The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-03-2010, 05:05 AM   #41
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozban View Post
Aganzir's surveillance is a bit unnerving though.
I find all that curiosity concerning my performance quite demanding.
Just do not let that concern you too much. I think the game itself can easily make you forget such "outside" things, as you will have more pressing matters to concentrate on - whether about catching Wolves or trying to prevent yourself from being caught...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 05:33 AM   #42
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Can't help feeling ever so slightly curious about this Ozzy person too...

When is this set to get started anyway? Or are we waiting for more players?
Old 10-03-2010, 07:49 AM   #43
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip spence View Post
When is this set to get started anyway? Or are we waiting for more players?
Well Lommy said we'd probably start on Sunday, if we had around 14 signed up and ready. There's 13 now, that's a good number for a standard game.

*Stands in crowd to yell "Get on with it." *
Old 10-04-2010, 05:02 AM   #44
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Thumbs up

But but Boro! I want 14 people because I think a village of 13 having a cobbler is not a very fair thing (although, I will make the cobbler a little less powerful mwahahaa) and we all want to have a cobbler, don't we?

That means I still want one more player. Come on lurkers! You know you want to play.

And this message is also to say welcome Greenie and Pitchwife.

I think we'll be starting Night1 tomorrow whether we have 14 players or not then we just don't have a cobbler. If our cobbler appears in the next 9h though, Night1 will start already today...

Now off to sketch rules and/or narrations (what would be a better way to avoid studying for Wednesday's exam...)
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:40 AM   #45
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Okay, the rules are up. They are found in the first post of the thread. (The cobbler rules are in parentheses because it's not clear yet whether we'll have one or not.)

Eönwë - I still need an occupation from you.

Stalkers, we still need one more player if we want to have a cobbler.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:20 AM   #46
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

*gives in*

Ok, I'm in! I wanted to take a break from WW for a while....but I changed my mind.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:46 AM   #47
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thumbs up

Good girl! Welcome Wilwa (and cobbler).

Means we start today (eeks, does that mean I have to start writing the first narration at some point?), in some 6+ hours. Since I'm about now off to paint for a few hours, it might be the Night is slightly shorter than usual but we'll see.

Yay, now I'm getting excited.

If there's still somebody out there who wants to play, you have 6 hours and 15 minutes to do it.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:06 PM   #48
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Oh, Wilwa and Eönwë, unless you come up with descriptions for yourselves in the next 1,5h I'm going to make you both professional hunters (and you'll have to come up with the details later).

Still about that 1,5h if there's somebody out there who wants to join. Night1 starts in 2 hours, I'm currently writing the opening narration.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:22 PM   #49
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Closing the sign ups now.

Will start randomising the roles now and you can expect them to be sent out within an hour.

Night1 will begin in 40 minutes.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:38 PM   #50
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Wow Lommy, when you get rolling there's no stopping, you just keep going and going and going...
Old 10-04-2010, 02:00 PM   #51
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Eye

The thread is up and Night1 has begun.

Remember to turn yourselves invisible, and enjoy the game!
Old 10-04-2010, 02:04 PM   #52
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

The roles have been sent now. If you didn't get one, please PM me. I think you all got one, though.

And just realised the phrasing of Ozban's "occupation" is rather funny... wonder if I should change it.

PS. And Boro will be modfired if he still comments on my flood-posting on this thread!
Old 10-04-2010, 02:09 PM   #53
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
PS. And Boro will be modfired if he still comments on my flood-posting on this thread!
I'd just take over.

That being said....

*starts stalking the game thread*
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:06 AM   #54
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Two things I want to say before anything gets misleading -

1) All the gifteds will be referred to the narrations as "she"s and all the wolves as "he"s. This was decided already before any roles were given out, so no use basing any conclusions on it. In case I accidentally deviate from this, I don't take any responsibility on your basing any kind of conclusions on it.

2) If Agan seems to be hovering around somehow related to this game and commenting on stuff, it's because she is the unofficial co-ish-mod-ish. This also explains her comments on some role PMs you got. Please refrain discussing her comments on your role PMs though - that is just as much forbidden as quoting something like "Your ww role: you are a wolf alongside with x and y." or discussing the content of the PMs like "Lommod comforted us poor ordos by saying our role is her personal favourite". If she said something incredibly funny (which I doubt she did) you can send her a PM to congratulate her on her excellence or say it in the aftergame.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:04 PM   #55
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I'm the roommate who has access to Lommy's computer, you see.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:00 PM   #56
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
So I'm just saying I'm around, but I have to head off to work for a few hours shortly. I should be back within the next four to six hours or so and will get caught up then.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:51 AM   #57
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'm sorry, but it turns out that I might only be around for the last two hours or so toDay.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:19 PM   #58
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I will never - never - clarify a rule for anyone ever again. Ever. That's the only reason I was lynched and I fully blame Lottie.

Go wolves. You guys suck.

- An extremely frustrated Shasta who has never been Seer before and was summarily lynched while not around to defend himself, apparently for the crime of clarifying whether or not the Hunter killed an innocent if lynched.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:59 PM   #59
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Sorry for non-vote– I just didn't know who to vote earlier, and I wasn't able to get online nearer DL.

Not that it would have made much difference.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:01 PM   #60
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Just letting you know you shouldn't draw any conclusions on the gender of the mystery person in the narration based of my usage of "he": it was chosen to differentiate from the ranger being "she".

(The same logic will go for all narrations in the future, in case I need to talk about someone unnamed. )

PS. Eönwë and Wilwa, if you want interesting death narrations in case you die, please give some details about your occupations.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:42 PM   #61
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Just an announcement - as I have also said on the game thread, I will have to vote early toDay, and then again, on the contrary, I won't be around during the most of Day 3 and likely be around only close to its end (in case I am still alive at that time). Just so that people don't expect me to post when I am not around...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 10-08-2010, 07:37 AM   #62
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Ya'll killed your seer on Day 1? Sorry luck there. I think it's pretty funny, actually.

Okay, I'm done commenting. Have fun.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:21 PM   #63
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

I'm sorry everyone I went to go take a nap and I guess I ended up sleeping through the alarms I set
Old 10-09-2010, 02:05 PM   #64
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Haha, thought I should share that I finished writing the narration at 7.59 PM gmt.

And not commenting on the game itself, except that it seems quite eventful this far.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:09 PM   #65
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozban View Post
Kid? you are about 4 months older than me!!
I call everyone kid when I think they're cool, whether they're younger then me or even people significantly older then me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Eönwë and Wilwa, if you want interesting death narrations in case you die, please give some details about your occupations.
Can I just be 'the cute one who provides the muffins'.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:47 PM   #66
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Just a general message to everybody... initially I was slightly sad for dying because I cannot participate anymore, but then I have decided that I will definitely be following the game... really closely... so you have the Dead watching you And I am all cheering for my side still...
Old 10-10-2010, 09:42 PM   #67
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I'd just like to pop in and point out how much I'm enjoying reading this massacre....erm, game. It's very entertaining.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:52 PM   #68
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

I want this game to end now so we can start discussing and so I can start yelling at the Wolves and Boro
Old 10-14-2010, 05:10 AM   #69
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
I want this game to end now so we can start discussing and so I can start yelling at the Wolves and Boro
Haha, right? The one time we're Gifteds together, and they just had to ruin it
Old 10-14-2010, 09:53 AM   #70
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Silmaril

I will end the game once I have written the narration... which might take a while because I suddenly started to feel lazy but I think it will be there before the usual DL...