The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-30-2006, 03:28 AM   #1
SarumanCymraeg
Pile O'Bones

SarumanCymraeg has just left Hobbiton.
Evil/Corrupted Dwarves

Like all the other races of Middle-earth, some Dwarves were not as 'good' in nature as the mainstream.

In 'The Hobbit' it is explicitly stated that there are 'evil Dwarves'. Also, during the war of the Last Alliance, Tolkien states that 'of the Dwarves, little fought on either side', which suggests strongly that while the Dwarves of Khazad-Dum did (as we know for a fact) fight alongside Gil-galad and Elendil, others did in fact fight for Sauron.

It's pretty conclusive, I think, that there were 'evil' Dwarves in Middle-earth.

All I'd like to know, however, is are there any writings on the Dwarves that talk and elaborate on the darker Dwarves, probably from the east and possibly corrupted by Morgoth in their early days? Does anybody know?
Old 07-30-2006, 09:57 PM   #2
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Well i haven't read anything that talks about the evil dwarves, as most dwarves keep to themselves and only really act if they feel its the right thing. the only thing that i can see evil dwarves doing really is just making weapons for Morgoth and what-not. and probably not big evil dwarven armies though.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:37 PM   #3
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Saruman, you should check out Kuruharan's recent thread (link below). It's gone into some great and interesting discussion as well as providing some writings that you could look for if you are interested in further readings.

Arcane Topic Warning: Part the Third