The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-25-2008, 02:55 PM   #81
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
"All this talk about lynching Halbarad is nonesense if you ask me." Dain said, after he had recounted himself with the companies discussion. "He is quite yes, but I still have to see some proven evidence against him. All we have now are a few gut feelings, this is no for any man to die: lynched on a bad feeling!"

EDIT: X'd with Gildor to the present
Old 03-25-2008, 02:55 PM   #82
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
"what did I say about the uniform mind we had...? This is ridiculous as well.

Okay. Elrohir, Elladan or Gandalf for me. I will not venture too far at the last moment to catch a fish I have not looked at properly before."
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 02:56 PM   #83
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
"It is time. The one who looks foulest and is one of the least helpful shall go, even though he is wise and powerful. In other words, my vote goes to Mithrandir, also known as

++Gandalf.

And let it be said aloud: whoever we send away, I'm afraid I'm not expecting good results. Everything seems too easy. O Elbereth snow-white! Please send us guidance!"

edit: xed with Halbarad, Dáin and Tom
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 02:56 PM   #84
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
"A good question master Halbarad. But maybe he just tried to avoid any scrutiny?" Who knows?"
Old 03-25-2008, 02:57 PM   #85
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
"I fear I must vote for ++ Gandalf. I will explain my reasoning momentarily."
Old 03-25-2008, 02:59 PM   #86
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
"A silent moment before the end? Where is everyone?"
Old 03-25-2008, 02:59 PM   #87
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
"Hiding. They are all traitors."
Old 03-25-2008, 03:00 PM   #88
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

"I have a bad feeling about this last minute voting flood that is to come..."
Old 03-25-2008, 03:00 PM   #89
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

How many around now as Gandalf has three votes and Halbarad 2 (and I don't wish to see him gone at least toDay)?

Okay. No one reporting in.

Sorry Olorin my old friend... I couldn't trust your self-security

++ Gandalf
Old 03-25-2008, 03:00 PM   #90
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Pipe Evening in Eregion

The dusk was coming when the Company stopped. They stood on a hilltop, with the valleys covered by holly forest behind them and barren lands in front of them, and the ground rising slowly to the east towards Caradhras, which far away still glowed faintly red in the last light of the vanished Sun. One by one white stars sprang forth as the sky faded.
"So it is me you want to leave," Gandalf said, stating the obvious. The others stood in a little distance from him in an unmoving half-circle. The old wizard leant on his staff and sighed.
"Even the wisest cannot always help, and I had the feeling this journey is taking a bad course," he said. "There is shadow above us, and Saruman was right. Alas, I cannot protect you against yourselves. I am not going to accompany you against your own will. Do you really want me to leave?"
Dáin Ironfoot clutched his axe. Halbarad shook his head.
"Mithrandir," said Gildor, stepping forward. "You have heard what Saruman told us. There are traitors among us. Yet you are very mysterious. If you know anything, or if you have anything to tell us, speak more clearly."
"I am afraid I cannot satisfy you, my dear Gildor," said Gandalf. "I actually do not know anything, one might say, or not more than most of you do."
Tom chimed in. "Hey and ho! My friend, if wisdom is what you show by being silent as stone, this is not what Tom expects from one like you. If that is so, you better go."
Gandalf looked at Bombadil. "So it seems, my friend... I pity I cannot help you anymore. Yet maybe this is the way it is meant to be: other hands must do the work while mine are elsewhere. You were always the moss-gatherer, and I was the stone doomed to rolling. Looks like I have to roll once again... but not with you. I wish you well, all of you."

Only silence answered him. Gandalf slowly turned his face to the north. He gave a final wave of his hand, and walked off at a surprising pace. The evening was closing in, and his cloaked figure quickly vanished into the twilight.

-----------------------------------------------

The Fellowship:

Aganzir - Lobelia Sackville-Baggins
A Little Green - Éomer
Groin Redbeard - Dáin II. Ironfoot
Gwathagor - Halbarad
McCaber - Elrohir
Meneltarmacil - Uglúk
Nerwen - Elladan
Nogrod - Tom Bombadil
Rune son of Bjarne - Galadriel
Sally - Théodred
THE Ka - Radagast
Thinlómien - Gildor Inglorion

Gone:

Gil-Galad - Gandalf (left the Fellowship in Eregion) - innocent

The first Collision is about to come. Traitors may start to PM each other already, and then send me their pick. Others may also send me their picks.

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 03-25-2008 at 05:36 PM.
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 03:06 PM   #91
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Cruel Caradhras

Nothing further happened that night. The next morning dawned even brighter than before. But the air was chill again; already the wind was turning back towards the east. For two more nights they marched on, climbing steadily but ever more slowly as their road wound up into the hills, and the mountains towered up, nearer and nearer. On the third morning Caradhras rose before them, a mighty peak, tipped with snow like silver, but with sheer naked sides, dull red as if stained with blood.

The Company set out with good speed at first; but soon their way became steep and difficult. Laboriously they climbed up, and then dim white flakes of snow began to fall upon their heads and shoulders.
They went on. But before long the snow was falling fast, filling all the air, and swirling into their eyes. The wind whistled and the snow became a blinding blizzard. Now Radagast was leading the way, but he went on slowly, leaning on his staff. The snow was already ankle-deep about his boots and it kept falling. Soon even Uglúk found it hard to keep going. Tom Bombadil trod the deep snow in his high yellow boots, but he was not singing anymore. It was plain that they could not go much further. The Elves were the only ones who felt no fatigue. Halbarad the Ranger was silent and covered his face from the snow. Éomer's feet felt like lead, and Théodred was thinking about sitting in a saddle, though he knew that a horse would have been no use up here. Lobelia was dragging behind. Even Dáin, as stout as any dwarf could be, was grumbling as he trudged.
The Company halted suddenly, as if they had come to an agreement without any words being spoken. They heard eerie noises in the darkness round them. It may have been only a trick of the wind in the cracks and gullies of the rocky wall, but the sounds were those of shrill cries, and wild howls of laughter.

And then, stones began to fall from the mountain-side, whistling over their heads, or crashing on the path beside them. Every now and again they heard a dull rumble, as a great boulder rolled down from hidden heights above.
"We cannot go further tonight," said Halbarad. "Let those call it the wind who will; there are fell voices on the air; and these stones are aimed at us."
"I do call it the wind," said Elrohir. "But that does not make what you say untrue. There are many evil and unfriendly things in the world that have little love for those that go on two legs, and yet are not in league with Sauron, but have purposes of their own. Some have been in this world longer than he."
Tom kept looking around, as if trying to pierce the veils of snow by his gaze. "Let us go, as quick as we are able! This is not good place for us to stay. Old Tom knows too well, although he was not here ever before," he said.
"But what shall we do?" asked Uglúk. "We cannot just give up! There is no other way!"
"We have to go back," said Radagast. "It is no good going on. And sure Caradhras has more snow yet to fling at us, if we go on. The sooner we go back and down the better."
"And what is the other way?" asked Elladan, but at the very moment it happened. A loud clash was heard and a huge stone fell with deafening crash right into the middle of the company. Everyone tried to jump aside and cover.

When the echo of the clash faded away, the Companions slowly lifted themselves from their covers and assembed again in the middle of the pass.
"Is everyone all right?" Dáin asked.
"We are," said Lobelia, sweeping the snow off her body. "But it really seems now that we should turn back. Whatever way we need to take, this one is not going to be safe if we continue."
"Wait," said Éomer suddenly. "Where is Elladan?"
Everyone looked around. There were just eleven of them.
"My brother!" cried Elrohir. "What happened to him?"
"Look," Halbarad said, pointing at the edge of the cliff nearby. There were fresh steps in the snow, although not very well visible, and they were rapidly disappearing in the blizzard. They ended on the edge, and the snow there was broken, as if something larger slided down there into the pit under the cliff.
"He – he fell!" cried Elrohir. But then they saw it: aside from Elladan's footprints, there were other footprints, barely visible, as the snow already almost covered them, but they were leading to the first trail and then they disappeared in the mass of new footprints made by the Companions as they rushed back to the meeting point.
"Someone pushed him!" shouted Uglúk.
"Indeed," said Théodred. "But the tracks are destroyed – we cannot find out more."
"Come on," Galadriel interrupted them. "This is a bad place to debate. We cannot find more here, but the mountain's wrath has not passed yet - so let us leave at once."
"Yes," said Radagast. "Come on! There is a darker path we must thread now that Caradhras is closed to us. But we must descend from it first safely. It is not going to let us go easily. Come!"

The Companions slowly turned and started their descend back to the valley. Caradhras has defeated them.

The Fellowship is descending the pass from Caradhras and around Sirannon towards the Gates of Moria.

The Fellowship:

Aganzir - Lobelia Sackville-Baggins
A Little Green - Éomer
Groin Redbeard - Dáin II. Ironfoot
Gwathagor - Halbarad
McCaber - Elrohir
Meneltarmacil - Uglúk
Nogrod - Tom Bombadil
Rune son of Bjarne - Galadriel
Sally - Théodred
THE Ka - Radagast
Thinlómien - Gildor Inglorion

Gone:

Gil-Galad - Gandalf (left the Fellowship in Eregion) - innocent
Nerwen - Elladan (lost in the Pass of Caradhras) - innocent

The second part of the Journey begins. Traitors stop PMing. Everyone may post now.
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 03:13 PM   #92
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Galadriel returned to the group after having wandered of for a while, she was of course influenced by the events of Caradhras with. . . ., but that had to wait for now. She knew that she would not be able to get look upon the recent events with clarity before she had dealt with what happened in Eregion. Her heart was filled with sorrow over the departure of Mithrandir, she knew she could have done more to prevent it, but she had not listened to her heart when it mattered the most and now her most trusted ally was gone.

First she turned toTom Bombadil and for what seemed to be forever the two beings stared in silence at each other, then Galadriel spoke “I am most disappointed in your choices Iarwain, beings that have walked this earth as long as you and I should know better than to cast away the wisdom of Mithrandir so lightly. Indeed my heart warned me that our wits would fail and Mithrandir would be send away, but Alas I heeded it not. You should indeed have known better than to send him away on this early stage because of his silence, I understand that you do not like to wander in doubt about Mithrandir’s allegiance, but more time should have been granted. The wisdom that you spoke in early in Eregion seem to have left you and whether this was merely miss judgement on your part or calculated, I know not and I fear it will stay that way until you depart us.”

Galadriel the knelt before Lobelia so that they could speak eye to eye “I have no great experience with Halflings, but sturdy people you are and strong willed. You’re heart seems filled with sorrow and anger, it seems that you try to turn people away from you and not show weakness. Why you walk about with this stern façade I cannot yet tell and if I need to worry I know not, but for now I shall stand by my choice of supporting you as ringbearer.

Galadriel arose again and seemed taller than ever, she eyed everyone of the company that she had not yet addressed and spoke. Before I can reveal to you my thoughts on what we experienced on Caradhras I need to share with you some thoughts about what happened in Eregion. She spoke out clearly so that everybody could hear her voice.
Gildor you too should know the ways of Mithrandir, but yet in your pursuit to make him talk you did not let him gather his thoughts and worse is that you yourself got blinded and could see little else.”

Galadriel paused for a second before continuing addressing the group.
“In Eregion I suggested that Halbarad should depart our company. . .I stand by what I said and did in Eregion, I thought your quarrel with our ringbearer most disturbing and out of place. However more disturbing behaviour have been seen since then and I unless you give me furthermore reason to I shall hold it forgotten. One thing I will ask of you is to explain your change of heart in Eregion. . .first you accept my choice a choice that was not easily made and then you turn on me in what appear to be an attempt to throw suspicion on to me and Mithrandir”.

And Eomer one cannot be surprised with your view of me, however honourable and wise your house may be it also have a tendency to show distrust where trust should be and have higher regard for floods of empty words than of the fewer expressed with more care.”

I shall finish with a few words about people that I do not know much about, but non the less my respect for the have increased, I speak of you Master Dain and of you Radagast. I have not had dealings with dwarves since the elder days, but indeed Dain seem as fine representative for his people and I think his council will be essential for this quest to succeed. Of Radagast’s wisdom there can be no doubt and so far I see no reason to doubt his allegiance.

Of the rest of you I shall not speak yet, for even my thoughts are clouded by the recent events

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:11 PM   #93
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
Galadriel paused for a second before continuing addressing the group.
“In Eregion I suggested that Halbarad should depart our company. . .I stand by what I said and did in Eregion, I thought your quarrel with our ringbearer most disturbing and out of place. However more disturbing behaviour have been seen since then and I unless you give me furthermore reason to I shall hold it forgotten. One thing I will ask of you is to explain your change of heart in Eregion. . .first you accept my choice a choice that was not easily made and then you turn on me in what appear to be an attempt to throw suspicion on to me and Mithrandir”.
"I was cautious at first, Lady, and needed time to think. Also, had I reacted violently to your accusation, it would have only incurred more suspicion. But later, as I pondered your charge against me, I realized that it had no substance. Even now I am puzzled by your accusation: to what quarrel do you refer? I have not spoken directly to Mistress Lobelia since the start of our journey. If I have spoke against you, it has not only been to question the validity of your argument; not yet have I attempted to impune your integrity. Not yet."

Somber and bewildered, Halbarad departed to eat and think.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:16 PM   #94
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Theodred made a brief appearance; hearing the end of Galadriel's speech, he realized that he must also have a few words with some of the group.

"Galadriel, I, too, regret now the decision to allow Halbarad's continued presence with our fellowship, and while we may disagree regarding....regarding your lifestyle....I feel that for now at least I have no choice but to trust you, at least regarding the curious behavior of Halbarad.

"As for the rest of you, I must speak my mind. Those of you who were responsible for Gandalf's departure, I express my displeasure. Though there were others less worthy to travel with us, you ignored this fact and called for his dismissal from the fellowship. To add to the crime, you saw that, mere moments before we were to reach our final concensus, he was unprepared to defend himself against your accusations and so you set to outnumber him."

Theodred had avoided the rest of the group during the night, speaking quietly with Eomer, one of the only fellowship members he found trustworthy. After the company's discovery of Elladan's grim fate, Theodred realized that Elladan had refused to voice an opinion regarding the previous day's banishment, as had Radagast and the revolting creature called Ugluk. Perhaps he was aware of something dangerous, maybe he had discovered the identity of one of the traitors? He shook the idea out of his mind and strutted away, careful now to keep his thoughts to himself; at this rate, even his own kin wasn't to be trusted. Behind him, he could here Bombadil's incessant rhyming.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 03-26-2008 at 04:19 PM. Reason: accidentally deleted part of a sentence. must need some sleep ;)
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:19 PM   #95
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
"Hmmm," Ugluk growled. "I find the disappearance of Gandalf to be suspicious-looking. His style of arguing has often been considered suspicious, even when not a traitor. I can excuse Halbarad and Eomer; they know him little. But Gildor and Bombadil? No, they're too wise and have been around too long to not be familiar with him."

The hungry Orc noticed a large rat crawling around and quickly stabbed it. After he'd finished eating the rat, he spoke:

"Halbarad does seem quite the suspicious one, but then again, he's fairly new to this sort of thing and bound to make mistakes. I'm not letting him out of my sight at all, but he's not at the top of my list either."
Old 03-26-2008, 04:25 PM   #96
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
After hearing the words of Halbarad Galadriel feel deep into thoughts and she seemed like asleep, when she finally spoke her face was full of sorrow.
"You did right in speaking against me, please accept my deepest appologies! I have backtracked my thoughts and discovered that I made a grave mistake in Eregion. . .in my haste I mixed the words of you and Theodred"

"I must be alone with my thoughts for a while and re-analyse the previouse events"

Old 03-26-2008, 04:34 PM   #97
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Tom Bombadil had been mainly quiet the days after his friend Gandalf had parted from the fellowship. He was lonely indeed and longing for Goldberry didn't make him feel any better. He had even pondered it a few times whether he should just turn back and leave the whole adventure to the others. If not for any other reason but to bring back his joy of life and nature. He had also thought it back again and again what happened that evening when they had decided to vote for Olorin to leave.

There were many who hadn't said a thing. Those Tom found particularly suspicious although one of them, Elladan, had been brutally murdered by the traitors and thus proven innocent. There were those who wilfully spread out the voting which finally ended up in the nasty choice between Gandalf and Halbarad. Tom had disliked the widening scope of choices that time as they seemed to bring everything to a last moment randomness but they could be also seen as true trials at actually sending out someone who in fact was a traitor. But in the end it resulted in the early calls for Gandalf and Halbarad remaining the only choices.

Somehow he had then a nagging feeling in the back of his head that on this mission Halbarad would indeed be of more help to them than Gandalf. He had it even now. Yes, it sounded bad and felt bad. But still he felt it. Somehow Gandalf was not what he would be; intelligent, helpful, insightful, leading, caring... Some had said the wizard had just thought of things but Tom felt Gandalf hadn't been even interersted in the fellowship's quest in the first place. He knew Gandalf well enough and the Gandalf they had with them was not the Gandalf he knew.

But still he had asked himself a hundred times whether anything he would have done would have kept his friend Olorin around now that he knew he was no traitor. But the end-result was always the same. No one was ready to save him, no one came to help... not even Galadriel herself who now quite hypocritically blamed others of wrong choices...

No one knew who the traitors were... except the traitors themselves. And those who spoke after the fact.

Even if the sun had arisen and they were coming swiftly downhill leaving the horrors of Caradhras firmly behind them Tom didn't feel like singing. But he took his own way down drowned in his own mind, for all this reflection had strengthened one thought in him. They killed the young Elladan, cruelly and brutally. And I will not rest until this is solved. I owe it to Gandalf as I was one of those sending him home - however uninvolved he were. But I need to walk alone to think properly...
Old 03-26-2008, 05:26 PM   #98
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

"Iarwain, you think that I spoke words of hypocricy earlier? But hypocricy demands a false decleration of belife and in my defence of Olorin there was no falseness, that should be clear. I may not have done what I should to protect him and it may indeed seem convenient that I now declare that I feared this might happen, but it is the truth and does not in any way conflct with what I stated earlier! I do regret not speaking clearer in his defence and even though I feared he would fall victime to our insecurity, even I cannot see all ends and wrongly thought that it would suffice to say that I did not think him a traitor."

Galadriel once again fell silent and thought back on previouse events and the grave and almost unforgivable mistakes she had made earlier on the journey.

Old 03-26-2008, 05:33 PM   #99
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Dain's heart was heavy as he descended the pass of Caradhras. He had not regretted his decision for Gandalf's departure, for indeed it was Gandalf's silence that had in the end condemned himself, but the loss of Elladen was a greater tragedy. In the eyes of the dwarf Elladen was a wise elf and would be a great asset to the fellowship, but alas he has fallen.

Dain heard the kind words of Galadriel. "I thank you my lady for your approval, but I think that my words are more of a hinder to this fellowship. In the future I will be more cautious when offering my advice, not to say that I won't offer it at all. Indeed if more people were in on the debate of yesterday a traitor might have been found and forced to leave instead of a good man. Therefore I pray that the more silent ones of the fellowship: Elrohir, Theodred, Ugluk and Eomer speak up and offer their advice in the matter today, some good thoughts were found among you, but were not pressed enough to be seriously considered. Speak up, lest suspicious eyes fall on you who are innocent; let us not repeat the doings of yesterday!"

Dain listened to the conversation eagerly, hoping that the fellowship heeded his words.

EDIT: X'd with Galadriel
Old 03-26-2008, 06:33 PM   #100
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
After hearing the words of Halbarad Galadriel feel deep into thoughts and she seemed like asleep, when she finally spoke her face was full of sorrow.
"You did right in speaking against me, please accept my deepest appologies! I have backtracked my thoughts and discovered that I made a grave mistake in Eregion. . .in my haste I mixed the words of you and Theodred"

"I must be alone with my thoughts for a while and re-analyse the previouse events"
Halbarad thought carefully for a moment or two.

"Lady, I am inclined to believe you meant no harm. I, too, have made honest mistakes and have no desire to condemn the well-meaning."

Nonetheless, Galadriel's sudden change of stance had taken Halbarad by surprise, and he wondered if he ought to be more suspicious of the Lady of the Galadhrim.

Indeed, he thought, such a swift and easy reversal on the part of anyone else would immediately arouse the suspicion of every honest member of the Company.

Though he determined that Galadriel's mistake probably had been honest and was not grounds for accusation, he resolved to watch her closely if he could. Then he smiled, for he had just found a note of humor in that dark day.

"It is curious, Galadriel...you say it was Theodred's words, in fact, and not mine that had originally drawn out your suspicion, and yet it is now Theodred who seems most eager to take your side."

And then grim and stern Halbarad laughed, as he had not in a long while. Theodred had been brashly eager to confirm Galadriel's accusation which was now shown, essentially, to be an indictment of words spoken by Theodred himself. This struck the Ranger as paradoxical, and even funny. However, he soon quelled his mirth, for he knew it was inappropriate in light of the dark events which had thus far haunted their journey. He resumed his usual sad, thoughtful expression. There was work to do.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:35 PM   #101
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Elrohir rose from where he had been sitting.

"You wish me to be more vocal, when these traitors have taken the life of my brother? Nothing good can come from hasty accusations now.

If only I were more convinced of the orc's guilt, it would make my choices much easier. But for this, I am prepared to set aside my hatred of Uglúk to find the traitors.

But let us wonder why Mithrandir was sent away earlier. Out of the four who voted for him, only Dain gave any long explanation of his choice, and Halbarad said nothing about his reasoning at all. I would think that it was to save himself, but he never explicitly said so.

This, together with the attention he received yesterday, moves Halbarad to first on my list of suspects."

EDIT: crossed with Halbarad
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 06:52 PM   #102
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

"You are justified, Elrohir, in your wish to hear my reasoning. There was not time yestereve for me to explain my vote, though I expressed my intention of doing so. I will now.

“I believe that Bombadil, myself, Dain, and Gildor were justified in voting for one who spoke too little to be helpful, promised he would not vote and promptly did, and, finally, gave no good reason for his voting. In short, he was obscure, erratic, and inscrutable. As has been said, Gandalf, in the end, condemned himself by his own actions.

“We were wrong, yes. But it was an honest, reasonable mistake, and I expect you would have done the same, had you not voted for one who gave you neither provocation nor offense. I speak, of course, of Ugluk. Perhaps you wish to explain your vote as well? I imagine that I am not the only one who found your vote thoroughly inexplicable."

Last edited by Gwathagor; 03-26-2008 at 06:54 PM. Reason: extra space
Gwathagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:00 PM   #103
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elrohir, I'd like an explanation from you as to what makes me suspicious. Granted, I'm an Orc, but have I done anything to make you doubt my loyalty to the White Hand? You seem to have voted for me without much reason other than that I'm an Orc. You maintin suspicion of me today. I'd like to know why.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:02 PM   #104
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Er... wait. I see you've backed off somewhat on your suspicion of me. Good, but I'd still like to know why you find me suspicious.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:48 PM   #105
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Radagast joined the others slowly back down from the pass, but the heaviness in his somber actions wasn't from defeat at Caradhras, but the loss of Elladan and that of Gandalf. He sat quietly and starred deeply into the distance of his own thoughts and worry, while it felt the literal age of his body was finally coming up on him as if in some cruel joke to his worthiness for such a challenge of the Fellowship.

Of all the ages I've passed, to have Olorin distrusted so by those he had openly embraced is something I have never known. Or the great loss of Elrond's house, such a noble elve has lost too much by this world to be stripped of more kin. I greatly hope he will not loose further meaning to stay in Arda, but after such as this I cannot judge his actions. Nor would I have thought I'd be so lost now, even among a company of great hope. If anything could become worse, may the Valar pity us in our despair.

Thoughts of a darkened sky seemed to creep up on his mind, but quickly he shook himself out of it realizing that if anything, he might carry on the work of the Gandalf he remembered and in honor.
Quietly, but assured he added after listening to the debate on what had passed after Gandalf's departure.

" Our recent days have been ones in loss, as we all are sure. Even though we have lost kin and kif and we are asundered in doubt, I can hold no grudge against you who voted Gandalf's leaving. It would not be in his hope, and what I have known him for, to become revenged in sorrow, but instead to aid what work there is yet to be done. That, if any of you feel shamed in guilt by your choice should remember about him, and should not continue punish yourselves needlessly.
What has happened on the pass I fear is only a taste of what our traitors wish to befall us and any hope in this journey. Though, for what I know Gandalf, and have come to know Elladan of, they would not wish us needlessly to stab blindly in the dark with our fears or hatred. We should act in our reason and hope."

He regained breath before he spoke again,

" I am sorry I may not add anymore thoughts, but I must like most of you, think greatly on this matter that it might not effort in vain."
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:48 AM   #106
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Gildor had not spoken before, for he had spent the beginning of the day singing a lament for Elladan, his brave kinsman.

"His death is an evil we can not leave unavenged. Who did this foul deed? Everybody saw the footprints. Now, we Elves do not tread that way and leave such marks on snow as we walk. Therefore, I conclude that at least one of the traitors is not an Elf. But with Elladan dead and innocent, that does not actually help me, for I anyway know that there can't be three guilty Elves around, for that would mean that I myself would be guilty, which I'm not." He smiled, and his smile was a sad one. "So after all it does not help us at all that the murderer left footprints. We must find other clues then."

Gildor sighed. "Who of us would kill Elladan? I can not answer that question before musing on what people said in Eregion properly. Maybe some of you has an idea? The only reason that occurs to me right now would be that it would leave no tracks except for the actual footprints."

"Lady Galadriel and Captain Uglúk, you accuse me and Iarwain for accusing Mithrandir and say we should know better. I know he's a wise wizard and can be of great help with his Maiarin intuition, but I also know that when he regards some mission unimportant, he does not bother to commit much time to it. Why would he? He's here to save Middle-Earth, how could he attend every quest with full enthusiasm? Maybe he just didn't regard this quest as very important." Or maybe he did not want to show important because he grudged Curunir of coming back and taking his place. He banished the thought. Old Mithrandir is not like that.

Then Gildor buried himself deeper in thought, swearing to return the words said in Eregion to his mind before opening his mouth again...
Old 03-27-2008, 04:53 AM   #107
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Tom had accidentally wandered quite far from the others thinking how weird everyone's reason to vote on the first Day had been. After mulling through them for a while he realised they all looked bad... How easy it had been for the traitors not to stand out in there in the middle of those ad hoc statements supporting the votes.

He had to share his thoughts with the others but there was no idea in yelling them from that far. So Tom turned back towards the way from were he could hear the faint occasional voices of the companions. It was to be a long trek to reach them but he was confident he would join them before the sunset.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:52 AM   #108
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halbarad
"It is curious, Galadriel...you say it was Theodred's words, in fact, and not mine that had originally drawn out your suspicion, and yet it is now Theodred who seems most eager to take your side."

And then grim and stern Halbarad laughed, as he had not in a long while. Theodred had been brashly eager to confirm Galadriel's accusation which was now shown, essentially, to be an indictment of words spoken by Theodred himself. This struck the Ranger as paradoxical, and even funny. However, he soon quelled his mirth, for he knew it was inappropriate in light of the dark events which had thus far haunted their journey. He resumed his usual sad, thoughtful expression. There was work to do.
"I apologize for not explaining myself properly. I, like Galadriel, question the motives of Halbarad, but not for the same reasons as she; those I will explain when we are not constrained by how much time I have. I was merely stating that I agreed with the conclusion she had drawn, that which implicates Halbarad as a traitor.

"First of all, he more than happily advocated the dismissal of our fellow Gandalf, giving little reason for his decision. I believe that he may have seen his own position on the fellowship in jeopardy and, not wanting to leave his two felllows (the other traitors) behind, quickly secured Gandalf's departure, disregarding Gandalf's importance in our company and making the cowardly choice to save his own hide.
And now he takes my words (and those of Galadriel) and attempts to use them against me. This, I admit, is not a difficult task, as I did not speak plainly at the time, but again Halbarad uses other's ambiguities to secure his continued presence among us."

Theodred wished to say more, but there was no time. The fellowship continued moving, so no one was particularly keen to listen. The others became very quiet, and so Theodred got to work.

(OOC: Literally to work. Back briefly around 2hr til DL, then again right before DL)
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:18 AM   #109
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

"There indeed is something troubling in the manner of Iarwain Ben-adar... only, I can't wholly tell what it is. It is weird. Or maybe it is so that I am simply worried by the possiblity that he might be sending his fellow conspirators signs via his ding-a-dillos." Gildor sighed deeply. "This is difficult."

He walked on in silence, then he continued. "This is difficult because it's so silent. People talk little and I myself, for instance, have little to say. It's a vicious circle of remaining quiet. But it can be broken."

Suddenly, he laughed. "I will try. Let me start with this. I do not like the way Lobelia accuses Éomer. I have seen a lot in my years in Middle-Earth and indeed that is the way traitors pretend to be wary of each other in order not to look like friends."

A sad blue hue shaded the Elf-lord's grey eyes. "As for the words of my kinsman Elladan, he said little that would have given reason for his death. I think he was either killed in order not to leave tracks - like I already said - or because Iarwain is a foul conspirator and wanted to kill someone only he had suspected in order to look more innocent, because in normal conditions traitors do not kill those they can turn the mob against." Gildor rested his fair face against his hands. "I truly do not know. Maybe he was killed just to confuse us."

Then he turned his keen stare to the Ringbearer. "Mistress Lobelia, I wish you were less evil. For when you mock and accuse everybody in this company, it remains veiled whom you really suspect of treachery."

Gildor's last words before falling to a silence once again were: "And those of you who did not vote in Eregion... who would you have voted and why? And why did you remain silent?"
Old 03-27-2008, 09:28 AM   #110
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dain walked in silence listening to the argument of others. They were beginning to express their concernes and their suspicions of the other members, and this is when Dain spoke.

"Where is Eomer?" Dain said. "My suspicion falls on him at the moment, but I wanted to wait to see if he would talk, and it seems that he is nowhere to be found. I will give my opinion of him none the less and he can defend himself when he shows up.

"Eomer has in my mind been the most suspicious of all the fellowship right now. He speaks very seldom, infact only twice and one of them was to condemn Galadriel saying that she is the most sinister of all his suspects, but does not explain why. Indeed he seems to be the most hasy of us all.

"I now call on you to defend yourself against my accusation Eomer, Marshal of Rohan."

Dain fell into silence after this, listening to the conversations of others and waiting for Eomer's response.

EDIT: X'd with Gildor
Old 03-27-2008, 09:32 AM   #111
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Although Lobelia had never felt much love for Gandalf, she was sad to see him go. And although she hadn't approved of the Elf's behaviour, she was now beginning to understand that if not caught, the traitors would do the same to everyone. Lobelia knew that one day, she was going to die anyway. She was old, and she was not afraid of death. But she had set out to take the Ring to Mordor, and she wanted to do her work before dying. It would be too humiliating to die on the journey and prove unworthy of the trust of the Wise.

She caught up with the others.

"Éomer, there's something about that you that I don't like. Perhaps it is only the smell of horse, perhaps it is the way you speak. I do not know, but I will try to explain.

When you first spoke, you disagreed with Master Bombadil about his words 'So look closely the hasty accusations, as they may reveal darker aspirations'. I am perfectly fine with people disagreeing with each other, but the way you said it sounded like you were speaking of a very insignificant thing just to have something to say, if you understand what I mean. And it is traitors who have to grasp at the insignificant things.

Also, before voting, the way you went after Gandalf and lady Galadriel for not speaking their minds looks a bit sinister to me. I do not think they said that little, but a traitor might wish to make a big issue of it in order to get an easy lynch, as indeed happened with Gandalf - whom you decided not to vote, after all.

"Dáin Ironfoot, I find you trustworthy for now. Were you a traitor, I believe you would have treated me differently in Hollin.

"I trust Halbarad even less than in Hollin. Let me interpret his words now as I wish:

He cast vague suspicion against Master Bombadil's singing and backed off of it immediately. It was just meant to make people feel bad about Tom. In truth, he is saying: 'Look, he is behaving in a way that might be considered suspicious because he could hide his treacherous behaviour by doing it! I, of course, don't suspect him but you others should!'

And then... Let me repeat his words again!
Quote:
"Perhaps I should be more suspicious of those who have said little to nothing at all. In truth, silence is a better cover than speaking, for the talker draws attention to himself, whereas the silent will be considered wise."
'I have been caught doing a suspicious thing I shouldn't have. I will change my behaviour. I will start suspecting the silent instead - those of more vocal sort don't mind me doing it even if the silent were innocent. I myself can't be a traitor because I talk and silence would be a better cover.'

Then he asked Elrohir why he voted for Uglúk:
Quote:
"Why do you cast your vote against Ugluk? Persuade us with some reason, if you can. Justify your decision."
While I agree that Elrohir should have given reasons for his vote, this looks a little too jolly, a little too by-the-way. The tone is overly light. It's sooo... 'Give me a reason to vote for Uglúk and I will!'

He suggested that a traitor is hiding amongst the quiet and wanted to hear whom Tom would vote before voting himself.

And now, see what he said just a while ago!
Quote:
“I believe that Bombadil, myself, Dain, and Gildor were justified in voting for one who... *blah blah blah*

“We were wrong, yes. But it was an honest, reasonable mistake
An honest, reasonable mistake from whose part? You can't speak for each and every one of those, as, if innocent, you shouldn't know whether they were honest or not. Or are you trying to gain allies by defending also them? This looks rather treacherous to me.

"Am I the only one to not find anything that weird about Elrohir's vote yesterday? It looks like he didn't have any better suspects so he decided to stick with racism. I dislike prejudiced people, but it alone doesn't make him a traitor.

"Nothing alarming about Uglúk this far.

"I have no idea what to think about you, Tom Bombadil. You have been repeating your trust-may-be-a-kiss-of-death thing too much, in my opinion - so much that it looks like you could say it as often as you wished without having to fear that the traitors would start to think if you really mean something more serious with it or if it's just a good piece of advice. Also, I don't agree with you on Gildor being suspicious.
But this far you have felt rather innocent, and I am unlikely to vote for you yet.

"I am inclined to trust lady Galadriel for now, although my heart does not feel as comfortable about it as my logic.

"Smelling of horse or not, Théodred is one of the most honest-looking here. I trust him.

"Of Radagast I have little idea, but if I had to choose, I would say he is innocent.

"I trust Gildor Inglorion. He doesn't look like he had something to hide."

Lobelia shivered. It was cold, and she felt a chill in her old bones. She took the tea skin from her bag and drank.

edit: xed with Gildor and Dáin

Last edited by Aganzir; 03-27-2008 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Wrong word :D
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:52 AM   #112
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

"I concur with Gildor that there is all too little talking going on.

"Presently, I am most suspicious of Elrohir and Lobelia. Galadriel seemd suspicious based on her vote of yesterDay, but since her explanation and apology she has not done anything else suspicious...indeed, she has said nothing at all.

"Elrohir's vote against Ugluk yesterDay was dangerous and flippant. It may have been the calculated decision of traitor wishing to hide behind a facade of semi-righteous indignation, or it may have merely been the action of an impassioned and angry, yet innocent. I cannot tell. However, the latter possibility is as dangerous as the former, if not more so.

"I voted for Lobelia to be Ringbearer, because I had great confidence in her courage and strength of heart. She has shown both of these qualities, but I do not like the way this has turned out for us. Since the beginning of our journey, she has been one of the most vocal members of our party and has accused nearly every member of the Fellowship, and most more than once. I have counseled scrutiny of all, but Lobelia has taken it too far. What are we to make of the fact that three-parts-out-of-four (three-quarters) of the Fellowship are, according to Lobelia, traitors? Finally, I do not like how her accusations seem to be based on personal dislike, with the circumstances interpreted to fit her biases."

EDIT: Crossed with Mistress Lobelia

Last edited by Gwathagor; 03-27-2008 at 10:01 AM.
Gwathagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:08 AM   #113
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

"I see Lobelia has decreased the scope of her suspicions. No doubt this will be for the best of everyone. I would speak further on what she has said, but at the moment I must travel ahead to scout out our path. I will return as quickly as I may, perhaps in 3 hours."

With that, Halbarad shouldered his pack and trudged off down the gentle boulder-strewn slope.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:46 AM   #114
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
I think he was either killed in order not to leave tracks - like I already said - or because Iarwain is a foul conspirator and wanted to kill someone only he had suspected in order to look more innocent, because in normal conditions traitors do not kill those they can turn the mob against.
" Fair Gildor, despite what others may say, I can see good reasoning in your words here. Though, if I may add now that i've looked back on the events of this journey I do not wholly think that brave Elladan's passing was trackless. There were not many, but a few who openly resented his judgement, but I do not believe they contained serious threats. If so, then we would have lost our heads indeed in such blindness. Instead there were others who did resent his words, but did not let their rage out openly, something that can be dangerous to a strained mind. If I may quote your own wisdom, we should look to what few words have been said by those who easily follow any suspicion. If anything, the traitors may be those who say this, or when confronted, they will come to defend those who unknowingly support them when the tide changes out of favor."

Radagast took a short sip from his waterskin and continued,

" Though Iarwain's actions do appear odd, I have to wonder whether if we were at his home or in his Wood, would he appear any more or less so. Though, I must think back more on this matter, since I cannot yet put names to trial so easily. Always remember, one swallow does not make a summer."

He resumed back to his analyzing of the past days as a bear searches the river, knowing that another look can bring a better catch.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:50 AM   #115
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
"I now call on you to defend yourself against my accusation Eomer, Marshal of Rohan."
"And Rohan will answer!" cried Éomer, hurrying to the others. "I have been scouting long and far today, master dwarf. I only just returned. What comes to my vote for the Lady Galadriel, I have explained my suspicion of her already. I found her the most sinister of my three suspects because I thought Gandalf might not have been that attention-seeking if he were a wolf, and there was a small doubt in my heart on whether the palantír had been trusted to his care. After all, he seemed a sensible choice for that from Saruman's part.
I decided also that lord Elrohir's vote, though hasty and ill-considered, did not straightly speak for treacherous intentions but rather of rashness or indifference. A traitor would try to affect the course of the voting more, I deem.
I did not have time to explain this along with my vote because I needed to let lord Inglorion talk as well.

"I have to support lord Gildor's question:
Quote:
Those of you who did not vote in Eregion... who would you have voted and why? And why did you remain silent?
It has been troubling my mind as well. But there is another question I would like to ask as well. Why, lord Elrohir, did you cast your vote for Uglúk?

"I place my trust in my cousin Théodred, and not only because he is my kin, but also because his behaviour has looked sincere so far; in Dáin Ironfoot, who I have considered trustworthy for long, and still do; in Gildor Inglorion, for he has not given me any reason to suspect him; and in Uglúk, who looks to be among the most sincere in here. Indeed I now wonder if I have been deceived, for I hear Uglúk is very often suspected of crimes he did not commit so now that he is not widely considered suspicious, he might actually be guilty. For now I will still consider him innocent, trusting my heart instead of my knowledge of his deeds before he joined our company.

"My heart is torn about some of you. Master Bombadil I cannot understand, nor can I read his behaviour. Lord Radagast I fear, for his gentleness and friendly manner makes it feel difficult to suspect him at all. He has not given me any reason for suspicion as yet, but I fear that if he did, it would pass unnoticed by me and by others because of his kindness. Mistress Lobelia, though giving me an uneasy feeling, is grumpy towards all of us, which makes me think better about her; my heart says that she would try to be more agreeable if she were a traitor.

"Lady Galadriel seems more sincere to me now than she did before, perhaps because she now talks clearly, and in a plain voice instead of whispering to individuals. She seems to really have something to say.

"Lord Halbarad I am not decided about. I will think about what he has said and done for a while now."

EDIT: x-ed with Halbarad and Radagast
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:53 AM   #116
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Okay, I've got a lot of stuff that needs to be taken care of later with regards to hunting for food, so I won't be around in time for the deadline. I'm casting my vote now.

++Tom Bombadil

That Gandalf vote strikes me as suspicious.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:15 AM   #117
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Lobelia turned to look at Gildor and laughed dryly.

"So, at last, it has come to this! Yet I am glad that you seem to trust your own judgement, not that of Bilbo Baggins'. I hear you, and I can understand why you think the way you do. But my suspicions are those of an innocent.

"Also, I just remembered I was to accuse Halbarad of yet another thing: his reluctance to defend himself - until now that we have left Caradhras. It seems quite clear that in Hollin he tried to avoid the discussion swirling around him.

"Master Halbarad, I wonder why you find an angry random vote possibly more dangerous than the calculated decision of a traitor.
And why is it for the best of everyone that I have decreased my suspect list? Don't I have so many traitors there anymore?

"Éomer, you are sounding more honest now unless my old ears have lost their hearing. But I must disagree with you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Éomer
I decided also that lord Elrohir's vote, though hasty and ill-considered, did not straightly speak for treacherous intentions but rather of rashness or indifference. A traitor would try to affect the course of the voting more, I deem.
Or a traitor would try to survive. It doesn't matter much to a traitor who leaves, as long as he is innocent.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:35 AM   #118
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green
I found her the most sinister of my three suspects because I thought Gandalf might not have been that attention-seeking if he were a wolf, and there was a small doubt in my heart on whether the palantír had been trusted to his care. After all, he seemed a sensible choice for that from Saruman's part.
"A... Wolf?", Radagast gave a little snort of confusion.

" Gandalf has dealt with wolves, but I've never seen him in their skin. I thought we were looking for traitors, not wolves. Sorry for the idle chat, just an old fellow's office of knowing the animals and speaking for them. Though, you do seem to have a wisdom of your own in saying these traitors are like wolves, they certainly are hunting like them.

I can understand your reasoning of the palantir in Gandalf's care. If anything, he had the strength to carry it, but I do know him well enough to never use it. That is more the office of Saruman, and I can never imagine Olorin being so convinced to readily use it in the light of who else may be using one. It would be an arguement, I fear, even the far away shores would hear and more or less ourselves.
If anything, Curunir entrusted something so prized to one who knows little of its use, worth or connections, merely for safety not folly. So that it could only be accessed for its intended purpose among us."

" As for whom or what I would have voted in Eregion, I could not at that time say readily. If you would think of me as any less in wisdom or strength I do not take offense, but worrying thoughts ahead on the pass of Caradhras are what distracted me as I hoped Gandalf would be the better 'man', so to speak, to lead us safely. Though we still seem divided over this vote, I will say again that Gandalf would not council us to not think of the here and now, especially after we have lost one of the company."

After thinking for a moment, he added more words,

" Though, I fear there was easy chance for any traitors amoung us to hide in that vote. For matters of that, I must think more of yesterDay's events now that I have a clear mind."
Old 03-27-2008, 11:41 AM   #119
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"Gildor, I agree with you that Lobelia was a little too suspicious yesterday, but now after hearing her speak I am even more afraid of her. Her personality has changed entirely from being suspicious and pushy to being more passive, and I wonder if your suspicion of her has entirely changed her attitude."

Just then Eomer came running back to the company from scouting. Dáin listened to Eomer's response to his accusation, and then took into account his words refering to the other members of the fellowship.

"Indeed I find your defense valid, though I am still wary of you speaking only once and then immediatly voting yesterDay. Still, one can be silent and observe, you don't need to talk in order to think." The dwarf chuckled at his own words.

"I do agree with you on having the people who didn't vote yesterDay explain for whom they would have voted for. Very good idea Gildor!" Dáin bowed in the direction of the elf lord.

EDIT: X'd with Radagast
Old 03-27-2008, 11:52 AM   #120
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

"Master Dáin, you can surely see that I did not hear Gildor's accusations of me before I had already spoken."