The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2012, 09:44 PM   #321
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Okay, so now that Shasta's dead, is there a one of you that has received special information about Amandil's line?

(I'm not asking for you to out the person, I'm just wanting you to raise your hand if you've been sent special info, and then if someone contests that claim I suppose we'll put the both of you to the test.)
Old 12-01-2012, 09:51 PM   #322
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

In light of lynches the past couple days, there are some general, if flawed, conclusions we can leap to thanks to which people are under pressure at certain times etc.

If Steve is a KM then it's unlikely that Sally, Inzil, or Lottie is.
If Manwe is then it's unlikely that Sally, Steve, or Morsul is.
If Morsul is then it's unlikely that Sally or Lottie is.

According to those rules I sketched out teams of possible packmates to see which occurred most often and which individuals were compatible with the most others etc. etc. and Nerwen appears a heck of a lot, followed by Inzil, then a pile-up between everyone else.

So, as a proven innocent that will be killed by the KMs fairly soon, can I make a request of you folks? I'd like to see everyone give some sort of analysis on Nerwen and Inzil, and then pick a third individual that you for certain think is guilty.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:54 PM   #323
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
So, are we going to debate what role Shasta had?
Hmm...well, that's a tough one. I'll have to think about it.

phantom, should I assume that you didn't receive a dream last Night? Then we can pretty much confirm that Boro was indeed Elendil...not that it's any surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul
So Pom was Ordo which means to me anyway Sally is evil Nerwen is evil and probably ZIl.
Wow, you really think all three baddies would hop on the Pom bandwagon? I doubt it.

I do feel fairly confident that at least one baddie took part in getting Pom lynched, for reasons I stated yesterDay. And when I say this, I don't mean just those who voted her, but anyone who contributed to the bandwagon. Because a baddie can manipulate a lynch without actually voting the target lynchee.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:58 PM   #324
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Okay, so now that Shasta's dead, is there a one of you that has received special information about Amandil's line?

(I'm not asking for you to out the person, I'm just wanting you to raise your hand if you've been sent special info, and then if someone contests that claim I suppose we'll put the both of you to the test.)
I have the info. I don't know how active I can be at the moment though. I'm away from home and working from a smartphone.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:58 PM   #325
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brin
phantom, should I assume that you didn't receive a dream last Night? Then we can pretty much confirm that Boro was indeed Elendil...not that it's any surprise.
Heh heh- if I had received a dream I probably would PMed back, "Um, are you sure?"
Quote:
Wow, you really think all three baddies would hop on the Pom bandwagon? I doubt it.
Well, Inzil voted early for Steve I believe, so that would only be two on the wagon, which would be an understandable number if in fact the threatened Sally was a KM.

Btw, you're not obligated to answer my questions, Brin, since you're a proven innocent.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:59 PM   #326
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Putting this out there now: I didn't get any new information last Night. Sorry I can't help out more.

Quote:
No village has ever regretted listening to an innocent Phantom. You know that, right? *grumble*
And no village has ever lynched an innocent Sally and come up victorious. You know that, right? *grumbles right back*

I am sorry about Pom though. I waited too long to vote; if I'd put Morsul up earlier in the Day, I think we would have had a chance at him, but either was a good candidate in my eyes at the time, so I didn't press the issue.

EDIT: x'd since 321
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:00 PM   #327
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Hmm...well, that's a tough one. I'll have to think about it.

I do feel fairly confident that at least one baddie took part in getting Pom lynched, for reasons I stated yesterDay. And when I say this, I don't mean just those who voted her, but anyone who contributed to the bandwagon. Because a baddie can manipulate a lynch without actually voting the target lynchee.
It's at the point that even if one innocent makes a mistake(me) then as long as they vote together it's not that hard to outvote everyone else.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:01 PM   #328
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Well, Inzil, that would be quite helpful indeed if you are indeed innocent, as that would rule out several potential packs.

Don't out the person yet, though, as they may be unprepared at this time. Give it a while and see if anyone tries to refute your claim.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:03 PM   #329
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
YesterDay's Voting:

Italics = known innocent
Underlined = deceased

Pom ++ Sally
Morsul ++ Pom
Inzil ++ Steve
Shasta ++ Pom
Manwe ++ Morsul
Brinn ++ Inzil
Nerwen ++ Pom
phantom ++ Sally
Loslote ++ Sally
Sally ++ Pom
Eonwe ++ Inzil *

*didn't count

X-ed with phantom
Old 12-01-2012, 10:04 PM   #330
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Well, Inzil, that would be quite helpful indeed if you are indeed innocent, as that would rule out several potential packs.

Don't out the person yet, though, as they may be unprepared at this time. Give it a while and see if anyone tries to refute your claim.
Roger that, sir.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:04 PM   #331
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Isildur- make sure you're ready to reveal at some point later today if it's necessary. I'm hoping you have some markers to point back to in case we need proof. I already requested that the Ordo information-recipient not out you, so you should have a bit of time to prepare, anyway.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:07 PM   #332
Mänwe
Shade of Carn Dűm

Mänwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Mänwe
Quote:
I'd like to see everyone give some sort of analysis on Nerwen and Inzil, and then pick a third individual that you for certain think is guilty.
Looking back at the votes and late suspicions on the last vote, the known innocents were rather split on their thoughts, you voted Lottie first day phantom.

And wow, an early vote from Morsul. That's irritating if he won't be around much for the rest of toDay.

edit: x' d with all of the above
- (Letter #124 To Sir Stanley Unwin)

Last edited by Mänwe; 12-01-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Mänwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:11 PM   #333
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Okay, just to keep track of this little tidbit, if you post but don't say you have the info I'm assuming you are saying you don't have it-

Claims to be the Known Ordo with special Amandil information:
Inzil

Did not receive special Amandil information:
Phantom
Brin
Sally
Manwe
Morsul

Has not posted:
Steve
Nerwen
Lottie
Old 12-01-2012, 10:12 PM   #334
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
The voting thus far....

Day One

Eomer-->Sally
Pom-->Dun
Shasta-->Steve
Dun-->Eomer
Lottie-->Steve (2)
Morsul-->Sally (2)
Boro-->Lottie
Brinn-->Eomer (2)
Sally-->Eomer (3)
Phantom-->Lottie (2)
Steve-->Eomer (4)

Didn't vote: Manwe, Nerwen

Day Two

Pom-->Sally
Morsul-->Pom
Dun-->Steve
Shasta-->Pom (2)
Manwe-->Morsul
Brinn-->Dun
Nerwen-->Pom (3)
Phantom-->Sally (2)
Lottie-->Sally (3)
Sally-->Pom (4)
Steve-->Dun (2)*

*Vote was past DL.

Morsul: Sally, Pom
Nerwen: no vote, Pom
Dun: Eomer, Steve
Lottie: Steve, Sally
Shasta: Steve, Pom
Manwe: no vote, Morsul
Pom: Dun, Sally
Phantom: Lottie, Sally
Sally: Eomer, Pom
Eomer: Sally, N/A
Boro: Lottie, N/A
Steve: Eomer, Dun (voted after DL)
Brinn: Eomer, Dun

Known innocents (minus Dun and myself, for obvious reasons) are italicized. I'd have underlined known villains, but we don't have any. >.<

x'd since my last
Old 12-01-2012, 10:13 PM   #335
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
Well, Inzil voted early for Steve I believe, so that would only be two on the wagon, which would be an understandable number if in fact the threatened Sally was a KM.
Inzil was seriously considering voting Pom though, which is why I count him as part of the bandwagon.

Darn it, Inzil. I was all ready to suspect you toDay and then you just had to go and do that.

I wonder if a baddie would risk falsely claiming the info. But unless we do have a counter-claim, I'm leaving Inzil alone.

Edit: X-ed with Sally
Old 12-01-2012, 10:16 PM   #336
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
I wonder if a baddie would risk falsely claiming the info.
Dunno... I was going to run a trial of it in my head yesterday but just never got to it, so I haven't really thought about it at all.

If anyone else has considered it, by all means give your thoughts.
Quote:
But unless we do have a counter-claim, I'm leaving Inzil alone.
Quite right.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:20 PM   #337
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
Quite right.
Third.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:20 PM   #338
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

We know these are innocent-
Phantom
Brin

Pending approval as known innocent-
Inzil

The rest-
Sally
Manwe
Morsul
Steve
Lottie
Nerwen

Now, one of "the rest" is a Gifted that can hopefully have a successful reveal when called upon, so really that category is only 5 people, 3 of which are KMs. We can still win, but we need to vote together as much as possible and not spread things out to let the KMs stack the piles. Also, if at all possible don't vote extremely early, but also not in the final 5 minutes today.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:24 PM   #339
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

So, Sally and Manwe (and anyone else around)- since Inzil has been tossed out for the time being, my request from this post is easier to manage now. Why don't you go ahead and give your thoughts, please. Mount as strong defenses or offenses as you can manage...
Old 12-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #340
Mänwe
Shade of Carn Dűm

Mänwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Mänwe
Quote:

Edit: X-ed with Sally
Yup.

Heh, early vote Morsul. Who has been targeted by and who has targeted Sally in the past few days. Gah.

edit: x'd with the above until last post.

well i've lumped the morsul, sally, pom and steve in the wishy washy. You voted Lottie first night, and i've not looked at her properly yet (or Nerwen) and will do later toDay so will be back later.
- (Letter #124 To Sir Stanley Unwin)

Last edited by Mänwe; 12-01-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Mänwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:28 PM   #341
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
So, Sally and Manwe (and anyone else around)- since Inzil has been tossed out for the time being, my request from this post is easier to manage now. Why don't you go ahead and give your thoughts, please. Mount as strong defenses or offenses as you can manage...
Dude, I would, but you know how crappy I am at reading Nerwen. I'll go have another look at her, but no promises that my thoughts will win me a sparkly umbrella.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:52 PM   #342
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Not...exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I'd have underlined known villains, but we don't have any. >.<
Erm...I do.

I got a dream last night.

I know, right?

But yeah.

I have a wolf.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #343
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Explain.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:54 PM   #344
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Players who showed suspicions of Pom:

Morsul: Consistently suspects Pom all Day and votes her. Either a misguided innocent or a baddie jumping on player who's a potential easy lynch.

Sally: Suspects her early on. I mentioned before that an innocent is more inclined to feel suspicious of someone who voted her, but that doesn't discount the possibility of a baddie taking advantage of the situation. Her vote for Pom doesn't mean much to me since her neck was on the chopping block at that point.

Inzil: Leaving alone for now.

Shasta: Dead and innocent.

Nerwen: Replies to Pom's disagreement and implication about her not wanting to spread out the votes. Nerwen's reply was understandable as I felt the same way. She doesn't openly suspect Pom though until the last moments of the Day, then votes her. That I do find suspicious.

---

I don't know what to do with Morsul. So many of his comments and theories seem rather out there. But others say that's how he typically is, which isn't helpful. It could make him an easy lynch for the baddies, though if he were a baddie, the pack could use that to their favor.

Nerwen's vote for Pom is most worrying to me as her suspicions suddenly come at the very last minute.

I really don't know about Sally. I no longer feel as good about her, so she's moving into my 'not sure' category.

Edit: X-ed with the last few. Wow...okay.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:55 PM   #345
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Explain.
I received a dream last Night. In the dream, it was revealed to me the identity of a wolf. (I won't say who until later on in the Day.)

Elendil is still alive.

EDIT: xed with Brinn
Old 12-01-2012, 10:57 PM   #346
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Loslote, why would you (an unknown) receive a dream and not phantom or me (two known innocents). That just doesn't make sense.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:58 PM   #347
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Loslote, why would you (an unknown) receive a dream and not phantom or me (two known innocents). That just doesn't make sense.
Maybe Elendil didn't want to risk the dreamer being killed. I have no idea why me in particular.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:00 PM   #348
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
I could possibly see not giving the dream to phantom, on the off-chance he might have been killed, but why indeed not Brinn?
Old 12-01-2012, 11:02 PM   #349
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I could possibly see not giving the dream to phantom, on the off-chance he might have been killed, but why indeed not Brinn?
Honestly? I don't know. I have absolutely no clue.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:04 PM   #350
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Yeah, but there were three known innocents to pick between. Shasta was most certain to be killed. Choosing one of the other two wouldn't be that risky, especially with the possibility that one of us is protected.

Inzil (assuming he's telling the truth) knows the identity of a gifted. If Elendil's alive, that would be him, right?

I need some time to unscramble my brain...
Old 12-01-2012, 11:04 PM   #351
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

After all, when you do have a choice of two innocents, sending a dream to an unknown seems pretty darned risky.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:06 PM   #352
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
After all, when you do have a choice of two innocents, sending a dream to an unknown seems pretty darned risky.
I agree. It makes no sense - I can't count how often I've re-checked the pm to make sure I didn't read it wrong or imagined it or something.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:09 PM   #353
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Yeah, but there were three known innocents to pick between. Shasta was most certain to be killed. Choosing one of the other two wouldn't be that risky, especially with the possibility that one of us is protected.
Exactly. Personally, I'd have chosen you as the least likely of the three to be targeted.,
Old 12-01-2012, 11:10 PM   #354
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
I agree. It makes no sense - I can't count how often I've re-checked the pm to make sure I didn't read it wrong or imagined it or something.
I'm going to pull the jerk move here and ask that you say what you know. Unlike Dun, there's no harm that can come from you sharing your information. We can mull over why you received the information all Day, but whether or not it's valid (and the implications of said validity) is what's important here.

EDIT: x'd with Dun
Old 12-01-2012, 11:13 PM   #355
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
I'm going to pull the jerk move here and ask that you say what you know. Unlike Dun, there's no harm that can come from you sharing your information. We can mull over why you received the information all Day, but whether or not it's valid (and the implications of said validity) is what's important here.
And yet, watching wolves scramble when they know we know one of their own is so enlightening. I'd prefer to hold off for a while, until I can at least get a sense of how the individual players react.

If everyone insists on knowing, though, I'll share early - but I feel that we'd be losing out on valuable information if I give the name too quickly.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:15 PM   #356
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

In theory...

If both Lottie and Inzil are telling the truth, then one knows a baddie and one knows Elendil. If Elendil revealed (which would no longer be so risky), that would be five known innocents and one known baddie. Which would make the village almost certain to win.

I don't know, I'm feeling rather skeptical...
Old 12-01-2012, 11:16 PM   #357
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Btw, Inzil should definitely hold off on his information until Lottie reveals her's.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:18 PM   #358
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Nerwen: Replies to Pom's disagreement and implication about her not wanting to spread out the votes. Nerwen's reply was understandable as I felt the same way. She doesn't openly suspect Pom though until the last moments of the Day, then votes her. That I do find suspicious.
I had a very limited time to make up my mind in, Brinn– and nobody looked *really* suspicious to me, except for Morsul, who always does.

As for the latest development–

Quote:
Exactly. Personally, I'd have chosen you as the least likely of the three to be targeted.,
I know– but what would a Wolflote have to gain by making up a story like that, though? When she could just fake-reveal?

EDIT:X'd since Zil.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:21 PM   #359
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

So...I need to sleep, and soon. I'll be around in about nine hours. I'll wait until then to reveal the wolf - hopefully by then I'll be able to see some of the wolf and potential packmates' reactions and interactions. Good night, everyone.

EDIT: xed with Nerwen
Old 12-01-2012, 11:24 PM   #360
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Btw, Inzil should definitely hold off on his information until Lottie reveals her's.
Unquestionably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
I know– but what would a Wolflote have to gain by making up a
story like that, though? When she could just fake-reveal?
Who knows?