The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2005, 04:33 PM   #1841
Nimrodel_9
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nimrodel_9 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Nimrodel_9
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Me
I poke badgers with spoons
Actually, I saw it on Dom's shirt once.

Quote:
- You walk around barefoot all the time, just because a Hobbit does
- You get jealous of anyone with pointed ears or large hairy feet
- You're considering naming you children after LOTRs characters...
Guilty of all three.

Quote:
Ok, and just now I was watching the show LOST on ABC, and Dom's character got punched, repeatedly. This time I yelled out "Where's SAM!?!?!" (Save A Merry Foundation - for preventing Hobbit abuse) This time I was alone so no crazy looks.
Squee! I thought something close to that when I saw poor Charlie being punched.

Obsessed? Of course not....
Old 02-02-2005, 07:04 PM   #1842
Lathriel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Wandering through Middle-Earth (Sadly in Alberta and not ME)
Lathriel has just left Hobbiton.
The Thread goes ever on and on
Down from the idea where it began...

Looks like there is no end to the obsession. In fact by the size of this thread it only seems to be growing!!!

For me the LOTR obsession has also increased, I now even have LOTR dreams and for me that's a sure sign of increased obsession
Old 02-03-2005, 01:13 AM   #1843
Assasin
Wight

Assasin has just left Hobbiton.
Question

Ever since I joined this forum, I've been more obsessed. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:20 AM   #1844
Atarah

Atarah has just left Hobbiton.
I know I'm obessed with LotR when I make my chibi anime drawings into LotR characters...

I've FINALLY got my posters from the london LotR exhibition last winter up on my wall. Now a can study the huge map and try renaming places with Middle Earthian names. I can also obsess over my Aragorn poster...
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 12:24 PM   #1845
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Being obsessed can be really helpful though. For example I was in THE most boring psychology lesson the other day so my friend and I tried to psychoanalyse all the members of the Fellowship.

Aragorn - a depressed guy who is not entirely certain of his heritage so turns his father into a godlike figure and tries to emulate him

Legolas - unsure of his sexuality and so cant decide whether to wear a dress or trousers

Merry and Pippin - twins separated at birth which explains the connection

Frodo - has an inherent weakness towards becoming a junkie

Thats as far as we got, maybe some more tomorrow if the lesson is boring again.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:34 PM   #1846
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hama Of The Riddermark has just left Hobbiton.
You know you're obsessed when:

When you're watching the film, you don't need to pause it to go to the toilet as you can mentally play back the bit you're missing in your head, and when you get back the film has reached the EXACT point you got to in your mind. (Guilty-I'm one of the most retentive people you'll ever meet).

You start doodling in a Spanish Literature lesson and after ten minutes of mindless drawing you end up with a god-damn perfect rendering of Anduril in the margin of your vocab test (Guilty).

You asked to study LotR for your AS Level english coursework, got turned down, and exclaimed "Fool of a teacher!" (Guilty).

Your idea of a good sunday is to sit and watch all three LotR films on the trot (Guilty).

You own more than one copy of each of the books, as you didn't have them at college and you didn't want to wait until the weekend to get them and start reading them again (Guilty).

You know more about LotR history than you do about WWII (Not Guilty, but I know one person who is).
Hama Of The Riddermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 03:05 PM   #1847
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
... when you're nearly driven mad out of being denied the chance to write about LotR.

On my English Regents exam, which I just took recently, there are four essays. Some here will not be familiar with what I am about to talk about so I shall explain. On one essay there is this thing called the "critical lens." This is a quote by some famous person, and you are supposed to agree or disagree with the quote and then support it using two books/short stories/plays you read at some point, and literary elements from them (setting, POV, theme, etc.). It's totally bogus. So the "critical lens" (ugh, I feel the need to make little quotation marks with my fingers whenever I say that ) was about how every great story is about a journey of some sort.

Now, I had asked my English teacher previously if the books had to be those we had read in school, and she told me yes. I was absolutely going out of my mind, torn between whether to disregard what she said and write a brilliant, ten page essay about LotR (because it's oh-so applicable), or be a good little student and write about something by Nathaniel Hawthorne that isn't nearly as interesting. In the end I begrudgingly wrote about things we read in school, but still... it's not as though LotR is some sort of obscure work or anything.

Curse you, New York State Regents board!
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 05:26 PM   #1848
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

Nathaniel Hawthorne?! Noooo! I'm sorry, I'm done. For my creatice writing class I'm so close to giving in and writing a LOTR fanfiction. All the stuff I've turned in so far has had LOTR mentioned at least once. I'm sure my teacher's already figured out I'm pretty obsessed with LOTR.

Encaitare~ Is that a Priscella: Queen of the Desert avatar you have there? I can't tell. If it is, excellent choice.
Old 02-05-2005, 02:43 PM   #1849
elronds_daughter
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elronds_daughter has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
Curse you, New York State Regents board!
A resounding "Hear, hear!" to that. On topic....

You know you're obsessed when you learn that you have to do a report about an author for school, and immediately decide on Tolkien, without considering any other options. (Are there any other options, really?) And when you find out that you also have to write a critical review of one of said author's works, you leap for joy at the excuse to read more Tolkien! (To this I must plead: Guilty as charged.)
Old 02-05-2005, 04:17 PM   #1850
Luinilwen
Pile O'Bones

Luinilwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luinilwen
Guess which british author my research paper is on?!
Also, we had to write a sonnet in class and I worked a LotR quote into it. I haven't learned tengwar yet, but my notebooks are filled with runes and my own alphabet.
Another sign of obsession:
When relatives ask you what you want for Birthday/ Christmas/ grauation, you just hand them a list of LotR stuff you already own.
Luinilwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 07:03 PM   #1851
Nimrodel_9
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thumbs up

You can't have a dream without Frodo or Aragorn or whoever popping out, no matter what is going on. I love dreams.

In English class you have to make a slide show about you. You immediately go to ninecompanions or another LotR site with lots of pics to insert on nearly every page.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:56 AM   #1852
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Yesterday afternoon I went to my car in a blizzard and had to fumble for my key in my coat pocket. I have a rather heavy silver One Ring on my thumb and it fell to the ground with a loud 'clunk' as I pulled the key from my pocket. So there I was, scrabbling about in the snow and swearing, and grumbling that I'd have to move the car in order to find my lost ring, when I thought I'd go around to the passenger side. There was my ring lying in the snow and I burst out laughing, wondering where film Boromir was. Oh dear...
Old 02-22-2005, 05:03 AM   #1853
narfforc
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

narfforc has been trapped in the Barrow!
When my bookcase collapsed under the strain of over 200 Tolkien and Tolkien related books, and I had to pay a carpenter to construct a specially re-enforced one for me. When he told me of a shop he knew that bought second hand books, I left the room quickly, before I grabbed Anduril and beheaded the heretic.
narfforc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 08:25 PM   #1854
Nimrodel_9
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thumbs up I just had to post this....

I was in a mall a couple days ago when I stumbled upon a book store that I had been in only once, for I had only been to this mall twice before. I remembered there was a Tolkien section and the last time I had been there I was going to buy some books but didn't have any money. I discovered The Book of Lost Tales 1 and 2, The Lost Road and Other Writings, UT, The Silmarillion, The Hobbit, and the LotR trilogy. I had not yet acquired the first four. Without thinking twice I pulled them off the shelves (there was only one of each) and went to the purchasing counter. The lady was smiling but she had the look in her eye that said, "You poor child, what did your parents do to you to make you so strange?" I triumphantly walked out of the store after raiding half the Tolkien section.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:04 PM   #1855
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Well done, Nimmy! Happy reading...
Old 04-26-2005, 08:35 PM   #1856
Iaurhirwen
Wight

Iaurhirwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Iaurhirwen
Narya A peek into my subconcious

I had this dream the other night, and just had to share it.

It begins with something happening, I'm not sure exactly what, I think it involved something breaking . . . anywhoo, something happened that cause Jay Leno, the host of the "Tonight Show" in the US if anyone doesn't know, to promise me anything I want.

I just happened to say that the thing I wanted most in the world was an autographed picture of Andy Serkis.

Suddenly I was transported back into my room, in the dream manner where everything seems normal. I started to clean my room (something equally strage and unnatural in itself) when a limo pulled up outside my house and Andy Serkis walked out.

I quickly ran down my steps and openned the door for him and his assisstant . . . don't know why there was an assistant but there was. Anywhoo, I tried to stay calm but after two seconds I started squealing like a Leggy-lover fan girl and ran and enveloped him in a suffocating hug.

I then preceeded to drag him up to my room to sign my big poster of Gollum (something that I do not have in real life, much to my dissappointment). He then signed it in a bright pink ink.

He then preceeded to take from his assisstant (who was extremely hansome for some reason also) a sheet of parchment portraying the ancient runes of England and France for his family name and the like . . . something I don't think really exist. I, being the history minded person that I am, was very intrigued and we settled down for a lesson in Ancient Runes.

We then went down to where my dad was, who became very interested in the Ancient Runes himself, which is really wierd because he has no interest in that type of thing (I am really the black sheep of the family ). Then, they start talking about Boy Scouts . . .

I then wake up thinking, that it couldn't have been a dream, everything was so real. I then check my poser of Gollum, left in the same place where it last was in the dream, and am disappointed to see no large pink signature.

If you will remember, I said that I don't own a poster of Gollum, which is true. This was just another part of my wierd of LOTR centered dream. I then woke up (for real this time) and was very disappointed in the fact that it all had been a dream. Why does my subconcious like to torment me so?
"Will somebody find my pants?" - "What do you do with a drunkin sailor?" - "You have a giant mole!!!!" - "Tom!! Get out of the Girls's dressing room!" "But she asked me to help find her pants!!" - - - opening night chaos
Iaurhirwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 09:01 PM   #1857
Nimrodel_9
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

1420!

Don't you hate double dreams?

I had a dream the other night that Merry and Pippin were at my house and my mom told me I could keep them. I was quite put out when I woke up.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:33 PM   #1858
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The end of the world as we know it. I feel fine, incidentally.
Maeggaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
You can't watch the new Star Wars movies without wondering why Saruman got a shave.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:21 PM   #1859
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeggaladiel
You can't watch the new Star Wars movies without wondering why Saruman got a shave.
Yet his fingernails remained unclipped...
Old 05-06-2005, 03:33 PM   #1860
Imrahil
Pile O'Bones

Imrahil has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree Your obsessed when...

You buy a Gondor flag
You buy Anduril
You buy Gondorian armor
You buy a horse
And then you ride around town shouting battle cries like "For Gondor!" and "To the King!" and "Stand Men of the West!"
Old 05-06-2005, 10:27 PM   #1861
Parmawen
Haunting Spirit

Parmawen has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eleanor_niphredil
How about when you parants call you by your elvish name? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
For Christmas my mom wrote "For Parmawen" on all my presents.

Oh yeah, and you know you're obsessed when:

the sight of your school's ratty, falling-apart, suspciously stained copy of LOTR brings you to tears. (Guilty...I was ranting to teh librarian for a week)

your mother asks you to kindly refrain from mentioning anything in Elvish or to do with Frodo at the dinner table because it's confusing your grandparents

Last edited by Parmawen; 05-06-2005 at 11:12 PM.
Parmawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 05:39 AM   #1862
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
You know you're obsessed when:

You suddenly realise that you cannot actually have a conversation without mentioning something LotR related at least three times

When you meet someone new your first question is - "So, are you a LotR fan?" and if they say no you find yourself wondering how best to initiate them into the world of Tolkien, and all this before even asking their name!

You become insanely jealous of the person who has brought in a ligthsaber because in your head you are imagining it is Anduril.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:53 PM   #1863
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Quote:
When you meet someone new your first question is - "So, are you a LotR fan?" and if they say no you find yourself wondering how best to initiate them into the world of Tolkien, and all this before even asking their name!
It's a great way to pick up guys!

Seriously, though; I met my (now ex-)boyfriend at a party because a mutual friend said, "Go talk to him. He likes the Lord of the Rings." So that was what we talked about for quite a while, and we went out for over a year. LotR is a successful matchmaking device! Hmmm... maybe that should be a new thread: LotR-sparked relationships, especially in light of Lal and davem!
Old 05-09-2005, 03:21 PM   #1864
Bywaters
Haunting Spirit

Location: Tengiz, Kazahstan for 6 wks, then home for 2 wks. Blimey
Bywaters has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Bywaters
1420! ...when you nearly get beaten up by a boxer!

My friend's Dad is a member of the Masons (or something like that) who had organised a charity amature boxing stag night at a local hotel. So me a nine other guys went along. All was going well, untill about 2am (at this point having drunk maybe one too many glasses of wine and beer) I got talking to one of the boxers. Me being me, I had to ask him if he liked LotR. He didn't and continued to slag it off, at which point I told him "something off" which he didn't take too kindly to! My memory is very hazy but I think I managed to talk him around from ripping my head off as I was none the worse come the morning. Or maybe it was the fact I had nine other blokes with me, either way, they had a laugh seeing me squirm!!
Old 05-18-2005, 01:24 PM   #1865
Iaurhirwen
Wight

Sting

Tomorrow is the day that I have been obsessiver over for an entire year. My drama group is going to a drama competition tomorrow in this great artsy town called New Hope in Pennsylvania, and they have a shop their that sells swords and other material of that type. They have almost all of the LOTR swords for sale there and tomorrow, since I am now 18 and am allowed, by law, to purchase a "weapon" I get to buy a sword. I was so upset that I couldn't get one last year because of my age that I've been obsessing on getting a sword.

The only problem is what to get? I'm not sure if my drama directors will appreciate a sword on the bus so I might have to conceal it, which means it would have to be smaller. But I so what a full size replica of Anduril. Argh!!!! I'll just have to be very crafty. And watch my money too, I hate being on a fixed budget, especially with college approaching next year.

Another thing, I was watching Shrek 2 the other day for the first time and I saw the scene with the ring. I started laughing hysterically and becomming all giddy because of the Blantant LOTR reference. I then closely watched the rest of the movie to catch even the smallest reference, even if they were "unintentional"

I can't wait to get my sword I've been researching different swords and how they could possibly look and drawing swords in the margins of my papers in class . . . . . . . . I'm so hyper over this!!!!!!!!
"Will somebody find my pants?" - "What do you do with a drunkin sailor?" - "You have a giant mole!!!!" - "Tom!! Get out of the Girls's dressing room!" "But she asked me to help find her pants!!" - - - opening night chaos
Old 06-16-2005, 08:40 PM   #1866
fillynicole

Tolkien You know you and your sibs are obsesses when...

1. When you are at visiting your grandmother at her lake, and your sister decided to row out on a boat, and once she goes out a bit, you leap into the lake, wave your arms frantically, and scream "FRODO!"

2. When she yells back "SAM!"

3. You constantaly scare the heck outta her by sneaking up behind her and saying "precious" in your best gollum voice.

4. Whe your gollum voice is so good, it scares people.

5. When you make up songs to tunes from movie, and sing them over and over and over and over.

6. When you haven't read any other books beside Tolkien for months.

7. Your sibling is the only one in the family with the one ring(hence, ONE ring)
and she is constantly on her guard from little people who 'sneak' around.

Not very good, I know, but I am guilty of all.

And I also write on my arms in runes, the parents keep telling me about different diseases I'll get from it
Old 06-16-2005, 09:27 PM   #1867
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

You know you're obsessed with LOTR when you're these people...

Old 06-17-2005, 01:17 PM   #1868
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Especially if you are all three similtaneously ..... Boromir, Galadriel and Samantha? OK I thought I knew LOTR well but I must admit I never noticed a Samantha? I'm sorry I haven't a clue on that one....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 08:54 PM   #1869
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

It sort of looks like one of the ladies titled on the credits as "Galadriel's Ladies..."

Old 06-25-2005, 01:07 PM   #1870
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Here's evidence of someone so obsessed that they named their pub in honour of Tolkien.

It amused me to see such signs as "Middle Earth Angling Club" and "Middle Earth Menu" hanging in the doorway - no mushroom dishes were on offer though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IM002033.JPG (21.5 KB, 414 views)
Old 06-26-2005, 02:12 PM   #1871
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I like that.. mainly becasue I think it is the only one inthe country I am not having to do licence applications for...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 03:28 PM   #1872
Nimrodel_9
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Quote:
And I also write on my arms in runes, the parents keep telling me about different diseases I'll get from it
Yeah, my mom says I'm going to get ink poisoning.

Right now we are renting a house while we build our other one. The people we are renting from want to sell it and we might have to live with my grandparents for a few months. Today I was sitting on the couch when someone knocked on the door. I peeked through the window and saw the person who wants to buy it. So, what did I do? I quietly whispered, "It's the Sackville Bagginses! They're after the house! They've never forgiven me for living here this long!"
Old 07-01-2005, 07:39 AM   #1873
Telchar of Nogrod

1420! Your obsessed when...

Here's some more ways to tell if you're obsessed with LOTR:

1. You show up to work before everyone else, grab a broom handle and run through the halls yelling, "Elendil! Elendil!"

2. You see a horse at a farm and yell, "His name is Brego! He was my cousin's horse!"

3. You think Haldir is hot! (And for a guy, that's a bad thing!)

4. Your brother has bought every sword from LOTR. (His favorite is Glamdring)

5. Your dog's name is Nazgul.

6. People ask where you're going on vacation this year and you tell them, "The Forests of Ithilian."

7. Your girlfriend said you watch LOTR all of the time and don't spend enough time with her. "It's either me or those movies," she said. I don't miss her that much.

8. You have dreams of buying a complete Aragorn outfit and running off to the wild to live as a Ranger.

9. You wish Peter Jackson would hurry up and make The Hobbit!!!!!!
Old 07-20-2005, 05:26 PM   #1874
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
You enter a contest to imitate a rather famous American polititian (on the radio, no less!), and just happen to win the contest because of the LotR references you put into the imitation. Seriously, the host of the show said she picked me as the winner solely because of the "nerd reference" I put in. (She said she meant "nerd" with love, though. ) I did get a nice prize -- tickets to a Milwaukee Brewers' Game (with very good seats, too!)

I'm purposely not saying who the polititian I imitated is or what party they're associated with in order to avoid a possible large and very OT political argument on this thread. If you want to know who I imitated and the manner in which the LotR reference was inserted, you're welcome to PM me.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:32 PM   #1875
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
*daunted by the number of pages and posts, she prays that this has not been uttered*

You are reminded of and voice the exact same LotR line at the exact same time as your boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 06:55 PM   #1876
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

You pass a Hollywood Video store, and some of the neon letters of "Video" are out, leaving "eo". You read the sign in your head as "Hollywood Horse".

Guilty.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:53 PM   #1877
Nimrodel_9
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thumbs up

My brother, who works at Subway, came home last night and shared his sandwich with me. I was sure to point out later that he had crumbs on his jacketses, even though it was really a shirt.

We listen to a radio station at work that... um... advertises itself, I guess, and often uses movie lines. I always squeal with joy when I hear Gollum say: MY PRECIOUS! or You don't have any friends! Nobody likes you! Or when we are cutting potatoes to make fries I always exclaim: Taters! Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew! I think my fellow employees hate me.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:43 PM   #1878
Iaurhirwen
Wight

Silmaril

I was seeing a really corny show with my drama club called Starmites. At one point during the show, a figure in a hooded cloak with an eery voice appeared on stage. I said to the person next to me, "Its a Nazgul." I was actually quite scared, because in my mind it was a Nazgul. I had a bit of trouble calming down after that.

Also in that show was a gangly creature. When it first appeared on stage, my friend and I immediatly said to each other: "It's Gollum!" I love New Hope with the drama club.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:38 AM   #1879
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimturiel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Dimturiel Send a message via Yahoo to Dimturiel
I think that I can give you a perfect example of the things a person obsessed with LOTR might do. I had my birthday last week and I had a small party. And when my mother brought the cake I prevented my friends from singing "Happy birthday" and put Aragorn's corronation song instead. My friends had an exasperated look on their faces and I am sure they thought: "Oh, here she goes again, the freak." Well, I do love showing people proofs of my obsession. I am proud of it!
Old 09-05-2005, 07:30 AM   #1880
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Well since Nilp went to the trouble of finding this for me I guess I'd better post on it!

You know you are obsessed with LotR when you go to a foreign country and you visit a set of caves and instead of seeing the various images of the Virgin Mary or some kind of animal you see cities and people from LotR. There was this one rock formation that really gave me the creeps because it looked like a hunched over little man, and I immediately thought of the guy that warned people away from the Paths of the Dead (sorry no books so the names have escaped me).