The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-27-2004, 06:05 PM   #441
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Question

Quote:
I have finally completed my collection of little LotR figurines from Kindereggs!
Kindereggs? What would those be Miss Estylyn? I missed something..... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 12:55 PM   #442
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

Kindereggs are small egg-sized chocolates, milk on the outside, white on the inside. Inside the hollow egg is a small toy or game. As far as I know, they're an exclusively European product, originally from Germany. They'll run series of specific toys, and people will try to collect them. I didn't know they had an LOTR set...... I wish I still lived in Europe so that I could get some. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

You know what? I love Mip.
Luthien_ Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 01:10 PM   #443
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

Quote:
I have finally completed my collection of little LotR figurines from Kindereggs!
They have LOTR figurines in those things!? I'm gonna have to start eating more of them. Mmmmm, they're very tasty indeed. By the way, they have Kindereggs in the states and Canada too, thats why I can eat them.
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 01:24 PM   #444
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

Kindereggs in America? Really? Where??
Old 01-28-2004, 03:10 PM   #445
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Aren't they? I always assumed so because if they have them in Canada, the states must have them to, right? I'm also assuming that the kindereggs are those Kinder suprise things right? The description is the same. Chocolate egg, little toy inside...am I right?
always eating chicken?
Old 01-28-2004, 04:13 PM   #446
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

That's right, they're hollow chocolate eggs (their name in Germany translates as children's surprise eggs) with toys and figurines inside. Usually, I'm not interested, since most figurines are cutsie kiddie stuff, but once in awhile, they have a series connected with some movie or comic (Star Wars or Asterix, for example). In this case, they have had a series for the LotR movie release the past three years.

I know that the figurines aren't always the same - different countries have different series, so it's possible that other European countries or Canada don't have them. Check with collectors or try the internet for information.

The problem with these little things is that you never know what's inside - it could be a figurine, or it could be a worthless toy. The chances of getting a figurine are only one in seven, so you have to buy a lot of chocolate eggs to get the figurines you want! Collectors develop tricks, like shaking to see if it's something with little parts, or weighing to see if it's heavy enough for a figurine. Even if you average better than the norm, chances are you get double of one and none of the other. That's why buying them from a trader's stand, from a collector's site or E-bay is a surer bet.

The links I posted show them close-up - they're only 2 - 3 inches high, for the most part.

It'll be interesting to hear if they've been issued in other countries as well!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 04:24 PM   #447
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Wow, I never knew people took them so seriously!? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] But a hobbie's a hobby I suppose. I think you're right about the different country, different toy thing Estelyn. I've never seen figurines, only "worthless toys" as you put it. Worthless indeed, I love putting them together, then adding the stickers and finally trying them out, realising they don't work and throwing them away. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 5:26 PM January 28, 2004: Message edited by: Ainaserkewen ]
always eating chicken?
Old 01-28-2004, 05:25 PM   #448
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Interesting. I've never heard of Kindereggs before. Sigh...another reason to go on ebay... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Happy Anniversary, Ainaserkewen ! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
(and happy 23rd birthday, little Mr. Wood.... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] )
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 01-29-2004, 08:55 PM   #449
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
I've never seen figurines, only "worthless toys" as you put it. Worthless indeed, I love putting them together, then adding the stickers and finally trying them out, realising they don't work and throwing them away.
When I was in Europe, I only bought one (I got a little Kangaroo). I had seen the figures on the internet before, but didn't realize that the eggs were connected to them in some way. I was also there in the summer, so they were not really doing the LOTR promotion at the time.

I think the reason that they don't have them in the U.S. is that they are edible eggs with toys in them. And in the U.S. that is considered a choaking hazard. But, yes, I have never seen them in a store here. They may be avaliable at specialty food stories, but I have only seen them in Europe.
Old 01-29-2004, 11:13 PM   #450
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Quote:
I think the reason that they don't have them in the U.S. is that they are edible eggs with toys in them. And in the U.S. that is considered a choaking hazard.
That may be true, but they do have something called "Wonderballs" here in the States, which is a bit similar. They all have Disney related things in them though, to the best of my knowledge...and stickers or toys, if I remember rightly. For choking hazards they usually have a warning like "ages 3 and up" on the box or something like that.
Old 01-30-2004, 06:00 PM   #451
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

EEEP! Today I got this in my email:

Quote:
Subj: Order Update
Date: 1/30/2004 12:31:45 PM Pacific Standard Time
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Suilad!

This is an update on your order STA012604. We are preparing to ship your
Sting to you on Monday, February 2nd. We will email you with shipping
confirmation Monday afternoon.
Thank you!

Not All Who Wander are Lost
Ginger Wages
The Mithril Armoury
LOTR Officially Licensed Arms, Armour, Flags, Banners, and Costumes www.mithrilarmoury.com
9 AM - 6 PM (EST) Monday - Friday
1 800 322 8215 pin 12
Old 01-30-2004, 07:24 PM   #452
Rilwen Gamgee

Rilwen Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Today, while shopping at a Naval Exchange, I saw "LotR" party table sets (the downside is I didn't buy any [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] )! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

- Hats with 2 Hobbits (I can't remember which)
- Invitations with Pippin and Merry
- Small plates with Frodo, Sam, and Gollum
and many more favors.

(There might have been a big plate with Saruman or Gandalf on it, hiding in the back of the shelf, but I'm not sure.)

Congratulations, Samwise! You will be getting your Sting soon enough! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Rilwen Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 08:21 PM   #453
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Wow, Miss Rilwen, that definitely sounds like fun. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Yup! My Sting is coming! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

StingiscomingStingiscomingStingiscomingStingiscomi ng....
Old 01-30-2004, 11:24 PM   #454
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Sting

I just recieved an incredible gift from an incredible Hobbit!

Helen sent me 8 CD's of Tolkien and Middle-Earth music! Just the thing to listen to while renovating my flet!
Old 02-05-2004, 05:38 PM   #455
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]EEEEEEEE! Got this in my email today!!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Quote:
Subj: Sting has Shipped!
Date: 2/5/2004 1:45:13 PM Pacific Standard Time
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Greetings!

Sting has shipped! We shipped it to you today via the USPS courtesy of
PostNet. Sting should arrive within 5 - 7
shipping days. Thank you so much!

Not All Who Wander are Lost
Ginger Wages
The Mithril Armoury
LOTR Officially Licensed Arms, Armour, Flags, Banners, and Costumes www.mithrilarmoury.com
9 AM - 6 PM (EST) Monday - Friday
1 800 322 8215 pin 12
MyStingiscomingMyStingiscomingMyStingiscoming....! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2004, 03:53 PM   #456
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
These are the pictures of the stained glass lamp that my dad made me! It's an awesome lamp and he and I designed it together with some help from Weta and other artists.

For the individual lamp panels:

http://joshuanitschke.saber-x.com/im...p01_bagend.JPG
http://joshuanitschke.saber-x.com/im...amp02_tree.JPG
http://joshuanitschke.saber-x.com/im...amp03_ring.JPG
http://joshuanitschke.saber-x.com/im...mp04_horse.JPG
http://joshuanitschke.saber-x.com/im...amp05_swan.JPG
http://joshuanitschke.saber-x.com/im...06_tolkien.JPG
http://joshuanitschke.saber-x.com/im...mp07_leaf1.JPG
http://joshuanitschke.saber-x.com/im...mp08_leaf2.JPG

The blue grey border represents the Grey Havens while the brown above the Leaf of Lorien represents the paths that the Fellowship traveled.

Last edited by Imladris; 02-12-2004 at 04:50 PM.
Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 04:40 PM   #457
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Imladris, that lamp is absolutely awesome!! Congratulations to you and your dad on a great design, and it looks like his craftsmanship is wonderful! Thanks for showing it to us. What a fantastic, unique collectible!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 02-12-2004, 08:26 PM   #458
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

WOW, indeed! Very awesome!

*clears throat*
IAMNOWTHEPROUDOWNEROFTHESPIDER'SBANE!!!!!!!!!!!

WHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! It came!!!!!!! And
, there are several pictures of me in my camera
with it, toooooo! It's soooooo beautiful--but, it's SHARP!
Already cut a hole in my bedsheet with the tip. ("OOPS." ala Elijah
Wood in Spy Kids 3).

To my surprise, my Dad liked it. Dunno why I was concerned. When he saw it, the first thing he said was that he'd make a shadowbox for it, but when he saw the plaque it's supposed to be mounted on, he said it wouldn't work. Bummer. Still not quite sure where on my wall it's going to go.

And may I say, before I, to borrow the phrase, "take my leave":

WWWHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO ! ! !
Old 02-12-2004, 08:29 PM   #459
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Haha! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just hoping that if I win my archery tournament, my parents will let me buy Legolas's bow and arrows! Might be a sort of motivational collectible!
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 03:23 PM   #460
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

ARRRRGH! I wish this pic was better!!! Anywhoo:
Attached Images
File Type: gif the+sting+and+i.gif (7.0 KB, 542 views)
Old 02-15-2004, 09:09 PM   #461
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Wow... that's...very... purple.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Old 02-15-2004, 10:18 PM   #462
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

LOL.....it most definitely is, Miss Finwe.... and that by request. A young lady who inhabits my own Little LOTR Discussion Board made the dress, and our own Elf lady Raefindel made the cloak. Sorry, purple's one of my favorite colors.
Old 02-15-2004, 10:22 PM   #463
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Oh it's quite all right. I am a fan of purple myself, although my first choice would have to be black. I just wasn't prepared for the degree of... purpleness... in that picture.
Old 02-15-2004, 10:30 PM   #464
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

It's quite purple, isn't it? Well, they asked me what color I wanted, and I told them. Unfortunately, the computer made the pic a tad "shiny" too, I'm afraid, or did something wierd to it, so it really shouldn't be that intense. I just didn't know quite how to fix it, though I've tried.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:05 AM   #465
Finwe
Deathless Sun

You could try putting it into a photo-editing program, and lowering the brightness of the picture. The only problem is that it might make the rest of the picture overly dull. It's all right. It works excellently in the place of caffeine.
Old 02-16-2004, 12:29 PM   #466
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Niluial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Niluial Send a message via MSN to Niluial
Oh my Imladris those lamps are awesome! Really amazing!

I am begging my grandfather to make me a lamp now but he is becoming old and weak and it may take a while but if my lamp turns out as amazing as those lamps I will be happy to wait!

~Niluial
Niluial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 12:40 PM   #467
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Oh yes, the wait is worth the wait Niluial!

Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 10:28 PM   #468
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

[QUOTE]I have finally completed my collection of little LotR figurines from Kindereggs!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindereggs? What would those be Miss Estylyn? I missed something.....

Well I'll be. I found some Kindereggs! It was soon after they were first mentioned on here, but I wanted to wait until I actually won them to post. Now at least I'll get to see first hand what they are, "worthless toys" or whatever may be in them.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:DS:US:6
Old 02-24-2004, 06:49 PM   #469
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Silmaril

I'M BACK!!! (From no where in perticular)

Quote:
*clears throat*
IAMNOWTHEPROUDOWNEROFTHESPIDER'SBANE!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow Samwise! I'm so happy for you! Maybe I'll be lucky enough to recieve the toy version for my birthday this summer. (HEY IT COULD HAPPEN!)
Old 02-24-2004, 08:59 PM   #470
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

TY, Morai! Haven't put it up yet, I'm afraid....I think I finally figured out the best place for it, it's just getting out a hammer and nail and putting it up....
Old 02-25-2004, 02:26 AM   #471
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

I now have 'Lord of the Rings' Monopoly, courtesy of a family member who brought it along from the US! It looks wonderful - the playing figurines are really heavy for their size, and the board design is very nice. Now I need to get enough people interested in playing a game to try it out...
Old 02-25-2004, 06:14 AM   #472
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
I do not collect toys on purpose, but I have one wormtongue figurine (sent to me by my brother-in-low, the reason as obscure to me as it is to you, probably, he thinks of himself as Grima? my sister certainly may be thought of as Eowyn, what with her golden hair and green/blue eyes, but the chap is quite a man, if you follow my meaning, kind sir, why not send Faramir?)

Though I'm proud holder of several editions and several translations of books , among them the jewels - leatherette collection editions of LoTR and the Hobbit (to be found on Amazon) and illustrated Silmarillion

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!
HerenIstarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 07:01 AM   #473
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

I can relate, H-I. After I bought the No Admittance bookends, I did buy the "fellowship" set, vaguely senseing that I'd regret NOT getting it once it was gone--it was closely followed by the gift of a Gandalf doll; a gandalf BK goblet, again a gift; and recently a BK Gandalf. Add that to the "NO ADMITTANCE" bookends -- I ended up with FOUR models of Gandalf plus goblet???

(***Frodo***, people. I'm a ***Frodo*** fan. Edit your databases....)

Just as well, I guess; there's a big gap between the models and Book-Frodo.
Old 02-25-2004, 10:25 AM   #474
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Quote:
Now I need to get enough people interested in playing a game to try it out...
That is the trick, now isn't it, Estelyn. I frequently refuse offers of such games because I have no one with whom to play and would rather see the money spent on a new shirt or something I can use on a regular basis.
Old 02-25-2004, 02:06 PM   #475
Sleeping Beauty
Wight

Location: Somewhere between the back of the chair and the monitor
Sleeping Beauty has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleeping Beauty Send a message via MSN to Sleeping Beauty Send a message via Yahoo to Sleeping Beauty
Tolkien

Lord of the Rings Monopoly? I need to see that. That was a very nice gift. What is Boardwalk, I wonder...? Anyways, I am the proud owner of a few things. I said I didn't want to bite into the whole marketing stuff, but ah well. I have the one ring that came out with the Fellowship, the Frodo goblet from BK, and the toy from the meal. Also the little red bookmark with the ring poem and the nine walkers on the bottom. I have three action figures, one from each movie. I have Frodo, Legolas, and Aragorn. I want to add more and get the fellowship, but we'll see. I had the Frodo/Sam boat set, but I gave it to my friend as a Christmas gift. I bought the paperback set with the movie pics on them that a local bookstore was selling. I knew the minute some people would see the movies they would want to read it. And guess who is the handy fantasy-type person is nearby? Luckily, all was return(whew), and now I have paperbacks handy just in case. Somone got my Sting for my birthday, but it's an off-the-brand model. Ah well, made for a good substitution for the real thing at a ren faire I went to last year. The kids there thought it was cool. It was a nice feeling to be recognized as a hobbit. I also have all the editions of the movies, and the three soundtracks. The most amusing thing in my (growing) collection is the Lord of the Rings valentines they came out with this year and the last. I still crack up at Frodo's "Hope your valentine's rings true" Oh yeah, don't want to forget the 1, 2, 3, 4.....8 LOTR posters I have collected. I'm a sucker for pretty images.....*stares at her angsty Frodo poster*
Old 02-25-2004, 06:22 PM   #476
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Ring

Quote:
I now have 'Lord of the Rings' Monopoly, courtesy of a family member who brought it along from the US! It looks wonderful - the playing figurines are really heavy for their size, and the board design is very nice. Now I need to get enough people interested in playing a game to try it out...
I would come over to play Monopoly with you, but alas, I live in the United States. It would be quite a walk to your house I imagine.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:52 PM   #477
Liriodendron
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Liriodendron has just left Hobbiton.
I have LoTR Monopoly also. And nobody to play with!

I got a nice 1000 piece puzzle of "Smaug Dragon" by the Hildebrandt bros, at a flea market a couple weeks back. It was only $3.95! It's a SunsOut product. Never heard of them before. www.sunsout.com

I'll probably keep it in the shrink wrap for quite some time. Smaug's 50 million orangy red scales would probably drive me batty. There's also a big sword with a wavy blade!? Those crazy Hildebrandts!
Old 02-25-2004, 10:03 PM   #478
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Games? Yeah, yeah! Got people, too. But for me the question is time... At Christmas I had SUCH a blast playing LOTR Risk with my brothers and Nephew (his game) that I threatened to buy a set for us. We planned on it-- but then, Peter got one for Christmas. We figured Peter, Ben, Gary, and me would be a great Risk game.

But we have yet to do it. Who has the time? (We should MAKE the time. Now that I'm home for a bit...?)

I "found" two more fans tonight... I went over their house to jam, and there on their bookshelf sat FOTR EE and TTT EE. Perhaps we'll do RotK before it leaves the theaters.

I know a fair selection of LotR enthusiasts, some more rabid than others. But LOTR Risk is a huge hit, even with fans of mediocre fervor. It's just a great game. One of my brothers I think hasn't seen any of the movies, but he had fun playing the game.

Rae, the little BK Gandalf is leaning against the card that came with my LinGalad mug. Very cool. But I am immersed in Gandalfs. What's the plural of Gandalf? Gandolphi??
Old 02-25-2004, 10:20 PM   #479
Nirvana II
Wight

Nirvana II has just left Hobbiton.
i have many LOTR things.... a replica of Gimli's axe, of narsil and Anduril (people say,"whats the difference?") and a suit or orcish armor.....and people say i dont know my things!

Вы - пончик желе!

Я оказался снова.

Частное сообщение меня, если Вы понимаете.
Nirvana II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 10:25 PM   #480
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Gandalphi....LOL! Goodness....I wonder why folks don't get who you're "into"? Odd, indeed.... Every LOTR-y person I know who KNOWS me knows I'm a Sam person! I have the little BK Sam....not that good a likeness, but fun, nonetheless.

I have a freind who has LOTR Movie version Trivial Pursuit....but he has such a busy schedule that we've only played once....I totally left him in the dust....though I must admit, if it had been based on the books, it would have been the other way around....