The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Books
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2002, 05:02 PM   #1
Feanor_of_the_Noldor

Sting Maps of Middle Earth & Beleriand

I have a question on the maps of Middle Earth and beleriand. I ran across a map on some website which showed the entire lands of middle earth and placed beleriand just north of the lands in which the lord of the rings takes place. This map is the only i have seen of its kind and i was wondering if this was an actual map or just something that somone made up. I have always wondered where exactly Beleriand was in reference to Eriador, Arnor, Gondor, and all the others in LOTR. At the end of the silmarillion it says that after the war of wrath much of the land was destroyed or changed. does this mean that beleriand was no more or that it was changed into the likeness which we see commonly on maps in the LOTR?
Old 04-30-2002, 05:22 PM   #2
Lindolirian
World's Tallest Hobbit

Lindolirian has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

This is a really good map of the two put together: http://img-fan.theonering.net/middle...s/combomap.jpg

its rather big but it shows well where the Lands Under Wave and the rest of Middle Earth are.