The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2016, 04:20 PM   #2161
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Hey sorry for the delay in updating the list and making it look like Rune was taking ages - I was travelling and generally busy! Anyway we're down to Pitch, not long to go now!
My reputation is so tarnished, that I doubt you could do it any damage.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 09:00 PM   #2162
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
You look lovely, Agan. Where did you get that make up?
Old 11-09-2016, 10:43 AM   #2163
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
How could it ever have come to this?

(No, I'm not talking about the US election.)
Old 11-14-2016, 05:45 AM   #2164
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Pipe Here we are

Paper Telephone is finished - and it's full of surprises (and also a somewhat poor tribute to the late Leonard Cohen)!

Also, just a warning - reading this at work may prove a mistake, unless you're willing to explain to your boss why you're giggling helplessly. Trust me.

Quote:
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong;
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.
Everybody knows that the Kaths are loaded...

Everybody rolls with their fingers Nogged...

Quote:
In the end it was clear Thorin was acting morally wrong from both the consequentialist and deontological point of view.
Formendacil knows the war is over...

Everybody knows the Rune guys lost...

Quote:
Thorin is angered and confused by what is clearly a substandard analysis of his latest endeavor.
Everybody Lomms the fight was fixed...

Old 11-14-2016, 05:46 AM   #2165
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
White Tree

The Eönwë stay poor...
Quote:
Some of the reviews that Thorin received were less than complimentary.
The Legate get rich...

That's how Oddwen goes...

Quote:
Before he was allowed to blow the Horn of Gondor, Boromir's Hornless Hornblowing business received very poor reviews.
Gil-Galad knows...

Everybody knows that the Green is leaking...
Quote:
Boromir's social media debut is not a success.
Everybody knows that the Pitchwife lied...

Old 11-14-2016, 05:47 AM   #2166
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Palantir-Green

Galadriel55 got this broken feeling...
Quote:
Boromir destroyed the advanced palantir just as it was showing him far-away faces.
Like their Hookbill or their dog just died...

Everybody talking to Kath’s pockets...
Quote:
The ghostly shopkeeper refused to sell Feanor's second palantir to a very angry Boromir.
Everybody wants a box of Aganzirs...

And a long-stem Form...
Quote:
A petulant wight disagreed with Faramir's decision to buy Fëanor's First Age Olympic Jewel-making trophy
Runebody knows...

Old 11-14-2016, 05:47 AM   #2167
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Dark-Eye

Everybody knows that you love me Lommy...
Quote:
Unbeknownst to the writer of the Red Book, the fight between Éowyn and the Witch-King had actually been about sports.
Eönwë knows that you really do...

Everybody knows that Legate’s been faithful...
Quote:
She had always wanted the Witch-King to think outside the box.
Ah, give or take an Oddwen or two...

Everybody knows Gil’s been discreet...
Quote:
People started thinking if the Witch-King's recent cat-like tendencies was the best option for his self-esteem.
But there were so many Greenies you just had to meet...

Old 11-14-2016, 05:48 AM   #2168
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

The Eye

Without Pitch clothes...
Quote:
The Egg Men watch in befuddlement as Tevildo regenerates into Sauron.
And Galadriel55 knows...

EveryHook knows, everybill knows...
Quote:
Eggs, in their confusion, force Sauron to regenerate into a cat. How did this happen? Find out next week!
That’s how Nog goes...

EveryTGEW knows...
Quote:
Sauron the cat knocks over Stonehenge with his terrifying glare.
Old 11-14-2016, 06:15 AM   #2169
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Thumbs up

That was amazing, especially towards the end! Just weird but brilliant.

I love Nog's sentence and Form's interpretation of it, also Pitchwife's picture and basically everything from Rune's picture to the end, that's when it truly became crazy. I will treasure the mental image of The Witch-King in a box from now on!
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 06:35 AM   #2170
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oh my goodness! "She had always wanted the Witch-King to think outside the box." - and the Witch King being a cat in a box - fantastic!!! And Nog's picture and TGEW's sentence - what a way to finish. Full stars!

I agree with Lommy. It's been a great read, especially towards the end. Brilliant!

And kudos to Agan for keeping us on track!
Old 11-14-2016, 06:44 AM   #2171
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
This was one of the best Paper Telephone's yet!!!

A Little Green's Cat-Witch-King was my favourite!
Old 11-14-2016, 01:36 PM   #2172
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Pitchwife's picture was magic!!!

Also is it just me or is Aganzir's shopkeeper a bit ninjaturle-ish?

Old 11-14-2016, 04:23 PM   #2173
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
A Little Green's Cat-Witch-King was my favourite!
MIne too, I think... and I actually suspected some grim & bold origin behind this feline, um, ... phantom. Little did I know.

I'd also like to give kudos to Kath for the first picture (seriously, how else were you going to illustrate those verses? btw that's what Thorin looks like in my imagination, forget Richard Armitage!), Eönwë's comic (whose narrative style is obviously inspired by extensive exposure to P&A!) and Legate's following sentence which prompted the whole box -> cat business, Nog's philosophic spin on the matter (admirably illustrated in turn by Formy!) as well as his cubist picture and TGEW's hilarious interpretation thereof... I could go on, everybody was marvellous.

Can we do this again? Like, soon?
Old 11-14-2016, 05:10 PM   #2174
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Can we do this again? Like, soon?
I was gonna offer to try to mod again, but when I was uploading my picture I couldn't get photobucket to work. It says memory full, even though last time I uploaded a PT picture it had something like 3/4 memory left... Dunno what's the problem, maybe I should just delete everything and start over, but as the website has been really slow I'm not sure when that's gonna happen.

I suppose the point is, if no one else wants to mod, I can take the turn, assuming I get my tech to work again.
Old 11-15-2016, 12:54 PM   #2175
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

^Photobucket is not what it was. I recommend imgur - I've been using it for three or four years now, uploaded close to 600 pics, and it's given me nary a problem.
Old 03-11-2017, 03:27 PM   #2176
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
Also is it just me or is Aganzir's shopkeeper a bit ninjaturle-ish?
Haha I rather thought it looked like Legate.

Photobucket was a bit of a pain this time (can I say this time when it's been 4 months?); sometimes the links that I sent wouldn't work... Might be worth a shot to move over to imgur.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:16 PM   #2177
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Haha I rather thought it looked like Legate.
Nah, all they have in common are the creepy hands.

Old 03-21-2017, 06:07 AM   #2178
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

^When I saw you had posted on this thread, Rune, I kind of hoped you were volunteering to mod the next game...
Old 03-21-2017, 06:10 AM   #2179
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Quote:
^When I saw you had posted on this thread, Rune, I kind of hoped you were volunteering to mod the next game...
I think we will need a person uhm... of the more disciplined sort.
Besides, I would be awful at writing the narrative.

I could do with another game soon though.

Old 02-16-2018, 08:33 PM   #2180
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Okay. It's been almost a year since our last game. Anyone up for another? I'll mod if you guys want.
Old 03-01-2018, 01:56 PM   #2181
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

I am up for a new game.

Old 03-01-2018, 06:29 PM   #2182
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I would participate.
Old 03-02-2018, 07:25 AM   #2183
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
This looks amusing. Assuming the rules are still the same as in the first post, I'll sign up.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 05:17 AM   #2184
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I am all for it, too!
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 10:24 AM   #2185
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Yes please!
Old 03-04-2018, 06:27 PM   #2186
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I'm in as well!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:24 PM   #2187
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Thumbs up

Yas please!

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 06:06 AM   #2188
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Sting

You have my crayons!
Old 03-26-2018, 07:52 AM   #2189
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Nine sign-ups so far - so, is this happening or do we wait for more ? If we do doubles we should be good to go.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:21 AM   #2190
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I think we may want to start this up (possibly with the idea of doubles) and of course if somebody joins on the way, the better?

I think the important question is - who is going to mod it?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 03-28-2018, 12:22 PM   #2191
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Well, TGEW volunteered...
Old 03-28-2018, 03:32 PM   #2192
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Well, TGEW volunteered...
Hopefully, she is still up for it I wonder if she can be poked in order to remind her and confirm this; after all, it's been a while.
Old 03-29-2018, 09:08 AM   #2193
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Nine sign-ups so far - so, is this happening or do we wait for more ? If we do doubles we should be good to go.
If nine is correct, I like the idea of running through the list twice (which I assume is the intent of 'doubles'): I think with an odd number it would mean everyone got to both draw and write, which is a plus.

hS
Old 03-30-2018, 04:05 AM   #2194
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
I wonder if she can be poked in order to remind her and confirm this; after all, it's been a while.
Just did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
I think with an odd number it would mean everyone got to both draw and write, which is a plus.
That's the idea, yes.
Old 04-04-2018, 04:49 PM   #2195
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Sorry for the radio silence, guys! My computer has been on the fritz. Turns out I need a new battery for it, which I will be acquiring soon. It's just a big pain to post on the Downs on my phone and I've been too busy to ask someone to let you guys know about the situation. It's probably a good idea if I don't mod after all this round. But next time I will definitely be up to it!

I'm so sorry for causing a concern.
Old 04-05-2018, 12:47 AM   #2196
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Don't worry, it's all good . Hope your machine will be back in shape soon!

Anybody else?
Old 04-10-2018, 02:05 AM   #2197
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

I am really extremely busy at the moment.
Spring is busy season at work and also in for Danish political parties/unions, on top of this I am also doing a course with the Danish Homeguard... What I am trying to say is: I really hope somebody else is up for modding, as I would not be a reliable choice.

Old 04-10-2018, 02:45 AM   #2198
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

If nobody else seems up to it, I could take it upon myself. Next question should be to once again confirm who wants to participate, as it's been quite some time since the initial sign-ups.

Rune son of Bjarne
Pitchwife
Huinesoron
Oddwen
satansaloser2005
Formendacil
Galadriel55

?
Is everyone still with us?

TGEW, you can't mod, but are you up for being a common participant?
Old 04-10-2018, 02:50 AM   #2199
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

I'm still here.

hS
Old 04-10-2018, 05:47 AM   #2200
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Same - still here for playing.