The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2003, 10:57 AM   #321
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

Ninnyhammers and noodles...I like that, Miss Helen, and yes, I certainly do follow you...my budget could not afford that for at least two years if not more.... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Hello, Nehani! Welcome to the thread! Thank you for sharing! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Sorry to make you feel "bummed" though--but as long as you enjoy what you've got, I don't think it matters if your collection is big or little...sigh...kind of wish I had my copies of LOTR and the Sil from Jr. High.... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] (roughly 21 years ago..... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] )

[ November 23, 2003: Message edited by: Samwise ]
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 11:23 AM   #322
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

I'll just have to wait until I get my PSAT scores back, and pray that I made it into the National Merit Scholarship program. My dad (bless his heart!) told me that he'd give me a blank check if I did make it in, so I'm waiting until December before splurging on a bunch of Lord of the Rings memorabilia. If not that, then I hope that I get un-grounded from using my credit card (I got grounded in the first place for buying a crummy version of the Ring of Barahir and an Aragorn cut-out from tolkientown.com) so that I can order stuff.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 05:57 PM   #323
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Um....you got grounded for buying crummy merchandise, or for buying in the first place? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

"Sorry, honey, no credit card for a month. You should have bought the ring of Galadriel. Much nicer. "

[ November 23, 2003: Message edited by: Samwise ]
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 11-23-2003, 07:37 PM   #324
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

Elbereth, no! I don't think my dad wanted me to buy stuff over the Internet. My parents are rather paranoid about things that they don't know much about, and they think that I'm going to go on sprees and buy random stuff (only random LotR stuff!!!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]) That was why I was grounded.

Haha! I think my mum would probably ask to borrow Galadriel's Ring if I ever bought it! She's starting to get into LotR also.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Old 11-23-2003, 09:42 PM   #325
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

Nehani wrote:
Quote:
a 20 year old triology, a thrity year old Hobbit, and ROTK, the brooch, a cloak I made
Why, that's quite respectable. If I may say so, you have the essentials. Add a walking stick, a walking song and a sense of adventure, and the rest of the Rivendell walkers might see you in the woods...?
Old 11-23-2003, 09:56 PM   #326
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Quote:
I don't think my dad wanted me to buy stuff over the Internet. My parents are rather paranoid about things that they don't know much about,
Ah. Makes sense. Thankfully, I've only had one bad experience buying things over the internet, but I don't have a credit card so it didn't have anything to do with that kind of thing. My mom is "iffy" about buying things over the internet, too. I'm old enough, though, that my parents just fret about stuff, they don't tell me not to (well, in that respect.....)
Old 11-24-2003, 11:51 PM   #327
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Well, bad news in the collectible realm for I... While I was on a trip to Baltimore and Washington DC the last few days I lost my brooch of Lorien [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

I had worn it on my coat to dinner, and then a little bit after I had left the resturant is realized it was no longer on my coat. By that time though it was really late, and since I was with a group of students from my school I really had no time to go out and look for it. I hope that if anyone found it they enjoy it. My mother said that I could get a new one though. I had a wonderful time on the trip, but I lost my brooch [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2003, 12:51 AM   #328
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Gorwingel,

What bad luck. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I am glad your family is being so understanding.

If you are into calendars, take a look at this:

Real Middle-earth Calendar

A tad on the expensive side at $19.99 but it's definitely different.

[ November 25, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 11-26-2003, 06:31 PM   #329
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Hm...nice. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I would like a movie calendar, myself.

In five dollars and forty-seven cent's
"time", I will be able to purchase my STING!!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2003, 08:48 PM   #330
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Thumbs up

Well, i don't really have much of a collection to brag about, really. But, i do have a small one and next to my Isis collection it is steadly growing...

well he's about all i have...

1. Four posters of boromir. (they came in the mail from a web site... i really wanted ones of merry and pippin but, contest winners are not all ways the choosers. i got what got.)

2. a collection of bookmarks. ( made by yours truely.. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] )

3. two different versions of the hobbit. (it's my favorite out of all Tolkien's books. It does what any book i cherish the most. It makes me laugh.)

4. umm... let's see. is there a fourth? well, let's just say a big article from the internet about boromir is enough. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Well, don't look at me in a bad light i try to do the best. Trust me im working on it. 4 things compared to over 150 Isis collectibles and treasures is going to be hard!

Quote:
Come up to meet you, tell you I’m sorry
You don’t know how lovely you are
I had to find you, tell you I need you
Tell you I set you apart
Tell me your secrets, and ask me your questions
Oh lets go back to the start
Running in circles, coming up tails
Heads on a silence apart

Nobody said it was easy
Oh it’s such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said that it would be this hard
Oh take me back to the start
I was just guessing at numbers and figures
Pulling your puzzles apart
Questions of science, science and progress
Do not speak as loud as my heart
Tell me you love me, come back and haunt me
Oh and I rush to the start
Running in circles, chasing our tails
Coming back as we are

Nobody said it was easy
Oh it’s such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be so hard
I’m going back to the start

Oh ooh ooh ooh ooh ohh (x4)
- coldplay, the scientist
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 11:22 PM   #331
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Quote:
a collection of bookmarks. ( made by yours truely.. )
Really? Cool. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] Made how? (I do bookmarks in counted cross-stitch myself).
Old 11-28-2003, 11:16 AM   #332
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Ring

*Morai looks up from her computer* I finally caught up? Yay!!!

Well anyway, here are some things I'll add:

1) A toy sword that's broken in half from Disneyland,which from now on is my "Andúril"

2) A little flower wreath/crown thingy with will be part of my hobbit costume for ROTK.

3) The article from Newsweek on ROTK. (11 pages, oh yeah.)
Old 11-29-2003, 07:38 PM   #333
Alatáriël Lossëhelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatáriël Lossëhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
Ebay got me! (convulses and falls on floor) After several smaller purchases of books (including Journeys of Frodo) and a CD of songs from the trilogy, I just won (and paid for )a Fellowship deluxe 9-figure set. I probably will regret it just before payday next week. But later, I'm going to set it up on one of my top shelves, maybe on a sheet of rock or among several lichen-covered rocks, and perhaps some moss... maybe a mural of mountains behind them.
Helen: I know what you mean about ebay. I could very easily go bankrupt on that site. I try not to shop there very often, 'cause I always find something I want. What's the "Journeys of Frodo"? (As a major Frodo fan, I might have to have it.) [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] I really like your idea for displaying the Fellowship figures. I have that set out on display now, but just grouped together on my entertainment center with the rest of my action figures. Not all that spectacular. Hmmmmm--I might have to make a special display for them. Great idea, Helen! Hobbits are so clever...
Old 11-29-2003, 08:28 PM   #334
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Hm...don't know if this would count, but I'm going to post it anyway! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I have AOL, and some time ago "Celebrity voices" were offered in place of that boring monotone AOL one....so I now have "Elijah Wood" (as Frodo, no less, so you've got the "Middle Earth" accent)telling me "Welcome" when I get on line, whether I've "Got Mail" or not, and "Good bye" when I log off (and yes, I 9 times out of 10 say, "Thankyou", "Hello" or "Goodbye, Little one", when I hear the voice, too!) [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2003, 09:00 PM   #335
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Thumbs up

Quote:
Samwise, there's a video (on same site I belive) of Elijah Wood reading a book called "Me and My Cat?".
COOLNESS! After all this time I finally found the site and am now going to go attempt to listen to it! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

:Later:

He's so darn cute...he sounded so nervous (leastways he sure said "Um" and "Uh" a lot. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] No offense to anyone involved, but story-wise I liked "A Bad Case of Stripes" better!
Old 11-29-2003, 09:36 PM   #336
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Sting

Samwise, I'm almost tempted to check that out... he's not usually nervous about much of anything. Pretty cool & collected kid.

Alatariel-- Shucks! (blushes) Thanks. I just had this mental image of the fellowship cresting that mountain, one at a time... and some of those flybys... great scenery. Now where will I get the poster...? Oh, "Journeys of Frodo" is by Barbara Strachey. It's somewhat similar to Fonstadt's atlas, but more detailed, and obviously very Frodo-centric (see title...) So therefore, if you are indeed a Frodo addict, you "must-have-it-precious". Getting one is hard; I think they are out of print? (Hence my recklessness the other evening on ebay, and my delight in "winning".)

Now, as a Frodo addict myself, I consider my lack of a full-sized, glistening, leather-scabbarded Sting to be a grave problem. The next time I can't imagine what else to do with several hundred dollars... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

On another thread, I mentioned the CD I just got... LOVE IT. The TOlkien Song Cycle by Andi Grimsditch, or some such name? Also on ebay. Snatch it up. Dirt cheap, pretty good music-- some of the tunes are even singable. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2003, 02:53 PM   #337
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Ring

Quote:
posted November 29, 2003 10:00 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samwise, there's a video (on same site I belive) of Elijah Wood reading a book called "Me and My Cat?".

COOLNESS! After all this time I finally found the site and am now going to go attempt to listen to it!
:Later:

He's so darn cute...he sounded so nervous (leastways he sure said "Um" and "Uh" a lot. No offense to anyone involved, but story-wise I liked "A Bad Case of Stripes" better!
Well, I'm glad you finally found it. Here's my LOTR wish list:

1) TTT Soundtrack (for Gollum's fish song)
2) ROTK Soundtrack (I've heard that Billy Boyd "Pippin" sings on it)
3) "Walking With Frodo" Another Christain devotional for LOTR
4) Toys, (maybe like a light up Sting, action figures etc)
Old 11-30-2003, 10:32 PM   #338
Alatáriël Lossëhelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Silmaril

Quote:
I have AOL, and some time ago "Celebrity voices" were offered in place of that boring monotone AOL one....so I now have "Elijah Wood" (as Frodo, no less, so you've got the "Middle Earth" accent)telling me "Welcome" when I get on line, whether I've "Got Mail" or not, and "Good bye" when I log off (and yes, I 9 times out of 10 say, "Thankyou", "Hello" or "Goodbye, Little one", when I hear the voice, too!)
Samwise: Ok, I'm really envious now. I may have to switch to AOL just for Elijah's voice... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Quote:
Who originally posted the link? Morai, was it you? Could someone repost, as I can't locate the original?

Quote:
Alatariel-- Shucks! (blushes) Thanks. I just had this mental image of the fellowship cresting that mountain, one at a time... and some of those flybys... great scenery. Now where will I get the poster...?
If you have a pretty good printer, you can probably download one of those shots & print it yourself, although I don't know if 8x10 would be large enough. Maybe allposters or...ebay? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Quote:
Oh, "Journeys of Frodo" is by Barbara Strachey. It's somewhat similar to Fonstadt's atlas, but more detailed, and obviously very Frodo-centric (see title...) So therefore, if you are indeed a Frodo addict, you "must-have-it-precious". Getting one is hard; I think they are out of print? (Hence my recklessness the other evening on ebay, and my delight in "winning".)
...and I was really trying to stay away from ebay--at least till after Christmas. Ebay is like Lay's potato chips..I can't stop at just one. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]:

Quote:
Now, as a Frodo addict myself, I consider my lack of a full-sized, glistening, leather-scabbarded Sting to be a grave problem. The next time I can't imagine what else to do with several hundred dollars...
Helen: I've seen the official Sting & scabbard on ebay (where else?) quite reasonably. I also like shopping for weapons here.

Quote:
1) TTT Soundtrack (for Gollum's fish song)
2) ROTK Soundtrack (I've heard that Billy Boyd "Pippin" sings on it)
3) "Walking With Frodo" Another Christain devotional for LOTR
4) Toys, (maybe like a light up Sting, action figures etc)
Morai: 1) Unfortunately, the "fish song" isn't on the soundtrack, just "Gollum's Song" that plays during the credits. 2) And not just Billy..I've heard Viggo sings as well. 3) Who sings that? I don't think I've ever heard of that song before. 4) Target or Elf-Mart have the best prices for action figures.
Old 12-01-2003, 06:24 PM   #339
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

For those who are slightly confused by my last post:
Devotional: A religous book that usually applies spiritual teachings to real life. (For instance, christiain devotionals compare or apply biblical teachings to books, movies, life etc.)

Atáriel: Yeah, I've heared about Viggo's musical talents, he's apparently making a cd (or it's already released, not sure...) called pandimoniumfromamerica
(as far as I know, it's all one word.)
How sad, I was hoping to memorize that "fish song" oh well....
Old 12-04-2003, 11:45 PM   #340
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Hi-ho! Well, added a wee bit to my LOTR collection today, some photos off the web of the cast at the Wellington premiere, and a book (magazine)...I can't quite tell the title of it for all the words on the front--I think it might be "Fantasy Worlds" #3....
anywho, it showcases ROTK, has interviews with Li'l Mr. Wood, Miranda Otto and the guy who played my fave Lil' hobbit--(like you don't know who that is. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) the reason I bought it--'cause I would never have bought a $7.00 mag otherwise. Lots of good pics in it of "everybody" so to speak. I also got (though I won't offically recieve it 'til Christmas) an LOTR movie calendar for 2004. There's a store in our local outlet mall that sells--for the most part--calendars, and I picked out the one I liked (again, one that gave satisfactory "photo time" to my fave Hobbit), then proceeded to leave the store so my mother could buy it for me w/o my "seeing". [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

On another note:
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]I have five dollars and seven cents to go until Sting is mine ! ! ! ! ! ! ! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2003, 11:02 PM   #341
Alatáriël Lossëhelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Andúril has arrived!! It is truly a kingly sword...really great runes down both sides of the blade and a super-looking crown-type-thing for the display plaque. Fabulous...
Old 12-05-2003, 11:15 PM   #342
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Other good news... I just received my replacement Lorien brooch [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

It is kind of weird because this time it came in much finer packaging than my first one. My first one came in a little white box, nothing more, nothing less. But this one still came in a white box, but the box has a LOTR sleeve on it, and then inside the white box was a wood box in which the pin was located.

Forever though I will wonder if anyone found my brooch, and if they had an Aragorn moment (you know, when he picks up Pippin's brooch in the field) when they picked it up. It was the weirdest thing when I lost it though because it seemed to dissapeared without a trace. My mother thinks someone took it. But I don't want to think that someone did that. Oh well [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2003, 11:34 PM   #343
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Aw...I wouln't want to think that, either, Gorwingel. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Miss Lynn, are you MADE of money??? Goodness, the mere DESCRIPTION of your Anduril seems expensive!!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2003, 12:58 AM   #344
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Sting

Alatariel, quick-- here it is... journeys of frodo
Old 12-07-2003, 08:51 AM   #345
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

The other day, when I got the $7.00 book, I also bought a much less expensive "Disney Adventures", which has a nice little spread on the Hobbits (well, 3 of them--Merry wasn't included for some reason. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]) My favorite quote is from Sam (Sean) when they ask him:

Q [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]id you get to take away and great souvenirs from the set?

SA:I got Sam's pack, an engaved walking stick, a pair of bronzed Hobbit feet, and my sword.
Someone asked if I wanted the Ring, but I said, "No WAY!"

Good boy..... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2003, 09:13 AM   #346
vanwalossien
Shade of Carn Dûm

vanwalossien has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

*broad grin* LotR merchandise? Yes, I've got some of it... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
I've got seven big movie posters (one from each movie for each my rooms plus one poster with the map), countless smaller ones collected from magazines, some really nice A4-size pictures printed on photo paper (all my love to Empire), the Ring, three calendars, a pencil case and a Saruman-note book. I've probably got more as well, I just can't think of anything more right now. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2003, 10:40 AM   #347
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Sting

Yesterday I braved the snowstorm (1 foot so far) and went to the post office to pick up my Fellowship Gift Set... Merry Christmas to me. So the Nine Walkers are marching across the top of one of my bookshelves. They need a mountainous footing and a panoramic background, but due to the snow, they'll have to wait for both.

I took my husband aside yesterday and showed him Strider's sword-arm actions. Of course he thinks I'm nuts, but we knew that. I also spent quite some time trying to get Legolas's bow-arm into proper position. They gave him much too short a bow. Perhaps I'll make him a "real" one... (like mine.)

My brother in law decided he didn't like his Smeagol statue that came with the DVD, so he shipped it to me, so I have two. After watching the Gollum special DVD last night, I took another look at them, and the differences are fascinating. (I like having two Smeagols instead of one Smeagol one Gollum; to me it seems even more schizophrenic...)

Samwise, I like that quote. Good boy is right. I've got "Into the West" on the brain right now, and somehow it seems so appropriate that Sean would have kept pack and walking stick and sword! Of course to be totally authentic, he should have gotten Sting, and I hear that Elijah has it. But I guess from an actor's standpoint it makes sense that way too.

If I was Elijah I would have wanted to keep the Phial of Galadriel...

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 11:45 AM December 07, 2003: Message edited by: mark12_30 ]
Old 12-07-2003, 03:26 PM   #348
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Quote:
Samwise, I like that quote. Good boy is right.
I'm so proud of him.... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
I've got "Into the West" on the brain right now, and somehow it seems so appropriate that Sean would have kept pack and walking stick and sword! Of course to be totally authentic, he should have gotten Sting, and I hear that Elijah has it. But I guess from an actor's standpoint it makes sense that way too.
Yeah, you're right. Depends on how you look at it. Sting was "Frodo's" sword, so I guess they figured Li'l Mr. Wood should have it. (and he DID get it).

Quote:
If I was Elijah I would have wanted to keep the Phial of Galadriel...
Mmm...yes. Now THAT definitely would have been something that should have gone to Frodo.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 4:28 PM December 07, 2003: Message edited by: Samwise ]
Old 12-08-2003, 10:52 AM   #349
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

Added to my collection only recently, I obtained a "Lord of the Rings, pocket companion" Oh it is so cute, it's only 3 by 2 1/2 inches. Basically it summarizes each character and chief place in the LOTR books. Howerer, it has oodles of mistakes, like saying that Frodo and Sam stop and rest at Helm's Deep before their journey. But I care not. Finally a Lotr book I can carry in my pocket, literally!
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 02:40 PM   #350
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Sting

I'm getting a load of stuff for Christmas but I actually wanted to tell you all about my "collector's moment"

I took my daughter's toys away because she didn't put them away (house rules) so she snuck into my bedroom and I found her playing with my LOTR Action figures instead. Her little way of retaliating.
Old 12-09-2003, 05:27 PM   #351
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

I just had a collector's moment last night. My baby brother who's 2 walked into my room yesterday evening, and started playing peekaboo with my life-size Aragorn cutout. It was so adorable!
Old 12-09-2003, 08:57 PM   #352
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Silmaril

Aw, Finwe, that's adorable!
Old 12-09-2003, 09:15 PM   #353
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]Four dollars and sixty-seven cents to go and I will get my Sting!!!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2003, 10:29 PM   #354
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Sting

That is cute Finwe.

Samwise how long have you been saving?What's your ETA? (Estimated Time of Arrival)
Old 12-09-2003, 11:46 PM   #355
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Well, Miss Rae, I guess you haven't read any of my other posts concerning this (or have you?), but it has to do with eatin' candy bars and getting a code out of the wrapper, then going to a website, entering the code, and getting a certain amount of "virtual cash". My "eta" is....whenever I down the last candy bar, enter the last code, and the numbers all add up. Haven't been eating so fast of late 'cause I've been feeling a bit ill, (ah, medications are wonderful things--specially when they make you feel sicker than what they're supposed to help you with) [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img], but anywho, it's for an Electronic "Light'n'Sound" Sting, as I more than likely will never in this lifetime be able to afford a "real" Sting.

Quote:
I'm getting a load of stuff for Christmas
Really, Miss Rae? You mean you gave Mr. Cory a list? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 12:50 AM December 10, 2003: Message edited by: Samwise ]
Old 12-12-2003, 04:19 PM   #356
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Tolkien

Well, I was out shopping today and made an addition to my collection. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

It is a holographic-cover TV Guide with our Frodo on the cover, and between the look on his face and the "sparkle" they've added to his eyes it looks like he's about to cry. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

The other two covers I saw were of Gandalf and Aragorn--I didn't see the fourth (each cover says 1 of 4)--but I sadly doubt the fourth was of my Sam. Grrrr. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Now I have the TV Guide from the "beginning", (all 4 Hobbits) and the end...(the cover even says in the corner: "The Saga Ends"). *sniff*. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 5:22 PM December 12, 2003: Message edited by: Samwise ]
Old 12-12-2003, 06:37 PM   #357
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Quote:
1) A toy sword that's broken in half from Disneyland,which from now on is my "Andúril"
Actually, scratch that, my swords name is "Narsil." Why? Simply because the shards have not been forged anew. (In other words, I haven't fixed it using duct tape.)
Old 12-13-2003, 05:23 PM   #358
lord_of_rohan2003
Animated Skeleton

lord_of_rohan2003 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well I dont have that much but here is what I have:

The Hobbit,LOTR,The Sil.Beistary(sp)by David Day EE Fellowship of the Ring,TTT(regular)2 coffe mugs with light up runes,and my favorite,the golden hall 3-d puzzle.

Thats it for my collection but I hear ol St.Nick is bringing some pretty cool stuff this Christmas [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
lord_of_rohan2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 05:41 PM   #359
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Sounds like a right respectable collection to me, Mr. lord_of_rohan sir.
Quote:
...and my favorite,the golden hall 3-d puzzle.
[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] My goodness! Have you completed it? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2003, 06:37 PM   #360
lord_of_rohan2003
Animated Skeleton

lord_of_rohan2003 has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

Yes it's a light collection but i've been meaning to go water it and make it grow some more [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Yup it only took 3 days to make the puzzle(2 if I didin't go play cards with my brother one night)It's real awesome looking,I have it as a center piece on my coffe table. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
lord_of_rohan2003 is offline   Reply With Quote