The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2009, 02:44 PM   #41
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Ye love th' word 'arr', don't ye?~Greenie
Arr, I do. Arr, as long as th' dogs continue to clam up faster than a dead man, I be continuin' to say arr, until me am ou' o' the grumpy mood. Luckily, if ye start talkin' me will be out o' 'tis quickly.

++Nogrod

He be catchin' my suspicion, with Mac's "confession." Could be fo' laughs, but 'tis hardly somethin' t' joke about.

Me be quite a'right with Eomer, Rikae, Mith, an' Nerwen. E'eryone else be inconcluse.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:49 PM   #42
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Ol' Lommins
Which un o' us?
Me, o' course. Ye be infected, ye know. No un wants t' kiss an infected un.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:01 PM   #43
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Agrees with the gunner's daughter... Kiss her!

Hah Boro mate, whassup?

You'd be the cobbler then (you wouldn't try that as innocent or as a baddie I think - surely not as an innocent)?

Fine and dandy. We'll see about it sooner or later.

But I do not like the votes this far, none of them. Early (?) in the Day and basically just banter behind us... and all that. Yes and agreed. But even voting at this time should be based on something that could be shared and discussed. Only Boro states a reason - even if it's a bit odd (c'mon, I don't understand German! Well, a few words but that's it).

Now we just have to face their votes, and let me bet none of those voters will be lynched toDay. So the safest possible option. Let me guess more: the one lynched toDay will be someone who has actually tried to do something and has been around also later this Day (or then we'll go for the submarines, but my trust for that happy decision is faint indeed).
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:10 PM   #44
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Hah Boro mate, whassup?~Nogrod
Ye determined mightee fas' that I be the cobbler...quickly dismissin' the rest of th' choices. Whassup, with ye matey?
Old 06-14-2009, 03:25 PM   #45
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Ye determined mightee fas' that I be the cobbler...quickly dismissin' the rest of th' choices. Whassup, with ye matey?
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
(you wouldn't try that as innocent or as a baddie I think - surely not as an innocent)
I'd say you were a lot faster - you also didn't just speculate but actually voted which is a bit more hasty; at least when it seems you were not in a hurry to get away not being able to come back any more... Hmm...
Old 06-14-2009, 03:31 PM   #46
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Or me powder monkey -comrade Gwathy?
I'll have ye know I killed the last no-good, scurvy sea-dog that called me such.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:36 PM   #47
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
I'd say you were a lot faster - you also didn't just speculate but actually voted which is a bit more hasty; at least when it seems you were not in a hurry to get away not being able to come back any more... Hmm...~Nogrod
Thar be retractables, ye should know how me enjoy them. 'Tis a dirty habit of mine. Aye, if yer infected daughter be har she would say "Pirate Boro's 'ote won't stick." Ye be not aware o' 'tis by now?
Old 06-14-2009, 03:59 PM   #48
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
So the deadline for me ... 5am! Yeah, I'll be voting early. Going to see if there is anything worth translating in this madness with which to form a vote.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:10 PM   #49
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Ahoy there, me mateys! To the depths with those of ye what killed the cap'n, and the rest of us shall celebrate ye death with rum and cake and rum and meat and rum and....and pies....and rum cakes....rum meat....and rum pies and....and some rum, because we best not be forgettin' the rum!

Never mind me absence so far t'day, I been makin' meself a new pair o' legs! Fine ones too, as ye all will see tomorro' when I finish them....if those traiterous, coward-hearted, yeasty codpieces don't carve them all up funny in th' night!

And belay all this funny talk. Let's get down t' some lynching, avenge th' capn's demise and make the next d'mise one d'yours! (See, I be a classy pirate and speak that pretty French tongue.....they be th' ones what thought of 'parley' ye know, and I won't be giving quarter to none of ye feckless ingrates what insults me fancy pirate tongue, so ye know in advance....)

Quote:
Are ye sayin' that ye ain't a cobbler, but something that be more sinister? If that be th' case, then to th' locker with ye!

(And we best be remembering that there be two cobblers in this game, so mighty duels between two of our crew may be just two show-offs shooting wet powder!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
I'll have ye know I killed the last no-good, scurvy sea-dog that called me such.
Good thing I ain't one of them no-good kinds then, ain't it, Bilge Rat Gwathie-poo? (And I think I may be walkin' the plank for that later, so if I be missing another limb come morn, ye all know who to blame)

I see th' landlubber Annu, the girly maggot, has been making holes in me -which is to say Cap'n Brinn's- ship with his fancy doctor tools, throwing them about an' th' like. I best be sanding the deck a bit so it'll be easier to clean up the blood after the end of th' Day's killin'.

(Okay, Sally with her legs here now. Wow, that's super fun! Anyway, I've a board meeting to attend in a few minutes so I'll be gone for several hours, but should be back plenty of time before deadline. If for some awful reason my internet doesn't work I'll at least drive down the street and try to pop off a vote before Nightfall. Love reading all your posts; they're hilarious!)

ETA: x'd with that pipe smoker....erm, player, Kath
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 04:19 PM   #50
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
McCaber - hey it's reasoning! So Shasta there.

Nerwen - fair point, need to think about who you're attacking.

Shasta - defending already! Suspicious there.

Lommy - should be lynched for the [insert censorship worthy word] bit ... I spent ages working out what it might be! Has some very good points about the dead.

Nog - this is where I'm slightly confused. He says Mac made a confession, knowing many of us (which makes it sound like he's including himself) could read it ... I could read a bit of it and I don't think he confessed. Thus the confusion. Oh ... apparently does not understand German. Well that makes a little more sense, still think it makes Boro's vote understandable though.

Eomer - votes Mira randomly.

Boro - thinks Nog is too quiet. Votes Nog. Consistent I suppose! But actually votes Nog for the Mac thing, so I kinda agree.

Eonwe - 'we should be working together' ... well, yes, thanks Captain Obvious.

Mac - even with my limited understanding of German I am pretty sure that he did not 'confess' there in anyway. I got about three-quarters of it and while I doubt I'd know the words for Cobbler or whatever it was Rikae said I still don't think he said them! I only make this a point because of Nog picking up on it. Ah it was mutineer.

Rikae - votes Inzil to get the ball rolling.

Mith - suspects Nog and Lommy.

sally - pokes Boro a bit.

Sooooo . . . nothing at all on Annu, Mira, Greenie and Inzil.

Barely a thing on most of the rest to be honest though!

I'm going to vote:

++EONWE

For being Captain Obvious. There were a couple of others who were making the same old points but his seemed particularly pithy.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:55 PM   #51
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
time zoney.
I be laughin' at tis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
rum and cake and rum and meat and rum and....and pies....and rum cakes....rum meat....and rum pies and....and some rum, because we best not be forgettin' the rum!
T' best food (When t' cake's na' mago'y, an' t' meat's good). Arr, mateys!

Well, we best be gettin' t'work 'ere.

I think tha' th' biggest problem'll be findin' ou' who's an aggressor when tey're dead. Tey can still mess wi' ye then, even if tey can't kill ye.

An' why ye be worryin' bout' t'avenger, Rikae? We don' wan' them t' reveal so early so we sh'd stop talkin' about tis afore t' aggressors find out sum'tin' useful.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:56 PM   #52
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
People be confusin'. It be hard t' choose who t' vote.

edit: an' why be it so quiet?
Old 06-14-2009, 04:58 PM   #53
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Nawt s'hard, given this 'un's co-consipiratorial tendencies. Arrr, Shark Tooth's had some good hard book larnin!

++Boromir
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 05:07 PM   #54
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

I need t' go now, so I be votin':

++Rikae

She seems t' be actin' too helpful, an' she be drawin' te much attention te t'ranger, an' she be changin Mac's words. 'Tat last 'un could a joke but we have nuthin' else to go on (It be Day 1 an' we know nuthin' yet). An' even so, tere's t'other points.

It be gettin' late in me time zone, so I be gone now.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:10 PM   #55
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Enough chat. Somebody needs to get things rolling around here, says I.

++Inziladun

In th' interests of commencing with th' vengeance.
Don't rightly know whar that be comin' from. Vengeance fer what, I be wondrin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Actually I really don't feel confident voting today on this turn out
Aye. I'm gunna give it a bit more time t' see who else be givin' their thoughts, n' t' look over what's been said.
Kath's list be lookin' sensible, I'm thinkin'.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:17 PM   #56
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Arr! A final post. I be writin' a list if I still be livin' tomorrow.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:27 PM   #57
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Ghostly talk

It may seem bleak t' not know the true identity o' those we do sink t'Davy Jone's locker. but, remember the warwol'es be in the same boat. They be not knowin' who they sink, unless they go after the person a second time. That means we have a known innocent, who can't 'ote, but can still cause trouble for the wol'es. If ye be killed, yer duty is not done, attempt t' ruffle th' wol'es fur as much as possible. Ha'ing a wolf kill ali'e an' talkin' th' next day will be 'ery useful, an' we should use that knowledge t' our ad'antage, aye.

Arr! Me could ha'e ne'er seen Shasta's 'ote coming!
Old 06-14-2009, 05:52 PM   #58
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post

Eonwe - 'we should be working together' ... well, yes, thanks Captain Obvious.

[...]

I'm going to vote:

++EONWE

For being Captain Obvious. There were a couple of others who were making the same old points but his seemed particularly pithy.
No 'ard feelins to me pal Eonwe, but I've been noticin' in past games that he mostly tends to repeat what his mates 'ave already been sayin'. It don't matter much whether he be sound or rotten, he surely wears his Captain Obvious hat and sails in his Captain Obvious ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun, referring to Rikae's vote for him View Post
Don't rightly know whar that be comin' from. Vengeance fer what, I be wondrin'?
I know ye ain't askin' my opinion, mate, but the way I figure it, Rikae is mostly tryin' to get things movin'. Stir the kettle and make the scum rise to the top, if ye catch me drift. I wouldn't take her vote too hard, bucko. And that there vengeance of which she be speakin' so glibly is (this pirate assumes) vengeance for our captain's death. Ye'd best be speakin' up and correctin' the error of me ways, Rikae, if I've got the wrong idea.

Quote:
It may seem bleak t' not know the true identity o' those we do sink t'Davy Jone's locker. but, remember the warwol'es be in the same boat. They be not knowin' who they sink, unless they go after the person a second time. That means we have a known innocent, who can't 'ote, but can still cause trouble for the wol'es. If ye be killed, yer duty is not done, attempt t' ruffle th' wol'es fur as much as possible. Ha'ing a wolf kill ali'e an' talkin' th' next day will be 'ery useful, an' we should use that knowledge t' our ad'antage, aye.
Oh, aye, Boro. And what'll be even greater fun will be trying to sift between more 'n one gifted reveal - when it comes to such things. About as much fun as a cat o' nine tails, arr, and by which I mean none at all. It will right hard to guess which bucko be tellin' the truth without we be wastin' a day by killin' 'em a second time.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:02 PM   #59
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by the stinkin' powder monkey Eon
I think tha' th' biggest problem'll be findin' ou' who's an aggressor when tey're dead. Tey can still mess wi' ye then, even if tey can't kill ye.
Right so. But also, you'll see those innocents (ordinaries at least) killed be fading away from the thread sooner or later and those who are baddies hanging around persistently. Easy? But there is truth in that.

Also Boro speaks wisely. Those killed during the Nights are "known innocents", although they might be cobblers and thus listening to them would be hazardous... But anyway, I'd trust a person killed by Night a bit more than someone else just for the reason that person is not a wolf. With the reservations already mentioned.

And I would peg those Night-killed to take their time to share their thoguhts with us on the Days to come and not just fade away. You'd be helpful.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:04 PM   #60
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathy
D'ye reckon I be frightened? I be no dog, I be th' famous Lil' Green the Staggerin' Drunk, an' ye deserve t' be called Gwathy just fer callin' me dog!

I be uneasy 'bout that ol' Shark Tooth - he seems to be fishin' fer an easy lynch of a potentially dangerous sailor. I be goin' to me bunk soon, an' will snore o'er th' decision time. I ain't sure o' who t' vote, but it'll probably be fer ol' Shasty fer th' thingy I just mentioned - unless there'll be a better un emergin' in a minute.

EDIT: x-ed wi' Noggy
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."

Last edited by A Little Green; 06-14-2009 at 06:06 PM. Reason: got mix'd up wi' quote and bold
Old 06-14-2009, 06:30 PM   #61
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Crap - I'd have hoped t' find a few opinions afore handin' o'er me vote, but no can do. I be goin' t' sleep away me drunkenness now. G'night! *hiccups*

++ Shark Tooth Shasty
Old 06-14-2009, 06:45 PM   #62
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
T' clear things up - I was just pullin' Mac's leg there, an' that's a fact. The second sentence just called the lot o' us wannabe pirates slingin' strange talk around each other's ears, and the third said some Likedealer cap'n would be a tellin' us all whar to go, ef he war livin'. Now,that them be fightin' words, but it ain't a confession.

Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:51 PM   #63
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'm finally back here but I should be in bed already, so don't expect much from me!

Quote:
Aye, if yer infected daughter be har she would say "Pirate Boro's 'ote won't stick."
I would, aye, but I'd also say tha' I dun like it.

Mates, by th' way, ye should be invisible. *coughNogrodcough*

Kath's makin almost suspiciously lot o' sense. But I like that.

I have absolutely no idea who t' vote. *shrugs* Mehbe I'll make a lit o' sorts.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:02 PM   #64
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
-Legless Sally Dawkins ~ Carpenter
Seems like her normal self, I got an innocent gut-feel.

-Puffy Shirt Rikae ~ Cabin Boy
Jokin' a bit weirdly bu that ain't proof o' anythin.

-Pirate Lommy the Infected ~ Quartermaster
That's me.

-Gangrenous Inziladun Jones ~ Pilot
Sorta slippin under me radar, but he does kinda make sense, so I mehbe like 'im.

-Pirate Boromir the Malformed ~ Gunner
Does not give me any vibes yet. Means I gotta wait a Day or two to judge better.

-Stutterin’ Wilwa Scab ~ Cook
No posts, no rum, no nuthin.

-Shark Tooth Shasta ~ First mate

Looks like his normal self however he could be just hidin behind th' easy tactics of accusin Boro like he always does.

-High-Pitched Annu ~ Surgeon
Givin 'er the newbie benefit o' doubt fer toDay.

-Whinin’ Eomer Bonny ~ Musician (Pur-loined Violin)
Has not made me suspicious yet ergo I'm confused.

-Snifflin’ Mac Sparrow ~ Cooper
Weirdly silent and unconstructive, I says.

-Almost-Blind Nerwen ~ Navigator/Sea Artist
A funny 'un, no doubt.

-Lil' Green the Staggering Drunk ~ Powder Monkey
Could we lynch 'her just be'cos she never gets lynch'd on Day1?

-Poop Deck Kath ~ Musician (Pipe)
She's okay, she makes sense.

-Cowerin' Gwath Slasher ~ Powder Monkey
Not much substance, yarr.

-Pirate Nogrod the Fashionably Late ~ Gunner
Sorta abnormally banterish, me thinks.

-Slippery McCabbie Dagger ~ Boatswain
Slippery indeed.

-Dancin' Mira Blythe ~ Striker
Didn't give much o' an impression on me.

-Ham-Hands Izzy ~ Striker
Hasn't posted, eh?

-Short Ruth Mithril ~ Cook
Kinda silent and refrained. Weird.

-Stinkin' Eön Bloodbeard ~ Powder Monkey

Seems ok enuff.

Hmmm I'll be thinkin fer a while n then I'll be votin - dunno who, but possibly someun whose contributions dun exactly impress me. Me suspicions are ridiculously vague, after all. We'll see.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:02 PM   #65
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

By the way... things being as they are - and the baddies having such an advance with us not being able to deduce anything from the lynches - the baddies would probably like to help lynching the vocal and generally trusted people (those you would trust to actually help you if you had an idea s/he is an innocent) in this one and to make the Night-kills on those who are not too active or would not make a big difference in helping you out (just follow others' ideas) etc.

Now why? Because we can trust somewhat those who are killed by Night but we can't trust those lynched by Day as we have no clue of their alignment.

So let's not aid them baddies...

Good to see you Rikae coming clear with that one! I understood the land-rats and peppersacks from the beginning and then thought you were actually translating it (we - me, Greenie and Lommy - were reading the thread in a hurry) - and as Kath made a note about understanding a lot and referring to your translation, I just thought it was about correct and made the comment on Mac making a revelation. Now I see it wasn't - and looking more closely to it even I can understand it wasn't.

But what is interesting to me is Boro's happiness to stick to that as I think I said Mac wouldn't do that kind of thing as he would know many of us (many of us - not including me that is) could understand German and therefore it looked cobblerish as most to me...
Old 06-14-2009, 07:13 PM   #66
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

++McCaber

I dun like it tha' someun has had a chance to post bu' has only posted banter. Grant'd, tha' goes for a good lot o' people - like Mira, Sally n Shasta - bu' I feel the best voting good ol' Cabbie. Cos you know, Sally gives an innocent feel after all, I dun want t' vote Mira on Day1 again (I think I did it quite recently) n I'm too much o' a coward to enjoy th' sorta a responsible position that'd come wi' castin another vote fer Shasta as me vote is after all a lot o' a shot in th' dark. I hope ye mateseys can make more sense o' this mess in these last hours befer th' nightfall. Me's comfortable wi' a silly safe vote like this - n sorry to make un as I be disaprovin o' those in general, bu' there's really precious lil' t' go on - n goes directly to me bunk. Good night!
Old 06-14-2009, 07:21 PM   #67
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Arr! What's all that talkin' 'bout me confessin' about? I be no confessin' nothin'. I be complainin' about ye scallywags!

Rikae be joking, of course, 'n while Nerwen be pickin' it up suspiciously, she don't do nothin' with it, so I'll let her get away. The suspicious one be Nogrod, who makes up a barrel o' nonsense and calls me the joker in th' game. Then he puts me into one boat with th' cobblers. Jumpin' on some vaguely floatin' suspicion and tryin' to start a band... arr... ship? of people pickin' up th' suspicion without thought and then givin' convenient votes.
Just 'cause Rikae cleared things up now doesn't make Nog's behavyurr less suspicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
c'mon, I don't understand German!
Yet quick ye are to draw conclusions. Yer daughter speaks no more German than ye, yet she has more sense behind her eye-patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
some Likedealer cap'n
Arrrr!! Get yeself some Wikipedia, ye scurvy dog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Just one more pointey fer ye t' consider - what abou' th' dead who do tell tales?
Dead gifteds who will share their knowledge with us. Dead cobblers who will try to pretend just that. Dead mutineers who will continue to help their mates by influencing the living. Dead ordinary pirates who will be lost. The living tryin' to read some sense into the mess. Hope we won't be forced to lynch somebody twice to get some knowledge at some time.

Ther's a whole lotta freebooters on th' ship tha won' say nothin' but pirate squabblin'. Mac Sparrow dusn' like that. How yer gonna get some decent plunder with such seafolk?
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:40 PM   #68
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post

Kath's makin almost suspiciously lot o' sense. But I like that.
Avast - come about now, what do ye mean by that?
Old 06-14-2009, 07:43 PM   #69
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snifflin' Mac
Hope we won't be forced to lynch somebody twice to get some knowledge at some time.
I have a feelin' (in me wooden leg) that tha's gonna be exactly what we'll have to do, if we wanna get out o' this alive. I'm just hopin' that we do it once, at the right time, an' make it count.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:46 PM   #70
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
I be present....readin quick, then will cast me vote....arghh
Old 06-14-2009, 07:46 PM   #71
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
But what is interesting to me is Boro's happiness to stick to that as I think I said Mac wouldn't do that kind of thing as he would know many of us (many of us - not including me that is) could understand German and therefore it looked cobblerish as most to me...~Nogrod
Ye be the one who called it a confession, not me. An' 'onestly what do ye expect t' be saying at 40 posts into this curse, no one war sayin' nothing, e'eryone be clammed up. 'Tis be why me feel good about Eomer and Rikae, least they be tryin' to give this ship a kick start. Fo' good or ill, me yet can not tell, but they aint actin' like they being dragged through tar.

Whar is the fire, Nogrod? Whar is the passion in yer belly? I look toward mates like ye, an' tp, an' Agan, an' Mith, t' get me rarin' fer battle, an' so far ye haven't deli'ered. O' course, some o' those matees war only on last 'oyages, but I see a lot o' fightin' from ye Nogrod, an' not a lot o' whippin' th' silents into shape. Ye say ye suspect the wol'es will want to lynch the vocal, but don't proceed to suspect anyone who is not talkin' an' say I be stickin to yer comments a'out Mac. I see I only mentioned it once, and it war a long time ago, at a point o' th' day war thar was a lot of dreg talk.

Edit: Thar be some cross-postin' about time
Old 06-14-2009, 07:50 PM   #72
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Hope we won't be forced to lynch somebody twice to get some knowledge at some time.
Dependin' on how the wind be settin' and dependin' on the knowledge at stake, that thar second lynch might be worthwhile. Dependin', mind ye.

EDIT: Cross with Rikae, Wilwa, and Boro
Old 06-14-2009, 07:55 PM   #73
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

k, attempted a quick skim through cause my eyes won't stay open and I can barely understand anyone....so, my vote's random, completely, I have no suspicion for anyone as of yet:

++ Greenie

Day 2 participation will be far better.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:55 PM   #74
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
I have a feelin' (in me wooden leg) that tha's gonna be exactly what we'll have to do, if we wanna get out o' this alive. I'm just hopin' that we do it once, at the right time, an' make it count.~Rikae
We ha'e an accord. Howe'er do we gun for a rat ob'iously makin' trouble, or someone who be a 'lil more sneaky about it? Cause we do not want to waste it on one o' the cobblers, an' me bet the cobblers would be lookin' to be sent t' Davey Jones' locker twice, if ye know what me mean.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:09 PM   #75
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro-gun
Whar is the fire, Nogrod? Whar is the passion in yer belly?
Lost. I've had time to look at this thread about a half an hour in total toDay (and all this nonsense - even if funny - doesn't help forming opinions) - and lately I have been writing Arda Soccer results - and now it's 5AM and I need to go to sleep. Sorry mates. Bad day for werewolfing.

But I need to vote as well... and give it some thought before doing it.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:10 PM   #76
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
We ha'e an accord. Howe'er do we gun for a rat ob'iously makin' trouble, or someone who be a 'lil more sneaky about it? Cause we do not want to waste it on one o' the cobblers, an' me bet the cobblers would be lookin' to be sent t' Davey Jones' locker twice, if ye know what me mean.
We best wait n' see. I be thinkin' it might help us if we have, fer instance, two ghosts claimin' t' be t' seer - or mebbe some other, unforeseen circumstances. At some point, if we're lucky, some solid information'll be all we need to catch us some mutineers.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:30 PM   #77
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I don't think we need to speculate on that Boro. Like Rikae said we'll see about that. It's interesting you're calling for debate but can only give us that?

Anyways. We need to leave Boro - among some others for the baddies to kill so we can trust them as ghosts or then wonder why they're still alive on Day4 or something... and then make them mutineers walk the plank if needs be.

So I will make my choice on these premises toDay. Someone says that's suitable for me... well be my guests. It will be maddening and pointless for many Days as we will learn nothing from anything that is done. The only minor opportunity is to listen to those who are killed by Night and thinking about why they were killed (as there is no voting trace to be read or anything like that), but even those can be them bloody cobblers - and the baddies will think it through as well...

I don't like to surrender without a fight but our future is gloomy at best with these settings. What way do we have to catch anyone unless they really make epic fails or we somehow get enough of them with luck in the first Days so that we'll have the advance in numbers in the longer run?

But we shall fight those vermins anyway, whatever the odds be! Arm the guns! And aim steadily!
Old 06-14-2009, 08:39 PM   #78
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Vote count:

Rikae -> Inziladun
Eomer -> Mirandir
Boro -> Nogrod
Kath -> Eonwe
Shasta -> Boro
Eonwe -> Rikae
Little Green -> Shasta
Lommy -> McCaber
Wilwa -> Little Green

Arrr! Are ye be foolin' me? One vote for each? Are we going to ensure that the mutineers get the most possible voting power?
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:50 PM   #79
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Arrr! Are ye be foolin' me? One vote for each? Are we going to ensure that the mutineers get the most possible voting power?
Exactly my words... but who's to throw the second stone? (Those votes in are the safest there are, remember that later)

Okay, I'll take a look back and vote in - hopefully - a half an hour (it's getting early already in here).

And where's everyone when decisions should be made?

Oh you cowards! I wouldn't sign anyone of you to my ship if I ever had one!
Old 06-14-2009, 09:10 PM   #80
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

More innocent than guilty:

Rikae - very Rikae-ish so far, hard to explain
Lommy - I usually have a good read on her, and so far I like what I see
Inziladun
Boro - same opinion on Nogrod as me, which doesn't mean much, but is enough to put him on this list for toDay
Eomer
Kath
Lil' Green
Eonwe

Clueless:

Sally
Wilwa
Annu
Nerwen
- I don't pretend anymore that I could ever get a clue about her
Gwath - he's contributing? On Day 1?
Mirandir