The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2015, 10:08 PM   #121
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Diceroll time...............

Back and forth the arguments went - the loud accused the quiet, the quiet accused the loud, the loud accused the loud, the quiet accused the quiet, things got heated, things got cold, things got lukewarm and were spat out in disgust. In the end a hasty decision had been made to not keep their tavern keep, Eomer of the Rohirrim.

In their haste a stuffed snake that had totally been there the whole time suddenly appeared stabbed through his heart, killing him relatively instantly. Snakes are dangerous if you don't know where they are at all times.

He kept his eyes steadily on the painted Warg above his door while everyone else screamed and screamed and screamed. Even after he bled out completely, though his body didn't do much that dead bodies don't usually do, they kept on screaming.

It turns out he wasn't wolvish. He just admired Wargs professionally.

------------------

Dead:

Oddwen - A Visitor, beheaded and hidden under mushrooms.
Inziladun - Town Layabout, fenris'd on Day one, Werewolf
aganzir - The Butcher, dismembered on Night two, Villager
Eomer of the Rohirrim - Tavern-keep, stabbed on Day two, Villager
Living:

A Little Green - Mad Gardener and Cat/Goat Lady
Thinlomien-
The Housewife
satanisaloser2005 -
Town Bard
Legate of Amon Lanc -
Town Drunk
Kath - A Farmer, trying their hand at a new potentially lucrative crop: mushrooms!
Shasta -
A Baker of Bread (and only Bread)
Rikae -
A Candlestick Maker (but not a maker of candles)
Nerwen -
A Soup Artist who is Souper at their job

Last edited by Oddwen; 09-22-2015 at 10:18 PM. Reason: not really a diceroll after all
Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:16 PM   #122
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen View Post
wait please
Moddess, forgive me, but doesn't Eomer have 3 votes to everyone else's 2?
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:22 PM   #123
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Moddess, forgive me, but doesn't Eomer have 3 votes to everyone else's 2?
You are correct. Things happen when I am overhasty and this was one of them. I apolgize, everyone. Let us now continue with our scheduled Night, and further questions can be directed to me privately.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:00 PM   #124
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

did you know you can't edit the title when you edit a post? me either til yesterday

The village gathered as soon as the sun had risen in the yeast. The flours had just begun to open but they might as well had just slept in, as they weren't knoticed or kneaded.

The arguments of previous days had left everyone in a sourdough mood. Their moods were not countered by finding the body of Shastanis Althreduin in an oven. Several ovens, to be exact. He looked crispy. It was discrusting. His labakeratory had clearly been used in creative and probably unethical ways, but they weren't bready to dredge up very much just yet.

"This is the worst thing to happen since he discovered how to unslice bread", they mourned.

It was a pity that Shasta would never again see the sunrise that he loafed. Not loved, he would literally throw loaves of bread at the sun.

------------------

Dead:

Oddwen - A Visitor, beheaded and hidden under mushrooms.
Inziladun - Town Layabout, fenris'd on Day one, Werewolf
aganzir - The Butcher, dismembered on Night two, Villager
Eomer of the Rohirrim - Tavern-keep, stabbed on Day two, Villager
Shasta - A Baker of Bread (and only Bread), be-breadedon Night three, Villager

Living:

A Little Green - Mad Gardener and Cat/Goat Lady
Thinlomien-
The Housewife
satanisaloser2005 -
Town Bard
Legate of Amon Lanc -
Town Drunk
Kath - A Farmer, trying their hand at a new potentially lucrative crop: mushrooms!
Rikae -
A Candlestick Maker (but not a maker of candles)
Nerwen -
A Soup Artist who is Souper at their job

It is now Day three. Wolves stop PMing.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:21 AM   #125
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Hi lovelies! Just dropping in to say that I'm going to be fairly inactive toDay, I'll be at the Uni and then working for the next 13+ hours. Just briefly -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Eyebrow-raising

Rikae - Baring teeth, be they human or lupine, and I feel like an innocent Rikae wouldn't get so hot so early in the game. Not that I'm saying she's attacking outright, but she's pressing Eomer harder than is necessary and it feels sinister to me.

Eomer - Likewise, I feel like he's hit the serious level a bit too early. Between him and Rikae, one of them is almost certainly a wolf (both by the way they're acting and by statistics). The special note here is that I'm always awful at reading Eomer, so I could be off base, but if anything, that makes my brain lean toward marking him the lesser of two evils.
I think Shasta (R.I.P.) mentioned this already yesterDay, but it caught my eye, too: Sally's top suspects happened to be the loudest and most controversial ones at that moment. I'm getting a worse vibe about Sally by the minute - getting people to suspect/lynch either Eomer or Rikae would have been (and was) quite easy in that situation. Sally is too experienced a player not to know that spats like that are as often between two innocents as involving also a wolf. That she would use it as an argument against someone makes me raise an eyebrow. Then again, the vote business and the deal with Eomer later on is odd. I'll leave you guys to sort that one out, I need to run.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 03:14 AM   #126
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
No! Not my one and only!

And apologies to Eomer for casting the kill-vote on him. And no, I didn't have a very strong case, either, but in the end I thought the interaction between Eomer and Sally was too weird to be ignored. Ah well.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:21 AM   #127
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
These silent beginnings of the Day are really quite unnerving (btw, is it like this often for the Americans etc. when the DL is something European? I am not just used to this).

I would say that Shasta's death points more than to anything else to the fact that the WWs want to make quiet kills and leave the rest of the village to squabble among themselves, and to let the louder villagers go after each other's throats. Although it should be noted that Shasta actually need not have been very quiet had he actually gotten the chance to appear and post toDay, and in fact, his last minutes he started being quite vocal and I daresay sounding quite a lot like an invested innocent, so that might have been also part of the motivation. He initially suspected and voted me, and raised questions regarding sally, Rikae and Eomer's voting and interactions. Any of these might have played a role (bringing attention of the village to the people in question, or stopping him before he could make up his mind on any of these, etc. It might also have been pure elimination process; such as WWs going through the list of names "we're not killing this one, they could be suspected" and being simply left with Shasta, or somesuch).

With what Greenie just said, I'd think either sally is indeed a Wolf, or then she is. But seriously, there is something to it.

If we mislynch toDay, then toMorrow there would be the last voting Day. Personally, looking at the list, I would search for WWs among the first three names on the list (Lommy, sally, Greenie). If it's Kath, then that's a bit difficult, given how little she's posted. Nerwen seemed ok, or else she's returned to her good performance as a Wolf (it's been a while, I think, since I've played in a game where she was a Wolf). Rikae's back-and-forth with Eomer was interesting, so that's also an option, although I would basically second what Shasta said yesterDay: it is easy to see Eomer and Rikae interaction as at least one of them being Wolf (so now that would obviously have to be Rikae), but it is also possible it is just disagreements of two innocents. I would be interested to see what Rikae has to say, since we're at it.

I will be around for a while, then back late in the evening.

EDIT: x-ed with Nerwen.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 10:01 AM   #128
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Nothing much to say about it, Legate, except that I suspected Eomer to begin with, and then his aggressive response gave me the impression of a cornered wolf.

I'm really confused by Sally's behavior, but I'm inclined to think it's more innocentishly weird than wolfishly weird. I have to think a wolf would have voted to save herself. She could have been taking the chance that she'd survive and look innocent for just that reason, I suppose (well, it's something I'd do as a wolf), but I don't really think so.

I'd like to look closer at everyone else. Besides Eomer, no one really jumped out at me, although Lommy has been giving off a creepy vibe. Greenie seems reasonable. I haven't gotten any read on Kath and Nerwen - I'll have to look closer at them. Legate has been playing very innocentishly, and I also doubt he would kill Shasta when it would point so strongly back to him.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 11:30 AM   #129
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Okay, just a quick one now - this game landed probably on the worst week it could have, I have been ridiculously busy and will continue to be so, anyhow I'll now read the thread and comment, but toDay I might have to vote even earlier than before. I'm sorry for my lack of participation!
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 11:50 AM   #130
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Re: Eomer - well, I'm not surprised he was an ordo, but then again, I probably wouldn't have been surprised either if he had been a wolf... I feel that he was a bit of an easy lynch candidate though with being so vocal and more aggressive than average. (Yes I am channeling Nogrod since he's not playing. )

Re: Shasta - ??? No trace kill? Legate is a wolf who wanted pressure off his back? The wolves want to frame Legate?

Okay so right after I wrote that I read this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
I would say that Shasta's death points more than to anything else to the fact that the WWs want to make quiet kills and leave the rest of the village to squabble among themselves, and to let the louder villagers go after each other's throats. Although it should be noted that Shasta actually need not have been very quiet had he actually gotten the chance to appear and post toDay, and in fact, his last minutes he started being quite vocal and I daresay sounding quite a lot like an invested innocent, so that might have been also part of the motivation. He initially suspected and voted me, and raised questions regarding sally, Rikae and Eomer's voting and interactions. Any of these might have played a role (bringing attention of the village to the people in question, or stopping him before he could make up his mind on any of these, etc. It might also have been pure elimination process; such as WWs going through the list of names "we're not killing this one, they could be suspected" and being simply left with Shasta, or somesuch).
The contrast is quite stark with Legate being the second thing that popped into my mind and him downplaying Shasta's accusations of him. (Of course, an innocent would know another villager wasn't killed because he suspected him, but this also looks a bit too much like a wolf explaining away killing someone who was suspecting him.)

Also Legate's whole post #127 is possibly the wishy-washiest and most non-committal I have seen for a long time, up to the point that I kind of think that a wolf would be more careful of how he sounds. But really, I don't know. I'm probably soon flip-flopping as much as Legate himself but he is just really weird in this game.

.... WHAT?!!! I just shocked myself by running into my own post from fifteen minutes ago. Seriously, there have been four posts toDay. I was expecting to read like at least 10-20 more posts and some juicy discussion I could jump into. Now I don't feel so bad about being inactive, but I do feel even worse about voting early.

Like seriously I need to think. If I have time, I'll have a better look at Shasta's posts and/or yesterDay's voting, but at least expect some brainstorming in the form of a list.
Old 09-24-2015, 01:32 PM   #131
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Okay, really, sorry again, I'm just too busy and tired to do anything super productive right now. So, a list to arrange my thoughts:

Fishy
Sally - I said yesterDay she hasn't posted much but all she's posted has been more or less incriminating. That still holds toDay - the way she fixed her attention and suspicions to the Eomer-Rikae spat late yesterDay did nothing to improve her in my eyes. (Sorry muffin I know that came out a little rude. )
Legate - okay, I know, I keep switching my opinion on him, but he baffles me a lot, because he seems horribly innocent and horribly guilty at the same; and what is worse, I think I'm actually quite bad at reading him in ww (even though I assure you not in RL bwahaha ). So, idk. But I don't want to ignore his sketchiness - because if it was anyone else behaving that way, I'd probably be waving red flags all over the place.

Bees?
Greenie, Nerwen and Rikae - lumping these together because more or less the same holds for all of them. I have no specific reason to suspect them - at most Rikae seemed a little trigger-happy yesterDay, Nerwen half gives the "I have been plotting all Night" vibe in her early post(s) and Greenie's actions could be seen horribly strategically convenient for a wolf - yet I am mildly creeped out by them, probably exactly because I have no clear opinion on them and it's quite likely there's at least one wolf in this bunch. Greenie is possibly the worst because if she's a wolf I can totally see her happily sailing to victory without anyone suspecting her once. In short: I should definitely pay more attention to these three but I'm afraid it's not going to happen today thanks to my limited time and energy.

Cute fluffy bunnies
Kath - simply, she gives the cheerful happy ordo vibe and I feel good about her. I think wolf-Kath would be more cautious and fact-oriented.

...such a small village too.

Well, I think (and hope) at least one of Sally and Legate is a wolf, and the other is hiding under my radar. Of course, it would be absolutely typical that the wolves are say Greenie and Nerwen and totally happily smooth-sailing through the game without anyone much suspecting them. (Even though I think if that's the pack then they'd have been predisposed to win from the beginning...)
Old 09-24-2015, 01:35 PM   #132
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Addendum - I'll be around for a while, but only on mobile so don't expect very long posts. Voting within 2,5h in any case.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:24 PM   #133
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Sorry I'm exhausted, will contribute again toMorrow if I'm still alive. For now -

++ Legate

Too conveniently attempting to guide the village's perception of events in his favour, as in "all Inzil voters likely to be innocent" or downplaying Shasta's suspicions of him and thus his possible connection to the kill.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 04:17 PM   #134
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Oh this game is ridiculous. Seriously where is everyone?

Anyway, I should be asleep already, so:

++Sally

I have less mixed feelings about her than about Legate, and also I'd prefer to give you later voters more options as you will hopefully have more to go on and if we lynch an innocent toDay we'll be running out of time rather sooner than later.

Please talk and choose carefully, I'm getting a little worried.

/tired hypocrite out
Old 09-24-2015, 04:24 PM   #135
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I am very sorry, it has been ... a day, and I don't have the mental capacity for detail right now. So what I am going to do is jump on and bandwagon with Greenie and hope it helps others out either by putting some pressure on Legate to enable a better read, or giving the wolves pause for thought on whether to push the lynch and incriminate themselves (if he is ordo) or play avoidantly (if he is a wolf).

I will say that I was reluctant to argue myself out of having suspicion of either Inzil.voter yesterDay. The logic seemed sound but my gut feels either Greenie or Legate could easily be nasty wolvses throwing a fellow wolf out there to make themselves look good. I still feel sally is suspicious. The vote avoidance was just odd and any defences she has tried to put forth haven't really helped.

So:

++Legate
Old 09-24-2015, 05:16 PM   #136
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Ugh. I wanted to come back and contribute more earlier, before it got too late over the pond, but a lot of stuff came up - anyway, here now, rereading the thread.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:19 PM   #137
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Well, well, well - one is away for a short time and comes back to get a couple of votes out of the blue. More interestingly, it's like one person who finds me suspicious and two other ones pretty randomly voting me, while the first person doesn't.

I flip-flopped about Lommy several times reading this thread now: she has this attitude which seriously makes me wonder how she can be innocent, because I have never seen her for example misread me in such a way. I agree with her saying that she's better in figuring me out in RL than in WW, but I've been wondering whether this might be just an act she is hiding behind, in order to cast a suspicion around. Voting for somebody else might then be just a way to distance herself from my potential lynch. It's interesting anyway, because it's been a long time since I have seen a Wolf-Lommy and truth be told, it should actually be me saying that she has been acting somewhat weird in this game (mostly by saying that I am acting differently, which puzzles me, because everything aside whether one suspects me of being a Wolf or whatever, I certainly am not).

But to be absolutely honest, Greenie in the last few Days has been far worse in terms of going after me. Then again Wolves are often not that single-minded. Then again again, it is easy for a Wolf to focus on one person to persecute and then when the person is lynched, say "ah, I was wrong, sorry, gotta reevaluate!" and find a new target. Especially in such a small village, I mean, such a tactic could work better than in bigger one.

Anyway, that all being said, I would personally expect a Wolf to be clever, and Greenie even more so. But if she was the Wolf, it would mean that she would have to consider the rest of the village dumb enough to jump on me, which is maybe a bit too blunt tactic for Greenie. So maybe I am going to give her the benefit of doubt now. After all, Eomer also acted in a pattern that was similar, and look how that ended.

But anyway, now that is getting into the risk of starting to judge people based on how they act towards me, which whereas might partially also bear some witness, is really just a single part (although with this little activity in the village and with the last few people mentioning me probably by the highest percentage, there isn't very much to choose from).

What else? There was the matter of sally indeed being a bit questionable, sadly I haven't heard from her toDay. Rikae's last post also did sound partly fishy to me, at least on first read. Specifically, it was kind of "being nice and sensible". Rikae's reply to me is "civil", which of course is nice, but I am just wondering if it is too civil (like intentionally so). But then the rest of the thoughts are ones I could relate to, or at least follow the thoughts and think that they could be coming from an innocent, such as:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
I'm really confused by Sally's behavior, but I'm inclined to think it's more innocentishly weird than wolfishly weird. I have to think a wolf would have voted to save herself. She could have been taking the chance that she'd survive and look innocent for just that reason, I suppose (well, it's something I'd do as a wolf), but I don't really think so.
Unless of course Sally was the other Wolf and now that would be a way to smoothen the public image of her a little bit.

I also think, btw, that WWs are not very likely to go Wolf-on-Wolf at this stage. (Of course, now that I've said it... But seriously: the village is still small and there are two of them. Unless they have a brilliant reason to think one of them is totally going for the lynch toDay, there is no reason to bus one another.)

Also this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
I'd like to look closer at everyone else. Besides Eomer, no one really jumped out at me, although Lommy has been giving off a creepy vibe. Greenie seems reasonable. I haven't gotten any read on Kath and Nerwen - I'll have to look closer at them. Legate has been playing very innocentishly, and I also doubt he would kill Shasta when it would point so strongly back to him.
Is the kind of attitude that either an innocent who was sure of having caught a Wolf (Eomer) might have (and now the world was crashed by realisation that it was wrong and they have to start anew), or then a Wolf who had a single-minded pursuit (see above what I said about Greenie) and then is not willing to commit to anything dramatic (especially not lynching an innocent). But to be honest, I think the former is more likely, also given the amount of people in the village etc. - hiding out is a better strategy for a Wolf than a single-minded pursuit. Stay out of the spotlight, would be what I would guess to be the motto for a Wolf in this game.

So, summary:

Lommy - probably Wolfy
Greenie - maybe perhaps possibly innocent
Rikae - possibly probably I would say innocent

Now if either Kath or Nerwen are Wolves, it's pretty awful (or if both!), because they have really not been around that much to produce anything that would give a good read (especially Kath - appear and vote...). Nerwen has been at least giving vibes of "not anything unusual", as far as I am concerned.

About sally then, I have to think... it would be nice to see her posting something more. I can't be around for much longer though.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 09-24-2015, 05:26 PM   #138
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Sorry muffin I know that came out a little rude.
I am highly offended! I am a cupcake, Ma'am, and how dare you call me anything else!

I am here and reading. Not that there's a lot to read, but I'm reading all the same.

Uh....uh....right. Things. Blast. Let's get dangerous. (It's been a long day. Cut a girl a break.)

Edit: x'd with Legate
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 05:32 PM   #139
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Let me think a bit here.

I would personally prefer the most to vote Lommy now. There however also happen to be two votes straight at me. Sally has one vote. I find her also suspicious, and maybe if I were now supposed to say two names of Wolves, I would say Lommy and Sally. But there are still a few things that would make me second-guess, especially what Rikae said about her.

Anyway, I doubt both of the WWs have already voted, unless we have some unlikely pair like the sisters (would be possible, but... nah, no) or that Kath is one Wolf (which would be tragically unfortunate for the village, given her performance). I would say one has voted and one hasn't. That leaves one person out there waiting to cast an opportunistic vote. Whatever exactly that means. But that also means that if the voting is somehow close etc, they might incriminate themselves.

So ideally, I should cast such a vote to make it difficult for potential Wolves to cast their vote noncommitally. Well. What exactly that means is completely different matter.

The other thing is of course my own survival, which is by no means the most important thing objectively, but with these numbers, it kinda is. Anyway, logically, also just realised that if I voted sally, then it is very likely I would get her vote (in order to save herself, whether she is a Wolf or not), so in fact, that might not be what I want to do at all in either case. So maybe it indeed makes the most sense to vote for Lommy and hope there are just more people doing it. Can't probably go much better.

And I will have to vote soon. So hope there might be at least someone around to read before I go to sleep, in the next few dozens of minutes. (Rikae? Anyone.)

EDIT: x-ed with sally
Old 09-24-2015, 05:37 PM   #140
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I am highly offended! I am a cupcake, Ma'am, and how dare you call me anything else!

I am here and reading. Not that there's a lot to read, but I'm reading all the same.

Uh....uh....right. Things. Blast. Let's get dangerous. (It's been a long day. Cut a girl a break.)
In the name of all! I literally had forgotten that the series existed. I have completely memory blank: I remember the intro, I remember it was great, but I have no memory whatsoever what was going on there. Aanyway...

...anyway, since you are here, sally, please tell me something. Anything. Who do you suspect. Why. Anything.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:49 PM   #141
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green, re: Rikae and Eomer View Post
Sally is too experienced a player not to know that spats like that are as often between two innocents as involving also a wolf. That she would use it as an argument against someone makes me raise an eyebrow.
But in a village this small, the odds are fairly high that any given spat would involve a wolf; after all, over a quarter of our number were wolves. More to the point, I've seen Rikae get in numerous arguments before, and this is the way a wolf Rikae often acts. (A bit more on this shortly.)

Speaking of which....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
I'm really confused by Sally's behavior, but I'm inclined to think it's more innocentishly weird than wolfishly weird.
Well, that's an abrupt change of attitude. A nice one, I'll admit, but still abrupt.

I'm going over Rikae's posts with a comb and intend to have better luck than certain characters in a certain Mel Brooks film.

So what I'm saying here is....

I will go through Rikae's posts
She's the one I suspect most
And when I've come back with dirt
From the noose her neck will hurt
But for now I'll sing with glee
And survive this....hopefully

(I'm judging myself.)
Old 09-24-2015, 05:52 PM   #142
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Sooo... day one.

On Day 1, I see Lommy talking much but not saying much but "the odds are not in our favour", Legate starting the useful-ish talk, Greenie innocuously questioning Legate about wolf behavior.
Kath random votes for Eomer. Greenie picks at that. Kind of.
Lommy thinks everyone is being themselves, basically not suspecting anyone (except, somewhat, Legate). And this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Like literally my best lead at the moment is to vote Inzil because he is always a wolf...
Kind of creepy.
Greenie votes Inzil... like I said before, I think this could have been a bold wolf move. No one else had expressed suspicion of him at that point, aside from joking.Legate threatening the quiet ones (Nog's not here, I guess he's the heir) and saying Lommy's "nobody seems super suspicious" seems too nice.Lommy votes for Legate, Aganzir votes for Inzil, Legate votes for Inzil. I keep asking myself if a wolf-Legate would have done that at this point, and I keep deciding "most likely not". Although this:

Quote:
Looking at Zil's post as a sum, and given that he already has two votes, I don't actually have anything against trying to vote him.
Seems almost too casual, shoulder-shrugging, maybe calculatedly so. Resigned? But it doesn't make sense.

And finally, Sally's nonsensical non-voting, Inzil's vote for Legate and Eomer's vote for Kath.

to be continued
Old 09-24-2015, 05:53 PM   #143
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Well, that's an abrupt change of attitude. A nice one, I'll admit, but still abrupt.
How so?
Old 09-24-2015, 06:18 PM   #144
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Here and reading.
Old 09-24-2015, 06:28 PM   #145
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Okay, it would be nice to hang around and read more (if anything more comes anytimes soon), but I really have to go to sleep; also my internet is acting up, so it might take a while (like posting this also took already).

I am going before half past. If anyone can post more before that, please do so.

I am right now inclined to vote Lommy.

Now last Rikae's post again made me think he has a bit wishy-washy attitude to those things he presents. I guess toMorrow, if I am around and if he is around, he should be looked at. (Or even if I am not, in fact.) But that's all hoping that we are going to have the luxury toMorrow to actually go for the last Wolf. We can always hope, right?

Btw, saying this also in case I am not around toMorrow anymore, if Kath survives the Night, or somesuch, it is also a thing worth considering that she might be one of the culprits - as she would be the next logical choice for a no-trace kill, methinks (or, for a person who does not have value for the WWs to keep around, because she is not really drawing any suspicion to herself, because she isn't practically around).

That said, gotta check if somebody posted meanwhile and then vote and sleep. Whoops, what did I say about half past. Anyway. Ten minutes max.

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 09-24-2015 at 06:51 PM. Reason: typos, lack of sleep
Old 09-24-2015, 06:35 PM   #146
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Day 2...

Quote:
3) Agan? So the time we don't argue she dies early? Unfair. I can't think of much except that she voted Inzil if I recall correctly.
Odd that she doesn't give any conclusion about that.

Legate speculating about Eomer and Lommy being wolves together, and then Greenie posts some iffy suspicions of Lommy or Legate as packmates of Inzil, here.

Mega-analysis-post by Nerwen, concludes that Eomer is suspicious.

Greenie votes for Legate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
As to Inzil, that was an interesting bandwagon. Greenie then Agan then Legate if my reading is right. Now Inzil was bothered by Greenie's vote, saying it felt dodgy. But when push came to shove at the end he switched to saying Legate's vote was worst and attention should be focused that way. Possibly an early wolf on wolf from Greenie to Inzil, and when it took hold Inzil trying to pish suspicion onto Legate to clear Greenie? But really that seems unnecessarily complicated for Day 1!
Ok, this is weird, and I didn't notice it before. Why would Inzilwolf, knowing he was doomed, try to push suspicion onto Legate by suspecting him? It would have the opposite effect, more likely.

And now today, Legate is addressing the possibility of Kath being a wolf in a kind of, well:

Quote:
or that Kath is one Wolf (which would be tragically unfortunate for the village, given her performance)
Like it's a foregone conclusion that we won't lynch Kath, which is odd coming from the guy who was threatening the quiet ones before.

So in conclusion... Greenie and Lommy are both slightly fishy, there's little to go on but Kath is a possibility and, particularly, I could see a connection between her and Legate, which makes me reassess him. Unfortunately I have no read on Nerwen and I still find Sally relatively, well, normal Sally, including the single-minded persecution of me. Seriously, Sally, I think you've done that in every game we've played together.

Oh, and folks... *points to sig* thanks.

Edit: X'd with Legate
Old 09-24-2015, 06:41 PM   #147
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Any chance those of you who haven't voted might be persuaded to go for Lommy or Greenie?
Old 09-24-2015, 06:47 PM   #148
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

I'm thinking about it.
Old 09-24-2015, 06:57 PM   #149
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Ok, I totally gotta go and the internet is acting up awfully.

Rikae's way of posting currently begins to be more questionable to me, but that might also be the lack of sleep.

Anyway for now, I have to go with the original idea,

++Lommy

Duh. Good night, village. Vote well, preferrably let's lynch a Wolf. Not that there are many options to vote, anyway, though you can still band up to lynch anyone. Or almost anyone.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:06 PM   #150
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

So sorry! Had something come up briefly and the post wasn't quite yet post-worthy at the time.

Quote:
Interesting. To me, Legate's been giving off more "pretending to be helpful" and "making a show of thinking like an innocent" vibes than Inzil has. Perhaps that in itself should make me suspect Inzil, since I normally seem to think he looks wolfy as pie. Or something.

EDIT: X'd with Inzil.
Here Rikae seems to suspect Legate of putting on a show of innocence. However, after this mention of Legate looking like he's acting innocent, there's not much note taken of him.

Quote:
I'm really sorry, folks. I lost track of time, and remembered the deadline five minutes after it had passed. It's probably for the best, though, since I was leaning toward voting for Legate.

As for Legate, I'm going to tentatively put him in the "ordo" category. A wolf wouldn't have felt the need to bus Inzil like that at that point.

Greenie is another matter. Her original suspicion of Inzil seemed to come out of the blue and actually looked rather flimsy to me at the time. Sure, it could be a stroke of genius, or just a lucky hunch, but it could also be wolf-on-wolf that got out of hand.

The only other thing that comes to mind about yesterDay, off the top of my head, is that Eomer's safe vote at the end of the day bugged me. Still, I'm going to have to read through everything once more when I get the chance.
We see here a nice Legate 180 (TM), but in this case it's about him, not from him. He went from acting innocent to the person Rikae would have voted to suddenly in ordo territory.

This is also the only real mention of Eomer, and it's more of an afterthought. This is relevant because at the start of toDay, Rikae claims to have suspected him all along.

Quote:
Oh, and Sally: hanging around and joking about crickets, posting songs, but not voting or contributing? Not cool.
Quote:
I don't find voting people for making random votes very useful either.
Hang on. So people who don't vote are suspicious, people who vote randomly because they don't have a solid suspicion are suspicious, and people who vote people who randomly vote people are suspicious? Who isn't suspicious? You?

Quote:
There were 4 people who could have voted, but it's highly unlikely they'd all have voted for Kath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
Now you're calling me 'furry' for daring to question you. I don't know what to make of that.
What? I'm calling you furry for acting jumpy. If I thought you might be a gifted, that reaction might even make me back off, but in this game, it only strengthens my suspicion.

In fact...

++Eomer
As I said yesterDay, I found Eomer to be the lesser of two possible evils (although yesterDay I didn't say possible evils, to be fair), and this makes me think it even harder. Eomer didn't get super jumpy until Rikae pushed at him. Rikae, on the other hand, seemed immediately on-guard, upping the tension at the earliest opportunity. Again, this seems like typical wolfish Rikae behavior to me.

Quote:
So, Sally, is that vote for daring to question Eomer? Or is it for saying your hanging around and not voting was not cool?
And this is clearly baiting me. Although yes, now that you mention it, getting so ruffled over these things, whereas others took calmer paths, seems like the more tense wolf behavior I've seen from you in the past, as opposed to an innocent Rikae, who doesn't bare her teeth unless cornered (which you needn't have been yesterDay had you not drawn so much attention to yourself).

Quote:
Nothing much to say about it, Legate, except that I suspected Eomer to begin with, and then his aggressive response gave me the impression of a cornered wolf.

And here we have a more or less complete reversal of the second post I quoted here. Suddenly Eomer's always been evil, she's treating Legate like an ordo, Greenie is reasonable, and Lommy is creepy. And, despite the mild teeth-baring at me yesterDay, I'm apparently okay as well.

Consistency is key, and it is not something we have here. So the question that needs to be answered here is clear, at least to me.

(I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.)

Who do you suspect and why? Tell us, tell us.
Or are your posts full of lies? Tell us, Rikae, please.
Will you vote for me? Will you pick a fight?
My guess is going toward the second one
With you plotting more in the Night

(Note: The video may be wildly offensive if taken out of context, and possibly even in context. Relevance begins at about 1:15.)

(Another note: Rhymes are hard on no brain and I am lacking in subtlety today. Rikae, darling, please take no offense, as none is intended.)

In other news, though voting Legate would probably be one of the safer options for me toDay, I still don't see him as a threat, certainly not the biggest threat. Much like yesterDay, I'd rather vote for someone I suspect than vote to save my own neck at this point.

Edit: x'd since my last
Old 09-24-2015, 07:23 PM   #151
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

This is something that's troubling me: Rikae (#128) Lommy (#130) Greenie (#133 vote-post), even Legate himself a degree (#127), speak of my beloved's death as something that points straight at Legate, thus either implicating him or suggesting that he's been "framed".

Does that even make sense, given the circumstances? There's no Seer for whom Shasta could have been mistaken, and I don't see that he was going after Legate *that* strongly, such that a Legwolf would need to eliminate him anyway.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:41 PM   #152
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Some points on Rikae there, Sally (#150). Though you are quoting in a vacuum somewhat- things had happened in between.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:43 PM   #153
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Sally, you explicitly went out with the intention of finding reasons to suspect me (because that's so useful), and the reasons you found are, as far as I can tell:

1) I mildly suspected Legate on day one, and then found him innocentish on day two after he was instrumental in lynching a wolf.

2) I find it suspicious when people (notably, you) deliberately avoid voting.

3) I get angry. I think it's amusing that you imagine it's wolfish behavior, since I can't remember a single game where I haven't. Every time, I tell myself I'll keep my cool, and every time I blow it (which probably makes me a tempting target?)

Oh, and apparently it's good to make up your mind early in this game and never change it, no matter what new information comes to light. Which, I suppose, explains why you're making such a show of doing just that.

I know better than to try to convince you of everything, but I wish you'd stop messing with my radar. We can't afford to go wrong toDay, and I've gone wrong in the past because your posts made so little sense to me I decided they must be evil. I don't want to make that mistake again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Does that even make sense, given the circumstances? There's no Seer for whom Shasta could have been mistaken, and I don't see that he was going after Legate *that* strongly, such that a Legwolf would need to eliminate him anyway.
I can't speak for anybody else, but I was thinking of Shasta's intuition, which has a very good track record, and in a game without a seer, could sway people.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:18 PM   #154
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

At any rate, when I saw Shasta's post it made me slightly more concerned about Legate, and I was waiting to hear what else he'd say about it.

I wish I knew whether Legate would put that kind of stock in Shasta, or realize that I would or anyone else might. I suppose the fact that he mentioned it at all suggests he does.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:38 PM   #155
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
At any rate, when I saw Shasta's post it made me slightly more concerned about Legate, and I was waiting to hear what else he'd say about it.

I wish I knew whether Legate would put that kind of stock in Shasta, or realize that I would or anyone else might. I suppose the fact that he mentioned it at all suggests he does.
I'd be the last person to discount my sun in splendour's psychic abilities, but the hypothesis here is that either the wolves went: "ARRRGH! Shasta's on to Legwolf!" or "Tee hee, everyone will *think* that". And that seems rather wolfy reasoning to me. Except, of course, there's four of you doing it...
Old 09-24-2015, 09:19 PM   #156
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
I'd be the last person to discount my sun in splendour's psychic abilities, but the hypothesis here is that either the wolves went: "ARRRGH! Shasta's on to Legwolf!" or "Tee hee, everyone will *think* that". And that seems rather wolfy reasoning to me. Except, of course, there's four of you doing it...
Shasta was quite dramatic about it, after all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Immediate thought while skimming - Legate is a wolf!

Now to figure out why my brain elected to say that...
and
Quote:
Hm. I'm not going to be able to post quotes until I get home from work, but for now - post 57, specifically the bit about Lommy; it read to me as "I think she's suspicious, but I don't, but I do."

Now, Lommy herself I could maybe see doing that. But Legate?

Granted, from what I've read this far Legate appears to have been fairly instrumental in the Inzil lynch yesterday, and I know several people seem to have perfectly good reasons to think him innocent at this juncture. I just wanted to get my first impression down. I'll need to do some more reading.
And then
Quote:
Leave me alone, it's hard to argue with a feeling.
And he voted for him.

Here's what Legate said:
Quote:
He was the first to bring it up, but as one of a long list of possibilities.
I said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Legate has been playing very innocentishly, and I also doubt he would kill Shasta when it would point so strongly back to him.
Then Lommy said:
Quote:
Re: Shasta - ??? No trace kill? Legate is a wolf who wanted pressure off his back? The wolves want to frame Legate?
and about Legate's post
Quote:
The contrast is quite stark with Legate being the second thing that popped into my mind and him downplaying Shasta's accusations of him. (Of course, an innocent would know another villager wasn't killed because he suspected him, but this also looks a bit too much like a wolf explaining away killing someone who was suspecting him.)
And Greenie votes him for it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
Too conveniently attempting to guide the village's perception of events in his favour, as in "all Inzil voters likely to be innocent" or downplaying Shasta's suspicions of him and thus his possible connection to the kill.
Now, for my part, I wasn't paying much attention to his list and how he listed it. As soon as I saw the narration I was reminded of the connection and asked myself whether Legwolf would kill Shasta.

What Lommy's saying about him downplaying it, well, I can't call it farfetched, because it was a notable thing Shasta did. Saying he downplayed it, though, as if it pointed directly and straightforwardly at him? That's strange.

Greenie... is either convinced by Lommy's argument, or conveniently latching onto it as an excuse, and I really can't get a feel for which. She's been playing rather cautiously overall, and I can't remember from other games whether or not that's typical for her.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:42 PM   #157
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

They are upgrading the service here and my connection keeps going out. It's making this very hard.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:44 PM   #158
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Greenie is generally a pretty cautious player, in any role.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:45 PM   #159
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Really can't get a read on her at the moment.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:46 PM   #160
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Well, if Sally's determined to vote for me, the only options now are people who already have a vote, anyway.

Tags
werewolf, werewolf game