The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2011, 12:27 PM   #41
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
So excuse me my "lesser than normal" participation
That's what you always say...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
At 12-13 I'll take out the cobbler, even though I never like parting with that role. Or maybe I can devise some role for Moneybags that may possibly be a benefit to the village. We'll see. But at 14+ I think we'll be ok to keep the Mayor as a standard cobbler.
Please keep the cobbler! Way too long since I last saw one.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:04 PM   #42
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
That's what you always say...
Looking at my next week I'm afraid i mean what I say this time, but well, we'll see.

@Bom: Oh, the memories...

Yeah, nice to be back for a long time with such a nice gang of bloodthirsty mates...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:02 PM   #43
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
All right, I'm in. But I might not be able to post enough or consitnently.

I really want to see a cobbler in action.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:37 AM   #44
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Leaf

Screw school & work. I'm in.

I'm the baker's wife.

Addendum: Lommy says she's sorry but she won't have the time to play.

Last edited by Aganzir; 12-04-2011 at 06:52 AM.
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:29 AM   #45
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Yay Agan! But poor Lommy.

I'll be ready to start Night 1 at the DL (8pm EST) tonight. Roles will be sent out sometime around that time.

I usually like keeping at least as many villagers as wolves + gifteds, and that's why I said I was thinking about taking out the cobbler. But since several have expressed interest to have a cobbler village, Moneybags will stay. He'll be the normal cobbler, who does not (and can not) find out the wolf pack, but still desires their victory. (and the Mayor will count in the innocent tally).
Old 12-04-2011, 09:17 AM   #46
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
I'm the baker's wife.
Oh really?
Old 12-04-2011, 09:20 AM   #47
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Oh really?
Yes, really.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:27 AM   #48
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Yes, really.
Know that you just made my day.

(is that from the mini-Britmoot?)
Old 12-04-2011, 09:40 AM   #49
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Know that you just made my day.

(is that from the mini-Britmoot?)
Happy to be of service. It's from the Finlandmoot actually - I think there are a couple of pictures of Kath and me from Friday but I don't have them.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:20 AM   #50
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

A question to Boro (or anyone that knows): what happens if the Ranger is protecting a wolf that the hunter hunts? Say, the hunter is killed at night and he and the Ranger have the same target? It's not that likely to happen, but what if?
Old 12-04-2011, 02:10 PM   #51
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
A question to Boro (or anyone that knows): what happens if the Ranger is protecting a wolf that the hunter hunts? Say, the hunter is killed at night and he and the Ranger have the same target? It's not that likely to happen, but what if?
I believe that has happened a few times before. My thinking is still both the hunter and wolf would die. For the reason the purposes of he Ranger's role is to stop wolf kills, not a scenario where the hunter dies, but takes a wolf with him/her. Make sense?

Agan, you make me smile...lots o'smiles.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:10 PM   #52
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Game thread is up. Narration will be filled in soon, but I'm sending out the roles now.

Edit: All the roles are out.

Last edited by Boromir88; 12-04-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #53
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Gee, what a surprise.

However wolves, you're still not cool enough.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:18 PM   #54
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Erm....whoops. Sorry, kids. Last night was super busy and I didn't have my laptop. :/
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:16 PM   #55
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Also I've added your in the narration to Inzil's death.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:38 PM   #56
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Boro– really, really sorry about the non-vote. My schedule the last few days has not been very WW-friendly. I'll do better toMorrow, promise.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:57 PM   #57
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thanks everyone for understanding. My fiancé got some rather terrible news (nothing life threatening and no one died) but I needed to spend the evening with him. I'll be back and more active on Day 3.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:02 PM   #58
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I meant to participate more. Cursed Mordor traffic delay. And what's worse - Saturday looks like it will be more busy that I anticipated. I will try to be here as much as I can. You know normally you can't shut me up in WW. I will pop in with a comment or two at least before I vote toMorrow.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:20 AM   #59
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Bom Tombadillo has just left Hobbiton.
Just now realized I totally forgot to vote (or post much of anything, for that matter) yesterday/Day. Please don't kill me/mutilate me too badly.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:16 PM   #60
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

No worries about it, things come up and unexpected stuff happens. As long as you two remember to vote Day 3, no harm done.

I actually forgot to make any mod-firing note, completely slipped my mind when planning the game. So, I think it's only fair to everyone to make it as I said in the game thread.

Quote:
I think since I didn't even have any policy in the Admin thread it would only be fair that starting today...if anyone doesn't vote for 2 consecutive days (barring some convincing argument that the person makes me aware of) then you'll be modfired. Starting today, so those who didn't vote on Day 1, it won't count against them. But 2 consecutive days of not voting from this point on, is a modfire.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:02 PM   #61
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Bom Tombadillo has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I also swear there are actually other roles in this village...it's not my dream game of everyone's an ordo and it's last one standing :-p
And I swear you're lying.

As usual when I die, I'm resisting the urge to rant about it because . . . well, I'm dead. Not supposed to disclose anything game-related. Expect the floodgates to open after the game ends, though.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:37 AM   #62
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Wolves don't get to nom on Shasta, sorry.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:16 PM   #63
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Please keep the cobbler! Way too long since I last saw one.
In retrospect, this is quite hilarious. ^_^
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote