The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-07-2003, 08:36 PM   #1
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien Premiere Dates for ROTK

Does anyone know where I can find the dates for the premiere showing of ROTK in Hollywood? Are they even out yet? I know they have the date for the World Premiere in Wellington for Dec 1 (my b-day ), but does anyone have any idead for the one in Hollywood? I'm trying to schedule a time to get out of school to go to it, and I need to know when the date is. Any information relating to this will be fine. I really want a date, but if anyone knows when the tickets go on sale and where I can buy them, then that would be great too. But again...I don't even know if they are giving away this info yet. But just in case.
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 10:20 PM   #2
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Can you even buy tickets to the premiere? I thought it was only for invited guests and that the only thing that fans could do is stand outside.<P>But regarding the dates I have no idea. And I have no idea where you could find those. But maybe they are on some New Line site (not the official LOTR one) but on a site that is for the section of the company that is involved with publicity.<p>[ August 08, 2003: Message edited by: Gorwingel ]
Old 08-08-2003, 09:45 AM   #3
Eruwen

Tolkien

Maybe you're right about the tickets, Gorwingel. Actually, I think you are. I've never been to a premeire before, so I wouldn't know, but that sounds right. And thanks by the way.
Old 08-08-2003, 12:45 PM   #4
Daisy Brambleburr
Shade of Carn Dûm

Daisy Brambleburr has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Fans can go and stand outside at premiers. I really want to go to the London one, but I need some more information (firstly, when it is). <BR>Has anyone here been to a premiere (well, stood outside)? When's the best time to arrive? Where can you/can't you stand?<BR>Cheers!
Old 08-13-2003, 10:37 PM   #5
Rosolas
Animated Skeleton

Rosolas has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I read in last Sunday's, Sunday Mirror newspaper (British newspaper), that the ROTK will be opening on 17th December, but I think that is only in the UK.
Rosolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 10:48 PM   #6
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

The 17th of December is the day that the film opens worldwide in over 4,000 (or something like that) theaters. They are talking about the main premiere, like the star studded one.<P>I just checked the news section of the official LOTR website. It had a press release saying that the World premiere would be on Dec 1 in New Zealand. I don't think that the dates for the London, NY, or LA ones have been announced yet, but that is proabably where you would go for that information.<P>I also checked when the dates for TTT premiere were released. They were released on the official site in early December.<P>I would guess if you were attending, that you should get there as early as you can. Because there is going to be so many people there because this is the final film.<p>[ August 14, 2003: Message edited by: Gorwingel ]
Old 08-14-2003, 09:36 AM   #7
Eruwen

Tolkien

Thank you, Gorwingel. That helps a lot. I was afraid they wouldn't announce the premiere dates until December, but hey, I guess that's just how it has to be.
Old 08-15-2003, 01:34 AM   #8
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Beruthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Since the official premiere is on the 1st of December in New Zealand, does anyone know what will be happening on the actual opening day? Because I was planning to go to New Zealand for the 17th and I thought the stars would be there and all that but obviously I was wrong. Its a real shame because thats the only time I'd ever be able to go.<BR>If anyone has any information could you let me know?! Thank you!
Old 08-15-2003, 08:46 AM   #9
Eruwen

Tolkien

December 1 is the official world premiere when all of the stars, director, etc will be there. Fans are not allowed into the movie, unless for some reason they have gotten an invitation. On December 17, the movie opens to the public. There will be no stars, unless they come for some reason I know not. It is only the opening day of the film to the public. <P>I have heard that in some theaters they have a special thing on the opening day. But I think this is like at midnight or something when they show the film for the first time all together. I've heard that they do contests, or other things such as this, but I've never gone at this time so I wouldn't know.
Old 08-15-2003, 10:25 AM   #10
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

Yes, I know that many theaters have midninght showings that say they start on the 16th (but since it starts at midnight, we know better ), and go into the wee hours of the morning of the 17th. I've never done this, probably because my dad would not want to stay up that late, especially because it's on a Wednesday (ie: everyone has to go to work and school the next day).

You know what? I love Mip.
Luthien_ Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 03:52 PM   #11
Grimbold
Haunting Spirit

Grimbold has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

There's this charity in my town which means that I will be able to see ROTK in the first week of December. It's for an excellent cause and there's real motivation for people to shell out the money. The charity has an exclusive deal with Alliance-Atlantis, so they ship the movie here early for a lucky few to see. I could have seen TTT early last year, but instead I was a welcomer at the theatre showing people inside! Cool huh?
Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountains. Like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the west. Behind the hills, into shadow.
How did it come to this?
Grimbold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 05:12 PM   #12
mollecon
Wight

mollecon has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Here in Denmark there will be a special premiere for invited guests on the evening of Dec 16. They will have set up a theater just for the occasion in Tivoli in Copenhagen. It' supposed to be attended by the Queen, Peter Jackson & Viggo Mortensen + an unknown number of celebreties.<P>The opening for the ordinary audience will probably be one minut past midnight on the night between the 16th & 17th - I will perhaps go to that one where I live. Though I live in a rather small Danish town (Odense - 185.000 people) there doesn't seem to be any lack of movie copies - last year the multiplex showed it 6 different theaters just after midnight...
mollecon is offline   Reply With Quote