The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2007, 05:08 PM   #1
davem
Illustrious Ulair

Location: In the home of lost causes, and forsaken beliefs, and unpopular names,and impossible loyalties
davem is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.davem is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
RIP Robert Jordan

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6999578.stm
davem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 05:53 PM   #2
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
From his blog on Dragonmount:

Quote:
It is with great sadness that I tell you that the Dragon is gone. RJ left us today at 2:45 PM. He fought a valiant fight against this most horrid disease. In the end, he left peacefully and in no pain. In the years he had fought this, he taught me much about living and about facing death. He never waivered in his faith, nor questioned our God’s timing. I could not possibly be more proud of anyone. I am eternally grateful for the time that I had with him on this earth and look forward to our reunion, though as I told him this afternoon, not yet. I love you bubba.

Our beloved Harriet was at his side through the entire fight and to the end. The last words from his mouth were to tell her that he loved her.

Thank each and everyone of you for your prayers and support through this ordeal. He knew you were there. Harriet reminded him today that she was very proud of the many lives he had touched through his work. We’ve all felt the love that you’ve been sending my brother/cousin. Please keep it coming as our Harriet could use the support.

Jason will be posting funeral arrangements.

My sincerest thanks.

Peace and Light be with each of you,

Wilson
Brother/Cousin
4th of 3
The 12th was meant to be the final book...he almost made it.

I've been planning to re-read the Wheel of Time series; I certainly will now.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:56 PM   #3
Alkanoonion
Spirit in Eriador

Alkanoonion has just left Hobbiton.
Yes a very sad day but some hope for fans

Quote:
he shared all of the significant plot details with his family not long before he died
Quote:
A Memory of Light is the working title for the twelfth book of the popular The Wheel of Time fantasy series written by American author Robert Jordan. The novel was incomplete as of the time of the author's death.

Scheduled for publication by Tor Books in early 2009,[1] it was intended to conclude the series, which began in 1990 with The Eye of the World. On September 16, 2007, Robert Jordan died from amyloidosis.[2] Before his death, Jordan stated "I'm getting out notes, so if the worst actually happens, someone could finish A Memory of Light and have it end the way I want it to end." The decision whether to posthumously complete the book has been left to his wife Harriet and Tor Books president Tom Doherty.[1]
Lets hope that they finish the book.