The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-26-2003, 06:40 PM   #41
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Wow sweet! I don't know about anyone else, I always pretend to be un-agreed with, although I'm not sure of the extent of truth to that! But at least you do...
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 01:19 AM   #42
Neferchoirwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Neferchoirwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Neferchoirwen
Sting

I kinda expected that, <B>TOR Estel</B>. I hate it when my mind is conditioned to knowing what happens next.<P>Well, at least the Shire won't be harmed. That's something to look forward to---a P Jackson touch, I'm sure...
Neferchoirwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 03:30 AM   #43
Arwen_Evenstar
Wight

Arwen_Evenstar has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

One thing that I thought was just a little over the top, was crimping Shadowfax's tail. I mean, geez, he couldn't be that important of a horse that he got a crimping iron created <I>way</I> before its time!<P>~nat~<BR> oh, and I just thought I'd let you know about a typo in one of my books; in David Day's 'a Guide to Tolkien' he put Caras Galadhon as Caras Galadon. GGRRR! It just peeved me!<BR> <p>[ July 29, 2003: Message edited by: Arwen_Evenstar ]
Old 07-29-2003, 03:50 AM   #44
Morgul Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Morgul Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Morgul Queen
Sting

Oh you've done it now!!!!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> -Would it have been that much harder to show Aragorn jumping over the gate after the hobbits to get into Bree? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>And they had that perfect panning shot in which to insert that scent too.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> In FotR, in Moria, Gandalf is deciding which one of the three tunnels to take. He takes one going down when it clearly says in the book the tunnel goes up! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Woohoo!!!! I'm not the only person agonixing over THAT!!!!!! It sticks out really bad doesn't it?!!!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Aragorn falls into a raging river somewhere in the Westfold. Now does that seem odd to you? The answer is yes beacuse there is no river in the Westfold! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Even worse, if they were going for dramatic wouldn't it have been a heck of a lot easier to go up to the `Frodo is poisened, presumed dead and then captured' thing (AKA Shelob's Lair)<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> What about when Boromir is fighting and gets hit by an arrow and suddenly his horn is cut in half. I don't think a frickin arrow could do that. Thye editor said he locked himself away for a weekend to edit that scene. Damn slacker<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I put that on frame by frame on the EXTENDED version and I found that one moment Boromir's quite happily fighting, maiming and decapitating orcs and no-ones anywhere near him that could have touched the horn, he gets hit by the arrow bends slightly, the horn goes just out of view and - Hey Presto - its broken into two....HOW THE FLAMING AND FROZEN SOLID HECK DID THAT HAPPEN?!!!!!!!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Face it all good heros need to get the cr@p beaten out of them sometime. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hello? Frodo. Tower of Cirith Ungol.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> The only thing that annoyed me was how Arwen is always seeming to save the day now... Hell i miss Glorfindel!<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> <P>Me too. *sigh* Thats one less hot Elf dude to oogle. AND all (well, almost all) the others are played by total rejects...`cept a few of the background guys are total skux!!!<P>Now I really shouldn't mention this but...uh...I was wondering...WHAT HAPPENED TO THE NAZGUL'S EYES!!!!!!!! AND BILBO'S SPOONS!!!!<BR>(Ignore the last bit...we had Poly Fest and the Viard boys will make anyone a bit addled *swoon*)
Morgul Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 08:02 PM   #45
Neferchoirwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

My brother actually noticed this (keen ears may also mean keen eyes).<P>In the Moria tomb scene, we see Frodo being monitored by the cave troll as they sort of hide behind this pillar. In a close up if Frodo, Pippin is seen in the background, watching the other fight down bellow. Pip's face was rather visible, meaning that he would have seen the troll come up from behind Frodo, thus giving him a warning.<P>anyone notice that?
Old 08-05-2003, 08:22 PM   #46
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

I noticed that merry and pip were behind Frodo so you'd think that they would have noticed a not so inconspicuos troll running about going after him giving either one enough warning to shout at Frodo.
Old 08-06-2003, 08:02 AM   #47
Lily Bracegirdle
Wight

Lily Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

While we're on the subject of the Aragorn-falling-off-a-cliff scene, why is it that people who fall into rivers FLOAT even when they're wearing pounds and pounds of metal armor? Isildur couldn't even dive after the Ring even though he was in chainmail and a cuirass (40+ pounds of it)! Plus, even if you claim Aragorn isn't wearing metal, men don't float horizontally. Grr.<P>-Lily
Old 08-07-2003, 02:26 PM   #48
Duncariel
Wight

Duncariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

No kidding! I was watching FotR last night, again, and I noticed that even though Frodo only paddles the boat about three times, slowly, he's half way across the river before Sam even enters the water. Then, when Sam sinks, he gets back to him just as fast! Unless Hobbits can teleport, and they can't, then this is impossible even for an elf. Stupid movie. <P>Another thing that I noticed. When the Fellowship is running from the orcs in Moria, Sting isn't glowing! And throughout the whole movie, we don't see Glamdring glow at all, even though it says that it should in the book. Grrrr....
Old 08-08-2003, 07:29 AM   #49
Arwen Eruantale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arwen Eruantale has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Arwen Eruantale
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>WHAT HAPPENED TO THE NAZGUL'S EYES!!!!!!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I'm not exactly certain, <B>Morgul Queen</B>, but I'm pretty sure George Lucas' <I>Jawas</I> are copyrighted... <p>[ August 08, 2003: Message edited by: Arwen Eruantale ]

Will you pay attention?
Arwen Eruantale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 09:25 AM   #50
Neferchoirwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> why is it that people who fall into rivers FLOAT even when they're wearing pounds and pounds of metal armor? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I think <I>A Knight's Tale</I> broke that mold...sadly, Jackson stuck with it, except that: Was it really armor that Aragorn was wearing? Wasn't he wearing armor at Helm's Deep?
Old 08-09-2003, 12:53 AM   #51
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Then, when Sam sinks, he gets back to him just as fast! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Not to mention the suddenly changing depth of the water. I mean, it's at Sam's chest, then suddenly he's what? Five feet under? And Frodo can still reach him.<P>That horn thing bothers me no end. Also, shouldn't there be more arrows in Boromir? The book says many. Since when does three count as many?
Tinuviel of Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 10:52 AM   #52
Arwen Eruantale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Yes, the book says many. But I know a lot of people -<I>not</I> including myself- that could barely handle poor Boromir's death in the first place; much less an even longer one. <BR>Besides, they have to keep it as close to a PG-13 as possible, since that was the contracted rating for all three. I don't know how their going to do it in RotK, since it is after all:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>"..A full on war movie."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>I can't wait...<p>[ August 09, 2003: Message edited by: Arwen Eruantale ]

Will you pay attention?
Old 08-09-2003, 11:43 AM   #53
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I think this has probably been mentioned before (possibly by me already?), but the main thing that ticked me off was in the extended version at the gift-giving when Sam says this: "Thank you my Lady. <B>Have you run out of those nice shiny daggers?</B>" PJ made Sam sound <I>un-grateful</I> there when Sam is always any but ungrateful! That really ticked me off .
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 02:36 PM   #54
Arwen Eruantale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Ah! I forgot about that, that was the only thing that really bugged me. At least, the only thing that I never really got over... <p>[ August 09, 2003: Message edited by: Arwen Eruantale ]

Will you pay attention?