The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-07-2004, 02:05 PM   #1
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree Mere rumour?

My aunt found this and forwarded it to me, wondering if there was any news or whatnot.

Quote:
I work in a cinema in Denmark, and on the latest list of releases, it was mentioned that in mid-October Lotr 1,2 & 3 Extended version would be shown in a select number of cinemas. It would seem likely that they are showing the extended versions, a few months ahead of them coming out on dvd, so the December release, seems like a good bet for the dvd's so far.
Is this true? Or is mere rumour?

Link

I did a search but didn't find anything about this....

Cheers,
Imladris

Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 02:13 PM   #2
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

I think it might be true, I have no proof of it, but I have heard something aboud them playing them all at once. Whether or not there playing the EEs I dont know.
Old 07-07-2004, 05:13 PM   #3
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
There has been a couple of reports of occurances on film schedules like this. I predict that it probably will happen, in October. But the only thing is, is that the EE would then be shown to the world before it comes out on DVD, which is kind of strange.

But then I have also heard that the EE film (just the film, not interviews or anything else) is completely done. It is just that they are still waiting for the extras to be finished.
Old 07-07-2004, 05:56 PM   #4
starkat
Wight

starkat has just left Hobbiton.
That's on TORn, right Imladris? They also have a second one from another country saying the same thing.
"Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight, At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, ... And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again. ~ The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe Narnia Movie Info
starkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 06:09 PM   #5
Araréiel

Araréiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Don't forget that there were showings last year of all three films together, the first two extended, with RotK, before RotK was released.

Put it this way. If they release all three together and extended this year in theaters, I can about guarantee that those people who go will still shell out the bucks for the extended DVD. You have to be a fan to be willing to sit through 12 hours in a theater. Showing them all will just be bonus money.

And you can bet your bumm I'll be there if they do release them again! But which costume to wear......
Araréiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 07:01 PM   #6
starkat
Wight

starkat has just left Hobbiton.
Since it will be in the middle of the school semester I won't be able to go. 12hrs in a theater is 12 hrs I need to be studying. *sigh* Oh well. I can console myself with watching the EE as soon as it comes out and then several times over the Christmas holidays.
"Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight, At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, ... And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again. ~ The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe Narnia Movie Info
starkat is offline   Reply With Quote