The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-29-2009, 11:25 AM   #1201
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
Mith...she is/was the "phantom's apprentice". We don't know if gifteds can be turned...with the number of gifteds in this game maybe, but *shrug*. I am wondering why she's still alive. Are the wolves afraid they will fail to kill her again? We still know nothing about her role except the name of it and the vague things she has claimed to have done, such as "delivering ducks". I can't help but be bothered by that.
Depends what you mean by turned. I have worked my bits off for the innocents and after seeing what went on after I left yesterday I am beginning to think the ducks deserve the win if ordos seek to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory and wilfully risk modfire. I am ceratinly not inclined to waste much time here today...I nearly didn't bother to come in at all. Currently I am somewhat ambivalent...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:27 AM   #1202
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots Lookee, lookee.

So his exam's tomorrow, it's 1am here, and I got to steal time to go online!

And what do I find? Disappointing stuff. My vote is so justified (under the mandate given me). If it does count, I'm not telling.

Y'know, if we were right and proper citizens we'd compare voting pattern/behaviour from when DAY 1 to now.

But that wouldn't be fun, would it?

Nor proper, yeah. So I guess we're not doing it.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:36 AM   #1203
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Due to life, I won't be around much today.

I'll be around, however, the two hours before deadline.

Try not to do anything too wretched while I'm gone?

With Izzy gone and revealed, I'm inclined to 'trust' Nilp. Insomuch as that I doubt he's a Duck.

I am also inclined to trust Lari. Nobody else has jumped forth to claim huntership, and that's not all that difficult of a role to reveal: the likelihood of Ducks attacking is tempered by the likelihood of them getting taken down.

If Durelin is lying, I'm inclined to trust Nog still, as well as Mith.

My recommendation for the Day, therefore, is to kill Durelin, see if she was lying about her role, and if she was, hope like The Void that our mysterious Night time assassin works some magic again to keep us alive.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:53 AM   #1204
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
My recommendation for the Day, therefore, is to kill Durelin, see if she was lying about her role, and if she was, hope like The Void that our mysterious Night time assassin works some magic again to keep us alive.
And if I'm not lying?

If you kill me, we've lost (unless another wolf mysteriously dies tonight...I guess if you want to rely on that go ahead...and then it'll be down to the wire once again), and Mith then can be as self-righteous as she wants.

If you're really convinced I'm lying, it might make sense, but you know we can't afford to just flippantly 'test' if I am.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:03 PM   #1205
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Not self righteous just teed off and impressed by a bravura performance.

Old 03-29-2009, 12:13 PM   #1206
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
the moddess returns

Did you miss me?
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:16 PM   #1207
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
White Tree

Well, just bothered to bother you some more, really must sleep now.

Ah, well, might as well be a tad helpful: Miss Huntress, be these nocturnally dying Ducks your doing? If not, guess you have an extra gifted. Unless this mysterious hunter (not Hunter) in the NIGHT be confident of xyr target toNIGHT, reveal timing should be considered.

Of course, revelation means little in this village. Here there be suspicion in copious amounts. Share the shiftiness!

Must be going now, colds + lack of sleep does not good grades guarantee.

Can't read my, can't read my, no he can't read my poker face.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:21 PM   #1208
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Right then. How depressive this is. Every other saying they will have this or that to do bor not being to much interested - and we still need to lynch right toDay.

What is it with you people?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:31 PM   #1209
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Did you miss me?
Course we did..... though Mnemo was delightful company.

Old 03-29-2009, 12:34 PM   #1210
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Boots Rules question.

Hey Sally, if I do this:

++Nilpaurion Felagund

Will my vote for everyone count, or is it this one?
Old 03-29-2009, 12:41 PM   #1211
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Oh Nilp.....

Old 03-29-2009, 12:42 PM   #1212
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Sting

Don't worry mum, I haven't hurt myself.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:58 PM   #1213
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Good... otherwise I still ain't bovvered...

Old 03-29-2009, 01:00 PM   #1214
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dury to Fea
If you're really convinced I'm lying, it might make sense, but you know we can't afford to just flippantly 'test' if I am.
I don't think it would be a flippant test but something based on quite a believable scenario - as I explained earlier. Believable scenarios have been wrong in the past - but they have been right as well. And if I have to choose between random and argued lynch I'd sure choose the latter. The question is just whether we can argue for a better case as there are two ducks still remaining?

So if you Dury are a goodie I'd suggest you rolled up your sleeves and took into it.

But if Nilp and Mith are going to vote on just whatever whim that pleases them, we might as well quit the game right now. Why bother trying to find out the last ducks if only two of us will try to catch the duck and two will vote against any duck-vote... and two will vote whatever they please? Meaning the outcome of the vote - and the game - will depend on any whim the "neutrals" happen to have...
Old 03-29-2009, 01:02 PM   #1215
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Boots

Don't worry Noggie, I'm not skewing the game with my votes.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:19 PM   #1216
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
I don't think it would be a flippant test but something based on quite a believable scenario - as I explained earlier. Believable scenarios have been wrong in the past - but they have been right as well. And if I have to choose between random and argued lynch I'd sure choose the latter. The question is just whether we can argue for a better case as there are two ducks still remaining?

So if you Dury are a goodie I'd suggest you rolled up your sleeves and took into it.

But if Nilp and Mith are going to vote on just whatever whim that pleases them, we might as well quit the game right now. Why bother trying to find out the last ducks if only two of us will try to catch the duck and two will vote against any duck-vote... and two will vote whatever they please? Meaning the outcome of the vote - and the game - will depend on any whim the "neutrals" happen to have...
Don't be so sanctimonious. It isn't my fault. I have done everything I could for the village til now to no avail. You have no idea.

So I have gone back to my role and decided "It is no longer about good and evil; it is about who's nice to me".

Old 03-29-2009, 01:50 PM   #1217
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
It isn't my fault. I have done everything I could for the village til now to no avail.
To no avail? Looking at the number of ducks dead in this village we have actually fared quite well this far. You can't blame us if our situation is basically impossible looking at the numbers of ducks bred throughout the game - and especially because they are turned during the game making old knowledge obsolete by the Day.

Think of a village that had initially 7 ducks and at least one cobbler with special cababilites. This one was harder than that even if the numbers are correct.

So I'm not so sure you can diss our efforts (and yours?) like that. Yes yesterDay was bad, and we didn't pay heed to your call of lynching Dury (Which I now see you have been proposing two Days in a row already), but as you see I'm quite willing to try it toDay unless better ideas present themselves.

Quote:
You have no idea.
I do have some ideas of what you have done as you must have seen if you have read the thread - and I think most of us believe something that is not totally incorrect about you. But surely we don't know all there is to you here.

Quote:
So I have gone back to my role and decided "It is no longer about good and evil; it is about who's nice to me"
On no...

It's probably the last Day - or the second last if we manage it toDay. Not the Day when one should give up.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:02 PM   #1218
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Well I'm not going to sit here all night again knowing everything will happen after I go. There are more constructive things I could be doing...

Old 03-29-2009, 02:05 PM   #1219
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Well I'm not going to sit here all night again knowing everything will happen after I go.
Let's do something then before getting into the more constructive things.

So what is your suggestion for toDay? Dury?
Old 03-29-2009, 02:09 PM   #1220
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I still haven't made it out of this apartment yet. People keep needing things from me.

++DURELIN

Onen i-Estel, ś-chebin estel anim.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:10 PM   #1221
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

And btw. do you have a reason you can state for your votes on Dury, or does your role deny talking about reasons?
Old 03-29-2009, 02:16 PM   #1222
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Fea darling, this vote is for you, the one thing that stopped me yielding in admiration of a bravura performance from Duckelin (which caused me to suffer from a dose of Tourettes yesterday), was your skill and faith.

You don't deserve to lose and I think my master will understand. So I remain on the side of the angels.

Third time pays for all.

++Durelin

Old 03-29-2009, 02:18 PM   #1223
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Good to see you back Fea & Mith in action.

In case the timing of the votes will prove to be crucial I will give my vote now as well (subject to retraction if something persuasive enough comes to the fore later - but looking at Mith's vote I do doubt it).

++ Durelin
Old 03-29-2009, 02:21 PM   #1224
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
And btw. do you have a reason you can state for your votes on Dury, or does your role deny talking about reasons?
To be concise: without knowing Durelin's role, nothing can go right, except by accident.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:24 PM   #1225
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
To be concise: without knowing Durelin's role, nothing can go right, except by accident.
I think you're right here.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:27 PM   #1226
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
but looking at Mith's vote I do doubt it
Meaning: looking at the things she said there...
Old 03-29-2009, 02:30 PM   #1227
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
So I have gone back to my role and decided "It is no longer about good and evil; it is about who's nice to me"
*hugs* That any better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
I know, I'm going to try (and have been trying - I've been very good for me this game, you must admit ), but unfortunately there's only so much I can do as my time is limited. I know this upsets you but I think you have been a bit busy yourself this game so try to understand. Yes, we're down to the wire, but that doesn't change people's lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
we didn't pay heed to your call of lynching Dury
She has voted for me, yes, but she hasn't given any reasons (except following her dear son and being 'consistent'). I wouldn't call that calling for my lynching. More like mildly suggesting.

Erm, yeah... *more hugs for Mith*

So, here's looking at you, Nog...

Day 1, voted for me because of a supposed 'slip'. Went a little crazy about the roles/assignments. Went after Rikae for that, now known a cobbler - obviously why she was playing so boldly from Day 1.
Day 2, late vote for Lommy. Go with the flow. He could have been made a wolf on Night 1 and onward.
Day 3, voted for Nilp.
On Day 4 he turned around and argued why we shouldn't lynch Nilp. Fea switches from her vote for Nilp after one post from Nog about not lynching him. Was gung-ho against cobbler-Rikae.
Day 5...was convinced Mac was a wolf. Now he thinks I am.

I think you've accused me of "going with the flow" and taking opportunities. I believe I could accuse you of the same thing. I find you and Fea a possible wolf-pair as I do not believe you have suspected each other, and there was that interesting communication on Day 4. Also, with Nerwen dead and proven a wolf, Mac's point about you yesterDay looks pretty good.

Fea...

Has been on the edge of things this entire game, partly because of her posting restrictions it seems.

Day 1, she did her random meta-vote for Brinniel, giving her two votes.
She voted for Lommy on Day 2 helping seal her fate. If she was made a wolf on Night 1, Lommy had a lot of suspicion and I don't find this at all a completely unlikely vote.
She voted for Nilp on Day 3, as well, and switched her vote from him at a word from Nog.
Voted for Rikae near the end on Day 4, as did I, so *shrug*.
Voted for Nerwen yesterDay. Now, she did vote early for her. Her convictions were fairly strong. This could have been for survival, or because the wolves might have expected Nerwen to be assassinated.

Mith

Claimed to "deliver" wolves Days 2 and 3. But since then, she's just been skating by, even though we don't know what the "phantom's apprentice" is. Maybe the wolves do and that's why she's still here.

Lari

Claims to be the hunter. Easy role to claim if she's lying, but she'd have to know there wasn't one.

Nilp

Cobbler? Or just Nilp? But I guess not a wolf.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:32 PM   #1228
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Don't start getting persuaded again Nogrod

Old 03-29-2009, 02:33 PM   #1229
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
Yes, I can't supply you with seer-like knowledge, and certainly can't "deliver" ducks. But finding out my role also means we've lost. Not that I know what I'm talking to.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:33 PM   #1230
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Oh bother .... hugs might have swung it a few minutes ago....

Old 03-29-2009, 02:37 PM   #1231
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
or does your role deny talking about reasons?
I'd say it's a bit late to be keeping secrets, really. This game is over unless we get it right. Unless I'm failing at subtraction again.

Kill me, the wolves kill another innocent tonight, and it's just 2 against 2, right?

Perhaps you can at least tell me, Nog, why you are inclined to follow Mith's vote toDay? I think you owe me that, at least.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:38 PM   #1232
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
Oh bother .... hugs might have swung it a few minutes ago....
Chocolate? Or how would you like your very own acolyte/apprentice?
Old 03-29-2009, 02:41 PM   #1233
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Good to se you around Dury!

Quote:
Don't start getting persuaded again Nogrod
I'm trying not to.

Btw. Dury, might Lari be your mate then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dury
Claims to be the hunter. Easy role to claim if she's lying, but she'd have to know there wasn't one.
I think she could do it quite boldly without a knowledge of other hunters around. Looking at the different roles in this game she could quite nicely say there must be two different hunters etc. if someone challenged her claim.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:44 PM   #1234
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Did you miss me?
Yes, tears were shed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
Ah, well, might as well be a tad helpful: Miss Huntress, be these nocturnally dying Ducks your doing? If not, guess you have an extra gifted. Unless this mysterious hunter (not Hunter) in the NIGHT be confident of xyr target toNIGHT, reveal timing should be considered.
I can tell you for certain those kills are not mine. I am only a Hunter and nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Onen i-Estel, ś-chebin estel anim.
It took me longer to remember that quote than it should have.

I keep thinking Durelin is innocent, but it is a neat role to have come up with. And not hard to fake if one is a Duck/Wolf. Just list how many of your own minions there are left.

I might know my vote, but I think I might want to wait for other things toDay to see about the vote.

Last edited by Lariren Shadow; 03-29-2009 at 02:47 PM. Reason: x-posted
Lariren Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:45 PM   #1235
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Btw. Dury, might Lari be your mate then?
I'm starting to wonder if she's the only one on the village's side, yes. I guess I'll see if she shows up toDay.

What's funny, Nog is this - if you really don't believe me, why do you believe my information? And why did you actually use it in your earlier posts toDay as fact, in order to show how I might be a wolf?

Unfortunately I have to run here in a few minutes. Oh dear, just as things are getting so fun...

(Crossed with Lari, obviously.)
Old 03-29-2009, 02:48 PM   #1236
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Perhaps you can at least tell me, Nog, why you are inclined to follow Mith's vote toDay? I think you owe me that, at least.
I'm not so much following her vote (I hadn't actually paid heed to her voting before making my "case" against you toDay) but feeling some relief seeing her going the same way.

What I mean by her post convincing me more about it is what she says about the virtuoso performance of a duckling - which is you and your "wolf-tracker" -thing.

Okay. Maybe Mith is bluffing and only pretends to be a neutral who can choose her side as she feels. Maybe. But at least now it looks more far-fetched than your ducklery.

Edit: x'd with Lari & Dury
Old 03-29-2009, 02:49 PM   #1237
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
You don't deserve to lose and I think my master will understand.
I shan't bow with a flourish until the curtain falls. We've not slain all Ducks yet.

There is still time to lose.

Still, just for prudence's sake: Mith, my favorite, have I told you lately that you are spectacular?
Old 03-29-2009, 02:52 PM   #1238
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
What's funny, Nog is this - if you really don't believe me, why do you believe my information? And why did you actually use it in your earlier posts toDay as fact, in order to show how I might be a wolf?
What information might you mean; the number of ducks? I think I already speculated on that in my post #1196:
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
And there would be some reasons to stick with the truth there as not to make any mistakes - but if she is indeed a duck then we should take those numbers with a pinch of salt.
(She isn't giving us less ducks than there are because there would be at least three of them then and they would have won already - so the question becomes: would she benefit of trying to make us believe there are more ducks there actually are?)
Or did you have something else in mind?
Old 03-29-2009, 02:53 PM   #1239
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Maybe Mith is bluffing and only pretends to be a neutral who can choose her side as she feels. Maybe. But at least now it looks more far-fetched than your ducklery.
Really? Even if she's not bluffing, as you've said yourself and as she's suggested, she gets to choose sides. Why are you so sure she's choosing your side?

Oh, wait, duh...you're another penguin.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:56 PM   #1240
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Oh Fea, lols

What can you offer in the chocolate line?