The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-17-2004, 08:43 AM   #1
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
White Tree Glitch in the System

Over the past two days, I have been experiencing very weird things on the downs. After clicking on the Barrow-Downs sword logo link, it takes me to the main page. But, the main page is from 2-25-04. It's exactly like it was at approximately 5:24 AM, central time. Has anyone else seen of experienced this phenominom? It's like the barrow-downs made some sort of wrinkle in time....
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
The Perky Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 02:11 PM   #2
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Evisse the Blue has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Yahoo to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Skype™ to Evisse the Blue
That's certainly weird... I don't know about that, but the forum has been hell these days for me, very very slow in the downloading, (the rest of the net is working fine - well, relatively fine, my connection speed is never too great, just this site is giving me headaches. Anyone else having this problem? What's the reason for it?
Old 09-17-2004, 10:56 PM   #3
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

I'm not having problems getting around the site. Your guess is as good as mine.
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
Old 09-18-2004, 08:34 AM   #4
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
From the Site News page:
Quote:
25 Aug 04
Site has moved to a UNIX server. Some quizzes and madlibs are still under re-construction. Please report any errors or problems. Thanks!
May be coincidence, may not, but it is the same date you mentioned Perky. Or, perhaps your comp is not loading the new page since then and it loads an old version from your cache? Just a few guesses!

Cheers!
Lyta
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 09:44 AM   #5
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

It loads the new pages all the time, with the exception of those infrequent occurences. And maybe the server change did leave some glitches. Hmm...