User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-14-2003, 04:16 PM   #561
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dûm

Burzdol has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Bali leaned over the table to Burzdol, putting his arm on the elve's. Not even noticing the dwarf he sat looking into the empty glass in deep thought. His hand was still noticeablly clutching his dirk that was thrust in its sheath.

"Burzdol, are you okay?" Bali asked

"Fine," Burzdol said as he noticed Bali looking at a stranger in black that had just entered the inn. Bali looked concerend, but Burzdol didn't feel like asking. All he could think about was the closeness he had just been to slaying that elf.

"Do you know who that is?" Bali asked pointing to the stranger.

"No," he said not even looking up.

"Do you wanna' tell me what that was about. You could have gotten us throw out or killed. My father needs us," Bali raised his voice.

"Calm down Bali. I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me."

"I know what you're feeling. If you wouldn't have beat me up I would have done the same."

The two were calming down. Bali picked up two drinks, handed one to Burzdol and sat in silence. He was obviously pondering about the stranger. There she is again, there's Eltor. As Burzdol bid a goodbye to his friends he walked to the maiden.

"That was a sudden outburst," she said as Burzdol walked up.

"Thanks."

"What happened? It's like you just snapped."

"I don't know."

An elf maiden called Eltor's name, "I have to go."

Burzdol leaned on the counter and watched her walk away. Well, there she goes.

[ February 15, 2003: Message edited by: Burzdol ]
Old 02-14-2003, 09:21 PM   #562
theWhiteLady
Wight

theWhiteLady has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Laurie felt the kicks and squirms of the two unborn children; she was surprised by their strength. Pio motioned her to a chair and she sat, taking an offered cake but not eating. Leaning forward, she looked carefully into the grey eyes of the woman across from her. Eyes that have seen the sea... she thought and knew.

"Pio," Laurie began, saying the name carefully, slowly. "I have been bothered of late with thoughts, dreams maybe, of the sea. I have always been fascinated with the tales of that vast water, streching to the Blessed Realm beyond. But this is different. It is like real, and I feel an ever present longing to return to where I have never been. The clasp, I know now that it holds some significance. To my mother's past, or to my own longing, I do not know. Please," and Laurie's voice cracked, taking on a pleading tone, "please help me solve this mystery!"
Old 02-14-2003, 09:31 PM   #563
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The sun was setting, the mountais were bathed in an orangy-pink colour. Cromthal was sitting on a rock staring at the land, his land, his home. He didn' hear the feet running up behind him.

"Cromthal! Is it true? You are going away?" Cromthal looked up to see Brona, his master's daughter. Why does she have to be here now? Can she not see I want to be alone? he thought to himself.

"Yes, Brona, I leave tommorow." he was thinking about how this may be the last time he saw the sun bathe these mountains in an unearthly light. the wind sighed soft over the foothills where he sat. Brona plopped down beside him.

"I'll never forget you." Brona said sweetly. Cromthal smiled, Brona was but half his age, and rarely did she say anything to him that meant anything. He merely nodded. He looked away for a moment to hide the tears filling his eyes. He looked back toward Brona, but Brona had changed. Next to Cromthal sat a twisted old man with a dark scowl on his face and murder in his eyes. He held a sharp knife in his hand.

"Death to you! Betrayer!" the figure shrieked. Cromthal tuned to run, but the man sized his wrist with a tight claw-like grip....And Cromthal sat up. In the room in the Green Dragon, with Rirrym in the chair and their dog visitor in his lap.

[ February 14, 2003: Message edited by: Frodo Baggins ]
Old 02-14-2003, 11:50 PM   #564
Artalwen
Haunting Spirit

Artalwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Artalwen
Sting

Arawyn sat down at a nearby table with her mug of hot cocoa and gazed about. Already in the short time since she arrived much had happened. She breathed a deep sigh, and took a sip of her drink.

Looking around, she saw curious strangers around, looking to no good, and looked away. She saw the halflings enjoying themselves, and remembered the party she had been to when she last was here.
What fun...and I met a legendary halfing!
Arawyn finished her hot cocoa, and asked the owner of the place for a room for the night before she continued on her way.

[ February 15, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
The flowering stars, on crowns they hung
The dragon fire, in twisted wire
They meshed the light of moon and sun."
-verse from a song found in 'The Hobbit'-
Old 02-15-2003, 02:16 AM   #565
MyPreciousGollum
Pile O'Bones

MyPreciousGollum has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Grondar looked around the inn. The amount of Hobbits in the inn must have been one gross(144).

He turned to the bartender again. "I also need to find a Hobbit called Samwise Gamgee."Grondar said.

The barkeep replied, "He's still here, and the finest mayor of Hobbiton I've ever seen. You'll find him in this place. Go up the stairs, turn left,then right, and knock on number 978 and say, "Sting.""

Grondar did so, and found Sam opening the door, and said, "You come from Gondor,don't you? I remember Boromir, and you have the same looks."

"Good guess Samwise. I am Grondar, and I knew Boromir. I have some questions for you."

"Ok. Come inside." replied Sam.

And they came inside, and talked through the night, and Grondar found what he was looking for.
Old 02-15-2003, 02:55 AM   #566
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Umbria looked over to the fire where the ranger Alaemas sat alone, his companion, Dolenmar was no where to be seen. She picked up her lilac cloak and swiftly slided into the seat scross form him.

"what can I do for you, Elfsun?" he said in a gruff voice, face still shaded by his shaggy brown cloak.
"so you do remember who I am after all" Umbria repled cooly. "ay, you are a jynx, and that is how i see you havn't changed." Alaemas snorted and took another swig from his ale.

Continueing he spoke;
"you do not sleep, nor eat, nor speak, although rarely, you just stare at people, you are a soul stealer or the very first cause."

"if you were 8000 years old, would you eat or sleep?... no my friend, your will loses out for a long time." Umbria frowned "soul stealer am i not, nor ever have i been a jynx... why have you come to this place?... you are hiding something from me, your temperance astounds me, Alaemas, im glad you have learned many lessons." she said.

"where is your guard?"

"asleep, after all he is mortal, should you be sleeping, or is it your turn to keep watch?" Alaemas dropped his mug on the floor with an almighty crash. "what?" questioned Umbria in her usual knowing manner. "for that is what you are doing.. is it not?"

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 02-15-2003, 03:32 AM   #567
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Pio turned down the lamps and leaned back in her chair. ‘Let me tell you a little of my childhood.’ she said, speaking into the darkness. Her voice was low, her words clear as she gazed on scenes that came bidden now to her mind.

‘When I was little, just six years old, as I recall, I lived in a very beautiful place. A place filled with the music of waters pouring over stone, the music of many fountains. It was a hidden city. And its King thought to keep all safe within the vale surrounded by the Encircling Mountains. Ondolindë was its name, The Hidden Rock, Gondolin, in Beleriand.’

‘But there was one who betrayed the city and her people into the hands of Morgoth. And he sent his minions against us, and so great were their number that the city was destroyed and the King killed.’

‘I was separated from my mother by the cruel events and taken under the protection of the King’s daughter, Idril. She had planned long in advance for escape from the city, feeling that it might meet its doom when Morgoth turned his eye on it. When Morgoth was at last overcome, and Beleriand sunk beneath the sea, Idril sent me to foster among the Teleri, my kin, along the Gulf of Lhûn.’

‘This was a time most dear to me. They took me in as one of their own, teaching me to love the sea. A child of Ulmo I became, skin brown from the sun, my arms and legs taking me far into the currents and deep below the glassy surface of the water. I reveled in that freedom, and often, I have found myself wishing I could sink again into the salty arms of the waves.’

‘Those were simpler days, among the Solonelli - the Surf-singers, the Fallineli - the Foam-singers. For these two words were the names the Teleri gave themselves. The harmony of their voices and the graceful rhythms of their movements adding truth to their naming.’

‘And now I have you here before me. A young woman who hears the sighs and murmurs of the waves on the shores of the Middle-earth, and is pulled irresistibly toward them. And in her pocket is her mother’s shell hair clasp, made of mother-of-pearl and bearing an inscription in Telerin. “Fallinel”, it says, “foam-singer”.’

‘Elven blood runs strong in you, Laurialassië. And judging by your mother’s clasp, it is Telerin blood. The sea calls you to make the choice, as all those of the Firstborn, the Eldar must do. To answer the call and return to the West, along the Straight Path above the Bent Seas, to Tol Eressëa and the Undying Lands, or to remain in Middle-earth.’

‘You have come from Rohan and now find yourself in the Shire. Your feet travel the Great East Road, though the direction which you follow is westward. Should you travel further along this road, you will come to the Emyn Beraid, the Tower Hills, on the western boundary of the Shire. You can climb them and look on the distant seas, you know.’

‘And down from the hills, you will come to Mithlond, the Grey Havens, to the harbour of Círdan, a lord of the Teleri. This is the place where the Elves sail from, those who leave Middle-earth –to “the white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise”, called West by a “sweet fragrance on the air and . . . the sound of singing that (comes) over the water.”

‘It seems to me you are bound for the Havens, but what happens, once you are there, is left for you alone to choose.’

Pio sat quietly, having said all this, remembering her own time in the West. Laurie would speak when the questions came to her.
Old 02-15-2003, 05:21 AM   #568
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

ElentariGreenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Sofiya was quite surprised that her new friend, Nevlhachien was asking her about tales of adventure. "Well," she replied. "I haven’t actually been on any adventures. I can straight here after I run away from the grey havens. I was going to start out on an adventure, but I decided to stay here and make new friends. It’s a nice place here, and the people are good hearted. I may even start a career here." Sofiya smiled at Nevlhachien, who had seemed so lonely. In fact, Sofiya thought the young half-elf may have been crying.

"Oh," said Nevlhachien. "So, you stayed here instead of adventure? But wont you get bored?" Nevlhachien looked as Sofiya considered this point.

"Well, no, not really," she replied. "Didn’t you see all the commotion earlier with the drunk. Pio managed to sort it out. It was quite exciting really." Sofiya laughed as she thought of Pio, far through her pregnancy, making the drunks cower in their boots!

"Pio?" asked the young half-elf. She hadn’t heard that name before.

"Oh, of course," said Sofiya with an apologetic smile. "Pio is the innkeeper here. She is pregnant as well. Would you like to meet her?" Sofiya would very much have liked to speak with Pio again.

"Yes please!" said Nevlhachien. "I’d love to meet such a courageous woman. Um, is she a hobbit?" asked Nevlhachien, not knowing anything about the innkeeper.

"My, no," replied Sofiya laughing as she imagined a hobbit sized Pio. "She’s an Elf." Nevlhachien was amazed that there were so many Elves in the shire.
Old 02-15-2003, 06:46 AM   #569
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Sting

Kaldon had found nothing. There were no dwarves inside the inn, as far as he could tell. Early sleepers, early risers, these dwarves are.

It was getting late and he needed sleep, but in the case that Bali came down from his room early in the morning and left, Kaldon wanted to be waiting for him. He selted his back against a chair and put his feet up on the table, and relaxed.

Pulling his pipe out of his cloak, hae lit what weed remained in it. He'll be down soon, and when he does, I'll be waiting for him...

Then Kaldon remembered the foaming elf, jumping around the room coughing. A practical joke. But who would play such a trick on an elf, the most loved kind in all of middle-earth.

A dwarf would...

Swiftly dousing his pipe and returning it to its place, Kaldon stood and slowly walked in a wide circle around the inn. And when he turned around, he saw the dwarf at his seat. What was unsettling was that the dwarf was watching him as well.

An idea then came to Kaldon. Why should I use knives when someone else can do the job for me...

Finding his way over to where the elf sat, Kaldon addressed him. "I saw what happened to you. A grevious injustice it was. Perhaps I could help you get revenge."

The elf looked up from his drink, and his eyes roved over Kaldon, looking for treachery. "What do you mean?"

Kaldon lifted a blue vile and dumped a small blue pill into his hand. "I happen to have a tablet identical to the one that harmed you; but perhaps a little more violent. Here it is." He handed it to the elf.

"All you have to do is to see to it that it gets into his drink." The elf grinned wickedly. "Thank ye, stranger. Might I be able to have a few more? There are others..."

Kaldon shook his head. "I am allowing you one to deal with an enemy. Your other rivals mean little to me." The elf turned back to object, but Kaldon was gone.

Sitting back down, the elf devised his plan.Here's one dwarf that won't bother any elf again...

Kaldon merely sat back in his chair, outwardly impassive but smileing inwardly. "Slightly more violent." Where do I come up with it? For those tablets were in fact a deadly poisen...

[ February 15, 2003: Message edited by: Himaran ]
Old 02-15-2003, 07:49 AM   #570
astarielle
Haunting Spirit

astarielle has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to astarielle
Eye

"It's ok Hirilaelin, I am not angry I do not know anger." said Astarielle sympathetically, "Even in the heat of war i do not feel anger, i only feel pity."

".........There was but one time was angry and that was when I watched my father being slain at the battle of the Last Alliance, i doubt you would have heard of it. Then again you are an inquisitive hobbi. My mother died soon after my birth, I do not remember much of her, except her sweet voice. My father, he.....he was my hero, he died to save me. I am forever indebted to him."

Hiri looked depressed so Astar smiled and tried to cheer her up.
Old 02-15-2003, 08:21 AM   #571
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Silmaril

Niamh stepped into the Inn behind her sister. It was warm and inviting, a couple of people looked up at them, but they were soon back to their business.

“May I have a room please?” Mylaisa asked the Inn Keeper.

“Yes certainly” the keeper handed over the keys and pointed the two sisters in the direction of their room.

“Go to the room, get cleaned up and sleep” said Mylasia handing Niamh the keys. “I will be up soon enough, I feel hungry, I need some food!”

Niamh left Mylasia and headed towards the room. She unlocked the door and stepped in to a small cosy room, with a fire blazing in the corner. There were two single beds on each side of the room and a window on the far side. Niamh walked up to the window, took a quick look out into the still raging storm and drew the curtains. She opened a small door on the right and walked into the bathroom. She washed and then went to bed.

Ahh! At last a bed to sleep in, they had been travelling so long she had forgotten how comfortable and warm it was, Niamh slowly drifted off into a dream, the fire was still blazing.

“Niamh, Niamh! Come on get up, do you want something to eat?” Mylasia was shaking her. Niamh stared at the window the curtains were now drawn and the sun was rising to bring a new day. The storm had stopped and the sweet song of bird could be heard.

“Yes, I am hungry now”, She got up and got dressed in her travelling clothes.

“Where are you going”, asked Mylasia. She had a wide grin on her face. This was the first time Niamh had looked at her. She was wearing her dress, white, golden trimmed, her long black hair flowed down her back and shoulders, her face was no longer dirty but the bronzed colour it should be. She was beautiful, she was like their mother.

“You have our dresses?”

“Of course”, Mylasia handed Niamh her dress. It was also white and gold. Niamh slipped it on. It felt so light and different, far away were the days when she last wore the dress. The sisters laughed and made their way down to eat.

[ February 15, 2003: Message edited by: Arien ]
Old 02-15-2003, 08:47 AM   #572
MyPreciousGollum
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Grondar was looking for Sam, because Sam had an important map of Mordor, and Grondar wanted to destroy a certain object; what that was we will never know. Anyway, Grondar found the map, and as he was about to set out, he found that the Brandywine had overflowed. He was trapped.

"Never mind, Grondar." Sam said. "You can stay in the room next to me. Oh and here's something for when you do set out." Sam handed Grondar a large box. Inside was a large Green cloak and suit, a bow, with arrows, and a sword. "Gifts from Aragorn, sir." Sam said.

"Thank you Sam! A gift from Aragorn son of Arathorn! This will be placed in the halls of Gondor when I get back!" Grondar said with glee.

When the inn closed, Grondar slept in a particulary small bed, but having no rest from Rohan to The Shire, he was still thankful. Soon he drifted off into a deep sleep.

The flood had ended. Soon every Hobbit was back outside, doing their buisness. Grondar walked out of the Green Dragon, ready to go back to Gondor, and then Mordor. But once he had got out, 2 Hobbits attacked him. "What are you doing with Sam?" They both asked. "I was asking him a few questions." Grondar replied, keeping his cool. "Yes, you forced him to!" The 2 hobbits stabbed him with hobbit-blades.

Grondar woke up. He felt an evil force in the inn. He got out, and took his sword with him...
Old 02-15-2003, 09:07 AM   #573
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Niamh and Mylasia sat down a table in the corner of the Inn.

Niamh had a cup of hot tea and some bread, Mylasia had nothing, she had eaten while Niamh was asleep.

"So..." started Niamh,"What are we going to do?"

"What do you mean?", asked Mylasia

"I mean when are we going to stop travelling? When is this all going to stop?"

"Its not that simple we cant just settle down and thats it, Niamh they are still after us and we may no physically see them but they are here. We can stay for a few days but no more."

"But?"

"No questions, stay here I am going to go and check on Roman."

Mylasia got up and went out the door and to the stable. Niamh didn't see why they couldn't stay, no-one would try and get them here. She wasn't even sure if the Haradrim would follow them all the way to the Shire. She sipped her hot tea thoughtfully and watched some hobbits playing out through the window.

Ever since they had left Harad they had been followed, Niamh never knew exactly why, they wanted them dead but she knew it had something to do with their father and mother.

They two sister left there village when Niamh was 15 and Mylasia was 19 now Niamh was 22 and although she was older she was none the wiser in the reason for them being chased. Their mother had been killed their father had vanished from Middle- Earth.

They were not accepted anywhere, they were niether one nor the other. Outcasts. Mulatto girls they had once been called. Niamh longed for someone to talk to but alas it was very early and no one was stirring yet but the hobbits outside.

Old 02-15-2003, 10:25 AM   #574
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Burzdol watched the meeting of the elf and the dark stranger. [I]I think I'll stay here for a bit and watch what happens.[I/]

To the elf it seemed that Bali had also seen the whole thing. The dwarf looked relitvly unconcerened, so Burzdol felt the same. Instead, he thought about his short encounters with the maiden. His mind strayed from thing to thing, when Eltor again walked up.

"I had to take care of something," she said as they walked toward a small table. "Why aren't you with your friends?"

"I have to keep an eye on someone. It's easier to do that back here or at the bar. I don't want anyone to notice me."

"Why not?"

"Just a hunch that I'm going on."

"Oh."

"Now I have a few questions for you. Remember that time that I told you my story? Well, I want to hear yours. I barely know anything about you, except for your name."

"Okay. My full name is Elorwen. I just use a different name where ever I go. You see, my grandfather was in the War Of The Ring, and he fought beside Isildor himself. When the Ring was passed to Isildor he refused to destroy it. My grandfather stood up to Esildor and fought him, in sercret, for the Ring. My grandfater, he lost. He paid for that with his life. Now, Gondorians think of our family as dishonorable towards Gondor. They banned us from Gondor and have persuted us for years. Both my parents died at their rath. I change my name everywhere so they can't follow me. Everywhere I go someone is looking for me. This place feels safe, so I am staying here for a while. My parents left me a small fortune and anywhere I go I work. Then there is that elf. My father and mother sent a dear friend a letter. In that letter they were told to send someone to come with me and help me. That elf is what I got."

"So they sent you a baboon?" Burzdol asked sarcastically.

"Yeah. No matter where I go he always finds me. I can't get away from him. He thinks that we are betrothed because he was sent with me. The only problem is he was very hasty about leaving Gondor. He kept leading me near the guards and wanted to stay in Gondor. When we went to other places he always talked to Gondorians."

"Your little friend almost got himself killed by me or yon dwarf," Burzdol said pointing to Bali. "He may be short, but he can slay almost anybeast or being. If he had the chance he would have thrust a hatchet into the elf."

The elf walked over to the twos table. "You better watch out, you excuse for an elf. I have something that can beat you before you can get out your knife. I will keep Rivendell elves higher than you scum." With that the elf walked away.

"That sure was fun."
Old 02-15-2003, 10:55 AM   #575
Carlas
Shade of Carn Dûm

Carlas has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Carlas
Sting

Harenthiel opened the door silently and her and another, elf walked in. She had not been here for awhile, but since she was in the area, she had decided to come.

She looked over at her friend Amarenthie's warm and cheerful face. They had been through a lot the last couple of months, but Amar(as she called him for short) was never too distressed to have some ale. He looked back at her and smiled and went off to get some ale.

She sat at a table close to the fire watching the other guests quietly. Most seemed cheerful (and perhaps drunk), but there were others that were dark and silent.
She grinned slightly, remembering her first visit here. She had not been happy at all, still mourning over the loss of her husband, and brother. But now she had passed that, and was as she had been before that dreaded night.

Amarenthie walked back to the table, handing Harenthiel a large glass of foaming ale. She was not too fond of ale, but enjoyed having it once and awhile.
Old 02-15-2003, 12:56 PM   #576
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

When Niamh had finished her tea and bread she got up and went outside to join her sister.

She found Mylasia in the stable softly singing to Roman, it was one of the songs their mother had sung for them, and she let Mylasia finish before she made her presence aware.

"Sister may I go for a walk?"

"Niamh I can not allow you, if you were taken it would be my fault!"

"I will take my bow, no one can hurt me then.."

"You hope. Ok be quick no more than an hour, I will be waiting for you inside. Be careful"

Niamh smiled and quickly walked down to the Inn collected her bow and quiver from the room and made her way down the path that they had come up the following night. She sang to her self as she walked the same song that Mylasia sang to Roman. And then she stopped that song and sang a diifferent one of a flower. Her father had told her this one and he sang it to her because she was as beautiful as it. The flower was Elenor, it grew in the land that her grandparents came from, although she did not know where that was.

The warm rays of sun beat down on her and she breathed in a heavy sigh, this place is beautiful, it is a shame there are not many left like it at least there is no evil here, that or you can't not see it. And it is hard to hide evil and darkness. No this place had done something to Niamh and in the short time she was here the nightmares had stooped. For last night she dreamt soundly for the first time, and she did not dream of her mothers savage slaughter and the time when they had to leave home. She sat down on the gras and contiued singing softly songs her father had taught her, about love, war and sacrifice.

Old 02-15-2003, 01:43 PM   #577
MyPreciousGollum
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Since you have no PM's I am going to address this here:

THE BARTENDER IS PIO - SHE IS NOT AT THE BAR, SHE IS IN HER ROOMS. THERE IS A SERVER WHO WILL TAKE CARE OF THE DRINKS FOR THE INN.

THE INN IS DESIGNED AS A PLACE FOR YOU TO COME IN CHARACTER AND TELL US YOUR CHARACTER'S STORY.

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM PLAYING ANY VIOLENT ACTION SCENES IN THE INN - THOSE SHOULD BE SAVED FOR ACTUAL GAMES.

PLEASE DO NOT GO ANY FURTHER WITH THIS SCENARIO - ALL SUCH FURTHER SCENES WILL BE DELETED.

Quote:
Grondar slipped into the bar, and saw 2 men. One was holding a sword to the barkeep, and the other questioning him. "Where is Grondar son of Gronfar, a king in the land of Gondor?" one said. The barkeep replied, "Room......"

Suddenly Grondar put his sword to the interrogaters neck. He grabbed his sword. "I am him, Formira. And you, Wiramar. I can't believe you have sunk so low."

Formira and Wiramar were now advancing to Grondar. There is no way out for Grondar......
[ February 15, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 02-15-2003, 04:25 PM   #578
Elladan Peredhil
Animated Skeleton

Elladan Peredhil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rirrym woke with a start as he heard his friend gasp out. The dog was off his lap a moment later, running towards the bed to try and offer Cromthal some comfort.

The next sound he heard was the faint sound of the dog licking Cromthal's face, and what sounded like "Get off you silly mutt..." coming from the bard.

"What is it, Cromthal? What woke you?" Rirrym asked as he stood and wrapped his blanket around himself before moving across the room to the bed. "Surely we haven't got another intruder trying to enter the room, or I'm sure the dog would have warned us first..."

Cromthal shook his head, trying to rid himself of the images within the dream. "No, I just had a nightmare.. I am sorry to have woken you both."

Rirrym smiled. "'Tis nothing, Cromthal. We all have nightmares penetrating our dreams every once in a while. Would you like me to go downstairs and see if I can get you something to help you sleep, or would you rather we both stay awake for a while longer?"
Old 02-15-2003, 05:43 PM   #579
theWhiteLady
Wight

theWhiteLady has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Laurie listened quietly as Pio spoke, her blue eyes growing large as the tale ended.
The stories of the hidden city of Gondolin and legendary Teleri made the young woman feel small and very insignificant. Their tales ran on and ended with her, Laurie, a humble and inconsequential child of Rohan. The weight of what Pio was telling her took Laurie’s breath away and her eyes lowered to her hands clasped limply on the white dress. The sacking of Gondolin, Pio reveling in the embrace of the Sea, the smell and sound of salt water calling, and a choice. A choice that lay before her. The young lady clad simply in white felt lost, helpless, and innocent. Her thoughts whirled and grasped onto the memory of Pio’s words. Laurie remembered the Tower Hills, “You can climb them and look on the distant seas.” A great desire arose in her to travel to the Hills, and she knew now what force had guided her travels; at the same moment, Laurie saw the green lands, the air fragrant and sweet from the long grass and the humble people of her land, her home. She was torn in two directions, between two strong desires. Eyes closed, she sat for a long while before summoning up her courage and finding words to speak.

“Pio, you spoke of the time you spent with the Teleri, whom you now say are my kin,” Laurie’s voice rose from incredulity. She continued in a lower tone: “You did not stay with them but returned to this land. A choice you too must have faced, the beauty and peace of the Blessed Land you had; what caused you to return?”
Old 02-15-2003, 06:16 PM   #580
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

Ani Dao awoke with a start taking in her dim surroundings. She had made camp the night before under a willow by a very small, slow moving river. She glanced up at the stars and interpreted that dawn was only an hour away. Her breath uncurled from her thin lips in swirls of mist verifying the cold temperature of her surroundings. The fact that she had half-elven blood, three generations old running through her veins was visible only through her red hair. The elf stood up and rearranged her disheveled clothing which consisted of a green wool tunic, the arms of which could be removed in summer temperatures, forest green pants covered halfway to the knee by beige boots, and a leather vest and belt which held her array of throwing knives. She let her deeply curled, long red hair lay about her shoulders and down her back to keep her ears warm. Picking up her traveling blanket from her make-shift bed, she adjusted her bow on her back overtop of her quiver, and draped her food sack over her neck and left shoulder and made her way out, following the little river downstream.

As she walked she thought of her life with her family in Mirkwood, and the life she had led as an elven hunter. She had been the best female in her class and almost best over all if not for the haughty elf, Legolas. She laughed remembering Thranduil’s prized son. She then remembered the decision she had made to leave and wander Middle-Earth on her own. Most of them had disapproved, but she left all the same. Her new life suited her well anyways.

Realizing that she was very hungry and hadn’t eaten since the previous morning, Ani Dao stopped and spied a small rabbit making its way down to the river a little ways from her. Thanking her good luck, she slipped into a crouch and brought her bow around in front of her. Easing one of her green feathered arrows out of its quiver she notched it and took aim. The rabbit was scared away just then by three riders emerging through the forest just between Ani Dao and the rabbit. The leader of the three nudged his horse slowly across the river and bade the other two follow. Since food was the only thing on the elf hunter’s mind, she decided to follow the three men? to see if their destination would prove well to satisfy Ani Dao’s stomache. Running swiftly and silently, pushing herself to keep up with the horse, the red-haired elf followed in the wake of the three horsemen.

They broke the forest in a rush and galloped furiously up an open road, leaving Ani Dao to stand baffled in their dust. At least there’s a road to follow now and not three mad horsemen. She began to walk up the road and peaked the hill to overlook a brilliant green valley. She spotted a nestled town on the sides of some hill and scattered homes that appeared to made of round doors that led right into holes in the ground. It was then that she had realized she was in the Shire. The famous home of Frodo Nine-fingers. She laughed in spite of her discovery and began to walk down the road.

She eventually came to an Inn called the Green Dragon. Deciding that a good mug of ale, and a room for the night wouldn’t break her she opened the door and went inside. A pungent smell of food and pipe-weed greeted her as the brisk morning air blended with the warm scent of the Inn. Chairs stood on tables and the floor, which had been swept the night before was bereft of any crumbs or dust. Silently complementing the Inn Keeper of the order of the Inn she shut the door behind her and went to get a room. The bar held a few early morning people, a colorful assortment of hobbits and dwarves engaged in conversations, slurred with dreary, early morning awareness. Ani Dao spied the Inn Keeper displacing the chairs from their nightly stance upon the tables and setting them with a thud on the rather clean floors. She approached the pregnant woman and greeted her with a bow.

“Greetings, Inn Keeper, my name is Ani Dao and I would like a room for one, perhaps two nights here.” She gave the best travel-worn smile she could muster and received one from the Inn Keeper.

“You are welcome, traveler. I shall arrange for one now. I am Piosenniel, by the way, Pio if you will.” She smiled warmly and got Ani Dao a room. Deciding as well she was hungry, she ordered a bowl of soup and some ale. After devouring the most palatable meal she’s had since Dale, she made her route to her room, discarded her equiptment, boots, and vest, and slept away the rest of the morning and afternoon, not to awaken until later that night.
Old 02-15-2003, 09:53 PM   #581
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Cromthal took a deep breath to clear his head of the images in his mind. He knew that he could not go back to sleep that night. But he did not want Rirrym to go to any trouble.

"No, Rirym. you need your sleep. I'll be fine" He said. Rirrym was certainly a different person. Maybe his master had been right, kindess will repay itself.
Old 02-16-2003, 06:39 AM   #582
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

An hour and a half later Niamh burst through the Inn door panting.

"Is everything alright?" asked Pio from behind the counter.

"Ummm....yes I am fine Thankyou" replied Niamh combing here hair back behind her ears. "I am late and I didnt want to worry my sister"

"She is still in the stables".

"Oh, thankyou."

"Not at all."

And with that Niamh opened the door and ran around into the stables. "Sister I thought we were going to meet in the inn"

Startled Mylasia looked up at her still breathless sister. "Sorry I must have got sidetracked, come let us go back to the Inn and have some lunch"

Mylasia softly patted Roman's head, he nieghed quietly and contiued to eat the hay below him.
Old 02-16-2003, 06:54 AM   #583
Túrin Turambar
Pile O'Bones

Túrin Turambar has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Inside the Inn Túedior was greeted by sound of singing and the smell of
wonderful food cooking. He sat down at a table and got himself an ale. People
around him looked at him as they always did on rangers from distance lands, with
disgust.

Túedior was here to look for people to join a new adventure that he had been planing, he loved adventure and wandering and had always done.

He scanned the room looking for some brave souls.

[ February 16, 2003: Message edited by: Túrin Turambar ]

Join The Prancing Pony today!
Old 02-16-2003, 08:21 AM   #584
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
The Eye

Bali looked up, surprised as the elf that had caused him so much trouble walked over to his table and leaned over it. "Master dwarf, I believe there has been a grevious misunderstanding on both our parts. I would like to apoligize for your mishap."

"And I for yours," answered Bali gruffly. Perhaps the elf was only drunk: He's not such a bad chap after all!

But he didn't notice the small blue tablet dropped into his ale. Kaldon, sitting across the room, did. Everything is going as I planned...

Bali talked for awile without drinking. Then as he lifted the cup to his lips, he stopped. Reaching into it, he snatched out a blue tablet, and tossed it onto the table.

"Hah!! Eruantalon, look: that elf tried to pull your joke on me, but I got it out before it started fizzing!" There's something fishy going on here, Thought Eruantalon. It usually fizzes right away...

He was about to take a drink, but suddenly Burzdol came flying over, knocking the drink from Bali's hand. It crashed on the stone floor, littering its contents and broken shards from the beaker.

"Bali, you couldn't drink that. It was poisen!"
"But my friend, you couldn't be serious. That elf was just playing a little prank."

Eruantalon stepped in. "I think Burzdol's right. If that was sap, it would have fizzed immediately, and yours didn't. Look there!"

He pointed on the floor. The liquid had changed color, and now held a tint of blue. "That was poisen if I ever saw it."

They all sat back down. "Why that lousy elf!" Bali began. "If I had the chance -"

"Wait a minute Bali," said Burzdol. "Let me tell you something else I saw. You remember when the elf and man sat down at that table together? I swear I saw the man slip him a tablet. The elf probably thought he was just playing a silly trick on you."

"I don't know, Burzdol. What would a man want with me? I thought they were suspicous, but there's no reason to accuse a perfectly good man of such a crime! Now that elf..."

But Burzdol would keep an eye on that man from that day forth, with or without his friend's blessing...

Across the room, Kaldon was seething.
One plot foiled already. And now I have an elf to remove. He knows far to much.
Old 02-16-2003, 09:57 AM   #585
The Ruling Ring
Haunting Spirit

The Ruling Ring has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Should wonder what I'll change into," Drago thought to himself as Ellie led him upstairs, calling directions for supper over her shoulder to Champignonne.

Ellie steered him into the room meant for him.

"I'll wait outside," she smiled. "You just ought to change out of those wet things, before you catch your death!" so saying, she pulled to door shut, to give him some privacy.

Drago sighed, grinning to himself at the friendship Ellie had shown him. He slung his damp pack off his back, onto the bed in front of him, opening it and pulling out an equally damp, but still cleaner shirt and a pair of trousers. He unfolded them, spreading them out flat on the bed, moving his pack to the side.

"It's a bit of a shame Ellie can't see this," Drago muttered, bringing the palm of his hand down just above the top left corner of the gray shirt, slowly moving his hand downward, concentrating on what he'd learned.

As he moved his hand, the clothes grew dry--and warm, as if they'd just been washed and dried by the fire, like his mother used to do, in wintertime.

Completing his task with the shirt and performing the same operation on the trousers, Drago quickly made the transition into the dry clothes. Just then, there was a knock at the door.

"Come in," Drago looked up, stuffing the dirty clothes back into his bag, running his fingers through his hair, which was drying with the warmth of the inn.

Ellie entered at his bidding.

"I wondered what you'd change into, so I thought that I might as the innkeeper--," she broke off, looking at Drago, cleaner and dry, standing at the foot of the bed, looking over at her with a smile at her consideration.
Old 02-16-2003, 12:06 PM   #586
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

It was now night and the Inn was full to its brim.

"Popular place this." Said Mylasia playing with the food on her plate.

"Not hungry?" asked Niamh," Nither am I", she said pushing her full plate to the side," I feel like mothers food, I can still remember the taste of hot Roti and Sugar. Ahh, but I suspect we could never find that here."

"No" sighed Mylasia," excuse me, I must take my leave and go upstairs, I will see you in the morning. Dont stay up too late" She added laughing, and Mylasia made her way toward their room.

Niamh sat alone, surveying the hot inn. Elves, men, dwarves and hobbits laughed and sang. Niamh relaxed back in to her chair and took another slow sip of her ale.

Some people were still staring at her and nudging each other. For once she didnt seem to care that much. She sat playing with her hair.

[ February 16, 2003: Message edited by: Arien ]
Old 02-16-2003, 01:09 PM   #587
Frodess
Haunting Spirit

Frodess has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

The elven lady to whom Tiquandel had been speaking had left him. He was unsatisfied with their conversation but he shrugged it off. As his hobbit friend was busy, he looked for someone with whom to converse. He noticed a ranger who had entered the Inn.

"Mae Gavonnen, sir," he said casually as he lightly strode up to the man. "May I join you?" He smiled at this, his green elven eyes glittering in the candle light. He almost laughed, for now he appeared to be a greeter of some sorts. How his brethren would laugh and scoff if they heard of this.
---------------------------------------------
Champignonne watched as Ellie left with Drago. She did order more food for them, but was actually growing weary of eating. She watched as her elven friend approached a grungy man. Each to his own,she thought.

She sighed at being left on her own again. It always seemed to happen that way. But these last few days had made her stronger, so she would not give in to the weakness of isolation.

The she-hobbit left for her new room to get her things for embroidery. She came back to her seat and worked on a piece of cloth. She had recently learned this craft from one of her mother's few friends, her Aunt Lilly. Champignonne worked and waited.
Old 02-16-2003, 01:52 PM   #588
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

“Pio, you spoke of the time you spent with the Teleri, whom you now say are my kin,” Laurie’s voice rose from incredulity. She continued in a lower tone: “You did not stay with them but returned to this land. A choice you too must have faced, the beauty and peace of the Blessed Land you had; what caused you to return?”

‘The Teleri, the Fallinelli, that I fostered with in my childhood days were not those of Tol Eressëa. They were the ones who had not passed over the Great Sea as yet. They dwelt along the Gulf of Lhûn, the area where the Grey Havens now stand.’ She smiled, remembering her playmates there and the feel of the waves against her skin, the sea’s salty kisses. ‘And some remain there, still.’

It was never my choice to go to the West, Laurie. I had not done with this world yet.’ Pio’s eyes clouded with the memories of that awful day in Gondolin. She and Mithadan and Bird had returned there in a task set for them by Time and Need. A single tear rolled down her face as she remembered the relentless advance of Morgoth’s armies, and the desperation that she felt in her defense of Lady Idril’s house, with its hidden way to freedom. It was the only way of escape for her companions from the Lonely Star, and she would hold the wayo pen for them.
Pio wiped the tear from her cheek and turned to Laurie. ‘I died, Laurie. In a futile battle, against too many shadowed foe. My fëa was summoned there, to the Halls of Mandos. And there I dwelt until my life was understood by me, and then I was called forth to finish the task set for me and my companions from The Lonely Star.’ She shifted in her chair once again, easing the pressure of the babies against her.

‘Valinor! It is a wondrous place, indeed. And hard to leave, once one is there. And so I left reluctantly, intending to go back once my part of the task was done.’ She smiled, and a look of such delight filled out the features of her face that Laurie looked on in wonder, asking ‘Is it Valinor you are thinking on now, Pio?’

The Elf laughed, a silvered sound filling the room. ‘No, not Valinor. I think of my companions from The Star. And of Mithadan, my beloved.’ She turned the lamp up just a little so that Laurie’s face would be free from shadow, her features clear in the soft light. ‘I made another choice, Laurie. I will never again set foot in Valinor. But, instead, I have found my happiness and contentment here, with Mithadan and now with our children. The world is a wide and lovely place. I still have a thirst to drink of it. And now that Aragorn has ascended to his Kingship, there will be more lands than are imaginable open to such as me and Mithadan and Bird.’

She looked at Laurie, gauging her desire for the sea. She reached out for the young woman’s mind with hers, gently.

I think my choice is not for you, Laurialassië. The call of the sea is too strong. Your fëa desires to return to the West, and you would go willingly, where I did not.

Laurie’s eyes had gone wide as she heard these words come quietly into her mind. Pio smiled gently at her, and spoke aloud into the stillness between them. ‘If you will wait until Mithadan has come, and the twins are born. Then I will ride with you to the Tower Hills and down – to the Grey Havens and to Círdan’s ship. And with the call of the Straight Road full upon you, you can make the choice. To watch as the bent sea drops beneath you and sail to Aman, or to return for what time as you desire upon the dusty path that weaves through Arda.’

[ February 16, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 02-16-2003, 04:54 PM   #589
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

"How did you get so clean and so dry so fast?" she asked him. her eyes widened. "Was it magic? Will you show me?" Suddenly she hesitated. "Or did you just have clean clothes? Am I being silly?"

He smiled at her. "You're not silly." he answered, avoiding her other questions.

"You're a liar!" she said to him and sat on the end of his bed.
"What?" he asked, shock on his face.
"I am silly. Very silly." she said, and hit him lightly on his arm.

Jumping up she ran over to the window. "You have a nice view." she said to him.
"What of?" he asked, following her.
"I don't know, it's dark!"
"Yes, you are silly. Silly Ellie" he said fondly.

Silly Ellie! What are you doing? The elderly Hobbit looked at her with disdain. I took you in and this is how you repay me? Silly, stupid girl.
Ellie shook her head, trying to clear the memories.
'Silly Ellie, silly Ellie!' The chants of the other children echoed in her head as they passed in a circle around her. 'Silly Ellie, silly Ellie'
A sob escaped her, then another.

"Are you alright?" asked Drago concernedly.

"F-fine" she stuttered, but the sobs were coming quicker now. Finally she let herself go, and slowly sank to the floor crying.
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 02-16-2003, 05:24 PM   #590
The Ruling Ring
Haunting Spirit

The Ruling Ring has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ellie's reaction was one Drago had not necessarily expected, but appreciated. He liked being able to happily impress, even mystify people, then tell them how he'd done it, if he liked them well enough.

He followed her over to the window, as she chatted about the view, which was, of course, invisible at the moment, it being night.

"Yes, you are silly," he said in a fond voice. "Silly Ellie," she was very sweet...

These words, that had really been meant in a friendly fashion, to make Ellie smile, to show comraderie, but they suddenly, startlingly transformed the girl, from curious and friendly, to utterly miserable. She looked and sounded ready to cry, giving in to it at his further questioning.

"Ellie--?!" Drago faltered, sinking to the floor next to her, gently touching her arm, wrapped around herself now. "Are you alright? What's the matter?"
Old 02-16-2003, 05:42 PM   #591
Elladan Peredhil
Animated Skeleton

Elladan Peredhil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rirrym shook his head, knowing he would be unable to sleep now. He felt some surprise at the realization that he felt well-rested, despite all the excitement of the evening. Still, it wasn't particularly surprising considering how hard it was to get a decent night's sleep upon the back of a horse. (Rym tended to keep the horse moving at night, both to avoid hypothermia and the scavengers that might seek to separate him from his mare in the hopes of getting an easy meal.)

He bent down, smoothing the sheets on the corner of the bed down before taking a seat. He let out a soft sigh, looking to the window. Dawn will be here soon... he thought idly to himself. He could hear faint sounds coming from outside as people were rising from their slumber and starting about the day. It reminded him of home, where most of the surrounding people were farmers and would be awake, dressed, fed and ready to work by the time dawn's first rays penetrated the landscape. Ah... Home sweet home... he thought, a half-smile appearing on his face for a quick second, before it disappeared with his next bitter thought. Well, maybe not so sweet anymore. A vision of the Orc raid that had precipitated his need to move quickly from his home entered his mind and his face paled until he looked as white as a ghost. He could still sense the taste of the bitter smoke covering the back of his windpipe... He could vividly remember the ear-splitting screams coming from his mother and sisters, as well as from many of the other neighboring farms... Even see the orange and yellow flames as they burned his home and the crops his family had worked hard to plant to a mere cinder. It had been his fault that so many had died. If he had been on guard duty as he was supposed to instead of letting his mind wander, more might have survived. He shook his head to clear it of the horrific visions.

His gaze travelled to Cromthal, who was backed up against the wall in an attempt to keep the dog from trying to cover his face in licks. Rym let out a chuckle. "Let Cromthal have some peace, dog..." he said, pulling the dog back a little and pushing down on the canine's back end until he is sitting, wagging his tail. "Yes, I know Cromthal needs a friend or two," he whispered into the dog's ear. The dog quickly turned it's head and started washing Rirrym's face. "Ai! I might be in need of a bath, but I don't think I need one of the doggie variety," he laughs as the dog puts his paws on Rirrym's shoulders, pushing him over before continuing the licks.

[ February 16, 2003: Message edited by: Elladan Peredhil ]
Old 02-16-2003, 06:15 PM   #592
Maegaladiel
Haunting Spirit

Maegaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Nahai gave a snort, awakening. She must have fallen asleep at the bar. She rubbed her eyes, trying to remember what was going on.

The last thing she recalled was asking a wounded elf if he was all right. He appeared to be, so she had sat back down at the bar...and fell asleep. Lovely.

She had no idea what time it was, or even if it was still the same day. Looking around, she could recognise no familiar faces.

And no one recognised her. She sighed, knowing the feeling all too well. She was always alone, separated from the rest of the world, even in a bustling inn like the Dragon. It was because she was...different. Not of men, nor of elf, nor of dwarf. Nahai sighed again, finishing off her now-lukewarm ale. Sometimes being a shapeshifter was hard.
Old 02-16-2003, 06:35 PM   #593
Huntress
Pile O'Bones

Huntress has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

The lonly figure looked at the sign of the inn with much relief, it would be the first stop she had had for a long time now and despite her maddening drive to carry on new her trail was almost cold.

A young hobbit pushed passed her to get into the room beyond the door which she blocked. This caused her to break from her thoughts, and concentrate on the sounds coming within. Slowly she opend the door and entered, not many had been watching the door but she smiled lightly to herslef as she saw there suprise at a elf dressed so like a ranger, but she quickly banished the smile and went back to been aleart, if she wasn't alert she was dead.

She had managed to order her drink and find a relativly quiet corner in the warm glow of a fire and finally take in her surrondings. THe entire expance of this place was laughter wether quiet or loud it was happiness that filled the atmosphere, sitting back she wondered how long it had been since she had been happy or laughed for that matter did she still know how.
Absently she played with the hilt of her sword while she felt her bow resting gently against her leg where she had placed it, she allowed her long black hair to fall and leave her face in shadow, only her green eyes apeared active but in them held a deep wound that may never be healed, she allowed herself to wonder what she would do if one of these joyous peole came over and tried to spread there hapiness with her what would she tell them. The answer came easily she would tell them what she had told many in every inn, in every town she would merely be known as Huntress an enigma to these happy people.

Thats if fate would alow her to remain an enigma this time.
Old 02-16-2003, 07:03 PM   #594
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dûm

1420!

Burzdol watched the lone elf. He was obviously laughing about the scam, not knowing of the foil in the plot. Bali looked as if he was about to get up and kill him.

Elorwen walked to the friends table, "May I sit down?"

"Sure," Burzdol said moving over a little bit.

"Hello, I don't believe we met yet," she said talking to Bali.

Bali kissed here han in a normal way of aquatince. "Hello mam."

"Hello to you, too," she said to Eruantalon.

"Hello fair maiden," he said. Then the man went back to talking to another woman at the table.

"I saw what happened with that elf over there. I hope you are okay. I can't stand him, he happens to be in over his head. At first I thought he was dead when you guys went for him. Next time don't stop yourselves."

"Well that's twist of an opinion for a maiden. We couldn't kill him hear or we would have gotten kicked out," Bali said in reply.

"Correct," Burzdol said.

"Can we have some malt beers over here," Bali called to the bartender. He brought another tray of ale and Bali paid. Each member of the table took a glass and returned to what they were doing. Bali emptied his glass in one large swig and grabbed another.

"Mmmm, this is good," Bali said empting another glass.

The nusciance elf came over to the table. "Get over here girl," he called to the maiden, "Now or else."

"No."

"Now I said," the elf screamed. He reatched for the girls arm, pulling her from the table.

"I have to go," she said being drug away.
Old 02-16-2003, 07:20 PM   #595
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

While scanning the room full of many various figures, a certain maiden in a corner seemed to catch Rave's eye. The maiden seemed to be a Ranger, but something about her was different. It was...unlike that of a Ranger of Middle Earth.

As Rave's suspicion grew in her heart, she found herself rising from the solitude of which she was very much enjoying. She approached the maiden quietly not taking one eye off her. The maiden seemed to be doing the same.

"May I join you?" Rave asked her softly trying not to draw too much attention from surrounding guests. "It seems you are in need of a companion while at the inn. And if not, if you don't mind me intruding, I would very much like to have one myself."

The maiden nodded, and Rave sat down across from her. There was a brief moment of silence, but it was soon broken by the maiden's response.

"Mae Govannen." she said. "I am Huntress. And to whom do I owe the pleasure of our conversation?"

Rave looked into the green eyes of her guest. This was certainly no Ranger, but seemed to be an Elf.

"I am Rave, a woman of Rohan." Rave replied. "You are Elven, are you not?"

Huntress nodded in response to the somewhat vague question. Rave continued...

"Yes, it appeared that you certainly were no Ranger. But tell me, what brought you to the Shire, or are you an Elven ranger indeed just on travel?"
Old 02-16-2003, 08:40 PM   #596
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

When the red-haired she-elf awoke, the sun was still up above the Shire in a firey ball of light. She got out of the muslin, feather stuffed bed and donned her leather vest and slipped her boots back on her feet. Securing a dagger on the inside of her right boot for precautions, she noticed the aroma of dinner that had found its way into her room and led her down the stairs into the dining area. She was greeted by the boisterous chatter of the evening guests, and decided that a plate of her own dinner and a mug or so of ale would be much welcomed.

She surveyed the room for a place to sit and noticed that everyone was engaged in conversation, a few exceptions isolated themselves in a shadow of cowls in the corners. Ani Dao was anxious for some conversation and news of the world since she had left it behind in Mirkwood, and joined two young she-elves near the front of the room.

She bowed and smiled warmly, “May I join you?”

“Certainly,” said one with pale gray eyes, motioning to a chair beside her.

“Thank you. I am Ani Dao of Mirkwood. Well I was of Mirkwood, but now I guess you could say I’m just of Middle Earth.” She left the sentence hanging and beginning to feel red with the odd explanation. She shrugged the matter off. “What names do you go by?” She gestured for a mug of ale and listened as the two elves introduced themselves.

“I am Nevlhachien,” said the elf with long, wavy, golden hair, “and I am Sofiya,” said the gray-eyed one. Both of them looked strong, and learned in the ways of combat and survival. Smiling to herself, Ani Dao listened as they continued their conversations of past adventures, and memories.
Old 02-16-2003, 10:16 PM   #597
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

"Who was that?" Bali asked watching the girl leave.

"Elorwen," Burzdol said. He had stopped a potential outburst when the elf drug the girl away. Even though he clutched his dirk he hadn't said anything. "I'm tired. We have to leave for Erebor soon. Tell me the details before we go."

"I will, I will. First I want more beer. Maybe some food, I'm hungry," Bali said calling over the bar tender. He ordered things for every one and started to get out money.

"I'll pay," Burzdol said handing the money to the bar tender, "Now you tell me the plan." Food was brought over and Bali started.
Old 02-17-2003, 02:40 AM   #598
Lanithelias

Boots

The moon was almost in the western trees as a dark shape staggered toward the warmth and sounds of loud talking coming from a very inviting-looking Inn, even by Hobbit-standards. Though, the staggering shape could hardly appreciate such creature or social comforts at the moment. Had he known he were in the shire, and very near the stable-door of the Green Dragon Inn, he might have mustered the presence of mind and strength of body to request a room. But at the moment, were one able to query him as to what an inn was, let alone what a Shire was, he would have been exceedingly lucky to even hear the question. Half blind from what he should be hoping was a passing affliction, and half blind from fatigue, he was in sad shape.

No one bothered him, indeed, no one saw him, for between the darkness and his mud-streaked garments, he was all but invisible, nevermind the staggering. As it happened, he found a pile of what might have been weeds cut from the garden, or what might have been hay, but what felt like a feather bed, if indeed he felt anything after tipping over and finding the ground was softer than he thought. The final thoughts ofhis unconscious mind were that tomorrow when he woke up, indeed, even next week if he woke then, there would be time enough to sort out the many questions and blanks in his mind.
But now to sleeeee....Zzz.

Old 02-17-2003, 02:45 AM   #599
Huntress
Pile O'Bones

Huntress has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

For a moment Huntress looked across at Rave she was slightly suprised to find herself looking into eyes so like her own and weather it was this or some other kinship Huntress felt with her she decided she would answer,

"You may call me an Elven Ranger if you wish for it has been a long time since I was known as much else."
She said it softly but once again fighting the instincts she had built up over the years to run, hide or even kill this maiden who was trying to befriend her. She had already shared to much about herself yet she wanted to share more.

Huntress stared into her drink for a moment and then once again looked up into Raves kind face who seemed not yet bored as others would and in the past had been. Pushing all her reservations aside she finally said,

"You could also say that I am a travler for I have wandered over enough of this land in my short time." She hesitated "But really I am searching, and my reason for been in the Shire is the same it is where the trail has lead me, though I must confess I have not been in the Shire before" It felt wonderful to finally be even a little honest with someone her weary bones suddenly had a new lease of life and she felt in what she considered a good mood. She tried not to show this though.

Huntress once again sat quietly, She had expected Rave to question her further on what she was searching for but the women didn't say anything. For a moment Huntress wondered exactly how much did she have in common with Rave, She decided she wanted to know, so she did something she hadn't done before she asked her.

"So what about you Rave, are you just a Rider, or are you a travler to?"

[ February 17, 2003: Message edited by: Huntress ]
Old 02-17-2003, 03:54 AM   #600
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

~~~~~~~~ NOTICE OF NEW GAME OPENING ~~~~~~~~

The Road to Erebor RPG Discussion Thread will be open to take on character bio submissions on Tuesday, February 18th. (You can currently read about the Game, but not post on the thread, as it is 'closed'.)

First chance to play a character for this game will go to those Gamers: who are not currently participating in a game in the Shire, Rohan, or Gondor.

All interested Gamers who meet the above requirement should work up a well written character bio for one of the character types listed on the discussion thread. Then, post it on the Discussion Thread when it is opened on Tuesday.

Choice of who will play in the Game is at the discretion of the Game owner.

[ February 17, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]