The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-04-2011, 07:12 PM   #281
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
I think Angu's quote meant more like 'Good ol' boy, I know you're the seer and have dreamed of Boro, let's win this now!'
Hmm... that is a possibility. Although it's hard for me to see anyone looking at tp as the seer... and taking in al the other things Ang has done I must say I'm leaning towards the interpretation I made in my previous post.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:13 PM   #282
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Just check this: What else is this but trying to tell the phantom that "I'm now straight-talking to you"? No veils, no foolery: "come with us on this and we'll win..." See even the first bolded part. It is a straight call to the phantom and the phantom only. "I'm addressing you here..."
Or 'Hey seer, what are you trying to suggest?' If Ang, Boro & Nerwen are the wolves, your point about Angu trying to hint at the phantom about the wolves' identity is invalid.

I'm not sure I like Nog sowing doubt about the gifteds... Because yes I still trust Angu, and ed.

Last edited by Aganzir; 02-04-2011 at 07:14 PM. Reason: xed with Nog
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:17 PM   #283
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Explain this exchange to me in other terms than Ang being a wolf with Boro:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang
it's kind of late, what can I say. I'm sure the wolves know what you're into

You seem to want to scrutinise Boro, probs to the point of death, without exactly saying as much. Could you do me a favour and put that plan on hold? I want to lynch somebody really helpful and pleasant instead.

Answered by tp:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
No, no- I don't want to kill Boro! That's probably the worst tactical move we could possibly make.
Agreement reached?
Old 02-04-2011, 07:19 PM   #284
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

I do like being right, but I hate being right when there's little you can do with it...
Old 02-04-2011, 07:27 PM   #285
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
'Why did you wait till now and are speaking in code? As if the wolves wouldn't realise what you're doing...'
I don't know about the second sentence though.
And phantom's response: 'Yeah Boro is the hunter and probably hunting me, stay clear of him!'
Old 02-04-2011, 07:35 PM   #286
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I am very touched that Milord Anguirel is making my social life his top priority... such a thoughtful chap.... And I trust him . The timing explains why he didn't protect Fea.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:36 PM   #287
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
'Why did you wait till now and are speaking in code? As if the wolves wouldn't realise what you're doing...'
I don't know about the second sentence though.
And phantom's response: 'Yeah Boro is the hunter and probably hunting me, stay clear of him!'
Where is that and what does it relate to? I tried to refresh the page but couldn't find that...
Old 02-04-2011, 07:37 PM   #288
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Mith: read #283 and tell me how that is written by an innocent Ang...
Old 02-04-2011, 07:37 PM   #289
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Where is that and what does it relate to? I tried to refresh the page but couldn't find that...
Sorry, that was just me paraphrasing Angu & phantom's exchange that you quoted. I should probably go to sleep.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:40 PM   #290
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
If someone held a revolver on my forehead and demanded for a take on the wolves I'd probably say Ang, Boro and Nerwen... (or Elra swopping places with Nerwen as Ang did protect Elron quite boldly earlier).
The thing is, I've spent literally the entire game trusting Ang and Boro. And if I'm that intensely wrong, it'll be the first time I've misread either of them that problematically. I mean, I've never been wrong about either of them. So I'm inclined to keep trusting them. It's not like it's to my detriment to be mistaken... I'm already dead.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:50 PM   #291
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Boro - phantom
Glirdan - Boro
Green - sally

Left: Angu, Nerwen, phantom, ed, sally

If both Boro, Glirdan and Greenie are innocent, the wolves have almost certainly won. They and the cobbler(s) can just jump on one of the bandwagons. Maybe orchestrate a double-lynch or something.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:51 PM   #292
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I must say I'm not overly fond of Angu asking ed who she's going to hunt... Lie, girl! Just to be on the safe side!
Old 02-04-2011, 07:56 PM   #293
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

*Enter a reasonable villager who rallies the other to vote for Boro!*

Just a daydream I'm afraid.

Okay, looking back it could as well be Boro, Ang and Sally (thus the suggestion of getting rid of Greenie and defending Sally mildly).

Elron might be the real hunter then, just to inexperienced to be drawn in with the example of a senior? Exactly the thing the wolves wished to know.

Okay. Let's see.

Boro -> tp
Glirdy -> Boro
Greenie -> Sally

So those who have till votes are:

Ang (I say a wolf)
phantom (cobbler clearly in agreement with Ang)

These two can give two votes to anyone they see fit and will probably vote in concerto, esecially if needed.

That leaves us

Elron - a game changer? Sadly no I think.
Sally - could se something but hardly the one to go against the overall mood (and could be the third wolf anyway - thus voting with Ang & tp?).

Which leaves Nerwen to fight for us, unless she is the last wolf (Ang suggesting tp lynching her would talk for her innocense though).

So the chance of there being a real contest toDay with the voting - and thus us having a chance to play a role there is pretty thin. It would require both Nerwen being a goodie and having time and energy and eye to this and launching a major attack there - compelling enough for the other innocents to follow.

Wait, it might be there is only Elron as an innocent with a vote left besides Nerwen. If they both voted for Boro he would gather 3 votes.

Hey, that would mean that if Boro is a wolf (1 vote), Sally is a wolf (1 vote) and as tp is the cobbler (1 vote) now friends with Ang, they'd need to pick someone else!

And what Ang said would support that! He was looking for new suspects like Nerwen or Greenie as they'd hate to lose one of those already having votes?

Together Ang, Sally & tp could give 3 votes to someone thus tying it up with Boro/Sally, if Nerwen and Elron both voted for one of them. Great! Our extravote could make a difference there!

Well, now how likely is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
The thing is, I've spent literally the entire game trusting Ang and Boro. And if I'm that intensely wrong, it'll be the first time I've misread either of them that problematically. I mean, I've never been wrong about either of them. So I'm inclined to keep trusting them.
Now you both Fea and Mith can't be cobblers... there's only one unknown cobbler left.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:01 PM   #294
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Nah. I think it's more likely Angu is telling the truth. My wolves are Nerwen and Greenie (who have kept a nice distance to each other, just look at their posts they're so conveniently 'hullo I'm a wolf and this is my fellow, I'm not really suspecting her but I want to take a look at her some day, whoops I'm so busy it will have to wait, well never mind!'), and probably Boro.

I think phantom is a cobbler who has pegged Boro as a wolf and is now trying to make the innocents believe he's the seer.

But if both he and Nog are cobblers, where's the real seer?
Old 02-04-2011, 08:02 PM   #295
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Whoops well now there's stuff going on.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:02 PM   #296
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Mith: read #283 and tell me how that is written by an innocent Ang...
Well it isn't . It is written by an innocent Aganzir.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:04 PM   #297
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

IF ANG IS NOT A WOLF I WILL EAT A HAT IN A LIVESTREAM PERFORMACE IN THE INTERNET!

That is so bad!

And looking at how Elron goes we might forget her helping us as she is just stargazing there...

*headdesk*

That's it then.

The ranger is our only hope fr one more Day - unless she gets lynched toDay.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:08 PM   #298
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Well it isn't . It is written by an innocent Aganzir.
I think he was talking about his own post in this thread.

This is hilarious (or would be if so much didn't depend on it). Phantom's reveal doesn't look any more innocent than Nog's...

Nerwen? Sally? Anyone? Where's the real seer?
Old 02-04-2011, 08:10 PM   #299
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Here.

And has been all the time.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:15 PM   #300
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
I think he was talking about his own post in this thread.

This is hilarious (or would be if so much didn't depend on it). Phantom's reveal doesn't look any more innocent than Nog's...

The phantom.... I remember him playing like this another time as an innocent. And I still trust Ang because I can't see any of the others saving me,

Old 02-04-2011, 08:16 PM   #301
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Sally has to be a wolf doesn't she? She has contributed nothing that I can remember.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:18 PM   #302
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Here.

And has been all the time.
I just realised the smiley looks like the Muskrat from the Moomin books.

Quote:
The phantom.... I remember him playing like this another time as an innocent. And I still trust Ang because I can't see any of the others saving me,
Me too - he was the hunter and pretended to be the cobbler so that even us wolves believed him. He was lynched towards the end of the game and he took one of us with him. That time it was more like 'You know I'd save you, [insert wolf about to be lynched]!' while in this game he's been making points that are simply wrong.

And given how innocent you looked, I'm not surprised you were attacked. I could have protected you, too.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:18 PM   #303
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

I'm very sorry. I was badly mistaken.

I said the seer-revelator would explain he had not much to tell as those he had dreamt of had died already. I didn't realise he could also do this to end the gmae for certain:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
I wish so badly that I could produce good news about remaining voters (Nerwen and Sally for instance), but instead I only know the innocence of those who have already voted (Glirdan & Boro) and thus I cannot hope to gain their voting assistance.

And see the pressure they're bringing on poor Elron... They should be ashamed of themselves, grown men!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
The most difficult thing for me to discern currently is if Daughter is Cobbler or Wolf. I actually considered holding off on my reveal once she looked likely to go along with me (I had hopes that she was a Cobbler and could be persuaded to vote incorrectly), but the possibility of her being a Wolf I thought was too great to allow the chance of the Dead handing her a double vote.
I'm at quite a disadvantage in that regard, especially with Daughter still holding her vote there and the fact that I am suggesting it is likely that there is another Wolf among our remaining voters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang
It's your vote today that's of absolutely crucial importance
You didn't listen, now did you?
Old 02-04-2011, 08:22 PM   #304
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Hmm he was talking to ed, I think?
Old 02-04-2011, 08:23 PM   #305
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel View Post
I should add that, though it means have to swallow some gall for the millionth time today, I currently buy phantom's account more readily than Elra's. You are right, sally, in that lynching Elra does seem to be the best compromise in a way. But is a compromise what we need?
And she will kill phantom who is just a cobbler, and it's 3-3 even before the night starts. No need to worry about the ranger or anything.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:24 PM   #306
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Sally has to be a wolf doesn't she? She has contributed nothing that I can remember.
Hey Hurray! That's it. But not for the reason you say, but for the reason why they need to pressure Elron right now - to get the fourth vote and thus make sure neither Nerwen or us get in their way with lynching an innocent.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:26 PM   #307
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
And given how innocent you looked, I'm not surprised you were attacked. I could have protected you, too.
Apart from the not being alive and not being the ranger thing of course ... Do you still have the Snuffkin hat?

Old 02-04-2011, 08:28 PM   #308
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
And who saw this coming? I did, I did!
Old 02-04-2011, 08:29 PM   #309
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
And she will kill phantom who is just a cobbler, and it's 3-3 even before the night starts. No need to worry about the ranger or anything.
Loslote might be a wolf if Nogrod is lying.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:29 PM   #310
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Hmm he was talking to ed, I think?
That was not referring to Ang but as a general comment on you and Mith basically - and all the others through this game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
Something interesting developing in the game-thread I presume? *Goes to see*
Old 02-04-2011, 08:29 PM   #311
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Apart from the not being alive and not being the ranger thing of course ... Do you still have the Snuffkin hat?
Oh yes I have it, it's my favourite winter hat.

I'm not sure I think sally is a wolf. Green and Nerwen still look worse to me. And I still don't know what to think of Nog, he seems to be changing his wolf suspects by the minute.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:30 PM   #312
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
True but we haven't seen her since... the night she died?
Old 02-04-2011, 08:30 PM   #313
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Try something better... well, actually you can't. We lost the game already.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:33 PM   #314
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
True but we haven't seen her since... the night she died?
Didn't show a lot while she was alive...

Old 02-04-2011, 08:33 PM   #315
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
And I still don't know what to think of Nog, he seems to be changing his wolf suspects by the minute.
The situation has changed by the minute, but I think it's the endgame now and am pretty happy with Ang - Boro - Sally -trio - as I have been for the last hour or something.

I have to check the game-thread though if there is something new now.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:36 PM   #316
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
The situation has changed by the minute, but I think it's the endgame now and am pretty happy with Ang - Boro - Sally -trio - as I have been for the last hour or something.
No I think that's impossible. If Angu wasn't Glorfindel, there would have been a counter-reveal. Yes Nerwen isn't here yet, but he would have risked getting lynched if she was Glorfindel and had countered it. Not worth it for a wolf, given that he hadn't been suspected that much.

I still say Nerwen, Greenie & Boro.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:40 PM   #317
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

So Ang as the sane person around here this voting ...now fo rthe the double vote and before morning for the woluf -non woluf dead vote?

Old 02-04-2011, 08:43 PM   #318
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Yep..managed ot get back and check... getting to the top of threads is taking a n age

Old 02-04-2011, 08:46 PM   #319
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Yeah now for the double vote.

I won't stay awake for another half an hour so I should probably vote soon... I don't like the fact I don't know what's going to happen. The wolves will probably hold their votes.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:46 PM   #320
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

How do you explain that exchange between Ang and phantom other than Ang being a wolf. Or how he lured Elron to reveal in the first place?

And actually I haven't changed my wolves that much lately. I've had Ang and Boro there for a long time (Boro for a very long time indeed). It's merely a question of the third one I've been changing my mind.

Remember, I know the phantom is a cobbler - and he is doing that now quite beautifuly after the agreement Ang told him to take.

The only thing bothering me now is that I was much more confident half an hour ago. There is something enigmatic going on in there which is either just a very clever plot, wrong third wolf I'm looking at or something. Sadly it's so late I'm not sure how sharp I am right now to spot the exact details where the devil lives...