The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2011, 12:30 PM   #201
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Of course Boro could totally be Shelob too, as it would be entirely worth it to fake needing a cure on Day 1 to ensure that his Been-Stung survived to be a Spiderling, and that would also make his next post make sense, pretending as if he didn't know if Shelob was granted a Spiderling or a Been-Stung. He was trying to kill two birds with one stone and hope that people didn't notice the two contradicted?
Old 05-07-2011, 12:37 PM   #202
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
That's why you've got to watch the tricksy phantom. He's always got some plot going, and the ends of those plots are not always clear.

. . .

And that's how he does it; things others would be suspected for are written off as just phantom being phantom.
That's the thing...my post didn't say that. It said that, if he were Shetom, I think he'd have declared different people innocent. I think he'd have declared people he wanted as future Spiderlings innocent so that no one would question his trust in them. Declaring me innocent wouldn't make sense to a Shetom, because he knows that, judging by past performences, I'm not at all the best person to have in a pack. So I think that his choice in who he declared innocent indicates that this isn't a Shetom plot, but rather an innocent tp's plot.

Quote:
I don't see what makes either of them particularly innocent. I haven't seen much of Fea. And I can't go along with what Nog said about her subbing for the mysterious Laura being a sign of her likely innocence. That shouldn't be a factor.
They struck me as innocent-er than everyone else. I'm not saying they're definitely innocent. I'm simply saying that, for toDay, I'm going to trust them more than the rest of you, whose innocence I haven't gotten an idea of yet. I start over on my lists every Day, in case of possible Stings, and I haven't even mentioned the Laura thing, so I don't know why you brought that up.

Quote:
Lottie is coming across as rather quiet and careful. And no songs, still! Worrisome.
And, of course, accusing you. Which has been rather successful in the past, so yeah. I really want to lynch Zil toDay.

EDIT: xed with BomTom and TP
Old 05-07-2011, 12:42 PM   #203
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bom Tombadillo View Post
plus Lottie by association.
Wait a minute...association with what?

Quote:
Lhuna is also interesting, as I don't recall her giving any opposition to Phantom's position about her on D1 (although I may prove myself wrong on this when I can check properly), but now she suddenly opposes the notion.
That acutally is a good point. I think Lhuna makes much more sense as a Spiderling than Shena. I wouldn't mind seeing her lynched toDay, either (though Zil is still my favorite candidate. ).
Old 05-07-2011, 12:57 PM   #204
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
That acutally is a good point. I think Lhuna makes much more sense as a Spiderling than Shena
....Arachnid Princess?

Shelob DID make a choice last Night. If she ever doesn't....well, I wouldn't tell you anyway, because that would be nice.

Sam tries to prevent stings in the Night and then, if he was unsuccessful, he has an opportunity to heal them during the next Day. He has two opportunities per victim.

For instance....

Rikae was stung last Night. Pitch (Sam) did not pick her as a protection. During the Day, he heals Lommie, who was never stung. During the Night, he tries to protect Rikae, but she's already been stung, and has no chance of her condition being reversed because Pitch missed his two chances to keep her from being a spawn.

Also, I have to leave in about half an hour to go to a graduation. I'd love for someone to give me a completed vote tally at DL, and I'll trust you all to stop talking at that time. Excellent!

~~Sally~~
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:02 PM   #205
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Okay, really got to vote, and I haven't come up with anything better, so–

++the phantom++

Simply because he's the person most clearly up to something. Of course he always is, and maybe I'm being really unfair, and it's all some brilliant scheme to save the village. About half the village seems to be part of it anyway. However it seems to me that, though the Lhuna scheme did make some sense, having everyone discuss Sam so much was rather in the villains' interests. The Glirdywaggon was a shady-looking vehicle, too.

Well, that's the best I can come up with right now.
Hm. Tempting as it might be at times to vote tp due of an inability to work out what he's up to, I don't think he's my choice toDay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I was nodding to the fact that I see what he's trying to do by vehemently declaring Wilwa and Lottie innocent and that I shall let him go about his business, unopposed, because I feel safe to say we want the same thing.
Glad someone feels safe.

Quote:
That's the thing...my post didn't say that. It said that, if he were Shetom, I think he'd have declared different people innocent. I think he'd have declared people he wanted as future Spiderlings innocent so that no one would question his trust in them. Declaring me innocent wouldn't make sense to a Shetom, because he knows that, judging by past performences, I'm not at all the best person to have in a pack. So I think that his choice in who he declared innocent indicates that this isn't a Shetom plot, but rather an innocent tp's plot.
That seems rather convoluted, lass. Though tp may not be Shelob, I don't think your reason for thinking so is sound. He wouldn't key in on you because you're not successful as a villain?

Quote:
They struck me as innocent-er than everyone else. I'm not saying they're definitely innocent. I'm simply saying that, for toDay, I'm going to trust them more than the rest of you, whose innocence I haven't gotten an idea of yet. I start over on my lists every Day, in case of possible Stings, and I haven't even mentioned the Laura thing, so I don't know why you brought that up.
No, you didn't say that about Laura, Nog did, a fact that I merely threw in to note my own opinion.

Quote:
And, of course, accusing you. Which has been rather successful in the past, so yeah. I really want to lynch Zil toDay.
Saying I seemed "off" is accusing me? Nah. You didn't ramp that up until I poked at you a bit.

x/d with the Moddess
Old 05-07-2011, 01:10 PM   #206
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
That seems rather convoluted, lass. Though tp may not be Shelob, I don't think your reason for thinking so is sound. He wouldn't key in on you because you're not successful as a villain?
My thinking in being worried about the Declarations was that he might be trying to line up easy Stings - people who he already had a reason for defending and such. An evil tp wouldn't have keyed in on me as a future Spiderling, not when there are other people here who have been incredible wolves before. But an innocent tp has a reason to declare me innocent - he thinks I am.

Quote:
Saying I seemed "off" is accusing me? Nah. You didn't ramp that up until I poked at you a bit.
Of course not. You hadn't posted enough for me to make a definitive accusation yet. I've seen enough now to feel very comfortable pointing at you and dancing around while screaming "Spider, Spider, Spider". And I'm not the one who starting accusing someone when they started poking at them.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:22 PM   #207
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
My thinking in being worried about the Declarations was that he might be trying to line up easy Stings - people who he already had a reason for defending and such. An evil tp wouldn't have keyed in on me as a future Spiderling, not when there are other people here who have been incredible wolves before. But an innocent tp has a reason to declare me innocent - he thinks I am.
Or, as I suspect, he was trying to goad Shelob into choosing certain people to sting, thus making Sam's and the Doctor's tasks a bit easier. Now if one of you is Shelob, then he's making a big mistake.

Quote:
And I'm not the one who starting accusing someone when they started poking at them.
Come on Lottie, you know as well as I do that is not solid reasoning. Particularly since there is no seer to worry about, and the Doctor poses no threat to Shelob.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #208
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

I'm interested to know what everyone thinks of this post here, as well as this and this which discuss Boro.

In particular- Wilwa & Lottie as I trust them most, Nog & Shasta because I really am anxious to get a feel for them one way or another, and of course Boro as the posts say quite a bit about him.

EDIT: x-post Boro
Old 05-07-2011, 01:25 PM   #209
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Come on Lottie, you know as well as I do that is not solid reasoning. Particularly since there is no seer to worry about, and the Doctor poses no threat to Shelob.
It's never been solid reasoning with Zil. His posts read differently when he's evil. He takes on a different tone. Solid reasoning generally pops up later, but I always spot evil Zil because of his tone. And just because I'm no Seer doesn't mean an evil Zil can't get jumpy.

Edit: xed with tp
Old 05-07-2011, 01:26 PM   #210
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I do agree with Lottie that Shelob would like to pick people with "staying power" aka those who tend to stay alive a long time. And Lottie sure isn't one of those people... She could be Shelob, of course, but I wouldn't bet on that for now.

And yes, I said Fea most probably is not Shelob with all that hassle about who is Laura1234567 (whatever).

Interesting "clarification" by Sally: I'm not dure if she made it clearer... I thought I understood the rule but I'm not so sure anymore... Why do you talk of "two per victim"? Does it mean that Sam has two tries per individual persons on the level of the whole game? Like Pitch tried to ranger Rikae on N2 and tried to heal her on d3 so after that no more tries on Rikae?

I think it is not that way. It must be the straightforward way: Sam rangers everyNight + can heal someone during the "incubation period" of every Night's stinging (aka the next Day or Night - as the person stinged turns into a spiderling after a Day and a Night has passed).

Sorry about the inactivity, but the ice hockey game is actully pretty interesting (Finland is down 0-1 - and itäs about who goes forwards)
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:26 PM   #211
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Or, as I suspect, he (Phantom) was trying to goad Shelob into choosing certain people to sting, thus making Sam's and the Doctor's tasks a bit easier.
I'm not sure why you had to go and say it, but yes, since you said it- ding ding ding. Bingo.

(And btw, I'm 99% certain it worked.)
Old 05-07-2011, 01:27 PM   #212
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
You give yourself too little credit. Also, an evil tp might sting someone on the basis of that person being thought an unusual choice. It looked to me like you were reaching for something you could point to that would indicate you were innocent. Actual innocents don't normally feel the need to do that.

Quote:
Of course not. You hadn't posted enough for me to make a definitive accusation yet. I've seen enough now to feel very comfortable pointing at you and dancing around while screaming "Spider, Spider, Spider". And I'm not the one who starting accusing someone when they started poking at them.
"Haven't posted enough"? Give the pot my regards, Miss Kettle.
And point away, if you like.

x/d with all since # 206
Old 05-07-2011, 01:36 PM   #213
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
You give yourself too little credit. Also, an evil tp might sting someone on the basis of that person being thought an unusual choice. It looked to me like you were reaching for something you could point to that would indicate you were innocent. Actual innocents don't normally feel the need to do that.
Proving my own innocence was never my intent. I said that tp thought I was innocent. tp could be dead wrong. He isn't, but my post was not trying to prove that bit. And as it happens, tp does seen to have had some sort of innocentish plot going. He could, of course, have that as a cover for a Shetomish plot, but I don't think that's very likely, because, as I've said, the Shetomish plot has holes in it.

Quote:
"Haven't posted enough"? Give the pot my regards, Miss Kettle.
And point away, if you like.
You hadn't posted enough for me to get a good grip on your evilness, Mr. Pot. You had posted enough for that by the time I actually accused you.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:45 PM   #214
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
I'm not sure why you had to go and say it, but yes, since you said it- ding ding ding. Bingo.

If you are that certain it worked than your theory of me being Shelob wouldn't hold water. You should know by now, I wouldn't follow what you say about anyone if I wasn't sure we were on the same side.

I guess it's possible that as a stung and changing spiderling, I wished to blow up that plan and report back to Shelob to ignore you. But that could be done in private. And again if you are certain it worked then me being a stung and now spiderling doesn't hold water again.

So what does hold water? Baths hold water. Washing machines too.

Wait, head went to steamy baths for a moment. Where was my train of thought? Ah, yes, that by me pointing this out at the time I did, and not doing any sort of rewind, I was sure it either worked, or by saying it now it does not spoil the plan from working if it hasn't already succeeded.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:52 PM   #215
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Ok, Lottie. I think you've at least dissuaded me from voting you toDay.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:52 PM   #216
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Ok, so we know no one was stung last night, but the person who was bitten from the start, did they get saved by Sam or have they been completely turned, I'm still super confused about that. (Moddess?? have you already said something about this and I just missed it, or are you not going to tell us?) I know from the admin thread that the way it worked was that Shelob sent Cupcake a list of a few she would like on her side, and the Moddess picked one randomly, and that's who was bitten from the start, and who Sam had a chance to save yesterDay.

I'm inclined to trust phantom, not because he is so utterly convinced of my innocence, but because I understand what he was doing and I'm also 99% sure it was successful. And I'm mostly inclined to trust Boro, but I am still undecided because I don't think I have a complete grasp of what's going on right now (hence my question for the Cupcake up there ^).

I don't know how I feel about Lhuna, I'm sorta confused about what was going on yesterDay, why people wanted Sam to choose her, and now why people are sort of suspecting her. I don't totally get that. I feel pretty good about Lottie and Nog (though I seem to always trust them, so I don't want to put too much weight on that), and everyone else is a mystery to me. I'm not sure who I want to vote for yet.

I'll be back soon.

x'ed with Boro and Inzil
Old 05-07-2011, 01:55 PM   #217
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Ok, so we know no one was stung last night, but the person who was bitten from the start, did they get saved by Sam or have they been completely turned, I'm still super confused about that. (Moddess?? have you already said something about this and I just missed it, or are you not going to tell us?) I know from the admin thread that the way it worked was that Shelob sent Cupcake a list of a few she would like on her side, and the Moddess picked one randomly, and that's who was bitten from the start, and who Sam had a chance to save yesterDay.
I don't think Our Moddess is coming back before DL.

If Sam had stopped the original spiderling from changing all the way, doesn't that mean someone else would have been stung last Night?
Old 05-07-2011, 01:56 PM   #218
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Boro?

You make me really nervous with your answer!

I thought your reaction to tp would have been, "yay, great, so we're on the same wavelength!" but you go on defending yourself against a non-existant "Boro is Shelob" -theory? Or did I miss something of importance?
Old 05-07-2011, 01:59 PM   #219
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

I'm pretty okay with Boro. I've got an idea about what he's doing, and I'm okay with it. (Also, this is the first time I've ever had a proper idea about what someone is doing, and it made me all excited when I got the brainflash.) So, yeah, rather opposed to lynching him right now.

Edit: xed with Noggins
Old 05-07-2011, 02:01 PM   #220
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
That I doubt we will know as it would fall under Sam's and the absolute *no reveal* stuff. I would imagine Sam knows, and since Sam is not under any threat from Shelob, can be as aggressive as Sam desires in leaving the clear path to his actions (without directly saying "Hey I'm Sam and I cured this person!")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Boro?

You make me really nervous with your answer!

I thought your reaction to tp would have been, "yay, great, so we're on the same wavelength!" but you go on defending yourself against a non-existant "Boro is Shelob" -theory? Or did I miss something of importance?
Phantom's post at the top of page 6. It's not much, but then later he asks for others opinions on his theories about me being stung or Shelob.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:03 PM   #221
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

wilwa: I don't think anyone wishes to lynch Lhuna toDay as we have more or less good ideas that Sam probably would have tried to heal her last Night - thus making her innocent toDay even if stinged.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:09 PM   #222
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538
I don't know how I feel about Lhuna, I'm sorta confused about what was going on yesterDay, why people wanted Sam to choose her, and now why people are sort of suspecting her. I don't totally get that.
I'm with you on that.

And for some reason I'm not making much sense out of toDay (combined with yesterDay) so I'll go with what little I understand. We're after only one person ultimately: Shelob. And I would like to think that at this point Shelob would prefer sitting pretty in the middle of her web, keeping herself as safe as possible while waiting for the numbers to fall on her side.

So.

Bom strikes me as the most careful player thus far, and he looks worse for giving the impression of following the phantom around blindly. But at the same time he mentioned him first in his suspicions list. What's up with that?

While at this point I doubt the phantom is Shelob, I am wary of those who trust him too much. I really don't understand why some of you think Lhuna was stung yesterDay and was probably healed by Sam last Night. And based on what I remember, Nogrod seems to be among those people.

The rest... I don't know yet. I'll be back, perhaps with my vote. I do need sleep, too.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 02:09 PM   #223
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Boro is probably evil.

Maybe I'll vote for him, just for fun.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:13 PM   #224
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Oh my, Boro. I could parrott Lottie in a way as having an idea on what you were doing overall.

But I refer to tp's latest

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Or, as I suspect, he (Phantom) was trying to goad Shelob into choosing certain people to sting, thus making Sam's and the Doctor's tasks a bit easier.

So you said tp was trying to suggest Shelob picking certain people making them know to all & thus making the jobs of Sam & the Doc easier. tp answers that Bingo, that's what I was doing... (only being slightly annoyed you said it out aloud)

And then your reaction is to start to defend ypourseöf against a theory of you being Shelob? I don't understand... and I thought I had an idea of you as an innocent doing a thing...

(Finland got 2-1 lead against the Slovakian surperstars... I might be watching something of the rest of the game )
Old 05-07-2011, 02:14 PM   #225
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

For now I feel comfortable about Zil.

I'm uneasy about Lottie but she won't be getting my vote toDay.

I want to figure out Boro so I won't vote for him, either.

wilwa seems to be playing safely. Not good.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:14 PM   #226
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Boro is probably evil.

Maybe I'll vote for him, just for fun.
Weak. We both know the only reason you are making that choise is because

You. Me. Handuffs. It always ends that way.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:14 PM   #227
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Bom Tombadillo has just left Hobbiton.
I'm confused . . . *sigh* Anyway, tp, wilwa, and Lottie are making me suspicious, as I said earlier, and my suspicions of usin' mah Noggin and Double-O-88 have decreased some; hearing little from Lhuna is also fascinating me, but for now I want to test my theory about the dynamic trio by voting

++Loslote

'cause wilwa hasn't done anything interesting yet and phanty is a valuable asset if innocent.

EDIT: Irony-ninja'd by the very person I commented on not being active toDay (and Boro. James Boro.)
Old 05-07-2011, 02:20 PM   #228
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

All right, so, information important to which way I will be inclined to vote today.

In looking back I think I should've placed Bom on the potential Shelob list, but I consider him one of the least likely of the ones I can't rule out yet. So yeah, not voting for him.

And as you know not voting for Phantom, Wilwa, or Lottie.

Nog and Shasta- they haven't done anything to make me want to vote for them, so they're unlikely at this stage.

Fea is not Shelob, and is almost certainly not a Spiderling (but techinically can't cross her off yet). I'm not voting for her.

Nerwen is a possible compromise for me, primarily because I can't rule her out and she voted for me. Not strong reasoning at all, but there it is. I'd vote for her to save someone I like, but I wouldn't form a bandwagon against her.

Lhuna cannot be a Spiderling, but may be Shelob, and I'd really like to do my thorough cross-examination of her tomorrow, so I'd prefer to give her a pass for one more day. Like I said before, I'd rather take out Shelob Day 3 than Day 2.

Boro is looking... bleh... by simple elimination he appears to be the best candidate, as well as the possible suspicious behaviors I pointed to.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:23 PM   #229
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

What? Why the Lottie vote? Given the dynamics I created and the failure to sting last night she's about the least likely evil-doer here.

Evidently you didn't read enough of those threads to have a Phantogasm, Bom.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:25 PM   #230
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Let's make it better toDay than yesterDay and make our ideas known before the last minutes.

Everyone coming in at this hour and only saying I'll vote for X should be really looked after with a magnifying-glass toMorrow.

I think Lhuna is innocent toDay.

I think Lottie would have been a too risky choice from Shelob.

I think tp has a good thing going.

I'm torn with Boro as I thought he had a good thing going on but am not so sure any more. It would help me to decide if you Boro told us why you reacted to that last post of tp in that defencive way as it should have been an offering of a hand to you?

Last minutes of the ice hockey game going on... Finland still leads... back soon.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:28 PM   #231
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
Lhuna cannot be a Spiderling, but may be Shelob, and I'd really like to do my thorough cross-examination of her tomorrow, so I'd prefer to give her a pass for one more day.
Can't wait.

++Bom Tombadillo

Still my best Shelob guess at this point.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:31 PM   #232
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

++Zil

I don't want to cut it too close, and he's the one person whose guilt I'm closest to being sure of.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:33 PM   #233
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
I'm torn with Boro as I thought he had a good thing going on but am not so sure any more. It would help me to decide if you Boro told us why you reacted to that last post of tp in that defencive way as it should have been an offering of a hand to you?
Fairy nuff. Phantom gets frustrated when his plots are suddenly revealed and usually believes anyone who tries to foil them by making them known has to be evil. I took the "I'm not sure why you had to say it" as a suspicion, or in the very least a sarcastically frustrated tp, not a helping hand.

Still. If he gets me lynched simply because of a process of elimination, when he's continuing to dangle the more suspicious Lhuna out, that will lie on him.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:34 PM   #234
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
++the phantom

Love you tons, sweetums.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:35 PM   #235
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Finland won and went to the play-offs...

And a slight comment on my last one. I think Lhuna and Lottie are not spiderlings.

And I would add that I think Fea is not Shelob (as said before).

So who then?
Old 05-07-2011, 02:41 PM   #236
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Psh.... Fea just swooped in and stated Boro was probably evil and expressed an interest in voting for him, but then voted for me despite promising earlier today that she wouldn't.

Only problem is, it actually weakens my Boro argument slightly, as when she made her second to last post I was wondering if perhaps she was the Healer and was hinting she had examined Boro and discovered he had been stung.

But now that it appears that it wasn't the case (obviously, otherwise she would've voted him), I see nothing wrong with voting for her instead on grounds that she's given us almost nothing to this point other than randomness. So add her to my list of compromise candidates.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:42 PM   #237
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Btw, if anyone else votes for me, you had better be Shelob or Spiderling- otherwise there is no excuse.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:43 PM   #238
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
then voted for me despite promising earlier today that she wouldn't.
I lied.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:44 PM   #239
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
And a slight comment on my last one. I think Lhuna and Lottie are not spiderlings.
I agree with you about Lottie. Not Lhuna though, so if having to decide between them I'd vote Lhuna.

This would leave Inzil and Bom as other possiblities it seems. After the vote I need more time on Bom. So, I'd prefer Inzil there, but still not willing to pass off on Lhuna and make another shot in the dark...

++Lhuna
Old 05-07-2011, 02:45 PM   #240
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Bom Tombadillo has just left Hobbiton.
I haven't had a chance to read any of them yet, tp.

Lhuna - as I have said, when I first came out of the gate I was sort of using the phantom as a crutch. I'm making an effort to stop that, both to save my neck (and his, to an extent; though he's made me suspicious, the very reason I'm voting Lottie and not him is because, as I've said, he could be a major asset if innocent.) and because of my suspicions of him.