The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-24-2007, 06:56 PM   #641
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I had one last night!

I was in London, at the train station by Gatwick airport, and I was looking for Roa - I had to catch her before she left and tell her something important. I had a big fuzzy yellow scarf wrapped all around my face, for some reason. I saw Hookbill sitting on a bench and he told me I got there five hours too late and missed the train; Roa was already on her way to Gondor - which happened to be in England. Then Hookbill turned into Nabokov and started lecturing me about how I should always drive on the left side of the road, and I woke up.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:33 PM   #642
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I dreamt recently that I forgot the phantom's birthday.

It's probably from the residual feelings of guilt I have for missing people's birthdays due to not being around. Belated well wishes to everybody to whom the sentiment applies.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:23 AM   #643
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Then Hookbill turned into Nabokov and started lecturing me about how I should always drive on the left side of the road, and I woke up.
Well, I do lecture people about 'road side driving'.

Not sure what a Nabokov is... sounds like some kind of... weird creature of sorts...
Old 02-28-2007, 10:43 AM   #644
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I had a dream that me and my family moved to California - and that once we passed over the San Andreas fault we could turn into rhinoceruses at will. (...just don't try to interpret that bit, please.)

The first place I went was the library, where I bought cigarettes. (?) I then became weak and shaky, and sold them and my others (???) back at a profit. I turned around and was so glad to finally meet Estelyn Telcontar - I mentioned to her an idea I had for REB, namely, a half-dwarf princess.

"No-one has half-dwarfs in their stories, it would be so funny," said I.

"WE did. Snori. In REB II," replied Esty tersely.

"Yes, but..." but she had already walked away muttering to herself.

Then I put up some pictures I had taken of myself in some midaeval gear - short cloak, short pants and green tights, and a bunch of people commented on them. I remember Eomer saying "Hubba hubba, though it's really impractical." Many many people commented on my hair being a bad length, "It could get caught on rocks & trees when you're crossing streams with a barbarian horde!" TomBrady12 was very supportive, though.

One of the replies seemed to be some sort of invitation form - there was very little written on it, save for "We should meet - Jennifer". On the second page, there was a list of a few classes, and the one called "Bachlameil Virgining - AGAIN" was bolded. I wondered if this was from Diamond18 because it was time-stamped from Wisconsin, but I knew her name wasn't Jennifer and she would have written a lot more down. I finally figured out it was a code, and that someone wanted to blow up the San Andreas fault so that California would fall into the sea, and so I got out of the state as quickly as I could.

Really weird coincidence? The song I woke up to was Tool's "Aenima".

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:18 AM   #645
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Last night I dreamt that I lived in a room in my aunts house, it was however owned by some stranger. Apparently I had been living there for years and got along good with all the others that also lived ther. . .it must have been around 7 people. I walk into the living room and meets Kath, who has been living in a room in the cellar for years, but only now do we meet. We start to chat about how weird it is that we only meet now. . .

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:16 AM   #646
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I had a dream that I went to a café. Kath and Lhuna were sitting at one table. I asked if I could join them and they agreed. Kath started to complain: "I wan't Eomer to be here, he's my favourite 'downer and I haven't seen him in ages!" And, surprise surprise, Eomer walks in and joins the company. There's a sort of awkward silence.

Then I start to talk. I chat about something very weird and it goes on and on. Eomer looks at me, obviously thinking I'm a freak of some sort, Kath's so thunderstruck that she can't help laughing and Lhuna (who too seems to think I'm a weirdo of some sort) giggles. Then Lhuna asks if I will come to the supermarket with her (she needed to buy bread) and she tells Kath and Eomer that they can go to her place and we'll all meet there soon.

I and Lhuna start walking to the supermarket. We chat about some random things. Then we arrive at the supermarket. I say I must buy a disposable camera, since I want to take photos of them since it was such a good chance to brought me to meet them. First we go to by some bread. Lhuna chooses some rye bread. The cover looks familiar. "Hey, that's made in Finland!" I tell Lhuna, "weird that they sell finnish bread in the Philippines." Lhuna agrees that it's weird and then we buy the bread and the camera. Then we go to Lhuna's place and Kath and Eomer were there, but then the dream ended.

That was a weird dream and I can only guess why did I have such a dream. But that me flooding nonsense chat might have something to do with werewolf: yesterDay Kath said it's difficult to form a picture of me when I'm not flood-posting, I replied her that now I will flood-post since I'm in Noggie's place (which has a working net access) and at the end of the day she remarked she had certainly had the flood-posting she had missed...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:38 AM   #647
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
I was in London, at the train station by Gatwick airport, and I was looking for Roa - I had to catch her before she left and tell her something important.

Sweet! I was in someone's dream!

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:33 PM   #648
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
I was lucky enough to have a dream about the downs last night, since it's been awhile. I dunno if this was Nyquil-induced effect (I've had bronchitis for the last week and a half), but it was kindof...interesting.

I drift into some town that first looks for the most part normal, until I somehow end up in the business/old part of town. I'm trying to find a payphone to call a ride, but whenever I look for one, there isn't one to be found. So, finally I end up meeting first Hookbill, but he's in a hurry to his office at the downer and can't tell me exactly where the sole existing pay phone is in town. So, I walk further in town and I meet Child, who is operating a boarding house. I ask about the infamous payphone, and all I end up hearing about is how much I should rent a room, just for a few nights. I end up paying for a room, and then walk out into the street and bump into Gil, who's running with a bunch of things in a bag. I ask about the payphone and all I am told is to be quiet and I didn't see anything that was in the bag, so he runs off. I end up just going to find the payphone myself, and end up in a much older part of the town where I meet Rune, who's standing on a street corner selling cotton candy and a bunch of other things, but he's wearing a police suit and looking for someone. I ask if he at least, knew where the payphone was and he gives me a look like i'm blind or something and points behind him at a payphone. Then he sells me some candy, a pen and paintbrushes. Then Gil appears around the corner and Rune runs after him as I'm calling someone to pick me up.

Yes, I know, rather long and yawn-inducing. Though, I'm rather curious what Gil had exactly...

~ Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:26 AM   #649
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Pipe

Last night I had a very odd dream...

I was on some weird island with this huge mountain in the middle, but the mountain had a cliff that circles around the island. In front of this cliff was a beach that spanned all around the island. At some point in the cliff face was a Barrow in which all the Dowenrs were living and having a party of some sort. I was on the beach at the other side of the island where Eomer was telling me about some defencive system that he'd helped set up, namely Rune was at the top with cave wall that could be collapsed to send rocks tumbling down on invaders.

I looked out to sea and caught a glimpse of a black shape moving across it. Suddenly, Rune was running down the cliff (some how) and shouting 'their coming!' then he encouraged us to run. I looked again and saw that thousands of Orcs were coming from over the sea.

Naturally, I ran. We turned a corner in the cliff and ran down the beach, I looked back to see that the Orcs were coming up behind us. So Eomer said, 'I'll hold them off' to which Rune replied, 'there are too many' but Eomer went anyway. He seemed to vanish in the mass of Orcs. 'Oh dear,' said I.

Fea appeared next and asked us what the trouble was. Rune explained and she sighed and said 'not again!' and ran with us towards the Barrow. We suddenly saw all the other Downers congregated for no reason and began to shout 'run away! Run away!' so they did. Gil-Gallad then said that he knew someone who looked like him and so could confuse the Orcs. He dashed off randomly and the rest of us ran towards the Barrow.

Once we got there the gate was shut and The Barrow Wight was desperately shouting, 'Open the Gates!' over and over. They eventually did and we began to file into the Barrow, but the Orcs were almost on us until Gil returned with his twin and started dancing. The orcs then started chasing him. Thinlómien then said something about getting 'reinforcements' and ran off. For some reason, I didn't go into the Barrow but wandered after the Orcs who were chasing Gil. But doing that only made them chase me. Fortunately, before they could catch me, Thinlómien returned with an army of Penguins who began to fight the Orcs.

Then I woke up...
Old 03-04-2007, 03:47 AM   #650
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba
Fortunately, before they could catch me, Thinlómien returned with an army of Penguins who began to fight the Orcs.
I don't know whether I should admire the penguins' loyalty and braveness (bravity?) or be infuriated of them being used in military purposes.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:21 AM   #651
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Last night I had a dream that SPM was directing a play in some finnish theatre. Noggie bought tickets for me, my sis and himself. We never a ctually got there in the dream, I just remember Nogrod complaining it's stupid that we of all the people going to see it don't know anyone else there, since we're not very close to SPM and that he's the only one we can talk to. (The other people in the audience were mostly SPM's friends and family.) I comferted him by saying that maybe Rune could come to Finland to see it too, and we could chat with him.

I had also another dream, or then it was the same dream, but anyway, I had a dream that I was seeing a school psychiatrist and she asked me about social relationships. All I managed to say was: "I know TGWBS and Mac from BD."
Old 03-06-2007, 01:51 AM   #652
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

BD dreams three nights in a row! Wow! Eek!

I had a dream that it was autumn and I wanted to arrange a live ww/mafioso party just before Christmas. I was planning to send invitations to some 'downers (I can't remember them all, but at least to Volo, Durelin, Anguirel, Rune, Lalwendë and Lhuna). The invitation cards were made or white paper and they had a picture of Lordi (the Finnish Eurovision winner from last year) with a hat of a christams elf. Nogrod (in whose place the party was to be held) was very sceptic about the idea. "No one will come to Finland just to drink coffee, eat gingerbread cakes and play some werewolf", he warned me. "Think about Durelin, for example. She lives in the other side of the Atlantic. If you want to meet her, you should both go to London and meet there." Nevertheless, I wanted to arrange the party. I posted all the invitation cards, and the weirdest thing in it all was that I post a little Danish grammar with each of them... The dream ended before the actual party started or I was able to find out who were coming. Weird.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:00 AM   #653
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Palantir-Green Am I making some unofficial record...?

This is the fourth night in a row!

I had three short BD-related dreams last night.

1) I was in school and I talked with a friend and a friend of hers I did not know. My friend had to leave and I was left there in the corridor with her friend. "Have you ever been to the Barrow-Downs?" I asked him. "Yes, sometimes, my screen name is the guy who be short", he replied casually. I was a bit sceptic about it: "I think you're lying. I know him and I know he doesn't live in Finland, doesn't look like you and I doubt you'd have managed to get that much reputation points or posts." He then admitted he had been lying and said thast he had made around hundred posts a few years ago with the name thefirestarguy.

2) Nogrod told me that he had invited LMP via PM to Finland and he had agreed. He also said that they had spoken on the phone and his phone bill was around 300 euros. "It's very expensive to call abroad", he told me. I was curious about the phone call: "How was his voice? Did he have a horrible yankee accent?" "He had a slightly nasal voice", Noggie replied, "and he spoke very quietly. And he did have a quite american accent, I'm afraid."

3) I was in school and received an sms from Nogrod. It said: "SPM has been lynched. He was a wolf."

When I woke up, I had one unread sms. And you can guess from who it was and what did it say...
Old 03-07-2007, 02:03 PM   #654
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Have you been eating cheese late at night? But coffee and gingerbread sounds good..why wasn't I invited?

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 06:11 AM   #655
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Sadly I didn't have any BD dreams last night... Five nights in a row would have been quite cool...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
Have you been eating cheese late at night? But coffee and gingerbread sounds good..why wasn't I invited?
No I actually haven't...
Maybe you were invited (as I said there probably were few invitees that I didn't remember in the morning anymore) but my subconsciousness just didn't consider you important enough to be remembered...
Old 03-09-2007, 02:04 AM   #656
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Again

I had a dream that I and Noggie were stanting at a bus stop. Near the bus stop, the road made a very sharp turn. The people driving by never managed to keep on the road, but all the time slided to the snowy banks in the turning point. I and Noggie were watching the cars and predicting whose car the next to slide to the snow would be. (I assure you we aren't this sadistic in RL... ) I said: "The next one's Mithalwen, I'm sure." A white car appeared, driven by Mith. It came to the turn, and just like so many cars before it slided off the road. "The next is a suicide bomber", Noggie predicted. There came a black car, slided off the road, ended up beside Mith's car and exploded. Mith then managed to drive back to the road. She seemed to be alright.

Mith disappeared and we kept standing at the bus stop. A white car appeared. "Now that's Mith again!" I said. "No, it isn't, it's another suicide bomber", Nogrod claimed. But I was right, and it was Mith again and her car ended up off the road again. Then another white car appeared and the driver drove it very fast off the road. When it hit the snow bank, it exploded. Soon after a cowboy-style wagon with a motor appeared, slided off the road and exploded too, beside Mith's car like the white car just a while ago.

"I hope Mith's alright... Being attacked by three suicide bombers in a row and staying alive would be a miracle", I said. But then behind the smoke and ash, Mith drove back to the road. She was unharmed and even her car was only slightly damaged. She drove away and waved to us smiling as she passed us.

You can make anything that you will of that dream... But I'm pretty sure my subconsicious had bad conscience since Mith wasn't necessarily in my werewolf Christmas party -dream... But I don't that was a very fair compensation!

edit
: I also had a dream that I was writing in a BD RPG with Legate.

Last edited by Thinlómien; 03-09-2007 at 02:47 AM.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:51 AM   #657
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeek

*terrified and glad that I don't drive a white car..and now probably will never drive a white car again*. This is a litle spooky given that I have had a few "near misses" with terrorist attacks (bombsgoing off in places I could/should/would have been and have had a couple of "near misses" from accidents driving on snow and ice.....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 06:15 AM   #658
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Sorry Mith!

*blames self for Mith's future whitecarophobia*
Old 03-11-2007, 06:00 AM   #659
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
Have you been eating cheese late at night?
Haha! That did it, Lommy has freakier dreams than me. I ate only cheese the whole week and didn't have a single wierd-wierd dream!
Old 03-11-2007, 06:13 AM   #660
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
and the weirdest thing in it all was that I post a little Danish grammar with each of them
That is not weird. . . It is a show of class and common courtesy.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:17 AM   #661
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
I also had a dream that I was writing in a BD RPG with Legate.
I was in your dream? That's cool!
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:59 AM   #662
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Last night I dreamt I was on the Downs (so I just saw writing, no actual people).

Firstly I was on the WWXXX Admit thread in post-discussion. Durelin was saying how amazed she was that the village hadn't used a shortlist, as it would obviously benefit them. Then Lalaith started talking about a downer called Lalaf, whose existence I doubt.

Then a bit of my dream was influenced by reading about Menel's new game in which the no. of wolves is unknown. I dreamt I was in a field at night under starlight (very Elvish) with a multitude of others. We discussed the possibility that maybe there were no wolves - what if they were all just cows? Suddenly my viewpoint was that of a cow, and I wandered here and there, chewing on cud. It all seemed fine - of course there were no wolves! Just cows walking around at night. But then I, still a cow, wandered out into the grass away from the people sleeping on the fields, and I was suddenly surrounded by wolves.

Ahem. Back to normality. Then I saw that Lhunardawen had created a new thread in N&N entitled "MICHAELDAY!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY FORMENDACIL!!!!!!!!!!" Even though his birthday has gone, and Michaelmas is far away!
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:11 PM   #663
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Your dinosaur dream was perhaps my favourite, tgwbs, but this runs a close second. It is a lovely vision - guy as a cow, chewing under starlight....

I'm also quite excited about being in someone's dream for once...
Old 03-13-2007, 09:52 AM   #664
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Quote:
It is a lovely vision - guy as a cow, chewing under starlight....
My current signature is very appropriate (not purposefully). Supercow would make mincemeat of those wolves!

My favourite dream from me would have to be Lalwende's wedding with the Boro-porridge.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:17 PM   #665
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boro-porridge? Please explain this weirdness!

Quite odd that, too, as I ate a load of porridge for breakfast on the 13th, and I always eat oats raw with cold milk on them - I only had the porridge because it was there in a big steaming vat in the hotel dining room and couldn't be turned down.

I had a freaky dream on Thursday night where this black bat was trapped in the room with me and it panicked and flew at my face and got stuck to it, and it felt like an 'orrible clammy rubbery thing glued to half of my face.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:19 PM   #666
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Oh... I meant Beren-porridge. In any case, I repost one of my earliest dreams, post 48:

Quote:
I dreamt I was at davem and Lalwende's wedding. Just before it really got started, they mentioned how they wanted to give special thanks to Beren87. I looked around, but couldn't see him - until I noticed Beren87 was a small pile of porridge in Lal's hands.

I offered to take Beren87 from her so she could go and get married, but the porridge quivered, and she explained he was afraid of me. So we got some more porridge (Computer-porridge) and mixed it with the Beren87-porridge so that Beren87 could talk through a computer's speakers.

I have a strange subconscious.
Also, last night, after learning Kath was going to Finland, I dreamt that I too was going there, but that I was going to meet Lommy (and Nogrod, of course, though the poor guy didn't get a mention in my dream).

Though there is no need to go there... they will come to me (I hope)!
Old 03-17-2007, 04:59 PM   #667
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
Also, last night, after learning Kath was going to Finland, I dreamt that I too was going there, but that I was going to meet Lommy (and Nogrod, of course, though the poor guy didn't get a mention in my dream).

Though there is no need to go there... they will come to me (I hope)!
Nice dream! And I hope we're coming. And unfortunately I don't meet Kath when she comes here since the place she goes to is so very far away from Helsinki...

And err... *is afraid of the chat skrewl* Speaking of Kath, I had a dream involving her some time ago but unfortunately can't rememeber anything of it.

edit: ooh, this is the 666th reply!

Last edited by Thinlómien; 03-17-2007 at 05:57 PM.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:48 AM   #668
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
*sigh* This is a strange one, but very briefly in a dream I found myself poking Boromor88's cheek (for what seemed over five minutes) without getting much of a reaction out of him at all. Then again, I wasn't really reacting to it either, oddly... It was all very roboting cheek-poking event, and I'm so bemused by it there was little left to do but share. : )
Old 03-18-2007, 10:21 AM   #669
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I had a strange dream the other night, and not surprisingly it was about werewolf. (Sort of.) I dreamed the the BD was a physical place- people still posted as a forum, but the forums were distinct places. It was all very apocalyptic future-esque, all black and gold but with a dark red sky. There were two forums solely for werewolf- our werewolf and this very elite group of werewolf players, but their werewolf wasa different version. They lived in this tower, and we lived below it on a river. (It was a yucky river- the kind that runs through the slums.) The elite werewolf players harassed us constantly. They had these bombs that they would drop on us that would connect to form velociraptors that would attack us. So I had a plan to stop that. They kept all their bombs in a container on the side of their tower. SPM, Nogrod, and I took a flying boat (it looked like a small version of a Chinese house boat, but it had an engine under it that allowed to fly- if you've ever seen 5th Element, it was kind of like the flying boat that the Chinese food vendor has at the beginning.) We were going to cut a hole in the container, and drop all the bombs into the river, where they would drown or disolve.
Unfortunately, when I tried to open the container, it was like it was side scenary in a video game- I clicked on it (with my mouse) but I had no effect. SPM asked what was wrong, and I was trying to explain to him why I couldn't do anything, when the elite werewolf players discovered us. They fired their lazers at us, but fortunately they hit their own container and ripped a hole in it. All of the bombs sank into the river and disolved. Even the few that were activated only turned into velociraptors which couldn't swim (they have small arms) and drowned anyways.
For some reason, the mod of the elite forum talked with the BW and had transfered to that forum. They showed me where all of the bombs were, and how each player there earned them (through victories in their games.) I decided that I had to earn as many bombs as I could so I could take out the elite tower from the inside. But before I could play, I had to fill out an application. I kept trying to point the players in the elite tower (none of whom had names that I recognized) to look at our forum and our games, because I was convinced they'd like it better, but the mod of that forum (someone who had no name but was very powerful, put a stop to that. Then my phone rang and I woke up.

Weird, huh?

Last edited by Roa_Aoife; 03-18-2007 at 10:26 AM.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:43 AM   #670
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Roa, I felt scared when I read the first few sentences. I thought "Why is Roa copying my dream?". 619. And there was a river going through the school grounds too. Luckily no bombing. And I took a flying bus there...
Old 03-18-2007, 10:56 AM   #671
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I don't believe I read your dream before, but I dare say our views of two seperate Werewolf forums are a great deal different. If I did read it, though, it no doubt had some influence on my own.

The low class forum of werewolf was more of a post-apocalypitc city slum. Not really a school yard. And the elite forum was a black tower, with a wide section around the top (like that tower in Chigago, only sinister) where the elite players lived. And they weren't sitting around voting.....

Old 03-19-2007, 07:33 AM   #672
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

So, after cruelly leaving Nogrod out of my dream last time, I had a dream about him last night. I really struggled to recall it too - I had to sit in my room, chanting "Nogrod, Nogrod" over to myself like a mantra until bits of it returned.

Nogrod was going somewhere, so we all sent him cards to wish him well. I'm not sure exactly where he was going. Anyway, we all send cards, but lots of people wrote them in Quenya because it was similar to Finnish (rather than English, which he speaks perfectly... bizarre dream people!). I particularly remember Lalwende's card - she had tried to write it in Quenya, but she didn't know it well enough. It ended up half in Quenya, half in English, which made me lol when I read it.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:01 AM   #673
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Last night, I dreamt about Oddwen. It's lucky I remembered this dream - I was thinking about Oddy's Sims game in the morning, which suddenly sparked the memory of this dream.

There was a large mountain, fairly forested, with a lot of people going about on it. There were a few beaten paths here and there. I escorted Oddy over the mountain by these paths so she could get home. Also, every so often we would stumble across a small clear box of fairy cakes and cookies and pastries and other tasty treats, just lying on the ground! Obviously we took them.

After I had got Oddy to the other side, I gave her some boxes of sweets and went on my way back over the mountain with an armful of sweet boxes.

A psychoanalysis is necessary, I feel. I think the dream represents my excitement about the Sims game. I escorted Oddwen to make sure no harm came to her, and I gave her sweets at payment for having such a good idea.

I shall not go into the Freudian interpretation. After all, it's not hard: A tall structure like a mountain could only represent one thing!

My dreams:
Feanor 9
kath 5
formendacil 5
Lhuna 4
littlemanpoet 4
Encaitare 4
Eomer of the rohirrim 4
the phantom 3
mormegil 3
Barrow Wight 2
orominuialwen 2
nilp 2
the only real estel 2
lalwende 2
davem 1
beren87 1
Anguirel 1
holbytlass 1
dancing spawn of ungoliant 1
Celuien 1
Gilgalad 1
Firefoot 1
glingleglingleglinglefairy 1
Heren Istarion 1
wilwarin 1
Alatar 1
bucktardo 1
boromir 1
piosenniel 1
Shelob 1
mithalwen 1
sleepy ranger 1
Guinevere 1
Meneltarmacil 1
Durelin 1
Lalaith 1
Thinlomien 1
Nogrod 1

TGWBS: 38 different people in dreams. 75 dream-people. 60 total dreams. Average 1.25 people per dream.

Oddwen:
TGWBS - 6
EomerotR - 5
Diamond18 - 4
Nilp - 3
the phantom - 3
Mithalwen - 3
Fea - 3
Thinlomien - 3
Hookbill - 3
Gurthang - 2
Bethberry - 2
SPM - 2
B88 - 2
Menel - 2
Lalwende - 2
Davem - 2
TorEstel - 2
Glirdan - 2
Formy - 2
malkatoj - 1
Da BW - 1
Zali of Willowbottom - 1
Elf-warrior - 1
Durelin - 1
Nogrod - 1
Oliphaunts_rule - 1
Estelyn - 1
TomBrady12 - 1

Oddwen: 28 different people in dreams. 62 dream-people. 31 total dreams. Average 2 people per dream.

I've just realised I'm doing this a bit too often... I suppose I'll do it once every two pages from now on. In my defence, it is ridiculously addictive.

I suppose Lommy also deserves a mention:

Lommy's dreams:
Kath - 4
Anguirel - 4
mithalwen - 3
mormegil - 3
LMP - 3
Lhunardawen - 3
Sleepy Ranger - 2
Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant - 2
Glirdan - 2
Roa - 2
Spm - 2
Rune - 2
tgwbs - 2
Macalaure - 2
Boro88 - 2
Caranlondien - 1
Wilwarin - 1
Jenny - 1
menel - 1
eomer - 1
Fea - 1
the phantom - 1
volo - 1
durelin - 1
Lalwende - 1
Fordim - 1
Estelyn Telcontar - 1
Paavo - 1

Lommy: 28 different people in dreams. 51 dream-people. 27 total dreams. Average 1.89 people per dream. 1 new person dreamt of every 0.96 dreams.
Oddwen: 28 different people in dreams. 62 dream-people. 31 total dreams. Average 2 people per dream. 1 new person dreamt of every 1.11 dreans
TGWBS: 38 different people in dreams. 75 dream-people. 60 total dreams. Average 1.25 people per dream. 1 new person dreamt of every 1.58 dreams.

So, I seem to have the most dreams, and have dreamt about the most people overall. However, Lommy and Oddy have more populous dreams than I do, fitting about 2 Downers into each dream. Lommy is the dark horse, and the only one of us to introduce more than one new downer to her subconscious per dream!

One explanation for my low rate of dreaming of new Downers (1 per 1.58) may be that I have dreamt of so many people, it's hard to find new people to dream of. However, many notable downers seem to not be on my list, so perhaps I'm just mentally conservative.

If these trends continue, I will have the most dreams, Oddy will have the most populous dreams, and Lommy will have dreamt of the most people. But that is just a guess.

In conclusion, I am searching for a life, honest.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:27 AM   #674
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Am I misreading, or do I seem to have appeared most often in 'Downer dreams?

I don't know quite how I feel about that.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:32 PM   #675
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
I shall not go into the Freudian interpretation. After all, it's not hard: A tall structure like a mountain could only represent one thing!

My dreams:
Feanor 9
kath 5
formendacil 5
Lhuna 4
littlemanpoet 4
Encaitare 4
Eomer of the rohirrim 4
the phantom 3
mormegil 3
Barrow Wight 2
orominuialwen 2
nilp 2
the only real estel 2
lalwende 2
davem 1
beren87 1
Anguirel 1
holbytlass 1
dancing spawn of ungoliant 1
Celuien 1
Gilgalad 1
Firefoot 1
glingleglingleglinglefairy 1
Heren Istarion 1
wilwarin 1
Alatar 1
bucktardo 1
boromir 1
piosenniel 1
Shelob 1
mithalwen 1
sleepy ranger 1
Guinevere 1
Meneltarmacil 1
Durelin 1
Lalaith 1
Thinlomien 1
Nogrod 1

TGWBS: 38 different people in dreams. 75 dream-people. 60 total dreams. Average 1.25 people per dream.

Oddwen:
TGWBS - 6
EomerotR - 5
Diamond18 - 4
Nilp - 3
the phantom - 3
Mithalwen - 3
Fea - 3
Thinlomien - 3
Hookbill - 3
Gurthang - 2
Bethberry - 2
SPM - 2
B88 - 2
Menel - 2
Lalwende - 2
Davem - 2
TorEstel - 2
Glirdan - 2
Formy - 2
malkatoj - 1
Da BW - 1
Zali of Willowbottom - 1
Elf-warrior - 1
Durelin - 1
Nogrod - 1
Oliphaunts_rule - 1
Estelyn - 1
TomBrady12 - 1

Oddwen: 28 different people in dreams. 62 dream-people. 31 total dreams. Average 2 people per dream.

I've just realised I'm doing this a bit too often... I suppose I'll do it once every two pages from now on. In my defence, it is ridiculously addictive.

I suppose Lommy also deserves a mention:

Lommy's dreams:
Kath - 4
Anguirel - 4
mithalwen - 3
mormegil - 3
LMP - 3
Lhunardawen - 3
Sleepy Ranger - 2
Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant - 2
Glirdan - 2
Roa - 2
Spm - 2
Rune - 2
tgwbs - 2
Macalaure - 2
Boro88 - 2
Caranlondien - 1
Wilwarin - 1
Jenny - 1
menel - 1
eomer - 1
Fea - 1
the phantom - 1
volo - 1
durelin - 1
Lalwende - 1
Fordim - 1
Estelyn Telcontar - 1
Paavo - 1

Lommy: 28 different people in dreams. 51 dream-people. 27 total dreams. Average 1.89 people per dream. 1 new person dreamt of every 0.96 dreams.
Oddwen: 28 different people in dreams. 62 dream-people. 31 total dreams. Average 2 people per dream. 1 new person dreamt of every 1.11 dreans
TGWBS: 38 different people in dreams. 75 dream-people. 60 total dreams. Average 1.25 people per dream. 1 new person dreamt of every 1.58 dreams.

So, I seem to have the most dreams, and have dreamt about the most people overall. However, Lommy and Oddy have more populous dreams than I do, fitting about 2 Downers into each dream. Lommy is the dark horse, and the only one of us to introduce more than one new downer to her subconscious per dream!

One explanation for my low rate of dreaming of new Downers (1 per 1.58) may be that I have dreamt of so many people, it's hard to find new people to dream of. However, many notable downers seem to not be on my list, so perhaps I'm just mentally conservative.

If these trends continue, I will have the most dreams, Oddy will have the most populous dreams, and Lommy will have dreamt of the most people. But that is just a guess.

In conclusion, I am searching for a life, honest.
Hmm. It seems that werewolf spreads a contagion of post analysis to other forums.

Any dreams where Downers donned a wolf pelt? Lost their clothes? Swam a lake and disappeared for seven years? I won't ask about developing hairy feet or hairy palms--those are already accounted for.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:47 PM   #676
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
*squeeee!* The Man of my Dreams gives me candy! Or he somehow knew that I was eating candy ALL DAY long yesterday.

Although I had a couple other dreams recently - I'm adding one each to my tally of TGWBS, Diamond & Volo

Oddwen:
TGWBS - 7
EomerotR - 5
Diamond18 - 5
Nilp - 3
the phantom - 3
Mithalwen - 3
Fea - 3
Thinlomien - 3
Hookbill - 3
Gurthang - 2
Bethberry - 2
SPM - 2
B88 - 2
Menel - 2
Lalwende - 2
Davem - 2
TorEstel - 2
Glirdan - 2
Formy - 2
malkatoj - 1
Da BW - 1
Zali of Willowbottom - 1
Elf-warrior - 1
Durelin - 1
Nogrod - 1
Oliphaunts_rule - 1
Estelyn - 1
TomBrady12 - 1
Volo - 1

Oddwen: 29 different people in dreams. 65 dream-people. 33 total dreams. Average 2 people per dream.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 03:15 AM   #677
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

White-Hand

If we're going to make accurate records, I think a few old dreams of mine. Yes, old dreams. Two of them are from earlier times when I didn't post every single BD dream I had, only the funny ones. (It's a great pity, since I have probably forgotten some.)

Anyway, these two I can still recall...

1) I dreamed of the NBRB RPG. My character Lingwë, Kath's character Curamir and Dunwen's character Nimir were somewhere discussing. Or, they were half the characters, and half us three. Then, it turned out, that Curamir was actually a princess in disguise ( ) and that Lingwë was actually some king's jester.

2) I went to England and I met Kath. She greeted me in fluent Finnish. I was dumbstruck and asked: "How on earth can you speak Finnish?" "Well, Nilp taught me", she replied.

And then (while having that extraordinary BD dream rumba a short while ago) that the text in my telephone that tells in which profile the phone is (for example "silent") had turned from "mykkä" (means mute in Finnish) to "mormegil". (I didn't post this dream before since I thought I wouldn't be able to explain it English. It seems I was, but to explain it understandably, I don't know...)

So, my list that should be accurate:
Kath - 6
Ang - 4
morm - 4
Mith - 3
LMP - 3
Lhuna - 3
Sleepy - 2
spawn - 2
Glirdy - 2
Roa - 2
Spm - 2
Rune - 2
tgwbs - 2
Mac - 2
Boro88 - 2
Caranlondien - 1
Wilwarin - 1
Jenny - 1
Menel - 1
Eomer - 1
Fea - 1
the phantom - 1
Durelin - 1
Lalwendë - 1
Fordim - 1
Esty - 1
paavo - 1
Dunwen- 1
Nilp - 1

(I see TGWBS didn't have Noggie on my list. I think that was wise. So I also removed Volo from the list since I know him from RL and I might have had some non-BD related dreams involving him etc...)

Kath seems to be seriously haunting my dreams.

But weird. I had no idea that Ang and morm had appeared in my dreams that often!

PS. Thanks for calculating those TGWBS! Your researches are interesting!
Old 03-22-2007, 08:00 PM   #678
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
Kath seems to be seriously haunting my dreams.
Dang, she's figured me out! And here was me thinking I was being sneaky.

I wish I could remember half as many dreams as you people.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:45 PM   #679
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Interesting how this thread seems to have become extremely popular lately.

Anyhow, interesting dreams. I wish I had more; I've only got one to speak of on this whole thread...
Old 03-26-2007, 04:19 AM   #680
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by short buddy
Ahem. Back to normality. Then I saw that Lhunardawen had created a new thread in N&N entitled "MICHAELDAY!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY FORMENDACIL!!!!!!!!!!" Even though his birthday has gone, and Michaelmas is far away!
*almost had an Espiem moment, only with diced pineapple instead of coffee*

I'll keep this in mind. Don't tell Form, okay?
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote