The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2020, 02:26 PM   #161
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
It certainly looks like it. Ugggh, it's too late for Seer Outta Nowhere.

hS
Seer outta nowhere with a wolf dream would help an awful lot, though. And the BH can trap their house if they come out now, which means we either keep the Seer another Night or we get a second wolf out of the deal. That's not bad for a Seer.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:31 PM   #162
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Seer outta nowhere with a wolf dream would help an awful lot, though. And the BH can trap their house if they come out now, which means we either keep the Seer another Night or we get a second wolf out of the deal. That's not bad for a Seer.
Oh, it would be super useful, and possibly the best thing for the village. I'm just tired and absolutely can't search Rikae's posts to see if it's true.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 02:32 PM   #163
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I really don't like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilp
I'm willing to be trapless for a NIGHT. The narration will make it clear if he's the NW anyway, and the Ranger could act accordingly.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 02:33 PM   #164
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
What don't you like about it? I thought it made sense - if they lynch the NW toDay, the NW only knows the BH, so that's the Gifted they could block, and the (still hidden) Ranger can still protect the BH, so it wouldn't be a problem for the Gifteds. How did you read it?
Old 06-09-2020, 02:37 PM   #165
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I guess Nilp was quite a young man back in the days we played more, but I presume he's grown up in the last ten years or so. A 14-year old might think that it is of the utmost importance to all, that his own (least important) gifted-role stays alive in a situation where the village might fall in one or two Days.

Then again if he's a) the Cobbler, or b) the NW willing to change Threads to empower himself, then the quote would make perfect sense.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:38 PM   #166
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
How did you read it?
He tries to draw the Ranger off from any real gifted so that the Wolves get a free kill - which they need if they want to bag this thing toMorrow.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:39 PM   #167
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

I mean either that, or then he's just being oddly self-centered. Why waste Ranger's protection on him aka. why to come forwards in the first place as there was no real danger???
Old 06-09-2020, 02:42 PM   #168
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
He tries to draw the Ranger off from any real gifted so that the Wolves get a free kill - which they need if they want to bag this thing toMorrow.
Actually: he tries to draw the Ranger off from any innocent person (not just gifteds) so that there will be a 100% kill the next Night while the Ranger stands unemplyed at Nilp's door.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:43 PM   #169
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

I still find Kath's insistence on focusing on Form instead of any of the more recent suspicious people HIGHLY suspicious.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:44 PM   #170
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

As for Nilp, I get the vibe that he's either trying to create chaos - bluffing and double bluffing the wolves to try to keep them from killing their top choices - or he's just overwhelmed and not thinking the role through all the way. I don't get a wolfy vibe, and I absolutely could be wrong about that, but for now I trust his reveal.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:46 PM   #171
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I'll probably vote for Form, unsurprisingly. I still have concerns about Kath, Legate, and Mac, and Rikae's posts toDay have piqued my interest in them, but I'd rather stay on track rather than having surprises this late in the day.
Sally, no! Look at who's pushing Form!
Old 06-09-2020, 02:51 PM   #172
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
As for Nilp,
I don't get a wolfy vibe
Me neither.

But a very cobblery one.

(Or NW'ish the most.)
Old 06-09-2020, 02:54 PM   #173
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Well it took three Days to start this time... the villagers speculating on how to dictate us who to vote - only muddying the waters.

The downside of a dead thread...
Old 06-09-2020, 03:04 PM   #174
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Greenie has voted Legate. I'm currently fine to empower another Legate voter.

hS
Old 06-09-2020, 03:04 PM   #175
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Well, you know that I'm okay with empowering the next person who votes for Legate (aka. Greenie just did that and I'd be happy with it).

But if you are going to hang around to the DL anyway, let's not haste as something drastic might still happen.

EDIT: Naturally, X'd
Old 06-09-2020, 03:06 PM   #176
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

We've also got Rikae and Kath voting Form. I'm very much in two minds about all three of them right now.

hS
Old 06-09-2020, 03:06 PM   #177
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

I'd be more than happy to Mediumize someone who votes for Legate. Now we just need the village to get off the Form bandwagon, because I'm increasingly convinced he's an innocent the wolves have been pushing for a while now.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:09 PM   #178
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Form is one who's really hard to read. Could be a twice fellow-saved wolf or an ordo whose being framed because he's playing in an awkward manner. Could have even been the Cobbler - but at the moment my guess on the Cobbler is firmly Nilp.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:10 PM   #179
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
So are we still voting Nilp?
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 03:11 PM   #180
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

I'd look for a third Legate-voter right now.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:11 PM   #181
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

What if we Mediumize Form?
Old 06-09-2020, 03:11 PM   #182
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Guardian View Post
So are we still voting Nilp?
Hopefully not.

Let's see.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:11 PM   #183
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

It would definitely be a show of support, and he voted early, so it would have a bigger impact.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:12 PM   #184
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

The game is getting intresting... Sally goes for Form.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:13 PM   #185
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Between Form and Legate, I'd rather see Legate die right now.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:13 PM   #186
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
It would definitely be a show of support, and he voted early, so it would have a bigger impact.
If it comes close, the earlier vote might be a difference maker.

So I promise to go along if needs be.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:14 PM   #187
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Guardian View Post
Between Form and Legate, I'd rather see Legate die right now.
I think we all do.

We'll just think, whom to empower.

And want to see, if anything wild happens.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:16 PM   #188
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Greenie - Legate
Form - Legate
Kath - Form
Rikae - Form
Shasta - Form
Old 06-09-2020, 03:16 PM   #189
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

I just feel like it's so painfully obvious Mac and Legate are wolves together.

If anyone needs to vote early, I think go ahead and vote Form and the other three of us can overrule if need be closer to the deadline.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:19 PM   #190
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Shasta voted Form. Mac and Legate will as well, almost certainly. Unless they decide to try to vote Pitch instead to make themselves look better. We need the village to get itself together.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:19 PM   #191
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

And now with time stamps:

2038: Kath - Form
2058: Greenie - Legate
2102: Rikae - Form
2110: Form - Legate
2110: Sally - Form
2117: Shasta - Form

++Form

Feel free to change I have to go
Old 06-09-2020, 03:23 PM   #192
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

2038: Kath - Form
2058: Greenie - Legate
2102: Rikae - Form
2110: Form - Legate
2110: Sally - Form
2117: Shasta - Form
2122: Lommy - Form

Not looking good for Form
Old 06-09-2020, 03:24 PM   #193
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

That's 5 for Form, with two more almost guaranteed. I don't think we can swing this anymore. I'm going to vote to Mediumize Form anyway, just so we, the Dead Thread, can express our displeasure with the living's vote.

++Form
Old 06-09-2020, 03:26 PM   #194
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Shasta voted Form. Mac and Legate will as well, almost certainly. Unless they decide to try to vote Pitch instead to make themselves look better. We need the village to get itself together.
I mean, they're pretty together - they just disagree with us.

It's at 5 on Form now, and Brinn says 'Form or Pitch'.

hS
Old 06-09-2020, 03:26 PM   #195
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Well, if it turns out a Form-wagon, we can at least make our feelings known by empowering a vote that goes not for Form (it would be somewhat funny if we empowered Form).

My own slight reluctance to empower Form is that he's still quite on the top of my list of possible wolves. But the main point of course is giving one extra vote to someone for lynching, not the vessel (person) through whom we give it.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:28 PM   #196
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Btw. Huinesoron!

If you're going to stand by up to the DL, so let's please not vote yet.

If something drastic happens we can "cancel" the DT-vote by voting something else.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:29 PM   #197
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Form is going to be the lynchee either way, if we empower Greenie we draw attention to her, if we empower Form we are essentially saying "we think you made the wrong choice toDay", which I think is a message worth relaying. He's going to die anyway, so we wouldn't be potentially saving an evil, just sending the message that lynching Form toDay wasn't a choice we agree with, and we would have preferred to see them lynch Legate.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:29 PM   #198
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

With "drastic" I mean things like reveals or something.

Otherwise I'm okay with empowering Form.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:30 PM   #199
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Well, if it turns out a Form-wagon, we can at least make our feelings known by empowering a vote that goes not for Form (it would be somewhat funny if we empowered Form).

My own slight reluctance to empower Form is that he's still quite on the top of my list of possible wolves. But the main point of course is giving one extra vote to someone for lynching, not the vessel (person) through whom we give it.
Exactly this, though less strongly, and with added 'a Day 3 village shouldn't vote a landslide!'. I strongly suspect we've just seen a lupine mass-vote, though I don't think most of its members look wolfish.

But in the interest of solidarity :

++Formendacil

(Don't worry, Nog - the Dead have retractable voting!)

hS
Old 06-09-2020, 03:31 PM   #200
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Form is chosen. He's reached the threshold of 3.