The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2020, 02:48 PM   #641
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
chooses to analyse Pitch. Comes out with the suspicion of Pitch/Kath or Pitch/Rikae
You misinterpreted as I said Pitch/Rikae were an unlikely combo.
Old 06-11-2020, 02:48 PM   #642
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I am suspicious of Sally too, especially after that vote, but - would a wolf really not know the beast hunter cannot make another trap?
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 02:50 PM   #643
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
You misinterpreted as I said Pitch/Rikae were an unlikely combo.
Sorry! I trust you. To be fair, I was writing in a bit of a hurry. But that does not change my feeling that you have been pushing the lynch toDay in the direction of Mac/Kath/Pitch a bit too forcefully for it to sound innocent to me.
Old 06-11-2020, 02:50 PM   #644
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Sorry if I summarised it badly, what you say is how I read it. But I left Lottie and Nilp out of the summary bc they're not relevant right now.
No worries
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 02:51 PM   #645
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Happened after I made that point, as it stands. If Sally was a wolf and Mac not, she could have just said so in any case.
Simply not true and looks very evil.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 02:52 PM   #646
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Okay, Lommy/Mac for sure. Who's the third, do we think? Kath?
Possibly, but I wouldn't rule out sally either.

For what it's worth, while I was suspicious of Rikae this Morning their subsequent posting is making me feel better. Don't know about their suspicion of Brinn - while I feel Rikae may have a point about Brinn trying to commandeer the interpretation of Greenie's possible dreams, I also happen to concur with some of Brinn's suspicions.

For the Dead:
+-Macalaure
Old 06-11-2020, 02:52 PM   #647
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I relate the most to Rikae toDay in the way they second guess thier own suspicions and all their different arguments don't add up to the same people being guilty/innocent. Therefore I trust them.

edit: xed with Pitch
Old 06-11-2020, 02:54 PM   #648
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Simply not true and looks very evil.
Uhhh. Which part? Sally may have x'ed with my post clarifying the point, but it's one I talked about an hour ago or so.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 02:55 PM   #649
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Any innocent should reconsider their opinions toDay because there might not be toMorrow.
What do you mean there might not be toMorrow? Doing the math, there will definitely be a toMorrow. Yes, I get that it's critical we get a wolf toDay, but it's not necessarily all over yet if we make another mistake. We still have a ranger and toMorrow's medium vote.

Quote:
But that does not change my feeling that you have been pushing the lynch toDay in the direction of Mac/Kath/Pitch a bit too forcefully for it to sound innocent to me.
Actually, I suspect Sally more than Mac at this point.

With Pitch, so many players have suspected him then discarded him as the cobbler. What if he is a wolf masquerading as a cobbler?
Old 06-11-2020, 02:55 PM   #650
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'm willing to vote for Shasta or Sally but I don't want to risk spreading the votes too much.
Old 06-11-2020, 02:56 PM   #651
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Sally / Shasta / Pitch ?

Uhhh Rikae and Brinn and Nilp. Does Mac really look so suspicious to you that he should reasonably garner such a big chunk of the village suspicion?

I am not convinced of Mac's innocence myself but I honestly cannot see where all this suspicion is coming from if it's genuine.

edit: xed with everyone
Old 06-11-2020, 02:57 PM   #652
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Sorry! I trust you.
After you proposed a Brinn-Shasta-Sally pack a few posts earlier? Isn't this a bit much flipflopping even for you?
Old 06-11-2020, 02:57 PM   #653
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Bad
Shasta

Maybe bad
Pitch, Sally (just jumped a category because of her vote)

Maaaaybe bad
Kath (looks foul but feels fair)

Probably not bad
Brinn, Lommy, Rikae (I'm agreeing with what Lommy said about Rikae)

Almost certainly not bad
Nilp
Old 06-11-2020, 02:58 PM   #654
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

With my two top suspects joining the Mac wagon, I have no desire to vote that way.

My preference is either Sally or Pitch.
Old 06-11-2020, 02:58 PM   #655
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
After you proposed a Brinn-Shasta-Sally pack a few posts earlier? Isn't this a bit much flipflopping even for you?
Pitch is sounding so much better to me. I could have been wrong the entire time.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 06-11-2020, 03:00 PM   #656
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
With my two top suspects joining the Mac wagon, I have no desire to vote that way.

Hold up. I'm one of your top suspects??

Brain... whirling.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:01 PM   #657
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

She means Pitch, who hasn't made it official yet.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:01 PM   #658
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Wasn't sure I'd actually GET my break, but I did. Whee!

Quote:

Quote:
Pitch is sounding so much better to me. I could have been wrong the entire time.
These two back to back make me feel....really icky.

Also, just to throw it out there, lynching me would probably be game over. I can't take anyone with me this time (*cough* Lommy *cough*), so maybe let's not just take a chance on me?

x'd since what I quoted
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 03:01 PM   #659
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
I meant I trust Brinn's correction of my words and I'm not gonna double check if I misinterpreted her.

I would prefer any of Sally / Shasta / Pitch over Mac but I'm not convinced they're ALL wolves so I would prefer to tread cautiously and think a tiny bit longer. It would be terrible if two were wolves and one innocent and we lynched the innocent one.

edit: xed with everyone after Brinn's last
Old 06-11-2020, 03:02 PM   #660
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Though Brinn, look at the kind of company Shasta is keeping - clearly he deserves to be lynched, too.

...like... please?
Old 06-11-2020, 03:03 PM   #661
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Uhhh. Which part? Sally may have x'ed with my post clarifying the point, but it's one I talked about an hour ago or so.
That if she were a wolf she could just say so. If all the wolves and cobbler piled on and lynched Mac toDay (which I guess they could, since the dead thread doubling vote would only tie later), AND the ranger didn't protect, toMorrow would still dawn, with baddies (all known) and innocent (+ dead thread) votes tied. All the innocents would have to do is be the first to post. It would be very foolish of her.

Now, if you're a wolf trying to get innocents to go for Mac quickly, promoting that idea would be a good move.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:05 PM   #662
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I think I would prefer Shasta or Pitch, because I think if they're not wolves, they're more likely cobblers (or one of them is).

While if Sally is not a wolf I think she's an ordo.

And toMorrow will be a terrible Day if we don't lynch a wolf toDay but it will be a little easier without the cobbler.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:05 PM   #663
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Though Brinn, look at the kind of company Shasta is keeping - clearly he deserves to be lynched, too.

...like... please?
Old 06-11-2020, 03:05 PM   #664
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I'm still calling a pack of Mac + Kath + unknown. Maybe Pitch, or maybe he's the cobbler after all. I'm not sure on that one. Lommy is flipping and flopping all over the place, but I haven't pegged why. Everyone else looks pretty okay to me, I'd say.

You have my thoughts. I have to go now.

x'd since Mac's begging
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 03:07 PM   #665
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I don't know what to dooooooo.

sally or Shasta is my instinct.

But then sally goes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sally
Also, just to throw it out there, lynching me would probably be game over. I can't take anyone with me this time (*cough* Lommy *cough*), so maybe let's not just take a chance on me?
Old 06-11-2020, 03:07 PM   #666
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Y'all cannot actually think I'd have voted as early as I did if I wasn't sure. Chaos benefits wolves so I'd have waited to the end.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:09 PM   #667
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac

...like... please?
BG's death and Greenie's post really make me inclined to think him not a wolf. Of course, he could always be the cobbler.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:09 PM   #668
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Y'all cannot actually think I'd have voted as early as I did if I wasn't sure. Chaos benefits wolves so I'd have waited to the end.
You can't be sure. You're not the Seer. And you started the day by apologising for being so wrong about Form (as we all were ...) and saying you needed to rethink everything.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:10 PM   #669
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
I'm sorry, but if your fellows (Pitch, Sally, Kath?) are all also more or less highly suspected, it's a good tactic to get an innocent alternative out as early as possible.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:10 PM   #670
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I'm still calling a pack of Mac + Kath + unknown. Maybe Pitch, or maybe he's the cobbler after all. I'm not sure on that one. Lommy is flipping and flopping all over the place, but I haven't pegged why. Everyone else looks pretty okay to me, I'd say.

You have my thoughts. I have to go now.

x'd since Mac's begging

Mac/Kath/Lommy is where I'm leaning. Potentially with Rikae.

Brinn/Sally good, Pitch... probably good??? Oh lord.

WHO AM I FORGETTING???
Old 06-11-2020, 03:12 PM   #671
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Sally, I'm flipping and flopping because I don't know anyone's role except mine and presumably Nilp's and I'm suffering. Maybe you don't understand because you know who's on your side so you don't feel the same kind of agony and second-guessing every thought that comes to your head.

Speaking of which, I would really like Nilp to appear and give his two cents about Mac/Kath vs Shasta/Sally and adjacent figures.

I kinda like how Brinn is in the process of doing a legate-180, it makes me feel better about her.

gonna x with a bunch again
Old 06-11-2020, 03:12 PM   #672
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Mac and Kath have really, really tied themselves together here.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:14 PM   #673
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

You know guys, if Shasta is the cobbler he's been pretty brilliant in this game. I wouldn't really be surprised.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:15 PM   #674
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
You know guys, if Shasta is the cobbler he's been pretty brilliant in this game. I wouldn't really be surprised.
Lord, I wish. Be a great redemption story.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:23 PM   #675
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Lommy now seems to be looking for allies any which way. Really looks like a cobbler who can't for the life of her figure out which possible wolf pack to support.

I think the Kath/Mac liaison has merits. If Mac is innocent, that's another matter, but for toDay let's make it official:

++Macalaure
Old 06-11-2020, 03:25 PM   #676
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I feel encircled by wolves in the bright of day...
Old 06-11-2020, 03:26 PM   #677
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

That's three votes for Mac now, right? From sally, Shasta and Pitch.

Well my current thinking is that sally, Shasta and Rikae are the wolves with Pitch as the Cobbler.

But admittedly a lot of that comes from the fact that I've spent most of the Day agreeing with Mac and so leaning to trusting him.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:26 PM   #678
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I really don't like where this is going.

++Shasta

Last edited by Rikae; 06-11-2020 at 03:27 PM. Reason: X'd with Mac and Kath.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:27 PM   #679
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Yeah, there's no way three innocents just randomly decided to make a bandwagon against Mac.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:29 PM   #680
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
That's three votes for Mac now, right? From sally, Shasta and Pitch.

Well my current thinking is that sally, Shasta and Rikae are the wolves with Pitch as the Cobbler.

But admittedly a lot of that comes from the fact that I've spent most of the Day agreeing with Mac and so leaning to trusting him.
Why me?