The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2013, 01:32 PM   #11
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Random remark. Let me voice one concern about this year's cup, just from observing the teams. It seemed to me when I was creating my team, and now again when looking at this year's teams more closely, that this year it's much more "biased" towards certain teams' strength than the last year. As in, it seems to me like there's more "disparity" between the teams than there was last year. But since this is only my second year, maybe it's wrong personal impression.
I think part of that is the groups seem a touch easier to predict this year than last year...in that there is no apparent "Group of death" where 4 very good teams are jammed into 1 and only 2 make it out. And in order to avoid a lot of similar match-ups to last year, some teams needs to be rearranged and displaced.

Like in Group G...if Imladris was in another group (say D, E, or H) I'd give them a good consideration to advance...but stacked up in Group G I really don't see how they can contend with the others. With that said...I mean I'm having difficulty determining the rest of Group G because one of those teams will inevitably be left out.

And even the teams that I don't give serious consideration to qualifying (take The Barrow-Downs or Minas Tirith as examples) are still good enough to give a stellar effort in one single match that steals a point from one of the superior favorites...which can shake up the outcome of the rest of the group.

This isn't even to mention how I've already talked myself in circles to see at least 8 Championship winners this year...and several of them aren't even sure bets to advance to the playoffs. The two safest bets I see to advance are FC Valinor and AC Beleriand...but they also have weaknesses that once in the knock-out round could send them home without the title.

But more of all these confusing possibilities revolving in my head when TTN's groups analysis comes out (likely to come Wednesday and Thursday when I'm off and not having to manage the closing shift).

(Edit...heh crossed with the phantom)