Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2002, 02:47 PM   #11
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Pio listened intently to the words of Child, explaining the history of the sword Anguirel and Maeglin. The mention of the sword's name brought a sudden chill to her, and she felt as if her doom were upon her.

She pushed through the lethargy which gripped her as they approached the Wheelhouse where Maeglin raged.

'If you will gather the other companions and search for that accursed blade, I will hold that monster at bay.', she said with a steely resolve.

She stepped before Maeglin and drew her great sword from its sheath. It burned with a dark fire. She held it before her, blade upraised and advance upon the evil creature, who glared at her with hatred.

A silver light was in her eyes as she drew herself up and was revealed in all her diminutive power. Maeglin stepped toward her, and she commanded him to halt, levelling the sword just inches from him.

'I bear the great sword given to Elu Thingol by Eöl the Dark Elf. It comes to me through my mother who bore me, wedded briefly to Elurìn, son of Dior, great-grandson to Thingol. It is the sword which Beleg bore and was later born by Túrin Turambar, when he named it Gurthang. But it's first name you remember - Anglachel, 'Iron of the Flaming Star', the mate of Anguirel'

Maeglin drew back and held his position, a considering and fearful look was in his eyes. He advanced no further.

'Hurry, you two! Find it!!!!' she shouted to Child and Bird as they raced to gather the search party.

[ June 11, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]