The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-23-2002, 08:29 PM   #41
Pips
Haunting Spirit

Pips has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"If you give a mouse a cookie" I love that book, my class loves it too! love it so much, i had to get a new copy. Kindergardeners are so cute!
Pips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 02:52 PM   #42
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

Quote:
O.T. - Samwise, the perfect place for your new statue would be the garden! (Unless it's made out of something that melts when it rains or something. )
Oooh. Very nice thought, Birdland. It's only 9" tall, though, and I think it would get lost in the flowers. And, while I don't think Polystone melts, somebody might STEAL it!!! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] No, the place I have for it is in a space under a burl table my pastor gave me. The stand is of gnarled wood, and looks like it could be a tree in the Old Forest or someplace like that (yeah, I know, the company didn't have Bill then, but that was just my thought. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] )
Quote:
"That's all I know." stammered Sam, blushing. "I learned it from Mr. Bilbo when I was a lad. "
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 02:54 PM   #43
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Question

Kindergarteners, Pips? Are you a teacher?
Quote:
"There was a lot more," said Sam, "all about Mordor. I didn't learn that part, it gave me the shivers. "
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 03-25-2002, 05:31 PM   #44
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

I would RATHER go to Mirkwood for a dinner. And, to go along with it I'd rather be an Elf!!! My favorite character is Legolas, so I want him to teach me how to shoot...then how to shoot two arrows at once...then I'd fall in love with a handsome elf (maybe Legolas) and fall in love with him and bind myself to him forever. I would go on adventures with him, on my own, and with others, and live there forever and ever and ever...

Hold it...am I getting a little sidetracked from the question?
Old 03-25-2002, 05:33 PM   #45
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Going ALONG with the actual thread: I'd invite Bilbo Baggins over to listen to some of his stories. He was a very good story-teller.

Wait! Gandalf would be better: he could tell me about magic (if I got him really drunk), and see if I can do some...and he must tell AMAZING stories with all he has seen!
Old 03-25-2002, 05:36 PM   #46
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

AAAAAAAAH! The last one before this upgraded me to Haunting Spirit! YAY!!!!!!

*is so happy*

*runs around screaming/dancing/singing*

*stops and pants* this isn't proper behavior for an Elf-maiden is it? Oh well: but I'm so happy!!!!!
Old 03-26-2002, 01:23 PM   #47
Pips
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Samwise, yes and no, as part of getting my teaching degree, I got a internship as an afternoon kindergarden teacher. It was really a luck shot and I started two months ago here. We just started finger painting today so. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2002, 01:36 PM   #48
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

I would invite Frodo over & I would give him a hug! I've always wanted to hug a Hobbit!
OK, I am a big dork [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 05:48 PM   #49
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Hm. Well, if you are, Tigerlily, then so am I, 'cause I've always had this desire to hug Sam. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Quote:
"I don't know about that," said Sam. "But how would this suit? It ain't what I call proper poetry, if you understand me: just a bit of nonsense. But these old images here brought it to my mind."
Standing up, with his hands behind his back, as if he was at school, he began to sing to an old tune.
Old 03-26-2002, 05:51 PM   #50
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Per Pips:
Quote:
Samwise, yes and no, as part of getting my teaching degree, I got a internship as an afternoon kindergarden teacher. We just started finger painting today so.
Ah-- [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]. I am a preschool Teacher's Aide myself. We get to do LOTS of fun messy stuff!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2002, 07:09 PM   #51
Pips
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Yes! We made fignure paint flowers. It's a good thing we finally got the smocks in [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2002, 09:42 AM   #52
Tigerlily Took

Sting

I wonder if Legolas would teach me archery? When I was a kid at summer camp, archery was always my favorite, but I was horrible at it! (Still am!) Chances of me hitting any part of the target were slim. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Or I'd have a hobbit over. Any hobbit. Maybe Merry, because barely anyone is going to invite him over. Poor Merry is feeling neglected...
Old 03-28-2002, 05:16 PM   #53
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Quote:
Yes! We made fignure paint flowers. It's a good thing we finally got the smocks in
LOL, Pips! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Gotta love those smocks!!
(Samwise, who does a LOT of "messy play"...)
Quote:
"But I'm beginning to think it's time we got sight of that Fiery Mountain, and saw the end of the Road, so to speak. I thought at first this here Redhorn, or whatever its name is, might be it, till Gimli spoke his peice. "
~Sam Gamgee