The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-21-2003, 01:01 AM   #1
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Question a kiss...

Allright... this has probably been asked before, so if it has, I'm sorry. But Iwas watching the trailer for TTT on my FOTR EE dvd, because I haven't yet bought TTT, so I really wanted to see something about it, anyways. Well, there's this really quick clip about 2 seconds long of 2 people about to kiss. It looks like one is Eowyn... is the other Aragorn?! Maybe this will be in the extended edition?? Any thoughts on this? I just saw that and really wondered... They'd better not have him kiss Eowyn! What do y'all think that is?<BR>Arwen
Old 09-21-2003, 02:00 AM   #2
arianrod
Wight

Location: Wandering Hobbiton, smiling at the hobbits & trying to sell them vacuum cleaners
arianrod has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arianrod
Shield

Oh, Peter, what have you done?<P>I don't think I've seen the trailer you're talking about (or at least that one part), and, with all due respect, I do hope you're mistaken. I could accept Aragorn's increased contact with Eowyn in the theatrical release, but this would be crossing the line. Hopefully it's someone else or he cut it out of both editions. *crosses fingers*
arianrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 02:09 AM   #3
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

I watched the preview again to try to figure out what part of the trailer you meant. I hope the following helps.<P>If you were talking about this scene:<BR> <BR>Her hair's a bit lighter there, but that's definitely Arwen. That will probably be on the EE TTT.<P>If that was not the scene you were speaking of, then the only other one I can think of is this one:<BR> <BR>That scene was actually in the film and after Helm's Deep. Eowyn did not kiss him; she was simply expressing how relieved she was to see Aragorn alive.<p>[ September 21, 2003: Message edited by: Brinniel ]
Old 09-21-2003, 04:16 AM   #4
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Good grief, I hope they didn't go that far...
Old 09-21-2003, 05:43 AM   #5
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Sting

I really hope it was the first picture and that there was some misunderstanding. I mean, that it was Arwen and not Eowyn (I think it's Arwen, she certanly looks like her ). The next picture about Eowyn-happy-that-Aragorn-is-alive is fine with me...
Old 09-21-2003, 11:08 AM   #6
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

Oh, for pity's sake, just watch the movie. Aragon and Éowyn don't kiss. They also don't poison Théoden with arsenic and then elope to Rio de Janeiro, or go kayaking down the Anduin, or build a wicker man and sacrifice all the inhabitants of Rohan to Morgoth, just in case any blip one might see on a trailer might lead one to become suspicious on those points as well.
Old 09-21-2003, 12:01 PM   #7
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Thank you, Brinniel! Yes, it was the first pic. I couldn't get a good enough look at it on my dvd player to tell who it was.<BR>I wouldn't have been suspicious had I not read an article in a magazine the day before. I don't remember who the interview was with, but I think Philipa Boyens. Anyways, she talked about how they had thought about Aragorn and Eowyn kissing, but she didn't say for sure whether or not they were going to. So then I saw that on the trailer, and got rather worried. <BR>Maybe waiting for TTT EE and ROTK is getting to me a little too much and making me paranoid. <BR>Arwen
Old 09-21-2003, 05:10 PM   #8
Cinderella
Wight

Cinderella has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cinderella
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Aragon and Éowyn don't kiss. They also don't poison Théoden with arsenic and then elope to Rio de Janeiro, or go kayaking down the Anduin, or build a wicker man and sacrifice all the inhabitants of Rohan to Morgoth <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That's <B>Hilarious</B>!!!! *dies* <P>But on a more serious note, I'm pretty sure it was just one of the two pics posted up above because having Aragorn and Éowyn kiss would be like having Faramir hold Frodo and Sam hostage and bring them to Osgili- oh... nevermind
Old 09-22-2003, 01:03 AM   #9
samrohan
Wight

samrohan has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yes I agree about the Osgiliath scene being a disgrace.<P>Aragorn and Eowyn kissing would go way beyond that point and I believe PJ has more love for the LOTR than to do that.
Old 09-25-2003, 06:39 AM   #10
Linteamarthwen
Pile O'Bones

Linteamarthwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I wouldn't be surprised if they did(forgive me) kiss in the extended version. Since aragorn asked arwen to leave, he might think she left with her people and now he has to move on. Eowyn seems to be in love...and maybe he is back. But I have a feeling that he would never really do such a thing. If arwen did leave he would marry no one andlive with her love forever
Linteamarthwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 11:04 AM   #11
Jack
Haunting Spirit

Jack has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

*praying* please no not that not that please don't let them... In case you are wondering I am 100% against Aragorn/Eowen so they can't! I had feared that PJ would mess Eowen up but oh please let him have mercy on me!
Old 09-25-2003, 11:17 AM   #12
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I agree with you, Jack! I'm completely against it, too, and really hope they don't mess it up! Welcome to the 'Downs!! <BR>Arwen
Old 09-25-2003, 05:29 PM   #13
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Good grief! How many more threads about RotK are there going to be full of people getting themselves in a twist over things that are never going to happen, and raging against Jackson for doing things that he hasn't done and never will do? <P><I>If</I> Aragorn and Eowyn do kiss in RotK, rest assured that it will not be a romantic kiss. But I strongly doubt that they will ...
Old 09-25-2003, 06:14 PM   #14
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well, in the words of Aragorn:<BR>"Ten thousand strong." <P>I strongly disbelieve that Aragorn and Eowyn will have a kiss in RotK, or possibly even the EE of TTT. However, thinking about Osgiliath and the movie of TT...
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 10:55 AM   #15
Jack
Haunting Spirit

Tolkien

Why would PJ not mess Eowen and Aragorn?<BR>Is there a good resin (besides my wrath) that he wouldn't? <BR>O and thank's Arwen!
Old 09-26-2003, 10:57 AM   #16
Jack
Haunting Spirit

Tolkien

Please give me one good reason that PJ wouldn't do something like that!<BR>Personally I think he is quite capable of making Eowen and Aragorn kiss (even romantically!)
Old 09-26-2003, 11:41 AM   #17
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Please give me one good reason that PJ wouldn't do something like that!<BR>Personally I think he is quite capable of making Eowen and Aragorn kiss (even romantically!) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That's why I'm worried! If he doesn't mind changing Faramir as much as he did, and having him take Sam and Frodo to Osgiliath, why wouldn't he do this?
Old 09-26-2003, 11:53 AM   #18
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

What you have to convince me of is why he would do it. I can come up with several good reasons why Sam and Frodo went to Osgiliath (and I have in other threads), but I can't think of why he would need to increase the romantic tension between Eowyn and Aragorn.<P>And lame reason like to put in more gush doesn't cut it.<P>H.C.