The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2010, 12:03 AM   #41
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Just have to say that I just went into a major panic, because there is no "Admin" in this thread title so I thought the game thread was up and then there was like 36 replies and I was like "Oh no, it's started and I haven't even gotten my role yet, she forgot about meeeee", and then I realised it was the admin thread.
Oh, that's totally happened to me! ... twice. Um. Sally, don't forget to send me my role! I don't want to have to send the pm I have all nice and written out from when mod people forget again.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:14 AM   #42
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
K, I've got the opening narration more or less written so I'm all sorts of ready to start. Start poking people....erm, people.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:11 AM   #43
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
If all you lot are waiting on is one more piece of cannon fodder, count me in.
Due to RL, don't be surprised if I'm less noisy than usual though.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:01 AM   #44
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
If all you lot are waiting on is one more piece of cannon fodder, count me in.
Due to RL, don't be surprised if I'm less noisy than usual though.
Oooo! Actually, I'd accidentally included you in my list last night. I guess Shasta's not the only one who's psychic?

All right, people. The game will start tomorrow night at 3 a.m. GMT (roughly). You'll all have your PMs by then. If you have any sort of PMing abilities I will ask that you not use them until the game begins, even if you get your PM today. Any questions, don't hesitate to PM (or get a hold of me in the fashion of your choice if my PM box is full, which it won't be in a couple minutes anyway). Check the first (well, second, rather) post for updated regulations and stats. See you in game!
Old 02-03-2010, 06:51 AM   #45
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Okay, so just to inform everyone now, my schedule is super ridiculous with rehearsals everyday and school that takes up about three hours of that day so I won't be able to do a whole lot of posting for this game if I'm correct, so please bear with me....again
Old 02-03-2010, 01:11 PM   #46
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Izzy, your PM box is full. Everyone else, your role is sent. Don't PM or do whatever else it is you may do until the game starts. PM me with any questions.

Also, I have to make an important announcement.

Just because someone's dead does not mean they are no longer involved in the game. Under no circumstances should you share your role with a dead player, no matter how much they beg or plead or offer cookies.

Also, I won't be here for DL 'cause I have church, but I'll put up the narration straightaway when I get back so as soon as it hits 3 a.m. GMT (in eight hours) feel free to chat it up or do whatever. Enjoy!
Old 02-03-2010, 01:51 PM   #47
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Whupsie. Fixed now. xD
Old 02-04-2010, 12:41 AM   #48
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
*whispers* Dearies, I don't think the Day has started yet. I'm pretty sure it's still the Night phase. *drifts off to sleep again*
Old 02-04-2010, 01:43 PM   #49
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Did anybody else observe a curious atmospheric/astronomic phenomenon a couple of minutes ago? Something like the first light of dawn illuminating the sky for a minute or so, before it turned all dark again? Very strange...
Old 02-04-2010, 02:35 PM   #50
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Did anybody else observe a curious atmospheric/astronomic phenomenon a couple of minutes ago? Something like the first light of dawn illuminating the sky for a minute or so, before it turned all dark again? Very strange...
*clears throat awkwardly*

Yeah, that wasn't exactly supposed to post, which is why I deleted it. I was toying with starting the Day early but decided not to because I fancy taking a nap and my internet was being plain evil. Day will commence at its usual time.

Now hush, the lot of you!
Old 02-05-2010, 07:06 PM   #51
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
So Glirdan won't be able to vote because the Downs was down and then he had to leave. He asked me to let you all know.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:42 PM   #52
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
So Glirdan won't be able to vote because the Downs was down and then he had to leave. He asked me to let you all know.
Thanks, hun.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:11 PM   #53
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Gah. Didn't realize the down as only down for a bit. Would you guys be okay with only one extra hour instead of three? Please weigh in.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:12 PM   #54
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Good with me.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:12 PM   #55
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
One more hour is fine.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:12 PM   #56
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Gah. Didn't realize the down as only down for a bit. Would you guys be okay with only one extra hour instead of three? Please weigh in.
Well, I've already made three of my votes, so it wouldn't matter much to me.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:18 PM   #57
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Will do!
Old 02-06-2010, 07:25 AM   #58
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Makes Brief Announcement:

I'm sick. As Bostonmooters know, my immune system is crap. And when I'm sick, I'm dysfunctionally useless.

And since I woke up to gut-wrenching pain that swiftly turned into throat-burning upchucking, you have my word that I'm going to curl up into a ball and die for a while.

If you don't see me toMorrow, just assume I'm still rejecting any nutrients in a painfully obvious way.

*curls up in ball*

*whimpers*

*dies*
Old 02-06-2010, 08:25 AM   #59
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Question:

Can Simon be Night killed?

Sorry if this has already been asked or mentioned, I don't really pay attention to alot of what you say Sally.

*snuggles sick Fea*
Old 02-06-2010, 09:43 AM   #60
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Sorry for not voting - the Downs went down on me in the middle of making my voting post, and as I'd already staid up longer than was wise, I was too tired to wait for it to come back up. See you toMorrow!
Old 02-06-2010, 12:02 PM   #61
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
I'm sick. As Bostonmooters know, my immune system is crap. And when I'm sick, I'm dysfunctionally useless.

And since I woke up to gut-wrenching pain that swiftly turned into throat-burning upchucking, you have my word that I'm going to curl up into a ball and die for a while.

If you don't see me toMorrow, just assume I'm still rejecting any nutrients in a painfully obvious way.

*curls up in ball*

*whimpers*

*dies*
*snuggles you*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Question:

Can Simon be Night killed?

Sorry if this has already been asked or mentioned, I don't really pay attention to alot of what you say Sally.

*snuggles sick Fea*
Nasty lazy grumble grumble bums. Yes, Simon can be Night killed, in which case Second Simon (the person with the second highest amount of votes) takes over.

And oh, why not. *snuggles Wilwa too*

Quote:
Sorry for not voting - the Downs went down on me in the middle of making my voting post, and as I'd already staid up longer than was wise, I was too tired to wait for it to come back up. See you toMorrow!
Don't worry about it. Try to use all your votes toMorrow but I know there were issues with the Downs so I'm not going to invoke the Wrath on anyone.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:55 PM   #62
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Okay, people, I'm out.

Duck will proxy in a blank(ish) post for narration and stuff. Wolves, don't forget to send your kill to Shasta as well so he can announce. Thanks. Until later!
Old 02-06-2010, 08:00 PM   #63
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

*snuggles Sally whom she luvz*
Old 02-06-2010, 08:33 PM   #64
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Stop with the snuggles already! It is forbidden on Werewolf related threads, as it is counter to the desired atmosphere.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:02 PM   #65
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
*snuggles all the people I love*

Our fabulous Moddess sally would like me to inform you all that she might not be at a computer in time to open the Day and announce who was killed so she says to "tell everyone to hush."
Old 02-07-2010, 04:56 PM   #66
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
My internet time has turned out to be more limited than I expected. . . I thought we would be living in the center of Birmingham, so that I could pop into an internet-cafe when needed. Instead we live in an industrial area and all I got is a poor internet connection and my fathers notebook. (I am returning home to proper computer and internet wednsday)

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:08 PM   #67
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Formy would like me to tell you all that he may not make it in time for deadline. He's going to try his best but no guarantees. He's been doing RL things all Day.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:06 AM   #68
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

A few reminders

Mostly for myself, I'll admit.

ToMorrow, assuming she's still alive, Fea is ineligible to be Simon again. You lot can still vote for her and such, but someone else must reign come the next Day.

Also, please remember that just because someone's dead doesn't mean you can tell them anything. (I trust you, I just know how bad I am at that so I figured I'd give a friendly reminder and such.)

And now I'm sleeping, hopefully at least. Narrations will be caught up by DL toMorrow, so keep an eye out.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 02-08-2010 at 02:34 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 02-08-2010, 02:10 PM   #69
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Not terribly amused.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:49 PM   #70
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Not terribly amused.

Lol see what happens when you complain that the game isn't interesting? You die.

(Blame Form, of course. I just thought it was poetic justice.)
Old 02-08-2010, 09:05 PM   #71
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Editing narrations and things for the rest of the night so if you need me text me or get a hold of one of my lovely....erm, people, Shasta and Alona. Night all!
Old 02-10-2010, 05:15 PM   #72
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Okay, so I'm teaching youth group tonight and thus won't be here right at DL. I'll post the stuff as soon as I get back so just be patient and twiddle your thumbs until I return. I won't make you wait too long, I promise.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:07 AM   #73
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Silmaril

I see... Fea, you rock!
Old 02-11-2010, 12:38 PM   #74
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Posting this to here as well so people are sure to see it.

Announcement

Per yesterday, the following people have one point added to their score for the Day.

Nerwen
Steve

They, along with Fea and Izzy, correctly guessed the reason for the names of the wolves.

Oh, and Form gets a point because it's his birthday and we love him. ^_^

Which puts the Moddess-Driven Tally Bonus to:
Nerwen +1
Steve +1
Form +1

No word from Simon yet but I'll put it up when Dun tells me.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:25 PM   #75
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally
the reason
Link doesn't work for me ("This video is not available in your country")
*is frustrated*
Old 02-11-2010, 01:32 PM   #76
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Link doesn't work for me ("This video is not available in your country")
*is frustrated*
Rubbish! What kind of podunk country are you from?!

Try this instead?
Old 02-11-2010, 01:37 PM   #77
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Oh, and of course....

*snuggles Pitch too*
Old 02-11-2010, 01:54 PM   #78
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Silmaril

Thanks, that worked. Oh yeah... those were the days... when he still had the face he was born with (or something resembling it)...
Quote:
Rubbish! What kind of podunk country are you from?!
Germany. Third World, you know.
By the way, very much amused now. And *snuggles sally back*
Old 02-11-2010, 02:06 PM   #79
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Thanks, that worked. Oh yeah... those were the days... when he still had the face he was born with (or something resembling it)...

Germany. Third World, you know.
By the way, very much amused now. And *snuggles sally back*
*is nostalgic*

Ah, that would explain it. I hear you'll be getting indoor plumbing in a few years, though, so that's something. Good luck on electricity though. Coming from Nebraska and only having that started up a few weeks back, I'm sorry to say that it's harder than it looks.

Heh. I should hope so. *is snuggled*
Old 02-11-2010, 02:48 PM   #80
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
*is nostalgic*
Ah, that would explain it. I hear you'll be getting indoor plumbing in a few years, though, so that's something. Good luck on electricity though. Coming from Nebraska and only having that started up a few weeks back, I'm sorry to say that it's harder than it looks.

Ah well, those so-called benefits of civilization aren't all they're cracked up to be. Candlelight is so much more romantic than lightbulbs. And nothing beats a fire made from real wood.
Contrary to some rumours you may have heard, however, we don't make our cutlery from flint anymore.

By the way, it's funny how once I was dead and it was too late to do me any good, my poetic faculties came back online. In other words, I've got a song for you - but the end would be a bit of a give-away, so I won't post it till after game. (Yess, my preciousss, we has our little sssecrets too, hasn't we, preciouss?)