The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-18-2008, 01:45 PM   #841
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Ai! Ai!

I can't understand how it's possible, but I see I received the call already a few days ago, alas I wasn't here - but I didn't think it'll be so fast, there were still four people before me last Friday, and it seemed like it's going to take a while yet! But okay - I promise I will try to draw something tomorrow - so please just have patience with me.

P.S. And I think some people are really in the need of a therapy
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 07-18-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 05:37 AM   #842
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
P.S. And I think some people are really in the need of a therapy
I hope you included me into some people. I get easily envious of people called crazier than me.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:47 AM   #843
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo View Post
I hope you included me into some people. I get easily envious of people called crazier than me.
If included? My dear Volo, you are some people. You are all of them.

And I just sent my picture. Really can't wait to see the end of this... although I wonder if I should not take some medicine before looking at all that, just preventively.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 07-21-2008, 04:59 AM   #844
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Just three victims left! I can tell you, this game has taken a really weird road! When I wrote the first sentence I could never have imagined what horrors awaited us. Also, I'm now convinced that several Downers need some serious psychiatric help.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:17 PM   #845
Beregond
Playful Ghoul

Beregond is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I hope you don't mean I. I merely tried to draw that which was given me.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:48 PM   #846
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
Just three victims left! I can tell you, this game has taken a really weird road! When I wrote the first sentence I could never have imagined what horrors awaited us. Also, I'm now convinced that several Downers need some serious psychiatric help.
Am I one of those?

edit: ONLY 2 PEOPLE LEFT!

Last edited by Eönwë; 07-21-2008 at 01:53 PM.
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:53 PM   #847
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Only...
Oddwen (Draw)
A Little Green (write)
to go...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 03:19 PM   #848
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Only...
Oddwen (Draw)
A Little Green (write)
to go...
I feel quite sorry for these two... The game has mutated SO MUCH since they were last involved. I blame the government.
So, hopefully, some time this week the game will be done!
Old 07-22-2008, 01:44 PM   #849
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
This is definitely going to be fun(ny)!

And I am signing myself up for the next round- now with the summer holidays, I have more time and will be able to do my call (Writing or pics) faster.

edit: just a little [green] longer.

Last edited by Eönwë; 07-24-2008 at 01:50 PM.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:46 PM   #850
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up Guard your eyes! Part 1

We began with some inside information from the Istari!

“Much to the annoyance of the other Wizards, Gandalf had been right about the Celery.”

Lommy’s house was on a collision course with a local restaurant. Still, she found time to draw this:

Eönwë started writing in 1946 and only finished when we fired the pen into space…

In a clearing in a forest by the mountains, Gandalf proves that a Hobbit's brain can be pulled out of its head to three other wizards, who seem to be representing different types of tree, and in the end they grudgingly agree that Gandlaf was right

Aganzir made sure to take all of Picasso’s artistic skill, and then do the opposite…

Legate rushed from planet to planet in search of the perfect words. He obviously didn’t find them…

As nobody wanted to witness the first brain transplantation in the Shire, Doctor Gandalf created clone replications of himself to watch and enjoy the show.

Volo shot to fame… Then died… Then he was resurrected just to draw this:

Rune’s turn made sure that no one got out alive… Or something equally hilarious.

A flock of hobbits and a purple piglet watches indifferently as the wizards perform an unholy ceremony
Old 07-26-2008, 01:47 PM   #851
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Part 2

The Elf-warrior took time to relax and earn some money. We soon put a stop to that.

Beregond’s life was about to be stolen by gorillas. These were his last words…

Allatar succeeded in cloning mutant sheep-people. It was unsanctified, but neither they nor the sheep cared

Nogrod did his duty for king and country… But they weren’t his king or country

Oddwen exploded into action. Once we’d picked up all the pieces, this is all we could get out of her for several days…

Alatar pulls an Aule with some sheep, however the endeavor is not likely to be as accepted by Iluvatar.

A Little Green took things a tad literally…

Lommy’s endeavors lead to the government clamping down on giant Death robots.

Tilion doesn't approve of Count Dracula's plan of heaving the giant Azaghal away with the assistance of a rather sheepish flock of sheep
Old 07-26-2008, 01:47 PM   #852
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up Part 3

Eonwe sought high and low for the master key. Instead, he found only this picture…

Aganzir made the headlines… out of papier-mâché

Tilion rebukes Dracula who made sheep kidnap Azaghâl.

Rune found all of this deeply unnerving. After he saw a psychiatrist, he became a film star. Then he drew this…

Volo’s time was up… But he was buried in clocks…

"As the black metal band is chained to the lamb, Were-Feanor cries for his swearing friend on the light side of the Moon."

Legate’s artistic skills were illegal in five countries. Some of them are real.

The Elf-warrior took time to see the king of Mars. When he got out of the mental home, he told us;

A group of yellow faced rockers were manacled to a sheep while two downers looked on in bemusement on the dark side of the moon during the first moon landing and while Maedhros took the oath of Fëanor while Tilion yelled at him.

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 07-27-2008 at 07:59 AM.
Hookbill the Goomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 01:48 PM   #853
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up End

Beregond was banned from drawing anything every again because of this;

Nogrod took an oath never to do anything like this again;

"In a bit twisted world quite akin to our own, a steersman of the moon called "Tillion" masquarades as a goat and pulls the chariot of the Fëanor band - Maedhros plays the guitar-solo - heading for the root of all evil from where an "Appolo 11" mooncraft is coming towards the moon inhabited by the Phantom and the Alien."

Oddwen stole the greatest masterpiece of our time. Then burnt it and replaced it with this;

A Little Green did something unspeakable to finish off! (I did it! No stupid Little puns… DARN IT!)

The Moon, driven by a viking-style orc, is inhabited by Phantom, Alien who has turned into a plant and a pack of hippie-ish elves in a sidecar, and circled by Holy Gwaihir and a happy Gollum chasing the Ring.

Thus ended the telephone of paper! If it ever could come again, then we’d all be in for some serious trouble from the government!
Old 07-26-2008, 02:06 PM   #854
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Uh-Oh...

I knew this is crazy but somehow I just don't find the words for it right now...

Oh, now I got it...

Fun!!!
Old 07-26-2008, 02:21 PM   #855
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green

Hilarious again! I totally cracked up at Eonwe's pic. Great work people! You made my evening.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 08:33 PM   #856
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
From Celery to the Moon, you can't get much crazier than that.

Lommy's Aule pulling and Legate's swearing Feanor especially - oh my goodness.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 04:33 AM   #857
Volo

I'm especially amused by how there is a black metal band for every name Tolkien ever made up.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:42 AM   #858
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Haha! Hilarious, all of it Simply unspeakable...

But I must note that the dark side of the moon obviously did not escape certain connotations, I especially like the "slogan" on Beregond's pic

EDIT: And I just noticed the probably very nasty way Greenie's Ilúvatar feels about the course of events...

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 07-27-2008 at 10:07 AM.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:27 AM   #859
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

*dies of laughter, then comes back to life again, only to die of laughter again*

So, so funny.

It just shows that a simple misunderstood expression can change anything. *cough*Greenie*cough*
Alatar turns into Alatar who turns into Dracula who ends up pulling and Aule (who turns into Azaghal) rather than "pulling an Aule". Just how did it get so different?

Last edited by Eönwë; 07-28-2008 at 04:22 AM.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:10 PM   #860
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
That was absolutely hilarious, count me in on the next game!
Old 07-28-2008, 08:07 AM   #861
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

I thought this game turned out rather nicely!

Does anyone else want to mod? I can do it again if not, but I would like to offer it to some aspiring Wight...

All the same, who's up for another one?

So far...

Hookbill
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Eönwë
Four men to kill

Any more?

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 07-28-2008 at 04:08 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:24 AM   #862
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Me, sir. Please.

Pick me, pick me *jumps up and down madly, flailing arms*
Old 07-28-2008, 03:56 PM   #863
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Can you tell it's summer?

Sign me up--to play, not mod.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:25 PM   #864
Volo

I wouldn't mind modding, but I'll be away for a week in a week, but I guess that sacrifice could be made.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:57 AM   #865
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo View Post
I wouldn't mind modding, but I'll be away for a week in a week, but I guess that sacrifice could be made.
Hmm... If we have enough players to start by then you be able to send a sentence off to someone so they have a week to draw a masterpiece!

Preferably, it should be someone who can go the whole way through reletively easily. But Volo's at the top of the list, for now. Unless you want to team up with someone?
Old 07-31-2008, 12:23 AM   #866
Naz
Shade of Carn Dûm

Naz has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

xD This... was beyond priceless. "Heave, lads!" (And such fluffy sheep!)

Brilliant. I'd like to try, but i'd be worried about screwing it up.
Naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:55 AM   #867
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Oooh me too me too!! To play in the next one, I mean.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 02:14 AM   #868
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

It may be doubles again, by the way, so keep that in mind if you sign up.

Hookbill
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Eönwë
Four men to kill
Naz
A Little Green
Beregond
THE Ka
Oddwen
Nogrod

Volo, not sure how we'd do it if you're having a break, but I'm all for letting you mod. Got any ideas?

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 08-02-2008 at 03:07 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:31 AM   #869
Volo

Thumbs up

I think it'll be ok, sir o' Hook. If you would be so kind as continue gathering the player list, I'll send you the sentence before I leave and you start the game whenever you see it fit. Then just send the picture straight to the next player as well as me.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:14 PM   #870
Beregond
Playful Ghoul

Beregond is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Count me in for the next game. Writing preferred if it's a single.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:28 PM   #871
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
If there is room on the nearest list, I'd love to join. Writing or drawing I don't mind, I've missed the game a bit.

Thanks!

~ Hopeful Flygja
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:55 PM   #872
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I would also like to sign up if there is room. I'll take either role.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 12:45 PM   #873
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Just got back from vacation

A fair amount of good stuff and a good portion that just made my brain hurt. . .

Also that piglet got to look real scary (ElvenWarrior)

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 03:00 PM   #874
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I'm in as well - if I can have my turn after August the 10th as we will be away before that.

This is too insane for me not to take part in...
Old 08-03-2008, 07:35 PM   #875
Volo

Hookbill - draw
TheGreatElvenWarrior - write
Eönwë - draw
Four men to kill - write
Naz - draw
A Little Green - write
Beregond - draw
THE Ka - write
Nogrod - draw
Legate - write
Lommy - draw
Oddwen - write
Aganzir - draw

Hookbill - write
TheGreatElvenWarrior - draw
Eönwë - write
Four men to kill - draw
Naz - write
A Little Green - draw
Beregond - write
THE Ka - draw
Nogrod - write
Legate - draw
Lommy - write
Oddwen - draw
Aganzir - write

I'm starting now because I'm hungry. Somebody joins and is funny.

Last edited by Volo; 08-18-2008 at 09:55 AM.
Volo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:44 AM   #876
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Okay, I've sent the picture to TheGreatElvenWarrior and Volo. I told the former to send her sentence to both Volo and Eönwë so we can keep this train wreck a rolling!

Took me a while to think up a picture to go with Volo's sentence, but I hope the results aren't too weird... I'll be interested to see how much of it survives until the end.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:55 AM   #877
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Sent my sentence to Eonwe... finally. Hookbill's picture was... interesting.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:09 PM   #878
Volo

Ok, we're back! Thanks Sir Hook and Lady Great!
Old 08-12-2008, 06:12 AM   #879
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Funny.

Count me in.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:22 PM   #880
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Sorry! I was away from my computer until late today. Consider it done by the end of tomorrow.