The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-01-2008, 10:52 AM   #201
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Also Rune managed to make his Galadriel at times to be exactly the lady of the galadhrim. And all the rest of you were great as well.

I'm all for trying this kind of compulsory in-character game again one fine day. Sadly so many people seem to fear or dislike the idea. They clearly don't know what they are missing!
Unfortunately I could not keep my enthusiasm up. . .at times I was simply too tired to make an effort, but I still had to write and it then became so and so.

I really liked the way Aganzir played her role. . .

Anyways I don't think that compulsory in-character games should be something we do often, they are fun to spice things up. . .but they are also more demanding. I could not handle another one just now. . .not without neglecting school a lot.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:24 AM   #202
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Yay!

Cheers, everyone! This was maybe the most enjoyable game I've played in, largely because you all did your characters so well, and played well too. Just awesome.

Thanks, guys. I loved it.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:08 PM   #203
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Silmaril

This was great. Both because it was challenging to both sides and very even, and because everyone played their characters so hilariously. Everybody was awesome, but especially Rune's Galadriel, Nogrod's Tom (and his horrible rhymes ), Agan's Lobelia and Greenie's Éomer, not to mention THE Ka's Radagast, whose ultimate gentleness made me think he must be innocent. (I had this interesting theory that in an in-character game, if you think plotwise, a traitor might slip his deceitfulness to the overall portrayal of his/her character. Evidently I was wrong...)

I'm quite glad for deciding to vote Halbarad rather ex tempore, because the bandwagon that followed was great and unbelievable. I'm also glad that I caught Dáin, unfortunately only after I had died. And it was only because everybody else seemed so innocent. Excellent job Groin, and THE Ka and Gwath too, you were all very sneaky. And our gifteds did really well too.

Oh, this was an awesome game, I'm sure I'll remember this for ages. It was very enjoyable to play in-character, especially as Gildor is such a lovely chap. Thanks to everybody for making this so memorable and for playing splendidly (I'm running out of positive adjectives soon ), and to Legate of Amon Mod for a great idea and lovely narrations. They were all excellent but my death was the BEST. (I'm not even sad I died...)

~ Gildor Inglorion Dagnir Balroga
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:12 PM   #204
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
Thinlomien, you played an excellent game. The only mistake that you made was trusting me too much.
And I wouldn't have trusted you half as much as I did, hadn't Lommy (who, I was sure, was innocent) done so.
Well, at least I can take comfort in being right about two traitors in my first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
the Ranger unfortunately did not have enough time to show his quality
His??

I was planning to reveal if it started to seem I was lynched, but didn't have time. I didn't seriously believe I would be lynched until sally voted me, and I hadn't counted on all the votes being cast in the last minute, as it happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Soon as Agan died, my exact words to myself were, "Oh crap. Well, I'm dead now. Good job moron." Not at all pleased with myself. Sorry Agan!!!!!!! *feels terrible*
No problem, darling, and you were a great seer anyway (and a great Théodred, too).
I should maybe try to change my innocent playing style - last game I was innocent (after many games as a wolf) I was lynched on Day 1 and now on Day 2. I can't understand what makes innocent me so suspicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Ka View Post
Oh, and Aganzir, sorry for being:

"Mean, mean, mean!"

... and a very evil person. I don't try really, half the time I would make myself forget I was a wolf and play as I usually do. Apparently it worked for awhile.
Apparently, it did. You were awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka
Although, I dunno if anyone else has mentioned it, but Rune was the first person I suspected as a possible seer on our second Night. Maybe too much association with your character.
Then we tossed around the A Little Green or Sally idea as a possible seer. Probably would have gone after Sally, but due to her annoyingly insightful posts and votes, we decided to go with another. I can't remember exactly.
I thought so, too, and protected Rune on Night 2. At the end of Day 1, I was rather confident that either him or sally (with her "my mind's eye" whatever :-D) was the seer, but chose to protect Rune (because I thought Nog might be a wolf and then surely kill him). Groin was my third and Nerwen fourth option (for being a good player who hadn't spoken very much on Day 1 and thus making a nice kill with few tracks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka
In that light, I really liked Lommy's and Aganzir's work with their characters. They gave some mysteries more face and embodiment, without giving the impression of being detached from how the character would probably act in many circumstances.
Thanks. I was planning to make Lobelia a bit nicer, but, well, she just came to be like that. I hope no one was offended by her.
And you were a wonderful Radagast yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
I really liked the way Aganzir played her role. . .
Thanks - I liked your Galadriel, too. She was very much like I thought Galadriel should be.

My other favourites were Tom Bombadil and Éomer. Nog's rhymes made me laugh all the time and Greenie was just so Éomerish. :-D

On night 1 I asked Legate whether I couldn't PM with the hunter, and he said no. Well, just look what happened - Greenie and I were all for killing each other all the time. Ironic. I'm almost happy I was lynched, because I might have protected The Ka on night 3.

And thanks for modding, Legate. The idea of the game was awesome, and it was interesting to try IC playing (though I'm sure I wouldn't like to play this way in every game).

edit: xed with Lommy
Old 04-01-2008, 02:34 PM   #205
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
~ Gildor Inglorion Dagnir Balroga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
His??
Ah, sorry, I was merely continuing on the subject of the sentence. Not even sure about English, but in Czech a Ranger would be he. Although, if I wrote in Czech, I would write "rangeress" or how should it be told, so that would be again "she", but clearly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
I was planning to reveal if it started to seem I was lynched, but didn't have time. I didn't seriously believe I would be lynched until sally voted me, and I hadn't counted on all the votes being cast in the last minute, as it happened.
I must say you hit on something here - if there was anything in this game that was really apparent and really drastic, then it was all the last-minute voting. Especially on the first days it was that EVERYONE voted in the last five minutes, if ever! Or maybe one person voted three hours before, then one person ten minutes before, and all the rest in the last five minutes (or not at all). Last minute voting is nice, but this, I think, has been an example how horrifying it can be. (Although, the outcome was not that disasterous... but still, it's stressful if nothing else. Well, on the other hand, WW is about adrenaline rising as well ).
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 05:20 PM   #206
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Well, on the other hand, WW is about adrenaline rising as well
Yeah. I felt like I was on Ritalin all week long.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:28 PM   #207
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
If you must know Gandalf's suspicion list. Dain and Halbarad were both on it for traitors.

this is what, 7th game in which i have picked out 2 out of 3 wolves. i wonder when people are going to keep me around longer because my dumb luck seems to work everytime... i just watch what is said, wolves have a way with words that i detect almost right away...

le sigh... ol' mis-understood Gil...
Old 04-02-2008, 12:01 AM   #208
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
I had a very strong bad feeling about The Ka from the start– and I thought, "Better not say too much this early, because if I happen to be right they'll think I'm the Seer and kill me". So I kept quiet... and they killed me anyway.
Really you should feel honored that we were so scarred to see what would happen if you stayed longer. You're a sharp player Nerwen, and I only observe and learn from those I see as the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Last minute voting is nice, but this, I think, has been an example how horrifying it can be.
I was in a daze after the second Day voting, even if the deadline was at a relatively comfortable GMT for me, still I just sat there wondering if this was going to lead anywhere. Apparently so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwath
Yeah. I felt like I was on Ritalin all week long.
Same here, except my silly idea of drinking coffee and tea seriously did nothing to help me stay awake for both the Night and Day phases. I've probably overrun my caffine response again.

Well, I did enjoy the in-character element of the game (yes, it actually helped a little with how to rationalize thoughts in the game and not be killed so soon), but despite having some luck at this I think it should be used every once in awhile as all good ideas. No use in waring thin a wonderful idea.

As for future games, I'm going to take a break for awhile since my life is going to take quite a spin in the next few months.
I won't forget this game though, or any of the brilliant Downers, so I should be back. Eventually. Again.

Thanks again, all of you.

~ Thankful Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:22 AM   #209
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad View Post
If you must know Gandalf's suspicion list. Dain and Halbarad were both on it for traitors.

this is what, 7th game in which i have picked out 2 out of 3 wolves. i wonder when people are going to keep me around longer because my dumb luck seems to work everytime... i just watch what is said, wolves have a way with words that i detect almost right away...

I actually think that it is a bit unfair how Gil is constantly killed of early in the game and allways for the same reason, his way of playing the game.

That was why I chritisised Nogrod so much for his vote on him, I thought that he had played enough with Gil to know how his style is.

Old 04-02-2008, 04:32 AM   #210
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I agree that is feels pretty nasty to see Gil go everytime so early... well not every time but pretty regularly. But this time I think there was a difference which was his insistence that he would only speak his mind the next Day. Now if we think that everyone would adopt the tactics saying "you should not lynch me toDay as I will speak toMorrow" it would obviously be a disaster for the game.

Had he been open with his supicions I probably would have voted Gwath instead of him... and that would have been good indeed... Sorry Gil.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:43 AM   #211
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
And I wouldn't have trusted you half as much as I did, hadn't Lommy (who, I was sure, was innocent) done so.
Surely you should know better than to trust my judgement by now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil

Well, it would have been fine had you not started to threaten me... Seriously though, I must agree with what Nog said about your tactics. But better luck and better strategies (from both my and your part) next time, I hope...
Old 04-02-2008, 12:23 PM   #212
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Ah, sorry, I was merely continuing on the subject of the sentence. Not even sure about English, but in Czech a Ranger would be he. Although, if I wrote in Czech, I would write "rangeress" or how should it be told, so that would be again "she", but clearly...
Ah! these silly languages which need to make a distinction between sexes...

Quote:
Surely you should know better than to trust my judgement by now...
I might have ignored the fact that Groin looked quite innocent and kept pursuing him with my weak day 1 reasons, hadn't you said it aloud.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:11 PM   #213
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Any ideas on how to be a better werewolf, should I have the misfortune to be cast in such a role again in the future?
Old 04-02-2008, 02:29 PM   #214
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Any ideas on how to be a better werewolf, should I have the misfortune to be cast in such a role again in the future?
Yes: Do not write to Sally "DON'T quote me! We are NOT on speaking terms." when the game is still running, because one who reads it will conclude either that A) she is not a fellow Wolf, logically, because you blame her for your lynching, B) she is a fellow Wolf, but in any case she lynched you and you don't like it, so it was not part of any wolfy plan - both these variants leak out information outside the game, and this is why you should not talk about the running game at all outside the game until it is completed - or C) eventually you are bluffing, because it was part of a plan, but that would be even worse, because that's, in a way, cheating.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 04-02-2008, 02:42 PM   #215
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
It's hard to say how to be a better werewolf as both the personal styles of playing and the combination of other players seem to produce a bit different dynamic every time. I mean I have been an excellent werewolf (like in the last game where we all three stayed alive and butchered the whole village) but also a lousy one (being lynched on Day1). I'm not sure how those things happened other that they were a combination of adjusting or not being able to adjust to the present game and trying to see the way through it.

But if you want a catch-phrase then try this: be yourself even if you are a baddie, speak and act like you would do were you your innocent self. It's hard sometimes - most of the times - to be sure... and it doesn't even always pay off.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:09 PM   #216
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
I agree that is feels pretty nasty to see Gil go everytime so early... well not every time but pretty regularly. But this time I think there was a difference which was his insistence that he would only speak his mind the next Day. Now if we think that everyone would adopt the tactics saying "you should not lynch me toDay as I will speak toMorrow" it would obviously be a disaster for the game.

Had he been open with his supicions I probably would have voted Gwath instead of him... and that would have been good indeed... Sorry Gil.
Fair play. . . . It just seemed like a normal "lets get rid of Gil" day at the office, but I was mistaking.

Kind of like when Wayn The Goblin (cannot remember how it was spelled) used to play, he two was often removed from the game quite early. He said even less than Gil and I must admit that I voted for him several times in lack of better suspects.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:30 AM   #217
Gil-Galad

Quote:
Fair play. . . . It just seemed like a normal "lets get rid of Gil" day at the office, but I was mistaking.

Kind of like when Wayn The Goblin (cannot remember how it was spelled) used to play, he two was often removed from the game quite early. He said even less than Gil and I must admit that I voted for him several times in lack of better suspects.
the thing about first day, nobody truly has an idea of whose who except the wolves(to some extent). i remember how my first couple of WW games went like

Game 1: tried playing quiet and under radar. lynched day 1
Game 2: tried talking as much as possible and asking everyone questions. lynched day 1
Game 3: was busy all day, so no talking from me. lynched day 1. came back as hunter around end of game to replace the storm maiden(she has been gone too long).

what really got me frustrated was that every strategy i tried, it always got me lynched. made me want to give up WW for good seeing how i get no good games out of it. but i stuck by, and i had two great games. one where i was a werewolf and survived till end(taking dear nogrod down with me) and the other where i was glorfindel the hunter and killed a balrog with me. those games are few and rare now a days...
Old 04-03-2008, 02:14 PM   #218
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
be yourself even if you are a baddie, speak and act like you would do were you your innocent self. It's hard sometimes - most of the times - to be sure... and it doesn't even always pay off.
Too true...

Though, it is better than playing so out of your element that you practically hand yourself over to people as a scapegoat. It is good to experiment sometimes, but you just have to find your comfort zone once you do, and always realize that people are naturally going to be a bit crazy in WW when they need a vote.

It just happens, most predictably on the first day. Just don't let it go to your head and have fun at any little thing you can do before you leave, or win. I guess we all made that little mistake earlier and WW was almost banned for good, until we finally realized that hey, it's just a game. So don't forget that!

Okay, that's the only bit of advice I can give. Have fun and stay relatively 'sane' as you find what works best for you.

~ Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:43 PM   #219
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad View Post
the thing about first day, nobody truly has an idea of whose who except the wolves(to some extent). i remember how my first couple of WW games went like

Game 1: tried playing quiet and under radar. lynched day 1
Game 2: tried talking as much as possible and asking everyone questions. lynched day 1
Game 3: was busy all day, so no talking from me. lynched day 1. came back as hunter around end of game to replace the storm maiden(she has been gone too long).

what really got me frustrated was that every strategy i tried, it always got me lynched. made me want to give up WW for good seeing how i get no good games out of it. but i stuck by, and i had two great games. one where i was a werewolf and survived till end(taking dear nogrod down with me) and the other where i was glorfindel the hunter and killed a balrog with me. those games are few and rare now a days...
I cannot remember if I was playing or just following the game where you stuck around to the end, but actually that game is the exeption that confirms the rule about you and ww. . .

Anywasy Gil, I am sorry to say this, but even when you change your tactics there is little change to spot for us. .. (me) Even when you try to be vocal you still apear to be silent, I guess it has something to do with the way you write. . . But this is just my opinion, I might be totaly mistaking.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:38 AM   #220
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Anywasy Gil, I am sorry to say this, but even when you change your tactics there is little change to spot for us. .. (me) Even when you try to be vocal you still apear to be silent, I guess it has something to do with the way you write. . . But this is just my opinion, I might be totaly mistaking.
Hmmm... I agree. But there is a difference between a vocal and a silent Gil, I think. And Gil you were brilliant in the werebalrog-game.

Sally, I'm curious - did you have any specific reasons for picking the dreams you picked?
Old 04-04-2008, 12:35 PM   #221
Gil-Galad

my playing style, how i describe it, is one of watching then deciding. the biggest mistakes in every WW game is acting to fast without fully thinking it over. i tried to preach that more in this game, but alas i got lynched for it too.

let me ask you this, which would you rather lynch?

a loud Gil that brings nothing to the discussion, just useless babble.

or

a collected Gil that talks when he should and tries not to give out random suspicions based on loose and broken examples.

i pretty much after every game i am always stating why i was lynched, i just want players to think before lynching me for the same reason every game...
Old 04-04-2008, 02:33 PM   #222
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

I'm sorry, Gil-galad. I wouldn't have voted for you if I had been innocent. First days are rubbish; it's almost useless to try to do anything constructive with them if you want to stay alive, which is actually all the first day is really about: survival. If you try to be helpful, they kill you.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:40 PM   #223
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommie

Sally, I'm curious - did you have any specific reasons for picking the dreams you picked?
Not the first couple of nights, no. The first night I dreamt Noggie because....well, because I always have such a hard time reading him, and if there's anyone I wanted to know right away which side he was on, it was him.
The second night I decided to dream either Nerwen or Rune; why I ended up picking Rune I don't remember, but I'm glad I did because the Day dawned and Nerwen was dead.
After we killed poor Agan, I found Ka and Gwath equally suspicious, but I figured that Gwath had escaped my attention long enough, and lo and behold I found myself a traitor. And our lovely Miss Greenie took care of one for us of course, which was a big help.
I looked back at the voting the next night and figured Cabbie was an ordo because who in their right mind would sic their entire wolfpack on their packmate, especially when Cabbie had been doing really well and their antics could have gotten him killed? (I figured I could always dream him the next night if it became necessary) That left me with a Night 4 dream going to either you (Lommie) or Menel. At that point, I still had no suspicions of Groin at all. I decided since all my dream subjects had survived so far, I'd try to find an ordo rather than a wolf, and then it would be just a game of odds between Lommie and Groin and if we got the wrong one I'd probably get killed but the others could rectify my mistake the next Day. So I dreamt Menel as innocent and the rest you know.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 06:51 AM   #224
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

One day, Nogrod, Thinlómien, Aganzir and A Little Green decided to have a little fun with their characters...

Old 04-05-2008, 06:54 AM   #225
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Tom Bombadil

Gildor Inglorion

Gildor fights a Nasty She-Balrog

Old 04-05-2008, 06:57 AM   #226
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Lobelia Sackville-Baggins, who refused to be barefoot as the temperature was only a bit above zero.

Lobelia fights Éomer (since they didn't really get along)

Old 04-05-2008, 07:03 AM   #227
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Éomer son of Éomund, the 3rd Marshal of the Mark, and his grave

Éomer and his dear cousin Théodred shared the horse on their way to Rivendell...

...and then Éomer got a bit carried away

----

Now, dear members of the fellowship, we challenge you to do the same! :P
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 04-05-2008, 11:12 AM   #228
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
My dears, that didn't make my day, I hate to tell you. It made my entire WEEKEND!

Quote:
...and then Éomer got a bit carried away

Although....hehe....depending on how tall you are, Greenie, that may well be my stunt double, except with yellow hair. Poor thing looks quite pint-sized. But I'd be careful, love. I've heard those living plastic creatures can be fun, but dangerous.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 01:30 PM   #229
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Good that you liked them, dear.

Sorry for that Théodred. I'm sure you'll make a better one. (Oh yes, that is a challenge! ) And feel free to make as silly a Éomer as you can possibly think of for background if you feel like it.

As for the height... I'm only something like 162 cm tall, so our Théodred seems to be quite a dwarf... Sad enough he can't be removed from his horse so we'll never know just how short he is. Not that his poor horse is too big either.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:03 PM   #230
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Oh my, aren't you a camp bunch.

Great fun those pictures. It's nice to see the faces of a few fellow members too. Are you guys family or 'just' friends?

This is in Finland I understand? Those pictures make me miss walking in the pineforests up north, although the grey skies also look perhaps too familiar.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:06 PM   #231
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip spence View Post
Oh my, aren't you a camp bunch.

Great fun those pictures. It's nice to see the faces of a few fellow members too. Are you guys family or 'just' friends?

This is in Finland I understand? Those pictures make me miss walking in the pineforests up north, although the grey skies also look perhaps too familiar.
Haha. Yes, it is in Finland and this is what our spring looks like at the moment... And as for being family, Nogrod is my and Green's father, Agan is not related us to us in any way (but she's one of my best RL friends).
Old 04-05-2008, 03:12 PM   #232
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

About thos photos:

My god(s)!

You are sick, sick I tell you!

. . . .Of course I ment that in a good way. . . . . .

Old 04-05-2008, 03:12 PM   #233
Gil-Galad

thanks to green's photo i just remembered i should buy some fingerless gloves for my drumming... ha...
Old 04-05-2008, 03:14 PM   #234
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
My god(s)!

You are sick, sick I tell you!

. . . .Of course I ment that in a good way. . . . . .
Yes, and we most definitely want to see a picture of you as Galadriel.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:15 PM   #235
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip spence View Post
Believe it or not but these are taken in the central park of Helsinki which I live beside of, like thirty meters from the door. And it's only about an half an hour's walk to the downtown! So yes Finland is "up north" and we still live in the woods...
Old 04-05-2008, 03:16 PM   #236
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Like I said to these people depicted up there: I was not aware that my game will have such an impact
Old 04-05-2008, 03:22 PM   #237
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Quote:
Yes, and we most definitely want to see a picture of you as Galadriel.
hmmm I was thinking of shaving and my gay flatmate wants to do my hair in a girly way. . .I guess all I really need is a proper dress and a good setting.

Interesting that I felt the need to point out that he is gay. . .that probably says alot about me.

Anyways I thought your boot-wearing-Lobelia was very good, I am sure that at the time you are 70 years old it will be perfect.

Old 04-05-2008, 03:36 PM   #238
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Anyways I thought your boot-wearing-Lobelia was very good, I am sure that at the time you are 70 years old it will be perfect.
Thanks. When I'm 70 I can walk around looking like this seriously, and scare the kids (who were laughing at us now).

And it shouldn't be that difficult to find a nice dress. You could even include in the pic the thing Legate didn't accept to put in the narrations; Galadriel giving the Fellowship smørrebrød instead of lembas, that is.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:37 PM   #239
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Haha. Yes, it is in Finland and this is what our spring looks like at the moment... And as for being family, Nogrod is my and Green's father, Agan is not related us to us in any way (but she's one of my best RL friends).
As a former resident of northern Sweden I know well that there's no spring to speak of up there. There's vinter, a looong vinter, then comes this, and before you know it summer arrives to briefly disappoint and be gone again. Oh well, there's always the hope of global warming

You are all very cute in your costumes in any case. I wouldn't say Nogrod looks cute in those yellow boots though, but they are a nice touch nevertheless.

And Nogrod, where I grew up we have great pineforests right up to our doorsteps. I once saw a wolf just a few hundred metres from our house.

Last edited by skip spence; 04-05-2008 at 03:59 PM.
skip spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 03:40 PM   #240
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Quote:
And it shouldn't be that difficult to find a nice dress. You could even include in the pic the thing Legate didn't accept to put in the narrations; Galadriel giving the Fellowship smørrebrød instead of lembas, that is.
Hah! I live right next to a smørrebrød place.

You must understand that I have so high thoughts of Galadriel that the dress would have to be absolutely perfect.