The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-05-2005, 03:37 PM   #81
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
A defence of Kath and morm, though they don't need it

I'm going to defend Kath and morm here. I am not associating myself with either, and do not wish to be seen to be doing so, but these are my thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morm
However I do find it disconcerting how willing Kath was to jump on that bandwagon and then dissapear after I mention the connection.
She does need to sleep, y'know. She's British.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna
Morm says he'll give Gil the benefit of the doubt and that "he is an inexperienced innocent" and then it turns out Gil (the first that is) really was an innocent. Maybe Morm was telling the truth and thought Gil was innocent. Or maybe he knew something the rest of us didn't. This could all be a coinedence or Morm just slipped in his keeping his identity a secret.
Complete speculation, m'dear. Each of us is (or at least should be) accusing and defending a myriad of other villagers. If he continues to have such a success rate discerning innocents from wolves, perhaps I will be suspicious. Not so for one person.

Quote:
I'm also curious about TGWBS and Morm being the first (and with amazing speed) to respond to Oddwen's death. But once again that doesn't actually mean anything. But the cross post was interesting...
It's easy for me to do so, as my internet time corresponds neatly with the start of Day. Also, there is about an hour's notice before the start of Day in the noticeboard thread.

And now, I must sleep. A nap is good for the nose, they say, and I'll be needing mine to sniff out the werewolves amongst us.

*eats a Shortie snack and leaves*
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 04:02 PM   #82
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
Holbytlass - seemed to be doing a pretty good job of deflecting accusations in other ways when she was accused. This does not necessarily indicate a wolf, but her posts don't sit right with me. I'm teeter-tottering on whether I think she is a wolf or not.

And I will still maintain that it doesn't make sense for a wolf to kill a) someone who directly implied their guilt during the day or b) someone the wolf accused of being guilty that day.
The only major accusation I received was from Gil1, and it was easy to deflect his reasoning of the vote for me because it was not correct or made sense.
Any other 'deflecting' isn't because, for instance, Firefoot's suspicions of me are based on how she doesn't necessarily like how I post. There's not alot I can do about that.

I voted early on for Gil1 and most people might agree with me that he brought it upon himself. I was and still am innocent.

I do agree with Firefoot's second quoted statement. At this stage wolves most likely will not kill someone who is tied to them in accustions, suspicions or votes.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:05 PM   #83
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holbytlass
it was not correct or made sense..
a little bit Presumptious eh Holbytlass?
Old 07-05-2005, 04:12 PM   #84
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
As I have already explained, the defence I gave of myself (taking the wounded innocent approach) was due to inexperience. Yesterday we lynched an innocent because of behavior that (as far as I can tell) stemmed from inexperience. Let's not make the same mistake twice. tgwbs, your suspicions of me seem to have no basis other than that Durelin disagreed with Firefoot's gut instinct about me. Frankly, I disagree with Durelin's opinion. My first post was indeed suspicious, but as I've said before, that was due to nothing more than inexperience and a love of theatrics. I'm shy in real life, so online it's fun to get to be dramatic once in a while.

I really have no idea why anybody would want to kill Oddwen, as she didn't really seem to be much of a threat. She didn't even vote, after all.

Edit: Cross posted with Gil and Holbytlass

Last edited by Orominuialwen; 07-05-2005 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Spelling
Orominuialwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 04:14 PM   #85
Gil-Galad

Gil-Galad^2 (Gil-Galad squared)

i agree with Orom, were al lgetting riled up at each other that if one of us dies we all go and convict the person that was lashing at us most, the werewolf is smarter then we think...

Last edited by Gil-Galad; 07-05-2005 at 04:17 PM.
Gil-Galad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 04:14 PM   #86
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short

Quote:
Originally Posted by durelin
Concerning suspicions about Firefoot, she strangely voted for Oro

Strangely? A strange vote for Oro? I see defensive language. This support seems like some sort of alliance. I'm most tempted to believe in a Oro/durelin wolvish alliance, with Kitanna possibly on the side.
I said 'strangely' because she gave few reasons, and still does. I am ready to pull apart any baseless argument, because voting for the lynching of an innocent person is as much a deterrment to us villagers as the murdering of an innocent person by the wolves is.

But anyway. I see I'm becoming *suspicious*. Notice, of course, that they only people who say I'm suspicious are those who I said were suspicious. A vicious circle it is.

Now, if all of you are saying Oro is suspicious, then let's collect the evidence so far why.

First of all, she's been faily inactive. So has Nilp. Second, she's taken on a 'wounded innocent approach'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orominuialwen
Only a wolf would call such a weak defense as mine subtle.
Kinda a weak defense, and she has been pretty defensive from the start.

Quote:
I think we shound watch Feanor, but to vote for her today would be rediculous, as Gil-Galad already seems headed for the noose. He seems rather suspicious to me, so I believe I will cast my vote in that direction too. ++ Gil-Galad

Going with the crowd like them could point to guilt or innocence. Depends on how you read it.

Now, let's see...I haven't looked too closely at Holbytlass or Nilp or Feanor, or Gil-galad2, for that matter.

First, let's start with Holbytlass. She's been pretty straightforward in most of her posts, though she's been a little defensive...though really everyone has, I suppose, to varying degrees. But, both her and Feanor went with the crowd and voted for Gil-galad, who we now know to be innocent. Nilp just hasn't been around, so...guilty silence or innocent silence?

Unfortunately I'm a little short on time... But I'm going to have to vote very soon, as I will, unfortunately, be absent much of tomorrow.

edit: cross-posted with several people...
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 04:21 PM   #87
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
Complete speculation, m'dear. Each of us is (or at least should be) accusing and defending a myriad of other villagers. If he continues to have such a success rate discerning innocents from wolves, perhaps I will be suspicious. Not so for one person.
Yes it is complete speculation. But I have a bad feeling about Morm, one which I can't quite explain. It was probably a coinedence, but I'm still watching him a little closer now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGWBS
It's easy for me to do so, as my internet time corresponds neatly with the start of Day. Also, there is about an hour's notice before the start of Day in the noticeboard thread.
I didn't even think of that. I forget sometimes about everyone being on different times. It certainly explains people being absent.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:52 PM   #88
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm feeling quite pressured...I'm going to have to vote soon, because I will be absent all of tomorrow (surprise trip that I thought wasn't until thursday).

So...Oro, I, and Holbytlass seem to be getting some suspicion...Kitanna a little, mormegil a little... Really, everyone's suggested almost everyone. When you don't know who your enemies or allies are, I guess that's how things work. And for the wolves...the chaos is most likely most rewarding.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:59 PM   #89
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I know that I don't have a lot of evidence, cf.:
Quote:
All of this is slim evidence. In fact, I doubt I'd be convinced if someone else wrote this.
I'm just going with what I have, which obviously isn't a lot.

My suspicions still stand, to a greater or lesser extent. I'm becoming watchful of Durelin (not suspicious, watchful), and I probably suspect Kitanna the most right now. I'm sort of flagging on Oro and Holbytlass.

Right now I'm looking a little closer at the voting of yesterday. Using Morm's list:

Mormegil voted Kath - If Morm is a wolf, Kath is almost definitely not. A wolf would not vote for another wolf right off the bat; there are too many different ways the vote could go.

Gil-Galad(1) voted Holbytlass - Gil1 was innocent, but ungifted. Holbytlass could be either guilty or innocent based on this.

Firefoot voted Orominualwen - You can draw your own conclusions. I've already explained this.

Feanor voted Gil-Galad - Voted for a known innocent; Fea could be a wolf, though at this point I don't think a wolf would be the first person to vote for a given person.

Holbytlass voted Gil-Galad - 2nd person to vote for a known innocent. If she were a wolf, Gil would make the most sense: he already has a vote, will probably get more votes, but she couldn't be accused of bandwaggoning. But she could also be an innocent - it would have been consistent, as she had had her eye on Gil all Day.

TGWBS voted Gil-Galad - This would be a pretty good time for a wolf to vote, and the right candidate. (However, I don't think he is guilty due to Criteria B) above)

Kitanna voted Gil-Galad - If Kitanna voted for Gil, it would be half the total votes needed for Gil to go to the noose. I'm not sure that a wolf would vote for an innocent heading for the noose at this point. It seems more likely to me that a wolf at this point would vote for an innocent already voted for.

Kath voted Orominualwen - This seems to be the most suspicious vote of all. This follows the pattern stated above. She could still be an innocent who was unconvinced of Gil's guilt, but I am unsure. My eye is on Kath now, as well.

Orominualwen voted Gil-Galad - About the same analysis as Kitanna's vote.

Did not voters - I don't think a lot of information can be picked up here. They could be innocent just as easily as guilty.

I'm not sure how much conclusive evidence can be picked up from Day 1's voting at this point. It was pretty blind on the part of the innocents, and we don't know enough about the wolves' styles to pick them out.

Last edited by Firefoot; 07-05-2005 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Spelling...
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 05:05 PM   #90
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Well, I'm going with ++Kath.

I read through Firefoot's post, and that made me realize a few things. And I find that how she seems to go along with varying people to be strange.

Sorry to have such a quick vote, but no vote is not an option, is it.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:50 PM   #91
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

At this early stage of suspicions and accusations, I think we ought to work our way backwards, going after the 'quiet' ones first. They leave very little to work with especially at the crucial end time and those who don't participate at all, I'm not thrilled about possibly getting executed. Besides, maybe this would encourage more from them and their thoughts and we'd have better ideas on where people stand.

At this point I'm looking closely at Kittana, Firefoot and Adam (Nilp).

Last edited by Holbytlass; 07-05-2005 at 05:56 PM.
Holbytlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 06:10 PM   #92
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Unfortunately I was busier today than normal at work so I wasn't able to post some of my thoughts. I want to expand on my list of who voted for who by giving what I perceived to be their reason, either explicitly stated or inferred from what was said in that and previous posts.

Mormegil at the time of my vote I was highly suspicious of both Kath and Gil1. They seemed to be working together but keeping it subtle as wolves would do. It did cross my mind that they were possibly a hunter/guardian combo but I figure those who are the h/g combo would be much more subtle and avoid each other at this early stage. So it seemed more than likely that they were wolves. While Gil's behavior was suspicious (obviously) I gave him the benefit of my doubt about it and would rather attribute his behavior to being a wolf. But, Kath I just couldn't see doing that. But with Gil's unfortunate death and being proven innocent my suspicions have been somewhat diminished of Kath.

Gil1 Voted Holbytlass???? I still haven't figured out why? Again inexperience? That my only thought.

Firefoot Has suspected Oro since early on and voted for her based on the "wounded me" approach. Also Firefoot has given some insightful post up to this point. Probably not guilty

Feanor Never know what to make of her. First to vote for Gil1...he was highly suspicious...but innocent. Stated her reason for her vote was Gil's notorious quick change in a vote. Truth be known I may have changed my vote for Gil had I been around to see that change myself. She's hard to read with being so loud and all however I feel that if she were a wolf she'd be a bit less vocal...probably not guilty

Holbytlass Same as Feanor. Voted for Gil based on his quick change. Could have been a knee-jerk reaction but I don't see that in her. Probably innocent.

TGWBS In a third and fairly important vote he voted Gil1. He voiced his suspicions early and then waited to vote. He said in post 62

Quote:
Well, others have taken the lead in voting for ++GIL GALAD. He appeared most suspicious to me out of The Three anyway, so there it is.
It might be nothing at all but is seems to me that he was waiting for somebody else to do that so he wouldn't have to be first. Granted you spoke against him but your choice of words and timing seem suspicious to me. My feelings and logic dictate that we watch him more carefully he's smooth and expert in these matters. He's not to be taken lightly. Probably guilty

Kitanna Voted Gil on the quick change but her vote basically assured death. Could be innocent enough but a couple of other things bothered me about her. On the first day in post 24 she seems to piggyback on Holbytlass. She spoke regularly but added little (see post 7 and 29) Seems to me that this behavior is becoming of a wolf. Post often but don't really contribute. Most likely guilty

Kath Voted Oro following Firefoot's explination. My doubt, as stated, is diminished some due to the crushing of the Gil1/Kath alliance suspicion I had. She could have been piggybacking on Gil but I'm not sure. She bears watching. Possibly guilty

Oro Voted Gil and was virtually the nail in his coffin (which he seemed to break out of ) based on the reason that others gave...quick reaction. Is the 5th vote more or less suspicious than the 3rd or 4th? Not sure. I'd like to hear more from her and other that are quiet to conclude but possibly guilty.

Speaking of quiet ones those who don't vote garner much suspicion from me. I don't think we are doing enough looking at those who don't speak. It seems ideal for a wolf to not vote on day one and remain quiet all day while we make up excuses for them why they couldn't be here. *Nilp I'm looking at you**

Edit: cross post with Holby (this took a long time to type on my laptop) But I'm glad others are suspicious of the quiet group as well. Us loud mouths are being too good a shield for them.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:47 PM   #93
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Maybe Morm was telling the truth and thought Gil was innocent. Or maybe he knew something the rest of us didn't. This could all be a coincedence or Morm just slipped in his keeping his identity a secret.
Fea's a wolf! Lynch her now while you still have the chance! Now that's a slip. Morm, on the other hand, seems just to have been pointing out the obvious: Gil's inexperienced and just happened to be a little exhuberant. It happens to everyone. I'm not saying that Morm's innocent, because I'm learning to trust other people's gut instincts, but this particular comment seems innocent enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil
the werewolf is smarter then we think...
You sound so certain. If you'd be so kind, I'd love to hear your thoughts on wolf strategy. You've got a unique perspective, seeing as how you've already been dead once. I hear it's very liberating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
...Feanor went with the crowd and voted for Gil-galad
Yes... about that... First and foremost, sorry Gil. I have to admit that I should have known better: loud mouth does not a guilty conscience make. Secondly, I don't "go with the crowd". I dance to my own tune. I seem to have memories of voting early in order to slink off to my Independence Day celebrations (still trying to get my hearing back in my right ear, if anyone's interested). How is it band-wagoning to cast your suspicions, vote for the one who seems most guilty, and run off due to RL events? I apologize in advance that I cannot guarantee as much time for this game as all of you, but you have to remember that I was pulled in at very short notice and already had several things in my schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
Feanor voted Gil-Galad - Voted for a known innocent
If you'll remember, Firefoot, Gil wasn't a known innocent at the time. Unless you knew it and that was a slip of the tongue? No, I'm kidding. Quite honestly, I have very little suspicion of you. I mean... sure there's some, because you're so darned organized, but that's just jealousy, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holby
At this point I'm looking closely at Kittana, Firefoot and Adam (Nilp).
Holby, you consider Firefoot to be one of the "quiet ones"? She's spoken more than you have, so what does that say about you? Not accusing you, mind, just something that caught my eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morm
My feelings and logic dictate that we watch [TGWBS] more carefully he's smooth and expert in these matters. He's not to be taken lightly. Probably guilty
I disagree with you, Morm. I'm not sure why, but I doubt his guilt. I'd hate to see him lynched just because he's smart. Heck, we can use intelligence like his on this sort of mission... quest... thing. While I do think he bears quite a lot of watching, because he could so easily be tricking us, I don't see him as a threat right now. No doubt that will change, as I'm just a fickle wee lass who gets ideas from the smallest comments, but... you know... I'm just like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morm
Us loud mouths are being too good a shield for them.
I finally agree with you! I say that we "loud mouths" back off to let the quiet ones do some work. It would be entirely too easy for a wolf to sit in the shadows and watch us argue. I can so vividly picture the lot of them (four!?!? We're screwed.) laughing at us as we bicker.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:50 PM   #94
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
Kitanna Voted Gil on the quick change but her vote basically assured death. Could be innocent enough but a couple of other things bothered me about her. On the first day in post 24 she seems to piggyback on Holbytlass. She spoke regularly but added little (see post 7 and 29) Seems to me that this behavior is becoming of a wolf. Post often but don't really contribute. Most likely guilty

Speaking of quiet ones those who don't vote garner much suspicion from me. I don't think we are doing enough looking at those who don't speak. It seems ideal for a wolf to not vote on day one and remain quiet all day while we make up excuses for them why they couldn't be here. *Nilp I'm looking at you**
Mormegil beat me to it. I came up with the same with Kittana. And Adam (Nilp) for being 'quiet'.
I'm still looking at Firefoot just to be sure I'm not being suspicious of her just because she is of me.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:20 PM   #95
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I like how everyone thinks I piggyback (ok, that's pretty true) and that that's wolfish behavior, but what none of you know is that I'm a complete and utter moron! Yes that's right, a moron.
But I do want to say I voted for the first Gil-Galad because I truly thought he was guilty. And I was wrong as were a number of other people. So you can all say I went with the crowd if you want, but I know why I voted for him.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:33 PM   #96
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I would like to say a bit on the quiet ones who did not vote at all.

Oddwen--innocent! No need for comment

Durelin--Fairly long post just one though on day one. Seemingly attempting to rectify that on day two. Was it a wolvish strategy that she realized wasn't working or an innocent strategy? Either way it's good to have her talking more. Her sudden change to Kath is a bit disconcerting to me though. She said that Firefoot's post convinced her but previously didn't mention Kath. I enjoyed Firefoot's post and found it helpful but I don't think it was sufficiently convincing to make somebody do a 180 degree turn like it did for Durelin. (maybe not a full 180 but a drastic turn nonetheless.) A probable wolf

Nilp--Only one minor post of absolutely no significance. I hate to think somebody guilty due to this but it's difficult not to. At a minimum it's annoying to those of us trying our hardest to catch a wolf when there's behavior like this. Possibly innocent but not enough info to tell with any certainty either way.

Sophia/Gil2--Really nothing to be said yet except what he's said today. Nothing of any real substance though, just quick posts with nothing really to glean from it...but can we glean anything from that...probably not but I would like to hear more of actual substance from him.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:39 PM   #97
Gil-Galad

Werewolf strategy

Scapecoats: If i were a werewolf i would dwindle a majority of the villagers so they have no power to act out againest them

more next class
Old 07-05-2005, 07:47 PM   #98
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Quote:
If you'll remember, Firefoot, Gil wasn't a known innocent at the time.
I know, I'm writing with my 20/20 hindsight. At least, some of it is 20/20. Seriously, though, anytime I say "known innocent" or "proven innocent," it is on what we know currently. I think you already understood that, though.
Quote:
you're so darned organized
Heh, I'm good at making lists but it doesn't organize my mind very well...

Quote:
He's not to be taken lightly. Probably guilty
I agree with Morm that TGWBS is not to be taken lightly; I, however, am leaning towards his innocence.
Quote:
She's hard to read with being so loud and all however I feel that if she were a wolf she'd be a bit less vocal
Now here's what would be suspicious: a quiet Fea. No, no, the best way for a wolf to act is how they normally act. While I am leaning towards Fea's innocence, it's not because she's not being quiet(er).

Concerning quiet vs. loud: wolves can come from either end of the spectrum. Our only real "quiet ones" are Oro (3 posts) and Nilp (1 post). What we really need to look at, though, is what people are saying. If Nilp's 1 post was really informative and comprehensive, I would look less at him. (I'm not exactly suspicious of him, but my theory of this is "Guilty until convinced otherwise." ) So, looking at the quality of people's posting:

There is a lack of substance in the posts of Gil-Galad and Nilp.

There is middling substance in the posts of Oro, Holbytlass, Kitanna, and Kath.

There is good substance in the posts of Fea, TGWBS, Morm, and Durelin (and I'll throw myself in here).

Definitions (so there is no confusion):
Lack of substance - Very few or no suspicions cast (esp. toDay); no real logical thinking.

Middling substance - These people give voice to suspicions, though not always with reasons. Some commenting on what has happened, though not always what they think of it.

Good substance - Give voice to suspicions and provide at least some back up. Make logical comments about what is going on and what they think about it. Generally provide lists and/or explanations.

My guess is that 2 or 3 of our wolves will come from the first two categories, but we probably have at least one wolf in the last category.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:49 PM   #99
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
Holby, you consider Firefoot to be one of the "quiet ones"? She's spoken more than you have, so what does that say about you? Not accusing you, mind, just something that caught my eye.
I didn't see this post till now, it had slipped in between my typing and posting.
I don't consider Firefoot a 'quiet' one, I had put forth my idea of wolf hunting, and then I wanted to be sure to give my own thoughts on who I was looking at. It happened to blend together.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:57 PM   #100
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad
Werewolf strategy

Scapecoats: If i were a werewolf i would dwindle a majority of the villagers so they have no power to act out againest them

more next class
Not 101 that would be remedial wolf strategy at best or possible prewerewolf school lesson 1

Please Gil give us something of substance. We all seem to be getting weary of those who aren't contributing much by way of substance and I'd hate to have my suspicions of you based on that alone. What I'm saying is that I don't find you suspicious because you haven't said anything yet but that will not last too long if it continues thusly.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:17 PM   #101
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

My assessments of Adam (Nilp), Kittana and Firefoot

Adam-nonexistent, I'd vote for him now just to be done, however, we do have about 14 hours and he may be on different cycle

Kittana- innocent and just new at this or a wolf hiding behind being new

Firefoot-loves to make lists. not suspicious of her except I'll kick myself if she's a wolf hiding behind those lists.

That's the order I'd vote.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:53 PM   #102
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe Oh, great.

Quote:
Nilp just hasn't been around, so...guilty silence or innocent silence? (Durelin)
Quote:
Nilp--Only one minor post of absolutely no significance . . . At a minimum it's annoying to those of us trying our hardest to catch a wolf when there's behavior like this. (morm)
I see I'm suspicious just because I am physically unable to sustain myself in this place. Well, if you knew the reasons for that trickle of substance you saw in my first post, ummm . . . you'll know.

I have little time. You have to realise I'm living in a Third-World Asian country situated on the other side of the world that's teethering on the edge of civil war. Plus my host body is a student. Them Filipinos have to study their Latin and German, too.

I have to post so I don't get killed by some absence rule. But I had no idea what to post. I find little to say on DAY 1 (unless something utterly controversial is put forth, like what happened on my host's game). So, I said the obvious. I'm Adam. I'm playing, not Nilp.

Now, you thirst for substance from the grouchy distant alter-ego? You'll get it, as soon as I finish my analysis. It's out of habit for me to point fingers without evidence. Be back in about four hours.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 03:11 AM   #103
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
Durelin--Fairly long post just one though on day one. Seemingly attempting to rectify that on day two. Was it a wolvish strategy that she realized wasn't working or an innocent strategy? Either way it's good to have her talking more. Her sudden change to Kath is a bit disconcerting to me though. She said that Firefoot's post convinced her but previously didn't mention Kath. I enjoyed Firefoot's post and found it helpful but I don't think it was sufficiently convincing to make somebody do a 180 degree turn like it did for Durelin. (maybe not a full 180 but a drastic turn nonetheless.) A probable wolf
So maybe I'm blood-thirsty, fanged, hairy, I have fleas (you might be right about that one), and I've been enjoying killing people and frightening you all the past couple nights. Maybe I like seeing you people worked up. Maybe I moonlight as a completely different person (literally) and do horrendous things like egg people's houses and tp their beautiful green lawns, while sometimes leaving bloodied corpses among the grass.

Maybe, or maybe not.

I'll leave you to decide. Now, it's off the the beach with me. I'm very sad to miss the rest of the day's procedings, and my probable sentencing to death. Yes, I know, I'm horribly pessimistic.

O untimely death, death!

-Durelin
Old 07-06-2005, 04:49 AM   #104
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
So maybe I'm blood-thirsty, fanged, hairy, I have fleas (you might be right about that one), and I've been enjoying killing people and frightening you all the past couple nights. Maybe I like seeing you people worked up. Maybe I moonlight as a completely different person (literally) and do horrendous things like egg people's houses and tp their beautiful green lawns, while sometimes leaving bloodied corpses among the grass.

Maybe, or maybe not.

I'll leave you to decide. Now, it's off the the beach with me. I'm very sad to miss the rest of the day's procedings, and my probable sentencing to death. Yes, I know, I'm horribly pessimistic.

O untimely death, death!

-Durelin
I seem to have struck a nerve on this one. I'm not sure what to make of this approach to a defense. I was really hoping for an explination as to why she made such a drastic change. What I get is a "tragic" bemoaning of her woeful fate. It seems to me that in the absence of a good defense Durelin choose to take the "poor me" approach, appealing to our sympathy. I find it hard to give any when two innocents have been slaughtered by wolves and one has been killed by us. With four wolves on the prowl we need to bag one today to even out the odds. With this response from Durelin I'm becoming greatly more suspicious of her.

As for Nilp/Adam. I understand your problems and all. What I would ask is when you do have that limited time...please post something of substance. You could very well be innocent but without something to base that on I fear that we are assuming guilty.

If my timeline is correct we still have about 7 hours to go before our deadline. I will wait a little while to see if my mind changes but right now I think I am going to be voting Durelin.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:50 AM   #105
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

A defence of myself and more accusations

There are two real comments I wish to respond too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oro
tgwbs, your suspicions of me seem to have no basis other than that Durelin disagreed with Firefoot's gut instinct about me
The quietness. The lack of substance in posts. I see an under-the-radar strategy here. However, I'm a little less sure of you than I was before, and a little more sure of Kitanna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morm
It might be nothing at all but is seems to me that he was waiting for somebody else to do that so he wouldn't have to be first. Granted you spoke against him but your choice of words and timing seem suspicious to me. My feelings and logic dictate that we watch him more carefully he's smooth and expert in these matters. He's not to be taken lightly. Probably guilty
Of course I was waiting. I needed to see if others agreed or not, I needed to gague whether the time was right, whether my arguments were persuasive enough. In short, I needed to be sure the little evidence we had was persuasive enough, and it was (though we ended up killing an innocent). I don't like to waste my vote.

I am hardly expert in these matters, having been in but one werewolf-inhabited village before, and quickly slain (though I have risen again).

I am not to be taken lightly.

I am innocent.

Not, Kitanna has grabbed my eye - she's garnering a lot of suspicion. I want to lynch:

Oro OR durelin OR Kitanna.

I would like to see what people think about these three, and which one the majority find most likely to be guilty, before voting.

Edit: Ooh, I forgot old Nilpy. Add him to the list, will ya?

Edit II: Of the four, I am most inclined to lynch durelin now, followed by Kitanna, Oro, Nilp. Thoughts?

Edit III: I'm inclined not to kill G-G for lck of substance. I believe one of our original reasons for lynching him was his lack of substance and generally Gil-Galadness, and fear doing so again would simply repeat the mistake.

Last edited by the guy who be short; 07-06-2005 at 04:56 AM.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:41 AM   #106
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Quote:
Of the four, I am most inclined to lynch durelin now, followed by Kitanna, Oro, Nilp. Thoughts?
I think I'm feeling more inclined to lynch Kitanna first and go from there. However, Durelin's newest post has me intrigued - Morm is right that it has a very different, drastic tone to it that her other posts have not. I'm not sure what to think of that.

And at this point I am leaning away from Nilp's guilt. I am thinking that our wolves (at least three of them) will come from the list of Durelin, Kitanna, Oro, Gil, Kath, and Holbytlass.
Quote:
I'm inclined not to kill G-G for lck of substance. I believe one of our original reasons for lynching him was his lack of substance and generally Gil-Galadness, and fear doing so again would simply repeat the mistake.
I don't really know if I agree or not. There are other people higher on my list than Gil right now, and I doubt he will go today. However, I wish he would give us something to go on. At least on Day 1 we knew where he was at. It is this change that has me worried.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:27 AM   #107
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe Substantial?

Quote:
As for Nilp/Adam. I understand your problems and all. What I would ask is when you do have that limited time...please post something of substance. You could very well be innocent but without something to base that on I fear that we are assuming guilty. (morm)
You're lucky you're not playing with my host, Nilp, for he does worse than post without substance. But I guess each to one's own.

But I think I see something here. You want more loudmouths to hide your hide. Perhaps your brush with suspicion yesterday unnerved you, so you need to confuse the innocent populace, to throw them off track. You need more of us here adding our own little suspicions to the pot. I'm looking closely at you, but not enough to merit my vote yet.

Now, the new Gil-galad's lack of substance is different from yesterday's. As Firefoot said, he gives nothing now--no suspicions, no accusions, no vengeance for those responsible for his death yesterday, no nothing. If I did not know better, I'll say Sophia was a wolf, who, sadly, was unable to play. So Mithalwen gave her seat to Gil, which will make him a werewolf. He's now posting in such a way in an effort to hide his new role.

The way the guy bunched together Sophia, me, and Oddwen gives credence to what I just said. I know I am innocent, but you'll be the judge of that. Oddwen was proven innocent. Now, if one (or two!) of the people in those list were to die and be proven innocent, that would leave the last one with a good alibi. I'm looking at the guy closely now, too.

I remain little convinced by what I posted myself, so I'll just for the one who's existence is most unnatural:

++Gil-galad

Sorry, chap. But dead bats shouldn't come back to life the next day (unless a certain cat gave you one of her nine lives, but I doubt that.)
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 06:30 AM   #108
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I only have an hour or so to vote. I'm glad we're working our way back. I'd be glad to vote for Kittana or Duerlin, but I'd like to know which one we're going for.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:41 AM   #109
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Well, if people have pressing demands, they should vote now. Holbytlass, I'd prefer to vote durelin, and Firefoot (I think) would prefer Kitanna. I'm not hugely bothered, though. Kitanna probably has more suspicion behind her, so

++Kitanna.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:49 AM   #110
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Time check:

Five hours to go.

Stats:

Werewolves 4
Villagers : 7 (including, seer, guardian and hunter).

Vote wisely!!!!! (Or this could be a very short game).

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 06:49 AM   #111
Gil-Galad

...The new Gil-Galad is playing for Sophia, so basically i'm almost a new character with no connection to the old one, so your reasons are incorect because its a different person, besides i don't want to voice too much as i did before, cause i got killed, so why would i do it again and get killed again? pretty stupid if yo uask me and i'm not stupid...

I'll have to agree with TGWBS on this one, Kitanna is gaining much suspicion and is beginning to lose my beleif that she is innocent, i beleive Durelin is innocent...so no hard feelings Kitanna

++Kitanna
Old 07-06-2005, 06:57 AM   #112
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I realise I haven't been around much today and for that I apologise but RL illness kept me from appearing this morning when I might have had a chance. This is also why this post is short with little explanation. I will give reasons for everyhting I've been accused of tomorrow (if I'm still alive!). I see that Durelin has voted for me. A move which I find odd as reading back over today she hasn't been suspicious of me once. She hadn't mentioned me once in fact.

However, regardless of that and my earlier suspicion of her, I find myself leaning more towards Kitanna's guilt. Also, with a tie anyone of us could end up lynched so I will go with ++Kitanna partly because I feel she is guilty and partly because I would prefer an outright and chosen person to die rather than someone picked at random who is more likely to be innocent.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:58 AM   #113
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

++kittana
Old 07-06-2005, 07:03 AM   #114
Gil-Galad

so far:

Gil-Galad:1

Kitanna:4
Old 07-06-2005, 07:15 AM   #115
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

I'm going to go ahead and vote for ++Kitanna.

I really do hope she is a werewolf... if not, the score tomorrow will be 5-4 , and if the werewolves should pick the hunter and the hunter chooses wrong, we're all done for... So, seer, if you happen to know about Kitanna, now would be a good time to let us know (otherwise don't say anything).

I really hope this isn't a mistake...
Old 07-06-2005, 07:20 AM   #116
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

I would ask the Seer to subtly indicate who they know to be guilty and who they know to be innocent for later examination. Unfortunately, this would make them stand out to the wolves. The Seer must do what they think is wise.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:39 AM   #117
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holbytlass
I'd be glad to vote for Kittana or Duerlin, but I'd like to know which one we're going for.
Do my eyes deceive me entirely? Are we actually plotting out a bandwagon approach? Do you people realize that with bandwagoning as the accepted option, that nobody's vote can seriously be taken as hard evidence? If we all vote the same, wolves can hide. Or was that your plan, Holby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mormegil
However, your intricate knowledge of people character is a bit disconcerting to me. You seem to know many of us too well for my liking. As if you know who's guilty and who's innocent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holby
That I would "know many of us too well" for your liking points to me hitting a nerve.
I did not see that at all. Let me explain: in your prior post, you had revealed the characterizations of several players. I certainly did not pick up on all of them, and I was impressed. Perhaps t'was the same with Morm, eh? Saying "knowledge of people character" was something that I assumed meant characterization, not role. As for the direct challenge, it was day one, and none of us actually knew what we were talking about (save the wolves, as that's a given). Your response, however, seemed to me somewhat more offensive (as in opposite of defense) than was directly called for.

Holby voted for Gil-galad1 on what was publicly explained as NOT being a knee-jerk reaction, but if you look at her post, she only voted for him after

Quote:
the evidence (that we do have) against Gil-Galad that TGWBS and Feanor has pointed out gives credit to the gut feelings I've been having
This could easily be a knee-jerk reaction coupled with a bandwagoning. Or, of course, there is the option that I'm dead wrong and she's an innocent and I'm seeing "evidence" where it doesn't exist. It could happen.

One other thing that got me was her response to Oddwen. Oddy said that "nothing is definate" about Holbytlass. This was just a boring comment saying that she wasn't particularly suspicious. Holby jumped at it as a chance to declare her innocence once again: "I'm definately not lupine", or something along those lines. It just struck me as odd... It's not like Oddy was accusing her. And then Oddwen died. In a very disturbing way. I'll never look at high powered explosives the same way again. *shudder*

Any how... All of my "evidence" is shoddy. I know that. I'm just trying to qualify the creepy feeling I got when I saw that Holby is so willing to go along with the crowd. On the plus side, now you've all seen my evidence and can point out where I went wrong with it. Or you can get even more suspicous because of it.

Think of it though... Holby is one of the fairly quiet ones that she suspects herself! Also, she doesn't ever make the first move. She waits to see who people suspect, and latches onto the cause. She was one of the "early" voters for Gil, helping cement his first death, and after she got all defensive against Oddwen for an innocent comment, Oddy died. Take from it what you will, but today's vote for me must go to ++Holby.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:59 AM   #118
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
I disagree with you, Morm. I'm not sure why, but I doubt his guilt. I'd hate to see him lynched just because he's smart. Heck, we can use intelligence like his on this sort of mission... quest... thing.
And that'll be the death of you all...

Since it looks like I'm going to die anyway I'm going to go ahead and stick my foot even further into my mouth.

++ mormegil

Over the last day I've been going back and looking over morm's role in all this. I was wary of him on day one and I still am. Him and Gil-Gald1 looked as though they were going to vote for one another, but suddenly both voted for different people. On morm's part he said it was because "I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he's an innocent." Well if we had all given Gil1 the benefit of the doubt he wouldn't have been lynched. Morm's statement worries and unnerves me. Some are simply riding it off, but I'm going with a Freudian slip. He seems all too certain for my tastes.

Also yesterday he was so sure it was Kath who was our wolf. But day 2 rolls around and then he changed his mind because Gil1 died. She went from number one on his list to simply "possibly guilty".

So I can up with a few theories about him and Kath
1) They're both wolves. Very confident wolves that is. Morm was really the only one pushing for Kath and they both knew not enough people would vote for her. Trying to lead us off the scent.
2) They have a werewolf/mythomaniac relationship. Morm wants her dead, but Kath allies herself with the wolves and then Morm tells us he's let some of his suspcions about her down. Saying he thought she was innocent after voting for her would be rather stupid.

I may not be the brightest penny in the fountain, but I know when something's not right and something is not right with morm.

So go ahead and lynch me, but you're not going even the scores with the wolves.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:05 AM   #119
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

I'm seriously considering changing my vote to Holbytlass. Fea's post makes about as much sense as anything right now.
Quote:
and after she got all defensive against Oddwen for an innocent comment, Oddy died.
I had missed this before. All Oddwen said about Holby was "Nothing definite." Then Holby comes back with "Oddwen, I am definite nothing of the lupine persuasion." Holby is either a nervous villager or a defensive werewolf.

Now the million dollar question: if I change my vote, will I be accused of wolvish association with Fea?

Quite possibly. Or, barring that, I'll probably be accused of being a wolf just because I switched.

But I'll go with it. --Kitanna, ++Holbytlass.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:09 AM   #120
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Okay, Kitanna's vote really confuses me. A sensible vote for both a wolf and an innocent would be somebody already mentioned, ie Gil or Holby. What do we make of this?

Quote:
Do my eyes deceive me entirely? Are we actually plotting out a bandwagon approach? Do you people realize that with bandwagoning as the accepted option, that nobody's vote can seriously be taken as hard evidence? If we all vote the same, wolves can hide. Or was that your plan, Holby?
I'm in charge of the bandwaggoning, Fea. We have to organise this. No village has ever had to deal with four wolves before. If the wolves band together in their votes, which is so obviously a bad ida that we could miss it, we'd have four votes for an innocent. That could easily sway the rest of the villagers.
By planning out who we want to vote for and who we think is guilty, we can reach a compromise. This person would be who the majority of people have on their suspect list, if not somebody on the top of everybody's list.
This then means that the wolves cannot influence the vote as much. People don't see "Four votes for person X, he must be guilty" and then get tempted to join in. It also means, if the villagers are striking near to the mark, the wolves cannot use the tactic of accusing one of their fellows (though not voting for them). If somebody is second or third on everybody's list, it is safer to lynch them. A wolf cannot accuse a fellow wolf because then this person's name goes on the list.

I'm not sure how much sense I'm making, but the point is, the idea works. Or should do.