The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-01-2007, 08:53 AM   #881
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
I see Mithalwen with a bottle of wine...
Good to know that there is something quite normal in a dream world where the sunrise can be viewed from a west window.....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 12:54 PM   #882
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Silmaril It has been a long time...

A few nights ago I dreamed that Mith and Boro were dead. It was a very sad dream. I can't recall much of it, except that I kept weeping and Mithalwen was some kind of a seer and Boro was a bulky man with curly dark hair (looked like a sturdier version of the actor Ioan Gruffudd), his initials were I.O. and he had wife and three or five little daughters.

I had a bit more pleasant dream last night. In it I was discussing with Legate and Gil about something in some thread in the Quiz Room. Suddenly I and Gil were in my lower secondary school with my sister and a RL friend of mine and I was questioning Gil about the murder of an Elven girl. I insisted he had killed her and in the end he said: "Okay, I did stab her. Now leave me alone."

Weird.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 01:45 PM   #883
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
"Okay, I did stab her. Now leave me alone."

Weird.
Gil doesn't get mad, he gets stabby.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:08 PM   #884
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Hmm...being dead in a dream a long with Mith, quite an interesting dream there, Thinlo.

And me looking like the handsome Ioan Grufford isn't even the most interesting part. If I had 3 daughters (don't even want to think about 5!) I would probably admit myself into a hospital. Oh boy, 3 little Boro girls running around...I can't even imagine the insanity.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:42 AM   #885
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Hmm...being dead in a dream a long with Mith, quite an interesting dream there, Thinlo.

And me looking like the handsome Ioan Grufford isn't even the most interesting part. If I had 3 daughters (don't even want to think about 5!) I would probably admit myself into a hospital. Oh boy, 3 little Boro girls running around...I can't even imagine the insanity.
Take care, it might be prophetic - what would you name them all? I vote for Boromiss, Borolas and Borowyn.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:03 AM   #886
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
If you were dead the hospital might be a bit unnecessary...

Following on a discussion from Oxonmoot - there is no precedent in Tolkien for five sisters ..you have to go to Austen surely and have Jane, Elizabeth, Mary, Lydia and Kitty... and we all know that Mr Bennet spent a lot of time in his study while his wife went demented...

But while I wouldn't want to deprive Boro of the vast amount of pink stuff, fights over custody of the bathroom and general "amusement" that five daughters would provide.. I would prefer not to be dead, for a long while yet, even in such illustrious company so I hope it is not prophetic. cool:

And I am not sure about being a seer - I do have moments of intuition but for a while I thought I was getting some sort of mystic message when numbers "came to me" when I still did the lottery ..then I realised they were just my old bank card PIN

Old 09-17-2007, 11:37 AM   #887
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Take care, it might be prophetic - what would you name them all? I vote for Boromiss, Borolas and Borowyn.~Lal
Borowyn is rather catchy...I like it. But I've always had a strange desire to name my first daughter Calypso. Maybe that's why I haven't found the right woman yet...because no one (that I've met) has any interest in naming their daughter Calypso.

Quote:
I would prefer not to be dead, for a long while yet, even in such illustrious company so I hope it is not prophetic.~Mith
Ok, if you say so. But, come on, if you had a choice of living or having a once in a lifetime oppurtunity of being buried next to moi (who in this dream resembles the stunning Mr. Grufford)...you wouldn't take the latter?
Old 09-17-2007, 11:40 AM   #888
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Would it have to be in Ohio? I don't know I that I want to spend eternity in Ohio...

Old 09-19-2007, 04:13 AM   #889
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Oh well seeing as it's you ... I guess it is an offer I can't refuse ....

Old 09-19-2007, 08:50 AM   #890
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thumbs up

I am now eagerly awaiting being invited to be godparent to the twins Borowen and Mithalmir...

Old 09-19-2007, 09:10 AM   #891
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

On the train home today I fell asleep (I was so unused to having to, you know, get up in the morning) and had an odd dream...

I was in Oxford again for no reason and I saw Squatter and Lommy trying to get into a shop. They insisted that the shop had some unreleased Tolkien book about the blue wizards and they didn't want narfforc to get hold of it. Lommy said she would distract the owner of the shop with a penguin she had. to my surprise the owner of the shop (who looked very much like Davem) followed Lommy with the penguin down the road. So Squatter went in and ran off with the book. Then narfforc came and demanded that I hand over the book, I said I didn't have it, but he refused to believe me. Then he pulled out a gun and I woke up.

Weird, no?
Old 09-19-2007, 12:34 PM   #892
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I don't know if it's weird or not, but either way, it was very amusing!
Old 10-01-2007, 05:32 AM   #893
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Mith and Boro are insistent to haunt my dreams, it seems...

I had a very odd dream last night. In the dream I was sent to study to a scoohl called Ottawa School for Disrespectful Girls ( ) that was in London. My host family was to be some people called the Beckhams and I was told to go to see a guy called David Beckham when I arrived in London. I thought: "How very funny. Someone seems to consider this a good parnk or something, but I don't." However, when I rang the doorbell in the correct address, the person who came to open the door looked just like David Beckham, though he had different hair. He welcomed me to his home. I sat at the kitchen table and told him about my flight and about myself. Now, as you know, people shift identities in dreams, and suddenly it was Mith, not David Beckham who was listening to my babbling. I remember I was nervous because I spoke English so poorly and I tried to talk less because I was afraid Mith would think I was a moron if I chatted endlessly about nonsense. (At this point I may add that I'd far rather be hosted in Mith's home than David Beckham's. )
Now what does Boro have to do with this? Well, he and Farael were teachers in the Ottawa School for Disrespectful Girls!

Now if someone had a weirder dream last night, I congratulate him/her.

Last edited by Thinlómien; 10-01-2007 at 11:20 AM.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:11 AM   #894
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Oh, I forgot - about a week ago, I had a dream where just about everyone I knew had superpowers, but we had to hide them from the government(s). I don't remember anyone's powers, but I do remember driving Rune to visit a statue of a baron that had dissed him on his last visit, and going away hurriedly before it could recognize him and raise the alarm.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:21 AM   #895
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
White-Hand

Quote:
Now if someone had a weirder dream last night, I congratulate him/her.
I'd compete. Although my dream has nothing to do with the Downs, it sure was wierd. It took place in a great big water-park-like-thing in Alaska (maybe) and there were four teams trying to do something (not sure what), but it was useful to plan out a strategy and possibly make an alliance.

It's too wierd to explain. I guess that means I lose.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:15 AM   #896
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

We're in your brain, toying with your subconscious..

Quote:
I remember I was nervous because I spoke English so poorly and I tried to speak less because I was afraid Mith would think I was a moron if I chatted endlessly about nonsense. (At this point I may add that I'd far rather be hosted in Mith's home than David Beckham's. )
Well I am sure David Beckham's house has wardrobes bigger than my house and it is very untidy rather scruffy so you may want to rethink that but it probably has a lot more books

Old 10-01-2007, 06:06 PM   #897
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Well I am sure David Beckham's house has wardrobes bigger than my house and it is very untidy rather scruffy so you may want to rethink that but it probably has a lot more books
I would not be sure of that, he probably have thousands of copies of "My Side" and "My World" in order to make sure that they sold better than the books of Alex Ferguson and Steven Gerrard.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:17 AM   #898
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I wouldn't know about that ...

but I am guessing you won't find a complete set of HoME.... which just goes to show that even a house costing many millions of pounts can be inadequately equipped....

Old 10-02-2007, 02:45 PM   #899
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
It was a brief moment in a weird dream (aren't they all?) that ended somewhere where I was trying to figure out whether I had a project due (in college), what classroom I was supposed to be in, if there were anything due for that class that I was going to be late for, and what day was it anyway. This, of course, was the start of the old anxiety dream that would happen when I actually was in college, but since then the rational mind has prepared an antidote, like when was the last time I actually had no idea what day it was (except when I am initially waking up), what were the chances I would not have some schedule written down, and was I ever that forgetful that I'd forget a critical assignment?

But anyway, as I scurried to my next location, which I wasn't sure of but followed the crowd hoping that I was in the same class as they were in, I happened to glance sideways at an entranceway ornately adored with woodwork and glass, and above there were the the words, "the Tolkienization of..."

Of what? I guess I'll never know as I was pushed along with the crowd, and so never got more than a glimpse. I did see some books displayed within the glass cases, and this entranceway seemed to be the door to an entire museum, but...I wanted to go back and take a picture, as I thought, "Won't this make a great post for the Downs?"

Maybe next time.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:40 AM   #900
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I had a dream I can only vaguely remember. Legate of Amon Lanc, The Might, Lalwendë and William Cloud Hickli were having a lively discussion or debate on some subject in the Books forum and I was reading the thread. Unfortunately, I can't remember what they were talking about.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:03 AM   #901
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Now what does Boro have to do with this? Well, he and Farael were teachers in the Ottawa School for Disrespectful Girls!
Hehehe sounds like a script for a bad teen movie. You know, those "lots of hormones, no script, a couple of relatively funny scenes" Ever seen "Not Another Teen Movie"? it was kinda good actually, but nothing too thought provoking.

But the reason I'm here.... I had a dream, a long time back, where I got into a HUGE argument about something Tolkien... but I mean HUGE, it seemed to be heading to a fist-fight before I woke up.

Now, I'm not too sure what exactly about Tolkien could get me THAT upset... but just in case, don't try telling me Balrogs have no wings
Old 10-05-2007, 02:05 AM   #902
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Today, I had a dream that me, Lommy, Kath and Rune were going somewhere by bus through the countryside. We were discussing something during all the journey, but I don't remember what. I remember Rune had enormous rucksack (and he looked like Karl Marx, of course). In the end we arrived at our destination, and I remember the end was very sad, because we had to part. That's about all I remember from it.

EDIT: Oh, and something else I remembered now. It was also that (we knew) on the forum, Lommy had some signature, from a poem or something, which was very sophisticated (and I did not understand it), and it had something to do with cauldrons.

And also there was something that (while we were riding, probably), Rune stopped at a mini-market to buy some sort of cakes with strawberry jam. I think that there was something that either the saleswoman accused him of stealing, or that he accused one of us of stealing. I am not sure.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 10-05-2007 at 02:18 AM.
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 05:11 AM   #903
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Today, I had a dream that me, Lommy, Kath and Rune were going somewhere by bus through the countryside. We were discussing something during all the journey, but I don't remember what. I remember Rune had enormous rucksack (and he looked like Karl Marx, of course). In the end we arrived at our destination, and I remember the end was very sad, because we had to part. That's about all I remember from it.

EDIT: Oh, and something else I remembered now. It was also that (we knew) on the forum, Lommy had some signature, from a poem or something, which was very sophisticated (and I did not understand it), and it had something to do with cauldrons.

And also there was something that (while we were riding, probably), Rune stopped at a mini-market to buy some sort of cakes with strawberry jam. I think that there was something that either the saleswoman accused him of stealing, or that he accused one of us of stealing. I am not sure.
Cool, it has been a while since I have appeared in a dream. . .but this is probably the most unrealistic yet!

Me buying cake !? I never buy cakes at mini or super markets as I am very picky about cakes, I prefer home-made cakes or maybe from a good cafe/restaurent and so far there is only two contries in wich I really enjoy the cakes, Denmark and Austria.

Other than the cake part it sounds like a good trip.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 06:33 AM   #904
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
Cool, it has been a while since I have appeared in a dream. . .but this is probably the most unrealistic yet!

Me buying cake !? I never buy cakes at mini or super markets as I am very picky about cakes, I prefer home-made cakes or maybe from a good cafe/restaurent and so far there is only two contries in wich I really enjoy the cakes, Denmark and Austria.

Other than the cake part it sounds like a good trip.
I also prefer home-made cakes, so I don't know why it appeared there. But maybe you did not buy it for yourself?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 10-05-2007, 07:38 AM   #905
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Trivia match is getting to me...

Last night I fell asleep looking for the answer to the trivia question. Here is the result...

Anyway, all the contestents were in my kitchen, and The Might was in the corner standing, and the rest of us, except me, were all sitting. I was standing by the fridge watching people, probably looking for clues. The Might asked a trivia question, and Macualare(sp?) said "So ----- is the answer?" (I can't remember the word, it was really weird). TM looked at him funny and said something to the effect of "good job, you just told the other team the answer." TM asked another question, and Mac did pretty much the same thing. We all started laughing, but then I realised, and said, that he hadn't come up with quotes, so if my team could find the quotes, we would get the extra points. I think by the end I figured that I wouldn't be able to, because the way the questions were constructed the answer was one of the words flipped backwards, so no quote would apply.

Dream ended about here, but I will add that all I remember of how everyone looked, was I believe everyone had dark hair, and Mac looked alot like the picture of TM found on the picture page.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:52 AM   #906
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Finduilas, that's hilarious! But there is one thing that puzzles me - your dream seems to have been unbelievebly realistic! Normally (at least my) dreams do not have such continuity, or are more crazy in general

And TM, you hear that? You should be proud of the game you created
Old 10-05-2007, 08:11 AM   #907
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Realistic except that everyone was in our kitchen! It was really funny listening to her tell me the dream this morning as we prepared breakfast before I came to work...

"The Might was standing there," Fin gestures to the corner where the Lazy Susan is by the stove and I received an instant picture of the Might standing with his hands resting on the counter top behind him, looking at all the contestants, "Mac was there," she pointed to the pastry table. "I was standing here. . ." It was pretty funny.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:47 PM   #908
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Hilarious dream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finduilas View Post
I believe everyone had dark hair, and Mac looked alot like the picture of TM found on the picture page.
I looked like TM? Well, maybe if I shaved.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 02:06 AM   #909
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
I'd go for such trip with such people any day!
Now I only wonder what was in Rune's rucksack...

Finduilas's dreams are affecting mine. The night after Finduilas had her trivia match dream, I had mine.

I went to the petrol/gas station that is near my dad's place. It was late night and I was going to buy something, I don't recall what. When I entered the station I noticed that my trivia match team (Macalaure, Folwren and Gil-Galad) were sitting on the floor of the station and they had playing cards in their hands. They were trying to solve the current trivia question. There were two people of the other team in the station as well. I'm not sure who they were but I think they were Gwathagor and Finduilas. I joined my team mates and we were gloating to the other team as there was four of us present and of the other team there was just people.
Then we got bored of sitting on the petrol station floor and went to another place. It was a room with wooden walls. In the middle of the room there was a huge trampoline-like construction made of a big light blue sheet spread over wooden poles. Mac, Folwren and Gil climbed on it and started jumping. I was a bit sceptic as I didn't trust the sheet to be strong enough to be stood on, not to mention jumping. "Come on, it's perfectly safe", Mac told me. "Yes, it is, come on", Folwren echoed. Gil wasn't concentrating on us at all, just jumping up and down. "Okay then", I agreed hesitantly and climbed on the "trampoline". I started jumping. "See, it's perfectly safe. Just like we said", Mac said. For a few seconds we all four were jumping merrily, but then the sheet cracked/tore below me and I fell to the floor.

Now I know a psychologist would make an interesting analysis of this and of how I see our team but I don't even want to know...
Old 10-08-2007, 06:56 AM   #910
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I guess this is technically a Barrow-Downs dream, it's just a very lame one.

I dreamed "Oddwen" was the name of a very famous brand of pants.

Old 10-13-2007, 06:00 PM   #911
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I had a vague dream including Legate and Gil-Galad. It had something to do with a lake and a white boat, but I can't recall what happened in the dream. I think they two were just rowing around the lake or something like that. In the same dream a RL friend of mine posted in his LJ a black and white video clip of young J.R.R. Tolkien cruising on a yacht with some Hollywood actress and I was quite shocked and posted the same video clip on my livejournal so that all my 'downer lj-friends culd see it. Diamond commented something very naughty about it, but I can't remember what.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:38 AM   #912
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
I had a vague dream including Legate and Gil-Galad. It had something to do with a lake and a white boat, but I can't recall what happened in the dream. I think they two were just rowing around the lake or something like that.
At least we did not get drowned.

I had a Downish dream too, today, but unfortunately, I don't remember anything from it. I just know that there were some Downers featuring, but I can't remember the story. If there was any.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:34 AM   #913
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
"Come on, it's perfectly safe", Mac told me. "Yes, it is, come on", Folwren echoed. Gil wasn't concentrating on us at all, just jumping up and down. "Okay then", I agreed hesitantly and climbed on the "trampoline". I started jumping. "See, it's perfectly safe. Just like we said", Mac said.
OCL

Somehow I can see Mac doing that. *remembers the rock-climbing episode*
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:41 AM   #914
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Nah. Rocks appear way safer to me than trampolines. (does not fancy heights)

Sorry for making you hurt yourself, Lommy.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:15 AM   #915
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Two dreams last night - or two separate subplots or something.

First I dreamed that one of my old co-workers at BK knew Durelin - I was so surprised that I fell over.

Then I dreamed that TorE was coming to my town for a concert - I was so surprised that I fell over.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:28 AM   #916
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Last night I had a rather long and weird dream, can't remember most of it, but I do remember that at one point, I was standing in a group of people trying on a light blue satin dress which was either a prom or bridesmaid dress, but I think I was trying it on for a play. I did that once in reality, wore a modified prom-or-bridesmaid dress in a Shakespeare play. Anyway, it was a bit too small and I couldn't get it fastened even though I was wearing a corset underneath. Supposedly I had worn this dress before and it fit alright. So I said something like, "I think I got too fat for this."

Rune, who was sitting nearby, spoke up, "Yes, you're quite fat." Then before I could say anything in reply he added, "You deliberately baited me into saying that to start a fight."

I replied, "Well, I'm not 18 anymore."

There was more after that but there were no Barrow Downers. I woke up and went back to sleep and in my next dream, there was a werewolf who had lost her daughter, and she howled mournfully, but that's all I remember.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:11 PM   #917
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Palantir-Green

I had a dream that there was a ww-game where some villagers were granted "magical skills" along with giving out the roles. Nogrod demanded that the people with the magical skills should come out and swear not to use them during the game. Mac seconded this idea. First, Legate came out and promised not to use his magic skills. Then, Volo wrote a long post in which he promised not to use his skills, but he added the word "maybe" in a very tiny font at the end of the post. Finally, I posted and declared I would not make such a ridiculous promise.

Now, what does that tell about the latest ww-game?
Old 11-03-2007, 07:11 PM   #918
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
I had a dream last night which kind of struck me as odd. I was coasting through the downs and noticed that Celuien of all people had plans to visit where I'm going to school... I suggested that I give the Ribbiter a tour of my campus --Volo offered to join us-- and instantly I was in the airport waiting for her. Long story short I gave the tour pointing out mundane instalations and the university center turned into a very, very large Wal-Mart like ...store. There were computers sitting around to direct people like one might use in a library to locate books... we were going to check out the downs, but I woke up (after Volo got lost on the way to the bathrooms) but I woke up before we ever reached the machines.

I'm pretty sure if I did dream that far it would cycle back through the previous events.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:28 AM   #919
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Unfortunately, I don't remember almost anything from a dream I had today, but it was very long, very epic and very pleasant - which is just a vague recollection based on the feelings I had when I woke up. I remember only that there were some of my fellow students, a journey on train to northwestern Bohemia, Lommy (which is why I write that here), my cousin's place where we play RPGs when we do, and at least one of my friends from that RPG group. But I don't know how it was all connected together and what was happening there.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:36 PM   #920
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I had another Barrow Downs dream - I can't remember much but I was meant to be meeting Nogrod and Lommie - but were stymied by the fact that Nogrod had written instructions on how to find them in a letter but his handwriting was impossible to read (no idea if this is true). For some reason I was walking around a field with Gordon Ramsey trying to reach them when I woke up. My psyche is a strange place.