The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-22-2006, 11:39 PM   #81
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
I know what you mean Fea. Something in that ginormous paragraph doesn't sit right with me either.

I can figure folks feuding former favors as they are flustered that the future is fleeting. Some have faith in friends, but now we have some evidence by expense of erstwhile Eomer.

Dreadfully discursive Shelob denotes why she declared declaring our dear deceased doctor doesn't deduce her as devious, but devout... but why so dire? Its day two! Can corruption contribute? Concerning my current conclusion, I consider cooling it... currently. I have not caught clues of colloquial calamidies just yet. But better than being benighted I'll try to be bent on blurt-outs.

Alack! After a goodnight's sleep. Afterall, an alert acrobat acknowledges more... Hopefully.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:55 PM   #82
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
So much has happened since last I looked! We lynched a wolf Yeah! but losing our Ranger the first night and an Ordo yesterday as well. I am not sure yet if the killing of Eomer had anything to do with the votes against him.

I just read Valesse's post and I can't help but notice the odd use of d's and c's I don't know if this is just sleepy word play or has some point to get across...not an acusation I just that it comical at the moment.

Well I don't know how to process all this yet, so I 'll have to sit on it for awhile. I can't believe that we got a wolf the first day though, that rocks! Now with the Ranger gone I hope the Seer and Hunter make good choices, so we can kill the wolves all quickly and rid our poor town of their horror.

Last edited by Valier; 01-22-2006 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Forgot to bold names
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 12:19 AM   #83
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
I can't help but notice the odd use of d's and c's I don't know if this is just sleepy word play or has some point to get across...not an acusation I just that it comical at the moment.
Silly sleepy word play. If you noticed I alliter..ated backwards from F to A!

(Val's very random and sleepy. Its late for her. ... and dead-set to speak in third person. )
Old 01-23-2006, 12:23 AM   #84
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
The trouble though, Valier, with that plan is that the Seer and the Hunter are nigh useless right about now.

The Seer has had limited dreams. S/he won't know much and won't risk coming forward if s/he is smart.

The Hunter is pretty darned useless anyhow, excepting that s/he die.

Basically, if anything happens quickly, it'll probably be bad.

Think on quick action from the Seer: s/he is revealed early, the Ranger is dead, the wolves kill him or her with very little gain for us.

Quick action from the Hunter means that there's been a quick death to the Hunter. At this point, the Hunter's probably got as good an idea as anyone for who to kill. Chances are high that any quick action regarding this role would result in two innocents dying.

While we don't want to drag this out, giving wolves the edge, we don't want to rush our gifted villagers into screwing up and we don't want to expect too much right away.

Laying low and watching people screw themselves up seems to be the best course of action right now. That and analyzing reasons that Eomer might have died. Either he let something slip that made the wolves wary, he was a random choice, or the wolves are trying for a set up. And looking for who voted Thinlo yesterDay. There might be a Benedict Arnold amongst the wolves that we should keep an eye on.

Expect more coherence and detail tomorrow afternoon. I have classes (on fingernail maintanance, of course) and responsibilities straight through until 4:00 PM (EST), but after that, I should be open for business.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:57 AM   #85
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
The trouble though, Valier, with that plan is that the Seer and the Hunter are nigh useless right about now.
I agree after some thought I don't think it would be wise for the seer to come out yet.If he/she finds a wolf in their dreams they should try and leave a vague hint. That might help if the seer gets killed before we have a chance of finding out.

I have done a small analysis of Eomer posts now because I have school tomorrow and probably won't have time

Post 1- Comments on Garin's quick vote.
Says to blame Fea if anything happens (or not?)
States to lynch Crombie because she called him a name?

Post2-Posts about lying strategy...?

Post3-Says he may be forced to vote for Shelob,Kath, or Mith for insulting his intellagence
States Garin's vote may "show us the light"

Post4-Tells Shelob it was a stupid strtegy and she is not off the hook
Lets off Mith

Post5-Says Tar,[B]Valier[/B[B]],Fea[/B],Wayne, and Thin, Made safe posts.

Post6-Talks to Shelob about safe votes
Sympathy for Thin being a loud mouth
Loved to play twister with Fea

Post7-Votes for Thin

Post 8- Does not trust Fea

I hope we can spot a pattern in his posts. That's all I have for now...Hmmm A couple of names come up alot.I don't know if that is significant, but we should look into it. Till tomorrow then..
Old 01-23-2006, 01:35 AM   #86
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Like Feanor (always a bad sign) I'm inclined to distrust Shelob. Her defence has a smack of desperation about it. Back to her anon.

As for why the wolves killed Eomer, methinks that his fatal mistake was in letting this slip:

"I'm already extremely important to the village. I'm the village doctor. Read into that."

Easy enough for a wolf to do just that; and, inexperienced enough not to fear a bluff, or bold enough to brave one, they struck. They thought they had the Ranger in their claws; by chance it was also Eomer who set in motion their comrade's fate, even as it was I who sealed it.

Now, cui bono, lords and ladies? What do we think the wolves did yesterday?

By my understanding, no less than two-Thinlomien and Shelob-fell into a trap purposely laid by Feanor, not called for nothing a siren who lures unfortunates to bewailed doom. Luckily for us, she lured two wolves.

She had spotted the Ranger clue, but thought the wolves might not, if you ask me. Evidently however they did. I would suggest that

1. They only noticed it retrospectively in the Night

2. (more likely) The third wolf, a Third Man esque mystery figure, was wise to the Ranger hint. How they must have groaned to see their companions blithely follow Fea's bait! Presumably they voted for Eonwe in between writing a missive to Barad-Dur to send them some more competent packmates...

Anyway, by this thesis Shelob is furry, whatever the poor damsel in question says.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:13 AM   #87
tar-ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

tar-ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
Ooh, that's one naked Seer tonight.

I'd like to weigh in on the reasons for Eomer's death. I think that one of two things happened: Either the wolves picked up on Eomer's Ranger hint (as Fea, Anguirel, and I also did--why do people DO that so early in the game?), or they were simply trying to get rid of a vocal, perceptive villager who was likely to catch them out sooner or later. If that's the case, Fea, Anguirel, watch your backs!

Now, as to Shelob:

Several people have pointed out that there is something very askew about her post of earlier today. I'm going to copy the whole troublesome paragraph and highlight the relevant passages:

Quote:
Finally, and while it's dangerous for me to suggest it, I'm going to assume that a wolf didn't vote for Eomer yesterday. I know, I know, you're all thinking "Well of course She'd say that, She voted for him." But if you'll take a moment to think about it (or read the rest of this paragraph, whatever works for you) it makes some sense. Our immediate reaction is going to be to think "Who wanted Eomer Dead?" or "Who was opposed to Eomer?" and the first names to come to mind would be those who voted for him. Now, for a wolf to voluntarily put themselves into that possition means they feel very confident that the Bluff/Double-Bluff will work and that suspicion will be cast upon an innocent who happens to also be an answer to those questions. Given that there are a limited number of people who voted for Eomer (namely 2, myself and Fea[even if she changed it later]) if one of us were a wolf there'd be pretty much a 50/50 chance of us persuading people to vote for the other. With one wolf down already 50/50 are not good odds for a remaining wolf. It, therefore, seems more likely that no wolf voted for Eomer yesterday and that Fea and I are being set up to look wolvish.
But Shelob, dear, you're just dead wrong! There were THREE votes for Eomer before Fea's retraction, not two, and the third one that you're inexplicably omitting from your analysis is THINLOMIEN!

I can't for the life of me figure out why you'd make such an argument, when in my mind the truth is so much more flattering to you! Thin voted for Eomer after you did. We know Thin was a wolf. With the field wide open on the first day, what wolf would hop on a bandwagon WITH ANOTHER WOLF? A bandwagonny vote like the one for Eomer yesterday stands out enough on the first day; killing him that very night makes it stand out more.

If I were you I'd be shouting far and wide that Thin's vote tends to exonerate you. But that's just me. And the fact that you're not shouting it REALLY worries me. Care to comment?

Anguirel, I don't think you're giving Thinlomien enough credit. But still, Shelob's vote for Eomer and her misinformation-laden post of earlier today do demand some explanation.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:30 AM   #88
Gandalf_the _white
Wight

Location: In crazy captions waving an angry fist at the outside world
Gandalf_the _white has just left Hobbiton.
Sorry i'm only just posting but i couldn't get near a computer
So the rangers gone but so has a wolf, i am really getting confused reading through the posts but i'll re-read and i'll post again later
Gandalf_the _white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:29 AM   #89
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
well when you think about it a wolf would not be dumb anogh to vote for someone and then kill them at the next night it would be stupid. I was going to vote for thin but i lost track of time and forgot to. I didnt think they would kill a gifted that fast now they want the hunter and seer. This is my suspicion.
1. gandalf
2.tar
3.fea
4.shelob
5.valier
6.kath
7.mith
8.anguirel
9.valesse
10.roa
11.crombie
12.garin
13.wayne
I have to go to school now i have no time to explain. good bye.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:34 AM   #90
AbercrombieOfRohan
Shade of Carn Dûm

AbercrombieOfRohan has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to AbercrombieOfRohan
Well, something funky is happening to my computer, because according to it Valier has posted everything that Tar said, and no one else has posted at all. So forgive me if my quoting is a bit off.

As Valier/Tar/ Anguirel/Fea (I believe) said, Shelob's forgotten Thinlomien from her uber-analysis, and so as not to repeat their suspicions, I'll just say that I agree whole-heartedly and leave it at that. Oh, and as I said on day 1, if Shelob survives the first night, she's a wolf.

The only other person I'm suspicious of right now is Garin. First he made an early vote for Anguirel (who seems pretty innocent in my eyes right now.) And later when I voted for him (on the first day, mind you {Jes, you Garin}, with precious little to go on) he jumped on me and vehemently accused me of wolvery. And this isn't just retribution because he's suspicious of me, it just seems that like his pal Shelob, he was far too defensive for his own good.

I'd like to hear more from Gandalf and Wayne (don't forget that if the day hadn't ended late, Wayne nor Gandalf would have voted), but since that's usually impossible I'll leave my wishes and not press them further.
AbercrombieOfRohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:40 AM   #91
AbercrombieOfRohan
Shade of Carn Dûm

AbercrombieOfRohan has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to AbercrombieOfRohan
Quote:
well when you think about it a wolf would not be dumb anogh to vote for someone and then kill them at the next night it would be stupid.
Why Wayne? It could've been a double bluff.

Quote:
Originally posted by Wayne Yesterday
++fea
well thats my vote good bye.
Quote:
Originally posted by Wayne Today
I was going to vote for thin but i lost track of time and forgot to.
That's a bit inconsistant to what actually happened, or do you mean, you would've changed your vote?

And, prithee, why is Tar at the top of your list? So far everything that she's posted has made perfect sense.

Last edited by AbercrombieOfRohan; 01-23-2006 at 06:42 AM. Reason: figuring out how to use this darn computer
AbercrombieOfRohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:56 AM   #92
Gandalf_the _white
Wight

i suppose it is only natural that wayne finds me suspicious because i haven't posted a lot, the only reason for this is my inability to get to a computer and see if the game had started
being very in-experienced at games of werewolf a probaly won't be able to pick up on things as quickly as the rest of you but i will try my best.
I don't know if wayne has my problems with access to a computer but he doesn't seem to have posted much either, this could be because he is a wolf and is trying not to draw attention to himself or ( as i put above) he shares my problem about not being able to always get at a computer
Old 01-23-2006, 07:29 AM   #93
tar-ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

give me the raw data, please!

As Ms. ofRohan has rightly noted, Wayne, you did vote. What do you mean, you would have voted for Thin but ran out of time? Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

Since there seem to be several discussions going on regarding the voting record, I'll post it in its entirety as I understand it. (Someone please, please feel free to transcribe it into a nifty, easy-to-read format if you've got one!)

These are the votes from yesterday in order. The numbers indicate the running total of votes for that person, if more than one.

Anguirel-->Gandalf_the_white
Garin-->Anguirel
eonwe-->Valier
Mithalwen-->eonwe
Eomer-->Thinlomien
Fea-->Eomer
Shelob-->Eomer 2
Thinlomien-->Eomer 3
Valier-->Wayne
me-->Thinlomien 2
Abercrombie-->Garin
Kath-->eonwe
Fea--> RETRACTS Eomer 2
Fea-->Fea
Roa_Aoife-->Shelob
Valesse-->eonwe 3
Anguirel-->RETRACTS Gandalf
Anguirel-->Thinlomien 3
Wayne-->Fea 2
Gandalf_the_white no vote

Corrections? Amendments?

Now, the Harper's Index of the Day 1 voting:

Everyone voted but Gandalf.

Fea and Anguirel retracted.

Other than eonwe and Thinlomien, the following people received votes:

Eomer, Fea, Wayne, Garin, Shelob, Anguirel, Valier

That means that the following people didn't receive votes:

tar-ancalime, Valesse, Roa_Aoife, Kath, Ms. ofRohan, Mithalwen

Make of this what you will!

All I've got so far is that Wayne is being dishonest about his vote--if he wanted to vote for Thinlomien it wouldn't have taken any more time to do that than it did to vote for Fea (for all intents and purposes a throwaway vote so late in the day). By the time he got around to voting Thinlomien was already a dead wolf, so to speak, so another vote for her would have served only the purpose of saving eonwe. An innocent. The more I think about this Wayne situation the less comfortable I am with him. Care to explain yourself, Mr. Goblin?
Old 01-23-2006, 07:38 AM   #94
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Sorry this will be short but due to a superslow lunchtime connection it has taken me a whole hour to catch up.

I am sorry about Eonwe but it seemed a reasonable choice at the time.

Well done for getting Thinlomion.

Another reason for the Seer to be discreet is that Eomer was a likely choice for a dream - If I were the Seer I would probably have chosen first from this group Eomer, Fea, Kath and Ang... probably in that order as they are the most experienced players.

I am none the wiser now. I never know what to think about Fea.

I need to look again... but I do have to get back to work,

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 07:43 AM   #95
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
NB Tar Ancalime from her vote would look innocent. However she could be a very clever wolf. The only thing that might look suspicious is her hilighting of the voting patterns...but someone would have done that anyway. At the moment I am opting for still thinking her a very likely innocent.

Old 01-23-2006, 07:45 AM   #96
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

If I was the Seer I'd have dreamed of Mith, Fea, tar-ancalime, Kath...

But then I'm a gallant squire...

I am tempted by the slight feeling against Garin but horribly aware that my thoughts may be tainted by his rather irritating Day One vote for me, where I felt I was being targetted for having the guts to talk where all stood silent...

I intend to analyse the Eonwe voters in a while-it makes sense that at least one and conceivably two wolves are among them...
Old 01-23-2006, 07:46 AM   #97
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tar-ancalime
Either the wolves picked up on Eomer's Ranger hint (as Fea, Anguirel, and I also did--why do people DO that so early in the game?)
Hold up! Quick correction: while I saw Eomer's hint, I didn't take it for what it was. I assumed he was merely being himself and that he wouldn't be dumb enough to be so obvious if he actually was important. I mean seriously... the Ranger can't protect himself. I figured that either he was a wolf that was messing with everybody, the Hunter, or a bluffing Ordo. Seer didn't go through my head (I can't think of many that would be that lax about keeping it hush hush). Ranger definately didn't go through my head. So while I voted for him, it actually was a bit of randomness based on the fact that I figured he was either an ordo or a wolf and either way, it wouldn't be so bad if he died. At least not as bad as if I'd accidentally gotten the ranger or seer lynched.

It was only after the band-wagoning that I started to fret.

Off to classes... don't do anything stupid while I'm gone.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:49 AM   #98
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Also: If I were Seer (since we're compiling lists), I'd dream of:

Fea (this is if I were a Seer in a game I was in)
Eomer (I know him too well to trust him)
Mithalwen (a powerful ally if you know she's on your side)
Anguirel (tricksy if he's on the other side)
Old 01-23-2006, 07:59 AM   #99
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
Anguirel (tricksy if he's on the other side)
Alas, lady Fea, that definitively indicts you as a wolf! My only area of expertise is as a Gifted Villager. Anything else and I am, in Lalaith's words, a complete liability...

That's why I don't like the No Frills villages...
Old 01-23-2006, 08:16 AM   #100
tar-ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
If I was the Seer I'd have dreamed of Mith, Fea, tar-ancalime, Kath...

But then I'm a gallant squire...
Four dreams in only two nights? But that adds up to...good heavens! Two at once?

Ah, the exuberance of youth.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:57 AM   #101
Gandalf_the _white
Wight

i don't know if i'll be able to get to a computer later so i might vote now i'll probaly vote for ++Wayne
if not posting for a while makes me look suspicious surely the same can be said for him
Old 01-23-2006, 09:28 AM   #102
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Eye

At the moment I am concentrating my sights on Garin and the three Eonwe voters. I mean, it's so suspicious to vote for someone whose name is an anagram of "woe, ne..."

They were, to wit

Mithalwen, Kath and Valesse

Consider Fea an honorary suspect. However, it will be a real shame if she's lynched since she's such a diversion from the ghastliness coalescing around us, so for the moment she gets away with it.

I'm prepared to settle for the resident Goblin Actor but, as some have become a judge of wines, I have become a judge of Waynes and don't particularly believe him guilty this time. Though admittedly hanging him, guilty or not, can be quite satisfying on stressful evenings...

And I'm still not satisfied with Shelob. Despite a fine defence by tar-ancalime.

Garin-An extremely unyielding, doctrinaire approach typical of a wolf but recently whelped, but also of a villager glancing frantically in every direction. The crucial thing about his behaviour yesterday was that he had the bit between his teeth; he stuck to his position. Most of the wolves I've seen tend to be more darting and rapier-like in approach. However, ironically, gathering votes in a retractable village requires far more bloody-minded stubbornness than in a non-retractable village. You no longer have the "my vote is precious and I need to conserve it" excuse. I think he really wanted me down and was hoping to scratch together a bandwagon.

Mithalwen-Her position as the first Eonwe voter absolves her of much opprobrium. She was wrong, but not in a wolvish kind of way-she was taking a shot in the dark and got unlucky, I feel. If she was a wolf she might have bungled it a bit more. Her noble soul doesn't take well to the side of evil and I could imagine her falling into the Eomer ploy.

Kath-converted the Eonwe movement from a possibility to a bandwagon, and did so on the specious grounds of spelling (I agree with her, but I don't think it's a valid argument, otherwise I'd vote for Wayne every day.) Usual technique of quietness; analysis perhaps slightly less deep than usual.

Valesse-made the bandwagon the dominant one. Could just have been in a pressurised innocent mindset. Spat with Eomer still, to her credit, did not lead to a vote for him. For her in particular, an Eonwe vote seems like the lesser of a few weevils...however, reasoning for vote extremely vague. Probably just a frightened villager as far as I can see...

So; I seem to be suspecting Garin, Shelob and Kath most, in that order.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:30 AM   #103
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shelob has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
the third one that you're inexplicably omitting from your analysis is THINLOMIEN!
Because Thin's dead, I was speaking in terms of voting today and taking it for granted that no one would be voting for Thin. Though if you wish to vote for her be my guest, it's possibly the safest vote one could have.

Quote:
what wolf would hop on a bandwagon WITH ANOTHER WOLF?
A very dumb one so far as I'm concerned. Esp. on the first day when you can basically vote anyway you want. Jumping on a bandwagon's not always the brightest of things, but for a wolf to jump on so soon after another (and remember, whether you think I'd seen Fea's or not there were three votes IN A ROW) is just plain stupid. It draws attention to the wolf who joins on, and the one they're joining. Placing two wolves in danger.

Quote:
A bandwagonny vote like the one for Eomer yesterday stands out enough on the first day; killing him that very night makes it stand out more.
Which is exactly why it's unlikely that Fea and I are wolves. The Wolves don't want to draw attention to themselves. Instead they want to keep the spotlight-of-death off themselves. So what better way to do that than to shove innocents (and the more the better) into said light.

Quite frankly, If I'm a wolf at this point I probably deserve to die. I would successively managed to get myself into a wonderful position from which, chances are, I'll never recover. However, I'll ask this: DON'T FOCUS ON ME TODAY!

Just don't spend the entire day asking "is she a werewolf?" "does that look suspicous to you?" and so on, ABOUT ME. Kill me later if you want, but if you spend the whole day discussing killing me the real wolves don't have to do anything to hide. Talk about other people, the more the better. Put people under pressure so that wolves are more likely to slip up.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:32 AM   #104
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tar's was a defence? hmm...maybe I should go fully wake up before continuing, I took it as more stones being slung my way... Appologies then Tar if that's the case.

And in either case, I'm going to go get coffee...or tea...or something...
Old 01-23-2006, 09:34 AM   #105
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelob
Which is exactly why it's unlikely that Fea and I are wolves. The Wolves don't want to draw attention to themselves. Instead they want to keep the spotlight-of-death off themselves. So what better way to do that than to shove innocents (and the more the better) into said light.
There's a certain amount of personality involved too. I wouldn't be averse to drawing attention to myself even if I was a wereiguana in the employ of the Dunedain Intelligence Services.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:51 AM   #106
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

well, arguably there's a difference between "attention" and the "spotlight-of-death". Yesterday Eomer drew alot of attention, but Thin and Eonwe drew the spotlight-of-death. I used attention to mean spotlight-of-death, which isn't really the best way to avoid confusion.

Wereiguana huh? That's an interesting image...
Old 01-23-2006, 09:55 AM   #107
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Garin has just left Hobbiton.
My inexplicable vote for Anguirell quickly followed his/her appeal for everyone to make a random vote. Mind, you Anguirell then placed an unexplained vote for Gandalf I think. Anguirell early participation and a call for random votes could be a perfect cover for a wolf. "After all, don't blame me if an innocent goes down for I was only doing the first day shot in the dark." As far as AbercrombieOfRohan, I apologize for making fun of your name (linking you to a certain brand name) but it seems wolfish of you to call out how inexplicable my vote was when I simply answering a call for unqualified votes by one of our fellow 'villagers.'
I still refuse to cast a retribution vote so I will continue with another 'random' vote.
Ang's defensive reaction to to my calling his/her bluff raises my suspicion a great deal. (Please, note I put random in quotes, intimating irony.)
I can tell you that I am indeed innocent, in fact, I have no special role. All I can do is to wait around and wait for the more idiotic villagers to lynch me or the wolves to feast upon me. I think if the two fur balls have sense my death will be delayed for a few days because I think I have raised the ire of at least one of them.
++Anguirell

I am a sick man ... I am a spiteful man. I am an unpleasant man. I think my liver is diseased.

Fyodor Dostoevsky "Notes From the Underground"
Garin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:03 AM   #108
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Was that a bit of negative psychology? I think it may have worked. I suspect you slightly less.

However, you might have placed a bit more stress on the fact that your first vote for me was a random one in accordance with my (pretty flawed) Day 1 strategy. And you were foolish to snap at your detractors later.

You may well be an innocent in deep, icy water of Forochel filled with were-sharks.

Let's play Suspect vs Suspect. Shelob, what do you think of Garin? Garin, what do you think of Shelob?

Oh and by the way, for future reference my name is Anguirel, not Anguirell which sounds too musclebound or Anguriel which sounds too effeminate. And I'm just about male. That alright, Garni m'lady?
Old 01-23-2006, 10:24 AM   #109
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

It might be a little ex post facto but Anguirel noticed something I did (about not doing...) before making my vote yesterday. This may serve to get me accused, but its tricksy and disturbing.

In all honesty I voted for Eonwe because of her use of the word "winnow" the very post after I had mentioned it. Mind I don't figure winnow to be a very common word, afterall, and her chosen usage seemed a bit biting. In all it made me feel uncomfortable as if she were trying to frame me for wolvery, something I've seen before in games of this kind.

I had planned to vote for her at that point be decided to watch for anyone else to rouse my suspicions more. Obviously I ended up being wrong.

I'll admit it doesn't sound too innocent of a reason, but there it is. Now what bothers me is Shelob has also used "stones... slung" which was a colloquialism I rewarded for alitteration. Again... this really really bothers me because I see no reason for the original version NOT to be used. I'm paranoid. Very paranoid, but one has to be in these dark times.

Then again... I could be just so smegging awesome everyone wants to sound like me.

Wary as I am, I was wrong last time and for that feel ghastly irresponsible in my voting practice. There are several suspicious people about saying very suspicious things. When I get back from practicing with Wayne (I want this whole mess cleaned up..!) (--I'll be in classes--) I will see what hurt I have just now done to myself, and cast my vote and suspicions.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:24 AM   #110
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shield

I was impressed by Eomer's dialogue. It seemed reasoned an unwolfish. Example:
Quote:
Shelob, I understand your concerns. However, in my experience, I have found that villages would much rather lynch loudmouths or extremely quiet people, or those who cast outstanding votes. I think the 'safe' posters do get away with it.
There was nothing in Eomer's dialogue that raised my suspicion and I don't see why anyone voted for her. Shelob's vote was not a random vote but a vote against an innocent participating in reasonable dialogue. A veteran innocent, even, and a surefire threat to the wolves.
I suspect Shelob as I look at past posts but will not change my vote just yet although I wish I had changed it yesterday and let Thin go alone. I wasn't following near the end so I awoke to the the unsettling double-lynch. I normally oppose double-lynches and probably would have broke the tie if I had been around.
Actually, now that I look at Ang's vote.
--Anguirel ++Shelob
However Abercrombie is not out of the woods.

I am a sick man ... I am a spiteful man. I am an unpleasant man. I think my liver is diseased.

Last edited by Garin; 01-23-2006 at 10:38 AM.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:40 AM   #111
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
I still refuse to cast a retribution vote so I will continue with another 'random' vote.
++Anguirell
How random is that? You voted for Anguirel yesterday.

Maybe I'm just about to see this in a different light, and find your game strategy new and foreign to me? But so soon you change you vote... hmm. Just as citizens speculate Shelob. And here I was thinking I had figured the -- (I'll give you a hint: It rhymes.)

I'm not sure what to think of you, Garin, but I'm doing a great deal of it none-the-less. And if you don't mind my mentioning... Abercrombie is standing right here with the rest of us here fine folks. We're all in the woods together.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:43 AM   #112
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

Garin, they're probably harping on you a lot because you voted for Ang right after Ang posted. Had you voted for anyone else then only the early timing of your vote would have drawn notice.

Quote:
Let's play Suspect vs Suspect. Shelob, what do you think of Garin? Garin, what do you think of Shelob?
Here's another idea, let's play suspect versus accuser, you up for that Mr. Inquisitor?

Quote:
I wouldn't be averse to drawing attention to myself
Excellent, so now you can't say "but I'm talkative, ergo I'm no wolf". You yourself have said that you wouldn't mind drawing attention.

Quote:
At the moment I am concentrating my sights on Garin and the three Eonwe voters...I seem to be suspecting Garin, Shelob and Kath most
That was quite the turnaround there, and all in one post. Somehow you've managed to accuse the only person to vote for you, and three who voted for a now known innocent at the begining of your spiel, and by the end have dropped two of those who voted for said innocent while adding me to your list.

Quote:
[of Fea] that definitively indicts you as a wolf!
And yet she appears nowhere on your later lists, if she's "definitively" a wolf you'd think you'd pay more attention to her. Unless labeling people as wolves has descended to the level of a joke...in which case we may as well give up the hunt now and let the wolves take us all.

Quote:
If I was the Seer
Actually, it's "If I were", maybe this "definitively indicts you as a wolf!"

Quote:
no less than two-Thinlomien and Shelob
So once again you've got someone you feel certain is a wolf...and yet later I'm only second on your list of suspicious persons. Tell me, if you're so sure I'm a wolf shouldn't I be first on your list of suspicious people? And wouldn't it make more sense to press other people (Garin for example, since he's now highest on your list, or Fea whom you also said is obviously) a wolf.

Finally, isn't it odd that the two people you've stated are obviously wolves are the two people we're clearly being made to focus on? It seems a little strange to me that you're either dumb enough to fall into that trap, or dumb enough to keep pressuring it, trying to make people believe it, as it were.

Now, now, not to accuse you friend Ang, not directly anyway...but there's enough there for me to feel fine voting for you....

As for Garin, I'll note he fell for it.
Quote:
but will not change my vote just yet...now that I look at Ang's vote...Abercrombie is not out of the woods.
Three things. Firstly, thanks, "will not change my vote, oh what they hey". Appreciate it. Appreciate more you taking my advice to put more people under pressure. Secondly, Ang's vote? from yesterday? because unless I'm mistaken Ang hasn't voted yet today. Thirdly, where did Abers come from? You'd mentioned her once, with no grand stress to finding her wolfish, and now she's a cantidate for your vote?

Hey, guess when I started typing this? That's right, imediately after post 107, 45 odd minutes ago! At least I've been keeping myself updated on what's happened in said time...
Old 01-23-2006, 10:52 AM   #113
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Oh fair Shelob, that was beautiful. I'll get back to you on it; eighteen minutes won't do it justice...
Old 01-23-2006, 10:58 AM   #114
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Valesse: How random is that? You voted for Anguirel yesterday.
That is why I put random in quotes. It was to note its ironicalness. Yeahh, it's a 'real word,' look it up.
Shelob, maybe I did fall for a lupine trick to change a vote but last time I checked Ang voted for Thin.
Edit: Which was yesterday, and that is what I meant to say. Sorry, if it confused anyone.
Abercrombie voted for me on day one, because she was baffled by my vote for Ang.
I didn't care for her reasoning, and since I KNOW I'm an untalented, innocent, I suspect any of my detractors.

Last edited by Garin; 01-23-2006 at 11:04 AM.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:03 AM   #115
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

So you are going from Yesterdays vote? just to be clear...

And you could fall for the lupine trick whether Ang was a wolf or no, he could still just be another innocent who fell for it too...in any case you voted in the most immediate-gut-reaction way possible...though admitedly after voting and retracting said vote for Ang.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:05 AM   #116
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

see EDIT above

Old 01-23-2006, 11:32 AM   #117
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

Actually, I've decided that so long as I'm here (aka: speaking, and taking part in the discussions) you all can't help but spend the day focusing on me. Since it really is beneficial for everyone (except the wolves) for as many people as possible to be under pressure (and therefore likely to slip etc) I'm going to spend a fair chunk of time silent. I'll still check in once and a while to read what's going on, but I won't say anything unless it's really, really important. I'll come back with enough time before voting to discuss again, but otherwise I want you people to be free to discuss others without being distracted by me.

I understand if you decide you want me dead, and I understand if you vote for me. But I ask again that you at least consider other people, put them under pressure, consider who would have gained from Eomer's death. Whatever else you can do, do it.

With that: the rest is, for a while anyways, silence.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:51 AM   #118
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
There's a certain amount of personality involved too. I wouldn't be averse to drawing attention to myself even if I was a wereiguana in the employ of the Dunedain Intelligence Services.
So true. I'd have no qualms about saying "I'm a wolf. You should lynch me before I kill you all in your sleep and win and yell Mwhahahaha!"

Which is probably a bad thing to say, but it's a good example.

Instead of saying "What would wolves do?", say to yourself "How would so-and-so be acting, do I think, if s/he was a wolf?"

We know each other fairly well in this village... take advantage of it.

In any case, I kind of like Anguirel. Not saying I trust him, but I don't actively distrust him either. Or maybe I'd just like to keep him around in order to acquire more fun new sigs. I think I'm leaning toward the latter.

I still don't like Shelob, though I have no plausible reason for it.

Mithalwen is flying under the radar, but she's got a life, like the rest of us. She's probably just busy. Like me.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:52 AM   #119
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Forgive me for another short post - I am clueless and sick and more confused all the time. However I fear that wolves may be laughing as righteously indignant innocents talk each other to the gallows.....

But who to vote for....... I may be able to get back online but Imay have to make a provisional vote soon

Old 01-23-2006, 11:58 AM   #120
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Double post because crosspost with Fea..... I posted in lunchtime and I have posted as soon as my work finished a few minutes ago. I managed a sneaky glimpse or two between times. Remember the timezones.

I really don't know what to think ... and - well see the other thread