Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2008, 08:36 PM   #641
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
What? What festivities? Did I miss something important?
It does strike me as a little odd that it's while Eodwine is away that the Eodwinelingas will be celebrating...

Or is this a case of "when the cat's away, the mice will play"?
Old 08-14-2008, 04:46 AM   #642
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
What? What festivities? Did I miss something important?
It's celebration day. And Eodwine is staying in Scarburg for it. He'll leave for Edoras on the morrow.

Firefoot, sorry for leaving you hanging. I've remembered about Rowenna and now it's your turn.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:28 AM   #643
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I will get another post up this afternoon once I return from lunch as we're going out to celebrate my siblings exam results.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:44 AM   #644
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Fea, you've taken to reading Eodwine's mind and finding things I didn't even know were there. Maybe when I'm gone YOU should take him up.... (I'm not joking).

Formy, I really like your rendering, "Eodwinelingas" - great idea, and very fitting to both Tolkien and Anglo-Saxon culture. I think however that since there is no L in Eodwine's name, the proper rendering would be "Eodwiningas".

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 08-14-2008 at 09:48 AM.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:14 AM   #645
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Fea, you've taken to reading Eodwine's mind and finding things I didn't even know were there.
*pauses, startled*

Wait, is there something I ought not to have written?

Quote:
Maybe when I'm gone YOU should take him up.... (I'm not joking).
I'm flattered you think I'd do a decent job at it, but I don't consider myself reliable about sticking around any more. I came back this summer because I was bored. But with school starting in just over two weeks? I'm terrified of next semester and it hasn't even started.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:29 PM   #646
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Formy, I really like your rendering, "Eodwinelingas" - great idea, and very fitting to both Tolkien and Anglo-Saxon culture. I think however that since there is no L in Eodwine's name, the proper rendering would be "Eodwiningas".
Ah, that would be better. I thought it looked a little awkward... and the cognation of Anglo-Saxon would explain why.

Though it does look awfully close to "Eodwine-ninjas"
Old 08-14-2008, 05:03 PM   #647
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
Though it does look awfully close to "Eodwine-ninjas"
And this is a bad thing... how?
Old 08-14-2008, 08:43 PM   #648
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
*pauses, startled* Wait, is there something I ought not to have written?
No, but your last two posts have gone into Eodwine's head. My initial reaction was, "Hey, what do you think you're doing!" But that was quickly followed by, "Hmmm, eennnnnterrresting."

Formy, post # 228 is a duplicate and incomplete version of post #229.

Gwath, Kara, Formy & Firefoot, I'm thinking that Rowenna and Nydfara will arrive at the kitchen the same time (roughly) as Crabannan and the others. Could make for an interesting melee..... I suppose Ginna is there too, but her writer is remorsefully absent, so we will have to just use her as makes sense.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 08-14-2008 at 08:54 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:15 PM   #649
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Formendacil/lmp

I deleted the incomplete version of Formendacil's post.

~*~ Pio
Old 08-15-2008, 01:31 AM   #650
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'll write something either today or tomorrow...
Old 08-15-2008, 05:23 AM   #651
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
No, but your last two posts have gone into Eodwine's head. My initial reaction was, "Hey, what do you think you're doing!" But that was quickly followed by, "Hmmm, eennnnnterrresting."
I wouldn't normally borrow somebody's mind, but I'd noticed that many of your Eodwine posts included interspersed thoughts and I didn't want to break with the pattern you'd created. I tried to keep thoughts simple/obvious/descriptive, rather than making a whole bunch of stuff up... But I can not, if you prefer.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:28 AM   #652
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
lmp, Fea, I've moved Eodwine and Degas to the kitchen because I seem to recall that was an idea somewhere. If you'd rather they weren't there yet then I can remove it but I can't do anything until Monday now as I'm going away for the weekend.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:21 AM   #653
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Very nice writing everyone! I love the way that this is turning out.

I'll be gone tomorrow with the Boy Scouts and I just wanted to know if I should do a small post for Lithor to get the festivities underway, before I leave, or do you think that we should let the current situation calm down a bit?

I'll have a post sending Erbrand to go look on the boys situation on Sunday.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:15 AM   #654
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'll wait to post for Saeryn until after Eodwine or Fea post, confirming what Kath just wrote.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:33 PM   #655
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
I'll wait to post for Saeryn until after Eodwine or Fea post, confirming what Kath just wrote.
I'm fine with what Kath wrote. I intended to wait for Elempi to post, but if there's popular demand, I'll get cracking after work.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:47 PM   #656
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
It matters not to me who posts next, so long as somebody posts eventually (and the sooner the better).
Old 08-15-2008, 02:02 PM   #657
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I've got a post up for Lithor starting the festivities after breakfast. Instead of having everyone make a post about coming up to Lithor and asking if they could be in the games, I think that we should just make a list here in the discussion thread.

The games that will be played will be:
Archery
Horse Racing
Racing on foot
(probably more for the little ones though)
Stone Throwing
Wrestling
Dueling ?

Just say which sport/s you want you character to be in.

If I've stepped out of place in organizing this, instead of Elempi or someone else, I'm sorry. I just wanted to get this thing underway before I leave tonight. Sorry if I've caused any inconvenience, and if I need to delete or edit anything in my posts I'll do it on Sunday when I return.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:16 PM   #658
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Groin, I'm a little confused as to exactly which tent Lithor is in. Is it the kitchen tent?

I do know that Crabannan will be pretty stoked about these games. Competition is right up his alley, and he hasn't had anything to but haul rocks for a month.

Edit: Hmm. Now wouldn't it be interesting if Erbrand and Crabannan ended up competing alongside/against one another...

Last edited by Gwathagor; 08-15-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:42 AM   #659
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
I wouldn't normally borrow somebody's mind, but I'd noticed that many of your Eodwine posts included interspersed thoughts and I didn't want to break with the pattern you'd created. I tried to keep thoughts simple/obvious/descriptive, rather than making a whole bunch of stuff up... But I can not, if you prefer.
Don't change a thing. I'm enjoying what you're doing.

Groin, great ideas! Thanks for stepping up with them! Your list is great! If there are any other Anglo-Saxon oriented games besides those that Groin lists, we can add those too.

Now to see what Kath was talking about....
Old 08-16-2008, 12:21 PM   #660
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I hate making posts like this... but sorry, I won't post today, I need to use some time to study and it's already late. I will post either tomorrow or on Monday. That is a serious promise. (More serious than Lommy-RPG-serious. ) I have no idea what's the situation right now, but Foley if you feel like it and something should be done with the kids, you can really just continue, even though it might be a bit boring for you. I hope Modtryth is not needed right now.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:59 PM   #661
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I'd add / replace "dueling" with

quarterstaff -fight

That's both a relatively common skill and having that kind of fight is not as dangerous as a swordfight. So for merriment's sake it would be better - even if still something that might lead into a few bruises.

Maybe also

Javelin throwing

...not perhaps how far one could throw it as such, but how accurately - and how far accurately (like the first round from 50 feet, the next round from 80 etc...)?

*just thinking about things Stigend might do well in*
Old 08-16-2008, 03:08 PM   #662
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quarterstaves would certainly be safer than swords. Maybe we do both?

I think Nogrod is on to a good idea with the javelins. Why not change that to spears, one of the Rohirrim's chief weapons, and one in which all the men would have training?
Old 08-16-2008, 03:25 PM   #663
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Quarterstaves would certainly be safer than swords. Maybe we do both?
I'd say we should not go to a swordplay... it's just a bit too dangerous. But anyway you wish.

Quote:
Why not change that to spears, one of the Rohirrim's chief weapons, and one in which all the men would have training?
A good idea.

Btw. as I now see things have moved forwards quite a bit I'm not so sure whether we should now bring on anything about the kids as it would be going backwards in time in any case. So maybe we just stick to the present of the story? I'm pretty confident the "games" will allow us some opportunities to write them back in interesting enough fashion as they will surely compete more seriously than the adults...
Old 08-16-2008, 03:29 PM   #664
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

I suppose swords would be awfully dangerous.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:31 PM   #665
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

They would have practicing blades, folks. Blunted without points, but properly balanced, most likely. It's definitely do-able.

I don't care what we do with the boys. I was hoping someone (other than me) would decide what Garstan said to them.

Can someone really throw a javelin or spear 50 feet?

Quarter staff fighting sounds like tons of fun. I did that this summer with another friend. She and I really got into it. I got bloody fingers, and a banged head once. It was quite enjoyable.

-- Folwren
Old 08-17-2008, 05:56 AM   #666
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

How many of Scarburg's women will take part in these traditionally manly games? Are there women's games that might be thought of? Or other such games, like what might be good for kids?
Old 08-17-2008, 08:47 AM   #667
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

The kid's games... someone I think suggested running and that sounds good. Also, they have been practising archery the last few weeks so they should show people what they have learned. But no wrestling, please. I think they have had enough of that already...

One possible event could be that old game where two people face each other standing on a log that has ben hoisted up (like a meter or something) and they have heavy sacks as weapons trying to stay on the log and make the other fall. I can't remember the English name for it but I hope you know the sport. In that there might be a female competition as well.

Maybe something like dagger-throwing for the women or something? I mean at least I think the rohanian society was quite a traditional one in respect to male and female roles - with possible exceptions like that of Eowyn - and so the female "games" should be less dangerous and possibly less physical or aiming less to physical damage in the first place.

How about a competition which would include different tasks to perform? I mean tasks that would require agility, firmness of hand, wit and such. It might even be a game for all (also males and kids) as there might be interesting results. The tasks could be something like climbing to get a required object, pebble-throwing, building from pieces of wood a tower of a required height so that it doesn't collapse, figuring out any sort of puzzles, running/crawling/jumping through a track with different obstacles etc.

Or something like that.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:06 AM   #668
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Whatever games there are for women to do, I imagine they would be designed for the woman to be wearing a dress/skirt - so no climbing could be involved. I kind of doubt that they would be included in any game with weapons (including the knife throwing). I don't remember reading any story wherein a woman took part in any tournament or games. Usually they sit by and be boring.

Not to say we can't break the rules a bit.

What about board games, like Nine Men's Morris?

No time for more suggestions just now...
Old 08-17-2008, 11:07 AM   #669
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
I don't remember reading any story wherein a woman took part in any tournament or games. Usually they sit by and be boring.
You should look up Tamora Pierce's novels. Not necessarily realistic, but there are women in combat. Very few female knights (ahem... two.), but the queen's ladies, for example, are highly skilled at archery and such...

In any case, something I read a few years back stuck with me. The scenario was that the castle was under siege and some of the kids were freaking out that there weren't very many men around. Somebody says something about how once when pirates attacked, her aunt had barrels of lard lit and catapulted at the ships. The response was something like, "As any well-reared noblewoman would do."

It stuck with me because it reminds me that even if women aren't classically trained for combat the way men are, they would not be exactly helpless when it came to battle and strategy: they would have at least overheard a lot of what the men knew; couple that with a strong portion of common sense and can you imagine the ire of the matriarch of any family? I for one pity people who draw my mom's wrath. 'Helpless' is not in the vocabulary of most women, particularly way back when. Imagine, for example, Frodidas's prowess with a broom and cooking pot if somebody messed with her kitchen. She would also be well acquainted with what burns easily and what would make the enemies' food spoil if somebody could slip unnoticed into the rival camp. That's certainly a terrifying power. Hungry men don't fight as well.

Women, though perhaps not trained to go out riding on the front lines, would be well acquainted with domestic abilities which could easily be used creatively for defense or offense.

Not that it pertains exactly to a day of manly games... I just wanted to point out that though women were supposed to sit nearby and be boring, when it came right down to it, they were pretty freaking awesome.

But bearing in mind that this is Rohan: the women can ride, and therefore they could race if it was okay for them to do so. Anybody know if it would be acceptable for them to take part in that?

Ooh!

Idea!

Can we have a game of riddles?

Pretty please?
Old 08-17-2008, 11:42 AM   #670
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:

Ooh!

Idea!

Can we have a game of riddles?

Pretty please?
I had the same thought. We really should. Let that happen around the bonfire after the sun goes down.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:44 PM   #671
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Games at Scarburg

Quote:
Groin, I'm a little confused as to exactly which tent Lithor is in. Is it the kitchen tent?
Yep.

I'll add the Javelin throwing and quarterstaff- fight to the list. If we want to, we could make the dueling more of entertainment for the rest of the camp while two experienced fighters battle it out. Several characters that come to mind are Thornden, Eodwine, Crabannan, and possibly Nain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
Can someone really throw a javelin or spear 50 feet?
It was said that any Comanche (that's an American Indian to all you Europeans) worth his salt could throw a spear 75yds and kill his foe. A very remarkable feat considering their retarded skills with weapon making. I'd say that we could even stretch the distance a bit when it comes to the Rohirric people.

For the women's games we could include archery and maybe horseback riding; the knife throwing was an excellent idea! Nogrod, you mentioned throwing pebbles, we could do the classic "throw a stone and knock down some cans" trick with them. It combines accuracy and a certain amount of strength for the ladies. Also, the ladies would fit in really well with the riddles and singing that will happen later that night.

I still need to have a list of all the games that everyone will be doing. I'll just go ahead and put Erbrand's name next to the sports that he'll be doing. We still have a little time before the games begin, because of Eodwine and Saryen.

Archery Erbrand
Horse Racing Erbrand
Racing on foot Erbrand
Stone Throwing Large stones for the men to throw, and smaller stones for the ladies to knock things down with (if we want to do that).
Wrestling
Dueling ?

Quarterstaff-fight Erbrand
Javelin Throwing Erbrand
Riddles
Old 08-17-2008, 01:18 PM   #672
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Hmm. Now wouldn't it be interesting if Erbrand and Crabannan ended up competing alongside/against one another...
I wouldn't have it any other way! *smiles evilly and rubs his hands* I'm looking forward to it, Gwathagor.

Nogrod, should Erbrand go ahead and get the boys without talking to Stigend, or should he wait until he is approached?
Old 08-17-2008, 01:28 PM   #673
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Elempi, do you mind if I use the day's revelry to have Degas learn something of lordship from Eodwine? I was thinking something along the lines of Degas not knowing exactly what's appropriate (like, should he take part, or should he watch neutrally), and Eodwine giving him well-disguised lessons on the fact that people who can interact with a leader during fun times will follow said leader during harder ones...

Degas is a bit too proud to downright ask for help (though he's real close, let me tell you), but he'll be eager to learn...
Old 08-17-2008, 01:46 PM   #674
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

If we all continue to add our names to this existing list, than we'll have a better idea of exactly who's doing what.

Archery Erbrand, Crabannan,
Horse Racing Erbrand,
Racing on foot Erbrand,
Stone Throwing
Wrestling Crabannan,
Dueling Crabannan,
Quarterstaff-fight Erbrand, Crabannan,
Javelin Throwing Erbrand, Crabannan
Riddles
Old 08-17-2008, 02:24 PM   #675
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Archery Erbrand, Crabannan, Garmund, Cnebba
Horse Racing Erbrand,
Racing on foot Erbrand, Garmund, Cnebba
Stone Throwing Garmund, Cnebba
Wrestling Crabannan
Dueling Crabannan
Quarterstaff-fight Erbrand, Crabannan, Stigend
Javelin Throwing Erbrand, Crabannan, Stigend
Riddles
Sack-fight
Dagger-throwing
Task-path

Garmund, Cnebba and Javan should take part in the archery among others as this is no modern society where children are the bosses or treated that differently... So they either are good at something or then not... the same goes to racing on foot and especially stone-throwing. Although I think they would not be allowed to wrestle or to duel or that kind of thing...

I added the sack-fight, dagger-throwing and the "task-path" to the list. Let's see if anyone is interested.

With the task-path I mean something like running for a hundred yards then climbing to get an item from the top of a tree or something. Then running again to build a tower from pieces of wood or something and running yet again to build a tent from scratch - and running yet again etc... We could come up with the particular tasks together. And the competants should run in circles somewhat so that the audience might see their performances all the time - and the first to come back after fulfilling all the tasks would be the winner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin
Nogrod, should Erbrand go ahead and get the boys without talking to Stigend, or should he wait until he is approached?
If you have time in your hands and an idea, go on with it. Whatever you come up with is fine. And at least Stigend will be bothered by the news that Eodwine is going and of the responsibility he has been given so it would be understandable he manages not to pay heed that the kids are not around right now. And it would bring Erbrand and Stigend (and Modryth) to closer contact as well which would be good.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:45 AM   #676
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Elempi, do you mind if I use the day's revelry to have Degas learn something of lordship from Eodwine? I was thinking something along the lines of Degas not knowing exactly what's appropriate (like, should he take part, or should he watch neutrally), and Eodwine giving him well-disguised lessons on the fact that people who can interact with a leader during fun times will follow said leader during harder ones...

Degas is a bit too proud to downright ask for help (though he's real close, let me tell you), but he'll be eager to learn...
Most agreeable.

Seems to me women could be part of the horse racing.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:54 AM   #677
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Just a quick check.in

I just read all of the posts. You have all done amazing job - I wish I was able to rep all the recent posts. Now I'm off to read this discussion thread and then hopefully I can actually write something...
Old 08-18-2008, 12:50 PM   #678
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
What about board games, like Nine Men's Morris?
Talking of board games, how about tćfl?(or is that hnefatćfl?) I've played it a few times, a few years ago and it's quite fun.

As for riddles- that sounds fun. But I suppose that since you have to make up your own I can't use the famous Anglo-Saxon one (or at least a version of it):

Swings by his thigh / a thing most magical!
Below the belt / beneath the folds
Of his clothes it hangs / a hole in its front end,
stiff-set and stout / it swivels about.

Levelling the head / of this hanging tool,
its wielder hoists his hem / above his knee;
it is his will to fill / a well-known hole
that it fits fully / when at full length

He's oft filled it before. / Now he fills it again.

Have you guessed the answer? It's a key!

Anyway, sounds fun.

Archery Erbrand, Crabannan, Garmund, Cnebba, Dan
Horse Racing Erbrand,
Racing on foot Erbrand, Garmund, Cnebba
Stone Throwing Garmund, Cnebba
Wrestling Crabannan, Dan
Dueling Crabannan, Dan
Quarterstaff-fight Erbrand, Crabannan, Stigend, Dan
Javelin Throwing Erbrand, Crabannan, Stigend, Dan
Riddles Dan
Sack-fight
Dagger-throwing
Task-path

The Task-path seems just his sort of thing, but that was for boys and womenn, wasn't it? Anyway Dan definately has enough on his plate as it is.

Last edited by Eönwë; 08-20-2008 at 03:10 AM.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:06 PM   #679
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Hey, we own tafl, though I didn't know that's what it was called.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:45 PM   #680
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I am unwell today, and therefore will probably not be posting anything.

I hope to rejoin you all in next day or two. I'm so sorry, especially as I have two posts due.

-- Ellie