The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-15-2009, 04:13 PM   #1321
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I walked past an ice cream ad today. There was a text Let's fall in love! and a picture of the two ice creams they were advertising leaning on each other. Their names were Nogger and Berry Berry. I cracked up.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:32 PM   #1322
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
You know you're addicted to the Barrow-Downs when you are plotting, so far in advance to ask your mum if you can send out more Christmas cards to Barrow-Downers this year. I would like to exchange cards with many BDers, but my mum gets a bit creeped out with people on the internet; so I must ask before I send. The one I got last year was very lovely.

Mum also gets antsy when I talk excessively about the BD, like in the car coming home from school, or in the supermarket, or walking down the road, or before bedtime. She now knows about Hookbill, Lommy, Aganzir, Volo, and many others because of my ramblings.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:21 PM   #1323
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
When you read the sign saying "Pizza Quick" as "Pizza Quack"
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:23 PM   #1324
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
When you read the sign saying "Pizza Quick" as "Pizza Quack!
Speaking of pizza, a new pizza parlor has opened in our town called "Goomba's Pizza."
Old 04-21-2009, 12:44 PM   #1325
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
Speaking of pizza, a new pizza parlor has opened in our town called "Goomba's Pizza."
I hope you have already been there! It's your patriotic, err, Downeriotic, duty!
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 04-21-2009, 01:45 PM   #1326
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
I hope you have already been there! It's your patriotic, err, Downeriotic, duty!
Not to mention good for your stomach, their food is good!
Old 04-29-2009, 05:50 PM   #1327
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Yup. Pretty sure I'm addicted when I'm reading this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
We're buddies.
... "were-buddies."

Although, in my defence, referring to were-ducklings and the sun in my eyes doesn't help.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:41 PM   #1328
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
That'll be my cousin, Sockbill the Goomba. I wouldn't recomend his Pizzas. They've got soap in them... At best.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:55 PM   #1329
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
On facebook Kath has (or is tagged in or something) an album called something like "museums, phantom, and random crap". Enough said.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:24 AM   #1330
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Hah! sally you wouldn't believe how long it just took me to remember which album that was. I was actually sat there thinking 'did I meet phantom and just forget about it .... oh wait, I was talking about the stage show!'
Old 04-30-2009, 10:56 AM   #1331
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Hah! sally you wouldn't believe how long it just took me to remember which album that was. I was actually sat there thinking 'did I meet phantom and just forget about it .... oh wait, I was talking about the stage show!'
Heh. Exactly, dear, exactly.

I was in rehearsal yesterday and had a really weird Downs moment, but now I can't remember it.

In other news, I'm now in the habit of typing toDay, toNight, and toMorrow, instead of today, tonight, and tomorrow. Curses.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:00 PM   #1332
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
In other news, I'm now in the habit of typing toDay, toNight, and toMorrow, instead of today, tonight, and tomorrow. Curses.
That's normal, Sally. *pats* And it's the same for me, even though I haven't played WW for ages...
Old 05-01-2009, 03:50 AM   #1333
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

So I'm writing my environmental literature paper and I'm talking about reasons for being 'green'. At some point I was about to say that being a little green is popular now, then I realized if I read that bit in class I'd collapse into a fit of giggles so I had to edit it.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:56 PM   #1334
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

I am not sure if this is a sign that I am addicted to the Downs... but my brother started to play the melody from Fungoltch and Shcmurt on guitar!

...and even worse, it seems like he is making a song based on it...
Old 05-07-2009, 02:34 PM   #1335
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
I am not sure if this is a sign that I am addicted to the Downs... but my brother started to play the melody from Fungoltch and Shcmurt on guitar!

That's amazing.

I'm sure Hooky will be proud... or worried!
Old 05-07-2009, 03:04 PM   #1336
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Heh. Probably a bit of both.

When I was at the doctor's on Tuesday I saw a couple things that convinced me I need to either stop playing Werewolf or see a therapist.

"Run(e) to fail. No PM necessary."

Also:

"Fire evacuation plan." I read it as "Fire(foot) execution plan."

Silleh, silleh, silleh.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:27 PM   #1337
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Quote:

Do you mean the 'theme tune' (i.e. ascending and descending notes) or the running music?
Old 05-07-2009, 04:03 PM   #1338
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
Do you mean the 'theme tune' (i.e. ascending and descending notes) or the running music?
Yes, that's how he started. Then (after a long time) he started to make variations of it and making a kind of song based on that. And then we watched the video and he started to play the opening music of it
Old 05-07-2009, 08:32 PM   #1339
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:

I've got that type of brother. Yesterday he drew a P and A. But not only did he draw a Phantom and Alien, but also was coming up with a whole cart-load of ideas for new ones, like he wants to write them.

But concerning myself, and Lauri. Someone at school was talking about something, and I think she said something like "lammy", Laurinque pipes up and says "Is that like Lommy?"
Old 05-08-2009, 08:47 AM   #1340
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Top Ten Signs You're Addicted to the Scarburg Meadhall

There's a firm called Maritim, and I always read its name as Matrim...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:18 PM   #1341
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I was at a party last night where I met a girl from the Danish minority in northern Germany and her name was Mira. . .

I found my self constantly thinking of the downs when I heard somebody say her name.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:12 PM   #1342
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
After 5 years...

After five years, you've lost contact with almost all your friends yet, you still know the downers
Old 05-08-2009, 07:01 PM   #1343
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

I saw a thing to-day that read "Biomes of doom." I accidentally read it as "Runes of Doom."
Old 05-12-2009, 03:40 PM   #1344
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Today, rather then spending some much needed time on my homework, I sat reading back threw old Mirth threads from when I was first a member of the Downs. I cannot believe how easy it is to lose hours on here.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:07 PM   #1345
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Today, rather then spending some much needed time on my homework, I sat reading back threw old Mirth threads from when I was first a member of the Downs. I cannot believe how easy it is to lose hours on here.
Have done that many times.

Also, when you laugh at the word "beef" (I blame you, Hookbill)

Last edited by Eönwë; 05-12-2009 at 04:24 PM.
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:23 PM   #1346
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post

Also, when you laugh at the word "beef" (I blame you, Hookbill)
Or whenever you think of the word 'beef', you think of Alien.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:25 AM   #1347
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior View Post
You should be thinking of me!

It looks like the money I spent on adverts was a complete waste!

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 04:08 AM   #1348
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior View Post
This is so much more appropriate than you know.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:27 PM   #1349
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Okay, I wonder what does it say if one goes listening to the main theme from the movie "Alien" and also to another song named "Phantom" - well that would be okay just by itself, but I actually then played both the songs in reverse, just so that I can say I have been listening to "Schmurt" and "Fungoltch"!!!
Old 05-17-2009, 04:26 PM   #1350
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
This is so much more appropriate than you know.
Oh dear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
You should be thinking of me!

It looks like the money I spent on adverts was a complete waste!
Apparently it was.

My brother asked me about two days ago if he could be a member of the BD! This probably means that I talk about this website more than I should!
I told him that he needed to read TH and LotR first.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:45 PM   #1351
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

When you watch Britain's Got Talent for once (I happened to be quite bored at this moment), and you see an act called The Barrow Boys... need I say more?
Old 05-26-2009, 08:41 PM   #1352
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
When you watch Britain's Got Talent for once (I happened to be quite bored at this moment), and you see an act called The Barrow Boys... need I say more?
or when you see susan boyle realize there are dwarf women and you feel the need to discuss it in excrutiating length.... sorry to boyle fans
Old 06-03-2009, 01:52 PM   #1353
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

When you have "Important business" on the computer, and this business happens to be checking the Barrow-Downs. It was important though. I need to check to see if Paper Telephone has come my way yet.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:32 AM   #1354
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

When you are going to the elections and amusing yourself with the idea of writing on the ballots "++ ..."
Old 06-12-2009, 04:17 PM   #1355
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

And also - well, okay, I don't think that's a sign of addiction... aiieee, okay, of course it is! (So is it so bad with me that I am even denying it? Great!) Well, today I was reading a book for my exams and I must say I was quite pleased by the book's referrence to one theory: "according to Gordis..."
Old 06-13-2009, 07:11 PM   #1356
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

you know why my avatar is a cookie
Old 06-28-2009, 09:23 PM   #1357
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

I don't know if this counts as addiction but...
I noticed, very stupidly of me, that a thread must be very popular to be able to stay afloat in the Mirth forum!
Old 06-29-2009, 05:45 AM   #1358
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I agree try reviving one you like... sometimes it works...

EDIT: I'd also like to say you know you're addicted when you check back every 5 minutes to see if anything new has happened

Last edited by Morsul the Dark; 06-29-2009 at 06:59 AM.
Morsul the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:17 PM   #1359
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
EDIT: I'd also like to say you know you're addicted when you check back every 5 minutes to see if anything new has happened
Wait, isn't that normal?
Old 06-29-2009, 07:30 PM   #1360
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

It is, so is checking the "Who's Online" feature