The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2004, 05:05 PM   #481
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
looks down..well I changed yesterday for work but before that I had 8 days off where I didnt change so yeah...
--Morsul

::shrugs:: No big, lol. I've been wearing the same pants for two days; I'm sure I've worn them earlier this week, and I'll probably wear them tomorrow too... they're so comfortable!

I haven't been here that long, but anyone want to take a guess about me?
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 05:08 PM   #482
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
At first you seem gothlike Grima and see boromir die and such...but looking closer you come to me as so, Blonde hair in a ponytail Green Contacts sort of trendy clothes Express, limited, and such, but also owning a lot of "geek clothes" like the lotr shirts and costumes
Old 08-14-2004, 05:31 PM   #483
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Wow... thats creepily close. Are you a stalker??

You got the blonde part right, although I don't like how I look with a ponytail. It's either pigtails, elfy braids, or just down and straight. I do have green eyes and I wear contact lenses (although I was too lazy to put em in today!). I'm actually not into Express or the Limited or anything; I'm more of a Hot Topic/Wet Seal/Kohl's sorta chick. I guess you could say I'm sort of gothish, it really depends on how I'm feeling each day. And I adore my geek clothes! (As I tell my painfully preppy sister, I have fashion sense, I just choose not to use it )
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 05:34 PM   #484
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encaitare
Wow... thats creepily close. Are you a stalker??
the black M knows all
Old 08-16-2004, 08:57 PM   #485
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Question Different obessions...

Quote:
You got the blonde part right, although I don't like how I look with a ponytail.
Quote:
I guess you could say I'm sort of gothish, it really depends on how I'm feeling each day. And I adore my geek clothes! (As I tell my painfully preppy sister, I have fashion sense, I just choose not to use it )
ARE YOU MY CLONE!? Just kidding. Though I don't have green eyes...and I dyed my hair two days ago. (And I'm not telling what color it is...yet.) Though our style and siblings sound a lot alike. Of course, my "youngest sister" is a jock and a prep at the same time. She clames to be a tomboy while she's lots of hours and money on beauty products.
Old 08-17-2004, 06:48 AM   #486
elronds_daughter
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elronds_daughter has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
I dyed my hair two days ago. (And I'm not telling what color it is...yet.)
Let me guess.........

HOT PINK!
Old 08-17-2004, 12:23 PM   #487
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

From Sirithheruwen:
Quote:
Saphire_Flame: Short, shoulder-length curly brown hair, laughs a lot, perky, outgoing, blues eyes, female.
Perky? o.O I've been described as insane, weird, hyper, scary, and as having had too much sugar, but never as perky. You got the laughs a lot bit right. I am a girl. Yes to curly hair, but it's not shoulder length, and is only kind of brown. I don't know your definition of short, so I can't comment on that. I'm not really outgoing, actually... So I guess you're about half right! ^ ^

From Meela:
Quote:
Sapphire_Flame: of medium height with flame-red, longish hair. Bright eyes, clear skin, rather a mystical look, like a spirit or an ancient goddess of war.
*hugs Meela* I'm so flattered you think that's what I look like!

Okay, my turn to guess...

dancing spawn of ungoliant I see as having short, dark hair that's maybe a little wavy. She's about 5' 5", and has dark eyes (not sure what colour, but a darker shade of whatever colour they are!).

Morgul Queen, affectionately known as Morgy to her friends, appears in my mind as being Maori. She's about 5' 7" and generally has an e-vile glint in her eyes. She likes playing rugby. And when she's at the computer she sits cross-legged with her knees on the computer table.

the phantom always reminds me of a friend of mine: about 5' 11", dark hair, dark eyes, something of a theatre geek, and always wears black.

Abedithon le,

~ Saphy ~
Old 08-17-2004, 12:30 PM   #488
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

the phantom dresses in goth clothes or my name isnt Andrew Edward Ma........
hes tall taller than me about 6'3 skinny black hair slick back like Malfoy's from HP and has his eyebrow pierced hes a very creepy fellow in my mind
Old 08-17-2004, 07:08 PM   #489
Sirithheruwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sirithheruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
I don't know your definition of short, so I can't comment on that.
About 5'. (Sorry if I'm completely wrong!)

And I agree with you about the eyebrow piercing on the phantom, Morsul.
Old 08-17-2004, 07:26 PM   #490
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Ye know, ye're right...Phantom definately has an eyebrow piercing...Don't know why I didn't think of it...
Old 08-17-2004, 07:30 PM   #491
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Silmaril

I disagree entirely about the phantom. No eyebrow piercings (no piercings at all, in fact), no black hair, no exceptionally tallness. The phantom is about 5'8", has tawny brown hair, and grey eyes that scare the bejeezus out of most people (if only for the unusual coloring). His hair is somewhat like mine (not that I mean to compare you to a girl, but eh...): on the short side, but for a guy, I guess is would be considered longish. Rather floppy and laid back looking (the hair). However, to hide his not-so-terrifying appearance, the phantom owns a long black cloak and a very operatic white mask.

Fea
Old 08-17-2004, 08:13 PM   #492
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
All the colors of the rainbow

Quote:
Let me guess......... HOT PINK!
I wish, but no. Though sometimes it kinda seems that way in the sun.

Okay, I guess I should guess (PUN!) somebody since I haven't in a while....
Saphire_Flame: I agree with Meela. I imagine you with bright redish/ orangish hair. Freckily skin and wears blue. (Don't ask me why, probably the name.)
Old 08-17-2004, 11:05 PM   #493
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White Tree <==The Lofty Tree of Gondor

Quote:
Saphire_Flame: I agree with Meela. I imagine you with bright redish/ orangish hair. Freckily skin and wears blue. (Don't ask me why, probably the name.)
*grins* If blue jeans would count as wearing blue, then you got that one. No freckles. Hair is not bright red or orange.

Quote:
About 5'.
Taller. ^ ^

I'm not going to give away a whole lot. Sorry. I love hearing what my typing makes me look like. (Does that make any sense?)

Abedithon le,

~ Saphy ~

*PS* - *points at name* It's Sapphire_Flame. There are two p's in the word sapphire. Sorry, but that really bugs me sometimes. ^ ^;;;
Old 08-18-2004, 12:38 PM   #494
Sirithheruwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Taller.
5' 1/4"? Sorry, I'm not about to give up my image of you yet!
Old 08-18-2004, 01:57 PM   #495
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White Tree

I won't make you give up your image, but, for the sake of accuracy, I'll give the truth: I'm 5' 8".

Okay, I'll guess again.

Sirithheruwen, I really do picture you looking like your avvie. You're about... 5' 6". And you laugh a lot.

Abedithon le,

~ Saphy ~
Old 08-18-2004, 02:00 PM   #496
Sirithheruwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Sirithheruwen, I really do picture you looking like your avvie. You're about... 5' 6". And you laugh a lot.
Unfortunately, I look nothing like my avvie. I do laugh a lot, though...overly much, some say. The scary thing is, I am exactly 5'6".
Old 08-18-2004, 02:45 PM   #497
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White Tree

Quote:
The scary thing is, I am exactly 5'6".
Whoa. Creepy; I must be psychic or something. *Twilight Zone music plays*

Abedithon le,

~ Saphy ~
Old 08-22-2004, 02:06 AM   #498
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

*creeps in*

I just feel like describing...

Sapphire_Flame: Blonde hair, blue eyes (like sapphire ), rarely seen without a book in hand.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 04:39 PM   #499
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Boots Too lazy to title it...

Lhunardawen: Partly because of your name, partly cause of the avatar:
Sandy brown hair, straight, likes "peasant skirts" and sandals. I guess you could possibly have contacts or glasses.
Old 08-22-2004, 06:53 PM   #500
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
strange, when ever i think of Morai, i picture him/her as a small fellow with dark features...
Old 08-23-2004, 12:21 AM   #501
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Well, well... I go on vacation for a few days and everybody starts talking about how they imagine me. I hope that means I was missed.
Quote:
the phantom always reminds me of a friend of mine: about 5' 11", dark hair, dark eyes, something of a theatre geek, and always wears black
Quote:
the phantom dresses in goth clothes or my name isnt Andrew Edward Ma........
hes tall taller than me about 6'3 skinny black hair slick back like Malfoy's from HP and has his eyebrow pierced hes a very creepy fellow in my mind
Quote:
Ye know, ye're right...Phantom definately has an eyebrow piercing...Don't know why I didn't think of it...
I suppose if I was someone else and saw someone named "the phantom" I would probably think he looked like what you guys are describing. So I guess I should've picked a different name cause your mental pics of me are as inaccurate as a Nebraska weather forecast.

I often wear black t-shirts, sweaters, and dress shirts but that's where the similarities between your version of me and the real me end.

6'3" or 5'11"? Sure, when I'm on the step up from you.

Dark hair? Well, during the winter in bad lighting it's almost dark enough to be called light brown.

Piercings and goth? Hee hee, not even. My grandma would go goth and get piercings before I would.

Creepy? I really do try to be, but I'm such a sweetie that they just give me a hug and go "Awww, he's trying to be creepy, isn't that cute?"
Quote:
I guess is would be considered longish. Rather floppy and laid back looking (the hair)
That's funny. I've recently grown my hair out a bit longer and put it back kind of loose and floppy. Overall a decent description Fea. You didn't cheat and look at my picture on Alka's site, did you?
Quote:
owns a long black cloak and a very operatic white mask
I've still got the cloak but on my trip this really loud girl named Christine stole my mask! And that after I sang such beautiful music for her!
Old 08-23-2004, 12:30 AM   #502
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

well put a bow in my hair and call me Sally, I was way off! sorry phantom revamping your image to...well I needd a day or two to come up with one but you'll be there
Old 08-23-2004, 08:38 AM   #503
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Silmaril

Quote:
Overall a decent description Fea. You didn't cheat and look at my picture on Alka's site, did you?
No cheating for me. My image was my own. I honestly can't remember any of the pictures on Alka's site, except burrahobbit's. And even still, I don't picture him like that. He's about 60, but a very active 60, and could beat the tar out of any of us. Scrappy ol' feller. He's the type of guy who yells at those confounded kids who sneak into his yard. But his berations are in the form of very short and slightly terrifying phrases.

Fea
Old 08-23-2004, 09:20 AM   #504
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Question When it hurts....

Quote:
strange, when ever i think of Morai, i picture him/her as a small fellow with dark features...
Ouch, in case you'd like to know, I am a "her." (You'er forgiven.) Compared to a lot of guys I know, I am kinda "small." But, alas, I have no dark features, except my personality and a few other things.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:50 AM   #505
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

I like to imagine every one looks more or less like their avatars. Unless they have a landscape or something instead of a person, in which case I imagine them to be like Barrow Wights of different shades and sizes... Then again there is the infamous Gil-Gallad, I wonder if he looks like that avatar in real life!
And of course Morsul probably looks like Willy Wonka Unless I'm mistake, in which case I've been living a lie my whole life. (Or death as the case may be).
Old 08-23-2004, 09:56 AM   #506
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

A lot of people I get lazy and picture their avvies as well but others i see people and some i judge on the name

Hookbill obviously your not, but you look like one of the goombas from Mario(the video game not the movie)
Old 08-23-2004, 10:06 AM   #507
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Quote:
but you look like one of the goombas from Mario(the video game not the movie)
I did have a picture once of a Goomba riding on a shell that was to be my avatar, but I lost it in a previous misadventure :'(
Besides, I don’t count the Film nor the cartoon series as part of the Super Mario Cannon as they don't fit with the game. (Would go on a rant now about how Mario is not from Brooklyn and has an Italian accent ect, but I wont.)

Besides, I like my Avatar, It’s interesting. (Stares at it and drools)
Old 08-23-2004, 03:58 PM   #508
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Morsul the Dark: Female, 5'5 with a bow in her blonde hair. Her name is Sally, & she likes to do the sort of things all little girls like to do-play with dolls, having tea parties, that type of thing.

p.s. no offence meant, Morsul .
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 04:45 PM   #509
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Ah, here is a picture of Hookbill the Goomba, (Hurah I found it hidden away in my hard drive)
look here.
Old 08-23-2004, 05:22 PM   #510
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Real Estel
Morsul the Dark: Female, 5'5 with a bow in her blonde hair. Her name is Sally, & she likes to do the sort of things all little girls like to do-play with dolls, having tea parties, that type of thing.

p.s. no offence meant, Morsul .
I was hoping someone would make a joke about that.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:05 AM   #511
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire : You've probably heard this several times before, but ever since I started watching the cartoon "Teen Titans" I imagine you like the character Starfire, but with a long pale dress instead.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:05 PM   #512
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White Tree

Quote:
I've still got the cloak but on my trip this really loud girl named Christine stole my mask! And that after I sang such beautiful music for her!
Awesome. Completely awesome.

Quote:
Sapphire_Flame: Blonde hair, blue eyes, rarely seen without a book in hand.
Quite close there. I'm not blonde, but I do have blue eyes (blue-green), and I'm rarely seen without several books in hand. ^ ^

And Elennar can't be Starfire from Teen Titans; that's Sirith. *points at Sirith's avvie* See? ^_~

Okay, Elennar, I picture you about 5' 8", blonde-brown hair, blue eyes; you smile a lot, and really dislike living in Utah. ^ ~

Abedithon le,

~ Saphy ~
Old 08-24-2004, 02:34 PM   #513
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Hookbill: I could swear I saw you & some of your buddies (I guess) just today as I was playing Mario Kart Double Dash!!
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 02:40 PM   #514
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up Stickle Bats!

I hate to sound like a geek (Actually no, I love it ) but Goombas are only in one level on Double Dash!! And Hookbill the koopa does not appear at all. But still, I get what you mean.
Old 08-24-2004, 02:58 PM   #515
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Isn't Hookbill a boss on one of the Super Mario levels in Super Nes?
Old 08-24-2004, 03:12 PM   #516
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Hookbill the koopa is a boss on Yoshi's island (Which as you rightly said is on the SNES).
So Hookbill the koopa + a goomba = Hookbill the goomba
Simple.
Old 08-24-2004, 03:39 PM   #517
InklingElf
Shade of Carn Dûm

InklingElf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to InklingElf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill
Ah, here is a picture of Hookbill the Goomba, (Hurah I found it hidden away in my hard drive)
look here.
Darnit I wasn't even close!...Well I guess that's because it's 2-D -- but you probably DO have a hooked-bill.

Any other members who look/act like characters from a video-game? I was just thinking about your last post Hookbill "koopa" made me think of "kupo"--the repetitive interjection that moogles use....How random can I get!? I just had to mention that...

Just forget the last three sentences.
InklingElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 07:58 PM   #518
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morai
Elennar Starfire : You've probably heard this several times before, but ever since I started watching the cartoon "Teen Titans" I imagine you like the character Starfire, but with a long pale dress instead.
I've never heard of Teen Titans before...maybe I'll have to watch it sometime...

Why does everyone think I have blue eyes? They're green! (hazel actually, but most of the time green) Oh, I know, it's my name...Elen of the Sapphire Eyes... I didn't know about that when I picked the name though...
And Saphy...I'm exactly 5'8"...
Old 08-24-2004, 08:18 PM   #519
Sirithheruwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
And Saphy...I'm exactly 5'8"...
Yes, Saphy's good at guessing heights. Very scary.

Quote:
And Elennar can't be Starfire from Teen Titans; that's Sirith. *points at Sirith's avvie* See? ^_~
Actually, I mainly posted to display my avvie. So here it is!
Old 08-25-2004, 08:49 AM   #520
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Oopsie Rosie....

Quote:
Yeah, I noticed. Oh well....
Quote:
I've never heard of Teen Titans before...maybe I'll have to watch it sometime...
I like it a lot, but I don't think it has very many simularities to LOTR, if at all.
Quote:
Actually, I mainly posted to display my avvie. So here it is!
I wonder if everyone would think I'm blonde and blue eyed if I had an avvie of Terra. Maybe I should, throw people off even more....