Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2008, 09:42 AM   #401
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
I think the messier the better (that means more conflict). Kitanna, I personally think that it would make for more fun rpg'ing if Peony didn't come in quiet as a mouse, don't you think? Unless she's quiet now so that she can flare up in anger at Rudy's words after he speaks?
I was thinking of starting her quiet and then have Melilot leave the kitchen and then Peony can get loud and angry.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:48 PM   #402
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
That makes sense.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:51 PM   #403
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
With no objections my post will be up in a little bit.

Edit:

Fin/Kitanna, if you want Mira/Peony to bust in to stop Rudy from giving his compliments to Melilot, now would be the time to do so

Last edited by Boromir88; 02-23-2008 at 04:24 PM.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:46 PM   #404
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm going to be leaving the Barrowdowns soon. Nothing wrong, it's just a timing thing and a personal thing. But I'm going to see my commitments through, such as this rpg. Maybe I knew this was coming down the pike, which is why I chose a very old character for this rpg. Pretty much from the beginning I've been planning on Gaffer Hugo dying at some point during this rpg. Sooner or later, it doesn't matter to me. But some time soon, once their travels begin, he is going to start weakening rapidly. Just want you to know.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:57 PM   #405
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Well, that's a shame. Barrow-downs without LMP? Not sure I can fathom it...
Old 02-25-2008, 09:00 AM   #406
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Leaving permanently?
Old 02-25-2008, 09:42 AM   #407
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I don't know if it's permanent or not, but I must treat it as if it is. But I will complete my commitments before I go. This is, for me, an "Abraham you must sacrifice your beloved son" moment, if you will. When I go, I will leave an email address and my xanga link for anyone who wishes to keep in contact.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:50 AM   #408
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
LMP going? I'm so sorry to see that, but I don't wish to burden you LMP with uselss moaning. I do hope that you'll be back some day, though.

On a totally different subject (as the show must go on), who shall post next?
Old 02-26-2008, 08:35 PM   #409
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
wow that is a bit of a surprise...LMP leaving? Never would have thought.. Sad to hear that. You will be sorely missed.

Now... sorry to be a bit of a downer...(lol double entendre) but we REALLY need to get this day finished. I am starting to get annoyed and am slightly losing interest. I wasn't planning on this being an overly long RPG, but this is getting a little ridiculous. I've start to lose my train of thought for Bunny, as the time lags on. I don't by any means want to stop this, but we need to start progressing more. I'm not saying we need to post every day, but I think it not unreasonable to expect each member to at least post 2-3 times per week, but you must also reply in a timely manner to other member posts, if it is needed. I hate to be pushy, but we need to do something to get us going.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:32 PM   #410
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier View Post
wow that is a bit of a surprise...LMP leaving? Never would have thought.. Sad to hear that. You will be sorely missed.

Now... sorry to be a bit of a downer...(lol double entendre) but we REALLY need to get this day finished. I am starting to get annoyed and am slightly losing interest. I wasn't planning on this being an overly long RPG, but this is getting a little ridiculous. I've start to lose my train of thought for Bunny, as the time lags on. I don't by any means want to stop this, but we need to start progressing more. I'm not saying we need to post every day, but I think it not unreasonable to expect each member to at least post 2-3 times per week, but you must also reply in a timely manner to other member posts, if it is needed. I hate to be pushy, but we need to do something to get us going.
Agreed. On all accounts. It'll be a real loss to have LMP go. But if he must, he must.

Also I was waiting to see if anyone else posted, but since none have stepped forward I will put a brief post up that hopefully progresses the story and pushes Rudy to reveal his plans for Peony and Mira.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:24 PM   #411
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Should the Hugo-Rudy-etc. gang finish their little breakfast episode before Tansy-and-friends start their day? Brown's always ready to post if needed. Just give the word.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:00 AM   #412
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I think Tansy and company should start their day. They could interrupt Rudy's and Hugo's breakfast.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:28 AM   #413
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Should I be editing my last post then? Since I finished our morning at Tansy's and have brought us to Peony's already. Also what is going on with Ira? she has yet to be invited. She doesn't seem to be around and I am not willing to wait long periods for a player who has messed up internet (sorry). So what shall we do?
Old 02-27-2008, 09:05 AM   #414
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Sorry, I forgot that you had already got us started, Valier. My mistake.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:20 AM   #415
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
I am busy this morning, but I will get up a post this afternoon.

I agree with Valeir that we should try to be getting posts up every two days or so, so I will do my best...
Old 02-27-2008, 11:26 AM   #416
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier View Post
Should I be editing my last post then? Since I finished our morning at Tansy's and have brought us to Peony's already. Also what is going on with Ira? she has yet to be invited. She doesn't seem to be around and I am not willing to wait long periods for a player who has messed up internet (sorry). So what shall we do?
Perhaps we should wait for Rudy and Hugo to respond to Peony, then once it's decided they will all go, someone can invite Ira to join the party.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:46 AM   #417
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I can finish a post today, but there's been a bit of a snag at work...a lawsuit...that's going to keep me busy for a while.

I was not expecting this and I'm not going to be around that often, at least for a little while. I'll be able to get Rudy (and if I need to Hugo) to join in on this adventure, but after today it'll probably be at least a week before I can post again.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:48 AM   #418
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Never fear, I'll handle Hugo until his death.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:34 AM   #419
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Never fear, I'll handle Hugo until his death.
For some reason, that sounds quite morbid to me...

Anyway, I'm glad something's finally happening, maybe we'll get on the road before April?
Old 02-29-2008, 10:53 AM   #420
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

It does sound morbid. But that might just be the kind of person Elempi is, and we just don't know it.

I'll post next.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:46 PM   #421
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Ha ha ha! Well, of course it sounds morbid! "Morbis" ( I think) is the Latin word for death, so any talk about death is by definition morbid. There, you learned somethin'. But me, nah, I ain't morbid. Neither is Gaffer Hugo. Jus' ask him. He'll tell you.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:54 PM   #422
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Are my painfully short posts getting on anyones nerves? Cause if so, I can try to lengthen them, but they are so much easier that way.

So, my post is up.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:26 PM   #423
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Your post is fine for length, even if half of it's mine.

I'd say it's about time for Bunny, Tansy, and company to barge in on the Chubbs, don't you?
Old 03-01-2008, 05:54 AM   #424
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
I'd say it's about time for Bunny, Tansy, and company to barge in on the Chubbs, don't you?
Yes, maybe. Is Valier around to post? I can post on Monday at the earliest so if for some weird reason she hasn't appeared by then I'll post.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:29 AM   #425
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I'm around... why don't you post first Lommy, giving us a look at how Tansy feels. I will post something after that.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:02 AM   #426
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Your post is fine for length, even if half of it's mine.
That's what makes it so painfully short...
Old 03-03-2008, 03:42 AM   #427
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I just spent my history lesson sketching a post... where should I finish? I finished at them arriving at Peony's and gaffer Hugo announcing that they will come along, but am I too hasty here?
Old 03-03-2008, 09:42 AM   #428
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Post it up and we'll see if there are any problems. You can always revise later.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:21 AM   #429
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Post it up and we'll see if there are any problems. You can always revise later.
Alright, that's what I thought as well... I'll first do some nasty compulsory stuff and then I probably "have to" play ww, but I should be able to post it today...
Old 03-03-2008, 02:47 PM   #430
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Done. But now that I think of it.... Peony and Mira actually aren't ready, or are they?
Old 03-03-2008, 03:55 PM   #431
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Done. But now that I think of it.... Peony and Mira actually aren't ready, or are they?
Well all the supplies are ready and hidden in the bushes outside Peony's, so in that respect they're ready to leave.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:06 PM   #432
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
"And so are I and Rudy," Gaffer Hugo grinned.
I'm a stickler over Gaffer Hugo's speech patterns, so I must ask you to revise this just a wee bit. His grammar is admittedly not good standard English, but it's "not good" in a different way than what's in the quote. Please replace it with:

Quote:
"So are Rudy an' me!" Gaffer Hugo grinned.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:26 AM   #433
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
I'm a stickler over Gaffer Hugo's speech patterns, so I must ask you to revise this just a wee bit. His grammar is admittedly not good standard English, but it's "not good" in a different way than what's in the quote. Please replace it with:
Done. Thanks for nit-picking: it really is just a good thing as it makes the characters more believable.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:56 AM   #434
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Hold it, just had a thought. Melilot and Snatch are outside and should be the first to run into Bunny, Tansy, and Brown. Melilot would greet them as befits her, and Snatch would give them a "rousing welcome", if you know what I mean: Rararararar! Woof! Woof! Ruff! Ruff! Ruff! .... and similar such words of greeting, not to mention sniffing and licking, et cetera.

Should I write that post to be inserted, or are you up to fixing up yours, Lommy?
Old 03-05-2008, 08:16 AM   #435
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Well, I'm going to be busy, so if you could write that, I'd be grateful. But if it proves problematic, I can find time to do it.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:54 AM   #436
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Lommy, make the following revision to your last post and it should work.

Quote:
They arrived at Peony's house only to be rousingly welcomed by Gaffer Hugo's dog, Snatch. If they had been trying to sneak around, it would have been no good for the uproar Snatch made.

"Quiet, Snatch!" cried Melilot, which the dog did not immediatley agree to do. Once he recognized Tansy and Bunny as harmless hobbit lasses, his tongue hung out of his mouth in a big smile, ready to lick whatever hand or face was extended. But he growled at Brown.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:01 AM   #437
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Yes, but I had to add/edit few other sentences as well, but now it should work. Thanks LMP.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:00 PM   #438
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I figured you would have to do some other revision, but I knew you'd figure something out. Thank YOU.

We really need to spread the word that 'http://69.51.5.41' gets people here who can't the usual way.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:33 PM   #439
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

wow this is the first day I've been able to get on here. I've got work this afternoon, but when I get home I will read over what's been posted and post if I'm needed. Is it my turn to post? if so I will get it up a.s.a.p.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:30 PM   #440
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Well it appears like things are up and running here again. Starting Thursday and going through Tuesday I'm using up my vacation time that I need to get rid of before March. So, that'll be the time I'm available. I'll also be able to read through what's been posted and see where we're at.