The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2003, 04:05 PM   #41
Morquesse
Wight

Morquesse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

We probably should move back to EV TTT discussion before this thread gets ditched. <BR>We've heard about a scene where Eowyn presents Aragorn with her home-made but wicked looking stew. What do you guys think about this addition? I think, that Faramir may need to be the cook when he & Eowyn marry. Other than that, Bring it on! *the tune of a Steven Curtis Chapman song goes through my head*<BR>I better quite ere I get more of track myself. See you later!<BR>~M<p>[ November 01, 2003: Message edited by: Morquesse ]
Old 11-02-2003, 05:52 AM   #42
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Sting

I'm not sure wether I like that stew thing or not. I mean it isn't very credible. I think every woman in Rohan have at least some kind of cooking skills and since Aragorn is a ranger who has travelled who knows where, he shouldn't be very fastidious.
Old 11-02-2003, 01:00 PM   #43
ArathorofBarahir
Wight

ArathorofBarahir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hey for all of you who need something to occupy your time until the Two Towers EE comes on the 18th of November, The Return of the King video game comes out on November 6th!
Old 11-03-2003, 03:20 PM   #44
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

It hit me earlier that it was only 15 days until I see Denethor, and I began hyperventilating. Help me...<P>*breathes into a paper bag*
Old 11-12-2003, 07:21 PM   #45
Morquesse
Wight

Morquesse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Lovely visual, Meela. <P>If you've seen the 'Homage to Tom Bombadil' clip from Lordoftherings.net, I think that confirms the OMW part.<BR>Here it is btw: <A HREF="http://lordoftherings.net/homevideo/video/" TARGET=_blank>http://lordoftherings.net/homevideo/video/</A><P>Only six days!!! YAY!! <BR>~M
Old 11-12-2003, 08:11 PM   #46
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

Well, Eowyn isn't any normal woman of Rohan. She's grown up without a mum, without an aunt, and along with all the boys. Now unless all the Rohirrim men regularly learn how to make delicious stews, she probably didn't learn much by the way of cooking. Thus, she probably threw a bunch of stuff together, overcooked the lot, and tried to feed it to poor Argie.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fėanor, and there he slew Finwė King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwė alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Old 11-13-2003, 02:55 AM   #47
Tintalle
Pile O'Bones

Location: At the Gates of Morannon, waiting for the Great Battle
Tintalle has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Not one used to gloating, but I am getting the Extended DVD of TTT today!!! <P>I don't know how my source did it ... but I'm happy!!! Teeeheeheee!
Old 11-13-2003, 03:11 AM   #48
Gryphon Hall
Animated Skeleton

Gryphon Hall has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Gryphon Hall
Sting

I'm sorry if I didn't read through all of the posts to see if my question is actually answered already, but does the Extended TTT have a Faramir that is "good"?<P>I mean, they redeemed Boromir, right?
Old 11-13-2003, 08:25 AM   #49
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

Yes, they redeem Faramir. Or at least they present a good reason for his behaviour.
Old 11-14-2003, 05:50 PM   #50
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Sting

Just a FEW short days away! Think about that, I started this post months ago!
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Old 11-14-2003, 06:23 PM   #51
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

*sigh* This was one of those things that snuck up on me while I was waiting for RotK. But now that the EV is coming out in just <B>3</B> short days, I'm seriously freaking out! *squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!* <P>I can't wait to see the new bits with Merry and Pippin (*hisses* my hobbitses...) The entdraught scene will be brilliant, I just know it! <P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 11-15-2003, 07:09 AM   #52
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

DENEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!!!<P>Ha d to get it out of my system...
Old 11-15-2003, 08:23 AM   #53
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

What will be the difference between the normal Extended DVD and the Collector version?
Old 11-15-2003, 01:06 PM   #54
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

(Wow, Meela! Perhaps for Christmas I should get you an inflatable Denethor doll. )<P>SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My parents are taking me to go buy the EE Edition on Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (of course I have to buy it with my own money, but that doesn't matter!) SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fėanor, and there he slew Finwė King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwė alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Old 11-15-2003, 02:39 PM   #55
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

The Collector version comes with a little Gollum model and some blah about how they made him, I think. Or maybe just the model...
Old 11-15-2003, 05:26 PM   #56
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I think the collector's edition will come with the EE, and a slimy-looking Gollum statue, which isn't HALF as appealing as the Argonath bookends, and a disk about Gollum's creation which is probably just some extra stuff they didn't put in the EE behind the scenes discs.
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Old 11-16-2003, 09:15 AM   #57
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
Sting

Not fair! The EE won't be out before Wednesday here. Well, 2 days...maybe I'll handle that.
Old 11-17-2003, 06:45 AM   #58
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

I just got it this morning! A whole day early! I squealed so much!<P>I haven't watched it all yet, as I'm going through in scene order. But soon I'll be watching Denethor... and just thinking about it makes me shake with excitement...<P>*screams happily and runs off to watch more*
Old 11-17-2003, 08:24 AM   #59
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

I saw him!!! I saw my beloved Denethor!!<P>I won't say anything to spoil it, but I will just note that if you thought Faramir was an evil git, you will be given a very good reason for it. And you will definitely feel sorry for him.<P>I cried. It was a very good scene.
Old 11-17-2003, 12:18 PM   #60
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

<I>TOMORROWTOMORROWTOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</I> *squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!* ^^ <P>How did you get a copy early, Meela? That's so awesome!<P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 11-17-2003, 04:16 PM   #61
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

The local shop just happened to release it early. They released the August dvd of TTT 4 days early, so I half expected this one to be the same.<P>OMG!! I can't stop dancing around. I've watched the Denethor scene about 30 times over! It's just so good! And he is simply irresistable...
Old 11-17-2003, 05:04 PM   #62
balrogman
Wight

balrogman has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

its already out here in canada(well calgary at least) but my brother is gonna buy it on monday, which means i dont have to spend any of my money on it! double bonus!
Old 11-17-2003, 05:58 PM   #63
Goldberry
Shade of Carn Dūm

Goldberry has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Goldberry
Shield

I got mine today too! I had pre-ordered it from LotR shop through New Line. YAY!!!! Anyway.... <P>I can't watch it all today because of homework issues, *grumble* but I will be finishing it tomorrow. The parts I have seen so far are wonderful!!
Old 11-18-2003, 06:05 AM   #64
Mischievous Candle

Sting

There has been some problems in Germany with the machine that makes the covers of EE and I won't get my copy before Nov 26th
Old 11-18-2003, 06:25 AM   #65
Elentįri_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dūm

Elentįri_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Awww! You poor thing! I'm in a maths lesson at the moment... And I just remembered it comes out today, so I've texted my dad to find out how we're getting it! (No I didn't forget...at least, I remembered yesterday, but it slipped my mind this morning. In my defence I will say that I had a whole load of skating tests this morning! And I passed them all!!! YAY!!!!!!)
Old 11-18-2003, 09:48 PM   #66
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Ladies and Gentlemen....congratulations. You have made it! Now don't we feel proud? I'll bet we feel like Rush Limbaugh just getting out of therapy!<P>I have to delay my viewing of the brand-spanking new Two Towers Extended Edition movie until Friday, but we definitely got it the first day.<P>What do you guys think about the golden super special edition gift pack thing? I got the first Gift Pack, with the Argonath bookends, but a slimy Gollum statue just didn't appeal as much, you know?
Old 11-18-2003, 10:04 PM   #67
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

Yay! My absolutely wonderful Dad bought me the EE of TTT today!!!!! I'm absolutely euphoric!!!! <P>Of course I won't be able to watch it until Friday, but I still don't care.
Old 11-19-2003, 02:09 AM   #68
Sharkū
Hungry Ghoul

Sharkū has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

This topic has become obsolete.
Closed Thread