The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-03-2007, 09:50 AM   #201
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
"Well, I've mentioned wha I've thought of the three most quiet people. Now I have the much more difficult task of trying to sort out my feelings towards the unsuspicious-foursome: Brinn-Lhuna-Mac-Rikae.

Of these, I have thus far been least suspicious of Mac, whose reasoning always seemed to follow mine until very recently. I think Noggie also felt somewhat unhappy about Mac around the end of yesterDay, but I don't have time to find out why or whether I support these reasons.

Brinn I felt uneasy with earlier in the week because her initial suspicion of me seemed retaliatory and she didn't voice much opinion of other people. Over the lst few days, though, she has been far more vocal, and I've generally agreed with her conclusions. Of these four, she is the only one who I feel quiet confident is innocent.

This leaves Lhuna and Rikae, the confusing couple. I don't really know what to think of them and I don't think I've given them enough consideration thus far, overlooking them in my pursuit of others. Neither rings alarm bells but neither inspires confidence.

Which leaves me with a nice little table which I shall draw out in the sand for you." He took Rikae's stick, and inscribed the following:

Feels innocent: Brinn.
Unsure: Lhuna, Rikae
Will look at tomorrow if possible: Mac
Wolfy: Izzy
Wolfier: Gil
Wolfiest: Mith.

"I must leave now. Farewell, and vote wisely.

++MITHALWEN"
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:32 AM   #202
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Mithalwen said " I must make a confession, I did not hear Legate's words before I spoke about our protector ... having little time I caught only that noone had died not the clues... and if I am cautious about making accusations well time is a factor but not the only consideration. I finish work now and shortly should be able to discuss with you to the end. I beg you not to follow Guy's example.... he may be misguided but as soon as I can I will review his speech and see if it is wolvish rather. I suspected him on before but foolishly was swayed to Xyzzy."
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:43 AM   #203
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
"I fear the sleepiness which afflicts this village will soon overcome me, and I may not wake in time to vote later, so I think I should do so now. In any event, I am fairly confident of this vote."
Rikae stood, and wrote with her staff in the dust:
"++ Isabellkya"
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:46 AM   #204
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
"I'm still thinking about the missed kill from two nights ago.

Everybody here would claim of himself that it would never have happened to him (except Gil, who has been away, and Isabell, who missed the whole first day) and it would be believable. But those who know a bit of the ways of our Black Foe know that he will probably not send out two wolves about both of which he would have to fear such a thing. This is very unlikely. I therefore cannot believe that these two are our two wolves.

On the other hand, it is also unlikely that both do not come from this small set of outlaws, because it is unbelievable that two of those would have made such a mistake. I conclude that exactly one out of Gil and Izzy is a wolf, and one out of the rest, where by rest I mean especially Guy and Lhuna, though I'm not yet completely disregarding Rikae and Brinn (and Mith)."

(crossed with Rikae)
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:37 AM   #205
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Izzy continued to listen to the speeches and discussion amongst the others. She periodically gazed over to see when they were finished, as to allow her to get a word in edgewise.

'Each day I hear Rikae, adds on to the unease which I feel. Her actions remind me of the wolf ancestors among us, when they would pick out parts of speeches which would benefit them the most; and use those to scapegoat another villager. Lhuna and Brinniel bring unease to me as well for similar reasons.'

'Gil is unsettling to me, in regards to his speeches today. They contain more dramatics than actual content which we can use in our discussion.'

'Lhuna, has gone farther up on my suspect list, with the appearance of her anger driven defensiveness.'

'I no longer feel uneasy about Guy; if he were a wolf, he would no doubtedly be scapegoating as well.'

'I must leave you now, as it is becoming harder to keep my eyes open.'

++Rikae

'For reasons spoken earlier, I must go with my gut feeling. I know that one of you has mentioned that I was only suspicious of her for retaliation purposes only. Yet I must remind you, that I am not as blind as others here.'

When the last of her words were spoken, Izzy stood from where she had been sitting, and headed over to her bed. She laid down and was quickly asleep.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:54 PM   #206
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Brinn had been awake for awhile, listening to others and thinking deeply about what they had to say.

"Okay, it seems the majority of us (me, Mac, Rikae, tgwbs, Lhuna) are fairly sure there's at least one wolf among Izzy and Gil. I suggest we lynch one of them toDay, and hopefully we will have picked the right one.

"It's the best solution in my opinion. And I agree with Mac...it is more likely the wolves are one quiet, one active. But honestly, I have no idea on who to look at among our louder outlaws. Innocent or wolf (hopefully the latter), by eliminating one of these two, we should have a much better clue on who to suspect come toMorrow."
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:02 PM   #207
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
"Being sure that there is one wolf among Guy and Lhuna and one among Gil and Izzy, I went to look for possible connections between the four possible pairings. Here are my findings.

Lhuna and Gil

Very little to say. Lhuna says Gil is as usual on Day One, she attacks him in his absence on Day Two. Today she said: "I advise you not to be too jumpy, though, or I for one might forgo my previous assumption and contemplate on having you lynched."

This is nothing

Lhuna and Izzy

Not much more than before. On Day Two, Lhuna said that Izzy was more substantial than Brinn (no offense, but: eh?). One Day Three, Izzy takes a point from Lhuna that there are probably no wolves among the silent ones. Today Lhuna said that Izzy's behaviour was definitely suspicious and then Izzy made Lhuna rise on her suspicioun list

This is nothing, too.

Guy and Gil

Almost nothing at all. Yesterday Guy said that the absent Gil might be Nogrod's ally and today Gil is second on his list.

I highly doubt this is something.

Guy and Izzy

On Day One, Guy doesn't mention Izzy, which is interesting, because of his vote for xyzzy. The next Day Guy calls her likely innocent (while continuing to pursue xyzzy) and takes up a point of hers to accuse Nogrod (the self-preservation). He is happy Izzy contributes now, but doesn't look at what she contributes critically. He defends Izzy from Rikae and suspects Rikae for her accusation. My favourite (because very telling) line of Guy (towards Izzy): "Speak more, dear, or you'll be lynched by the likes of Rikae." Izzy says that Guy worries her a bit, but there's nothing substantial. Later, Guy is among her vote candidates, but then she voices a kind of understanding for Guy's situation and votes Nogrod. Guy says that her vote points towards her innocence. Today, Guy said that he doesn't understand the suspicion about Izzy's vote and that it isn't automatically suspicious just because Nogrod said so. He concedes that there is a wolf among the quiet ones, but Izzy is only the third on his list.

Izzy's behaviour towards Guy is very fishy. Guy doesn't look at her critically even one time, instead he defends her more than once."

Macalaure stood up and pointed at Guy and Izzy with his open hand.

"Outlaws and outlawesses, I don't think I'm being too bold when I say:

Here are your wolves!"
Old 07-03-2007, 01:20 PM   #208
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
"That seems plausible. Issy seems to suggest she is gifted ...... but I can't say I have seen any evidence in her words before...." said Mithalwen...
Old 07-03-2007, 01:39 PM   #209
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
"An interesting theory, Mac. I suspected tgwbs for sometime, and now I've been second guessing myself. I don't know. Perhaps I should reconsider and take a closer look at him.

But we can only lynch one at a time, so I think we should still focus on Gil and Izzy toDay. Here's an analysis on each one:

"For Gil:

"His first post on Day 1 is nothing but jokes and name calling. And that is followed by more joking and bantering with Shasta. His last post is the only one with content. He thinks tgwbs's vote strange (I agree), defends himself from my statements, and then votes Shasta saying, 'rest in peace my lad, though for the first couple of days, many innocents will probably be lost' He doesn't speak again until toDay.

"ToDay he stars off claiming Shasta to be on the wolves' side and accuses me of suspecting him. He votes for me. His second statement he warns me I'll be proven guilty when he's proven innocent. Accuses me of pulling a 'crusade' against him. Says he'll hope for my survival and back off him I no longer suspect him.

"For Izzy:

"On Day 1, she speaks after the deadline...her post has no content.

"On the second Day, she's thankful that there was no kill, then questions the intentions of Beleg and Turin. In her last comments, she defends her vegetarianism, but doesn't give any suspects. Doesn't vote.

"Day 3, she is once again happy to see everyone still alive. She suspects Rikae for suspecting her and a vote switch. She suspect Nogrod of jumpiness and is worried about tgwbs. She doesn't think the wolves are among the silent and then accuses Mac of being silent. Later, she's worried about Nogrod, tgwbs, and Rikae and notes that Rikae and Nogrod ignore each other. Finds Nogrod and tgwbs's debate 'eyebrow raising.' Votes Nogrod.

"ToDay, she again is thankful for a no-kill, her first post has no content. Then she suspects Rikae for her words and also based off gut feeling. Is uneasy of me and Lhuna. She doesn't like Gil's speeches and is no longer suspicious of tgwbs. Votes Rikae."
Old 07-03-2007, 01:42 PM   #210
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

"The night is drawing near, but nobody is saying anything." Macalaure observed sadly.

"Well, I shall give you my vote now anyway:

++Isabellkya,

since she seems more likely to receive the majority today. If she is evil, I strongly think Guy shall be lynched tomorrow. If I shall be killed tonight, you now know what I would advice you to do tomorrow.

However, I have some... slight... vaaague... feeling that Guy, if he is a wolf, might decide it to be favourable not to attack me tonight."

With these words, Macalaure laid himself to sleep - with a smile on his face.

(crossed with Brinn)
Old 07-03-2007, 01:45 PM   #211
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
For the second time that Day, Lhuna awoke with a jerk.

"My apologies! I fell asleep, and I know I shouldn't have."

She looked around at the other Outlaws; some of them too had fallen asleep. But they had already cast their votes.

"Before my accidental slumber, I had expressed suspicion of Izzy, Rikae, and Mith, from which I believe come our two wolves.

"Izzy remains highly suspect. I know I probably can't blame her, but at these crucial Days one would expect to hear more from her, if not in number of speeches then at least in substance.

"Rikae now seems much more innocent, and not just because she and Izzy cannot be wolves together. Like Days before she again exudes a confidence in speaking her mind because she has nothing to lose, it seems. But your point about me concerning Izzy is ridiculous. There are some things over which the hand has no control.

"Mith is suspicious, but maybe for things she cannot control. I can certainly forgo having her lynched, but with the hope that in the coming Days she'll say more. I also need to start looking towards other possible wolves who might be hiding in innocent-ish words...Mac stands out for example.

Unfortunately, there is now no time for that."

++ISABELLKYA
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:46 PM   #212
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

"Okay, both of our silents are looking pretty suspicious. I would say Gil is almost furry, but I recall that he has seemed quite outrageous and suspicious in the past and turned out innocent.

"Izzy is looking more and more suspicious to me. Her words have little content and seem forced, and I don't think her votes have very good reasoning behind them. I also think Mac has a very plausible theory with some good evidence. If she is a wolf, we need to take a good look at tgwbs toMorrow.

++Izzy

"And if she is not a wolf, then Gil-Galad must be. I will not believe for a second that neither of our quiets are guilty."

EDIT: X-ed with Mac and Lhuna
Old 07-03-2007, 01:50 PM   #213
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

"I am not a wolf". said Mithalwen " Look elsewhere. I feel uneasy about TGWBS, fairly confident of Mac. Izzy and Gil... Gil.. the loquacity is disarming - trying ot make up for lost time..... would an ordinary Gil bother ....? And now so little time.. I think though if Izzy were gifted she might have spoken openly trusting that she could be protected as well as saving her neck"
Old 07-03-2007, 01:58 PM   #214
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

" So much of the speech these past days has been Nogrods who was innocent but without special power.... but I have reread ..and though Gil and Guy worry me still

++Isabellkya
"

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Old 07-03-2007, 02:03 PM   #215
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Rikae looked at Isabellkya. "Looks like it's you today," she said.

"Me? What?" Isabellkya was completely shaken. "I – "

The outlaws formed a circle around him and were closing.

"No!" shouted Isabellkya. "No, wait! I am not a – "
But these were her last words. Rikae, coming closer with a handaxe in her hand, stroke at her – and in the next moment, Isabellkya's figure fell to the ground, covered with blood.

Mîm turned away from the sight with tears in his eyes. "Hey," said Macalaure. "Don't be too soft, Dwarf. He was a nasty Werewolf, one of those who killed your son..."

"No he wasn't," said Mithalwen, looking at the body.

The guy who be short turned at the rest of the outlaws. His face was red with anger. "That was the last drop!" he shouted. "I am not letting this continue! You hear? I am not! Everything goes wrong from the first day!" It was clear his anger reached critical point. It took the combined effort of both Lhuna and Brinn to calm him down.

The short outlaw sat on the ground, breathing heavily. "Okay, I guess the best for all of us will be to go to sleep," said Gil-Galad. "We have lots of things to ponder. Just let's relax and... well, it's best to sleep on it." With these words he first followed these words, and before the other outlaws disperded, he was already asleep.

The inhabitants of Amon Rûdh – dead:

Ibun
son of Mîm, killed by a Werewolf on Night 1
Shasta alias Saeros, outnumbered and stabbed on Day 1
Xyzzy the Outlaw, stoned to death on Day 2
Nogrod the old Outlaw, caught off his guard on Day 3
Isabellkya the Outlaw, cut off her words on Day 4

The inhabitants of Amon Rûdh – living:
Mîm
the Petty Dwarf
Rikae
Macalaure
Brinniel
Lhunardawen
Gil-Galad
the guy who be short
Mithalwen

Night 5
begins.
Volo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 02:06 PM   #216
Volo

Sting

Three times they attacked. Three times they were defied. The fourth attack took place. The two werewolves creapt quietly towards their victim, looking around in fear of the mysterious archer.
But tonight nobody came.
Mithalwen saw horrible nightmares. A great host of Orcs raided little villages. People screamed and fell. Houses burned and fell. The sky was filled with smoke. Mithalwen opened her eyes.

Morning dawned above Amon Rûdh and the Outlaws gathered around in high spirit. They didn't notice that one of them was not present until Mîm walked out with a grave face.
"Won't you see that one of you is missing", the old Dwarf said.
And then Mithalwen's name was cried. The Outlaws ran to her room to see a sight unworthy existance. Mithalwen was impaled to her bed with an iron bar.
Brinniel gasped, for Mithalwen's bloodstained hair was golden. "Nienor my beloved sister. Why did you come here seeking for our doom?" Brinniel was no woman, she was Túrin in disguise. He let hold of Nienor's cold hand and drew his sword.

"I know it is all your work, Lhuna! But I am not going to let you go away just easily!"
Lhuna yelled. "Disarm him-"
Swiftly, Túrin swung his blade and blood covered Lhuna's. Lhuna, staring in astonishment on her open wound, gave out a cry of pain, but didn't fall. She backed a bit and roared at Tùrin. "So we meet at your doom."
Lhuna grew in size and hair, but Túrin's rage was cold. Soon the Outlaws saw a dead Wolf before them.

Túrin wept for Nienor. Then he drew forth his sword, and said: "Hail Gurthang, iron of death, thou alone now remainest! But what lord or loyalty dost thou know, save the hand that wieldeth thee? From no blood wilt thou shrink! Wilt thou take Túrin? Wilt thou slay me swiftly?"
And from the blade rang a cold voice in answer: "Yea, I will drink thy blood, that I may forget the blood of Xyzzy, and the blood of Nogrod slain unjustly. I will slay thee swiftly."
Then Túrin set the hilts upon the ground, and cast himself upon the point of Gurthang, and the black blade took his life.

The remaining outlaws stood on the top of the hill, silent. In the skies above, white stars started to fade. Some of the outlaws trembled, but it was not just for the cold of morning. "Let us go inside," someone spoke at least, and the men and women one by one slowly walked into the cave. But Mîm remained on the brink of the hill a long time, alone, and as the red sun rose in the east, his silhouette was to be seen against the lightened sky.

Thus ended the tale of the Children of Húrin, the most sorrowful tale among all the lays of ancient days. But the tale of the Outlaws of Amon Rűdh was not at the end yet.

The inhabitants of Amon Rűdh – dead:

Ibun
son of Mîm, killed by a Werewolf on Night 1
Shasta alias Saeros, outnumbered and stabbed on Day 1
Xyzzy the Outlaw, stoned to death on Day 2
Nogrod the old Outlaw, caught off his guard on Day 3
Isabellkya the Outlaw, cut off her words on Day 4
Mithalwen alias Nienor, imaled to her bed by the Wolves on Night 5
Lhunardawen the Werewolf, slayed by Túrin on Night 5
Brinniel alias Túrin, let Gurthang drink his blood on Night 5

The inhabitants of Amon Rűdh – living:
Mîm
the Petty Dwarf
Rikae
Macalaure
Gil-Galad
the guy who be short

Day 5
begins.

Last edited by Volo; 07-04-2007 at 02:10 PM.
Volo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:13 PM   #217
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

"Oh, what woes did this night bring with it. Three of us lie dead, but at least one of them in death now is revealed as one of our enemies.

But, o gruesome fate, here now lies Túrin, son of Húrin, mastered by grief over his sister. Túrin, dear, like a son you were to me and like a brother also."

With these words, Macalaure cast away his cloak and stood before the outlaws revealed in his true shape. But no longer was it Macalaure the outlaw, but Beleg Strongbow, once Captain of the Marchwardens of Doriath, now Captain of Dor Cúarthol, wise, strong and beautiful, but also aweful to behold in this hour of his grief and wrath.

"One of these foul creatures still is among us and we shall lynch it today or we shall likely meet our doom as well."

He looked deep into the eyes of everybody, but only one was able to return his sharp glance.

"Of this elderly lady alone I know that she truly is on our side, for I protected her in the same night that some Andróg wickedly stole my bow. Stand up, Rikae, and let us judge what is to be done. The Guy who be short and Gil-Galad will now surely vote for each other, unless they be foolish and cannot tell apart an Elf from a Wolf. But we now must counsel each other and exchange wise words to uncover the truth about these two outlaws, for one of them is not what he claims he is.

Unfortunately, even the Fair Folk is restrained by the need for sleep and Lórien's gardens now call for me to wander within them in my dreams."
Old 07-04-2007, 10:14 PM   #218
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Rikae stood up, and the others noticed that she seemed no longer bent with age; in fact, she appeared surprisingly tall for an old woman. She answered the elf in a husky voice.
"Phfff!
I know who you are, Beleg, though I don't know what you are doing awake so early! But I suppose it's easier to get a good night's rest when you're not busy fending off wolves -"
at these words, Rikae pulled Beleg's bow from under her cloak. The androgenously attired Androg gave a hearty laugh. He contined...
"the way I see it, we have a 75% probability of survival now. We must choose to lynch either Gil or Guy, of course - I suggest Gil, because I can't stand the thought of being defeated by someone who acted so blatently wolfish - but if we choose wrong, we still have a chance. I can protect either of us tonght - I'll flip a coin to decide - and if the remaining wolf misses the kill...again...we can lynch him tomorrow."

Androg rubbed his hands together in wicked glee.

"What do you think of those odds, Guy?"

Last edited by Rikae; 07-04-2007 at 10:17 PM. Reason: diction
Old 07-05-2007, 01:59 AM   #219
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Guy awoke and looked around. He was at first depressed by the bloodshed, but this quickly changed into happiness when he realised that not only was one wolf dead; but two innocents had also revealed themselves.

"Well, I think the Night brings more good news than bad; with two gifteds and one wolf I think the odds are, in fact, brilliant. You're right, Rikae, there's a 75% chance of victory now, from an objective point of view. It's 100% from mine.

However, as one of the two suspects, I think it would hardly be fitting for me to analyse everything Lhuna, Gil-Galad and I have said. I leave this to Mac, who enjoys that kinda thing, and wonder why I have woken up so early this morning."

He yawned.

"Obviously, as you say, I shall vote for Gil-Galad, who was my second suspect last night and whose behaviour I find very odd and befitting a wolf.

++GIL-GALAD

And the village is now in your hands, Mac & Rikae. Vote well."

He bowed and lay down to have a nap.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:07 AM   #220
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

"Turin spent the night rather productive before he was taken from us, for which I am glad. It eases my work today greatly. Our main suspects were Lhuna and the Guy. We picked Lhuna over the Guy because we thought he might be Nienor. Guy was also Turin's hunt on the first two nights.

The two never seriously suspected the other, except when Lhuna said she thought one wolf among Guy and Nogrod, but that might have been just to justify her vote for Noggie.

But how could Guy and Lhuna miss that one kill? I don't know. You could as well ask how Lhuna could miss the kill on her own (with Gil being absent). They shall tell us once they're dead.

It speaks against Lhuna and Gil that Lhuna was slightly trying to further the lynching of Gil on Day Two, while her "I advise you not to be too jumpy, though, or I for one might forgo my previous assumption and contemplate on having you lynched." yesterday speaks for it.

And that is really all that can be said about the two.

Rikae, you said:
"I suggest Gil, because I can't stand the thought of being defeated by someone who acted so blatently wolfish"
I do not see him soo blatantly wolvish. In fact, I couldn't stand the idea of being defeated by the Wolf who be short just because of Gil's little participation (no offense, Gil. I know it's not entirely your fault).

Just why do I not get the impression that Guy's happiness of late is honest? Indeed, it would be 100% from your point of view - unless Rikae and I do something stupid and lynch you! Did you not wish to say something to avert that? Did you not wish to tell us why Gil is far more wolvish than you are and more likely to be a couple with Lhuna?

Vote well? I'm inclined not to - from your point of view."
Old 07-05-2007, 04:43 AM   #221
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Guy awoke as Mac asked him questions and poked him with Rikae's stick.

"I'm awake, I'm awake...

You want to know why I think Gil is wolvish. This has already been said several times, and so I will simply reiterate the points.

1) The uncommon talkativeness which seems to imply an extra effort to stay alive.

2) The no-kill on Night 3 fits Gil's profile as he was away.

3) The odd behaviour with Brinniel yesterday.

You say I never seriously suspected Lhuna, but the same can be said of my attitude towards Brinn, Rikae, and you (Mac). I think this is hardly suspicious when I had what I felt were much more suspicious targets around and limited time.

I also don't get your maths. Knowing I'm innocent, I know 100% that Gil is a wolf. If I were a wolf and you voted for Gil, though, I would only have a 50% chance of success as Rikae would protect one of you.

Obviously I'd prefer you to vote for Gil and end everything today for certain. However, if you lynch me, you still have a 50% chance of success, so all is not completely lost. Therefore, if you do choose to do that, I'll grudgingly accept it.

Depending on how sedated I am afterwards, I think that's it from me. Goodbye."
Old 07-05-2007, 09:10 AM   #222
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

"Beleg, while being killed by Guy because of Gil's nonparticipation would be bad, wouldn't it be worse to let Gil win through nothing but jokes and defensiveness?
Guy, you'll note that Beleg is no longer a gifted; he's been downgraded"... Androg winked and held the bow aloft ... "yes, Beleg; if you had only spoken more cautiously that first day, I might not have seen through you.
You have been wrong in all your suspicions thus far; why should I listen now? I did before, for fear of lynching Turin, but now I will think for myself.

I think it would be wise to recall the things Lhuna said about each of these men, and they about her. Good thing I have a photographic memory...so, the first two days, then:

Lhuna on Gil:

-"But as of yet, there is nothing to scrutinise - unless we make a big deal out of Gil's glibness."

This seems odd to me, because it simutaneously sounds as though she is acknowledgning Gil's oddness, while making it appear insignificant.

-No mention in her second speech.

-"Gil - again, he's too glib to be in this serious situation we are now in. But a voice in my head says that this is how he normally is, and it would be foolish to kill him for this reason alone. He bears close watching in the next Days, though."

More excuses.

-"I need some time alone to think, but for now I leave you with this. Gil-galad," he looked towards the man, and just as she suspected he was fast asleep, "as he gave the first vote for Shasta, said this: 'rest in peace my lad, though for the first couple of days, many innocents will probably be lost.' Was this a slip that he knew he was innocent? I could have misunderstood him, but that's my interpretation of it."

This, however, looks like unnecessary and ill-founded scapegoating.

-(To me)"It is normal, I guess, that we understand the same statement differently, for we are two different people. For my part, I sensed an offhandedness in Gil's manner of speaking that I found unsettling. Each to her own. But I will not pay much heed to it for now, for there could be a lot more revealing words from Gil - or anyone, for that matter - later. I would that he consider our situation more seriously toDay."

Letting Gil off the hook, but then, she's been questioned.

-No mention in next two speeches.

Lhuna on Guy:

-No mention of him in her first speech.

-"I feel rather uncomfortable with tgwbs's vote - I would rather he chose one among those who have already spoken. Rather hasty, it seems to me, and safe, for in the event that xyzzy is killed and found innocent, he could hardly be blamed for playing a crucial role in it."

This looks to me like something a wolf would say about an innocent, considering that said vote was clearly not a searious one - Guy based it on Xyzzy's 'sleepiness'.

-No mention in third speech.

"And that's not the only thing: one of Nogrod's primary reasons for suspecting tgwbs, if I understand him right, was that he found the short guy overfriendly. But reminiscing on yesterDay's discussions brings no such thing to mind. The closest I found to an attempt of tgwbs to be friendly with Nogrod was that the former shared a glance with the latter - who had his eyes closed."
and
"It's a one-sided 'relationship,' this between Nogrod and the short guy, but all the same it makes me think if there's more to it than meets the eye. There are a few possibilities. One, they are Turin and Beleg, and this is their way of evading the wolves at Night, for their act casts perilous attention on them during the Day. Two, they are the wolves, and Nogrod seeks to have his comrade lynched, as though by sheer chance or cunning, so he can win us over into believing his innocence, or he can prove his worth. Or three, I am, which I am likely to do, reading too much into this."

-"My suspicion of tgwbs has now diminished, with his explanation for his early vote yesterDay, and the sensible observations he has given toDay. But that thing with all those numbers...it's distracting, whatever it is. I don't know what it is, but if I did, I'm quite sure I would be hating it."

-No mention in next speech.

Gil on Lhuna:

No mention in first three speeches.

Guy on Lhuna:

-No mention of her in his first four speeches.

-(to Nogrod) "Your fellow wolf must, I feel, be in the Rikae-Lhuna-Mith-Brinn group. Of these, Brinn seems unlikely as you voted together yesterday, so the first three are most likely to be your fellow, in my view."

Putting a wolf in a group of not only innocents, but gifteds...? The fact that all four had special roles actually makes this look more sincere, to me -gifteds give off a "strange" vibe similar to that of wolves.

-No mention in next three speeches.

-"However," he continued, "I agree with what you have said concerning the Lhunatic. It is never conducive to ponder the gifteds aloud, and you are right to say she should know better. This gives me reason to worry about her"

-Likewise, I do not trust Lhuna for her debating the gifteds.

These feel like very low-grade suspicion, more of a going-with-the-flow.

Now I need to catch my breath, but I'll be back shortly to finish this list."
Old 07-05-2007, 10:02 AM   #223
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

"Unfortunately, sleep seems to have an unnatural hold over me today. I do not think I can keep myself awake any longer, nor that I will wake again before the night comes. I shall therefore give my vote right now.

Gil has not been awake today and there is little hope he will. Personally, I think the Guy is more suspicious than Gil. But, if I am wrong and Gil is indeed evil, there might be a chance that he, unlike the Guy, will also sleep all through the night, which gives us a slightly higher chance to survive.

Since I do not count on Gil waking up again today, I think I can vote the Guy without too much of a risk, and thus leave the final decision to you, Rikae, whom I trust.

++the guy who be short"

Last edited by Macalaure; 07-05-2007 at 10:04 AM. Reason: a demon had control over my grammar
Old 07-05-2007, 10:13 AM   #224
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Androg poked Beleg with the staff yet again. "Stop calling me Rikae!

It's a pity you can't stay awake and discuss this further, but if you must sleep, so be it, and may your dreams be entertaining...

I see little point in arguing with myself, so I will think about the options and give my vote ere sunset."

With this, Androg sat down on a stump, resting his elbow on his knee and his chin on his fist, and frowned pensively.

Last edited by Rikae; 07-05-2007 at 10:15 AM. Reason: That demon seems to travel fast.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:08 PM   #225
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Gil yawned as he woke up

"so the two that accused me most are both dead now... and now yo udon't expect me to vote my dear Beleg, but let me assure you that the kill of Guy will win the game for us, so let this nightmare be over and we may continue our lives

++TGWBS

i have been an outlaw this whole time, and i have gathered enough suspicion to let the wolves pass me by, the finalizing vote decides on Rikae, who may vote for me to be safe but like i said, i wish to survive this one time, i don't know how much i can say for my innocence but i was being specualated for not defending, then i went on the super defensive and i got specualted for being too defensive... this, game if you will, has taken alot out of me, let us kill TGWBS and let us be rid of this scourge"

Gil sat back down hoping that he will indeed see the day again... then he sat up

Last edited by Gil-Galad; 07-05-2007 at 12:16 PM.
Gil-Galad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:10 PM   #226
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

"Well, I suppose at this point, this is merely a formality. I could see either Gil or Guy as a wolf; but why break a perfect record of voting together, eh, Beleg? Though we lynched an innocent every other time..."

Androg trailed off...then once again addressed the slumbering elf.

"Let's hope you've chosen right for once; or, barring that, the wolf once again chooses wrong."

With that, the redundant Rikae retrieved his staff, and resignedly wrote:

++ The Guy who be Short
Old 07-05-2007, 02:00 PM   #227
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Androg sat down next to the unconscious Beleg, and took a chunk of bread from the satchel he carried and ate it in silence, watching the sky turn orange and deep blue as the sun sank into the west.
He looked at Guy and Gil.
"Which of you is it, then?" he asked casually.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:00 PM   #228
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Day 5

As the tension rose, the guy who be short started to breathe heavily and his face turned red. "There is no way you are getting me to the wall!"

"But we are," said Gil-Galad, drawing his sword. "Surrender, beast, or we are going to stone you like a dog."

"No one can withstand the power of the King of North," said the guy who be short. "No one of you is getting out of this place alive. You think you have won? Think again! I will feast on your meat tonight!"

"Get him!" Gil-Galad yelled, as the short guy's body started to change.

Andróg and Beleg prepared to fight. The guy who be short was not short anymore: he morphed into a gigantic black wolf with burning red eyes. He howled and the sound was like thunder. With tremendous roar, he charged at the outlaws.

Gil-Galad charged to stab the wolf but was disarmed: the sword flew away from his hand and broke. Beleg's sword left but a scratch on the beast's skin. But suddenly, Andróg reached for Belthronding, the great bow he hid behind his back.

"It is you who should fear us, wolf. I may have needed the staff to walk in my guise, but I'm no old woman. I may have been wrong about Gil so now I take it upon myself to avenge my friend Túrin and his dear sister." With these words Andróg shot an arrow that flew into the wolf's shoulder.

The guy who be short roared in pain but struggled to send a claw flying at the archer. The attack would have been fatal, if Beleg hadn't recovered in time and tossed himself at the beast. They both fell on the ground and the wolf was soon upon Beleg slashing at the valiant man's arms. Beleg grabbed at the arrow still sticking from the wolf's arm and pulled it out tearing the wound. He then pushed the arrow deep into the monster's chest.

Meanwhile Andróg let out another arrow. It run straight into the wolf's neck so deep that only the feathers were seen. Beleg crawled from under the dying wolf covered in blood himself. As if it wasn't enough, Gil-Galad took the broken hilt of his sword and drove it like a dagger into tgwbs's heart. With one loud bark, the wolf died.

The outlaws win!

Andróg wins!

The werewolves lose!

~*~

The ending narration coming with The Legate's return.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:59 PM   #229
Volo

Or, as Legate suggested, the living players could continue roleplaying if they want.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:13 AM   #230
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Epilogue

After such a long time, there was silence, peace and quiet on Amon Rûdh. As calm night fell down outside and the waning moon rose high upon clear skies of Beleriand, only the burning torches on the walls and lamps hanging from the ceiling lit the faces of the three survivors: Andróg, Beleg and Gil-Galad.

All were lost in their thoughts. Beleg, looking at the dead corpse of the terrible beast lying in front of them, remembered with pain Túrin his friend and his last words. "I knew there was something evil going to happen," he muttered to himself. "Alas! But what shall I say to Thingol the King? How could I face Húrin the Steadfast if he ever returns from the shadows? And what will I say to Morwen, mother of Nienor - that both of her children are lost?"
The joy of victory disappeared. Just sorrow remained.

Gil-Galad observed the dead body with disgust. What a terrible creature has lived alongside them all these days! He should have run during the days they were outside with the Dwarf, leaving this terrible place behind. He shuddered. But at least he is now alive and safe - unless he has anything to worry about from these two? He looked sideways on those he knew before as Macalaure and Rikae.

Andróg mourned only a little. Yes, he was sad of loss of his captain, with whom he wanted to continue the life of an outlaw. And even he was shocked by the terrible fate that befell the children of Húrin. But now he was holding the precious bow of Beleg, and the knowledge of it for a moment smoothed away all the thoughts of evil and danger of previous days and nights. He palmed the black wood of Belthronding and a smile appeared on his face.

Unnoticed by the remaining Outlaws, Mîm walked into the place. With fear, he looked at the carcass that once was the guy who be short and then looked at the faces of the standing. He noticed the smile on Andróg's face and frowned. Old hatred woke inside him again, now intensified by the recent events. How comes poor Túrin and Nienor and other good men and women are dead, and this wretched one still lives! With no less hatred he looked at Beleg. Serves him right, being robbed of what he cared the most, he thought to himself. But at that moment Beleg looked at him and their eyes met.

"Mîm!" he said. "Look, the last beast is dead: the hill is clear again."
"Mîm's heart cannot rejoice," said the Dwarf. "Both his sons lie in deep sleep now, and the friend of his chose to end his life."
Beleg came near to him. "I know how you feel: I, too, lost those whom I beloved. But you are now free of your debt, and we will no longer trouble you. I have to leave soon, to bring, alas, bad tidings to those of my kin. And the rest will probably leave you soon as well."
"The Elf is right," spoke Gil-Galad. "There is nothing for us here. At least I don't want to stay in this place, and if possible, do not want to see it again. I may join some outlaws to continue the battle against the Enemy, but - I will avoid Amon Rûdh on long distance."
"That said -" Beleg turned to Andróg. But the outlaw raised his hand. "I know what are you going to say, Elf. But there will be time. Let us sleep now. I am terribly tired."
Beleg nodded. "All right, then. We will burn the beast's body tomorrow and then speak. Go to sleep if you want. But I will spend the last night beside the entrance, remembering my friend." With these words he headed in that direction; and Andróg's sight followed him.

It was deep night still and Mîm the Dwarf was sneaking through the corridors of Amon Rûdh. Treading lightly, he at last came to the place he was seeking. First, he just took a peek in the room, but when nothing was to be seen, quietly he entered. Only a few steps in front of him he knew was the place, where his enemy slept. Soundlessly, he raised the bow he was holding. "If he does, he shall die by it," sounded in his ears. "That curse I lay on him -"
But before he could prepare the arrow to shoot, something pulled him, a hand gagged his mouth and he was picked up. The bow fell to the ground. Mîm kicked his legs, but he couldn't make a sound. He felt as something took a dart from his quiver and put it to his throat.
"Shh," said Andróg. "You don't want to wake up Gil-Galad, don't you." The Petty Dwarf was tossing himself, but to no effect. He felt as the arrowhead is pressing harder on his neck.
"Stop it," spoke the Outlaw once again, "or I will have to fulfil my curse myself. You surely don't want that. Or do you? I need only a little service from you. I know there is a hidden way out of the hill. Now where is it?"
Mîm felt that the hand holding his mouth loosened its grip. "I won't tell you anything," he chuckled. "You killer, murderer! My sons are dead, now I care not of my life anymore! You can do whatever you want to me, but I am not going to help you -"
"Indeed?" said Andróg with soft voice. "Then sorry." Suddenly Mîm felt a pain and warm blood began to flow on his neck. "I will tell! I will tell!" he breathed. Behind him, in the darkness, Andróg smiled. "So you are still afraid of death," he said. "Now tell me."

It was morning and Gil-Galad awoke sooner that day. "Hey, Elf!" he shouted, coming out of the cave. "Are you awake? I want to leave this place as soon as possible."
Beleg was still sitting on the edge of the cliff. "I burned that carrion as sun rose," he said. "We can leave now. Only I need to have a word with Andróg. Is he awoke yet?"
"I have not seen him," said Gil-Galad. "Maybe he sleeps still."
"Let us see, then," Beleg said, stood up and went to the cave, followed by Gil-Galad. But when they reached Andróg's room, the only thing they found was old Mîm lying on the floor in bonds. There was blood on his clothes. "What happened here?" asked Beleg when he released the Dwarf. "He put bonds on me!" he cried.
"We saw that," muttered Gil-Galad.
"He put bonds on me! AGAIN!" cried Mîm. "I will never, never, never forget him! Curse him, curse him forever! And all who offer aid or show mercy to him shall be cursed too!"
"Stop that," said Beleg. "Don't you have enough curses? How did he flee?"
"He forced me to show him the hidden stair," said the Dwarf, angered. "I will kill him, I swear I will kill him if I see him - !"
"I think we should leave," said Gil-Galad. "That little man is clearly out of his mind."
Beleg rose. "You are right. Fare thee well, Mîm, with all joy that can remain in your life!"
"Joy?" said the Dwarf. "There is no joy left for Mîm. Only revenge! Yes, revenge..."
The two Outlaws walked away, leaving the old Dwarf to himself.

Sun shone brightly that day and western wind blew. Beleg and Gil-Galad looked from the top of the hill upon the plains, forests and in the far north the shadowy heights of Dor-Lómin.
"I think I may go home," said Gil-Galad. "What about you?"
"Me, too," said Beleg. "I have some news to tell..."
"All right then," the young Outlaw reached his arm. "Fare thee well. Hopefully we may see each other again, in a better place. And - hey, your bow! You are leaving it to the old scoundrel?"
But Beleg did not answer. So Gil-Galad just shrugged and turned to climb down the hill, as Beleg's high stature still remained standing silently above him; until he descended among the piled rocks and then he saw the Elf no more.
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote