Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2006, 02:50 PM   #241
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren

You can do what you like. If you don't want to go hunting down a remaining wolf, I think everyone's posts are general enough, we can say they all were driven off. Can't we?

-- Folwren

Well now I have posted what I think will be my final darker days post (3 posts after what I thought would be my last post.... ) I will do something with my Cir... he could use a walk even if he doesn't find a wuluf.....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Old 10-20-2006, 05:42 AM   #242
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I'm off for a bit, back on Tuesday. Mith you have free reign over my Cir if she's needed, otherwise let her sleep.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:08 PM   #243
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Sorry Kath, due to my Father's accident my online time will be curtailed for a while.. so don't wait for me if you want to get on.. just have Cir gone walkabout and he will expalin when he gets back..

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Old 11-07-2006, 08:56 PM   #244
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Does anyone want to claim the locket that Gable and the Sheriff are about to be asking about? If no one does, then I might put in another character. Unless, Forest Elf, you have something else in mind.

-- Folwren
Old 11-08-2006, 02:56 AM   #245
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

I couldn't pass up the opportunity after being away for so long. So here'e my character bio.

NAME: Lossefalme

RACE: Human

WEAPONS: A belt of finely crafted throwing daggers and a long sword

APPEARANCE: Very close to six feet. Lossefalme has auburn hair a fair ways down her back and because of it's weight it doesn't start to show it's natural waviness until half way down. Her eyes are amber brown. Her complexion is pale with a light smackering of freckles on her face and arms. She is often mistaken for being sad or angry, except when that is actually the case.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Lossefalme is very shy but quite the 'firecracker' once you get to know her. She knows actions speak louder than words but doesn't feel there's no point to a good conversation. She can be a little self conscious and doesn't keep eye contact too well with people she is unfamiliar with. A fierce fighter when the situation calls for, but relatively subdued and aloof to the casual observer.

HISTORY: Primarily raised by her mother, her father left her at a young age for reasons unknown. Her mother taught her to be strong both in mind and spirit. A close friend of the family was willing to teach her the basics and some of the finer details of swordplay. Lossefalme has always felt a strong connection with nature and doesn't miss the company of people very often. That's not to say she doesn't enjoy a hearty meal, the hearth a good story or conversation.

Last edited by Esgallhugwen; 11-08-2006 at 03:01 AM.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:29 PM   #246
Forest Elf
Haunting Spirit

Location: You say your hurting is over.. It feels like you're out of reach...
Forest Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
Does anyone want to claim the locket that Gable and the Sheriff are about to be asking about? If no one does, then I might put in another character. Unless, Forest Elf, you have something else in mind.

-- Folwren
Actually, Folwren, the locket is that of the injured pony's owner, who is still missing.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:16 AM   #247
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Elf
Actually, Folwren, the locket is that of the injured pony's owner, who is still missing.
Excellent. So, you are not expecting or hoping that someone in the Common Room will speak up? I just didn't want you and B&S left hanging with no one offering to take it.

-- Folwren
Old 11-19-2006, 07:45 PM   #248
ninja91
Shade of Carn Dûm

ninja91 has just left Hobbiton.
NAME: Tarathiel Caldorien

RACE: Elf of Mirkwood

WEAPONS: Gleaming longsword and longbow

APPEARANCE: Around 6 feet tall and average build for an elf, piercing eyes, black hair, and fast, quiet runner

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Tarathiel cannot stand orcs. (bad experience with them in the Mirkwood). Fascinated with the stars and the sea at night. Wishes to one day travel into the far east. Soft spot for music (not hobbit-tavern music, mind you). Tarathiel's fondest memory is stargazing at the Carrock with his friends who died in a raid 40 years before...

HISTORY: Son of Aleyir and Innovindil (^_^), trained in combat by uncle Rorluil.
The rider was robed all in black, and black was his lofty helm; yet this was no Ringwraith but a living man. The Lieutenant of the Tower of Barad-dûr he was, and his name is remembered in no tale; for he himself had forgotten it...

Last edited by ninja91; 11-20-2006 at 06:24 AM.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:52 AM   #249
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
ninja91

Please check your PM's.

~*~ Pio, shire Moderator
Old 11-20-2006, 11:41 AM   #250
ninja91
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sorry about that, Piosenniel .
I was getting caught up in my imagination, and Final Fantasy music was playing in my head...
The rider was robed all in black, and black was his lofty helm; yet this was no Ringwraith but a living man. The Lieutenant of the Tower of Barad-dûr he was, and his name is remembered in no tale; for he himself had forgotten it...
Old 11-21-2006, 03:26 PM   #251
ninja91
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sooooo...where do I go now?

I just filled out that character form...
Old 11-21-2006, 03:45 PM   #252
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Ninja:

Introduce your elven chap to the Golden Perch Inn thread. Breakfast is going on and little else. A young elven lady with an interesting and humorous hobbit sherriff is about to ask if anybody knows about a locket that she found in the stables. Enter the inn had have him say or do something. Look back a few posts to see where people are. Dick (my character), Cela (Firefoot's characte), Prim, and Will are in the kitchen. But everyone else, I think, is in the Common Room. You will be entering the common room from the main entrance and there are quite a few guests sitting around and talking.

Looking forward to seeing your post.

-- Folwren
Old 11-25-2006, 06:26 PM   #253
Slifer1988

NAME:Izmakiel

RACE: Man of numenorean descent, a dunedain ranger

WEAPONS: A longsword and an oak longbow.
APPEARANCE: He stands at about six feet tall and is clad in medium weight leather armour over which he wears a dark green shirt and trosers. He also wears a dark green travelling cloak which is faded from all of the dirt upon it.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: He looks grim yet underneath all of that dirt and grime he is a kind hearted fellow who only wishes to keep the shire safe from harm. He is proficient at archery and is a fair a swordsman yet his particular specialty lies in tracking. At this he is amazing. He can track and orc trail days old with the slightest sign. He is particularly afraid of trolls as he narrowly escaped his first encounter with one alive and trembles at the thought of them.

HISTORY: He has been training as a ranger since he was 10 years old. He grew up in bree and that is the area he is most regularly seen in..

Old 11-27-2006, 09:38 AM   #254
bill_n_sam
Animated Skeleton

bill_n_sam has just left Hobbiton.
That was short but I just wanted to take Rusty out of the action for a bit. I'm getting busy with some other things and won't have time to post here for a bit. I may be back though!
BS
Old 12-04-2006, 01:01 PM   #255
Mänwe
Shade of Carn Dûm

Mänwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Mänwe
Name:

Limaris Arahad

Race:

Human

Male

Weapons:

Longsword and Hunting bow and quiver, padded leather cuirass and braces.

Appearance:

5’ 11’’ of medium build, his face defined by a clear jaw line which ends in a rounded chin. His mouth is small, a full bottom lip and a shallow upper lip, darkened as is his skin by the weather and circled by a rough beard, which is flecked with white hairs below the middle of the bottom lip.

His nose is sharp and straight separating two eyes that appear sunken by the dark lines beneath his grey eyes and high cheekbones, topped with dark eyebrows, curled as they meet the nose; giving him a constant stern look.

His hair is short swept back at the sides and raised at the front, resembling a neatly cut topary tree and giving his face a slightly heart shaped appearance. All that is left to desribe are his ears, small and angled slightly backwards with attached earlobes.

All in all a stern rogueish appearance which often makes people uneasy, however this is broken when he smiles or laughs, for his grey eyes glitter and exude a calm and softened appearance. Beneath his padded armour are a light black cloth tunic and a grey woollen vest, his trousers are a dark green and he wears black leather moccasins on his feet.

Personality/Strengths/Weaknesses:

Being young he has still much skill to gain and consequently is his greatest weakness, though in the year with the Rangers he has been imparted with basic swordplay and has developed his skill as a bowman, whom he learnt from his father when he accompanied him on his journeys to Minas Tirith.

Most noticeably though is his tracking talent, mostly raw and unchanelled there is no doubt in the years to come he will become highly proficient at it. Although young he is not headstrong and does not rush into rash action, though quiet and watchful he does not shy from company or a good drink with other folk and enjoys good conversation. Though he becomes closed when asked about his father.

History:

He is of the House of Arahad, A Gondorian father Simaril who was a prominent blacksmith in a small village in southern Linhir near the mouth of the Anduin; they would make a visit to Minas Tirith to sell his work every four months. He has a Rohirric mother who worked as a tanner at Edoras who moved to Linhir when his father met her on a rare visit to Edoras.

His stern features are from his father and eyes from his mother. Limaris was 9 when his father was killed during the Battle of the Five Armies who had travelled there to be with his brother who was born in Dale. His mother Olwyn looked after him until the age of 17 when he ran from home to travel to Dale to visit the burial ground of his father. Returning 3 years later to his mother a hardened young man he imparted her with what money he had, and staying 8 months until the 18 of Forelithe 1354SR he left for Minas Tirith.

It had been his wish to become a Guard like his Grandfather. However upon arrival he was noticed for his skill in tracking, and a year later was on the borders of the Shire with a company of Rangers who were guarding its borders patrolling the Bounds in the South Farthing until it met the Brandywine.

Last edited by Mänwe; 12-04-2006 at 01:04 PM.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:47 PM   #256
Mänwe
Shade of Carn Dûm

And may I jump in, or should I wait for some guidance as to what has gone and what is happening before I do?
- (Letter #124 To Sir Stanley Unwin)
Old 12-04-2006, 04:38 PM   #257
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Manwe,

I just PMed you, but this is a more direct question that calls for another answer.

It's adviseable if you went and read a few of the latest posts in the game thread, but I can give you an outline of what is happening at present.

In the Common Room, breakfast is being served and people are sitting around and chatting while they eat. Ninja91 has a character who just came in and sat down by himself at a table, and Slifer has another character who did the same. There are also other random people about, but I don't know where their posters are. Let's see, Tevildo's character, Tollers, is running around somewhere, Anguirel has an interesting chap here, Envinyatar has a man called Jack in the Common Room, too, I think. Anywhere, there are several characters there, as I said...but as I also said, I'm not sure where their posters are.

My character, Dick, is in the kitchen, I think, but if you need him, he can come out when you call or enter.

Just go ahead and jump in now. Have your character enter and do whatever you want, so long as it fits properly in the game and with the rules.

-- Folwren
Old 12-05-2006, 02:16 PM   #258
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Ninja91,

Dick has approached your elf, Tarathiel Caldorien, and asked if he could be of any service to him.

-- Folwren
Old 12-07-2006, 10:52 AM   #259
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Bringing this forward:

Please remove your signature from EVERY post to the RPG thread - including SAVES.

Thanks!

-- Folwren
Old 12-07-2006, 06:07 PM   #260
Mänwe
Shade of Carn Dûm

I hope this post is in the correct format.

I've entered and am looking for a tankard of ale. Folwren I noticed that your character Dick was busy. I shall wait for someone to come out of the kitchen? Tollers.

I was wondering if i might hold Toller's or Dick at some point to a conversation? What do you think?

Thanks.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:01 PM   #261
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mänwe
I hope this post is in the correct format.

I've entered and am looking for a tankard of ale. Folwren I noticed that your character Dick was busy. I shall wait for someone to come out of the kitchen? Tollers.

I was wondering if i might hold Toller's or Dick at some point to a conversation? What do you think?
Manwe,

Shortly I shall be extricating Dick from the converstain betwixt the two rangers. Dick will see your characters entrance and come over to answer his call. I should have a post up this evening, providing the RotK movie playing in the next room doesn't distract me.

-- Folwren
Old 12-07-2006, 08:46 PM   #262
Mänwe
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tolkien

Folwren, splendid. I however will be departing now, it is 2:43am here..and I do have a 9am lecture tomorrow. So I should have a reply to you either late tomorrow, though probably the same time the day after so I have enough time to write a decent second post.

I apologise in advance if I do not always post here what i intend to do/discuss my own storyline, I have RP'ed before, but never used a discussion thread, it is quite strange!

Oh, and is there a description of Dick somewhere I might read? Thank you.

Last edited by Mänwe; 12-07-2006 at 08:49 PM.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:56 PM   #263
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

lol! Good grief, yes, go to bed. Reply when ever you get a chance and don't worry yourself.

And don't worry about discussing everything you plan to do here before you post it. Discussion threads are used in real RPGs more often than here because people are constantly interacting with other characters in more significant ways, and on the discussion thread, you can make sure everything is alright with the other writer before you write it.

And, yes, a description of Dick can be found if you go to page one of this discussion thread, find Pio's first post or so and hit the link that says Dick. That'll take you right to it.

-- Folwren
Old 12-10-2006, 12:36 AM   #264
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Here goes nothing.

Name:

Kuric Spearhead

77 years old

Race:

Dwarf of Dale

Male

Weapons:

Kuric makes a one handed mace his weapon of choice, though he is proficient at many blunt weapons and battle axes. He wields these implements of war with his left hand. He carries with him, as a matter of habit, some rather small and generally ineffective throwing axes. His garb is that of a fine mithril chain mail and is always wearing it, even during his sleep. On his right arm he employs a medium size buckler as a means of defense and occasionally using the spike as an offensive weapon. His left hand is now covered with spiked gloves.

Appearance:

Kuric is tall by Dwarvish standards, standing at a respectful 5'2" and nearly as broad as he is tall. He is barrel chested and his muscles are taut and well honed for combat. Kuric is not attractive even by dwarf standards and has many scars on his face and body and is missing a piece of his right ear. In addition to being unusual due to his height, Kuric also has fiery red hair and beard. Kuric's beard is getting quite long and due to his apathy concerning hygiene, his beard is unkempt, wiry and scraggily. His nose is crooked and large due to many breaks along with a noticeably unsymmetrical face. He has a large pronounced forehead with deep set eyes usually covered in their own shadow, if they are seen; however, they appear to be a deep blue hue. There is a depth to those eyes not easily forgotten by those few who have witnessed them.

Personality/Strengths/Weaknesses:

Kuric first and foremost loves adventure and wealth. He is neither a miner nor blacksmith, though he is capable at both as most dwarves are. This passion for adventure has led him over large portions of Middle-earth and is known in many different lands. He is strong, sturdy and hard. Socializing and building friendships have never come easy and he is generally viewed as discourteous, gruff, and rude. While he doesn't make friends easily he is as fine a traveling companion as can be had, unless he is crossed and then he will carry that grudge with him for decades or until the offender is dead. If a friendship is made, he is devoutly loyal and extremely giving, by his standards as he tends to be rather selfish and self-serving otherwise. Kuric has only a small amount of individuals whom he would consider friends; generally they are fellow adventures and have proven to be strong in battle. He is generally distrustful of elves though he has made a friend with one in the past. Of other races he prefers dwarves, for obvious reasons, and men.

He is strong as an ox and with his mace or other blunt weapons he usually inflicts massive amounts of damage to a foe, when they connect. He is a veteran warrior and has a great sense of battle tactics and maneuvers however, he is rather dim-witted otherwise. While his battle tactics are sound if he is sufficiently roused he will go into a rage and looses all sense of thought. He has been known to have others take advantage of him due to his less than optimal mental prowess.

A strange quirk of Kuric’s is that he utterly refuses to ever wear a traveling cloak. He will wear a pack but otherwise refuses to cover his mail, which he displays proudly.

History:

Kuric is originally one of Dain Ironfoot's people and has taken up residence in Dale, if his existence could be considered as taking up residence. His true home is on the road of adventure.

He derives his last name not from birth but from a certain battle. He had been disarmed and backed into a wall by a troll and without much hope of victory he propelled himself off the wall directly in the stomach of the troll, hoping to knock the troll down and simply get away. The force was so great that it caused sufficient internal damage so as to kill the troll.

Notably, he is a relation to Dain Ironfoot, though he is far enough removed that his claim to any future leadership is too distant to be probable.

Last edited by mormegil; 12-11-2006 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:24 AM   #265
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Excellent, Mormegil! It all looks good. I am definitely looking forward to your dwarfs entrance in the inn.

-- Folwren
Old 12-12-2006, 09:38 AM   #266
Mänwe
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tolkien Apologies

Folwren,

I apologise for not having posted yet and "holding" you character up with my own. I shall have the post done in the next hour or so, I hope this exceptable.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:30 AM   #267
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

No problems, Manwe. I understand entirely.

Excellent post. I'll try to get a reply up today sometime or other. I don't know when, I'm pretty busy here at work, but I'll try to write something.

-- Folwren
Old 12-15-2006, 05:41 PM   #268
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
Mormegil,

Great post!

My character Tollers is definitely going to be serving you (unless someone else gets there first), but it will likely be tomorrow morning when I get the actual post up. Fun to be writing with you!

Tevildo
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:29 PM   #269
Forest Elf
Haunting Spirit

Location: You say your hurting is over.. It feels like you're out of reach...
Forest Elf has just left Hobbiton.
I know that I haven't posted for awhile...it's been hard to get on and post. I tried to get on and post once, only to have my mom kick me off the pc and then have to leave for something. My sis had surgery yesterday, so I wasn't able to get on then, and I've been pretty busy today too...but I will be able to post tomorrow(a small break from the craziness).
Old 12-16-2006, 08:04 PM   #270
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Just to confirm, I don't believe there would be any problem in me mentioning Bilbo in my post, as I would be acquainted with the name at least.
Old 12-16-2006, 09:14 PM   #271
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

That should be fine, Mormegil, you're right. I'm pretty sure he would have herad from Bilbo, if he were from anywhere near the Lonely Mountain and Dale.

-- Foley
Old 12-17-2006, 09:47 AM   #272
Grok

Ok so I'm a little confused as to this whole format that seems to be operating here. I have roleplayed before, indeed I used to be a moderator on a site just for Tolkien roleplay. However I have never seen it set out in a format like this before and I'm finding it a little bewildering. Shall I just post a character up here and then post in the inn and see where it goes from there?

Old 12-17-2006, 09:50 AM   #273
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Grok, I'm fairly new to the RP world here but yes you make up a character using the general form found at the beginning of this thread and then introduce him/her at the inn. There are cetain character types that wouldn't be allowed in this setting such as orcs, southrons, etc...

I hope this is moderately helpful. Welcome to the downs.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:08 PM   #274
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

Grok

Welcome to the Downs!

Please check your PM's for some answers to your questions.

~*~ piosenniel (Pio), Shire moderator
Old 12-18-2006, 01:44 AM   #275
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
Mormegil, Folwren,

I have no idea what Tollers whispered in Dick's ear: the truth, a fabricated tale, or something in-between. Folwren -- feel free to play this any way you like (or to leave it alone). Mormegil -- don't know if your dwarf will accept such an offer. But if you do, I'd love to play one of those children! But then you are also totally free to back out or to try and ferret the truth out of your wily hobbit waiter....
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:50 AM   #276
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Sounds great! Kuric could use some obnoxious child to try and knock some sense into him. He's obviously not used to such company.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:27 AM   #277
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Teehee. Hilarious, Tevildo. I don't know when I'll write my next post (Manwe's turn is next, as Dick's talking with his character), but when he does write, I'll hopefully get a reply up pretty quick for Dick. I think what Tollers would say is that he's going to be giving the new dwarf a room. Should he tell him which one? If he does, Dick will remember who's in the next room, likely, and next chance he has he'll 'remind' Tollers....do you want that?

-- Folwren
Old 12-18-2006, 06:59 PM   #278
mormegil
Maundering Mage

So is there any need for me to wait for Folwren and Manwe to post or may I just continue?
Old 12-18-2006, 08:13 PM   #279
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

No, no, no. Don't wait for Manwe or me. You have no obligation to wait for anybody unless you are in discussion with him. That is...so long as you don't move time forward.

By the bye....are people still thinking it's morning? I guess it could be mid-morning by now...but I don't think it's too late in the day yet.

-- Foley
Old 12-19-2006, 02:16 AM   #280
Mänwe
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tolkien

What splendid goings on! A question to you Folwren, have you had Dick recognise Limaris as a Ranger? If so then fine (I was hoping he might), it means I have partly failed my intended mission, but do you think you would be able to hide this fact from Limaris.

And if you have not then even better! I've not failed.