The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-19-2004, 02:24 PM   #81
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
White Tree

That's good. Yes, my Avatar is new, and it dosen't move, but I like it. It's my (and Calvin's) impression of school! Anyways, yeah, the quiz will do stuff like that, but don't trust it.
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
The Perky Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 04:13 PM   #82
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

I'm reposting the field guide so new downsaholics will realize their problems sooner than later!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~

THE UN-OFFICIAL DOWNSAHOLIC FIELD GUIDE

Symptoms:
Worn out Tolkien Books, millions of page markers in books, spams

Problem: It appears that you are suffering from Bookiosis. Bookisos is a rare disease that occurs to serious posters on the Downs and newbies who post in the first Forum they see.

Cure: Unfortunatly, the only cure for Bookiosis so far will not cure you of being a downsaholic. The only known cure for Bookiosis is to either commit to Nov and New, Quiz Room, Middle Earth Mirth, or join an RPG.

Symptoms: Making fun of Newbies, constantly posting things without much though, bordom induced posting

Problem: You are suffering from Novia-et-Newia, a rare disease found in people who have been posting on the downs for a long time. Very rare, yet easily to cure.

Cure: There is one cure. Get a life. Stop tormenting yourself with the pointlessness. It will only make you more of an addict. Just get a life and move on.

Symptoms: Fried eyes, Broken movies and DVD's. Quoting Spasms.

Problem: Yep! It's a textbook case! You are suffering from Movioma. The actual word would be virus, not disease. It starts to consume you as you constantly post in the movies. Constantly checking the EE appendicies looking for comments.

Cure: A easy cury for Movioma is to watch other movies. A lot of other movies. Hopefully, the dranage effect should reduce your urge. If it doesn't, consider watching a really bad movie. It helps to clear your mind.

Symptoms: Obsessive posting, refreshing the forum every 2 seconds, pestering people about missed posts, constantly bumping threads, having ongoing conversations throughout a thread

Problem: Yes, you have it. The most fatal and popular disease currently spreading through the barrow downs faster then any other. You have Quiz Roomitis!

Cure: Sorry, there is no current cure for Quiz Roomitis. Just live the rest of you life to the fullest!

Symptoms: millions of page markers in books, constant search engines running for quotes, friends searching through multible books

Problem: You are Quotaphobic. Not as powerful as Quiz Room-itis, but still powerful.

Cure: If you get someone to hide your books, and let the threads go bye, it should cure the urge.

Symptoms: Knowing too much about the Sil, being too smart

Problem: You suffer from Silmariliapox

Cure: The cure for Silmariliapox is simply to stop being such a nerd. Just don't be a nerd. Ya nerd! God, you're such a nerd!

Symptoms: Forgotten homework assignments, spending all your time on the downs reading, spending weeks on a 5 paragraph post

Problem: You have RPGemia. It is common in a lot of downers and is not easy to cure, as you make a commitment by joining a RPG.

Cure: One cure for RPGemia is going on Hiatus. Taking a break. Saying you'll be out even though you won't. this cure wooks for some, but not others, as they will be caught posting in other forums but not the RPGs. Another harder cure is to balance your time, by placing convient saves and filling them in when you have time. Don't place a save when you know you can't fill it the next day. Also, make a chart of how many day's you have until they kick you out.

Symptoms: Being funny, having humor, having a good time.

Problems: There is nothing wrong with you. By posting in Middle Earth Mirth you prove you're not crazy.

Cure: posting in Middle Earth Mirth is the cure!

Symptoms: Excessive use of the "Who's Online?" page.

Problem: Someone has been abusing their power. You are suffering from Forum Stalkeritis, a drive-bye disease found during excessive posts.

Cure: The only way to prevent ForumStalkeritis from completely consuming you is repeating this everytime you feel the urge to click on the "Who's Online?" page: "I will not click here...I am not a stalker...I am a leader, not a follower." Repeat 10 times for the best results.

Symptoms: Primarily having long, sometimes massively off topic, almost entirely unreadable posts that are filled with stuff from LotR but are just too long and bizarre to even attempt reading. I myself have done this and, without offending anyone else, can honestly say I have seen posts like this from others (won't say who *whistles innocently*)

Problem: Hyperpostitis.

Cure: Probably a simple toning it down. Long, thought-out posts are always encouraged, but after you've written such an epic monstrousity, take moment to read it over and make sure it is comprehendable

Symptoms: You have become so attached to the Downs and its members that you are terrified of being shunned, even though the fact is unlikely, and thus never post anything controversial, interesting, argumentative, or even as far as your own views because you're afriad someone will disagree

Problem: Barrowostriphobia, a deep rooted fear of earning dislike from any member of the Downs in the form of 'cold-shoulder giving' or ostricism

Cure: Just take a deep breath, wait for the oppurtunity to rise, and post as any person would. Don't be afriad if you're wrong or if someone doesn't agree. Unless you do something really stupid, you're on the right track (if you have done something really stupid, be afraid...be very, very afraid)

Symptoms: An endless list of forum links in your favorites, a link to your own site, highlighted links clicked in other peoples links lists...

Problem: Forumitis

Cure: So far, no known cures, as I believe that I am one of the first noted cases. However, if you delete all the links, disconnect the internet, (Save to go on Barrow-downs...) and invest in a ton of books to mark out quotes, you may at least fall you one of the other noted sicknesses. Other then that, I can offer no hope to those who suffer forumitis.

Symptoms: Spasms, Constant checking of the "Who's Online", excessive use of the refresh button

Problem: You suffer who Stalkatoma. It is a occuring case in which you stalk other users. It causes no harm to you, but a little to your reputation.

Cure: Just tell yourself, "They should be stalking me!" twenty times then get a slow internet connection, forcing less use of the refresh button.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~

Remember! If you have any new Symptoms, Problems, Cures, or complaints, please post ASAP, because the life you save, could be mine
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
Old 07-24-2004, 10:35 PM   #83
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

I've got a new one! You can see it at the bottom of the list with a * next to it!

Symptoms:

Problem: It appears that you are suffering from Bookiosis. Bookisos is a rare disease that occurs to serious posters on the Downs and newbies who post in the first Forum they see.

Cure: Unfortunatly, the only cure for Bookiosis so far will not cure you of being a downsaholic. The only known cure for Bookiosis is to either commit to Nov and New, Quiz Room, Middle Earth Mirth, or join an RPG.

Symptoms: Making fun of Newbies, constantly posting things without much though, bordom induced posting

Problem: You are suffering from Novia-et-Newia, a rare disease found in people who have been posting on the downs for a long time. Very rare, yet easily to cure.

Cure: There is one cure. Get a life. Stop tormenting yourself with the pointlessness. It will only make you more of an addict. Just get a life and move on.

Problem: Yep! It's a textbook case! You are suffering from Movioma. The actual word would be virus, not disease. It starts to consume you as you constantly post in the movies. Constantly checking the EE appendicies looking for comments.

Cure: A easy cury for Movioma is to watch other movies. A lot of other movies. Hopefully, the dranage effect should reduce your urge. If it doesn't, consider watching a really bad movie. It helps to clear your mind.

Symptoms: Obsessive posting, refreshing the forum every 2 seconds, pestering people about missed posts, constantly bumping threads, having ongoing conversations throughout a thread

Problem: Yes, you have it. The most fatal and popular disease currently spreading through the barrow downs faster then any other. You have Quiz Roomitis!

Cure: Sorry, there is no current cure for Quiz Roomitis. Just live the rest of you life to the fullest!

Symptoms: millions of page markers in books, constant search engines running for quotes, friends searching through multible books

Problem: You are Quotaphobic. Not as powerful as Quiz Room-itis, but still powerful.

Cure: If you get someone to hide your books, and let the threads go bye, it should cure the urge.

Cure: The cure for Silmariliapox is simply to stop being such a nerd. Just don't be a nerd. Ya nerd! God, you're such a nerd!

Symptoms: Forgotten homework assignments, spending all your time on the downs reading, spending weeks on a 5 paragraph post

Problem: You have RPGemia. It is common in a lot of downers and is not easy to cure, as you make a commitment by joining a RPG.

Cure: One cure for RPGemia is going on Hiatus. Taking a break. Saying you'll be out even though you won't. this cure wooks for some, but not others, as they will be caught posting in other forums but not the RPGs. Another harder cure is to balance your time, by placing convient saves and filling them in when you have time. Don't place a save when you know you can't fill it the next day. Also, make a chart of how many day's you have until they kick you out.

Problems: There is nothing wrong with you. By posting in Middle Earth Mirth you prove you're not crazy.

Problem: Someone has been abusing their power. You are suffering from Forum Stalkeritis, a drive-bye disease found during excessive posts.

Cure: The only way to prevent ForumStalkeritis from completely consuming you is repeating this everytime you feel the urge to click on the "Who's Online?" page: "I will not click here...I am not a stalker...I am a leader, not a follower." Repeat 10 times for the best results.

Symptoms: Primarily having long, sometimes massively off topic, almost entirely unreadable posts that are filled with stuff from LotR but are just too long and bizarre to even attempt reading. I myself have done this and, without offending anyone else, can honestly say I have seen posts like this from others (won't say who *whistles innocently*)

Cure: Probably a simple toning it down. Long, thought-out posts are always encouraged, but after you've written such an epic monstrousity, take moment to read it over and make sure it is comprehendable

Symptoms: You have become so attached to the Downs and its members that you are terrified of being shunned, even though the fact is unlikely, and thus never post anything controversial, interesting, argumentative, or even as far as your own views because you're afriad someone will disagree

Problem: Barrowostriphobia, a deep rooted fear of earning dislike from any member of the Downs in the form of 'cold-shoulder giving' or ostricism

Cure: Just take a deep breath, wait for the oppurtunity to rise, and post as any person would. Don't be afriad if you're wrong or if someone doesn't agree. Unless you do something really stupid, you're on the right track (if you have done something really stupid, be afraid...be very, very afraid)

Symptoms: An endless list of forum links in your favorites, a link to your own site, highlighted links clicked in other peoples links lists...

Cure: So far, no known cures, as I believe that I am one of the first noted cases. However, if you delete all the links, disconnect the internet, (Save to go on Barrow-downs...) and invest in a ton of books to mark out quotes, you may at least fall you one of the other noted sicknesses. Other then that, I can offer no hope to those who suffer forumitis.

Symptoms: Spasms, Constant checking of the "Who's Online", excessive use of the refresh button

Problem: You suffer who Stalkatoma. It is a occuring case in which you stalk other users. It causes no harm to you, but a little to your reputation.

Cure: Just tell yourself, "They should be stalking me!" twenty times then get a slow internet connection, forcing less use of the refresh button.

******** Symptoms: posting so fast that you see the message that says: The Administrator has made it so you can only post every 30 seconds.

Problem: You suffer from postaplexy. Postaplexy happens when you type your posts to fast, or so short, that when you go to post your next, you click post before the 30 second wait period. This disease is found mostly in The Quiz Room.

Cure: A very simple cure. After you post, take a minute to read it over after posting, to check for errors. Then, take a deep breath, slowly clear your mind, and move on the the next thread!
Old 07-25-2004, 05:14 AM   #84
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Evisse the Blue has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Yahoo to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Skype™ to Evisse the Blue
I had that happened to me too a few times! I'd like to add that this thing also happens when you got more than one page opened on the Downs. For intance - you got a page opened on the Quotes forum, another checking the Quiz, the third looking at ME Mirth, and so you reply to one then switch to the other, etc. Or am I the only one who does that?...
Old 07-25-2004, 11:50 AM   #85
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

For Evisse the Blue's new problem, look to the stars...well, actually asterisk *

Symptoms:

Symptoms: posting so fast that you see the message that says: The Administrator has made it so you can only post every 30 seconds.

Problem: You suffer from postaplexy. Postaplexy happens when you type your posts to fast, or so short, that when you go to post your next, you click post before the 30 second wait period. This disease is found mostly in The Quiz Room.

Cure: A very simple cure. After you post, take a minute to read it over after posting, to check for errors. Then, take a deep breath, slowly clear your mind, and move on the the next thread!

******** Symptoms: Having several pages of the downs up at the same time

Problem: You suffer from compulsive thread syndrome. It happens when you are searching, reading, or posting in 2 or more forums at the same time. It is mostly found Middle Earth fun and games, as well as RPG's for those who are in the Shire, Rohan, and maybe even Gondor.

Cure: What's the rush? It won't be gone in a second, unless it's in Fun and Games, in which case, just say "so what" and move on!
Old 07-25-2004, 03:42 PM   #86
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Send a message via MSN to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Yahoo to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Skype™ to Evisse the Blue
Quote:
look to the stars..
LOL, as I read this the first time, I thought you meant something like 'check for the solution in the stars', like your astrological chart or daily horoscope. Anyway thanks for adding that.
Old 07-25-2004, 06:21 PM   #87
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Any time. I'm just a humble ent trying to making a living in this world we call life

- Perky
Old 07-25-2004, 08:28 PM   #88
ninlaith
Wight

ninlaith has just left Hobbiton.
Hi I'm ninlaith. I didn't start too long ago but .....it's too hard to say!!!! Oh....give me a moment...after a day without posting anything...<sniffle>....I start to feel a little BD withdraw and the next day I just can't stop posting!!! It's like I need it! My lifeforce feeds off it!!! It doesn't even matter where I post or even if my posts make sense anymore I just keep posting and posting and posting and I just can't seem to stop. I find myself in search of new threads to post in like a maniac. Please help me........
Old 07-30-2004, 10:06 AM   #89
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe

My name is Morsul I was addicted from the day I came here my average posts per day was about 17.5 then it happened my computer broke down and i couldnt go on for almost three weeks but I needed my fix i forced my mom to drive to the library at least once a week to support my habit with their computers now i have my computer back i'm hooked again sadly I can't quit i don't want to quit but i have to quit especially not that i'm a shad of carn dum

I am especially addicted to the quiz room I answer a question multiple times until i get the right answer and its pitiful really i wait there for hours searching the forums waiting for replies im on until 4 in the morning sometimes help me!!
Old 07-30-2004, 10:45 AM   #90
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

What a world we live it It's ok, you did the right thing! You sought help! That's taking the first step. Good. Learn from this thread, and you'll be cured...unless you have one of those viruses where the is no cure...but that's not the point! The point is, you're saving yourself!
Old 07-30-2004, 10:56 AM   #91
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
White Tree

Hi, my name is Azaelia. And I am definitely a Downsaholic, though I suffer from another problem that gets in my way: I have Barrowostriphobia, as listed in Perky's field guide. Which would explain why I have been here since Nov. 2002 and still have under 2oo posts...It's horrible. I know people like my posts when I post, but I'm so afraid that someone will decide I'm not a very good poster and make my rating in the green box thing go down... the horror!

Seriously, it's not quite so bad as that, but I do stop to think if I'm actually saying something important... and I'm definitely daunted by all the linguistic/entymological discussions... I am a big lover of languages, and I think I'm fairly good at them, but I'm just a high school student with 16 years of speaking English and only4 years of studying Spanish, with no other language experiance at all. I'm not a college professor who can fluently speak Old English and Norwegian, etc. It's easy to get lost, and easier to feel stupid. Therefore, I have Barrowstriphobia. Though that's not to say that I don't spend a lot of time here... I'm just quiet.

(What about the other ailments... the ones that don't hurt anyone, except your own sanity? What if you don't want to get help? hehehe)

PS: nice avatar, Perky Ent! I love Hobbes, he's just wonderful!

Edited to say... I think I've found another symptom of Barrowstriphobia... or perhaps another ailment entirely. I edit, and edit, and edit, and edit my posts... this one being a prime example-edited 3 times so far.

Last edited by Azaelia of Willowbottom; 07-30-2004 at 11:03 AM.
Azaelia of Willowbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 11:24 AM   #92
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Welcome Azaelia of Willowbottom! Don't worry, we won't judge you...now what could I say to make your rating to down to the red Just kidding. We don't do that here! Yeah, there needs to be something for editing and editing. I'll think up something and add it to the un-official field guide! And if it's not dangerous, feel free to keep the disease! It's your life

Ps. Yes, Hobbes is awesome!
Old 07-31-2004, 02:42 PM   #93
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

hehehehe, thanks, Perky Ent! I'm gradually working to get over my Barrowstriphobia! (Which is an ailment that I do *not* wish to keep!)
Old 07-31-2004, 02:47 PM   #94
InklingElf
Shade of Carn Dûm

InklingElf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to InklingElf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azaelia of Willowbottom
hehehehe, thanks, Perky Ent! I'm gradually working to get over my Barrowstriphobia! (Which is an ailment that I do *not* wish to keep!)
Welcome Azaelia! Wow your name has a cool ring to it Azzzzaaaallyaa lol I'm sure you'll fit right in the Downs

Perky Ent: I love Calvin and Hobbes and your avatar is absolutely cute!
InklingElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 10:47 PM   #95
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Everyone, I have just created a new quiz for Downsaholics! It tells you what level of a Downsaholic you are. It's much better than my previous one! Anyone who wishes to see if they are a downsaholic, go here!

For one of the questions, you'll need reference to the field guide, unless you've memorized it! So, in case you can't find it on the thread, you can find it here:********************************************* *******************

Symptoms:

Symptoms: posting so fast that you see the message that says: The Administrator has made it so you can only post every 30 seconds.

Symptoms: Having several pages of the downs up at the same time

Problem: You suffer from compulsive thread syndrome. It happens when you are searching, reading, or posting in 2 or more forums at the same time. It is mostly found Middle Earth fun and games, as well as RPG's for those who are in the Shire, Rohan, and maybe even Gondor.

Cure: What's the rush? It won't be gone in a second, unless it's in Fun and Games, in which case, just say "so what" and move on!
Old 08-05-2004, 01:36 AM   #96
Saraphim
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saraphim has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saraphim
The Eye

Well, yet another quiz to get the highest (or lowest, based on you point of view) score on.

I'm a True Downsaholic. I sort of expected it...

I have started to contemplate *gasp* owning an RPG. This is the most serious form of RPGmia, and is terribly vexing.
Saraphim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 06:08 AM   #97
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

Yep, I'm a Downsaholic. I'm a Mirthie though, so I don't come up as a true Downsaholic.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:12 AM   #98
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

cool new quiz, Perky! I too am a True Downsalholic according to it. . More than this, I think I reached new levels of obsession these days, as I'm typing this post with a single hand, the other being heavily bandaged. My worst problem at the moment is that I can't indulge in Bookiosis, and have to confine to shorter posts.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:43 AM   #99
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe

It says I'm a beginner Downsaholic I can't believe that yesterday I posted 20 times the day before tht 29 times and this is my tenth post today and I'm still looking for somewhere to post
Old 08-05-2004, 10:10 AM   #100
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Yeah. That's a sign that you've enter Downsaholic-hood.
Old 08-05-2004, 05:28 PM   #101
InklingElf
Shade of Carn Dûm

I got the same as Morsul -- beginner Downsaholic. Well I suppose my parents wouldn't like it if I was drunk anyway
Old 08-06-2004, 11:34 PM   #102
Pyroclastic
Haunting Spirit

Pyroclastic has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Oh No! I'm not a downsaholic! I've been gone for three months and have apparently been cured. Well you know what, sobriaty isn't all its cracked up to be! I'm back, I'm bad, I'm a barrows addict!

Flamingly, Pyro
Old 08-07-2004, 09:25 AM   #103
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Pyroclastic! You're back. It's been a while! Yeah, if you stay off that long, you'll have to start from scratch! Oh well. Work your way up, and welcome back!
Old 08-09-2004, 09:01 AM   #104
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Trully though I am perhaps ne of the biggest downsaholics on this site... just look at my post count then look at my join date it may not seem overwhelming but thats only because I was gone for like 4 weeks straight....

I only posted 8 times yesterday YAY improvement
Old 08-09-2004, 02:12 PM   #105
InklingElf
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark
Trully though I am perhaps ne of the biggest downsaholics on this site... just look at my post count then look at my join date it may not seem overwhelming but thats only because I was gone for like 4 weeks straight....

I only posted 8 times yesterday YAY improvement
You're right Morsul!I've been here since 2002 and I can't even get past 700 -- I'll be a Shade of Carn Dum for a looong time.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:52 PM   #106
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Yes, Morsul, keep up the good work. BTW, although lots of posts are fun, it's not always good. High post levels are great, as long as they aren't too nonsensical!
Old 08-09-2004, 09:15 PM   #107
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
My Perky, you do have alot of time on your hands?
Old 08-09-2004, 09:17 PM   #108
Gil-Galad

i also usually post alot...
Old 08-09-2004, 10:01 PM   #109
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

My addiction comes from two things friends unwilling to learn about LOTR and having too much time on my hands

I sometimes sit here from 1100 in the morning until 4 in the morning...( i do other things i just check on the site every 15 minutesd or so to see if anything interesting has happened
Old 08-09-2004, 10:06 PM   #110
Gil-Galad

You also have a serious case of echo...
Old 08-09-2004, 10:09 PM   #111
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

That happens to me quite often. My internet signal (I use an airport) often fades right after I click post, nothing happens, I click post again when the signal comes back, and I end up posting twice. However, I have no idea if that applies to you Morsul BTW, whatever happened to the "m"? Uncle Vernon is quite fine though

And as to answer Gil-Galad's question: Yes I do have a lot of time on my hands! It's summer! Who doesn't?
Old 08-09-2004, 10:12 PM   #112
Gil-Galad

about 4 min ago it was pretty slow
Old 08-10-2004, 08:55 AM   #113
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Indeed I was worried that would happen I hit post nothing happened then the internet kicked me off so I couldnt check to see if it posted that many times dont worry im about to delete the extra posts
Old 08-10-2004, 05:09 PM   #114
InklingElf
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perky Ent
That happens to me quite often. My internet signal (I use an airport) often fades right after I click post, nothing happens, I click post again when the signal comes back, and I end up posting twice. However, I have no idea if that applies to you Morsul BTW, whatever happened to the "m"? Uncle Vernon is quite fine though

And as to answer Gil-Galad's question: Yes I do have a lot of time on my hands! It's summer! Who doesn't?
An "airport" Perky? what's that?

:sigh: school starts at the end of this month -- but my brief stay at the Downs was sweet -- maybe i'll find time in-between classes.
Old 08-10-2004, 06:07 PM   #115
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Ah, to be young enough to have summer vacations again! I don't! But luckily I work online, and I can sometimes manage to keep a 'Downs screen up along with my regular work. (That's why I often look like I'm always on here when I'm really not). So, even though I haven't had a proper vacation in years, I can take little mini-vacations by minimizing the work screen and maximizing the Downs!

Cheers!
Lyta
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 06:35 PM   #116
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Lyta, it's the miracle of multi-tasking! I myself do it tons of times. I'm sure we all do!
Old 08-14-2004, 08:23 PM   #117
Pyroclastic
Haunting Spirit

Pyroclastic has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up Alas For The Threads Gone By...

Hey Lyta, you're an incurable case, aren't you? Well, school may be starting again, but that's what skipping class is for!
You know when you can tell you're a true Downsaholic? When you catch yourself reminiscing about the Threads Gone By. Does anybody remember the LOTR Road Trip? Or who's done the wave for Boromir The Disco King?
Old 08-14-2004, 09:48 PM   #118
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

*sigh* I'm not a Downsaholic. How could I be? I live in a computer-less dormitory inside the campus, so I only get to be online every weekend. But I try to sneak in Computer Science class! I spend every spare thought on the Downs...thinking about what's happening in this thread and that, wondering about my reps and how long I'll be a Shade. And I think I'll stay as one for a long time too, InklingElf.

*sniff*

So now, as I mourn, I'm counting the days until I graduate from high school and finally be freed from this prison. And starting June 2005, I'll be a full-fledged Downsaholic (I hope).
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 09:57 PM   #119
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

ah school willl return then i will only be able to post 10 times a day as opposed to 20
Old 08-14-2004, 10:35 PM   #120
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Because, of course, 10 is so little