Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2003, 08:29 AM   #521
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Sting

Bali watched with laughter as the elf stumbled around the room, spitting out, coughing up and choking on blue foam. That will teach him to hurt little hobbit girls!

He was about to take a drink but stopped himself. I've had enough for one night "So, does anyone have a good story to tell?"

[ February 11, 2003: Message edited by: Himaran ]
Old 02-11-2003, 11:11 AM   #522
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

The Shirriff trudged in again, grumbling under his breath about the Mayor not knowing the difference between a Bounder and the Shire Post. His feather waved as he shook his head in disgust. Nonetheless, he had a task to perform and he took his position seriously.

He stomped over to the bulletin board, withdrew a scroll from his pouch and posted it prominently at the end of the bar. The patrons of The Green Dragon crowded about to read the notice. It read:

"Greetings, denizens of The Shire, Rohan and Gondor. It has now been nearly three months since the Three Realms were established and all storytellers, adventurers and patrons of the Inns are invited to post their comments concerning the governance and efficacy of the Realms. Your comments may be made HERE. Please stop by and tell us what you think and make your suggestions."
Old 02-11-2003, 12:27 PM   #523
Elladan Peredhil
Animated Skeleton

Elladan Peredhil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rirrym slipped behind a small partition to change for bed. When he returned, he discovered Cromthal already curled up and, by the sounds of the deep, steady breathing, fast asleep.

He took a minute to look over the room -- Cromthal was right, it was more than large enough for two people to sleep comfortably. It had a homely feel to it, and he could well imagine himself being comfortable there for weeks on end.

The bed looked comfortable, but he decided he'd rather spend his first night sleeping in a rocking chair with his feet propped up against a small footstool. This certainly beats sleeping out in the cold on the back of a horse... he mused as he made himself comfortable, proping a pillow behind his head. It was then that he looked at the nightstand beside the bed which held a lit lantern. Perhaps I should turn down the light for the night...

With a sigh and a stretch, Rirrym tip-toed across the creaky floorboards and pulled a couple of blankets from a small cupboard, draping one over Cromthal to keep him warm through the night and taking the other one to use for himself. With an exhaling breath aimed at the flame, darkness descended upon the room and Rym remained where he was for a few moments to allow his eyes to adjust.

Even allowing time for his eyes to adjust didn't seem to help him as he still managed to stub his toe on the edge of the bed, leaving tiny stars appearing in front of his vision as pain seared up his leg, leaving him hopping on the spot. Curses... he thought to himself as he tried to hold his tongue to prevent himself from screaming a few obsenities out loud. I hope Cromthal was right and he really is a heavy sleeper. I'd hate to wake him up now, after he was looking so tired... Luckily for him, Cromthal had been true to his word when he had said he did not wake easily. Eventually the pain dulled enough to allow him to hobble across the room towards the rocking chair to settle for the night. His toe would probably be black and blue in the morning, but right now he was too exhausted to care.

Just before sleep took him, he whispered to his companion: "Good night, Cromthal. May you have pleasant dreams until you wake tomorrow morning."
Old 02-11-2003, 01:18 PM   #524
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Ellie sniffed the air. "Mmm, I smell-"
"MUSHROOMS!" Champignonne chimed in. The two smiled at each other.
"Now I think about it, that cheese was not much for three Hobbits" Ellie said slowly and thoughtfully.
"Indeed no" agreed Champignonne.
"So, shall we see about getting some?"
"I think we should."
Chattering eagerly, the two started to walk away.

Suddenly Ellie remembered Drago, who was sitting looking wistfully after them. He looked so wet and...alone that she felt pity for him. Feeling very saintly by giving up the mushrooms, she said to him "I am so sorry Drago, you are still wet through!"

Taking his hand she pulled him out of his seat.
"You must change immediately. Come, they showed me the way to the rooms. Champignonne, get enough mushrooms for three!"
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 02-11-2003, 01:31 PM   #525
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

Durelin chuckled, "Brothers and sisters are hard work to keep up with. I came here with a similar goal, my searching ended only moments ago, but my journey is different than yours..." The elf again looked haunted with the guilt and heavy sorrow radiating from him, but he shook himself out of it.
"My sister," he swallowed his words, he was having trouble speaking. He tried several times more opening his mouth but no words came out.
"I'm sorry..." began Galadh.
"No, no, I am," replied Durelin suddenly finding his voice. "My sister fell onto a dark path, there was no bringing her back, she only wanted power and death...but now she has met her end."

For a moment Galadh thought she saw a look of triumph on his face, that of after a victory gained with the losses of many.
"Well, enough of that dark talk. I must tell of Lorien, my home. It is the most beautiful place, full of all that is green and good. The golden leaves of the mallorn scattered on the ground like a golden dust sprinkled in the lush grasses. The fair young maidens dance in the trees' shade as flowers spring up at their feet, gathering them to put in their hair. And all the lads with their bows each trying to kill a rabbit on the run in sight of the girl he favors. Laughing at the others mistakes only to do the same. Ah, but it was fun to watch them, and remember when I did as them. But that was long ago, and there are no more children. For the elf’s time is over, so they say. Yes, my people are leaving these shores. But I stay, and my friends say I am stubborn. I have not lived all of my time yet on this Middle Earth, and there are many new things I have yet to discover. Like about Gondor, I have long thought of traveling there. Ah, I hear such wonderful tales of the White City. Have you seen it? Even if not, I would love to hear of your home."

[ February 11, 2003: Message edited by: Durelin ]
Old 02-11-2003, 02:03 PM   #526
arelendil
Wight

arelendil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

"Greetings Erulon, I am happy to see you have returned." Elwen laughed. "That was an interesting trick you played just now. Though i'm not sure how fair it was, it was rather funny!"

Elwen smile at the new arrivals and the old ones too! She once more moved the bow that sat across her lap and played with the curls about her face. Quickly her nimble fingers plaited her hair and fasterned it at the bottom with a silver ribbon before flicking it behind her shoulder. The Lady Nostawen didn't seem at all curious about the new arrivals but Elwen was.

"Could I be boring and old fashion and ask for introductions before a story commences?" Elwen laughed with a twinkle in her eye. "I will go first. I am Elwen. I have journeyed far from Ithilien and on my travels met the fair lady Nostawen, who sits on my left."

Elwen nodded towards Nostawen. Dressed in forest green, her berry red slippers showed below the hem and her raven black hair fell in curls to the waist. She looked as beautiful as ever. Elwen was enjoying this, she liked to have a certain degree of control. The joy she felt spilled forth, her light increase and she laughed all the more. Elwen lent down and placed her silver bow on the floor besides her chair, before ajusting her midnight blue tunic and tucking loose strands of hair behind her delicatly pointed ears.

"This stranger on my right has newly joined us, he was about to tell us his name I believe but perhaps others would prefer to go first."
Old 02-11-2003, 02:22 PM   #527
Hirilaelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hirilaelin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"I really am sorry Astar," said Hiri, quite ashamed of abandoning her new friend. "I didn't mean to... Well... You know. I was just talking to some other people, but they all left. I really am very sorry."

She looked imploringly up into Astarielle's eyes, hoping that she was not too unhappy with her.
Old 02-11-2003, 05:29 PM   #528
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dûm

Burzdol has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Eruantalon started telling an old tale. Suddenly Burzdol stared at a pretty maiden walking by the bar.

"Sorry, but would you excuse me for a moment I see a friend of mine," with that Burzdol excused himself from the table and walked over.

"Hello again."

"Oh, thats where you went," she said, "I need to talk to you."

"You see that elf over there?" she pointed to the foaming mouthed elf.

"Yeah. What about him?"

"Don't mess with him. He saw us talking a while back. And he doesn't like to take these type things lightly. He thinks he is a little more than he is and is quite annoying."

"Why would he care if we talk?"

"Just because."

"What's that in your hands?" he said as he noticed as he looked down.

"Just my favorite book, nothing much."

"Who is it?"

"A dwarven writer by the name of Belre' Iceledge. The book is The Tales Of Moria."

"Hey Burzdol come back over, you have to hear this," Bali yelled across the room.

Burzdol bid a farewell to the maiden and walked to the table. He listened to the story, though said nothing. His mindtrailed about Eltor, his father, and Bali's enbarkment. He really liked Eltor, but didn't really know much about her. Then he wondered about that elf. Why would it matter if we talked. I think there's more to this elf than meets the eye. Bali and Elwen's laughter broke his thoughts.

"Pass me an ale please."

[ February 11, 2003: Message edited by: Burzdol ]
Old 02-11-2003, 08:58 PM   #529
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Even if life was longer I'd eat dessert first," Rie laughed as she reached for a cookie. They were quite good, very much up to Green Dragon standard. In a word, they were unlike the burnt disasters that she was often responsible for. Breakfasts she could generally handle--eggs, toast, bacon, and sandwiches, of course. But anything past that was quite beyond what her mother had taught her.

"Look! Pio's serving up free ale. Let's grab us a couple of pints and sit down there, by the window," Derufin exclaimed.

"I'm very much in favor of an ale, especially free," Rie said with a grin. They went up to the bar, and there was a short line. "Personally, I'm glad Pio's back," the redhead stated in a quiet voice, looking very sage. "She'll be having those miyât soon, I don't doubt, and she's really not in a condition to be travelling," she added, in her wise twin voice, suggesting that she knew everything about twins and having twins, being one. She nodded wisely. "Oh, bother, I left my purse up in my room. Can I pay you back?" she asked, searching her belt for her missing moneybag. A little flush rose into her cheeks.
Old 02-11-2003, 09:02 PM   #530
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Home......the beautiful snow covered mountains that glowed in the sunrise....the sigh of wind through the pine trees.....

Cromthal woke swiflty from his dream, and was grieved to find that it was only a dream. Something had awakened him, but he wasn't sure what. *Thunk* Cromthal felt his heart skip a beat. The sound had come from just outside the door. Where was Rirrym? Over there in the rocking chair. Cromthal wondered why he as sleeping there.

A rustling sound was coming from outside the door. Cromthal, trembling and breifly noticing the blanket he had not put on the bed, slipped out of bed and dug Caladbolg, his sword, out of his luggage.

"Cromthal, what are you doing?"

Already tense, Cromthal nearly jumped out of his skin at Rirrym's voice. "Afraid I would bite, Rirrym?" he asked shakily.

"What are you doing?"

I heard something outside the room, Rirrym, in the corridor."

"Go back to sleep, Cromthal, you were dreaming." Rirrym continued. Then they both heard it, a rustling, a thump and a bit of a scraping sound on the door. Rirrym stood up, Cromthal froze and shrank aganst the wall. In a very quiet, shaky whisper he said "Now you and I heard it and we were both wide awake. What is it?"

[ February 11, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 02-11-2003, 09:23 PM   #531
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Pio had finished with tending to the patrons. She had turned the rest of the evenings duties over to Cami and one of the servers. She was tired after the long ride and the constant demands of the guests. ‘I really must find my replacement soon.’ She murmured to herself.

Hanging her apron on the peg near the kithchen door, she went in and found some fruits and sliced seedcake to pile on a plate. She grabbed a bottle of Dorwinion wine and a glass and hurried through the door to her rooms.

It was dark, the only light that of the moon streaming through the window in the front room. Sitting her plate and wine on the desk near the entry, she fumbled in one of the drawers for a flint and lit the small lamp of the wall by the door. ‘There, that’s better!’

A small sound came to her ears, something scraped across the floor some distance behind her, across the room. Her hand went to the knife beneath her sleeve, She drew it quickly as she blew out the lamp.

‘Who’s there?!’ she hissed quietly into the shadows, turning toward the source of the sound.
Old 02-11-2003, 09:28 PM   #532
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

The Eye

Outside the cheery inn, the wind blew hard. A storm was coming. Narry a traveler could be seen on the road, for all were indoors, enjoying hot drinks around the fire.

All except one. A young man, fair and tall with short blond hair, strode purposefully toward the lighted inn. He was dressed in black from head to toe, including his tough leather boots. Under his tunic was concealed a hard mail coat, that could resist even the sharpest arrow.

At his side the strange man wore a simple long broad-sword, but across his back two long knives were sheathed: his deadly throwing weapons, the mattocks. Reaching the inn door, he read the sign hanging above the door. The Green Dragon Inn. Just the place a dwarf would be...

With that he entered the building, slipping in with the skill of a trained assassin; making no noise and drawing no glances. Laying his sword aside, he concealed his knives under his belt and walked over the bar. As to not look conspicious, he ordered a drink, but only sipped at it a little; as he was not thirsty.

When the bartender brought him his drink, Kaldon, (for that was his name), leaned over the counter and spoke to him quietly.
"Sir, I happen to have an important message for a dwarf which I believe to be inside this inn. Have you seen one, perhaps?"

The burly man wiped his hands on a old, frayed towel before answering. "There's lots 'o dwarves inside the Green tonight, young man. Now let me see... there was one dwarf near the back of the inn awile ago, caused a right old uproar he did! He was over there," (he pointed across the room), "sitting at one of those back tables."

Kaldon paid for his drink, and slipped the bartender a healthy tip. "Thank you for the information." Eyeing the gold piece in his hand, the man commented that it was no problem at all; but Kaldon had already disappeared.
Old 02-11-2003, 10:04 PM   #533
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Envinyatar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Supper with Rie had been enjoyable. He had laughed when she blushed, saying that surely Pio would stand them a meal for the hard work done. And it was so. The Elf was grateful that someone had fixed the roof for her.

It was nice to sit with a pretty young woman and forget the baggage of past memories. And she was young. So full of life and sureness, that he felt buoyed up in her hope for the future. She chatted on despite his often quiet lapses, filling him in on this guest and that. It was a momentary respite, as he knew it would be.

She had talked much about her twin brother, Talômi. What a fiery pair they seemed as he listened to her tales of him! He envied the parents that had the opportunity to raise them. Too soon, supper was done, and Rie had gone to visit with her friends. She had invited him, but a melancholy mood had come on him and he begged off, saying he was not good company for the evening.

Derufin went to the bar, and stood behind it taking orders from the thirsty guests. Pio had gone into the kitchen and Cami was showing someone to their room. He filled several pint mugs of amber ale and pushed them across the width of the bar top to the waiting customers. It was good to be active. It kept the thoughts away.

A momentary lull in the demands for drinks let him lean on the bar top. His eyes swept the room, watching the guests talking in groups of twos and threes. He steepled his fingers, resting them against his lips, elbows resting on the smooth top of the bar.

The Elf made her way from the kitchen to her rooms, her hands holding tight to a plate of food and a bottle of pale red wine. She smiled at him as she passed, pausing for a moment with a wince to let him feel how lively the twins were this evening. His hands moved over the lively pair, feeling them pummel their mother with glee. He grinned and stepped to open the door to her rooms for her, then closing it, stepped back to the bar. He thought about her babies. They would be beautiful, just as their mother. And if her sketch of Mithadan had been true, they would face the world clear-eyed and strong. A lucky man was Mithadan, he thought to himself.

A great longing assailed him as he thought of them. And he gripped the edge of the bar top to steady himself. Other faces came unbidden to him. He closed his eyes willing the images away.
Old 02-11-2003, 10:06 PM   #534
Artalwen
Haunting Spirit

Artalwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Artalwen
Sting

Arawyn pushed the door open and walked into the green dragon, pulling her hood off her jet-black hair, and shaking her hair. Her green eyes cautiously looked around at the now-familer place, and her eyes lit up from joy at visiting a familar place.

She pulled her cloak, now wet from the rain outside, off and hung it on a nearby coat rack.

It is delightfully good to be back.

She went up to the front counter, and a bright, energetic hobbit came up to the counter.

"What can I get ye?" the hobbit inquired.

Arawyn smiled. "Just a pint of hot cocoa, if ye have it. I'd be most thankful." she replied. The hobbit smiled, and went into the kitchen. Arawyn sat down on one of the stools to await the hobbit.

[ February 11, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
The flowering stars, on crowns they hung
The dragon fire, in twisted wire
They meshed the light of moon and sun."
-verse from a song found in 'The Hobbit'-
Old 02-11-2003, 11:15 PM   #535
Elladan Peredhil
Animated Skeleton

Shield

Rirrym hobbled towards the door, pulling out his silver pipe. If worst came to worst, he could use the pipe to club whoever was on the other side of the door. Then he saw the glint of steel from Cromthal's sword. "Maybe you'd be better off here, by the door, if you know how to use that weapon," he whispered across the room, just loudly enough for Cromthal to hear. I just hope it's not an elf on the other side of the door, although I doubt an elf would make so much noise...

"What happened to you?" Cromthal asked, dropping his sword. The sword made a dull *thud* sound as it hit the wooden floor, and it was enough to make the sounds from outside stop for a few moments.

Rirrym held his breath for a few seconds, and time seemed to slow down to a crawl. Cromthal didn't move, and Rirrym wondered if he was paralysed with fear. He suddenly remembered Cromthal's question. "I stubbed my toe, but it'll heal. Now, if you don't pick up that sword again, we might not survive the night. Toss it to me if you do not think you can handle it. I might not be very good with a sword, but I'm willing to try if it gives us a chance of seeing the dawn."
Old 02-12-2003, 07:05 AM   #536
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Cromthal dragged his sword off the floor.

"I am a healer you know. If we survive the next few moments, I'll have a look at that toe." He slipped silently across the floor with almost elven grace and stood between Rirrym and the door pressed aganst the wall as if to flatten himself there.

"Here" he handed Rirrym his carved oak staff. "Don't break your flute, if your going ot help me use this."
He held his sword up, gripping it tightly with both hands. His heart was pounding so hard that he was sure whatever it was outside could hear it. Briefly, he wondered if he should light the lamp, but decided against it. They were better off if the thing, whatever it was outside, did not know that they knew it was here.

[ February 12, 2003: Message edited by: Frodo Baggins ]
Old 02-12-2003, 08:15 AM   #537
theWhiteLady
Wight

theWhiteLady has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Pio entered the room softly, moving evenly towards a desk near the door before lighting a small lamp. Perhaps it was the cool night and the soft chorus of crickets singing outside the window, or maybe it was the exhaustion of the days activities. Whatever it was, Laurie's head was resting in the cup of her hand, propped up on the arm of Pio's chair. She lay in a slight doze, her thoughts light and free for the first time since that morning. Pio's entrance and the sliver of golden light that escaped inside when the Elf had opened the door was enough to bring Laurie from her sleep, but it took a moment to orient herself and remember why she was sleeping in a chair.

Laurie realized she had made more noise than she had intended, or perhaps the keen elf ears had picked up a sound which had escaped her own. Pio's voice hissed at her from the dark, "Who's there?!" Or was it Pio's? Laurie had never heard the kind woman speak so dark or dangerously. The young lady froze, afraid, when she saw the moonlight glitter off cold steel. What a great fool I am, groaned Laurie to herself before gathering her courage about her and speaking.

"Pio, it's me, Laurie," she began in a small voice, her eyes fixed on the knife. "You asked me to come to your room..." Laurie's voice trailed off, hoping this was indeed Pio the innkeeper.
Old 02-12-2003, 03:22 PM   #538
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

She resheathed the knife and quickly lit the lamp. ‘Come forward, Laurie and let me see you.’ she urged in a gentler voice. Her instincts had taken over at the sound behind her, and had not the girl spoken she would be dead by now. The familiar face, cheek creased where she had lain against the fingers of her hand, came into view.

‘You startled me for a moment, little one.’ she spoke to the anxious figure before her. Her hand went to the swell of her belly and she sent a thought of reassurance. Pio lit the other two lamps in the room, and bade Laurie clear away the small table between the two chairs in the room. ‘A favor, if you will, Laurie. Fetch another glass for yourself and bring it back. We’ll sit and have a snack and you can ask me what you will.’

As the young woman left the room, Pio opened the big window wide to the summer’s air, tying back the curtains so that the stars shone brightly through to her. She leaned out to see Wilwarin flying free in the sky, and wondered if Daisy stood looking at it, too. She smiled and let her mind wander to the south and east. Mithadan had camped for the evening and relaxed now, his back against a tree, watching the flames of his small fire die down to embers. He was drowsy after a hard day of riding, and she sent a soothing thought to him, to bring him pleasant dreams.

She turned from the window, and sat down in one of the chairs, resting her legs on the padded stool. Her eyes were drawn back to the night sky, and she traced the patterns of the stars as she waited for Laurie to return.
Old 02-12-2003, 03:32 PM   #539
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

A soft smile came to Galadh's lips when Durelin asked her of Gondor. "The White City," she whispered. "Yes, I saw it once, when I was a child... ten years ago. I was nine years of age. It was beautiful, more beautiful than anyone can imagine. I can't even begin to describe its beauty..."

She came back from her dream-world and said, "Where I live it isn't as beautiful. It's not far from Minas Tirith, in fact, so sometimes when the sky is clear you can see over the village walls the White Tower. My home is a sweet place, small enough to be small, but large enough to fit all my family. It couldn't ever compare with Lothlorien, though. It was a childhood dream of mine to go to Lothlorien, but now I don't want to. I met an Elf once, and I decided though he was nice enough, I wouldn't want to be surrounded by immortal folk. I'd feel... so out of place. But if another mortal came with me..." She stopped, looked at Durelin, and blushed. "I don't find anything wrong with Elves at all," she said hurriedly. "It's just that it would be uncomfortable to be the only mortal amongst hundreds of Elves."

"Yes, I understand perfectly what you mean," said Durelin with a smile.

"Now, would you excuse me?" said Galadh, standing up. "I would stay longer, but I need to make sure my horse is stabled properly. You can never tell. I mean, even back home some people can't stable a horse right. Then again, Gondorians aren't the wonderful horse-masters that the Rohirrim are."
Old 02-12-2003, 04:05 PM   #540
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

ElentariGreenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Sofiya hadn't been asked to sing again, but that was probably because of the free ale which had been given out. Sofiya noticed a young elf looking at a map. It wasn't everyday an elf needed a map. Maybe she was half-elven.

"Hello," said Sofiya as she walked up to the half-elf. "I'm Sofiya. I haven't seen you here before. Though, I'm not exactly a regualar here myself," she added with a half embarrassed smile.

"Nice to meet you," replied the half-elf. "My name is Nevlhachien. What brang you to the shire? I don't quite know how I came to be in such a nice dwelling, but it's nice."

"Oh, well," replied Soifya stumbling over her words. "To be quite honest," she paused. This was hard to say. "To be quite honest I should be in Valar with my family. They sailed, but I decided to stay." Sofiya was surprised that she hadn't lost her voice completely. She was losing her shyness.

"Oh," said Nevlhachien. "Well, I say wise choise. It's too nice here to want to leave! So, where did you come from?" Nevlhachien was quite interrested. Soifya was her first new friend in the Shire.

"I'm from Mirkwood," Sofiya answered. "I have been here, in the Shire I mean, for a few weeks now. How about you?" Sofiya was sure Nevlhachien and herself would be good friends.
Old 02-12-2003, 08:34 PM   #541
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dûm

Burzdol has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The elf walked over still foaming a little. He spit out the rest and took an ale from Burzdol's tray.

As he empted the glass he said, "I know you were behind that. But being the good humored elf that I am I won't kill you yet." The elf's voice raised as he completed his sentence. He slammed down the glass and leaned over the table. "Well, you little shrimp of a life form, was it you. Or maybe it was you, you filthy human. Who is this? A little Mirkwood elf. Not dignifyed enough to be a Lothlorieon or Rivendell elf. Hah!"

Cutting him short Burzdol jumped up, the Rivendell blade clasped in his right hand at the other's elf's throat. "Say that again. I dare you." Burzdol's left hand held the handle of one of his twin weapons hidden under his cloak.

The bartender shoved the two apart, whilst he yelled and screamed about deadly fights. "I'll be watching you, you roughian," he said to the other elf as he walked away.

"Wanna' ale?" Bali said holding up an ale glass to the elf.

"Thanks," Burzdol said as he grasped it and sat down.

"You...a...might want to put that away," the dwarf said pointing his stubby finger at the dirk before him.

"Oh," he said as the dirk slipped back into its rightful sheath.

"Wanna' talk 'bout it?"

"Not really." He sat glaring at the elf at the table across the room. "I'll be fine."
Old 02-12-2003, 10:13 PM   #542
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

Bali quickly calmed Burzdol, but the sight of him nearly slaying another elf was a bit unsettling, as annoying as that elf was. There is more to this "argument" then I know of, but I will not intrude. It is not my place.

Then he noticed a newcomer to the inn. A young man, dressed all in black, was weaving his way through the inn, obviously searching for someone. I wonder what that one is up to...

[ February 12, 2003: Message edited by: Himaran ]
Old 02-13-2003, 01:50 AM   #543
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Umbria the elven, unfortunatly had snapped out of her thoughts by the commotion of the two elves nearly slaying eachother. Her icy grey stare came back into focus, she took off her lilac cloak and walked over to Burzdol.

"there will be no slaying of elves!" she said "you will tell me that it is not my place to tell you, i know he has done you a great hurt, and i am going to stop you from doing that which you will do later" Umbria stopped. "if you do what i have seen, you will regret it all your life."

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 02-13-2003, 03:45 AM   #544
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Pio heard the commotion from the Common Room. Loud Elven voices and someone threatening to kill an Elf. She heaved herself out of her chair and went out the door of her room, into the area behind the bar.

It was Burzdol. He was drunk and he was angry. She put two fingers beneath her tongue and gave a loud, sharp, piercing whistle. The room deadened to silence, and eyes turned to her.

'There will be no kinslaying, or for that matter, any slaying in the Green Dragon while I am Innkeeper.' Unless of course, I do it myself and rid the Inn of two contentious Elves! she thought to herself.

She pulled out two of her throwing knives, one in each hand and let them fly. The two mugs the Elves held shattered in their hands, their malty contents spilling out on to the table before them.

'Take it outside, and far off the grounds, if you intend to do harm to one another.' she said evenly. 'Now come up, gentlemen, and get yourselves fresh pints.' The servers were already starting to clean up the broken shards and spilled ale.

'And if you feel you must compete with one nother while you're in here, then take it to the dart board for a friendly game.'

Pio rubbed her lower back as she stood looking at them. She was tired, and peeved at this interruption of her quiet evening. 'Next one who disturbs my evening will have to outrun my arrow.'

Derufin smiled at her, and filled tankards for the two waiting Elves. Pio retreated to the comfort of her rooms once again.

'Gentlemen! Best not to trifle with the demands of an Elf whose babies are due in just a few weeks. Better to stick your hand in a pit of poison vipers than disturb her again.'

He smiled and handed them each a dry rag to wipe the ale from their finery.
Old 02-13-2003, 08:38 AM   #545
theWhiteLady
Wight

theWhiteLady has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Pio's voice, this time with a soft kindness hidden in its low tones, spoke from the shadows. Laurie moved into the light and was then able to see the innkeeper's familiar form.

‘A favor, if you will, Laurie. Fetch another glass for yourself and bring it back. We’ll sit and have a snack and you can ask me what you will.’

Laurie murmered an assent, her voice still rather weak with relief. She left the room and walked into the kitchen before pouring herself a glass of cool water from a pitcher left on the counter. She took a small sip, the refreshing, tasteless liquid soothing her throat and nerves. All of a sudden, a great noise of shouting burst through the doors of the common room and Laurie choked on her drink before hurrying out to discover the disturbance.

She was greeted with the sight of Miss Pio talking sternly to two elves who were glowering at each other; the tankards they held were both broken and Laurie assumed they must have been shattered in a fight until she saw the knives glittering among the spilled ale. Pio whirled back to her room, gray eyes flashing dangerously and Laurie followed meekly, a short distance behind. She re-entered the room to find the Elf sitting with her head propped on her hand, much the same as Laurie's had been.

"Miss Pio," Laurie began firmly, "you are tired. Get some rest and we can talk in the morning when things are settled down. I dare say I could use a long night's sleep myself."
Old 02-13-2003, 10:47 AM   #546
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

The Eye

Kaldon looked around the room. No sign of any dwarves. Perhaps he has gone to bed

He opened a small parchment and looked over the description again:

His name is Bali. He is a young dwarf, fairly tall for one; and has a long scar over one eye. He has short brown hair and a long beard, and also dresses in brown. You will also recognize him by his weapons: A curved, single-headed erebor axe, a smaller straight-head axe, and two hatchets.

Kaldon then read the rest of the letter.
Be wary. He is an excellent aim, and will gladly do battle with you in an open fight. Stick with the mattocks.

Now where could that dwarf be... He noticed the sudden conflict between to two elves at a table near him. The bartender and an elven lady who she assumed to be the innkeeper stepped forward; the lady shattering their mugs with two elven knives.

That one has excellent aim. I'd better not pull anything inside this inn. Smarter to wait until a better opportunity arrises.

Had Kaldo looked closer, he would have noticed the dwarf sitting between the elf and a tall man. But he was already off again, searching; ever searching...

[ February 13, 2003: Message edited by: Himaran ]

[ February 13, 2003: Message edited by: Himaran ]
Old 02-13-2003, 03:45 PM   #547
nevlhachien
Animated Skeleton

nevlhachien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Joy spread through Nevlhachien's heart as she talked with the elf. She was surprised that Sofiya didn't say anything about her eyes, red from crying.

"I am from Rivendell," Nevlhachien replied, "Though I have travelled to many places. I have been in the shire for barely a day. I do not know what brought me here to this place but I am glad I came."

"I am glad that you came here too," Sofiya said, "I think that you will greatly enjoy your stay here in the Shire."

Nevlhachien smiled and replied, "I believe i will enjoy my stay. As long as I have a good friend to talk to. Have you been on many adventures? I love to hear stories about different places and things of that sort."

For the first time in a long while, Nevlhachien felt happy. She had found someone to talk to, a friend.
Old 02-13-2003, 05:43 PM   #548
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Rave suddenly lifted her head to find she had fallen asleep in the stables.

"How late is it?" she thought to herself as she looked around the stables yawning. Melimo was chewing on some hay which lay beside him on the ground. Rave decided to venture back to the inn--but this time not to talk with the same few she was with earlier.

She walked in and slipped her way quietly and hopefully unnoticed into a small booth on the other side of the room. Rave ordered no drink, and she raised the hood of her cloak over her head to where it hid the long, dark hair againstr her shoulders.

Rave waited and watched the crowd of people that had recently gathered in the inn. With dark, dreen eyes appearing slightly from underneath the hooded cloak, she began to softly hum a tune heard in Rohan. Words she knew not, but the melody stuck with her since her childhood.
Old 02-13-2003, 06:45 PM   #549
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

"I understand you in that matter also, Galadh. Thank you for speaking with me a while. I hope I did not bore you with my chattering of Lorien!"

"Oh no, not at all," the young woman replied, "it sounds just as beautiful as I thought it would. I thank you also for our talk, I have learned a lot about your kindred."

"You are welcome, I am glad I could help you to understand us elves," Durelin told her with a grin.

As she left the inn, Durelin went back into his thoughts. He mindlessly sipped his ale as he contemplated what he had done. No matter what, he just couldn't tell himself that he had done right. Will I ever know? Curse my father and his pride, for I have received it from him!

[ February 13, 2003: Message edited by: Durelin ]
Old 02-13-2003, 07:23 PM   #550
Elladan Peredhil
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Rirrym nodded, taking the staff. He moves silently to the other side of the door and whispers to his companion: "On the count of three, I'll open the door.. One.. Two.. Three.." He turns the handle and quickly opens the door, only to find one of the dogs from earlier sitting there with his head tilted to one side and his tongue sticking out. Rirrym lets out a silent sigh of relief and looks over at Cromthal. "It's alright -- it's just a d--"

Before he can finish, the dog bounds into the room with a "RUFF" and jumps onto the bed, turning around a few times before making himself comfortable in the sheets. Rym chuckles and closes the door. "I guess he's used to sleeping in this room... Did you want me to send him out, or are you alright with him being here?"
Old 02-13-2003, 09:10 PM   #551
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Cromthal dropped his sword and stared at the dog. He was about to collpase out of sheer relief.

"Uh, well." he yanked the covers out from under the dog. "As long he's quiet and dosen't keep us awake I guess he can stay. And Give me some room mutt!" he said, shoving the dog to one side. "Wait. I'll have a look at the foot first."

"You don't have to..."

"Shoosh, Rirrym. I'm a healer, 'tis what I do." Cromthal examined Rirrym closely, then dug some herbs out of a bag in the corner of the room. "It dosn;t look too bad." he said, beginning to bind the crushed herbs to Rirrym's foot. "Leave this poultice on overnight and you should be much better in the morning. Now, I am going back to bed." Cromtha; soved the dog to one side and climbed back in bed.

[ February 13, 2003: Message edited by: Frodo Baggins ]
Old 02-13-2003, 09:29 PM   #552
Elladan Peredhil
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Rirrym thanked his new friend and yawned, giving a stretch. "The idea of heading back to bed doesn't sound half bad.." he said, hobbling back to the chair and trying to make himself comfortable again.

Unfortunately, the recent events had woken him up too firmly to allow him to so easily fall back into slumber. He tossed and turned in the chair for an hour or so before giving up and heaving himself up from the chair to go and look out the window. From there, he could see the stables where his horse was hopefully having a better night's sleep than he was. He also had a view of the winding dirt path that went by the Inn, and kneeled there watching as people came and left the Inn. 'This place never sleeps,' he thought to himself.
Old 02-13-2003, 10:14 PM   #553
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

‘I am tired, at that.’ said Pio, raising her head from her hand. ‘But I am afraid that my children are not as yet!’ She laughed delightedly, and shifted herself in the chair for comfort. Motioning Laurie closer, she placed the girl’s hand on her belly and pressed it down gently. A series of taps thudded against her palm. ‘That one is my daughter.’ She moved Laurie’s hand to the opposite side, where two strong thumps hit it. ‘And that is my son.’

She smiled up at the young woman. ‘They are calling to you. Can you hear them? They have no words yet, but their unvoiced wonderings quest out to see the world already.’

Pio bade Laurie have a seat in the other comfortable chair. She passed her the plate of cake and a small glass of wine. ‘Now tell me,’ she said, taking a slice for herself, ‘what did you wish to see me about?’ She leaned back comfortable in the chair, sipping her wine.

The night breeze sent a warm gust through the window. Fragrant with the scent of flowers in the window box, it curled round the room leaving a faint scented path as it hurried out the window once again.
Old 02-14-2003, 01:57 AM   #554
MyPreciousGollum
Pile O'Bones

MyPreciousGollum has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

A young Man, maybe from Gondor, walked into The Green Dragon. "Halflings! I have never seen so many of them!" he said to himself.

His hair was dark brown, and led down to his shoulders, where a dark blue cloak covered his body, over a black suit, which led down to some brown boots, which were the size of a Hobbit-child, probably. He sat down on a stool, and said, "One ale please, and could somebody show me around this place?"
Old 02-14-2003, 05:34 AM   #555
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Umbria still stood in the hallway, watching the two drunk elves, and Pio sitting down. "Pio, i do not think even you can stop a slaying here" she thought to herself. "young elves these are indeed, if they had seen even a fraction of what i have seen in my life time how very wise would they be."

she raised her face to look out the window. "the moon is high, i wonder, how many days it has been since i slept?"

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 02-14-2003, 07:08 AM   #556
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

"Can't sleep Rirrym?" a half-asleep vioce whispered from behind and to the right of Rym.

"Cromthal, why are you awake?" Rirrym half turned to look in the direction of the voice.

"Wondering what you are doing thundering aroud at this hour, that's what." Cromthal sounded somewhere between amused and annoyed.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you?" inquired Rirrym.

"No, no I wasn't completely asleep to begin with. What troubles you?"
Old 02-14-2003, 10:46 AM   #557
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
IMPORTANT NOTICE: RPG OPPORTUNITY

An elf walked into the room. He stepped towards the innkeeper and whispered something in his ear. The innkeeper nodded and the elf walked to the middle of the room. He grabbed a table and stepped on it.

"Here me, here me visitors of this fine establishment. There is a war going on in Lothlorien. I need a strong elf to report the happenings in Calas Galadhon. If you think you will be up to the task, give me a persenal message. I will be in a place called the Search for the Messenger RPG." The elf said towards all the guests.

"What a weird name for an inn." One of the guests remarked.

"I agree with you. But it is called that way." The elf said back.

The elf posted a note on the door before leaving. A man stood up and read the post out loud.

"I, Anuion, will be needing someone that is a good elf in heart. Thou will need to report the attack on Calas Galadhon. If you have good writing skills, send me a private message. I will be staying in The Search for the Lost Messenger RPG

Your sincerely,

Anuion the elf"

[ February 14, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
________
No2 Vaporizers

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 03:42 AM.
Old 02-14-2003, 11:05 AM   #558
Elladan Peredhil
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Rirrym shrugged. "I'm not really sure... I guess all the excitement earlier is just taking its toll now. I'll try and be a little quieter when I do feel tired." He let out a small sigh, knowing that dawn would soon arrive and not really wanting it to. Dawn would mean the possibility of leaving the inn, and even if he had made a companion that he knew he would have many adventures with in the future, a part of him still wanted to stay put for a while. 'Ah well,' he thought to himself. 'Best not to think about it until the time comes when a decision has to be made.' He let out a quiet sigh.

By now he could hear the steady breathing of slumber from Cromthal on the bed. The dog jumped off the bed, and Rirrym sat at the window scratching the dog behind the ears. "What's your name, little fella?" he whispered. The dog merely looked up at him, tail wagging. Rirrym stiffled a yawn. 'Maybe I can fall asleep now...' he wondered as he crawled back quietly to the chair and settled down once again for a few hours sleep. Before he could fall asleep, though, he felt a sudden weight on his legs, moving up to his chest. He opens an eye, only to receive a lick on the cheek. "Alright, you can sleep here if you like," Rirrym whispered to the furry beast with the hint of a chuckle in his voice. He gave one last yawn and went off to sleep.
Old 02-14-2003, 11:17 AM   #559
MyPreciousGollum
Pile O'Bones

MyPreciousGollum has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

A bartender walked up to the young man, and gave him an Ale. "Who are you? And what are you doing here?" he asked.

"I am Grondar, and I am from the fair land of Gondor. I am here on an errand, looking for a certain Halfling. His name is Baggins." the young man, now called Grondar, replied.

"Can't help you there Sir. I knew a Baggins once, he left a couple years back. He left for The Grey Havens. His name was Frodo. Anyway, drink your Ale, that pitcher won't drain itself."

[ February 14, 2003: Message edited by: MyPreciousGollum ]
Old 02-14-2003, 02:32 PM   #560
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Silmaril

“Shall we stop?” Niamh’s dark eyes flickered towards the inn up ahead.

“Yes. It has been a long time since we have been in the company of others and that place looks friendly enough”.

“Mylasia, where will Roman stay, surely he can not stay out in this rain”

“Fear not little sister, he will not”, Mylasia laughed, it filled the dark night with happiness. It eased Niamh’s heart to hear Mylasia’s laugh again. Not since they where children had she laughed, this placed seemed to ease both their spirits, and maybe they would not be considered as outcasts.

“I can see a stable”, Niamh pointed to a small building next to the Inn.

“You have the eyes of our father.”

“And you the wisdom of our mother”, Niamh knew when she said this Mylasia loved it, it gave Mylasia strength, and that is why Niamh said it often.

Mylasia whispered softly in Roman’s, he followed quickly. Niamh paced behind them wearily. Her keen eyes scouted the area, you could never be too careful. She had known that since birth.

The rain beat down on them. Their worn cloaks and tangled hair were violently thrown about in the wind. Roman trotted gracefully in the storm, a strong and loyal horse if there ever was one. As they neared the inn they heard laughing. Niamh’s heart stopped, could she go through with it? She hated the way people stared at them, some with awe, others with hate.

Mylasia tied Roman in the stable and came to stand next to her sister.

“You first”, smiled Niamh.

Mylasia opened the door, a bright glow filled Niamh’s eyes and the sound of people, people!

It felt like home.

[ February 14, 2003: Message edited by: Arien ]