Lommy (unknown), Boro (ordo), Volo (wolf), Nogrod (ordo)

This also tells us little. Kitanna received almost half the village's votes. Although it is interesting to see that Lommy and Volo joined this bandwaggon, too.

DAY 3: Kath bandwaggon (hunter)

Who voted? Durelin (seer), Valier (unknown), Nogrod (ordo), Lommy (unknown), Boro (ordo)

Volo didn't vote, but Lommy was still in this one. I already did an analysis of those who voted in the bandwaggon yesterDAY, and I quote it here:

Quote:
Valier accepted the arguments set forth at face-value (q.v. 230.) Quite suspicious, and added to that she throws suspicion at me out of nowhere, alluding to my lack of sensible posts.

Lommy's vote lacks reasoning (I did try looking for one, but apparently she believed Boromir 'has good points, especially that one about Kath.' (q.v. 234) In the same post she answers Boro's suspicion of her. Interesting . . .

Also, she trusts a wolf-Menel to be able to reveal himself easier. Perhaps, it can be read to mean that if Menel is lynched and turns out to be furry, she can get credit for it. Hmmm . . . (Nilp)
DAY 4: Volo bandwaggon (wolf)

Who voted? Nilp (unknown), Lommy (unknown), Ang (ordo), Holby (unknown), Rune (unknown), Valier (unknown)

As I had predicted, this gives me little clues to work on. Volo, Menel, and Durelin (?!) were the only ones who failed to vote for Volo

~*~

Well, it looks bad for Lommy, but I still believe what I said yesterDAY about Menel:

Quote:
Menel's reason to vote for Rune (q.v. 207) is rather feeble, and it has been even more weakened due to Nogrod's innocence, yet he holds on to it toDAY until Durelin tells him that his analysis of Lommy makes more sense--see 277 then read on to the bottom of the page.

. . .

Now, what have I learned from this? Lommy and Menel feels hairy, but if they are two of the Wolves I find their tactic strange. They're trying to get each other killed! Then again, a wolf-Menel back in WWIX did the same thing with Shelob, and they won that game with their numbers intact. (A little history; it makes Menel look all the more dangerous to me.) (Nilp)
As for his only post today . . . it feels similar to Kitanna's nonchalance at her upcoming death . . . is he hoping we'd think him innocent, too? I don't know . . .

++Meneltarmacil
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:27 AM   #358
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

About an hour to the deadline... and four people yet to vote.

Yet... I don't know will Menel appear at all. Just read this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel, in the Copyright thread
Quite honestly, I don't know about all this, and I'd actually like to just leave this site and be done with it soon.

The problem, of course, is that my posts will still be here and it'll take around 26 hours of work to delete them all. Is there any way the admins/mods can just say"delete all posts by this user" and remove them all?
Anyway,
Valier -> Rune
Rune -> Menel
Nilp -> Menel (Menel 2, Rune 1)
Yet to vote: Anguirel, Holbytlass, Meneltarmacil, Thinlómien
Old 01-17-2007, 08:34 AM   #359
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I think I might vote and go home soon. Now I'm just sitting here in the school library boring myself and nothing is happening, neither in this game or in BD in general. I'm soon too tired of just refreshing who's online and active topics, especially as I have unfinished schoolwork waiting at home... So, unless something happens soon, I'll be leaving, and voting Menel most probably...
Old 01-17-2007, 08:40 AM   #360
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Am I really the only one around...?

Please, speak up, or I'll throw you out of my hall!
(If that had been an option I'd have done that already, when you started killing each other, so actually never mind that...)