The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2008, 03:49 AM   #1441
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

So, it's Wednesday... Time for your second dose of Phalian nonsense! Ready? No? Too late!

Old 12-10-2008, 11:14 AM   #1442
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Just a question - are the members of the Cloaky group in any way linked to members on the forums?

Maybe Thinlómien as Brenda Beak?!
Old 12-10-2008, 11:55 AM   #1443
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Might View Post
Just a question - are the members of the Cloaky group in any way linked to members on the forums?
No. That was an idea early on, but I abandoned it.
Will we ever find out General Crock-face's real name? Who knows?

And Brenda Beak is not Lommy... Although Lommy will be making an appearance. And be on the look out for The Saucepan Man, he'll be back! As will The Barrow Wight Himself!
Old 12-10-2008, 04:33 PM   #1444
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Ok, then another question - Will Legate get some character like that? I think he deserves one, plus it would be nice to see Alien bite his head off.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:43 PM   #1445
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Ok, then another question - Will Legate get some character like that? I think he deserves one, plus it would be nice to see Alien bite his head off.
In volume 3, for sure. He's a game show host. I think Alien will be a contestant. With hilarious consequences, of course.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:20 PM   #1446
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
In volume 3, for sure. He's a game show host. I think Alien will be a contestant. With hilarious consequences, of course.
Can't wait to see that...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:01 PM   #1447
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Just to let you know, I may go back to the two comics a week towards Christmas as things get a little more frantic. It may happen, but it's not official. Besides, I'm sure you'll all have better things to do in the up coming weeks any way...

But for now...

Who is 'he'? Who really wants The Phantom? And why? He's not that awesome... is he?

Or is he?

Probably not.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:46 PM   #1448
Lindale
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lindale has just left Hobbiton.
He surely isn't Alien, is He?

Legal Madness.
Lindale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:07 AM   #1449
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindale View Post
He surely isn't Alien, is He?
Who knows? ... ... Well... I do... But I'm not going to tell you.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:14 PM   #1450
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Ooh, I can't wait to see how the Phantom gets out of this one. Excellent job, Hookbill, the suspense is getting even more suspenseful (yes, that actually is a word)!
Old 12-13-2008, 08:23 AM   #1451
Lindale
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
He's not that awesome... is he?
Awesome enough to be the lead character in your comic strips, I guess. Muwahahaha.

Legal Madness.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:57 AM   #1452
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindale View Post
Awesome enough to be the lead character in your comic strips, I guess.
Or is he?
Old 12-14-2008, 11:39 AM   #1453
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Heijj!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Can't wait to see that...
Heijjjjjjj!!!

Quote:
At least that...

"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 06:04 PM   #1454
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Lets find out what's going on in the world shall we?

The adventure thunders on towards the first epic finale in episode 50. What will happen? Who will eat whom? And how long will it be before Alien does something very stupid?

Comic Archive

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 12-14-2008 at 06:10 PM.
Hookbill the Goomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 05:43 AM   #1455
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Pipe

Davem's voice posh? Heh, I always said these Barnsley folk were class traitors
Old 12-15-2008, 12:40 PM   #1456
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Hey, but I became a fan of the mutant piano! Cheers the Editor!
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:08 PM   #1457
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Your second Phantom and Alien of the week!

See you on Friday!
Old 12-17-2008, 05:06 PM   #1458
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Boots Random Titles get stabbed...

The look on Brenda's face in the last panel is priceless.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:38 AM   #1459
Lindale
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

It's driving me nuts, that comic strip of yours, Hooky! And to think I'll get to read the next one no earlier than Saturday morning here.

Legal Madness.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:58 AM   #1460
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I think it's hilarious that she's there to assassinate him and yet she stands by and waits for him to arm himself....
Old 12-18-2008, 03:13 PM   #1461
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
I think it's hilarious that she's there to assassinate him and yet she stands by and waits for him to arm himself....
Yeah, she was supposed to be creeping closer to him while rolling her eyes, but I was obviously not concentrating when I made this.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:47 AM   #1462
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

I almost forgot to post this! Sorry about that. There will only be two Phantom and Alien comics next week and possibly the week after. But, rest assured, there WILL be a special Christmas surprise for you all.

Sorry if the text is hard to read in this one.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:00 AM   #1463
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

Alien looks like he is from Splinter Cell, only lacking those three green eyes.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:40 AM   #1464
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
While it is true that Americans get their best political news from comedy shows, I don't think this British comic gives us reliable news.

For instance, I'm sure this issue is not about suspicious old Bob at all. I think it is about suspicious old Squatter or suspect old Rimbaud who surrupticiously just pop in and then drop off the Downs at random shots.

Not meaning to imply that I think P&A is reliable in any predicable way.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:09 PM   #1465
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I admit, I do have those mysterious powers. They seem to be on and off though. Right now I'm trying to utilize them but with little effect. Where are those darn car-keys? And what was I doing again?
Old 12-20-2008, 02:21 PM   #1466
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Great job, Hookbill! I am loving all these new Alien costumes.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:17 PM   #1467
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

The offices of the Downer's printing press were burned down this morning by an angry protester. They hope to have the paper back in circulation by Thursday.

Until then, the only source of news is the Tabloid paper, The Barrow;

Fortunately, about two months ago the Downer farmed out the printing of The Phantom and Alien to another company. They were able to deliver the next episode. Just for you!

Comic Archive

Look out on Christmas day for a special Phantom and Alien animation extravaganza!
Old 12-21-2008, 08:27 PM   #1468
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
EDITORIAL REPLY

Dear Editor:

This week's edition of your newspaper was much abbreviated. I appreciate the shortened version. I request you make further reductions in your future editions. With any luck, you may soon disappear altogether.

One small cut for the 'Downer; one giant relief for mankind.

Tersely yours,
Curt Frankenbluff
Chief Redactor
Blunt & Brusque Briefs, Ltd.

Last edited by Morthoron; 12-23-2008 at 08:29 AM.
Morthoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 06:15 AM   #1469
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Wasn't there supposed to be a free Bananarama CD with today's paper? There usually is with tabloids!

I'll have to have strong words with my newsagent. The paper boy has probably nicked it again...
Old 12-22-2008, 06:34 AM   #1470
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendë View Post
Wasn't there supposed to be a free Bananarama CD with today's paper? There usually is with tabloids!

I'll have to have strong words with my newsagent. The paper boy has probably nicked it again...
There was going to be a potatorama CD, but it melted in the microwaves the staff thought were cupboards.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:56 PM   #1471
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill
There was going to be a potatorama CD, but it melted in the microwaves the staff thought were cupboards.
This may be the cause of the 'mysterious fire'. I hear if you put a CD in a microwave, it'll create sparks.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 01:11 PM   #1472
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Congratulations to Volo! I always that kid would make it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen View Post
This may be the cause of the 'mysterious fire'. I hear if you put a CD in a microwave, it'll create sparks.
And if your microwave survives long enough it will start shooting lightning!
Old 12-22-2008, 04:21 PM   #1473
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Don't tempt me into any more experiments - I'm all out of custard and it's too tempting to put some of Dave's CDs in the microwave for devilment
Old 12-23-2008, 12:08 AM   #1474
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Volo, do you usually try eating green custard with your eyes?

~ THE, thank you very much.
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 10:30 AM   #1475
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

I'm just wondering if this Barrow-Downs tabloid shares features with some other tabloids?

Like a Denethor's Photo Case Book, The 3am Orcsies, Bungo Bingo, but hopefully not Page 3 with Gandalf's fondness for uncloaking
Old 12-23-2008, 11:20 AM   #1476
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendë View Post
I'm just wondering if this Barrow-Downs tabloid shares features with some other tabloids?

Like a Denethor's Photo Case Book, The 3am Orcsies, Bungo Bingo, but hopefully not Page 3 with Gandalf's fondness for uncloaking
They tried getting models for the page three thing, but Gandalf always managed to get in all the photos. He's a crafty one!

Tomorrow will be your last day to get things PMed or E-mailed to me if you want something in the Christmas paper!
Old 12-23-2008, 01:45 PM   #1477
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Tomorrow will be your last day to get things PMed or E-mailed to me if you want something in the Christmas paper!
*The Dark Elf smirks malevolently*

Mwa-ha-ha-ha...
Old 12-23-2008, 06:53 PM   #1478
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Your Wednesday Phantom and Alien is a little gross...

Don't you just love The Barrow Wight's wall paper? It's GREAT!
Old 12-24-2008, 03:20 AM   #1479
Laurinquë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Laurinquë has been trapped in the Barrow!
Gross? I found nothing gross or disturbing in P&A this time. What a let down.

Nice wallpaper by the way, it's always interesting to see Barrow-Wight home decor. Mine's better though, I should post that picture I drew of it...
Laurinquë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 06:02 PM   #1480
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up Happy St Ralph The Liar's Day!

Thanks to some quick thinking and a lot of beef, the paper was printed...

There was even an inside page...

And now, the moment that will make you want to throw your computer away with rage...

IT'S FUNGOLTCH AND SCHMURT SAVE CHRISTMAS!!!

Here's a screen shot to whet your appetites.

To see more of these folks...

Comic Archive

And I hope you all have wonderful times.

Credits:

Animation - Matt Cornah
Story board - Joel Cornah (me)

Voices
Fungoltch - Matt
Schmurt - Matt with a higher pitched voice.
Alien - Me
Phantom - Lester Square

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 12-25-2008 at 07:34 AM.
Hookbill the Goomba is offline   Reply With Quote